Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yeddy.
Speaker 3: Immediately Rowsy takes Toronto down, but Coronto looking for the guillotine and Rowsy pops her head out in full mount ground and pound Rowdy looking for the arm and already the arm.
Speaker 2: That's Tever, Mom, Mom and Mia.
Speaker 3: It is incredible, the most devastating finish in MMA history, and round of Rowsey just took another arm postage and just.
Speaker 2: Like that, it's over. Wow.
Speaker 4: If you like chick's beating the crap out of each other, that was something over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Especially middle aged ones. That's what I love. I don't know why I can't watch MMA.
Speaker 4: I find it way too violent, and I watched boxing, and I've watched lots of boxing matches. I don't know what's different in my head about it. There's something about the when the person finally loses them being so helpless and getting beaten on that I just can't watch.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: That was a fifteen second match between Ronda Rousey, who I ask embarrassing questions to on the show. Many years ago. She's a very famous MMA fighter. And then that Gina Carano, who was famous in the Mandalorian. I'd never seen her do anything other than being the Mandalorian. But then she made some comments about Trump or whatever, and she got.
Speaker 1: She said something fairly moderate and the lunatics at Disney threw her out on her ear.
Speaker 4: Anyway, they fought each other the weekend in Ronda ROWSI it says here was the wording they used here. I wanted to use this wording because I thought it was really good. An arm bar submission victory. What's an arm bar mission victory?
Speaker 1: That means he gets the person's arm in a position and they say I'm out, I'm out, I'm out because.
Speaker 2: If they don't, they break it. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that was a Jake Paul production, not the kind of purse usually in these big Jake Paul fights were. Like when he fought most recently, he made like ninety million dollars.
Speaker 2: It's usually a huge.
Speaker 4: So this was on Netflix over the weekend. Ron A Rousey made two point two million, Gina Carano made a million. Would I let somebody bend my arm up behind me to where it's almost to break for a million dollars if I can say it's enough after fifteen seconds, Yeah, I probably would million bucks.
Speaker 2: That hurts. I'm done right exactly. I walk out into the middle of the ring. I'm through here right anyway. So is it so Fi Stadium? And uh?
Speaker 4: Is that the big LA football stats where the Chargers and the Rams play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, I don't think our listeners necessarily have all the stadium names.
Speaker 4: Memory a Scotchers and not that big a crowd. So they had it in the dark, and so they had lights in each of the seats to make it look like there was way more people there than there actually were, which is an interesting Jake Paul's good at this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why he makes his million bucks, because he's like the brain and promoter behind it. I mean, I'm not a big fan of his as a human being, but he's sure is an entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: And that prime that either he or his brother came up with. That drink is just disgusting if you've ever tasted it. But anyway, they're gonna putting on the spectacles. Eh, two million dollars perse for the winner is not a giant money. So I don't think people like the chick fighting, just like people don't like the chick basketball. You can claim sexism or whatever you want, but it just doesn't draw as many eyeballs.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't know what to do about that. I don't know change change.
Speaker 1: And how old is Gina Carano who got screwed. I don't want to criticize her, and if she can make a million bucks, good for her.
Speaker 2: But Michael, do you know? I think she was forty four? Yeah? Oh my god, let me ask aause. I was asking.
Speaker 4: Gemini how old are the two participants, because that's a decent question watching middle aged women beat the crap out of each other. Uh so ROUSI is thirty nine? Corono forty four?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: If they were household name big deals, he wouldn't get necessarily that many eyeballs.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: That's enough of that. Just kind of funny that it happened. It's also funny that this happened. You're a big wine connoisseur. Do you know about the new wine they've got at Costco? Kirkland signature wine that's coming in a big tub, like an ice cream tub. Costco is now selling a ten liter bucket of wine.
Speaker 2: Have you. Do you know anything about wine? This boy? That's good or not?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't buy my wine by the buckets.
Speaker 4: And I thought by the plastic bucket ten leaders in a big plastic bucket at Costco, or you could save ten percent by buying a kiddie pool full of wire. I like this joke about it, though. Here's a note for the less cultured Europeans. You can only call it Kirkland Cabernet severn, oh if it comes from the Costco region of the United States.
Speaker 2: That's a good wine joke. That is pretty funny. Yeah. I want to go back to Gina Carano. Are you going to move on? Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was reminding myself. Here's why Disney fired her. She shared a post suggesting that neighbors turning on Jews during the Holocaust was similar to how people today treat others for having different political views in blue cities and states, for instance. And people are getting hounded out of their jobs and careers for not expressing the right views, which was one hundred percent true. And now you have progressives out and out denying the Holocaust over and over again, and Disney ate fire in anybody. Secondly, she mocked mask mandates, criticized pandemic lockdowns and alleged fraud in the twenty twenty presidential election. Mocking mask mandates and inoculation with the vaccine mandates. They should have been mocked. You'd run a healthy twenty year old men out of the military for not getting the jab.
Speaker 2: It's freaking obscene.
Speaker 1: And she mocked the use of gender pronouns by listing unrelated words in her social media bio. That's why Gina Kurana was fired by freaking Disney.
Speaker 4: Then she gets her gets an arm bar submission and a million bucks in midlife. You can bar both my arms from millions. Now, where's my check on the subject of the anti semitism? Did you watch that Bill Maher screed that I sent you?
Speaker 2: No, It's definitely worth watching.
Speaker 4: So Bill Maher's final little monologue that he does on his show Friday Nights, And I know for a fact because I've heard him talking about that.
Speaker 2: That's what he's most proud of.
Speaker 4: He puts a lot of effort into writing that every week, and it's usually got comments that either get laughs or big applause lines. This one got almost no applause lines. What's he kind of mocks the crowd for and it was all about, Hey, progressives, what happened to we stand up for minorities? And it was all around the anti Semitism thing and using the example of how Jewish people getting beaten up and driven out of jobs, and jokes about him and everything like that, and nobody says anything, Hey, progressives, what's going on here? And the crowd just sat there silent, and you could tell he was a little rattled by that or angry about that would be a better way to look at it, Like he make a joke about, you know, basically the ridiculousness of overlooking anti Semitism. The crowd was silent, and he'd say, ha ha, but yeah, crowd wouldn't cool with laughing about that. The Jews deserved this is the only thing I could take from the crowd's reaction is reel deserves this.
Speaker 2: A large majority of people.
Speaker 1: And I remember how disturbed I was when I first learned in this, But it's absolutely true a lot of people, and I don't know the percentage they believe what they're told to believe. They say what they're told to say. They've been told to say over and over again that Israel is evil and Jews are you know Israel, And I've heard people say Jews are actually bad. So I'm going to sit here and I believe that having spent zero time looking into it or.
Speaker 2: Thinking about it. They're sheep sheeple.
Speaker 1: And those were a bunch of sheeple at the Bill Mahr taping who were shocked when the man was going against what they've been taught.
Speaker 2: They are supposed to believe because Trump's in favor of them, so right, so they must be bad. Different topic, before we take a bath. That's a sheep sound, of course it is.
Speaker 1: My animal noises are known far and wide for their accuracy. This is a sheep, I don't see. I don't need to say that. It is self evidently a sheep.
Speaker 4: My one of those toys if you remember that if you're old enough, from when I was a kid, somehow got out of adjustment. So the air would point two or the thing and it was it was all so I.
Speaker 2: Would point to a cow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hear right, right, So lifelong problem with my animal noise is the wrong thing. Surprised when an elephant doesn't bark, for instance. A different topic, These sorts of headlines drive me nuts. Thank god for the LA School District, and they were the first in the country to ban cell phones and people were shocked about the good results.
Speaker 2: Here's another one now New York City.
Speaker 4: New York City teachers say phone band in classrooms has caused jaw dropping change in students' attention.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 4: If you're surprised by this, you are by definition a moron, yes, or an.
Speaker 2: Idiot or something I don't even know what.
Speaker 4: Well. May fifteenth mark to one year since Governor Kathy hochel enacted a bellde belt ban on personal phones and public schools, impacting almost a million children in K through twelve schools across the state. Teachers who spoke to the New York Post all say the band has been an overwhelmingly positive impact on their schools. Do you think like Joeyceys, Imagine if back in the day, I'm gonna bring my television to school and then plug it into the cable and then sit here at my desk with the TV in my cable package?
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 4: And then when you take that out of the room, teachers say, oh my god, the results have been I was skeptical but the results have been very positive. Every kid has a television set. I think that the cell phone band has been remarkable. Doctor Jessica Chuck Goldman said, you have a PhD, and you I've been astounded by how much of the of a shift it has been. You got a PhD, and you're astounded that taking a the entirety of the Internet out of their hand while they're in the classroom ended up being a good thing. Okay, I can see why you have a PhD, because they're very.
Speaker 2: Cruse that stupid people get PhDs.
Speaker 4: Right there, Kids actually talk to each other in school now. They sit in the hallway, they engage, they laughed, they studied, play games. I actually saw a card game in the hall recently, which was jaw dropping. I've been working in schools now for twelve years. I've never seen that. It actually hurts my heart that we're allowing this to go on and people with PhDs are acting surprised at the positive result from taking the phones out of their hands at school.
Speaker 1: It's like your uber driver says, you know what I figured out today I should not steering on going oncoming traffic.
Speaker 2: It occurred to me that's a bad idea, and you'd be like, geez, wait what, well listen to this fat level of stupidity, good God or foolishness.
Speaker 4: As the school year comes to a close, teachers tell the Post that their students appear totally transformed.
Speaker 2: How's this news? Before the band?
Speaker 4: Eighth grade social studies teacher Michael Simmons said it felt like you could be in a classroom with twenty five students and still feel it like you're by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know that.
Speaker 4: Feeling when I'm around people who are staring at their phones. You're sitting in a classroom with a bunch of people staring at their phones.
Speaker 2: How what would you do to fix that problem?
Speaker 4: Well, let's a brainstorm here and see if there's anything that could forward.
Speaker 2: Spend one hundred million dollars on a study.
Speaker 4: But without the constant distraction of devices, he reports, kids are finally present again. Students used to get a vibration on their phones and they try to hide it. Now they have to pay attention what I'm saying. Yeah, I don't know what to say about this other than you know, don't be angry when it goes the right direction, I guess. But turns out those double yellow lines in the middle. You're supposed to stay on your side of it and not. It's like steer into a truck.
Speaker 1: I'm getting out now. I thought they were just random turns out their PhD.
Speaker 4: In dry h The fact that schools in my public school, they exist nearby, I don't know about everywhere in the audience, but the fact that school still allow cell phones in the classroom is astounding. The fact that that happens anywhere in the United States at all at this hour is stunning, and it just shows so weak people are. Parents, teachers, administrators, everybody. Everybody should be on the hook for being weak. Every parent should be at the school saying this is outrageous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree completely.
Speaker 4: I don't know what percentage of parents don't agree with that. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Now, there are gonna be a few days that your your kid is pissed off because they got the new Trump phone and they really want to be looking at it.
Speaker 4: I can hit you with some of the details, Abator, that'll never happen.
Speaker 2: Because they didn't get them. They didn't get them shipping today.
Speaker 4: According to the Trump people, it's just a coincidence that that story broke over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, more on the way, stay here.
Speaker 5: According to a senior official, President Trump keeps a letter in the resolute desk addressed to Vice President jd. Vance in the event he dies or is assassinated. The letter reads simply, I wish it had been you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So apparently Joe has mitigating circumstances for how awful this story looks for the Trump family.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, I don't well, you don't, you know, it's worse. What I've got makes it look worse.
Speaker 4: So Don Junior and Eric Trump last year, on the ten year anniversary of Trump announcing he was running for president, had a special commemorative Trump Phone that they released MAGA friendly alternative to Apple and Samsung. It was four hundred ninety nine dollars if you got in early on the promotional price, gold colored phone with patriotic branding, made in the USA, and it happened to be bundled with Trump Mobile Wireless, which is a forty seven dollars plan to fit in with the fact that he's a forty seven president.
Speaker 2: Bye blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Buyers could place a one hundred dollars deposit to pre order the phone. That was supposed to be available late summer, so it came out in June. In a couple of months, you would have your phone, and estimated almost six hundred thousand people did so, generating fifty nine million dollars in deposits for the phone. A year later, not a single phone is shipped at all. Nothing, And they've updated the terms on the website for the phone that you put your deposit on. No longer is it a deposit on a phone you will get. It's a conditional opportunity to buy a phone if the device is produced.
Speaker 2: That's what it says in the fine print.
Speaker 4: Oh my lord, you've made a deposit on a device that you will get if the device is produced, does not guarantee production or availability, and nothing about a refund, So your money just went away.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 4: Also, the hole made in the USA, which is appealing to a lot of people, shifted in the website. If you go there now it says designed with American values in mind.
Speaker 2: Why it's supposed to made in the USA.
Speaker 4: Now, this story broke over the weekend, got a lot of attention in a bunch of because it's it's it's the sort of thing that makes you say, oh my god, did you hear this?
Speaker 2: And so it got a lot of true.
Speaker 4: The Trump people announced that the pre order customers will start.
Speaker 2: Receiving a phone any day.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe that's true, but as of yet, nobody has received an actual phone.
Speaker 1: Well, although it is known now what the phone is, it is off the shelf. Rebrand of a device made by Wingtech called the Revel seven Pro five G was available at T Mobile for zero dollars when you sign up for their service. The seven Pro, by the way, was lace replaced by the eight Pro. Because this thing is over eighteen months old, right, one rates one tech writer. This is old stock that they bought to avoid a lawsuit.
Speaker 2: I love changing made in the USA to made with American values in mind.
Speaker 4: Wow, I don't see how it will come on. I don't care how big a Trump fan you are. I'm still a by far glad Trump beat Kamla not even close. Sure, but this is disgusting that a president of the United States, you know, and his kids are doing it. But they're they're trafficking on his dad. The reason it sells is because their dad, who's a ten year anniversary of him announcing blah blah, blah. I mean you're playing to your biggest fans and just plane flat out freaking ripping them off. I mean you're just a step past pushing them down and grabbing their wallet. At that point, bil can their bank accounts? Yeah, oh that's a week.
Speaker 2: And the one hundred dollars doesn't guarantee you'll even get a phone.
Speaker 4: It's a deposit on a perhaps phone that is overpriced to start with and by way not made in the USA, and a ty year later, and as we all know with phones, a phone a year later is completely different thing.
Speaker 1: And we're getting bad publicity. So we said, where can we find six hundred thousand phones? Just it doesn't matter what it is, just give me six hundred yell. Well, they've got this outdated model of this that Verizon gives away anyway.
Speaker 2: Get them, buy them. How weak is that? It's it's horrific, And like, you need fifty nine million dollars?
Speaker 4: Why why why have this sort of baggage out there that makes you look bad?
Speaker 2: For fifty nine million dollars? What does Donald J say about as followers? In private? We'll know someday I'll bet.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up one type per person. Don't waste them. Oh God, yes, thank you, Mayor settle down. There's enough for everyone.
Speaker 4: More I need more.
Speaker 2: That's it. Share them wisely. Here you go, clean syringes. Thanks Mayor ness be safe. There's more coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That men rops your teeth. You can't succeed without teach Thank you, Karen Bass. Remember Spencer Pratt won't do this for you. We appreciate.
Speaker 4: That's the latest AI created amazing ad against Mayor Bass from the Spencer Pratt people fans are just anybody's Several interesting things about that. One that audio of the mayor from last week Mayor Bass of la going around where she talked about why taxpayers need to fund dentistry for meth heads. They don't have teeth. Meth rots your teeth. You can't go out and get a job without teeth. What job can you get with no teeth? Oh, because they've taken meth for so long and continued to take it that they're now toothless. I'm on the hook for paying for their new teeth so that they can, in theory, get their act together and.
Speaker 2: Go out and get a job. That's quite the position. Anyway during your toothy privilege.
Speaker 4: Right anyway, So that ai AD is a mayor bass and it looks very real of her going around to all drug addict camps and handing out pipes and talking about dental care and stuff like that. But aside from the issues there, it's just the what what is this done for advertising political ads? And am I wrong that the main reason campaigns have had to raise money politicians have raised money all these years is so you have a war chest for running ads.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, if it turns into now you just need some creative people.
Speaker 2: They don't even need to work for you, just on your side.
Speaker 4: You could certainly hire a bunch of college guys or kids or girls or whatever for pretty cheap to put these ads together. Maybe that's the fix that we've all been wanting for a long time. Of you say outrageous things as an AOC or Marjorie Taylor Green, you raise more money than anybody else because of your Twitter followers, then you have a war chest to run ads. Maybe all that blows up when anybody can make a free ai AD And it's all just about coming up with a clever ad for free.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it will help. It will certainly take some of the air out of it. Because if you had just one or two really creative people, and hell, that's the same people might do your social media if they're really adept at that sort of thing, getting noticed, getting clicks, promoting you know, posts and.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could have a very small shop of people getting you an enormous amount of attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if we're there yet, but we're gonna end up there.
Speaker 4: So few people watch regular television, and certainly watch it in such a way that they sit there and watch commercials. Same with the radio industry into certain kinds of radio shows. But so if you can get a memorable commercial out there that reaches people, then what the hell difference does it make that your opponent has a two million dollar war chest to buy ads? Go ahead, buy as many ads as you want and put them on the evening news that nobody watches.
Speaker 2: What the hell difference is going to make?
Speaker 4: And I remember Chris Christy, this is several cycles ago when he ran for president. What year was that Trump's first term, I guess so twenty sixteen. I remember him talking about you know, people say money doesn't matter, and policy it does. If somebody puts up a piece about you and you don't have the money to fight back with the ads, you're doomed.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's true anymore.
Speaker 1: The longer we go, the truer what you're saying will be. Yeah, because remember, older folks will vote disproportionately, they actually show up at the polls. But that's we're sliding toward that having lessons with us.
Speaker 4: We're we're older people and I don't know about you, but I don't watch any TV where I sit and watch the commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're already older people.
Speaker 1: Well well yeah, uh, true enough, so let's talk about younger people. This is I'm going to quote Nelly Bowls and then move to something else. But did you hear about the episode between Jonathan Height, the Fabulous John Hight and New York University. He was invited to speak at the graduation and, as Nelly writes in an episode so validating, it almost feels made up. The NYU student government assembly, you should a statement opposing the selection of Jonathan heyde is the class of twenty twenty six commencements because of what they say is his quote disturbing rhetoric. They call this selection quote deeply unsettling. Now, height you might know from our show or just reading him or the stuff he writes for various publications, but he's the author of The Anxious Generation. Most recently, he has been a major figure in the move and to reduce screen time in childhood. He's also warned that shielding students from opinions they disagree with or even might find offensive is to their detriment. Well, here's what the NYU Student Government Assembly letter protesting him said.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Since the announcement on Thursday, April thirtieth, this is so good. Many students have reported feelings of disappointment, discussed unenthusiasm, defeat, and embarrassment.
Speaker 4: First of all, before you even go further, I didn't attend my college graduation.
Speaker 2: To my shame. I've told that story before.
Speaker 4: But if I had gone, I'm not sure I would even have looked up who spoke? Does that matter that that many people who speaks at the graduation? Is that something that's on your mind for everybody?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's either something that wow, that was cool, I'm a little fired up, or it was just glad that's over.
Speaker 2: And then you go on with your freaking life.
Speaker 1: Any But that's claiming offense, though, is how you get power. Remember that's what all of this is about. But anyway, I love that list. Since the announcement, many students have reported feelings of disappointment, discussed unenthusiasm, defeat, and embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Boy put enough about my mourning.
Speaker 4: Boy, You wouldn't want to have to go to a graduation and feel a lack of enthusiasm. Unenthusiasm graduation I've ever been to in my life, feeling that their commencement intended to be a celebratory moment is instead become another instance of being misunderstood.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Indeed, as Nelly points out, his graduation speech spewed such vile bigotry as what you pay attention to shapes what you care about, and what you care about shapes who you become.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, shield me from those horrors.
Speaker 1: It included other deeply disturbing lines, like from a poem by Mary Oliver, pay attention, be astonished, tell about it. Students booed, hold on, now, why do they boo?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Is this person?
Speaker 4: No boot everything he said, practically, but is that person? A lot of known for being a Trump voter. I don't know, Mary Oliver, but I love I.
Speaker 2: Love what what Nelly Bull says.
Speaker 4: How do you boo that?
Speaker 2: And I stand with them?
Speaker 1: Why? Because it's enough already, John Height, your book was on the bestseller list for what a billion weeks? Actually one hundred and six weeks, one hundred and six weeks. When I think about that fact and your literary success, well, John, I also report feelings of unenthusiasm and defeat. But Alicia Finley, the genius of the Wall Street Journal editorial board, she mentioned she's talking about the same thing, among other similar happenings in at trenching critique of higher education, the Coddling of the American Mind, which came out in twenty eighteen's fabulous book Get It It's It's.
Speaker 2: More relevant than ever.
Speaker 1: Jonathan Height and Greg Lukianoff, another friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, argued that academia's efforts to shield young people from discomfort and challenges was producing a generation of bubble kids. They took aim at campus cancel, culture, identity, politics, and safe spaces, and then, of course New York University students lent their support to their thesis this month by demanding that the school canceled their invitation blah blah blah, because, wait for it, they found his opinions unsettling. Keeping mind though, the activists, when you're talking about the postmodernists or neo Marxist, whatever you want to call them, the woke crowd, there is virtually nothing that they say, this is the reason you must do this that sincere. They don't want to uninvite anybody who disagrees with the woke culture because they're actually unsettled. They want them silenced, period. They make these quasi moral arguments that are completely insincere. Student Government Committee wrote that mister Height had quote promoted disturbing rhetoric around anti racism, social justice, and diversity, equity and inclusion, claiming that the abolition of DADI may be the only way out of the leftist ideological capture of American campuses. That's deeply unsettling and clearly undermines the university's stated values. Height is one hundred percent right, then they get into the unenthusiasm and defeat feeling. Oh, the perhaps administrators invited mister Height because they understood the student so well he delivered his speech Thursday to jeers and a walkout, exhorting grads to quote, turn their attention toward doing hard things, invoking philosophers and songwriters. Unbelievable, and then they actually the title of her pieces is the age of college coddling coming to an end or coming to a close, because New York University, of all places, ignored the students and had Jonathan Heights show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Talk's amazing to me is that that he actually spoke there. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She talks about how Cornell they had that debate on the Israel Palestine conflict and a bunch of students and activists surrounded the president of the university's car and one got bumped and claimed to be injured. And then we've got to fire them. We've got to fire them, but the university has stood by.
Speaker 2: The president said, no, you guys are the problem.
Speaker 1: Last week, Princeton scrapped their one hundred and thirty three year old tradition. We talked about this that allowed students to take exams unsupervised if they signed a pledge that they didn't cheat. The votes followed a student survey in which a third of seniors admitted having cheated on an assignment or an exam. Peace universities are trying to replace broken windows and repair their damaged reputations, including the great inflation thing at Yale and Harvard.
Speaker 2: It's good, good, So let's get on.
Speaker 4: You know, I think we're starting to see a breakdown between the student body of these universities. And I don't know what. I know what's going on here because we played a clip last week. I don't know if you're here for that or not, in which whoever was given the speech mentioned Ai and everybody booed whatever that was about.
Speaker 2: And now here we've got the.
Speaker 4: Former Google executive giving a commencement speech at Arizona and got booed.
Speaker 2: Let's hear this every.
Speaker 6: Profession, every classroom, every hospital, every laboratory, every person, and every relationship you have. I know what many of you are feeling about that. I can hear you, hear you.
Speaker 2: There is a fear. There is a fear.
Speaker 6: Generation yet, that the future has already been written, that the machines.
Speaker 2: Are coming, that the jobs are.
Speaker 6: Evaporating, that the climate is breaking, that politics is fractured, and that you are inheriting a mess that you did not create. And I understand that.
Speaker 1: Here I can just hear their disappointment discussed on enthusiasm, defeat, and embarrassment.
Speaker 2: There might be something going on.
Speaker 4: There's been something going on in the world of the you know, higher education for a very very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder if students are just maybe maybe everybody is starting to hear the chatter of this is a waste of time and money. This degree is got going to do any good. They're charging you wait too much for this, You're not actually learning anything.
Speaker 2: I wonder.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that's seeping into people and they're just kind of angry as they head out the door.
Speaker 1: Well, they're angry and doctrinated into a monog culture.
Speaker 2: What a weird situation. Here's another clip we played this last week.
Speaker 4: The rise of artificial intelligence is the next Industrial Revolution? Doesn't bother at all? This is something very different. Yeah, but it's it's kind of interesting though. Uh, it's an interesting just an unhappy student body about the state of the world.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So guy who wrote the book saying don't coddle students. The students are upset that he's going to come and not coddle them again.
Speaker 2: It's as if it is made up.
Speaker 4: I feel like, though you get that entire crowd there at the University of Arizona, what percentage of people there got banged for their buck and their degree? Maybe some of the engineer science kids make science people, Yeah, and that'd be it. Everybody else paid way too much for not much information. According to all studies. It's wild that we have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the applied degrees are still pretty good, although there's so much great inflation.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't.
Speaker 1: I mean you as anybody who's ever done anything difficult knows, whether it's the military or sports, or an academic discipline or music or whatever. If you give people very low expectations, they will rise to those.
Speaker 2: And not much above.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, even the accountant sell bet are a lot worse at accountant accounting than they were twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about the world's most pompous man. On the way out the door, we will finish strong next. PEB announced that this year's World Cup Final will have a halftime show featuring Madonna, Shakira and BTS, which is being described as something for every one to dislike.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 4: The BTS. People don't want to see Madonna and the Madonna. People don't want to see bts and most people don't want to see any of them.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Roger.
Speaker 1: Goodell probably gets that in a gathering like mine, people love to hate it.
Speaker 2: Ah. That's where Yeah, that could be. That absolutely could be.
Speaker 4: I thought about grabbing audio from sixty Minutes last night, but this is mostly a visual and it was the third story. If you did or didn't watch sixty Minutes, they often do like kind of an entertainment thing for their last story.
Speaker 2: This is a pretty decent one. I actually watched it.
Speaker 4: It was about the new movie The Odyssey, which is coming out in a few weeks. Christopher Nolan, who's done some of the great giant screen epic sort of things he did Oppenheimer. If you saw that taking on the Odyssey three thousand year old, maybe the first great story ever told in world history, and he was featured on it last night. I thought it was kind of interesting. I'm not buying Matt Damon as the lead though. That that really disappoints me. I just don't think he's got the whatever it is to be that guy, and he.
Speaker 2: Just can't picture it anyway.
Speaker 4: Scott Pelly did the interview, and I was watching that and thinking he is the most pompous human being in the world. Maybe he's ever lived his style. That's why I said I didn't grab audio. It's the way he talks. We do you think that? But the way he leans back in his tight shirt with his big arms and his glasses in his mouth and head cocked, and the way it's just he.
Speaker 2: Is so pompous.
Speaker 4: He's like a Saturday Night Live caricature of that sort of person.
Speaker 2: He's so over the top with his pomposity. It's just it's hard to take. Yeah, what a slow talker.
Speaker 4: Can imagine being around somebody like that, To talk to that all the time, Jesus take it down a notch.
Speaker 2: Captain wonderful. Oh, he's hard to take.
Speaker 3: Jacky Clock kiss time Stop, Jack and Joe Live, God go And if they don't give Candy'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: APPRE'SI your host for final thoughts, Joe Kenny.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody and the crew to wrap up the show for the day. There he is pressing the buttons in the control room. Michelangelo Michael, which final thought this past weekend? I did absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: I literally sat down on the couch and just watched television.
Speaker 2: I actually felt shame this morning getting up. I got nothing done.
Speaker 4: Shame.
Speaker 2: Jack Funnel thought, Yeah, I'll pick up on that.
Speaker 4: I think Katie Green, who's not here with her new baby, could probably relate to this. Michael, I can't even imagine that for an afternoon, let alone for a whole weekend of having nothing to do in doing nothing. Oh my god, it's been a long time since I've done that.
Speaker 1: Hearkening back to the Trump thought own story, I'm going to seed my final thought to old friend of mine and of the show's Dave, who says, I swear on my Trump Bible. Your trump phone is on its way.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Oh and if you're not happy with it, try to chase me down in your Trump shoes.
Speaker 2: By using all the knowledge from Trump University.
Speaker 4: Right, you can try to assume me with the law degree you got at Trump University. Oh my god, that Trump phone thing isn't like the most over the top thing you've done.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh my what you saying? So armstrong? You getty wrabbing up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people are thank so little time go to Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hotlings, for the swag, the ang superstar. We're working on a new T shirt that says socialism sucks.
Speaker 2: Wear that around, make a statement. Demn it. We gotta fight back against these commies. Yeah, I do like that.
Speaker 4: I'll wear a Trump Socialism Sucks T shirt. Absolutely, we'll see tomorrow. God bless America. The people in charge of this country do not love.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 6: This is a crisis Sandwich and everyone knows that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Let me say. Let me say one thing. Happy birthday Grandpa happened? I said, oh great, Thick, the dramatics could come down just a little bit. Don't you oppress me. Those are the rules. Those are the rules. Now by that high note. Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty.