Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, some major breaking news tonight. President Biden has now sat for his very first television interview since his disastrous debate performance and since calls from Democrats from behind closed doors some in front have called for him to drop out of the race. First, and foremost, ABC News George Stephanopolos asked him, so, what the hell happened? What went wrong in that debate? Biden is sticking with the excuse that he had a bad cold and blaming international travel, even though he had return to the United States some eleven to twelve days prior to the debate.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to that answer.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the debate.
Speaker 4: You and your team have said you had a bad night, but your friend Nancy Pelosi actually framed the question, and I think is on the minds of millions of Americans. Was this a bad episode with a sign of a more serious condition.
Speaker 5: It's a bad episode, not in a case in any serious condition. I was exhausted. I did listen to my INDs thinks in terms of prepared.
Speaker 3: You say you were exhausted, and I know you've said that before as well, but you came and you did have a tough mind. But you came home from Europe about eleven or twelve days before the debate, spent six days in camp, David, Why wasn't that enough rest time, enough recovery time?
Speaker 5: Because I was sick. I was feeling terrible. Matter of fact, the docs with me. I asked if they did a COVID test, But you were trying to figure out what's wrong. You did a test to see whether or not I had some infection and know lirus. I didn't just sound a really.
Speaker 2: Bad cold, all right.
Speaker 1: So, as you can see, he's sticking to that excuse about the quote unquote bad cold. The second moment that really caught everybody's eye. Keep in mind, this is only the first two minutes and it was released by ABC's. When he's asked, so, did you even watch the debate? He cannot remember whether he watched the debate. He spaces out, looks off into the distance for almost a full five seconds, can barely answer, and then basically musters up. It was a bad episode, that's what it was. Let's just stick with that, and I am moving forward. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: Did you ever watch the debate? Afterwards?
Speaker 5: I don't think I did?
Speaker 2: Know, well, what I'm trying.
Speaker 3: What I want to get at is what were you experiencing as you were going through the debate? Did you know how badly it was going?
Speaker 5: Yeah, look the whole way I prepared nobody's fault mind, nobody's fault of mind. I prepared what I usually would do, sitting down as I did, come back foreign leaders or the National Security Council for explicit details. And I realized part way through that, you know, although I did get quoted The New York Times had me down at ten points before the debate nine now or whatever the hell it is, the fact of the matter is that what I looked at is that he also lied twenty eight times. I couldn't. I mean, the way the debate ran not my fault, nobody else, is all no one else's.
Speaker 4: But it seemed like you were having trouble from the first question in even before he spoke, well, I just had.
Speaker 2: A bad night, Okay.
Speaker 1: So that those were the two flagship moments from the debate that occurred just in the first two minutes. I'm gonna go ahead and break down the rest of it for you, and I have some of my notes in front of me. As I was watching it live. It's approbably me about eight thirty five pm here on the East Coast. So what happened is is that President Biden was asked a full three times by ABC News whether he would be whether he would commit to a cognitive test. He refused multiple times to say yes. He just kept saying, quote, I've already done it, pointing to his job performance as evidence that he was cognitively good enough to do the job. He was similarly asked whether he would commit to a neurological exam. Even though he referenced his check up, he has not had a full neurological makeup looking for dementior any other signs of aging Alzheimer related diseases. He said again that the full neurological test he takes is his work every day as president. There was one moment that really caught my eye. ABC News quote, are you more frail? President Biden? No, come keep my schedule. Keep in mind this is from the person who we have now learned had to take multiple afternoon naps during his debate, perform a debate preparation, had to take two full days off go to his beach house, and frankly had an entire week to prepare with advisors at Camp David doing absolutely nothing even ahead of his debate. There was also a few other moments which really caught my eye here as they got very deep into Biden's psychology. I'm going to read again directly, Are you being honest about your ability to defeat Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Biden?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes. He said that the polls were not accurate showing him losing to Donald Trump. ABC News challenged him, saying, mister President, I have never seen a president with a thirty six percent approval rating. Get reelected that his own internal polls showed something different. He says he is going to challenge Donald Trump in a way that he's never been challenged before, and he hasn't done it yet because he's been too busy with foreign affairs. He also claimed that every polster that he talks to says that he is in a toss up. So I mean Biden is full on delusional. I mean, every single major, high quality, even frankly low quality poll at this point shows him losing significantly to Donald Trump. Every single poll that has come out after the debate has only showed Trump expanding his lead over Joe Biden. George Stephanoppolos at ABC actually, to his credit, pressed him on that and said, hey, you know, how exactly is this going to get done? And he just continued to point to enthusiasm in a very Trumpian move. Actually, he said, have you ever seen anybody draw as big of a crowd as me? Keep in mind, at a frankly small gymnasium that he was just at at a campaign event in Wisconsin. ABC was like, I don't think you want to play that game, because Donald Trump also draws very large crowds. Continuing this is perhaps the most significant, Biden claimed that democratic discontent over his candidacy is just something that he's seen from the press. Now, keep in mind, there's only been a few public officials. Now I think it's one or two members of the House of Representatives that have come out and said that Joe Biden should drop out of the race. Senator Mark Warner allegedly behind the scenes, is trying to organize a group of senators to try and tell Biden to drop out. Biden was asked to respond to that, and he just said, Mark is a good man.
Speaker 2: Keep this in mind.
Speaker 1: I'm taking that with a grain of salt, because Mark Warner has not come out and said that publicly. That is something that has simply just been leaked to the Washington Post. Continuing on President Biden just said that the vast majority of Democrats want him to run again. He says, had his internal polls show a different approval rating. I mean, much of the answers here just show a man who is completely shrouded in delusion, who has convinced himself with visions of grandeur. I mean, he was asked why he wouldn't step aside for a stronger candidate, and he claimed that he was the strongest candidate. I mean, one of the most poignant moments actually came near the end of the interview. I'm going to go ahead and play it for you, guys. George Defanopplis asked him, if you stay in and Trump is elected and everything you're warning about comes to pass, how you will feel in January? Here is what Joe Biden had to say.
Speaker 3: And if you stay in and Trump is elected and everything you're warning about comes to pass, how will you feel in January?
Speaker 5: I feel as long as I gave it my all and I did the goodest jobs I know I can do, That's what this is about, looks George, think it to this way. You've heard me say this before. I think the United States and the world is as an inflection point. Well, the things that happened the next seven years are going to turn out the next six to seven decades in quiet. And who's going to be able to hold natter together like me? Who's going to be able to be in a position where I'm able to keep a Pacific basin in a position where we're at least check Benny China.
Speaker 2: Now, who's going to do Who's going to do that?
Speaker 5: Who has that reach?
Speaker 2: Who has who.
Speaker 5: Knows all these we're going to have? I guess a good way to judge me is you're going to have now the NATO conference here in the United States next week. Come listen, it's gonna what they.
Speaker 2: Said, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's putting it all out on the line. He basically thinks everybody is being a bedwetter. He thinks that all of these people are freaking out for no reason, that he's got plenty of tricks left up his sleeve. He was asked again twice of not only about his cognitive ability, but can you really keep doing this job? For four more years after this, and he would point to his accomplishments and I will say this like, this is my own personal, you know thing. He The number one thing he always brags about throughout this entire interview is expanding NATO, as if that's something that we're supposed to brag about. Bright expanding the US nuclear security umbrella and increasing the likelihood of war was part of our disastrous policy in Ukraine. He also at one point bragged about a peace plan in the Middle East. Anyone want check in over on the Middle East, tell me exactly what's going on there. I mean, some of the answers here are just they're insane. I guess ABC. To their credit they say, look, we released the full interview. There was no edits. But I mean, this is where I have to hit them a little bit. Twenty two minutes, guys, twenty two minutes, just to give people some, you know, some behind the scenes. I interviewed Donald Trump four separate times in the Oval Office over the span of two years. Not one of those interviews was less than thirty five minutes. Not one was less than thirty five minutes. I believe the longest one was an hour and six minutes. Now, sure, that's certainly a little bit atypical just because it was Trump, and you know, I guess there's some difference between camera as well, But I mean he sat for hour long interviews. He more recently did podcasts, and more so, twenty two minutes in this business is a joke. It is especially a joke coming from the man who just basically melted down on stage over a ninety minute debate and then waited eight nine days to do a twenty two measly interview. I can also report to you, guys, we're going to be talking a lot about this on Monday, that he will be doing a full press conference, solo press conference to allay everybody's concerns. Yeah, I guess when it is on Thursday. So he needed a week to prepare for the debate. Then he needed a week to prepare, you know, outside of his ten major events, which we're all just campaign events, reading off of a teleprompter, where he keeps just saying there's no way I'm going to drop out. There's no way I'm going to drop out, even as a groundswell of opinion, you know, starts to mount against him. What comes through to me everywhere I've gone this week, at literally everywhere, barbershop, jim where, you know, wherever I am, and public people are asking me. They're like, hey, so do you think that Biden is going to drop out? I'll repeat you know what I put out there already is that I will never bet against Joe Biden's arrogance. And his arrogance came through so much throughout this very very short interview. My personal favorite moment is George Deefhanoppolis asked him, so, who.
Speaker 2: Could get you to drop out?
Speaker 1: And he just said, the Lord Almighty, And he's not coming down so absent the Lord Almighty, he's not going anywhere. Maybe, you know, there could be a democratic revolt and other things that happened behind the scenes, but guys, I can tell you he is clinging to this, honestly, even harder than he probably he was before. He brought up that the press and everybody had counted him out beforehand in twenty twenty and in twenty twenty two. He's basically sticking to a theory that all of the polls are wrong, that he's been an incredible, amazing president, that the policies that he has done is setting the United States up for victory over the next six to seven decades. He believes in his head he is FDR. He thinks he is a world transformational president. He believes that he is the best man for the job. He claimed that he was the best candidate, the one most qualified to defeat Donald Trump. So as of right now, he's not going anywhere, guys. Even though in this interview he had several moments just kind of trailed off, lost his train of thought, coughed, stumbled, unable to get a sentence out with any semblance of clarity. So it was a revealing interview in several ways. Both his condition is exactly the same as it was during the debate. I guess the only good thing is he has committed to another debate, so we'll all get to see it a second time around sometime in September. It will be on ABC News, the same channel that broadcasted this interview.
Speaker 2: But wanted to make sure I went ahead and brought this.
Speaker 1: This is a major moment, and this is literally the first explanation that we've gotten from the President, and even a semi hostile question setting, and he has given us all of the answers to the questions of if he's going to drop out, No, are you worried about Democrats?
Speaker 2: What do you say to democrats? Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually winning in my secret polls, and there is nobody who can get me to drop out of this race except for the Lord Almighty, and he claims it. Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, Jim Klyburn, they all told him to keep running.
Speaker 2: So that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: We'll have a great show for everybody on Monday, and if anything breaks, I'll be back here over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'll see you guys later