Speaker 1: Hello, friends, and welcome in. It is leading Off byem Chris Welstatt is Casey Bubba. We're here on Fantasy Pros Brock Shoot. Buy prize picks from a code leading off get you a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. Go and do it today because Bubba and I are going to be building some prize picks here in just a little bit, as well as talking about all the latest around MLB, all the stuff, all the things. Answering your questions if you have them, put them in the chat. If you're watching live, do it right now, Bubba and I'll get to that. If you're not watching live, you can rectify that just by going over to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. You can hit the uh follow. But I always forget the YouTube one subscribe button. I think it's subscribeb subscribe to thumbs up, subscribe with thumbs up. There's so many things to do, there's so all the things.
Speaker 2: All the stuff and things, all the stuff and things.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's September, Bubba, it's like making it bigger to me because there's baseball and there's football, and you got kids coming back and you've got out here in Arizona. Whether there's just so much. It's easy to subscribe, though it's just not easy to remember to do it. You can also make sure that you guys are subscribed to the podcast. On the podcast side, we're gonna do all the stuff and things, like I said. Plus where in the world are Welsh and Corbyn Carroll? Yes we have it all. We've got it all to hear, Bubba, Bubba, your head is looking very beautifully bald today, your very piece of pa ESQ, my friend, do my best.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't be a stealth and stunningly you know, the eyes don't pop like Joey Peas do. But I'll do everything I can to bring a little bit of bald presence to the show.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. I think we need to like I probably need to get some wafting hair back here and another tar.
Speaker 3: It's been people have asked many times we need Tiara for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: You know, I just haven't thought, what's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be like you and Corbyn Carroll go to Cinerella ball.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's a that's a giveaway, guy, man, I could if I could get to Corbyn Carroll get him to autograph a tier or something like that.
Speaker 3: So he might get a restraint order if you go away, Like, Okay, that's enough, man.
Speaker 1: I think I just need to set a goal, you know, Like, like I said the other day, very disappointed in some of the not the bait when people are out on baseball, the like going away from the YouTube channel, going under our number, which got the mustache. So I don't think I can set any goal like that. Maybe it's the home run contest, like, you know, maybe if I can finish as the top person or yeah, or forty five or something like that. I'll think about it. We'll talk about it on Friday. We'll get the Tiara back in some capacity. By the way, I text Joe something yesterday and I was up stupidly late last night and I was almost asleep, and we're we're obviously different time zones. He texts me at two in the morning my time, which was five his time. I was like, what are you doing up.
Speaker 3: At My alarm goes off at time. You guys are crazy, you guys just the way. Well, I was laughing because I listened to because I'm a man of the company here. So I was listening to the Fantasy pros Waiver Wires show that Joey runs with Deebro and Company. And they recorded that thing at seven ish, I think East Coast time, like it was early as can be. And if you guys want one of the best viral clips that should be made of all times, listen to that show.
Speaker 2: It's almost say I'm not gonna say what it was. Just involves Pooka and other things. So check that out.
Speaker 1: Okay, be careful, might want to be careful here. All right, we're gonna get into the stuff and things that is your fantasy playoff run. I believe this is countdown to fifth of the last five shows we have got here at least for the season.
Speaker 2: Who's counting that?
Speaker 1: Who's counting exactly? Who is actually counting here?
Speaker 2: Not me?
Speaker 1: Matt Olsen. It is fifty first home run on Tuesday as the Braves beat the Phillies in extra innings, and Matt Olsen has been an absolute cheat code. There's nothing really necessarily to take away from it outside of just talking about that home you know, home run leader board is something we always like to look at towards the end of the year. Something to talk about though. Max sus you're going to undergo an MRI after leaving Tuesday's game due to right triceps spasm, and he was not right the previous game, but I believe this one he was going good and then he just It has been a disaster for Max and a disaster for the Rangers in general. Kind of a team. I am looking to pick on it. I made my money. You know, it's funny. So we have the lead betting pros I got betting pros had on today leading off group, which we have a couple hundred people in there that you guys all joined, So that was awesome. Tapered off towards the back end of the year. But you can go and look at stats of people and you can you can go and follow me if you want, on the lead on the betting pros Leading off group or just betting pros in general, and it shows your stats, like, you know, what were you? What's your best sport? Minds MLB over I think I was fifty four to fifty five percent props. That's my best and it says your best team. My best team is the Texas Rangers to bet on this year. It's the number one team. I was making my money early on. I am picking on them now because all they do is lose games. So that is that's kind of my thing right now. As far as Max suers are, any thoughts on this MAC, this potential backs injury the Rangers in general, any takeaways, you know, the tough decision might come for people that they might need that roster spot. And I think you can, you know, you can freely dump if you need to, especially if this carries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, to see how it goes, because weird happen that doing warm up pitches in the fourth inning, never even got to start the fourth inning. They said it would be MRI on Wednesday. Has not happened yet at the time of this recording, of course, so that'll depend if you're dropping or not, depends on what happens. They're like, sures are you're gonna have to basically cut his arm off to not let him pitch.
Speaker 1: We already know that, but that might be what happened.
Speaker 3: That might be what happens. Yes, so just kind of see what this MRI looks like on Wednesday, and that could be the fust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and JP said, let's go Texas you know what, that was one of my big preseasons.
Speaker 2: I wanted Texas. I was rooting for Movie Me Too, big.
Speaker 1: Preseason prediction, and it looked great. And then it is just tank. This entire team has just absolutely tanked. Also a little bit of a tank job. And there's a bigger thing to this. But Justin Verlander five runs over seven innings against the A's. The A's beat up him and Framber Valdez, which, by the way, we got a question which we'll answer here a little bit about Hunter Brown, which has no scientific nature to it. But if you're gonna tell me that the A's are going to take three straight from the Astros, then just take my money now. But like the INCNS, this is the thing I want to do in the off season. I want to go and do a two month timestamp of like not even into late September. I want to go September fifteenth to like August one or July fifteenth, and I want to go and find not just bad numbers, but inconsistent starts, like you might get a guy that ends up having like a Justin verlanda like a I don't even I didn't look what his post All Star break era is but a guy that has like a four to one era and you're like, Okay, it's a little abnormal. But what I'm looking at is I want to see how many of these guys are going six, giving up one, striking out eight, then giving up five, then giving up four, then coming back and being good again.
Speaker 2: Babba.
Speaker 1: I want to see the inconsistent because I feel like there are more inconsistent starters right now than usual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's insanely inconsistent. As a season's gone, has gotten even worse. It's weird to see. And these are and we're talking guys that were traded for big thing let alone, Like you know, al Kantar has been inconsistent all year. There's been a lot of guys you wanted to trust. Could it be the pitch clock? They're still like not comfortable in that world. I don't know, but it is very very interesting to see how that all plays. I'm one hundred percent with you on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I want to I don't know what it is. I want to have a term for it, but it's a very specific term. Like Richard said, Sure's or Verland or Darvis Kershaw, those eras are over it's a lot of those guys, but I want to find some identifier and I don't know if I don't know if rookies can really qualify for this of what I'm trying to get at, it's guys that we have trusted for the most part that are showing not just bad ritual. Like if a guy is going to be you know, he was what the two and a half the ra in the first half of the year, and then he's just going to be a four and a half the RA guy the rest of the year, you know what. We can kind of understand that. But it's these guys that will have two bad starts then we're like, all right, we can move on, and then bam they go bonkers. I want to have a name for it, and I want to find like a good like stat like what do you think the stat lock in should be for that inconsistency? Should it be like over he should be four runs or five runs? Like going under five? I mean, obviously it's non quality start stuff, but it's like you know, two plus walks, four plus earned runs, or maybe it's differentials of starts. You know, it's like the swings, like four run, four run earned run swings between starts and like, you know, two innings pitched differentially. I'm one live workshopping it.
Speaker 2: I know. I know what you're saying, like did they go deep in the game. They're not going deep.
Speaker 3: They give up a ton of runs and they like there's because there's different ways to specify a good bad situation, Like look at Strider. I did some work on Strider last night. Yes, three of his last six starts have been really good. The other three he's allowed like five and runs are more. He's allowed six twice. So three starts are very good. Three starts were horrific. It's so that's like where do you choose a sample kind of what you're going with there? And I think it's I don't know there's any rhyme or reason to it. That's a great spot for like the really really smart people in the world that can make like formulas and stuff. But I see where your head's at for sure, Like, yeah, what do you what do you determine is that point?
Speaker 1: Well, I got the perfect guy and I was inspired by Mike here. It's like the in it's like the crunch time inconsistency, or it's the clutch starting pitcher. You know where does the the it's the anti clutch here because check this out. This is the perfect example of exactly what I'm trying to cipher here, which is becoming more of a cipher and amaze for you guys to figure out. But August first on Corbyn Burns goes six, gives up two walks, four strikes out five. That's the fifth against Pittsburgh. That's okay. Next start against against the White Sox, goes five and two thirds, gives up five earned runs, five strikeouts. Those are two not good teams. He then goes in to the Dodgers on the seventeenth of August, goes seven, gives up two hits, strikes out nine. Next start Minnesota, who strikes out like crazy. He goes six, gives up six, strikes out only five. Next start Chicago the Cubs, go seven, strikes out seven, gives up one ed run. Then the last two Pittsburgh he gives up four earned runs in six and then against the Yankees on the tenth he went eight with no earned runs, no hits, in seven strikeouts. He is the epitome of this like inconsistent playoff run pitcher, and it would almost just be interesting to try to probably need two years of data to see who are guys that are inconsistent in the most clutch time. But like you also said, there's probably not necessarily a year to year correlation. It's just I wish we could identify these guys and give people better advice.
Speaker 3: Burns is a great one, because that's one guy that, like Bloomfield and I talked about the Brewers top three a couple of weeks ago, and I've had Burns my third and then everybody I was getting so much flak for it, and I'm like, yeah, is he good? Yeah, But the consistency party you just hit on, like Freddy Peltz has been a beast outside of one to start, Woodrif just threw a shutout like and he's been getting better at better since coming back from the IL, and Burns is that guy.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're getting.
Speaker 3: You have no clue what you're getting from time, Like it's a short start, it's like a runs Like you said, everything you mentioned there, it's all over the board. But were you ever going to tell someone those sick Corbyn Burns? Probably not, But like like you're saying, is there a formula to help someone save a team, because like, I know, you got your chats with with IL, I got stuff with with what I got going on with Gain and the Edge, and I got people like, oh my ratios just got destroyed and playoff week and I'm like, dude, you are never not starting. This guy like to cry about it, like I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Well, And that's why what I'm what I'm hoping to contemplate here is like something that maybe maybe is the differentiating factor in like draft season. Again, it might not be, it might be nothing like it's just it might be the most non sticky thing on the planet where it's just like it's just something to kind of monitor, you know, blah blah blah. And but if you could find some type of correlation, especially year over year, maybe that's going to be you know why you don't draft you know, I mean, Clinton Kershaw is kind of becoming this a little bit. It just it'd be a fun thing to explore. Doesn't help anybody right now. But Corbin Burns is like the prime example, So think you might of exactly the type of player I'm talking about in this and it is super frustrating, like you said, because what can you do? One of the craziest stories all season. He just continues to go. And I just laugh at myself about how I just remember being asked about him and just I was just like, ah, nothing, and it was just stupid to me. But David Snyder just continues to roll.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He had a solo homer, we went two for four here on Tuesday night. But you look at the numbers in general, he has a twenty one percent barrel percentage on the season. He's got a two point fifty three expected batting average compared to his three seventies. Obviously there's a huge swing, but it's still pretty good. You're looking at a forty percent hard hit rate. Cas are a little bit high. Hard hit numbers look pretty good in general. Expected slug is up there. If he qualified, you guys, I mean you can see the kind of muted out colors of his Baseball Savant page. But he doesn't qualify. It would be a phenomenal qualification. I mean, it looks like expected slug expected wOBA is in like the top five percentile. And he has just been a beast all season long. And David Snyder is going to probably be still a late round draft guy next year, but I think it's gonna be worth while as long as it doesn't get too crazy. But the Homers have been there, He's been a crazy good story, and he is hitting the ball consistently.
Speaker 2: Bubba yep, I love him. I have him in a lot of places.
Speaker 3: I was kind of bummed because I dropped him while back because he wasn't playing at all. And then Chapman gets hurt. Snyder's back in there playing every day, but Chet came back, shifting him primarily to third base.
Speaker 2: Just be prepared, though.
Speaker 3: Chapman is starting to do baseball activities and might come back sometime late this week or early next week. Then it gets interesting for Schnyder. But yeah, while he's out there, he's awesome. And I'm really curious to see where he fits with the Jays next year because that'll obviously affect where we draft him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And then finally in keeping with the Blue Jays. This is like a wild story. But I don't know if you guys saw this, but our beloved Alec Manoa, who we talked so much about, Apparently Alec Manoa has not reported to triple A since being sent down, I believe a month ago.
Speaker 2: Was it was like mid August, Yes, about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was right around mid August that he was sent down.
Speaker 2: I think we all assume he just went because nothing was said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we just didn't think we No one was thinking about him. And the report is that it's over a disagreement just in general about it now. My immediate response when I looked at this is I wanted to be I wanted to be a little sensitive to like I was trying to think of, like, Okay, if I were Alec Manoa, everybody in the world's on my case. Everybody thinks I kind of stink and stuff like that, and that would be upsetting, and maybe there's like a mental health side to it. But there's then also the idea that, like, you make a lot of money, you're a professional athlete, and this isn't like, hey, I need like a mental break because this is tough or your kind of upset whatever it is. This is like you didn't report to your job because you're being a cry baby about not liking the results or what's going on. Like I don't even be the mean to caut more. But you stink like you stink. You got to get it fixed. And if they send you down there to not report, I think it's wild that dude. That dude's on a whole nother spectrum right now and we should all be out on alec Mino. And I would expect he's out with this team. I mean, you can't just not report. This is probably going to get messy in the offseason, or I don't know, maybe they'll just be like, maybe we'll learn that they really did just give him some time off. But the report came out that they didn't and he didn't report, and he is mia.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of mining offenses that's gonna have to take place to make this work. He was crying playing time manipulation, and I said, they weren't going to manipulate Jack. If you learned how to pitch properly, you were their ace coming in the season. There was no manipulation in place. You struggled, they tried to send you to get help in like the low rookie ball in Florida that didn't work out. They tried to put you on a diet that door and I can make that joke. People I can go there. Yeah, so they've tried all these things. They've brought you back. You had one good start against a bad team, then you got shelled again. This is a business in the end, you're paid to perform. You were not performing. Very simple stuff. You need to go back, you need to get it fixed, or you need to find something else to do. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's working for sharmans. You can get your tears cleared up, something like that. Maybe I'm sorry I should be sensitive, but I'm not. When I see a professional athlete basically pull stuff like.
Speaker 1: This, like if he were like I need a break, if he would have said, like I needed a break everything, like.
Speaker 2: Trevor May had a mental health break. Cool, go for it, do your thing. This ain't it.
Speaker 1: Austin Meadows has been gone for like two months because of it. I would have understanded that. And I know there are a lot of people would have been like, oh, the soft player. I'd have understand it, Like, no one's got more hate and fan fabi's I have been pretty rough on Manoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was my list this year.
Speaker 1: He was a bust. He was in my bust stuff all season. Long and he has been atrocious, so but I wanted to be a little sensitive to that because people are rough, But like, that is not what this scenario is. And that team let this leak and it's a it's.
Speaker 2: A it's a rough.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on there and it's not gonna get good for a long time.
Speaker 1: It's a real look rookie, lookie. Ronnie Mauricio hit his first major league homer. It was a two run shot as the Mets beat the Diamondbacks, which was stupid. It went four forty one twelve off the bat. And I was incorrect by the way about Lawler versus Mauricio. At the back half of the year, Mauricio is doing this stuff. Lawler has stunk, so you know, there's nothing to be said here outside if you're looking.
Speaker 2: For a little boost.
Speaker 1: And Mauricio is out there getting consistent playing time and he's hitting the ball and he's gonna he's gonna be really fun next year.
Speaker 2: Bubba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I'm a big fan. I was all all over him when him and Dominguez came up. I have a lot of shares of Ronnie Mauricio right now. So it's been very nice. One homer, four stolen base, is hitting over three hundred and his first ten career games.
Speaker 1: Not bad, not too shabby as well, the Dodgers called called up Kyle Hurt, who struck out three in two innings and he got the big brunt of the order. I just wanted to point out as well, twenty five year old pitcher in the stable of Dodgers guys that they just continuously throw out innings this year. He pitched around sixty five in Double A where he had a fifteen K per nine, and then he went to Triple A where he had a thirteen K per nine and around twenty three. So he's right around the ninety mark, probably going to be in this pseudo relief role for the Dodgers. He's a ra total ratios guy. Actually was putting him in this prospect update that I'm just finishing up over on on in this league dot com that I think he's the leader in K percentage and all of my leader is ratio. Yeah, yeah, K per nine K percentage and maybe even K minus walk percentage, so.
Speaker 2: And like eighty eight innings give or take something like that. But he's crazy, Yeah, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: So he is worth a look, if you're trying to play some ratio his friend does.
Speaker 3: All right, the quick question, real quick, I want to ask you. Yeah, so we're talking ratios and strikeouts. Would you rather have Hurt or Mason Miller the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mason Miller. I mean, I shouldn't be so dismissively.
Speaker 2: In the pitch in the back of the of LA.
Speaker 1: There he is dodger. I completely agree with that. I'd still go with Mason Miller because I think I can get it. I can get more out of Mason Miller. And but he is an A. I'm gonna stick with Mason Miller. But that's a really good question. Are you different?
Speaker 3: I think I am, Because Mason Miller it's gonna be one or two, three, two to three innings appearances a week where Hurt could get your three innings, maybe six to eight keys the way he pitches and sneak in a win. I'll take my chances.
Speaker 1: Listener questions Hunter Brown versus Oakland. That is what Peter said. So this is coming back to there's no good science behind it. There's no way that A's take three from the astros right.
Speaker 3: Well, this is going to steal my DFS Thunder, which we're going to talk about later. I'm not saying the A's are going to win. I'd be very nervous about Hunter Brown. He's gotten Sheldon three of his last four and the A's This is where it's fun, striking out twenty five percent versus rieties over the last month, hitting two forty four.
Speaker 2: Not bad. They have a two hundred.
Speaker 3: ISO first righties Noda Brown even Soda from slightly gel off.
Speaker 2: They have a sneak even like tied. I screwed up his name again.
Speaker 1: Lewis with Lawrence Butler.
Speaker 2: Lawrence Butler again, Sorry, Lawrence, one of these days will catch.
Speaker 1: You should just never call him by the right name.
Speaker 2: Butler.
Speaker 1: Louis Butler is doing great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they have this young core that's just gonna annoy these pitchers.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: And in the three bad starts that Brown's had out of his last four, at least one home run, He's walking a lot of guys. I got the A's as a stinky stack today, So I wouldn't. I'm not confident in Brown's. Hayes put that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't feel I said this like three weeks ago. That I'm not sure Brown's innings, what was Angela's common.
Speaker 2: He's the Braves are elier this year.
Speaker 1: I can't do it, guys, I can't do it, but I will tell you this. I had said, like, with how Brown is, you know, on that peak of innings and how he'd been performing, I think you can move off of him. He's not a must start. This feels like a must start, Peter. I wouldn't blame you for doing it. I think I could do it, but I think there is way more risk than it feels like. But I guess my brain also goes to the betting side. It's just like, give me some part moneyline parlay and put the.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying the Aids are going to win. I just think that the A's are going to have fun with Hunter Brown.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I don't Bubba, you zip it all right? Mason says a two week championship. Next week had to head points league, drop Evaldi for Reagan's or Pepio or do I keep him?
Speaker 3: You want Pepio's two step. We talked about it last time. He gets I'll double check. I'm pretty sure it's the Padres and the Giants.
Speaker 1: He's got today.
Speaker 2: He's pitching today for sure. I know it's two great starts.
Speaker 1: But this is next week, so he's going for next week week start Regan, why is out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what league is in an eighteen league, I'm not even trying to be rude of me and sarcastic, but to have cool Reagan's.
Speaker 1: Availables, Yeah, we need to see what the Royals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pull I'm pulling it all up real quick here. So next week, if you're looking at pepioh you get Detroit and the Giants. Oh my god, I've been promoting this one for a long time. Next week for Reagans, it's at Houston, is all you get?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta go pick up Peppio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta do it.
Speaker 3: That's nice. And I said last week, pick up Pepio. He gets Padres this week. You want him for next week? You're playing for next.
Speaker 1: Week and you've always been good.
Speaker 2: But the that's horrible velocity again in his return for me, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Would rather have Pepio than everybody right now, especially for the in a points league. Two volume on the starters is one hundred percent where I would go. So that's a that's a really good one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Who is the best relief pitcher of the next ten days? Trevor May, Clay Holmes or Brian shaw Dare we say Trevor May.
Speaker 2: I was going to go there because he's been outstanding.
Speaker 3: If you like, ten days here after this Houston game, it's Padre Seattle on Detroit. They play all seven games next week. I am like I said, the a's have been passed like they're just annoying people right now.
Speaker 2: So I would go with Trevor May.
Speaker 1: I think I would go with Trevor May as well. Here better rest this season. A bray you or Nate Lowe.
Speaker 3: That's tough a brain. He's heating up again. He's done this earlier this year and the Rangers are struggling.
Speaker 1: Go with bra I'm gonna go bray you as well. What was this, oh, Richard? I think this was the double down of I put this here. Was not on Corbyn Burns. I think this was a double down. And Angelo had said, I'm starting Pepio in all five of my teams.
Speaker 2: Everywhere I got him. I'm doing it to Angelo. It's have some fun.
Speaker 1: Rider, die baby, that's a rider on the Welsh and Corbyn Carroll we're going to be doing here in just a little bit. I'd also promote you guys should check out my buddy Ino Sarahs just did an article on Corbyn Carroll, a pretty interesting article with quotes from teammates and stuff like that. I actually talked to him about a little bit of it. I'm like a little ghost info guy on it. Go and check that out over on the Athletic. But I'm actually not going to give you a hint for the Corbyn Carrol Welsh thing today. So the hint is this, if you haven't got my vibe lately, I changed from goofy destinations to following relevant things. For the last two or three weeks, I've kind of followed relevant things going on in the world or stories. So that's how I'm going to leave it. Just think of what's going on in the world. Throw your guesses in under here. I'm not going to give you any specific hint. You just have a hint to what is happening in the world. I've I did literally a Thursday night football one that type of stuff, so you know, put them in the chat. Just think of, you know, the last ten days or what what would catch my eye on what we would be doing, and Bubble looks like he has a guess that we can get to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a few, and that they're popping up with the chat. I'm trying to narrow down which one I want to go with.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get there here shortly. Injuries, you Darvish shut down for the rest of the season. We saw that coming, We felt that coming, so bye bye. We can say goodbye to that. Kenley Jansen also left Tuesday's game with fatigue after missing six games with a leg injury. So the relief side of that, that's brtal timing for Kentley Jansen. My friends very about to put it.
Speaker 2: On there real quick.
Speaker 3: Edward Alzela went to the IL because I saw someone with the Merriweather comment and the chat. Maryweather got to save Sunday, former got to save Monday. So buckle up, buckle up.
Speaker 1: Uh three up and three down. Richie Pealasios went two for three with a double dong. Richie Pelasios, look at him. Freddy perulta six and one third nine strikeouts, gave only two hits over one earned run with one run, with two hits and to your point what we were talking about before. Freddy Pralta used to be mister inconsistent, and he has been consistent for the back.
Speaker 2: Of eight years. The Brewers Baby can't wait to see where he goes in draft next year.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna be like very in unfrin, I was very out. I'm gonna be very in on Freddy Perlta, especially if I'm going to get like the do you remember where he went in some of your draft stuff, because if he's outside the top twenty, God, I think I'm gonna have a lot of shares of Freddi Pearlton next year.
Speaker 3: If you give me two seconds, I have me low this picture off my desktop from the.
Speaker 2: Early draft on a picture you got there.
Speaker 3: Oh, never mind, I think I don't have it. I'll fine later continue doing it, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just I think if he's like an outside the top twenty sp I think I'm gonna probably have a lot of shares. Also in the most Bubba and Welsh dismiss and don't even think one second about it, Chris Bryant comes back two for four with a homer and three RB high just to shove it in all of our face that We're like, oh, Chris Briyan's the worst. There you go on the three down. The number one player for the last month that I target against every single time I can't is Tuki des Saint. I play the team total run, I play the first five, or I play whatever I can against Tuki. And he lived up because he gave up one earned run or one inning, he gave up eight earned runs, got absolutely blasted. He did al waka kind of same thing. Four innings, seven earned runs, also walk three. And I put this in here because one part was good. Ever since, Perira, who has been up with the Yankees, has been bad. He had a good singular statistical outing of having two stolen bases yesterday, except he also went one for six with four strikeouts. So it has been a lot rougher with him than it was with Jason Diminga's Jason Dominga's God, God rest your ucl or that's right. Price Picks Friends, Prize Picks promo code leading Off. Use the promo code today, get a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks, make some money. You still got time, and you also don't even have to just do it with baseball. You can lock in with multiple sports. You can do the football side whatever you want, but when you do, you can do it with us promo code leading off, Bubba, how you prize picking Today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to Coors because that game is not for another couple hours after this recording. Give me Dancy Swanson over one and a half total bases against Ty Block and the Rockies bullpen a Locke. That's pretty wild Estevon Florial another Yankee getting the job done. He let off on Tuesday, like what I'm seeing out of him against Tanner halg over a half a total base. He's shown some great skills in the minors this year, and then a little Mattinee action by the Bay Two lefties Logan Allen Kyle Harrison. It's all about how long can they go in the game. But over ten strikeouts, even when Harrison struggles, he still gets your five. Plus Allen's been looking good of late. Giants strikeout over twenty seven percent vers lefties. Give me Alan Harrison over ten k's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Floriel is just the most hilarious story if this ends up working out, because I used to love Floriel, but that was back in like twenty seventeen when he was in like there's a fall league and it has just been a disaster. But this year he outside of the strikeout stuff, he has definitely put up a good statistical season and if you're sitting high in the lineup, it's actually a pretty good debt there. And I do worry a little bit on any strike out against Cleveland. I alway worry about THO numbers because I feel.
Speaker 2: Like it is rough.
Speaker 3: They don't strike out as much, but they've increased over the last month. I think with after trades and moving around pieces that yeah, somehow with Josh Bell leaving and they strike out more.
Speaker 2: Just throwing that out.
Speaker 1: There, I guess how I look at it is like the Cleveland pitcher in my mind has to pick up the slack, and I suppose this is a matchup where Logan Allen can pick up some of that slack.
Speaker 2: That's kind of it.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of the hope here for mine. I'm going with Edward of Rodriguez. His fantasy score thirty and a half. I believe they got the reds and he's at home. He puts up those He's still got like a sub three era. He just loves being in Detroit still, Zach Gallon, even though he went nine, I'm gonna continue this run. Diamondbacks are not going to lay off with him, this guy that just goes deep into games. Also we I'll talk you about the bets side here in a second, but thirty four and a half fantasy score and Jo Hudio fantasy score, I'm going to go with nine, going over to the best bets, Bubba, where are you putting that money today?
Speaker 3: I like the White Sox today against a little bullpen game for the Royals. Andrew vnover one and a half total bases at plus one forty seems like some beautiful plus money here. Ryanoda Oakland Athletics over one and a half hits, runs and RBI is at plus one twenty five.
Speaker 2: I'll take that all.
Speaker 3: Day long against Hunter Brown and then Josh Donaldson over one and a half hits, runs and RBI is at plus one fifteen. Does not feel great, but he's played two games for the Bruden Now he homered on Tuesday. I know he's actually been productive in the two games. Coming back gets the lefty and Braxton Garrett, who has been pitching to a lot of contact of late. I don't love it, but to get plus money and a guy that's actually swinging it, well, we've seen Donaldson in his career when he's hot, he's hot.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let this one go for that kind.
Speaker 1: Of I actually don't hate that one. I don't hate that one.
Speaker 2: Plus money is not bad.
Speaker 1: I saw Donaldson starting to hit like it might be a little contagious thing. He definitely is like a street guy. My Betsford today, I told you I'm kind of going up against Texas Toronto first five money line. I haven't checked the updated number. It was one twenty five. Shop around for it, but through the first five, I'm going with Toronto's money line. One side of the tech the Texas that I am attacking, and I will admit I don't know if this has changed. I took this in last night. If it did bump up, I'm touching it. But maybe you can play all lines. Last night, Jordan Montgomery's strikeout number was three and a half, and I mean he has gone over the I think five of his last six or six of his last seven. This is not a bad matchup for strikeouts either. I just need four. I'm hoping he doesn't get blasted but three and a half. And I'm adding that with Zach Gallon strikeouts at five and a half over and I got plus one eighty. So I set this last night. The Gallon one was pretty juiced up. I think that was the main problem. But both of these are intriguing if you can find a way to get back to it. If they've changed, do that. And Edwardo Rodriguez outs at seventeen and a half, Edwardo goes six, and this is just saying he needs to go six. I really like this bet, and I don't believe it was juiced too bad, too too bad. So those are some of the bets that I am looking at today. DFS. All Right, you said we already kind of stole some of the DFS thunder, But what else do we have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the pitches on ideal.
Speaker 3: It's a seven games slate starting a seven or five Eastern Blake snowgum begains the Dodgers touch. Tough matchup, but that means he'll come in low owned. He's ten point one k and he is the cy young winner of the NL. The way Strider's been going, we'll see I think it's gonna be interesting. Ryan Pepio, we talked about him plenty eight point nine vers San Diego. If you need some value, Clarke Schmid is seven point one versusossible. He's just a quality start machine. So he might not like just stack all the stats up for you, but he will usually does not crush you. Speaking of stacks, give me the White Sox vers Kansas City, Houston versus Blackburn, and oh the Oakland Athletics versus Hunter Brown And then value wise, Ryan Note is only two point nine k. It's another reason why I like Oakland. Cheap, cheap, cheap. My note is two point nine, Seth Browns two point nine. There's many more that are less than three k. And then Estevan Floria, like I mentioned in the props, he's only two thousand dollars. He's the minimum versus Tanner. How can he's leading off? I have him locked in the lineups. If he's leading off for tannan off for two k.
Speaker 1: You better have an Oakland A is your home run call of the day, just.
Speaker 3: Pointing out, I'll change it right now, you don't.
Speaker 2: I almost did it. I almost did it.
Speaker 3: If I'm like, I can't go full. A's because I might be drinking by like five o'clock to night. Cany start fortunes.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what they say, never go full as So.
Speaker 3: I found a million lines in my head getting ready for the show on this stuff because I was gonna have to put my my hammer down on this one.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh, you're gonna get your brad Evans and hammer hammer. You can do that.
Speaker 3: I'll think of something else here. We're gonna I'll throw us something against I don't know, figure out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, throw something again. Oh you know that would be great. It's like right behind you, if you had just had something you could throw against the wall, this would be the wall slam bet of the day. I love that.
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 1: All right? Where did Corbon and I go? I told you just think of the hint, and probably the hint moving forward is gonna be like what's going on in the world. You guys take your guesses here. You got some good ones in here, and we may have a winner or two. But man, I'll tell you, every time I look at that picture, it's like I just wish I could take any better. I am just the least photogenic person on the planet. It drives me bonkers. I'm just like, hey, like, that's the sound of that picture? Is Eh, it's just the worst. It kills me, all right. So I said, what's going what's going on? That's what's going on in the world. You can take I could guess here. There are some phenomenal guesses. I'm gonna just well, but I want to get yours. I want to get your guests before I start throwing out because if I start throwing out ones, it's gonna tip you off here. So what is your number one guess of what's going on with me and Corbyn?
Speaker 2: Carrol? There's a lot of great ways to go with this. Didn't know where you would go.
Speaker 3: So my guest though, is because you want to stay current, I'm gonna go you're getting like an MRI or something.
Speaker 2: You're you're with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh there, okay, you know what. Aaron Rodgers was a big one right here? Hospital with Aaron Rodgers. I mean, dude, m RI, I Aaron Rodgers. There's another one, and I think there's like two or three more.
Speaker 3: I hope, I'm I hope it's the other ones I wanted, but I want to hear I was my guest, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Michael said v M as I thought was interesting, Uh, the Apple conference. Is there a hurricane going on? I'm on the east coast, I'm on the west coast.
Speaker 2: On the on the northeast. It's heading up the coast.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, there's a couple of those.
Speaker 3: Please tell me. I'm gonna cut you off. Can just tell me you're in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Please. That was my initial guess what a Pennsylvania one?
Speaker 3: O the inmate that escaped by like crowd, because that would have been an il thing right there.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, there we go.
Speaker 1: I missed an opportunity for us to be with the guy. Huge missed opportunity. I don't know if this is gonna I don't know if this is gonna live up to it now that I'm thinking about it. Python hunting in Florida. These are great ones that you all suggested. They're all incorrect.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, I will tell you though, there a couple of them towed the line of correct, but you added something that didn't work. One person made it very simplistic, and I'm going to give them the credit for it, because if you heard the news yesterday, our dear friend yond Diaz got a testicle. I took it off the sheet because Corby Carroll and I we went to the hospital to visit him. Oh, look at that. They're checking out his balls because they got confused. And guess what, he's actually back in the lineup. I thought this was going to go the route. I thought it was going to go there out of Chris Snyder, who had to have surgery from a I guess his was a testicular like fracture. But I saw testicular contusion and Corbon and I we rushed to the hospital. Look, they're doing some work on him right there. So we are in the hospital checking to make sure that Yandy's testicular contusion is okay. That's all that we were trying to do. And hej local said hospital. Now I do want to point out, you know, somebody said hospital, but with Aaron Rodgers. No, we were there with Yandi Diaz making sure that the Kahonas were all good.
Speaker 3: Should have known wells prefers the groin region over the achilles.
Speaker 2: It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm I was more worried about Yeah, I'd be worried to nuts than I was Aaron's achilles it's also looked up. I was trying to find different words, and I was like, oh, what's the deesticles in Spanish? And it was like testiculo. And I was like, all right, I'm just we're gonna give you guys.
Speaker 2: The slang as we say wavos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like there was literally no word I can't give. I was gonna say cup. But then you guys, like every one of it. You would have either said Cooper or you would have said Yandi. So uh, there you go testicular contusion. But Yandi is tough. He is there made of steel because he's right back out there, friends, so you know, godspeed for him. Home run, yep, home run. Look at that. I'm back. Oh I gotta get DJ off the board. DJ, you're blocking, You're blocking the goods here man, there we go right there. I'm in tenth with forty three because I had a Fernando tatist one Wonky right above me at forty four. But the leader is Blue Harvester. But check this out. Closest this race has been I think in over a month, because JJ Tator is three behind Harvester and Razor Ramon is one behind Tater, so it is a four homer separation between one and three. It has never been that close, at least in you know, like the beginning of the year. So that's the closest it's been in quite a while. One of them is going to win this custom autograph Corbyn Carrol full size helmet that is just hanging out with me. So, Bubba, where you going with your home run call today?
Speaker 3: I should have went to Houston with the Oakland Athletics, but I'm a failure to the show. So I'm gonna go with Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Where's your Oakland or was your A?
Speaker 3: I know I should have Okay, I'll change it. Give me Seth Brown off a Hunter Brown, Brown on Brown crime in Houston. Like Seth Brown, there you go of it because I have Julio. If you didn't even look, I got Julio for today joke earlier. Okay, So Seth Brown, you said, yeah, Seth Brown, I almost want to be like, I'll give you the entire A's team, but they're going to hit a home.
Speaker 2: They're gonna hit three.
Speaker 1: Then you know what, I'm gonna give you three three Oakland A's.
Speaker 3: You can pick fun Seth Brown, Ryan Noda and let's just go go off for fun because I can have them on brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, who is it? Cards? Cards was like the keeper. If I ever tried to do anything last year, he would yell at me, you can't do this to the But he's not here. I haven't seen you in the show for months or in the live chat, so I'm making up a new rule all the way. By by the way, also, like Bubba can't get to the leaderboard, so I'm giving you some extra shots and we will get back to it. There you go, friends, Thank you guys for hanging out with all the stuff. Hopefully the playoffs are going well and everything else. We will be back again on Friday. We'll have a fun Friday doing all the same things, answering your questions, so bring those. I will have my Fun Friday shirt on. Bubba will shine that beautiful bald head and we'll figure out something we can throw against the wall when he really has something locked in. You guys know where to find us on Twitter, at is it the Welschaft, Bogman Sports, go check out price picks and Tree or subscribed everywhere.
Speaker 2: Wow what at bog Sports?
Speaker 1: I did the sports I did the Shannon Sharp thing. Do you see Shannon Sharp the other day? Skip anyway beat and trick. It's Baba, it's Ben.
Speaker 2: It's media trick. Is it?
Speaker 1: We're gonna get out of here. Thanks for hanging out with those guys. Wanna talk to you on Friday. Oh boy boy blagman
Speaker 2: H