Speaker 1: I quickly brought out my two little hairsprays for Jillian too, like spray, I like, look down in my bag, I tampon's in there. I'm like perfect, tighten it. I like Dak rat like, come on, HiT's all crazy. Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Ladies and Gentlemen.
Speaker 3: It is our first episode of what is officially the start of the season. My gal literally just got off a plane from Dallas with her sit down interview with Dak Prescott. You've got the Cowboys Browns this Sunday in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a great game. Great, I mean, it's gonna be a frigging great game. Also, can we just talk about Okay, we're gonna get into all the things the start of the season football where you are recording this podcast on Tuesday. The season officially kicks off on Thursday between the Ravens in Kansas City. And I was watching Good Morning for You this morning and just like all of you know, their early predictions for each winner of the division, and then super Bowl predictions and all these things, and it's like it's so fun before the season starts, where it's like you get to prognosticate and all the things that might happen, and then, like as we saw poor Aaron Rodgers last year, the first four plays into the season, your entire world everything changes. So it's like I pray as I'm knocking on what I pray for the health of all these guys. But it is everything is predicated on health, and right now is like this like pre Christmas feeling where everyone's so excited and they're ready to just get things started. But I'm like, please, just everyone stay healthy. Like I mean, it's not realistic forever, but like, just make it through week one of these things. So you're going to be in Cleveland Thursday night. Football for us asn't start until next week. We're in Miami, but I've got our Sunday show, which I'm excited about. The whole cruise back Julian Charles, Michael Fick and myself and Peter Schreger.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're here, girl, we are here here.
Speaker 1: I looked at Constance on Sunday as we were coming back from Montana and I just said, con and she said what, And I said, it's over.
Speaker 2: Summer's over. It's over.
Speaker 1: It's over. Grab your backpack. It's time to take that first day of school picture. Did your parents make you stand in front of the door and take the picture?
Speaker 2: No? A little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have an insane you know what, Ryan, remind me, I'll send you this picture of me and these George They're not George what like? No, they were like not Capri's, but they went right to my knees.
Speaker 2: Poor thing.
Speaker 1: Those are georts. Well, jean shorts are George, but like, yeah, these aren't them. I don't know what they were about her, poor thing. I was like, you know, as I should be, like, you know, flat as a board, and just like I was a long, lanky little bean pole. Yeah wait with sideburns. Excuse weird bangs that started like back here. I still have weird banks. Chemical How about when why did why did our parents our mothers think that it was okay to cut banks? And then they kept getting further and further back to the point where it was like your whole forehead, half of my childhood.
Speaker 2: My banks just started from here and went forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also had like the hairriest legs and arms and it was like black hair.
Speaker 2: No, Ryan says, were they muted shorts? No? They weren't. They were mute.
Speaker 1: I still can't believe that you know, you were conceived in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: For those of you that missed that show, Aaron knows when.
Speaker 1: She was conceived, which is really impressive, gross and different. No, I don't think it's gross. My dad was just visiting for the past week. I was up at the ranch trying to get stuff done. And when Scott Thompson says he's going to come into town and help with the project, I take full advantage of that. And so he was telling a story about him and my mom on a trip they went on, and I was like, that's too much information. It's like, what point did we get comfortable talking about all of that? Like, I love that you and mom are still passionate, but I don't need to know what happened on the cruise ship to Fiji.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 1: Anyway, how was the trip with your dad so so good? Scott's just such a dream And I'm so happy that Steve and him, Like I didn't even see my dad. My dad really like five straight days was out working with Steve and they just built this like retaining wall thing for this realm pin that I want Mike to live out my equestrian dreams. And this was no small task, ladies and gentlemen, as they're like hauling these like huge railroad ties. But it looks great and I was so appreciative. But I just my dad is really and I know you feel the same way about your dad. I just am so grateful for that relationship that I have with him, and I know and I do not take for granted getting to even though he was working, we did have a couple of days that flanked either side of the workdays to actually like be in the car and drive up to the ranch or then when he came back to LA and he was here, and I don't know, it's just like he's just so wise and like everything he says, it's like I just take and put in my like little toolbox of life. And he's always trying to keep things in perspective. And so I was like, God, I gotta go back to work and I to do this. And I'm not that I was complaining, but I was like, to your point about like sad, summer's over.
Speaker 2: And he goes, how the fuck you think you're gonna pay for all this shit?
Speaker 1: And I was like, yep, there we go, I was like, grab that brea and go right back to work. But he's rights. He has a very simplistic way of humbling me on a lot of things, and I need that. And I don't know if you feel like actually I know you feel like this. I still do everything to make like with this in mind that I want my parents to be proud of me, Like I want them to be like, oh my god, we're so proud that you did this.
Speaker 2: They're proud that you.
Speaker 1: Did that, And I think that that's such a great internal motivation for me. So to answer your questions sucincly, time with my father is always appreciated.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: Kind of moved into a different phase of my life obviously with Mac. And my sister was great enough to stay at our house this weekend to look after our dog while we went away for like a day and a half to Montana, and my dad really and both my parents love facetiming Mac. My sister, you know, was facetiming NonStop. Well, Mac has really taken a love and obsession for Elmo.
Speaker 2: Like I get it.
Speaker 1: The Elmo obsession is real. He sits there and we try not to turn the TV on way too much. Weird, says the mother that that's where she makes her living. But I'm like, good learning football. We're freaking watching it. Come on coverage.
Speaker 2: We got it on. This is Uncle Peter.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say exactly so, but yeah, he just mouth opened watching it. And I grew up on Sesame Street. By the way, I'd love to make an appearance on Sesame Street. I would love to do one thing with like cooking, moon starts or sports, and like do it with Mac.
Speaker 2: It'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: So my he's obsessed with Elmo and my dad while we were gone, was said to my sister, Hey, a little something something is coming, make sure you grab it. It was an Elmo Mac freaked out. My dad asked to be on FaceTime. When he opened it, it was like a whole moment. I'll send you the pictures, like my dad, you can just see you know, like just over. That's my dad's joy right now, even though he gets joy on Sundays when I like text him and I'm like, Dad, how do I phrase this? This is a grandma really, it's so you and like and then to see your because I had the opposite conversation with my dad when my dad and Steve were in the hot tub. We my dad's very aware of like where I'm at with the kid thing, and he's like, yeah, no, you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have a kid, like the dogs really all the animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, curse that you're at such a great place in your life and everything, Like you're finally like you're consistent. We haven't seen you in this place before, right, And so he's like look, and he also, you know, leave it to him. He's like, you know, and you're also selfish, like you want to get up and go, and you and Steve want to go do these things and you can't do that. I mean, I don't need to tell you how much your life changes. But anyways, not to get back on that soapbox, but it is fun. I remember my dad had a great quote one time. It was like his I don't know, he's got like six grandkids or seven, and he was like, if I would have known how great being a grandparent was, I would have.
Speaker 2: Never been a father.
Speaker 1: It's like they get to come in and have all the fun, but they don't have all the responsibility of parents.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: I love seeing your dad with Mac. It's really in your mom too. It's just really sweet. Also, sorry, I'm on my mac kick real quick. He's when the Kendra picture like he knows how to give a kiss now, No, come on. I was so jealous and I was like I want to be there. He's so cute. We had him in the car that you and Steve got him for his birthday two days ago, and we were, you know, having him go around the neighborhood, and Jared per you know, of course, and let us know if your guys are like this as well, does not read the instruction, No throws. The kid in the car is doing the remote control, and every time he stops it's like this, he just it's like you know where you stop quickly in a car. And then I was like, god, we gotta like slow down like you're going fast. He doesn't have a neck brace on or a helmet. And finally when we took him out, Jared's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh you stop it like this like a break kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And it's like, hey, before you put your kid behind the wheel driving himself in a Mercedes at fourteen months, read the instructions.
Speaker 4: My man, ess, this is so cute.
Speaker 1: So you got your last little Hurrah in though of time in Montana, which is great.
Speaker 2: How was the weather so nice?
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, gorgeous like his seventies during the day, fifties at night.
Speaker 2: Really good time.
Speaker 1: We went to go see where we live was hosting the Doobie Brothers. Oh fine, to be honest with you, yeah, my d Michael, my daughter. He's saying, oh my god, that boy for good. No, no, the street god, Michael McDonald so good. He was behind the piano doing his thing. Yeah, it was a good time. It was fine. It was a little quick. I'm I didn't even know you were there. That's I don't like not knowing. I don't like finding out where you are on an instant story. Well, I would have invited you, but I thought you were godlined for several days. This is where we need to forget to find my iPhone. I need to find you. I need my friend exactly. So we are about to start well obviously we keep talking about it. We're about to start this season and I'm really good. What I would text you this anyways? Do you want to come over for an ivy tomorrow? Yeah? What time?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll do it when you want to do it, but I like getting a little okay for the season. Tell me when our friend Ryan Rossillo has a very large boat that he would never brag about.
Speaker 2: But oh yes.
Speaker 1: You can come out in the afternoon if you want. This has taken us out for a little cruise because I'm trying to manufacture something fun and I haven't seen Ryan forever and he's just the best. Anyways, We're going just for a little quick sale in the marina, but then I'll hop on over. You come get any right. It's adorable. I love making plans on the podcast. This all works out perfect. This is what's been happening. Our lives are too busy that we have to make plans when we jump on here. Fine.
Speaker 2: Great, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh side note, as I was running eron today and getting a bunch of things done off my to do list, I'm.
Speaker 2: Again Pumpkin is already back.
Speaker 1: This must be the earliest that it's ever been. I don't recall a time before Labor Day where I was able to get pumpkin. I mean, I know Labor Day is over, but as you would recall, I was a real pumpkin hater until I tried. Because you didn't like the way you try it?
Speaker 2: H yep, yep, do you go there?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But it's I'm I can't say I'm mad at it though, even though I feel like it's a little early. Here's what I don't need. I don't need the Halloween shit already out, okay.
Speaker 2: Like people, and how are we doing?
Speaker 1: I'm already stressing about max costume. Yes, okay, it doesn't need to be out on streets. But I gotta get this done because before you know what, it's October first, and then I'm a shitty mom, which we all know I am.
Speaker 2: Well, you haven't get you better knock it off right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna allow you to say that Halloween's October thirty first, So what is this Halloween hysteria? Like?
Speaker 2: I love Halloween, although.
Speaker 1: One year I forgot that it was Halloween and I came home and it was when I was living on the Venice Canals, so there's a lot of traffic in that area, and.
Speaker 2: I the hell's going on tonight?
Speaker 1: Literally, I was like, why there's so many people on these paths? And then I was like, oh shit, it's Halloween. I didn't have time to go to the store, so ding dong ding. He gave out money. No, well, they would have loved that. I gave out yogurt. I had so much yogurt in the fridge and I was like, we promote healthy eating giving the key line pie you play that.
Speaker 2: They hated me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Needless to say, we turned the lights off real quick in that house. Yeah, pulled the shades down. We're out of six yogurt. When we got strawberry left, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I love Halloween. I just don't understand, like why we have to start it early. When I was in Home Goods even two weeks ago, we had Halloween shit everywhere and I was like, it is August, middle of August, and we have Halloween stuff out. If anyone has a suggestion, I think the front runner in the house is Sasame Street. I think Mackie, maybe Elmo and Daddy's gonna be Cookie Monster, and Ken and I may be Burton Ernie. Ideas where I could Steve, You're gonna be big bird. Steve's gonna be big bird, and I'll be I'll be Or was the guy in the garbage can the rouch don't tempt us with a good time and it doesn't have to be Halloween. I mean, seriously, God, today, our producer Spoon who you know, for Thursday Night Football, we were on our text chain. He's like, hey, are you guys down to do go kart rides in Miami? And everyone immediately rights back yes.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, I know. I just that group is so fun.
Speaker 1: You guys are so fun. I love it so much. Just how much you enjoy being together. You were showing me your karaoke night that you did at the end of the season together. Shout out to Toby Gonzalez. Oh my god, this girl she I was with them on Sunday actually, and Toby's in the pool like singing, like it was like a full on concert, and Steve had never heard her sing before. He goes forget uh something, he said something about like something she was going to be on. He's like, your voice, Toby Gonzalez has one of the best voices ever Tony's wife And not to mention, she's got the bado and the face and everything else to do with it, and that real hair of hers. Yeah, here's the thing. Your hair is really long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but this is this is you have a few clippings, but not a lot I got. I went to Dallas. I have all all in. Come on now cool. Found a new girl in Dallas. Four hair.
Speaker 1: If you need anyone, great, well, then brings it with the ben K girl.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, bend and snap looks great? Oh great? What else was I going to tell you?
Speaker 1: Hey? Speaking of football, I'm sitting here on site. I like to venture to Trent Williams got his deal done. Brandon Nayuk all is right in the San Francisco forty nine er camp.
Speaker 2: Wow, except for what happened last week prime ease.
Speaker 1: I won't even go down that rappito craziness that I'm okay, yeah, wow, d Hey, you know what I meant to ask you. This is like a phone conversation we would have. Did you watch lsu usc I did not watch. She was crazy, I was, I was. I'm really trying to get in the rest of my sure off season. That just cocktails consumed and this group at the pool we did not get out of the pool.
Speaker 2: It was a pool cartay. I knowing about this.
Speaker 1: I know. It was just it was a great time and there was too many frozes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be consumed. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really fun. So I never I never made to that, although I did. Catching up with Rousseillo today find out that he would and he had an even better time than anyone. This guy was out of control. So he'll fill you in on the yacht. One of my favorite things about football. I mean, I can't really do it. You guys can in the studio, but when you're sitting with people and you're watching a game and a big catch happens and people were like, whoa. That's how I felt like we were that fourth quarter of the uic LSU game. Yeah, it's it's all happening.
Speaker 2: I'm just excited. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: We've had enough conversation about the off season. I'm ready to get back to work. Like I said on Free Game, I woke up this morning and I was like, do you ever have that feeling when you like, I don't know if you were like this as a kid, Like you knew the vacation's coming to an end. So it's like I just wanted to be I wanted to be over with and I want to like get a jump start on it. Like yesterday, I even felt like halfway through the day I was gonna be like, Oh, I'm gonna just do nothing at Slabor Day. No. Halfway through the day, I took a shower, I started doing a bunch of stuff because I was like, at least then I get a jumpstart on all the things so that I'm not depressed this morning.
Speaker 2: And my to do list is kicking. I'm on a roll. No one's stopping me now.
Speaker 1: I just waited at UPS for the last hour to mail out shit that I should have had mailed out a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just cranking.
Speaker 1: Through the list because here's what's going to happen. And I don't know if you guys feel like this, I will. I'm not an anxiety person, but I will get stressed out and upset, and then I become irritable and annoyed if I don't take the necessary precautions before I get like really busy, Like, let me just get things off the to do list and feel very bless you, very productive. I'm annoyed right now by the light in my room. It's really not hitting me in the right When that happened. Have you started prepping? Yeah, I like notebook and all my stuff is over there. I've got my highlighters, like I'm in that mode. And then I go back to my old school stand by place. Shout out to Jarrett Klein, my sweet research Sere, my sweet Jarett. He always puts together this notebook and I just like it has all the previews, and I mark it up and I highlight and it's just all of the stuff, and I feel like I'm going back to school, and it makes me very happy.
Speaker 2: So that is what's going on in my neck of the woods.
Speaker 1: So I was on the plane yesterday to Dallas, and I started just the whole time just doing the full blown what I usually do is I take the roster and I start googling every single guy and I'll go back months in advance to see like articles that I haven't missed.
Speaker 2: Especially We've got to talk about this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't mean to waste a storyline that I'm going to talk about on Saturday Sunday. But the Cowboys have two rookies that are going to start on their offensive line, you know, only important positions here left tackle and center. Can I just talk about their adorable center that they have Cooper beb Okay, this kid never played center before. He was a guard in college, and I started googling him to see like when it started clicking, what was happening. They have footage up on the internet of his mom standing there being Dak going here we go and him snapping the ball in and he just hits different now because it's so sweet in the backyard here we go. Yeah, that wasn't good at all. I can't take it. It was so adorable. I do love that his mom spends her lunch breaks playing quarterback while he practices snapping the ball.
Speaker 2: Come on, great, this and.
Speaker 1: This is I mean, it's one of many reasons we love sports, but just those stories and I always think about even when I'm watching Hard Knocks, where it's like and you know, obviously not everybody makes the team and like the heartbreak that comes with it.
Speaker 2: It's like the highs and the lows of.
Speaker 1: All of these different storylines, is you know, or you know backstories of these kids and how they get there and all they are kids more old now, but sold I was talking about that with Dak today. We it's year nine for him. I was just going to say, what he's got to be ten nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you nine?
Speaker 1: And I was saying to him, which makes me feel old as dog. But I remember being at my first production meeting with him at the Star and we're in the room and Troy's on our crew at that point, and he walks in and introduces himself to Troy Aikman, and it was so cool and it just like this light. But what I thought was really cool about it is you, I hoped. And I didn't know anything about Dak that he would know, and not that Troy needs this, but to kiss the ring, you know, and just be like it's an honor, it's the pleasure. And we are so lucky because we get to know these guys on a one on one basis, and Dak is so perfect in situations like that. His manners is just the way he respects people, He gives them a minute, and I just I fell in love with him from that day on. But yeah, I just was just saying, you know, year nine, what does it look like for you? How much older do you feel in your nine? But I was telling you guys kind of off off camera that there's a different edge to Dak this year. He's had a baby. You know, they're trying to figure out the contract situation. Postseason is very much a topic obviously in the media in everywhere. When you talk about the Dallas Cowboys, the lack of success there, I kind of love it. He is, like to describe it, what was it? I don't want to say he's pissy, because he's not dat. I don't know Dak to be pissy. But he's kind of just got this like little fuck everyone edge, little chip and look, he's always had that his entire life. Listen, Dak has been through a ton of adversity and his life a lot of it very unfair that I don't think a kid or anyone should have to deal with. And he's handled it so well. But yeah, he's got he's a little rough now and I love it. And he said that he's like it's time, like I want to win a Super Bowl. I need to win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Real, that's there's only a few.
Speaker 1: I mean, you talk about being a quarterback in New York, you talk about being a quarterback in Dallas. There's certain positions that you know, the quarterback already is going to elicit a ton you know, you get all of the praise and then you get all of the you know, nay sayers, whatever, But that position being a quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, like.
Speaker 2: You have to win.
Speaker 1: Like there comes a point now where it's like, and you know, imagine hearing that over and over. Let's just talk about like if we put that on us right whatever year we're in, it's like, let's say we had never gotten to that next set, whatever that might be. It's like, yeah, yeah, but you haven't gotten there. And it's like, imagine starting your season every year with this, Like so the only way to shut him up is to do it. So I imagine that that chip is on his shoulder at this point, is on his both shoulders, on his back, on us everywhere, because and he had talked about, you know, I had so much success individually last year, and then he felt like he didn't play like the way he wanted to in the postseason.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I take blame for that.
Speaker 1: I take you know, I take that all and think about it in the off season and in the regular season. And he didn't say it this way because I need to go back and listen to the interview. After we do those sit down interviews. I don't know about you, but I go back and I listen to the transcript and or I'll read it because I use some of that for the notes for my game. But even shared that with each other on those things too, because I think it's good because a lot of stuff you have to remember, you know, for people that don't know you get to sit down with these individuals. Sometimes I'll let you sit down for thirty, you know, forty minutes depending on the individual, and it's like only two minutes make it into a feature. Two and a half minutes if you're lucky. So yeah, there's a lot of stuff there. Yeah, but I don't, like I said, I don't want to misquote him, and because lord knows what the media does with that, but I just feel like he's a little he's a little pissed. And I'm not saying that he said he was or acting. No no, no, no, no no, you just can't edge Like, Yeah, he is one of the sweetest guys and he just always makes time for everybody, and I'm beyond grateful for that. I've known him since he was an absolute baby in this league, and I'm just beyond grateful for how accessible he is. Yeah, that's refreshing, and that's why you also root for guys like that when people ask me like, oh, what teams do you root for? I'm like, I don't root for team. I mean I from Seattle. I'm always going to want my hometown team to do well because it's so good for the city and it's you know, it's just pride and like where you're from. But at this point, you know, you root for individuals because, like you said, you've either covered them for so long, or you know somebody like Dak it's a really good person and you want someone like that to have success. But I was spraying my hairspray today as I was waiting for him to come out to add a little texture, and I think I did too much, and like just this fog like came up, like of all this like hairspray, and I wanted to do thunderstruck so bad because we were sitting at the practice field all by ourselves with this light on two chairs. Oh god, and that I mean right where they taped the yeah, the rehearsal.
Speaker 2: O god, it was so good. I just felt like I even asked dec I go, did you watch any of it?
Speaker 1: Because I was like I was living for it.
Speaker 2: It's so great. I listen.
Speaker 1: I know people love to hate the Dallas Cowboys. I enjoy my time in Dallas. I love the hoops.
Speaker 2: Half your season, Rell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm staying at the Star last night, not actually at the Star, but at the hotel right by it because we got in late. We're going there early. What's the point of going downtown? And it's like you open up your window and there it is, like Jerry's base is on the billboard, there's a I'm like, this is It's the Magic Kingdom of the NFL.
Speaker 2: It is Bananas.
Speaker 1: Day. I felt like I was at the Magic Kingdom. And I don't even like Disneyland.
Speaker 2: I got the cutest box.
Speaker 1: I'm in a brag for a second about my friend. I have fixed my stupids of clothes from my dearest. You're a Sindiraid. No, no, you knock it off. This is my turn to talk real quick. I'm so proud of Aaron for everything that she's done. It where and Lauren and everybody that works with you and for you on this concert, you guys' idea and every year I just keep marveling at how.
Speaker 2: I open this up.
Speaker 1: Steve Goes, I want to do the unboxing. He like had a whole like commentary for it. I was like, okay, just relax, but I want it for those of you that can see. And if you can't see, let me narrate. This is a lettermans jacket with you like that one white sleeves.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable, you guys.
Speaker 1: And let me just tell you because I posted this on my story, can I tell you how many people and I'm not you know how people like well, people have been asking okay, show me all the people.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you all the people.
Speaker 1: I have so many messages that are like where can I get that? Oh my god, that's perfect, like because all this stuff is so great. Look at her her new twenty twenty four gear.
Speaker 2: Guys, look at this. You're very sweet.
Speaker 1: And I'm just going to tell you I live in this stuff because you don't. You want to be team neutral, right, you know when you're covering l and you're in meetings. But I live in this stuff every Sunday, every Thursday.
Speaker 2: I just love it.
Speaker 1: And I'm so proud of you and it's you should just you know, I know it's this stuff.
Speaker 2: Doesn't just happen.
Speaker 1: This is a lot of meetings and a lot of time and energy, and you just have put out such a beautiful product and I'm really really proud of you. Do you know how many compliments I'm going to get on all my list?
Speaker 2: Where to god it is so it's such good stuff and I just think it's a good.
Speaker 1: Where by Aaron Andrews. What year are we going into for this? By the way, I think we're five or six. We launched it night so good, so how many years?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's a really good our line for next.
Speaker 1: Year because we just had to go through all that and it was done all in seahawks and it's really cool.
Speaker 2: I'm like my very excited about it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and your bibble bar collab, I don't know. I just I really don't think. I was thinking about yesterday as I was opening and opening it, and just like it takes a lot of work and effort and behind the scenes to this have this.
Speaker 2: Stuff come to fruition.
Speaker 1: And I never overlooked the fact that the NFL logo they're not giving this out to anyone goals, So go get your war by Aaron Andrews. Gear, I love you, thank you so much. You model it very very well and we're grateful for you about my god kidding me, I'm obsessed with it. So we uh, we're here, let's here. Also, what I want to do too, opening up to the listeners, the viewers, whatever, is I want to know what you guys want to hear during the season, because I think sometimes we forget granted we do, like do you want to know? This may sound stupid, but I also like knowing what other like the packing situation, like the prep situation. Like here today, I was like, because.
Speaker 2: I'm doing my own so styling this year. We all know why.
Speaker 1: So I'm going through like trying to figure out different looks, and Shopop has been amazing, so I'm doing some stuff with them. But just it's you know, like I love to think you Yeah, they're incredible. It's really a good idea. Yeah, so really excited about the partnership with them. And there's an exemple, but just like trying to think about like, okay, weather, so Miami's week one, but then it's like we could rain and all this stuff I may see trivial, but all these things matter because, as you've taught me, pack a whole bunch of options. You're so good to even send them ahead of time. But yeah, I would love just some feedback from our wonderful listeners, like what do you want to know or prep Like I record NFL Live, I record good.
Speaker 2: Let you know that I record all these different shows.
Speaker 1: So then that way, when I'm prepping for the week, I can go back and listen to just different things that are said. Yeah, I don't know what do you guys care about? What do you want to hear as it pertains to our profession or And I have two suggestions for you as somebody that just went out on the road twice for our practice game, Well you did that too, so you're fine. And also yesterday I forgot my eye drops. I forgot hello eye drops. I forgot my IFB for the practice game. Don't forget that shit. And then what else did I think? Oh my freaking I always have the same little like folder things. So I left out at home like I brought a new bag. I didn't bring my backpack and all that stuff, my little cheesy backpack. So yeah, just go over your packing list. You know what I invested in this ship, and I've already put it to you, is because I'm the Queen of leaving chargers.
Speaker 2: I have one of your chargers. I have one. I got to get back to you. That's okay.
Speaker 1: But I I'm someone that if I have a place for it, then I'm really good about putting it back in its place. So I bought a tech pack thing, this cute little Toomey tech pack, and it has a place for headphones, it has a place for chargers, and then that way because I leave chargers on airplanes because you can plug them in and then all of a sudden you get up and you're doing the pit crew. Everyone's the pressure of getting out of the seat and whatever. So now I'm trying to be diligent about putting all that stuff away as we're on our descent and just like having a plane and everything and this all falls to shit and goes a shit come week six. But like at least I'm trying to go into the season with a little bit more organization because I get mad at myself for wasting money headphones, chargers, all this kind of stuff, or like I'm scrambling looking for a pen, like be a professional had a goddamn like zip bloc bag if you need to of pens.
Speaker 2: I had my.
Speaker 1: Freaking bag today and it's like sitting there as I'm waiting for Dak to walk out. I walked over because I was across the street from the Star and I didn't want to put my heels on, so I had tennis shoes on. My tennis shoes are laying there. My bag is shit. I quickly brought out my two little hairsprays for Jillian to like spray. I like, look down in my bag at tampons in there. I'm like, perferal, tighten it up. I need like, hey, Dak, great, like come on, my shit's all crazy. I need a couple of suggestions for our listeners. I need like little bags to put in That sounded so why no I know you little bags to put.
Speaker 2: The tampons, the pens all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what the whole time in the market for If anyone, oh can help. I know Jamie Greenberg can because I was following her and I got a text her.
Speaker 2: I need a better.
Speaker 1: Vitamin holder because I got twenty something. Okay, Okay, I'm really glad you brought this up because I've been debating whether I should get the Monday through Sunday or Sunday through Saturday. Whatever the hell they are. But I don't want people to think I'm popping pills all the time. But I want to organize with my pills. But then all of a sudden, if I pull them out, then we're having people go on our pills.
Speaker 2: So many pills.
Speaker 1: And Monday, I take two of everything, like not to mention the news refool where I'm taking four, like, oh my god, I know a lot of pills. And then they like spill over into the next day. It will go on her pills again, Mama, her pills. I've already thought about that, you would go, I know, and and listen, I got you know, I've got certain things I got to travel with. I've got certain shampoosing conditioners. I don't want to wash my hair on the road, but sometimes they need to. Sometimes they need a little bit of this wait for it, serum, serum serum. I need it in a thing I can write on. Now I've written the sharpie on the plastic thing. We got to get you a label maker, girl, We got to get a label maker.
Speaker 2: Marley.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, you know who's amazing at that. Dominique will send me because she knows I won't do it. I know she She'll send me the leaving condition her stuff because she's like, bitch, you need some fucking conditioner on this frazzle dazzle. So shout out to Dominique for the weave. You know, I know she's the best. Okay, well, you know what, we have a couple of days to tighten it up and get going. But yeah, get your tampons away, like come.
Speaker 2: On, hi, tax so oh god, my bag is open.
Speaker 1: This is crazy ew like, girl, put your pens.
Speaker 2: You know what I get everybody.
Speaker 1: I get to the Star and they're like, we get your I D you know the guys like I have to do it. I'm like, this is what I'm going stuff out and it's like super plus, like jel pen.
Speaker 2: What am I doing? It's not even weak one. Hey, I went to UPS today.
Speaker 1: They asked me for my ID and then they said, you have a secondary ID who's carrying around two IDs around here? What do you mean? You know where my idea is? They were like, oh, like do you have like a utility bill? I'm like, yeah, I just carry that around. What are you talking about? Well, like, how about a Costco card? No, I haven't been to Costco in a while. That reminds me every time I think about going to Costco. The lines are so long, and then I'm like, God, I don't want to wait in that. But you know I love Costco. When I get in there, I think to myself, how did I live without all this crap?
Speaker 2: We should have a Costco deal.
Speaker 1: I apparently need one for having a kid, and you love one, and I just don't understand urai we don't have ads. When you whine from Costco, oh my god, so much more more, that's another say no more, Yeah, let's go me.
Speaker 2: We've a fucking Discosco. But I've justin He's still caring.
Speaker 1: Hey real quick. I know we got to go, but I'm really upset about this. We have our headlines that Ryan gives us in case we have loving to take about, which is very rarely the vitamin holder. But Adele this announcement really rattled me because I'm trying to get in to see her, but I think I'm shit out of luck. Adele cries as she announces incredibly long bringing from.
Speaker 2: Somebody that could get you in.
Speaker 1: I think it's more about I don't know anyone. Uh, I'm not the most comfortable performer. I know that but I'm very fucking good at it what I got.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 1: I've really enjoyed performing for nearly three years now, which is the longest I've ever done. And then she noted noting that she'll still have ten dates of her Las Vegas residency, but that's coming up in the next compan we gets to go either. I think that set's a good precedent. If I'm flying off to Vegas and the season just started for an Adele, maybe I'll go. Anyways, you know I have Tuesdays off, do you only?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, Adele told fans, and I will not see you for an incredibly long time going. I love Adele. Anyways, go live one. I love you too, got to too. You need to get out. I like to look up to the top the headline above that beauty influencers are rubbing garlic on their faces. Here what the experts say about the trend. Searching raw garlic for acne on TikTok will result in videos of hundreds of people rubbing a clove of raw garlic on their pimples, But a board certified derm said this cannot clear acne. Take it from somebody who's on a pill and two creams. Don't no do these skin regimens without asking a doctor. I was trying something from TikTok and I dealt with horrific cystic acne for close to two months, and now I got prescriptions and refills. That is what I go to find holders for your influence, your influence. You know what You're getting too influenced? You say off, knock at talk, Okay, knock it off? Is that what it should be called. I am not on TikTok, but I can appreciate trying new things. My only deal with this garlic situation is so you get rid of the ZiT and then you smell like shit.
Speaker 2: So you might you have clear complexion, but no one wants to be around you. I'm good on that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you when I have one of my creams at night. Is sulfur? I mean, who, how much does your itt stole a cozy up to me? Well, I mean at least my skin is clearing up, Oh my god?
Speaker 2: But yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: What is it in? Like? What kind of form does it come in? It's it's a lotion that I got to find a holder for. Listen, It's either that or have craters all over my chin, which you saw, which was hilarious because Con and we were talking about how bad my skin was for like two months. She said to somebody that was there, she goes, yeah, normally Aaron exaggerates, but wow, she was dead on about it.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 1: No, but you it was You're you got into a habit of picking, and as someone who spent the majority of her life picking.
Speaker 2: I've actually shot.
Speaker 1: I tell you, though, who knows what happens on the road. We gotta we gotta keep it. I know, I know it's my skin's falling.
Speaker 2: He know mine is too.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you know what, We're going to focus on the positive. My skin is calling, my eyes twitching and I just picked fisting above my lip.
Speaker 2: Week one.
Speaker 1: Here we come, and there's a tampon hanging out of my bag. Who go get them kids? We'll see you in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 1: You guys, make sure you tell us what you want to know from the behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: If we don't already.
Speaker 1: Share everything anything, there's really no bring it all here. I know the street we're bringing my melkshift brings all the boys to the yards. Nothing's coming to the yard with this bado. I said some squats any who. We love you guys and Week one.
Speaker 2: Here we Come. I have stuck word it makes up again. Fuck th Hi.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.