Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode contains spoilers for Rings of Power season two episode five. Hello, my name is Jason Accepcion and I'm rosday Night, and welcome back to x RA Revision, the podcast where we dive deep to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: Movies, comics, and pop culture comedy from.
Speaker 1: iHeart Podcast will bring you two episodes a week every Tuesday and Thursday.
Speaker 3: And in today's episode, in the previously on, we are remembering two giants who passed recently, James L. Jones, the prolific theater actor, voice actor, thespian movie actor legend, and the fantastic comic book artist John Cassaday who was the co creator of Planetary and most famously the artist on Joss Whedon's Astonishing X Men. And in the airlock well be heading into Calebrimble's Forge for Rings of Power episode five.
Speaker 1: The first previous sad news. This week we lost an icon, James Earl Jones, who lent his acting talents and his voice acting talents to innumerable iconic roles such as Mufasa from The Lion King, such as Darth Vader from Star Wars and many other non original trilogy Star Wars projects, has passed away this week. It's actually I was talking about this on with some other friends. It's just looking at his IMDb. It's actually insane the amount of things that he has done, and he's a part of, like an indelible part of so many people's lives with his work.
Speaker 2: Rest in power.
Speaker 3: James Earl Jones, Yeah, I mean he was also a you know, a theater actor before he ever became a famous film actor. He won two Tony Awards, and he was he originated the role of Troy Maxon in Fences by August Wilson, which would then you know, go on to be played by Denzel Washington in the movies. Also, he won two Emmys for a mini series about the wats Riots. Like, there's so much, even beyond the obvious genre stuff, and he was just such I mean, he was also ninety three. So whenever I feel sad about this stuff, I've also got to remember, like, what a fantastic life, what a great run.
Speaker 2: He gets a shit on Orson Critic.
Speaker 3: Like heck, like you know, yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 1: And John Cassidy artist extraordinay, Yeah, who is the pencil behind a lot of my favorites, Astonishing X Men, which he meant, which is kind of the title that got me back into the X Men after almost a decade away. The main Civil War titles in the Marvel Civil War crossover event John Cassiday and A Planetary, which is kind of the last unadapted really great comic book thing of the last fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Really sad to lose him. Great great artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also just a really he was one of those guys who when everyone was remembering him, Jim Lee was remembering him, just talking about how he was also an incredibly kind guy. I was not lucky enough to meet him, but that was very interesting. It's always interesting to see someone who's remembered both for their massive artistic impact but also for the kind way that they treated people. And he actually was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He also worked on the Star Wars comics when they relaunched them. He was a concept artist on Watchman, the two thousand and nine movie. Yeah, just another really sad loss. And unlike James L. Jones, John Cassidy was only fifty two, so very very sad loss.
Speaker 1: Then we apologize for the tunnel shift, but we must mention this news. Colin Ferrell hated the Penguin suit Penguin. The Penguin coming to Max shortly. We will be covering that series. Colin Ferrell, in a recent interview, asked about it, said quote, I don't know, man. Don't get me wrong. I loved it, but it got on me a little bit by the end of it. I was bitching and morning to anyone who would listen to me that I fucking wanted it to be this because of the Penguin suit.
Speaker 4: I do not blame him.
Speaker 3: I have been lucky enough to watch the first couple of episodes, and he is in that suit. As Joelle said, he's wearing the suit. You believe like he's fully in that.
Speaker 4: That is a full body suit.
Speaker 3: Like I I'm very excited to talk about the show with you when it hits screens soon. But you know what, I read this and I thought that's fair enough. Man, I feel enough. I think it was. But you know what, I hope he does get back in the suit because that man, he's very good as the penguin.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we're stepping into the airlock and talking about Rings of Power. All right, Rings of Power Season two, episode five, and the rings are flowing, baby, there are rings and they are powerful, and they are coming out. The new rings for the dwarves, fresh at a Calabrinbo's forge have arrived in case of Doom.
Speaker 4: Looking beautiful.
Speaker 1: They look beautiful, violish, and Duran picks his. You know, they come in like a cookie, you know those cookie those like round cookie tins with all the assorted cookies. It comes in like a round cookie tin. Knives.
Speaker 3: Why you expect that to be inside a sewing kit. Yeah, hare are some rings, No cookies, just rings.
Speaker 1: So and then so Duran the third picks, of course, picks the ring with the biggest rock on it. It's got this big beautiful blue stone on it, and he's like, yeah, baby, he puts that on and you could feel the rings vibrating with strange power. Immediately, Duran goes to where the sun shaft of pears are taking place after the cave in, and it's tough going.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: All the miners are like, I don't know, it's very unstable. We don't know where to where to start cutting the shaft next because there could be a cave in anywhere. And Duran is like he's feeling the power from the ring.
Speaker 3: He's actimate, acting very sus I would say, if I was giving feedback, it's a caliberbo on anatole. I'd say, like, take a little, give it like when you put on the ring. Let it take like a week. Let it take like a week, because this time puts on the ring. And suddenly he's like a stone singer.
Speaker 4: He's going around. He's like you bet.
Speaker 3: He's like, just hit here, baby, give me that hammack, Give me that hammock, Give me the hamma.
Speaker 1: Give me a axe, he says to Dirren to his son, and his son's like, Dad, no, because a load, don't do it here, and he shut up my mind, give me the axe and he cuts there and boom, cuts right to the outside. Here comes sunlight coming in, and everybody is like, whoa holy shit. The dwarves are going crazy and they fucking love their king. He's pointing out other places like here, here, here, and they're cutting through and it's the crisis of no sunlight is basically over.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And then he gives like the most unhinged speech where.
Speaker 4: He's like, why would people live above.
Speaker 3: He's like the sun and the moon or in controled down here, we control the control. The sun comes to us when we want, When we.
Speaker 1: Want the sun, we canna have the sun anytime we want. Mountain.
Speaker 5: There's no better way to live than down.
Speaker 3: I feel like anyone who's in that was probably like, what's going on? Did he just was that a shift recently that happened to this man? Because I did he get some new kind of because I feel like it might be connected.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Lisa and the apparently now out of work Stone singers are like, something is a miss. We live They are right. We go to reggaeon where kel Brimbor is riding real high.
Speaker 4: He is own supply.
Speaker 6: Baby, you want to talk about speeches, speech afying, My guy gives like an hour speech in which he takes one hundred percent credit.
Speaker 1: Oh, the alliance between elves and dwarves. I have done it. We have done it here together. You know we have done it.
Speaker 3: I will say they are doing a great job with Kellerbrimble because it is very much a relatable situation. Sure, do we know someone who's crafting magical rings and you know, giving them out and causing chaos? No? But do we know someone who in the office is a generally nice person, but who can't stop taking credit for other people's works. Yes, like that is Actually the thing I think is most interesting is with him specifically. It's so easy to see how the ring is influencing and it is making his ego and his obsession with being the one to do something magnificent.
Speaker 4: And it is so funny because he.
Speaker 3: Is just like, we've done it, babe, We've like, we've solved, We've solved the Elven.
Speaker 4: And Dwarf war. Now we're just all friends with these rings.
Speaker 1: It's as if Calibrinmore's personality has like imbued itself on the rings. The dwarves are there, Emissaries from the dwarfing kingdom of Kozdoum are there, delivering the doors of Duran as a thank you gift, you know, operated by moonlight, you know secret password, the whole bit, you know the bit you've seen Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: I've seen Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: And calibrin Wore is so pleased that this. Meanwhile, he can't help but notice it that his creative partner, good pal, his good pal, Anataur is stucking away emotionally in a tiff, stocks away out to the out to the balcony, and he's upset and kil was like, what's wrong, bro? Hey you okay, listen? Sorry I should have mentioned your contributions. This made me left, so I should have I should have mentioned.
Speaker 4: I got carried away.
Speaker 1: I got carried away.
Speaker 3: My favorite part is that Sarah like, obviously he's not really that bothered about like create a right spot. He is bothered about is He's like, you talked for too long, bro, he said.
Speaker 1: He's like I told you not to go on just on a roll, and you can't stop. You please.
Speaker 3: And also I think like Anatar is starting to realize one. He is like a very obvious kind of love bombing gas lighting ship.
Speaker 4: It's like Patriot to recognize it.
Speaker 1: It's a lover's tiff, it really is. And then Saron says something after Killer Brimble apologizes, you know for uh you for for not mentioning him in the speech and his important contributions, i e. The Alloy idea Anatar slash, Saron does something that made me love him and made me want this entire series this season to just be focused on him. He goes, well, Kilerbrimble, I would be in a more festive mood, more apt to celebrate our grand achievement in bringing the Elves and the Dwarves together, but I just can't because of all the suffering that's going on in Mortars.
Speaker 3: Honestly, no, I think you raised like you you raised such a good point because the truth they fat with.
Speaker 4: Look, Charlie Vickers.
Speaker 3: Was great in season one, is holgrad but he is transcendent as Anata the Right is so funny. Sarn is always up in people's business, like, you know, don't have a good time because Saron's out there, I don't know where Be's out there, and someone's causing problems in Mordoor and I'm just, oh, I'm feeling so bad about it. Like it's so enjoyable to watch him that when we go to other storylines aside from the Dwarves, I do love the Dwarves, but I do feel like, especially in this episode, this could have just been a Keller Brinbugh Anatar botty episode because they're so good together and Kellerbrinbugh is starting to He's like the partner who's starting to pull away. He's starting to realize that maybe there's something a little bit wrong, you know, he can instead of feeling guilty when Anatar pulls this idea of Oh, there's so much suffering in more or kelerbrim was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: He's like, I think I know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Actually, like you are just bringing this up because you still want me to make these rings for the men, and I don't want to give any rings to men.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these two are so interesting together.
Speaker 1: And then so Killerbrimber is like, yeah, listen, I don't want to make the rings for the men, but you clearly want to talk about this more. Let's let's do this. Let's part. The doors are here. They just delivered the doors of Duran. Let's have a good time tonight. We've got Canna pays, there's our darves and stuff and dream assistance just assistant. Yeah, let's just let's put a pin in that and we can talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And then Sarna is like, no, I want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about it now.
Speaker 3: These two are like such a little married couple. They really are, and I feel like anatar is this is? This is Suren's one failing this episode is he is too arrogant in pushing this point without understanding the fact that for two thousand and three thousand years the elves have been dealing with the destruction of what men did. And I think that this is what really pushes Calibrimble over the edge to sort of a vague freedom from Sourn.
Speaker 1: I just think Saren is I agree with you, but I think Saren has never faced a challenge like the ego of Calibrin boor no, like Jetty's yeah killer and Kelibrinbore to your point is like, listen, you want to talk about the destruction and what was formerly the south Lands, Well who did that? I think it was a men, right, men right in the in the service of a dar and Sarahn right. Saren is okay, okay, forget the south Lands now now known as a border. Let's talk about Numan or I my heart aches.
Speaker 4: With it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's beautifuliful of the fountains and the everything, and I'm sad and my heart aches in desperation for them, and I just hope that rings, perhaps the rings that we create together could bring them peace. And Kellerburn's like Calibrimoar was like no, no, no, no, no no, We're not giving the bad rings.
Speaker 4: That's no men, no rings for men.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And it sounds like, well, you don't know men like I do. There are some I understand that they get wild and they're prone to the basest of immoralities, but when their backs are against the wall, a hero always emerges. There's some wonderful heroes among them, like Lebron, James, Asia Wilson, Michaels. I could go on and on. We need rings for these great morals, and we need nine rings. Oh eight times nine, okay, yeah, show why. He's like, yeah, because three for the elves, and to balance it out, you do the square root you square times three and that's nine, right, and said Caliberbers, like, what are you even talking about? I made three perfect rings plus the seven for the dwarves.
Speaker 3: I go, no, five, I mean, I don't need to be making nine men. And obviously it's obvious that Anato wants nine rings so that the men have more power, Like, let's be real, because they have more corrupt if everything having it.
Speaker 2: No, He's saying no, no, no.
Speaker 1: And then so finally Anatar says, okay, you say no, Well, guess what I know how to work the forge. I'm gonna I'm gonna just make up now. Calibermore looks truly worried, because you can tell he's thinking, what if anatar makes better rings than mine? What if this is better? We go to New Minor where Farison is you want to talk about high on his own supply. He's talking to this fucking guy. He saw it to his trade. He's up on the tower. He saw that to his trader. Son Kevin on Gaye fourth, on a clear day, you can see the White Tower, the keyst eye can see the White Tower, the gateway to the undying lands right here. And He's like, I think the El's did this on purpose to taunt us with the fact that we have mortals and there are not.
Speaker 4: And Kevin, they don't even think about you.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 3: They will just like you will live and die in the time that they are just chilling, drinking like an Alvin lemonade.
Speaker 4: That they're not thinking about you.
Speaker 1: Your lifespan. It can be contained in an Elven fart. They they don't worry about it. And Kevin is like, forget all that, this is the age of men. Let's build a better moment, or we can start right now, and let's do it. And Pharozon then says the craziest thing that I've ever heard of. Father's say he says, listen, when you were a baby, your mother, our former Queen Muriel prophesied that you would die in a terrible way.
Speaker 4: What why would you tell.
Speaker 3: And then and then and then he and then Kevin's like wait what did she say? And and Parizone's like, well, if you do I want, maybe I'll tell me.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll tell you what? What the fuck is this? Anyway? What about mural? Muriel is all in her the bedchamber, she's chatting with Ellen Bill and Ellen was like, we gotta take the city back, we gotta take.
Speaker 2: Nu Minir back from these fucking traders.
Speaker 1: And She's like, no, why because I saw a vision when I've touched the Palenteer hundreds if not thousands of times, I saw a vision of the destruction of New Minor m h And what did you see when you looked into it? He's like, oh, I just saw like me wandering around lost. And She's like, see this, whatever has happened. I get that we disagree with it, but it clearly has changed the future of noumenor the downfall of Numanar now will not happen. And so whatever Farizon says, whatever his lackey say to you just shut up and take it because now Newmonar is not gonna be destroyed and babe, and that's it.
Speaker 4: This is such a dumb plan.
Speaker 3: I just say, we were talking about this with you know, Joelle, and I'll produce this beforehand. It's like the women. I feel like the women in the show this season are not necessarily getting written in a way that convinces me that they are smart, like this is. I'm like, just because a guy that you like touched your magical elfstone and he saw a different vision, that doesn't mean you didn't see that doesn't mean the downfall of Newman.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna happen, Babe.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's just a vision for him, like that you've seen the downfall. Like, let's not believe that Farison is somehow the like I think this is a leap.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 1: And it makes me think, well, maybe Klibrimbo is right, Like, let's not give elf shit to the men right now. I think all that ready true.
Speaker 3: They are not ready. They're too they're actually ironically too faithful. They don't question it enough.
Speaker 1: So Ellendale goes down to the city and he finds Valandille and many of his former soldiers, and they're all returning their army uniforms because they're being stripped of their ranks for disloyalty. And this is all Arian's idea. Ellendill's daughter, she gives her dad shit over the recent war, which she feels like was elf bullshit and that cost well forget.
Speaker 4: This power just by like selling out her dad.
Speaker 3: I guess another woman I'm not a fan of in this show, a new creation to just be created to be annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she's like, this is the reason my brother, your son died. He's still alive. But she doesn't even.
Speaker 3: Feel like she even likes It's still like she's acting out like and I like the Kevin when he's like, he's like, what's it like to have a daughter who doesn't respect you? I wasn't like to have a dad who doesn't like you, who's just like your mom said, you're gonna die?
Speaker 4: Broh, Like what was it like for you?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 4: What do you think it's like?
Speaker 1: So it's a bad situation. And that night, gasp of all gasp, guess what, Parizon goes over who talenteer and he takes the cloth off of it, and you just know that he'd be touching that thing.
Speaker 2: He's touching that orb.
Speaker 1: We go, uh. We go to Lindon where gil Galad gets a letter from Kelly. This is a beautiful letter from Kellen Frimbur and Keller Brimble. The letter says, Hey, so so delighted that you love the three eleven rings.
Speaker 4: That you told me.
Speaker 1: It was just someone love love those. I love to hear that. And by the way, after I made those rings, I didn't make anymore.
Speaker 2: I just shut the forge down.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah, no dwarfing rings, no anatar, no nothing else. The High King is very, very suspicious, suspicious about this. He gets a military briefing about the goings on in Mordoor and everybody is basically saying, like, you know, we have to we should launch the invasion of Mordoor, and he consults the Ring about whether to do it or not. We go to Kosa Doom. Desa is arguing with her husband during the fourth about this new way of mining and the fact that there's no stone singer, no use for stone singers now, and during the fourth is like, I don't know, it's great though. The sun shafts are open and it seems to be working. They go shopping and they discover.
Speaker 4: That I do love the dwarf market, like I'm a fan. I would go that instantly.
Speaker 1: I would be spending much coin in the dwarf market. And guess what. Formerly Prince Duran is spending a lot of coin because they're trying to buy this little trinket for their daughter. And they find out that the king has raised taxes one hundred percent coin for every Yeah, for every coin spent, you put another one in his pocket. Matt, It's crazy. Anyway, they strike a reasonable deal even with the new taxes for this little tuning crystal. But Decent drops it. It rolls all the way down, down, down, down deep into the caverns. She goes down there to go get it, use your stone singing to find it. She picks it up, but guess what. Something is awakened down there deep in the caverns. It's roaring, it's it's something bad is coming. King Durn has dinner with the emissaries from the other Dwarf in Realms, and he says, listen, the threat of Saarn is rising, but we have something that we can face him with. Now, check out the connected to him at all. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: We can face Sarah.
Speaker 1: Now, look at these beautiful rings that I have for you. And he and one of the emissaries reaches me, get take your hand out of there. It's not for you, and not the other king. There's one the other kings.
Speaker 3: But also I have to say, yeah, there's a bad plot. I never get like come on.
Speaker 1: But of course, because Duran is like high, like smoking this ring like it's a crack rock, like he's like, he's.
Speaker 3: Definitely down bad for the ring right much last than anyone else.
Speaker 1: And he says to these emissaries that listen, I'm gonna give these rings to your kings, but it's gonna come. It's gonna come at a price because I want kause Doom to be the wealthiest, the most powerful of all the Dwarfing kingdoms. And he says, listen, here's where we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: I have this ring.
Speaker 1: Now, this ring is showing me everything that's in this mountain. It's fucking nuts. What's in this mountain. We haven't even scratched the surface of the wealth that's in this mountain. Down deep is filled with gold.
Speaker 3: It's gold.
Speaker 1: And he's starting to lose it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There's a moment where he like has his ring off and he's like, where are the who's stolen my ring?
Speaker 4: Where is it really given?
Speaker 3: Like? And Lord of the Rings like my precious yes, And and.
Speaker 1: His assistant like, sire, you took it off. It's right there and you didn't remember it?
Speaker 4: Not that deep? Shut up.
Speaker 1: We go to his son during the fourth go to desa Uh, and Lisa is like, there's something evil down there. He goes to tell his dad. He's like, Dad, we can't do this mining for gold thing because Lisa found said there's something evil down there and it's coming. And the king says, oh, shut up, listen. With this ring, I can see everything on there. I don't see anything evil. All I see is gold gold, go goll Golgauld. We go to a reggaon Calibrimbore is watching, you know, them working on these brand new rings for men, and then all of a sudden, the tools are flying around invisible by themselves. What the fuck is going on? Calibrimbo's assistant, Darias is testing out one of these new rings for men. She turned invisible. Oh that's familia. Yeah, calibri Bar has to go down there and like wrestle a hammer out of her hand and then manage to get the ring off of her She becomes visible again and she's like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: I was in some.
Speaker 1: Horrible place where where it smelled death and then I saw what And she basically described Sourn's true form.
Speaker 3: She sees it like that spiky, yeah, spiky crown on.
Speaker 4: He's living life down.
Speaker 1: Then Anatar is just like Conda, Oh that sounds terrible, but don't worry, it's just a vision.
Speaker 4: I'm hire beautiful Anata to help you. Definitely not sour On.
Speaker 1: Kelbermers like, what you do to these new rings? And Daria's like, well we added a little bit of mythroll to that one. Kilber was like, no, no, no, don't do dad, what are you crazy? You know, don't do that. Anatar, So well, maybe you could just tell us what to do. You could just give us a little hat about how we could, you know, go go go a little further and uh, Kelbermer.
Speaker 2: Is like no, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 1: But before he can really answer, during the fourth arrives with news of the dwarf in rings. So during the fourth says kel Brimborg. My dad is like fucked up. Now he's a changed guy.
Speaker 3: It was literally one day like he's like he put that ring on and he started acting up like he was abling.
Speaker 1: Crazy and he wants like, listen to this. He's saying to the other dwarfing Kings that he wants half of their wealth before he hands over the rings. He's never been greedy like this, Kelly Brimore. Keller Brinble is insulted and a little bit anxious about the suggestion that his rings might be like not working, that they might need like a user update or a recall or something. And Durrance says, well, what do you know about this guy?
Speaker 2: Natar?
Speaker 1: This mappen you with the ring?
Speaker 3: By the way, can I just say Duran saw through Anato and they Duran said, no, who is Anata? What are you doing there?
Speaker 4: How do you know?
Speaker 3: Keller Brinble, why are you in the forge? And then you know what, he had a little when the rings first appeared.
Speaker 4: But now he said I've had enough? Who is Anata?
Speaker 3: And I think this is the moment where Keller Brimble is like, oh, maybe my gut feeling that something was wrong is because that's gonna be his Johnny over the rest of that.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Anatar is continuing to seduce Daria, and he's like, the unseen world. Wow, you know what, guy, you know what that darkness you saw? I bet you it was Kerim because you know, admit it, Daria, he's been different. He's been different ever since he started making the rings.
Speaker 3: He's been diminished and diminished.
Speaker 1: And then he and then he puts the chariot toob and he says, you know what, Daria, in this light by the fire, I'm looking at your eyes shining like that little sparkle coming out of him. You just look like my number one boog Ladriel.
Speaker 4: Oh crazy.
Speaker 1: And you know what you look like to me? You look like a person that is gonna want to listen to a word from our sponsors.
Speaker 2: Well you're right back after this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're back. We're back. We're back in Newmanora taking part in a funeral ceremony for the blessed war dead. Kevin comes in and says, immediately.
Speaker 5: By order of my fathers, Sara's on this shrine has been condemned. When I'm knocking all down right now, we're gonna put a baseball stadium, right yeah, and he says, howdiophil your daughter hates you.
Speaker 1: Ellendill Ellendal with an a sister from Valendale, doesn't take the bait. But then it goes crazy. Kevin is like, oh, look at this totally relican. He just like drops another ground.
Speaker 3: By the way, somebody ominously is like, if we do not look after this specific mcguffin, the souls will not be settled. So you know that this is another hint that Neumanor is gonna fall. When Kevin inevitably smashes it.
Speaker 1: Which he does. There's a big fight that happens and Valendille and Kevin they get in a fight and the yeah, Valandale breaks Kevin's arm and he's about to kill him, but then Ellendal says, don't do it, but then get a shrine.
Speaker 3: Valandal turns around and with his good arm, kem stabs in the back. Absolutely furious valand one of the best people in the show justice for him.
Speaker 4: Also, fuck you, Ellendille, this was your fault.
Speaker 3: I hope this haunts you every night because like you could have just let him kill this idiotic character who is essentially just like a two D like I'm a bad British character who could be in any show from Rome to Game.
Speaker 4: Of like Valandill was a good man.
Speaker 1: He's like the the dick ex boyfriend that shows up in like season three of Downton Abbey or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly like Kevin go Away.
Speaker 1: Yeah ellend Dill is placed under wrestle a lot of time to think about this. Meanwhile, Kelli Brinbore says to Anatar, Hey, something's wrong with the dwarf and rings, and Anatar is like, are you sure the dwarves aren't manipulating you? They're trying to get you to like improve the rings and something badness. It's so funny, Like you shouldn't in what world?
Speaker 4: I have to say?
Speaker 3: This is a This is absolutely a testament to the writers in what.
Speaker 4: World did you see that you would be?
Speaker 3: I love it, but absolutely fun The anatom guy, he's so over the top, he's so ridiculous and he's so charming that you're just like, go for it, like you're doing it, just keep going bad.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it. And he's like, and by the way, Killerbrimble, I didn't do anything for the rings, we did it. I was screaming at it because bro, and he says, you know what changed klierbrinmore, you know what, maybe imbued the rings with some dark energy. How about the fact that right before you may the dwarven rings, you fucking wrote a letter in which you lied to your king Gilgilt. Did you not line him? Did you not mind him? And he Gilbert was like, what.
Speaker 4: What He's like, it wasn't that deep. It wasn't that deep.
Speaker 3: And He's like, actually it was because that's the seit and the sas in the rings.
Speaker 1: It's in the rings.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You told him you werely meig three, that you beat ten rigs, and Anatur says, like, you have one. You have two choices. I'm sorry, but this is what you have to do. Either you go to Lindon and you dropped your knees in front of Gill Glad and you say, I confess I went against your wishes, I made more rings than I should have, or you make the rings for men, which I don't understand the logic of this.
Speaker 4: Sure man, I think he's like, I guess, I guess.
Speaker 3: The threat is like, if you don't go and confess, I'm gonna like snitch on you, so you have to just or you can just do what I want, which is make the ring.
Speaker 1: Make the rings.
Speaker 3: I think Anata played this one wrong. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I think I think he's pushed it too far.
Speaker 1: We will see. We go to Kasadoom where Duran is trying to convince his dad to stop using the ring, and his dad is like, listen, this ain't happening.
Speaker 2: That ain't happened. But let me tell you what is happening. My boy, my beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Wise boy, who brought the idea about the alliance with the elves to me, and that brought the ring to me. I love you, my boy. I put the torque of princehood back on your neck, and you are my son and a once again. Now I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I feel like he was happier without the talk of prince, but I understand the draw to it.
Speaker 4: Thesea is just a shocked as me. She's like, well she sees.
Speaker 1: That tork of Princeton. Duran comes comes home and he's got this like a bashed look at his face, like, yeah, I'm wearing the tork of Princeton again.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: He's like he's like trying to hide it under his bed and she's moving the bed and she's like, oh my god, why did you do this?
Speaker 1: And she says to him, listen, you swear to me you will never wear that ring, and don't put that ring one Calibrimborne then makes another speech in which he says, bye bye, my workers. We fail as a team. Though every success is mine alone, but we fail as a team, and we fail, and we have failed. The dwarfing rings are a failure. And Darnia's like, well, hold on, boss, we followed your design to the letter. He's like, shut up. He says, the only way we could make this right, and this is my idea.
Speaker 4: By the way, oh definitely all alone.
Speaker 2: We gotta make the nine rings for the men.
Speaker 1: We got it. That's how we make this right, because it'll balance out I guess the bad rings. We make nine perfect ones, and that'll balance out the seven imperfect ones to go along with the three perfect ones that I made previously. Even this deceit would still be going on by the that's right, And he says that's not. That's right, and he says, from now on, like a true boss, like a true corp CEO. He says, from now on, you want to work from home, you're fired. You want time off, you're fired. You take a lunch break, you're fucking fired.
Speaker 4: No, there's a baby.
Speaker 1: You're fired. You want out. You can walk out the door right now. Otherwise we start now making the rings. Anatar plays good cup. He goes, oh, hold on, guys, I know Keler Brimbo or the boss. Listen, he's a genius. He's under a lot of I again, I love Anatar sar. He's under a lot of pressure right now. Okay, but this is important, so let's just get to work and just like, let's just do it, okay, and Keller brimboo like, just don't bother him. Keli Brimbo goes off to the other room and like fucking shakes and cries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, Because I this is actually my read. I think Cali Brimbo has seen through Anata and this is like he didn't know what else to do then go along with him on the face of it, and I think like that.
Speaker 4: I think when he goes off and he's like crying, he's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh shit, it man, this guy's been playing me, Like what the fuck do I do?
Speaker 3: I got to guard to King Galad like ah, but he's just buying himself something.
Speaker 1: I think. I think it's that, and I also think it's his I also I think there's two competing things going on. One he understands that he can't trust Anatur, he knows this now, but he's equally as worried that those imperfect Dwarven rings will ruin his.
Speaker 3: Reputatione yes, yes, yes, And so he's like, how do I square this circle?
Speaker 1: How do I both get out from Anatar's grip but also make sure that no one ever finds out about these tainted rings that I made? How do I do this?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the fucking Orcs are stirring folks.
Speaker 4: Here they are.
Speaker 1: The Orc army has moved through the woods. There now within sight of a reggaeon the ohe there at the distance. L Rond bearing Gladiol's ring, rushes to lynd On. He says to Gil, listen, we gotta get the army to a reggaeon immediately. The Orcs are coming. They're moving through the forest. I've seen this. I fought them the whole thing they have Gladril. Gil says, no, no, no, no, I've been using this ring right here. And what I know is this Suron has been behind all of this and he's moving the pieces and that's going to Reggaeon. That's exactly what he would want. We have to pick one, either a Dar or Saron to fight. We can't fight both.
Speaker 4: And glad fight like that.
Speaker 1: Dar is like a fucking like he's nothing, it doesn't matter, He's just a guy. At the same time, Gladiel is delivered to the Orc camp. The Orcs are about to like cut off Gladiel's hair and mess with that, just like fucking around, and and a Dar stops them. He's like, no, no, don't do that. And she pulls out a blade that she is hidden and she puts into a darter's neck and he's like great, great, great, I love this fight.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm vibing. This is like exactly how this is what I would do if we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: I like this, And let me let me propose a deal to you, Gladriel. What if no one will expect this. What if you and I we team up and we take.
Speaker 2: Down the person that we really want to take down, and that's Sarah. You and I together, it's.
Speaker 1: An unbeatable team Bomb Bomb Bomb and while this is happening, the rings for men are being forged, we watch fuck say and uh and that is episode five. I Rosie, I've said it before, I said it all episode I'll say it again.
Speaker 2: I just love what Sarah is cooking.
Speaker 1: I need to watching.
Speaker 3: He is so letting this man cook his rings in the forge because it is enjoyable to watch.
Speaker 4: He is just delightful. I mean, he's my favorite jeweler.
Speaker 3: I would say he is, uh, just such a conniving man in the most delightful way. It's been a long time since we had a villain you could root for.
Speaker 1: Like it's a delicious it's he's a delicious villain. And what makes him so uh so routable, if that's a word definite, is the fact that the people that he's going up against Kelbrimborg, King Gilgalad are so ego maniacal, like they are both they have such a high escheme of themselves and they're also like not up to the challenge, and those two things together make them just very vulnerable to the charms and manipulations of Sarahn, which have been wonderful to watch. Yeah, I mean, no question when Sarahon is saying what he says to Calibrip, my heart aches for the people of the Southlands. We need Could they not have rings of their own to try and fight back.
Speaker 3: It's just so good, wasn't it you who put a broken sword in there? And then like, yeah, may the Mount Doom explodes so that everyone would get turned into like fucking more door dwellers, Like what are you talking about? I love you? This is so good and I like how now you'll see his second plan is like Sourn's assistance is Calibrimble's assistant. He's like, okay, well, Calibrimble, I can see this is going badly. I'm going to pretend he's becoming evil and now I'm going to just like chop this assistant and see what she can do for me. I believe she can make it happen.
Speaker 1: You mentioned THEO. I wanted to shout out a really fun theory saw on the Lord of the Rings on Prime subreddit posted by late Stage PhD as so good his theory. Their theory excuse me. Their theory is basically that you know, based on the evidence that THEO must be somebody like they're spending too much time, but he must be so many important and the theory is essentially that THEO will eventually be the King of the Dead.
Speaker 2: Who's whose dead army?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And the leverage of making them fulfill their oath. It basically swings the final battle against sarahon in Return of the King. I really like this theory because there is a lot of like talk of like promises and oaths going on around THEO.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful and he is the king of the oath breakers, and we know that THEO is like someone who has struggled throughout his life to you know, do any good thing. Yes, very very interested in this one. I think it's very fun and I think it could be quite a tragic ton if that's something we see over the seasons that we have coming.
Speaker 1: On next week's episodes of X ray Vision, we're diving into our favorite animated shows on Netflix and then later in the week kicking off Penguin.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 4: It's like that.
Speaker 1: That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening, bye. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Kitcepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producer are Joelle Smith. And Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Boo Zafar. Our producers are Carmen Laurent and Mia Taylor. Our theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin and Chris Laude, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.