Speaker 1: Hello again and welcome back to Kids' Bible Stories. Today's story is called why Christmas Traditions. This comes from Isaiah chapter nine, verse six, numbers, Chapter fifteen, verses thirty seven through thirty nine, and First Chronicles, Chapter sixteen, verse twelve. Today's episode is made possible thanks to the Geners support from Christine and her eight year old daughter. She says they listen to a few each night and that her daughter can even recall the stories and references them. That is wonderful that you are remembering what you hear. Thank you to Ebany, and thanks to our newest Patreon supporters Linda and Diane. When you give a one time donation or join our patroon page, the money directly impacts the podcast. This podcast is done by myself and my family. Members help with voices, so we run a lean machine and every dollar matters to us. If you're curious about the Patroon page, you can try any tier completely free for seven days for Christmas. You can now even gift memberships, so you can ask grandma and grandpa or aunts and uncles for a patron membership as a gift. The link for this will be in today's show.
Speaker 2: Notes.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a special episode because at the end we are going to hear from some of you. That's right, our very own listeners parents. As a reminder, you can check out the show notes for all of our Christmas episodes. We've done daily advent ones, weekly ones and more, and we'll list those in the notes for you to use. Okay, now let's go ahead and jump right in. Welcome to the month of December. Everyone, this is the time when we celebrate what huge holiday. Go ahead and tell me.
Speaker 2: Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is one of my favorite times of year. Shout out loud. Why do we celebrate.
Speaker 2: Christmas Jesus' birth?
Speaker 1: Yes. In our Bibles, in Isaiah, it tells us, for to.
Speaker 3: Us a child is born, to us, a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful counselor Mighty God, everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.
Speaker 1: This wonderful news should bring us such joy as we thank God that he sent his son Jesus. But sometimes can we forget that that's what Christmas is really about. I mean, all the advertisements.
Speaker 4: Boys and girls, you just have to have this remote control car. If you do it will be the happiest Christmas ever.
Speaker 1: This adorable pony said is Oh, it's what you have to have this Christmas. Sometimes this time of year can be filled with noise and companies trying to get you to think Christmas is only about getting gifts, We're only about twinkling, dazzling decorations. These things aren't bad. We just need to make sure we remember remember what Christmas is really all about. This is where traditions come in. Say out loud what you think traditions are.
Speaker 2: I think it is something that we do over and over again. Traditions caussh like the cebaiting something important.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing. Traditions help us remember special events or people, and sometimes they help us celebrate. Think of your birthday. One tradition is singing Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy. It brings joy and reminds us of that special day that you were born. Let's hear what the Bible says about using traditions to remember today. When you hear the word remember, raise your hand high. Okay, here we go. Listen for that word. Let's turn in our Bibles to numbers. Chapter fifteen, the Lord said to Moses.
Speaker 3: Speak to the people of Israel, and tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout the generations, and to put a cord of blue on the tassel of each corner. And it shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the Lord. Then you will obey them.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the word remember?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: But what are they to remember?
Speaker 2: Gods come in?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: And what did they use to help them?
Speaker 2: Remember a little like you're in tassel on the clothes that had blue on it.
Speaker 1: Great, let's read more of our Bible. Raise your hand again when you hear the word remember. We turned to First Chronicles, chapter sixteen. Listen, remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered. I heard the word Remember, what did it say to.
Speaker 2: Remember God's amazing things He's done?
Speaker 1: Great job, you are doing fantastic. There are many places in God's Word that whispers to us, don't forget to remember. We may think.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget, But just as we hear.
Speaker 1: In the Bible over and over again, God does wonderful works. People forget it, and they forget his promises. And he patiently and lovingly reminds them that's not just for people on the Bible, that's also for you and I. So this Christmas, let's remember who it's really all about. One way we can do that is through traditions. And remember we won't have all the same traditions. Do you think that's okay? Yes? Yeah, people of different ages, cultures, and talents will have traditions that are similar and also different. Think of worship at church. Have you ever noticed that there are different types of worship music. Some may use guitars and drums, some use violins, others may use choirs. But are they all trying to do the same thing, worship and praise God. Yes, exactly, God that's given us freedom to worship Him in all sorts of ways. The Bible doesn't say you can only sing worship music to God with two tambourines, no.
Speaker 4: More or less.
Speaker 1: And don't you dare move a muscle as you sing. Know what God cares about is our heart. If our heart is that we want to sing praise to God through music, well that's what matters. So now let's hear from you, our very own listeners. What kind of Christmas traditions does your family have take it away listeners.
Speaker 5: We saileebrate, I think next day, give thing predan predance to our neighbors. I'm Lyn and I'm Hannah. A Christmas tradition we do every years. We make and decorate our birthday cake for Jesus and sing Happy Birthday to him. Hi, my name's Jane. This is my sister Louisa. Hi, and our Chris. We are from Minnesota. Our Christmas traditions are we put together an avant puzzle, we make a Christmas train, and we eat homemade and men's rolls on Christmas morning and we worship jeeves. Hi. My name is Hazel. My Christmas tradition is food Christmas food, pancakes, presants, hot cocoa and Christmas late and Christmas ornaments and stockings.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 5: My name is Nila. My name is Isabela. And he comes from him South Africa. I know kittens. She come over and we on Christmas morning weeka and open patients and we have a fish bond and our ourthie search with the patients and do we swim in the pool because it's toughts A love Christmas and me guys he chicks.
Speaker 6: Hi, my name is one my family celebrates digital birth on the night before Christmas, on the night we call. I'm from the United States, but my mom's family is from Samadon, but my dad's family is from Mexico. Both of my parents have similar traditions. We have a large family gathering where we eat dinner, laugh together, play and have a great time. At midnight on Christmas, we all go to church. Nota is how my family celebrates do jes Is birth.
Speaker 5: Me and my sister go to kalo and one of the things my sister do is acting. And what of the things I do is singing. Is for Christ Jesus. My name is Aba, and my favorite Christmas tradition is reading a book about Jesus that's his birth that my grandma recorded.
Speaker 2: Hello, my name is Charlotte.
Speaker 5: How I celebrate Christmas is I put my Christmas tree out and I said with my family, and I read the Bible, and I go to church and I get peasants. I'm from Misteria.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Emma Anne. My Christmas tradition is to watch the movie Else while we put out the Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Siah. My Christmas judition is cookies hot chacule pleasants and Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Ben.
Speaker 5: Our Christmas tradition is we give presents to eat each other and read the Bible.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 2: My name is oh Boy. We live the New York Queen which.
Speaker 5: We soab how we sobeate Christmas is we give presents to each other and we.
Speaker 2: Read the Holy Gospel.
Speaker 5: Hi. My name is Venice.
Speaker 6: We live in New York.
Speaker 5: Our Christmas tradition every year is read the Guy School and give presents to each other.
Speaker 6: Him.
Speaker 5: My name is Claren. My family was in Florida. My family's mom, Dad, my family's yan Adam and Shallby. And we celebrate Christmas by going on Roger.
Speaker 7: Will we use there our family We video with them and I've gone with them in different ways like ye did can watch us and brothers and.
Speaker 5: They and the songs? Well, would you very Christmas?
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing this. It was so cool to hear these answers this week. Talk with your family about Christmas traditions that you have. Are any similar to the ones you heard today? Think about why we have traditions, and I bet you'll see that some of your traditions they help you remember our wonderful Savior's birth Thanks again for joining us on today's episode. Stay tuned for more Christmas episodes this December. Thanks again everyone, and as always bye for now.