Speaker 1: Hey, there're folks. It is Friday, August the twenty ninth, And while everybody was focused on that big engagement announcement this week, you might have missed several big breakup announcements this week. And it's all is wrapping up break up season? Is your relationship gonna survive? And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Robes. Of course, the engagement of Travis and Taylor wonderful makes our hearts just go a flood.
Speaker 2: It keeps hope alive, doesn't it that love can truly exist even in this crazy world of ours.
Speaker 1: But then, but then we got a reality check of sorts, not one, uh not two, I guess we got word that how many Love Island couples. Three out of the last four are no longer together.
Speaker 2: And the ones that are together, we're not even really sure what their relationship is. It's not even necessarily confirmed as romantics.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's get to the latest we have, and we're jumping on him, but yes, we have another. Iris and Pepe. Iris and Pepe have officially said that they have broken up. They were one of the final four couples. Now this was kind of I thought at least in the house we were in was a fan favorite couple. They seemed to have it together. Iris very much, no drama. Iris, he was cool, sweet, seemed to like her, and they seemed, I you know, from a distance, at least it seemed like they were good to go for a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, when I got sucked in. I got sucked in when the parents when they flew the parents to Fiji to meet everybody, and some of the couples, with the way they had the support of their families, I just felt like, holy crap, these couples actually have a shot in the real world.
Speaker 3: And I was sorely mistaken.
Speaker 1: So I say, Iris and Pepe that was a big deal because of how sweet they were. The other big deal that we are now getting official word the winners a Maya and Brian broke up Amaya and Bryan.
Speaker 2: They seemed rock solid. They seemed unbreakable. And by the way, folks, if you watched the Love Island reunion on Monday, those couples that we just mentioned, Iris and Pepe and Amaya and Brian were seemingly happy and in love in front of the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, and this was all apparently by design. Of sorts. Look, we give them credit. The special was taped two weeks before it aired. A lot can happen in two weeks. Apparently a lot did happen in two weeks. But it gave us an indication of where things were going, because right before the special aired, on Monday night of this week, two of the couples Irison, Pepe and Amaya and Brian, Brian, everybody, they all unfollowed.
Speaker 2: They followed each other, They.
Speaker 1: Unfollowed each other. So if this is modern dating, now that is the announcement that you have broken up.
Speaker 2: Well, we still need more than that. So yes, they all unfollowed each other. So Amaya and Brian came forward I believe. A couple days later and it was finally Iris and Pepe.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: So we're in a different time zone than my youngest analyst. But she texted TJ and I on a group text with crying and tears emoji tear emoji's because she was so upset to hear that.
Speaker 3: Iris and Pepe.
Speaker 2: We woke up to the breaking news that Iris and Pepe were unofficial.
Speaker 1: Now we have and I don't at all. I don't laugh or to dismiss when I watch these shows. I am rooting for these folks. We did several episodes after their episodes, essentially saying, hey, these were the great relationship lessons you learned. This is what they did good, this is what they did all of that stuff. We were really, really into it. So I'm certainly rooting for them. I don't know if they're going to get married, have kids and grandkids, but I at least rooting for them for a month. They left the villa and had been in the real world having a relationship for a month, and it's over already. What happened.
Speaker 3: That's disheartening.
Speaker 2: It makes you believe that, yes, perhaps this was just a relationship of convenience and perhaps to get as far as they could on the island and perhaps launch careers that they may want. So it does feel a little disingenuous. But I also could say that's the cynic in me. But the lover in me would say that relationships are really, really hard, and relationships that are forged in a bubble can be beautiful and fun and exciting, but when you are tested in the real world, that is in fact the true test. So I would actually say better that they break up now. Than a year from now. I mean, it's hard, it's tough out there, and if you don't have the foundation, if you don't have the support, if you don't have even the logistics in your favor. And some of these couples lived in different cities they had also, we know what it's like to have the lens of the world on you. That absolutely creates a do tension where you feel trapped, you feel like you can't do or say what you want to do or say. So there are a lot of things working against any of these couples who are starting off coming out of Paradiseially like.
Speaker 1: So much of the pressure you're talking about. It seems like some of the pressure might forge a stronger bond or even a more deceptive bond. Meeting they realize, you know what, this is beneficial for us to stay together for a little while. Let's just stomach it. But after a month, if you're done. This is supposed to be the most fun they are having is right now.
Speaker 2: On their victory tour, so to speak.
Speaker 3: If you made it to the.
Speaker 2: Final four and you're still a couple and you're having fun and Peacock is paying for your travel and your meals and your whatever nights out. I would imagine you're doing promotion around the country. You get to tour with the person who you just fell head over heels for. In the height, you think of your honeymoon era. So if you can't get through that, probably better to say goodbye now than later, because this should be the heyday.
Speaker 1: It should be. But we talk, I how difficult is it? This is my I say it all the time. I don't say people shouldn't get married young, and I'm not saying these relationships can't make it. The issue is just you don't have enough of a foundation of friendship and love and knowing each other. So when a challenge does come up, you can say, ah, I know he really didn't mean that, or I know she's gonna come around, or I know what this means when he gets this way. Instead, everything is just offensive and it's personal because you just don't have the trust built up over years with somebody. So Amaya came up. Some they called him cheating allegations, but they acknowledged he was at a bar serving as a bartender and appearance he was making. He was pouring shots maybe in women's mouths, and it looked bad.
Speaker 2: It looked like he was being flirt and paying attention to other women where his girlfriend was nowhere to be seen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if your boyfriend or husband of five years you see that video, you would call and say, knucklehead, what are you doing? Don't let me see that anymore? Or your shit is going to be on the sidewalk when you get back. See you at home, honey. Right, there's a foundation. Now she sees something like that, and there is no foundation, like, how dare you disrespect me?
Speaker 3: And but the problem is coming off of that.
Speaker 2: They actually she was asked about that at the reunion special, and they acted like they had had that exact conversation and that she basically sounded just like that, I wouldn't be with someone who was disrespectful of me. Clearly, if I'm still with him right now, that means we're good. And they had unfollowed each other. I mean this was taped two weeks earlier. So somehow in those two weeks between when she said that and when the actual finale or reunion aired, something happened where she seemed like, Hey, we've already moved past and we're good to suddenly yeah, I'm on following you and we broken up.
Speaker 1: I actually hit rewind on that moment a couple of times, because as soon as she was the question was asked, I think it was directed at Brian. She let out a very uncomfortable cackle. It just was it didn't play right. It just was a nervous kind of playing it off that I swear to you, My eyebrows went up in that moment.
Speaker 2: It didn't sound like someone who had moved on or who had completely forgiven the other person.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it was just uncomfortable and have to talk about something like this. But she did come out and made it official after everybody suspected what was happening, but she made it official with a statement that she put out and robes I guess, you know what. Let other people be their judge of what she's trying to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, she said, Brian and I are no longer together. After leaving the villa, it became very clear that we were on two different journeys. And I'm just gonna say, after leaving the villa, it became very so that means immediately to me. So it seems like maybe there was some deception going on in that reunion because this statement belies what we saw on television this week. By the way, Monday we should point out so anyway, after leaving the villa, it became very clear that we were on two different journeys. Our visions didn't align, and relationships are supposed to be a team sport. You don't have to drink the whole sea to know it's salty. All love here and I truly wish him the best. I feel like that last sentence was to try and soften the sentence before it.
Speaker 1: What does that mean.
Speaker 2: It means that she just needed to see what he was about. She didn't need to go into a whole long relationship with him. She found out pretty quickly one taste and she knew he was a little too salty for her.
Speaker 3: That's the way I read.
Speaker 1: It, That's how we recit. He responded a short time or just saying, hey, I know you're ala. We saw this, but he said we went our separate ways quote. Unfortunately, we were not on the same page, and that is okay. We have both gained clarity that we are on different paths right now. I am thankful for the time we have spent together, and I wish her nothing but the best moving forward. It seems after the experience they went through, how can you that's not enough exploration a month? You know, in a month, maybe you do. But the commitment they seem to want to make, I know, we're caught up. It's just love Island. But they committed to something that they didn't commit to for even a month, just a try.
Speaker 3: Well, Amaya, this is interesting.
Speaker 2: She goes on right after he puts this out on someone else's TikTok, a girl who has a video of him pouring the shots and doing the flirty thing that got him in trouble in the first place, and she says, imagine being broken up with only to come on to TikTok and find X, Y and Z. So she basically, when she left a comment, not just implied, said that Brian broke up with her, and so she made it very clear that she wanted more and he's the one who broke up with her. Look, let me put this out there. This was a big concern from a lot of the girls that maybe certain guys or certain people weren't there for the right reasons. But these guys are walking into or out of that villa, into their old lives now as studs stars, they're all the girls flocking towards them. So they're thinking, wait, at this moment in my life where now I'm getting more attention from women who I might not have even gotten a second glance at beforehand. Why am I not going to be tied down to somebody. I'm twenty five. This is the hottest I'm going to be. I just I can see that going through these guys heads. But that's a woman trying to get into a guy's head, which is probably not.
Speaker 3: A smart wait to hear.
Speaker 1: Do you don't have to go through We're not that complicated. You don't have to go through our heads. You can just watch our actions. And this is what he wants to do, and that is okay. It's just what he did declared in the villa something different that he wanted to pursue with her. I think he was the one I even appreciated when he talked about it. Seemed like to have a good family like family was very important to him in that side.
Speaker 2: Which is why all the girls waiting for him on the other side couldn't wait to try and see if they could get him to be their family man.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. What did he do for a living? I can't remember what they're child.
Speaker 2: I think he was real estate agent and some yeah, something like yim he had a decent job.
Speaker 1: But he goes through well, I mean, I don't want to call it mundane, but just an average joe, nice guy, cool guy, maybe popular guy, whatever, And you come out and walk back into that same envice.
Speaker 3: How to poult it to startom and.
Speaker 1: Every and not just everybody. Every woman watched that show. Yes, every woman in your age range watch that show. Yeah, is single and looking for a guy like the one who I mean, he's that's coming at him. Not saying he succumbed to any of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it would make a lot of sense if that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: And that does seem to be one of.
Speaker 2: The other stories that has developed between Iris and Pepe two, because very similar allegations are going on between those two.
Speaker 1: And Pepe did address them. He had a camera put in his face by some of our favorite buddies out there at TMZ will tell you what he said. Also, Iris spoken very classic on brand sweet Iris fashion. When you say and we'll give you the updated scoreboard, how are the couples from Love Island doing just a month after dating in the real world.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to this edition of Amy and TJ. Where alas it is the we're starting on the breakup season, right it's at the end of summer.
Speaker 1: This we're wrapping it up. Yes, some people rangers, they say, either you break up at the beginning of.
Speaker 2: The summer so you can have a hot girl summer or hot boys summer.
Speaker 1: And then sometimes people break up at the end of summer because they've been distracted by the fun and the sun and the vacations. And now you're coming back to reflection and the season is changing. You're getting a little more pensive and you go, wait a minute, I don't want to be with this idiot.
Speaker 2: Or I don't want to bring this person home to meet my parents for the holidays. I mean, we really do get into holiday mode in about a month.
Speaker 1: There is planning going on right now to make sure the right person is heading home for Thanksgar.
Speaker 2: So that summer fleeing might not necessarily be who you want to cuff up with with the cuffing up season coming. So you got the breakup season and the cuffing up season.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought, going to February, you.
Speaker 2: Cuff up for the holidays and Valentine's Day, right or so you want like you want your New Year's Eve kiss, you want your Valentine all of that. It's cold, you want to snuggle with someone.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, we are wrapping up breakup season.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, so the latest breakups to tell you about Iris and Pepe. This one was a heartbreaker. As I mentioned, Annalise was heartbroken over this. She loved this couple from the beginning. She thought they were gonna make it to the end, right off into the sunset. Alas, they didn't make it very far at all.
Speaker 1: It was a surprise they were in the final four couples. I think they came in fourth.
Speaker 2: Because I think because you want to know why, because there was no drama, So I think that people didn't feel strongly either way. They didn't dislike them, but they weren't necessarily like they've made it through so much. You weren't invested because you didn't see.
Speaker 3: Them go through anything.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember them even having a hiccup.
Speaker 2: But maybe I'm just they had the other girl there for a while, but once they got together, I feel like they were good.
Speaker 1: So I guess doesn't work for TV necessarily, but they just seemed chill.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: They just have no drama with these two. But she did put out a statement, at least directly to E News in particular, saying that quote, I had hoped to keep this private, but I'm so grateful for all of the love and support our received since leaving the villa, and I wanted to share an update. That connection I formed has ended, and while it isn't how I would have imagined, I will always value the unique experiences that we shared. It's been a difficult transition, but I'm moving forward with whole gratitude positivity for the future. Somebody goes snatch her up? She is she.
Speaker 2: Seems so sweet. That's just classy, and you know she it's kind of crazy. It's the twenty ninth today, so fourteen days ago they had this cute little Instagram post that they put up with the two of them cuddled up with each other talking about how much he loved her, he loved her every day of the week that ended with a y. I mean that was two weeks ago as we record this, so it is confusing what may have happened, and a lot of people are already starting to speculate. But I will be able to tell you here that iris did still come off and sweet. She, in response to all of this noise, put something on her Instagram stories with a photo of a sunset, so I got at the end of end of time. But then she had Fleetwood Max God, I love Fleetwood mac Silver Springs, and I don't know this song as well, but the lyrics were interesting. You know, you choose what part of the lyrics you want on your Instagram stories. Hers said, time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me. I know I could have loved you, but you would not let me. I'll follow you down till the sound of my voice will haunt you. You'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean she put her heart out there, like I love you and you rejected me. That's what that sounds like to me.
Speaker 1: She put her heart out there, sounds like she put a spell on him. What is that?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe she's warning him a little Jesus. Okay, yeah, isn't so sweet?
Speaker 1: A yeah? Somebody really?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what the phrases you never know someone until you divorce them. But perhaps breakup could even be used. It's not quite as intense, but the same rule could apply.
Speaker 1: Still, she did it in a classic way with Fleetwood Mac exactly. You can't be offended.
Speaker 2: Agreed, agreed one hundred percent. Now on Pepe's part, so there are rumors that he cheated on her. That's I don't even know what they are or what how specific they are. An else even said I heard, Yeah, this is what always ends up.
Speaker 1: Happenings get going.
Speaker 3: People just fill in the void.
Speaker 2: If no one speaks, someone speaks for you, and everyone always accuses or assume there's cheating involved, it seems like. And so that's the easy one to say. So you've got a villain, and you've got someone who you're rooting for. And so, yes, Pepe was approached by TMZ. They like to find you at LAX A lot of times.
Speaker 3: Is that where this one was?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I feel like that's always.
Speaker 2: Where we see TMZ at LAX, just waiting. But yes, they get there. They're friendly, they're very friendly when they stick a camera in your face with their kind.
Speaker 1: I wish we could give him credit. There was a guy we loved I can't remember his name, but we saw him enough times and he was always kind of a longer haired guy. He was always cool. Damn it. Well, just want to give him credit. As much as TMZ does their thing, they.
Speaker 3: Do it, they do it respectfully.
Speaker 1: You know. Our experience has been that so.
Speaker 2: It has love them And that's rare for us to say because it can't be said of much many other outlets. But TMZ, you have a way about your paparazzi. I don't know what to say, but anyway, they got Pepe to talk a little bit. This is like such a dude response. When they asked if they were still together Pepe and Irish, he said, we're not together anymore.
Speaker 3: And that's the way it goes.
Speaker 1: We're direct.
Speaker 2: What do he wants to say, No sugarcoating. Actually, it seemed like it really was just a a like a bump in the road. I mean, it was only two months of his life, true, but they were fairly intense.
Speaker 3: He also said, it's a tough thing.
Speaker 2: It's a tough thing when there's a lot of eyes on you twenty four to seven. It's stressful being in the limelight. Isn't always the best thing in the world. Amen, Pepe, and you've just begun to understand that it doesn't get any better. Also said, I don't care what people think when he was asked about whether or not he cheated. I don't care what people think. I care what my friends and family think. Right now, it's focusing on the present, focusing on the next steps, next opportunities, and the next things that I want to do for fun.
Speaker 3: Well, at least he was honest.
Speaker 1: This is a reality show and we're seeing the reality play out. And I think still you could be disappointed that people aren't together, But man, I think these shows have they do. There is something about them that I think is a public service, and you see what happens in relationship. We literally now ropes have watched several relationships from the inception, the literal first meeting until the breakup Instagram post. We have watched it in the past several months and it's.
Speaker 2: Fascinating because whether people are putting on airs or I don't know, mugging for the cameras, there are still legitimate human moments that you see each and every time where ego plays a role, where people get defensive. Rejection is hard and there's lots of that, even if it's quick and it's early. Imagine being rejected with cameras rolling. I mean, that's a tough thing to stomach. And so you see the best and the worst of people come out in these shows, and there are a lot of opportunities to learn how humans react and what the natural reaction is and how we can all do better and be better.
Speaker 3: But I do want to point.
Speaker 2: Out, in terms of being excited about these shows sometimes actually producing lasting relationships, it does happen. Cordell and Cordell and Serena from season six Love Island USA, we watched that whole season two.
Speaker 3: They are still together. I love that they have and.
Speaker 2: They're not living together yet, but they have basically said that that is the next step and that they do want to get engaged, and so we are rooting for them, and I like to believe that even though yes, most of these probably will crash and burn, given how they've started and given the pressure that well, the pressures that these kids are under and their kids, they're young kids and they're just being exposed to fame. It's like being it's not like a slow evolution. They are being catapulted to fame where they can't have imagined what it would be like to be public fodder, and now they are. So all of that pressure adds to perhaps the not so great ratio of success that these shows have had, But I still love to know that it can happen and love can win.
Speaker 3: After all.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, Well with that, I hope you survive break up season that we are currently all in, but we always appreciate you hanging with us. Remember as always, click that little button top right corner on the Apple podcast app on our show page you can get our updates. And we got so many coming these days. So much news is happening these days. We got so many genres of news that we seem to be covering these days. The only thing we got left wood is sports, and.
Speaker 3: Count me out on that one. Okay, well, college football, maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: Folks. Would always appreciate your lesson and talk to y's soon.
Speaker 2: H