Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio Podcast. I have things to say, but I first want to check in with you guys, because Catherine, you went through something really scary again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the heck? I know, I'm crazy. Really just a long story short. I mean a lot of people heard about this, but we're in I don't care about it. It was I didn't see it on the news everywhere, okay, But anyway, Dallas Huge cheer competition. It's like thirty to fifty thousand people. We competed. The night before, we were getting ready to compete. Second day, we got a text from a group that says, if you're not here, don't come because there's an active shooter. We're I know, We're across the street at the hotel and I'm like, let me check. You know, the girls are almost ready about to go downstairs. I'm like, they're not really, and then you just see like a sea of people running. So I went downstairs. People were coming into our thing. Long story short, same they're saying, kind of same situation. It was a fight, you know, but people were these thirty to fifty thousand people were fleeing like there was an active shooter. People were saying active shooter, and people are very much claiming that they heard gunshots. The police are saying that there were not. I'm trying not to. We had a lot of good friends there. We had a lot of good friends with their kids. A lot of good friends separated from their kids, and that was a really scary part of it. But what's been really interesting is the people that were there that thought that they heard gunshots. You could not convince them right now that there was no active shooter.
Speaker 3: Oh that's creepy.
Speaker 2: I know, it's crazy because they're just so I don't want to say convinced, you know, but they are so convinced they heard gunshots and rounds of it. You know. Some they hid in closets, they barricaded things, You had coaches, you had people just grabbing kids because so many kids are without parents, had a cheercomp like they just get well, you know, they're with coaches, they're on stage, they're backstage, all the things, barricaded, all the things. And then a lot of people that ran out then they say they heard more rounds outside. Then they kind of ran back in. So anyway, it was very traumatizing for a lot of people crazy how it seems to be about the same situation that we went through. We luckily were not there, but a lot of people were very traumatized by the situation. But they went on and they competed the next day, and I was really proud of all the girls. You know, we had a lot that were really really traumatized by it. So it was tough. But luckily everybody's okay, and there's no evidence that there was an active shooter. Luckily people did get hurt from like stampedes and stuff, you know, like getting also just over these are little kids, yeah, yeah, well in are coaches. Like talking to some of the coaches, like who didn't even even have some of their own kids, right, or they like were like I just scooped up kids because they're all just so and like where's my mom? You know, like there's just it's hard to explain how many people and it makes you think how you handle this in the future, Like, you know, the rest of the weekend, I didn't just drop her off at the team room and leave, you know, because that's what you usually do. Like we all stayed and we all stayed real close to our kids.
Speaker 3: So it was a while before parents could pick up kids.
Speaker 2: There were there were two very specific kids I know that were like missing for a while, but they had like a location where they like were like if you they kept sending alerts over your phone, like you know, like amber alerts essentially, and it said go here to rehome families and stuff. But everyone was found, everybody, you know, but very scary for those kids that you know and parents that were there and dealing with it.
Speaker 3: And but everyone was okay.
Speaker 2: Everyone I know is of some people got like a little bit hurt, like legs and stuff like that, but yes, everyone was okay. No evidence of a shooter.
Speaker 1: So my goodness, I know, isn't that crazy? Well, yes, and it's just yeah scary. Yeah, sorry to mess things up though, ladies. I started my period five days early.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I know, well, maybe you'll make me go ahead and start that's but it.
Speaker 1: Just all makes sense because I went. It was one of those two where I I usually get really sleepy before a period. Same and obviously agitated and annoyed the world is the sky is falling, crying for you know, no reason. I even had a moment where the other day I was being huffy and I knew I was in the wrong, so I was working out. Alan was working out outside, and it was one of those where I'm like, I know, I need to apologize.
Speaker 3: So I just like walked out.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'm sorry, you know, and that's all they really need, you know, It's just the acknowledgment. And then I was like, I really don't know what's wrong because this is weird. I'm nine days out from my period, Like this doesn't make sense. So usually it's like seven days out or eight days out or like no, or like five days.
Speaker 3: Out and then all of a sudden boom. I was like, so on this morning, I was like, babe, I figured it out.
Speaker 1: Then I wanted to tell him this time because I needed the reason for my like huffiness, and I was like, I started my period five days early, and I was like, oh, no, it's going to bring drama to the couch today.
Speaker 2: On wine Down, we usually don't want to tell him because we don't want to like give them the satisfaction of like, oh, you were cranking as you were starting your period.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I think calls it out now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I was having like, you guys, I posted this so Jolie had Western day and so I posted a photo of her wearing my fringey. I go, oh, Jolie, I've got this you know fringe thing that I used to wear on stage. Yeah, and uh, and then I thought, well, i'd become cute. Maybe look back in some photos, you guys. I went on such a deep dive, but it was such an em like an emotional rollercoaster that I actually I cried and I got depressed. Oh, because I'm like, what if that's it? Like what if I live? Because it's like what I said in there was like, you know, I I Everything I said was you know true, like I miss it and I'm so happy that I got to actually live a dream out in real life. But that dream is over, and I feel like it hit me in such a an emotional way where I'm like that that's it and it's over, and it it really messed me up. And it was the same day that you called me crying. I'm on my floor crying, And what you didn't know is I wasn't. I didn't tell you that I was crying when you called crying, No, and you go, what's the matter we have?
Speaker 3: And I was like I'm just emotional and You're like okay, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, so I didn't want to say, but I crying too, Yeah, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was like, I think I'm a liar because we had a talk and I was telling you that we had the talk in Chicago. We even talked about it on here and was like about being content and we feel so good in our lives, and I was like, I didn't mean to lie, but I think a lot I'm not content. I was like, I think I just haven't had time to dream. And now I get emotional because I'm like, is it I mean, like I did radio and road rules and all these things and.
Speaker 1: Now I'm but it was like the same moment, same thing of like it literally in that same moment, and it's like I had, you know, just been crying about it, posted it and she's feeling that and I've been thinking about that a lot lately too, And I think Alan is a piece of struggle with that too, where it's like he coached on some of the biggest teams, being on the England national team and you know, and did this, that and the other, and it's like, did.
Speaker 3: We already live.
Speaker 1: The dream that we you know, inspired, and I know it changes and there's seasons of it all and there's new dreams and there's new things. But maybe that was the top of what that was, and it was just like it hit really hard and it hurt, and I didn't like it and it made me super sad.
Speaker 3: Well, And I also think what is most relatable is that we've all like stepped back in some aspect to raise families or to be moms or to pour into our families differently, even if you're not a mom yet or never want to be women kind of there's this like natural trajectory that we go on where sometimes you just dial it back and certain things slowed to be the priority. And I feel like we've done a really good job of that for a really long time, and also miss a lot of parts of that. Like I feel like I've played very supportive role in Preston's we are flying right now. It feels awesome and that's incredible, but that's another thing on his bucket list right and I'm the most involved I've ever been, So that's exciting and empowering, but still it's not mine, it's ours ish you Knoweah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just and It was funny because when I got got home from when Jolie got home from school, I was like, hey, baby girl, look at these photos. See like you were wearing the same thing. And you know, she's like, Mommy, can I can I go with you on stage next.
Speaker 3: Time you go on stage? And I was like fighting chairs and.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, honey, I was like, mommy, Mommy said goodbye to the you know that touring side. And she's like why, and it's like, well, I was like I wanted to be more with you, and you know, used to have a crib on the tour bus, and and it was I was trying to explain it in a way where, you know, I didn't say like I gave it up for her, because I wasn't the total truth of it. But it was a lot, you know, and and there was a lot of I don't know, it's it's just it's so I have such like a love hate with it because is I there's pieces that I loved about touring and pieces that were hard about touring and the ones I had Jase, it's like, I don't want to be doing this and.
Speaker 3: What's fair to your children? Yeah? And I like to expose them to some things, but they don't need to live their life so inconsistently all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, anyways, that was just kind of a moment. And then you know, I was, did you guys watch the Oscars? No, I've just watched We Are Big Fashion the next day, people love Okay, Yeah, I watched the Oscars too, And I'm just like Ellen, I know, I know this was before it, but I said, I really hope I can make it to the Oscars before the in memoriam, the what the in memorial.
Speaker 2: You will be? I really believe it. I really believe it.
Speaker 3: My favorite part though, about this phone conversation is that Kramer and I will always say we're gonna make it right, and we will have been like, you're right, Okay, We're going to make it, and it's like and I love you, love you too, I love you, I love you too. Way too many would make you maybe a little uncomfortable, and then it stays for like and then we're like okay, and that's it. That portion of the conversation was probably half the conversation because I could tell that neither of us were ready to like let go of what was like the handholding moment on the phone, and we just kept going, We're gonna make it right. We are gonna make it though right like we do right going back.
Speaker 2: It was just it's a season.
Speaker 3: It's tricky, and I love this season so freaking much. I keep telling everyone I'm so in the good old days. I know, I am. It's incredible, and I don't I actually truthfully mean this. I don't have resentment. I just also miss me a lot, and I miss like. The thing that I love about doing this with you guys is that it brings out a part of me that was retired for so long. And when we go out and have done the wind downs on stage, there's a part of me that lives for that too, and that can only be filled right there. Yeah, you can't go get that anywhere else. So it's really just special.
Speaker 2: It's just so interesting hearing this because I feel like, I mean, obviously I had I had dreams and started working when I wanted to very early, but like I don't know how to say this without it sounding not great, but like you have like these really big dreams, not to compare dreams, so stay with me here for a second. So like these things like you don't feel like you you know, this touring life, this acting life. You know. I'm like I had a dream of like managing these people you know or whatever. But like my the other side of this is that going. You know, I felt like I did what I needed to do and I'm content. But now I'm at a point where I'm like, what do I do when these kids leap? Like do I need a new dream? Do I like dream bigger? Do I stay content with just you know, just doing every day but without kids or you know, it's that like I hear you say that, and then it gives me a little bit of like, man, do I need bigger dreams? Like do I need to think bigger? Do I need to strive for bigger or or not? You know, And it just makes me start going into my head going and I think a lot lot of people who are maybe home raising babies or who are just working a nine to five that maybe never thought of anything you know, more extravagant or more you know, I don't know. It just really has me thinking with y'all thinking about that, like what do we do when these kids are gone? Like do we need new dreams?
Speaker 3: Do we need to move in with them wherever they move, Well, depends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. That's just see that's where my brain go. That's that is where my brain will go and start going down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I don't know well, And I think that's hard to because again the whole comparing people on Instagram, it's like when you see this person doing this and then you then compare your life to it, going, Okay, is this am I supposed.
Speaker 3: To do more?
Speaker 1: Or right?
Speaker 2: Am I supposed to want more?
Speaker 3: Right? And maybe the answers like whatever, what do you want?
Speaker 2: Do you want to?
Speaker 1: You know? But I guess asterest question for you. That's like that a lot of people probably you know, struggle with yeah, as we all do. Yeah, and I think everyone, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean honestly, like I know that sounds ridiculous, but like the other day, I really wanted to cry, and I just was like, there's just no time for that right now, like the way I want to cry, Like I can start it, but this is a train that won't stop, and so I'll just table that. But like you're in between cheer and you're running them to this and running them to that, and it's like when is that, Like, I don't know for you, when there's a time to go, No, what does it look like ten years from you?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Caden's driving now. I mean it's been a couple of days and I'm like, between, oh my god, this is amazing. Like he took himself to the mall to go shopping for himself, Like I didn't have to do that, Like this is amazing too. Now I spend all my time on life three sixty.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, that was a drive that was a risk.
Speaker 4: Tribe, how much phone usage, you know, all the things.
Speaker 1: I have a topic that I wanted to bring up in host chat. If you saw an ex in public, would you acknowledge them? And what are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 3: I Am going to give you my gut reaction because I can't judge what the face is saying, Okay, this happened to me, yep, and when completely on a good time that I knew, Yeah, yeah, I've only run into that person the one time in ten years. And it was a really strange feeling because I obviously did not expect it at all. I mean I should have because we were I was back at home, but I was just really, I think I just was really dirty. I did acknowledge because I had to. We were face to face, like it would have been awkward if I didn't. And also I still, you know, do hope he has a great life. So it's not like, you know, it's not like that Charlotte moment in Sex and the City. It's like I cursed the day you were born. It's not like that. I just, yeah, I acknowledged him. I said, you know, you look great and are you happy? And I moved it right along. I had the kids with me, and I was like, it felt really good to say this. I was like, my husband's working, because I didn't have that in the previous right, and so I was like, my husband's working. So just because it was like, why are you here? I was asked of me, and I said, well, because I grew up here too, you know, And so he acknowledged you back had to. I mean we were literally within like a two by two foot square space on our way out of an old building.
Speaker 2: Catherine, I think it depends on the situation. I think if you see them kind of regularly, yes, I think that if you're just running in I can't tell you the times I've probably been in a place and didn't acknowledge someone I know because I didn't feel like talking. So you go the other way. If you meet eyes, you acknowledge. You don't have a choice. I just think it really depends on the situation. So I need to know the situation and then I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just curious if you because I have seen an ex out and it's the on both sides, it's the we we know the person's there, right, so it's I'm wondering which one.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, and absolutely I would not acknowledge to me.
Speaker 1: I think it's so dramatic on both parts of the non like of acknowledgement. I think for me it's like I'm in a place where like I truly don't hate anyone.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I I might dislike the person, I don't want to be friends with certain people, but I think it's dramatic for us both to continue to just have that not even it's like, I think it's fine to do the little like head nod that feels fair.
Speaker 3: I don't again, we don't need to be like, hey, how are you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: I don't either, But I think it's just like the like the acknowledgement to be like hello, you know, and then because it's like the over not making eye contact on everybody's part just feels so dramatic to me.
Speaker 3: It's like, for what reason isn't everybody happy?
Speaker 2: I think the head nod would it would suffice for this situation. The head not feel like, no one needs to get into a conversation because that's not going to lead to anything good.
Speaker 1: But what the therapist says, and sorry, before you find out, the therapist would say, don't give into let's say, a narcisst. I'm not calling this person narcissist, but sometimes like if it's bad or whatever, then there needs to be obviously right, no acknowledgment right and giving letting them come into your space. So I understand there's certain areas where you shouldn't acknowledge that person because it just gives them more fuel for their own narcissism and whatever else there is. Or if it was a really bad, you know, breakup, but when it's you know, years removed and everyone is I just I just don't see the point of this, like dramatic, like we're we're making such an effort to not have eye contact, well it feels like you abandon It's like we're literally two tables away from each other.
Speaker 3: Just just nod.
Speaker 1: So that way the next time, because it continues, we keep running into each other time and time again at restaurants.
Speaker 3: So it's like, who, like, okay, hello, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I see both sides. I think that letting it into your space makes sense too. Like I think that if for you, obviously, for you, you'd rather do the head nod and it's not gonna affect you. But let's say for someone that it may affect them if they were I think it's okay to not acknowledge and move on. Yeah, but for you, you're like, I mean.
Speaker 1: Everybody's happy, yeah, and it's all good. I don't like what you say this person. You don't know if that person's happy, Well they look happy.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean they are loving they must be.
Speaker 1: I mean, like we're all like happy in relationships, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: Like I'm happy, acknowledge me. You don't necessarily like.
Speaker 1: They're with their significant beautiful other, you know what I mean. So like everyone's good, and like I would say at least just ahead.
Speaker 3: No, I would never, I'll be honest, There's no one I would, even the one that I dislike the most. I still would give a hey like, move along.
Speaker 2: I mean, if that's then from a far I'm not gonna go out of my way.
Speaker 3: You're ducking behind cereal two minutes, you're avoid icon.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I will go this way. If this person is far far away, if we are passing each other, you're gonna have to acknowledge and do the head nod.
Speaker 3: You should send that person an appetizer next time. Unavoidable. I'm so far like I think it's so.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would even welcome people back on a couch to talk.
Speaker 2: Well, we all know that that is you and that is you, and I don't want, no, no.
Speaker 3: Not not to hang out, but like just a conversation.
Speaker 2: Where I think, I think that that might be the one topic where most of us, of your friends minus one of them, would disagree. Right, you're just but I do love that about you though, I just don't feel about us are in that world.
Speaker 1: I just get such a growth moment for everyone to hear, you know.
Speaker 2: Not growing. But yeah, I agree, I feel great, I feel great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I think it feels good to you to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: So I just love good energy and I just like it doesn't doesn't and I and honestly like it used to really bother me. Now I just think it's funny and I life like now I'm just like.
Speaker 2: You'll literally go to the same like y'all freak all the time. And it's like, how does ALAN feel about it?
Speaker 1: They were like facing each other, one of them, I'm like, are you looking at each other?
Speaker 3: Like what is happening?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Wild?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And so I just you know, okay, but like I don't care like it used to bother me because I had such hatred for this, you know, even though I say I don't hate people, but I still had such anger. I had such anger around it and how it unfolded. But now it's so just petty and long gone and ever it's all good now and I don't care anymore. So it doesn't affect me anymore. When I see that person, I'm just like, oh, it's just my past, you know what I mean. I mean, he doesn't care, like he literally is like I remember one time ran into the person. I was like, it just I go, I don't like the way I feel because of how everything unfolded, and uh, you know, he's like, why do you let it affect you? And I really I brought that to therapy and talked to Amy about it because I'm like, why do I let it affect me?
Speaker 3: Why does it bother me so much?
Speaker 1: And I was able to kind of work through it with her and now it's like, yeah, now it's I just find it just silly and funny.
Speaker 2: The other side of that, though, is I bet he doesn't feel like you do.
Speaker 1: Like I think he still villainizes me, yes, and like make and I know he does because he like tells people that I'm crazy and this is it was all so, and he's never taken ownership. And I think that's the difference in it is like I know he still says which or maybe not now, but like a few years ago calling me like crazy and this, that and the other and like villainized me, never took ownership, So he might still be on that same I agree, Uh, he might still be doing that, which is why to him, it's like.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't be able to do that same thing that you can now do because you've moved past it and you've moved past the anger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably has not done the same or maybe it makes her uncomfortable maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair. Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: But also, like you know, I like again wish our happiness for everybody. But I just to me in just it's just general. I thought it was just.
Speaker 3: An interesting that is a good topic. I like it to just talk about it.
Speaker 2: At first, I thought, I was like, why are we talking about Mike? We see him all the time. Why are we not acknowledging, which I have done that with Mike for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, let's take a break and then you know, you know what's next, Ladies. Shockingly, I don't have a wine about it today. I'm actually saving it for next week.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that you've pinned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pinning it because I want to sit with a little bit more, because it's got some tea on it.
Speaker 3: Oh, so stay tuned today for next week.
Speaker 2: Is it an update to something with what? Never mind?
Speaker 3: No, go ahead, go Is.
Speaker 2: It an update to what we talked about a couple of weeks ago. Yes, okay, that's what I was thinking, And I just need.
Speaker 1: To, like, I feel like the most mature thing for me to do is to still kind of sit with it so I can have a but I do want to spill some a little bit more tea, so stay tuned.
Speaker 3: But I really don't have a wine. Cat, you have a wine.
Speaker 2: I don't, really I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, so love I don't know if you follow the Guinea Pig chronicles the Guinea Pig. Okay. In this, we went out the other night, and we were out it was started to be dinner time, so we pulled over into the best of the worst options in the chain tiny town area that we're in, right, so we decide cracker Barrel. Okay, kids always pick it because they get toys. They don't get toys this time, I'd like to say good. So we sit down, but I need to frame that it was cracker Barrel because I always enjoy a good Cracker Barrel visit. I feel like the staff is always overly friendly, and that is one thing that I really appreciate. I was a server for six years. I managed a restaurant for a year. I want to say all of that, and I will say that the server still got twenty percent. Okay, all that being said, so we sit down and she is whispering basically the tone that the tone I can tell she's Savers whispering. Yeah, she's essentially like the character and pitch perfect that, like you can't hear anything, and so or I said, hey, you know, if it's okay with you, and I'm always the kindest because I was a server, I said, if you don't when you do drinks, can I just give you the kids food? I need to be like a little proactive other than reactive. And she was like so, and I was like, oh, I'm sorry, I can't okay, And I can tell Preston's already, like he's with people so much that I can tell, so now I'm running tight d He's never an angry guy, but I could tell he's getting annoyed already. So we ask for biscuits. She brings the biscuits no plates. So I say, hey, I'm just you know, if it's okay, we just I would love to just grab like some just some red plates. She kind of rolls her eyes and departs from the table, comes back with a stack of napkins, sets them down, and says, all of our bread plates are dirty. I should also tee up the story by saying there is maybe five tables in there. Maybe not exaggerating, right, So why is everything dirty? I don't know. Are you just lazy? It's a confusing Is this your first day? I don't do Were you just born? Because it's starting to feel a little bit like that. So she comes back over and she says she says that that they're dirty, and I say, oh, okay, well then well and Preston's looking at me like is this real life? Right? And she slaps the napkins down and I said, well, then we'll just take big plates. That's fine, right, And she goes, well, these napkins will work. Oh, same same face, same thought. And I said, actually, we'll just take the big plates. We're not camping. What is happening. I'm having this moment like are we getting punked? What's happening? She grabs the napkins okay, furious, rolls her eyes and walks away. At this point, see, now this is the difference. And it's not that President isn't gracious and that he isn't like he's the most patient person. I can just tell he has to do this every freaking day that he's not with us, and he's like over it, right, and he we have this inside joke that like we work here. Everywhere we go we work here. I'm at best Buy, I'm helping him get a product protection plan. Like where it's just like no one's working. So I guess my wine about is I feel like we are. I pray that the people in our generation are creating people that want to work again, because I deeply feel like we are lacking work ethic, common sense. I know I sound like an old lady and I'm well aware of that, but it is wildly disheartening out there. And I even I wasn't ever rude to her and again tipped her twenty percent because I'm like, this is I needed to say go get the other plates because like I need her to think outside of the box, But like, why isn't she thinking outside of the box? Right? And so I'm just I feel like everywhere we go, it's not worth spending the money to go do anything anymore because no one is really wanting to be there or work right, And that's frustrating because everything is also way more expensive than it used to be. Yeah, I feel I don't how old was she? She looked young okay, Like I would say, I would be shocked if she had reached the twenties, So.
Speaker 1: I don't want to group everybody together in that age range. Having said that, the twenty year old's, the young twenty year olds that I have worked with are not as proactive, not as they don't show up the way that I remember I showed up when I was twenty and grinding and doing the things that I did. The they like to take shortcuts and not do the job.
Speaker 3: I'd agree. I would also agree that maybe they have better boundaries than we do. Maybe they like when you told me I'm a salary position, I am working to detriment. I'm their eighty hours. You can call me at ten. That's fine, I mean zero boundaries. I still have PTSD. If the next tel sound that Jamaican next heel ring, that used to happen because that was like the radio station, So I get it. I love to honor that. But like I've had babysitters, not the one I have now, but I've had babysitters before where they're like, yeah, I have to leave here by eleven, I have to be here at eleven. Well, now I'm stuck in traffic. At Nashville and I'm trying to get home and blah blah blah blah, and I'm stressed out. And then I get home and they talked to me for an hour. I'm like, what are we doing? If you need to leave it eleven? I want you squealing tires at eleven to one? Yeah, because I'm busting my ass to get back here. It's just a different work ethic, and I just want us to course correct it. We can still have boundaries, but to get your eyes, like the eye rolling and the like you're giving me napkins. Yeah, what is happening? Yeah? And a restaurant. I mean, listen, it's cracker barrel. It's not like but also this is wild to me. Yes? Do I sound like a crotchy old lady?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think again, it's just And I wonder what are the people forty when we were twenty with the forty year olds would have said about us. I wonder too, because ib we should call somebody and ask to make that our homework, because that's an interesting spin on it. Having said that, though, remember I sent you that one video we were we were trialing this one person for Roman's nanny, and when she was done. I mean she left the house a disaster. I mean toys and stuff literally everywhere, And so I sent her a video and I said, hey, moving forward, like, when I'm done working, the last thing I want to do is come home to this messy house, Like, can you please clean up the toys that you guys played with, because when you got here in the morning, I clean up the toys that we played with in the morning. I left you a very clean house, and I would just appreciate the house being left that same way, you know. And even her if her response wasn't like oh, I'm so sorry and like that won't happen again, it was like, well, like excuses, and I'm like, I did defense ask for a defensiveness on it, you know, like I just can this just not be left this way? It's weirderiod, and it's not everybody like I feel right now like I do have the best of the best, but it's like, also, I didn't have help for eight years because I was I would rather just not well. And they're asking like if you were asking for thirty dollars an hour at twenty years old, you better be showing up for what thirty dollars an hour. Looks like this is not thirty dollars an hour, no type of you know, no sitting at all, you know what I mean? Like I know, and I think I also stomach, like it's a lot of money to our family. So exactly, I was an assistant for this lead and I was to be her clothing. I worked at the store called Weekends. It was on in Te Luca Lake. She was so not nice to me, but I just wanted her approval so badly and I worked so hard for her. So most of it was supposed to be at the store and I would help with you know things, folding the clothes and everything. But then she would also bring me to her house and she would literally give me a toothbrush and say can you clean the floor. And I was on my hands and knees scrubbing with a toothbrush. That's right to make money, like in between my movies and stuff.
Speaker 3: And it's like saying, I don't think where's the art. I guess if.
Speaker 1: We gave a toothbrush to a twenty year old baby, like I'm finally in a loss of lawsuit.
Speaker 3: And also watch my TikTok It just my viral and terrible boss.
Speaker 1: But I would never do that, all right, So this week's headline is Courtney Kardashian addresses viral rumors son Mason, fifteen has a baby in a rare statement. Courtney Kardashian is shutting down the viral rumors that her fifteen year old son Mason has a baby. On Sunday, March second, the Kardashian star forty five why did they put the age? Shared a rare statement on her Instagram story. I rarely address rumors or conspiracies regarding myself or my family, but this is about my child, and it feels wrong to let anyone think for a second that these lies are remotely true. They are not. Mason does not have a child. These accounts that pretend to be him are definitely not. They're fake. My son really values his privacy, and I'm I'm asking all media to please be respectful. He is a kid with feelings and a beautiful life ahead of him. Please stop spreading false narratives and spinning lies. And to all the other people making videos about my kids, who by the way, are miners, please stop and leave them alone. So first and foremost, you know to her point she rarely addresses rumors or conspiracies about herself or family.
Speaker 3: I mean they would be doing it all.
Speaker 1: Day, exhausting every day, like it's the most Like you said, it must be like the most exhausting. It would take up your entire day because people are always talking about them and what's you know, this conspiracy or that or when it comes to this though, I'm I saw and I was like, yeah, girl, like one thousand percent, good on you, because don't don't talk about kids. Don't don't talk about my kids or lies like that. That's that's harmful to that child.
Speaker 3: I also would say that I think it carries more weight because she doesn't comment often, right, which is what I liked about it. I was like, well, man, Courtney's commenting, then it must be something protected. I didn't know, like where was this all? Was it a TikTok?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or all over TikTok?
Speaker 3: That's so sad?
Speaker 2: Well, so do you know the backstory to kind of like what happened? Basically, it was a girl that he did date or had seen photos of, at least presumably dating all of a sudden, has a one year old. Then there's an Instagram account where he is, supposedly him, goes in and answers these questions, says, yes, I had a child, her name is Piper, here's photos, and then it gets scrubbed, you know, a little while later. I agree with everything that you've said. I don't know that everyone believes her because I think there was a lot of other things as well. I think that there's also accounts with this girl going on there. When I'm looking at it and I'm not saying it's true or not true, the kid looks a lot like him, Like, so it's again, kids are not kids.
Speaker 3: I'm getting kind of mind exactly right now.
Speaker 2: No, not against me, like I agree.
Speaker 3: Feeding into the like it looks like them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I understand though, where people went there because he posted it, Like he literally actually posted, yes I have a kid, presumably his account.
Speaker 3: Oh it was.
Speaker 2: It was a Q and A and him answering these questions, presumably him. They went away all of that. I was really happy that she did post it, that she stood up for him, of all the things, like if this is not true, you absolutely address that. I just worry that, not even worry. I hate it for him that it's it's going to, in my opinion, probably continue because I don't think a lot of people are buying it. If you go back to TikTok now and you search for the stuff, it's basically saying that Courtney Kardashian spent all this money to bury it. So there's a lot of conspiracies out there, a lot about it. It's it's everywhere on TikTok, I mean, and it's like it's crazy, and I feel so bad for her, irregardless, in him, irregardless if this is true or not true, Like let the kid have a baby in private if he wants to also, you know what I mean. I mean, I'm going to choose to believe that that's the truth because she put out a statement, and I don't think that she would put out a statement. Does the statement.
Speaker 3: Say it is not his son, or she says he does not have a Sien does not have a child.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a daughter.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just was looking for the loophole right for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's what I was wondering if maybe like.
Speaker 3: Honest family. I feel like they have been you guys, like we know too much, you know, and they've been honest about the things that something about and rightfully so not kids.
Speaker 2: They have so gone in private, yeah about a lot of things.
Speaker 1: And I respect that so much because it's not their and what like we have said things like, oh, I shouldn't have said this about Emmy, or maybe I shouldn't have said this about there's we start to really go, Okay, We've got to protect the kids, even though yes, we show them on social media, and there will be a time when I stop showing them so much because they also be like, maybe they don't want to be on social media, and maybe I should have waited until they had a choice.
Speaker 3: But also it is what it is, and that's how I started it.
Speaker 2: And absolutely, and I think this is where it gets tricky because it seemingly he chose he had been off of social media for about a year, he had not been on the show. He had not he'd kind of been, And I think that's where all this speculation started. Why is he not on the show? Where is he what is happening? He's not on social media? All those things, So I think that's where everyone started speculating about things. There also was a TikTok showing a house a house in Malibu. I do not know the truth to this, but that he had been seen going in and out of apparently that was linked back to her. Who knows if that's true. But on the flip side, I can see where these speculations got to the world we're in now, where these speculations got to where they did, because he presumably was back on social media and answered that he had a child. Her name is Piper. They did date these two, I believe. Again I don't true, maybe, but total.
Speaker 3: Could he just going to a friend's house and like say, and.
Speaker 1: This is what is so scary about Today's not only AI but also I'm not saying true, but there's a lot of things that come now on Instagram or social media. They're like look at this. I'm like, that is completely AI and not true. Then there's other things that you know of that that might possibly be true. We don't actually know what the truth is because of all this AI generated stuff.
Speaker 2: It's scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then when it then because now social media seems to be where people go for news things and spreading information. I don't That's why I'm always like, what's the truth?
Speaker 3: Is true? Is this not true? What is like?
Speaker 1: Where is the truth in all of this, and so that's my fear with it because do you remember back in the day too, where they went on this whole conspiracy about how Chloe was Ojay's daughter daughter. You know, it's like, how harmful and so sad for her too, to have that be a rumor that she's like her father, that she was so close to people are speculating that that actually wasn't her father because she.
Speaker 3: Was so tall was one of the reasons.
Speaker 1: Don't look like you know it's so I think it's just this is the part of social media that I just find so dangerous and hurtful.
Speaker 3: I'd agree.
Speaker 2: I also think too, this is where it gets tricky for celebrities and their children to be on social media. And that's a whole other topic, but that's where it gets super, super tricky. But at the end of the day, we don't even know presumably it wasn't his account, so people are making accounts acting like Kim at this point. So it's it's a it's a kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. But I am just saying I can see where people speculated these things, but kids are still off limits. I will always agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've yes, I do agree. I've made mistakes in that in the past a way as far ago of making comments about you know, kid or sure, we all have learned lessons, you know what I mean. But I will say this, and this is take Now, take the Kardashian story. We're closing the door on that.
Speaker 3: We're not. That's that's done.
Speaker 1: My question to you girls within this headline is how far would you go for your kids and what would what lie would you tell? Did you guys ever see that movie the TV show The juror not.
Speaker 2: The jur Yes, is that the one?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking to. It's it's the jury.
Speaker 2: No, it's the he's the judge.
Speaker 3: He's a judge.
Speaker 1: So he's the judge in a case his son actually ended up killing.
Speaker 3: This is I mean, this is.
Speaker 1: So sidebarring, but I'm just posing the question because it brings up what we would do for our kids and what lies we would tell for our kids. So the son again, this is this is a story, this isn't even a true story. But the son ended up running over by accident, complete accident. Comes to find out that his son was the one that did it. So he then oh, my god, Easton, we're wrong. It's called your honor. But yes, that is.
Speaker 2: Right the judge.
Speaker 3: But come to it where.
Speaker 1: You know, he comes home and they have this moment where he realizes that he was the one that did it, and so then he frames other people, not people, but tries to you know, get the him acquitted basically of it and never knowing that it was him. What would you do for your kids in a situation? How far would you lie for your kids in a situation if you don't want some what if they did a father of a child, or what if they did do X, Y and Z, like what would you do to protect them in this kind of day and age.
Speaker 2: I think all situations are different.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to monitor how much I share.
Speaker 2: What did we just know?
Speaker 3: Not that I need to protect anyone, just that this is a common kind of what you're going to think is wild kind of common conversation in our house because I in both sides of the family, we have some wild enabling. And I am saying there is a full grown man in our family that is wildly enabled to the point of like detriment to me, Like we can when at what point do you become an adult and start handling your stuff. And so I think what gets tricky is like, I, you know, I'm talking about a ten to fifteen I understand, but he didn't get there because he was a Yeah, because he was a ten year old, and then he was a fifteen year old, and then he was a seventeen year old, and it was the wild enabling yep. And so the conversation and Preston presses this conversation or this question to me often is he's like, well, what would you do if that was Legend? And I don't, Okay, no one knows what they would do until they're in a situation, and no one knows any situation until they're in it. I firmly believe both of those things. I really feel like responsibility. You have to face responsibility head on always because if you lie about something, it always becomes worse, and if you enable something, it always becomes worse. In my history, I can't think of a time where that's proven. Otherwise, if Legend fathered a child at fifteen, I don't think it's anybody's business but our own families, So would you lie for them if it came out I don't know, because I think the world eats people alive now and I think it makes it Having a kid at fifteen is already going to be I walked that when I was fifteen with friends. Oh, I was like, no, do we have do I No? But I had a girlfriend who had a baby at thirteen, and you know, like it's really hard and I can't imagine. I know, I can't imagine. If social media was a thing, then people had enough to say and there was enough judgment cast, and there was all you know, so like, imagine that as a mom, you could take that piece away from them, the piece that's uneducated and speculating, widely judgmental, and at least take that layer off of them. I don't know. That's just my honest heart.
Speaker 2: I think for me, I have always said, and I've not been in this situation yet, I've always said, I've always said, you wanted to I'm getting there. I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: I'll let you call yourself out on.
Speaker 2: That is literally my next My first call out is that I have always told my kids, and I've always said from seeing being in high school, if my kid gets pulled over and they go to jail, they will spend that night in jail, like, I'm not bailing you out. Having said that, I would like to say, if my kid actually killed someone, I wouldn't. I don't know what I would do in that situation. To me, that's like a whole extreme situation where their life is ruined. The other side of that is, to me, my kid's life is not ruined if they have a kid at actually fourteen is when he had this supposed child.
Speaker 3: I would say, what help?
Speaker 2: I have said that to my children.
Speaker 3: I want you to say what you've said to me.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I will help that kid. Now what you said you want to be a hot young grand No, I'm saying I will help with that baby.
Speaker 3: You're like, I would love to have that.
Speaker 2: I would. I mean love is a strong I wouldn't really love for my child's because it would be a hard, but I would not lie about it. I would probably tell I'll just go with it. Let's just say, Kayden, he's sixteen. I would probably say, get off social media, but own it, own your truth, be a good father or mother. If it's my daughter and we're gonna do this together, that would not bother me. I have always yes, I'm the one growing up watching sixteen and pregnant, Like, ooh, if my kid got pregnant at sixteen, I'm not bad ass grandma that's helping with that kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that place I've always remembered that.
Speaker 2: I love it. I gotta say a that's kind of my calling. I just didn't see that coming. But honestly, if I'm being real now with having like a sixteen and a thirteen year old, I wanted someone else's kid. I'll help you.
Speaker 3: You got in the day like ten years ago, you know what I mean. I wanted to kids.
Speaker 2: Having said that, though, I would way long ago, right, so I would step up and we would do it together and my kid would still go to college.
Speaker 3: Like listen, I'm doing that too. I'm just saying publicly. I might if I'm a Kardashian, I might not say that because I might want it. I don't. I just think they just deal with the different level of a wild.
Speaker 2: They do, but they already deal with it. So what is I guess maybe what is a little okay? He got he got a girl pregnant at fourteen? What is any different than anything they've ever faced?
Speaker 3: Because he's fifteen, you would.
Speaker 1: Have to read it. It's not it's not him, it's not they've already faced it. But for him, that's what I'm saying. So it's like his own mental health.
Speaker 2: But he's already well that's why I say he needs to get off social media. I think that you can say, yes, this is true, please whatever, and then he needs to get off social media, and he has to deal with the repercussions of getting someone pregnant. You got to step up, you got to be a father. He unfortunately, if that were true, would have to step up and grow up a lot quicker. But that's the reality of what just happened to me. That's a little bit of the consequence of it, the repercussion of it. But social media is brutal.
Speaker 3: I agree, likely People magazine they already rip them apart, I.
Speaker 2: Know, for right or wrong now anyway, so that they do.
Speaker 3: Just keep going, well that's really.
Speaker 2: I mean they have absolutely.
Speaker 3: I just haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: Well, there hasn't been any because they're protective saying what has happened. Mason's the oldest. Yeah, he's the only one for it to happen. But I don't think for a second they wouldn't attack it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that i'd lie, but I don't know that I wouldn't, is all I can say.
Speaker 2: Well, I may not advertise it. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just learned a lot about you in the last two minutes.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the family. Like it would be so hard for me to be like I have a grandkid and not be like, welcome. I would be so excited about the I kind of do Okay, wow, all right, Okay, Well I don't just told them myself there, okay, And they're staying in jail for a day if they go to jail.
Speaker 3: I heard that, and I don't doubt that. Actually that's true.
Speaker 2: Sorry, from kidding real.
Speaker 1: From Kayley, When you took technology out of the house, how did you do it? Did you wean it out? Did you use a certain method? Is all technology cut out? Do you use it rewards?
Speaker 3: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: Definitely know there is a need to take it away from our eight almost nine year old as well, but sometimes we just need it. He's so creative and smart. But we'll throw fits about putting it away, doing what doing what is supposed to be done, et cetera. And now he is starting to become anxious about different things and tells us how bad he is at sports, if he isn't perfect doing it all the time, if he isn't perfect doing it for the first time. I honestly think a lot of it has to do has to tie to his technology and reliance on that. Any help resources or whatever you used would be super helpful.
Speaker 2: I have technology so much well.
Speaker 1: So I think that's what the good debate is, right. So I think you know, Chris and I are on the You started the you paved the way I believe of taking the pads iPads away. Yeah, and we didn't use them a ton to begin with, so I will say I need to say that because I think it's easier to take them away when they're not often right. And I think where we fell into the habit was during quiet time Jolie would get her iPad, and then with Jase, he never really liked his iPad, but there was a moment where there was a lot of iPad watching at a different household, and so I started to see how different my son was being, and then what it was doing to Jolie. She became so addicted to it that then when they'd come here. It was constantly asking about it, constantly wanting to be on it. They would think if they did something, great, Okay, so I did this, Does that mean I get my iPad? And I'm like, no, this is not a reward, Like technology is actually not a reward. Just because you did a chore does not mean okay, now you get to get your iPad? Like where is this coming from? So I wanted to break that habit, just like with snacks and desserts and all that too, Like I don't I'm trying to rework that too, Like, well, Mammy, I ate on my dinner.
Speaker 3: Do I get a dessert?
Speaker 1: I'm like no, that's not like you should eat your dinner, you know, like that is what you should do. But for Jolie and then learning more about the dyslexia too, and how screens and technology is not good. Seeing the games that Jace was playing and knowing more about the chat room things. I know you can go private on that stuff, but I didn't like how he was acting with all the roblocks crap that he was playing, and I just cold turkey took it away. Now did they have it on the planes? And when we were in Scotland. Yes, they were sick and that was the tool that I needed to be helpful in for that time. But you know, since then, they had it on an airplane to fall Break in October and that's the last time they've touched their iPad. Jolie now has a drawing pad, but that's still limited. She can only draw on it. That's that's literally all she can do on it. But that I even limit that. So for me and my kids, I just see what it started to do and then how they were acting with it, and I just I want them to go play outside. I want them to be creative. And now they don't ever ask, they don't ever you know, want to go on it, and you know they get the video games and all that at their dads, so you know, fine, I just know, here is it. Let's let's actually play and be creative. And that's what works for my kids. I understand it's a great tool for other parents, and I know you use it for the reasons you want to use it, but I don't think does Ramsey even have her iPad a lot.
Speaker 2: Or it depends on the season. Honestly, my kids will choose to go outside. I mean now that they're older, but like they would choose that over having said that in the winter and stuff like that. Yeah, she's been on it more, but she They all have screen time, they all have a certain amount of time they can be on it.
Speaker 3: What do you limit it to? I'm curious, like what everyone's limit is.
Speaker 2: Everyone's is different. Ramsey's is two hours. I think one hour. I heard it might be when.
Speaker 1: An hour and a half is something that is there was something there was some study done about, but believe it was.
Speaker 2: And we have to keep in mind, which this is probably making me even worse, but we have to keep in mind our kids are on a computer all day at school? Well are they Yeah, that's where they do all their work.
Speaker 3: Jace jac does have a chromebook. He only does Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Chromebook maybe in kindergarten, but like, yeah, Ramsey, I mean as they get older, especially I mean Ramsey might not be on it all day, but like she's on it. Like they have chromebooks that they take to and from school. So we have to also keep that in mind for how much technology they're getting, you know, So I'm kind of calling myself out there at that point, because they're getting technology that's what they do, and I don't like that. I don't like that they're on their computers. I mean everything middle school, in high school, everything is on a computer. You can't see their tests anymore. It's all all on.
Speaker 3: It's tricky though, right, Like the reason I even introduced an iPad to them, and I introduced it late, was because I'm like, well, essentially, they need to know how to be in their world. Like their world is.
Speaker 2: It's the computer. You have to know how to win, and you have to know how to do all that.
Speaker 3: We were at like the very beginning of the big fat this this makes us sound so old, but like those big computers sitting in our classrooms, and it helped us be a little more intuitive as we got older and into the speaking was how I learned to type. I think it mattered how fast you tie, was like all of that. So like I introduced it, going, okay, you need to be this needs to be a little intuitive to you because this is your world.
Speaker 2: So it's just really tragitives and negative too. I think that you know, social media I could have some complaints about, but I have not had a need in my house. Minus I have screen time, so I can I control it. I make sure it's off at a certain time so the older ones go to bed or they would stay up on it. But besides that, I've had no issues, so I've had no reason to take it away. They all know and there have been consequences for things where they've been taken away or they have no phone at all or whatever it is. But they know that I can take it away at any point if they do anything, you know, But I haven't had a reason, so I haven't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not love who Legend was when he was on that.
Speaker 2: I've never had that tree with you and I don't even mine don't watch TV, but they never.
Speaker 1: Back in the day because if we're talking boys, it was the same thing with the boys was Kayden wasn't iPads back in the day like when you and.
Speaker 2: He was not, but he didn't he didn't watch TV. Is still the kid that like would go outside no, like I mean his back is hurt right now, but like he's outside sports. They kind of ish all are. Emmy's so busy with cheer that I also give her some credit there that she needs to just chill out sometimes because she's so active all the time. I could see where it could become an issue with Ramsey. It did a little bit this winter. But she doesn't throw fits, she doesn't get mad if I tell her to turn it off. She doesn't zone out, which I mean, I know a lot of kids zone out. Yeah, that would that would bother me, if I can. I remember that about Jolie, and that would be crazy. Yeah. So I just think it's to each their own, and I think what's better and where you know.
Speaker 3: Like I think, if you're asking the question, you know what you need to do usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like, how do you do it if it's ruling the if if it's how do I say that? If it's the one running the ship, then that ship needs to be taken down? Yeah, that's the question that's always posed or the problem. Then eliminate the problem. I think.
Speaker 3: I think most parents would be pleasantly surprised how much easier it is.
Speaker 1: I was shocked how easy it was. Yes, like I think, yes so quickly. Yeah, yeah, I thought it was going to be a huge struggle.
Speaker 3: No it wasn't. All right, ladies, see you next week. Bye bye.
Speaker 4: By