Speaker 1: Welcome into the Official Jests Podcast.
Speaker 2: Dangling a stake in front of the lion and you ain't got no cage in between you. He gonna get to that state.
Speaker 1: So let's go inside the matchup.
Speaker 3: Motivated Aaron Rodgers, Is it dangerous?
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 1: Game Day and every day?
Speaker 4: Score a jewelry touchdown with Kendra Scott. Shot Fashion and find jewelry fit for another winning season at your local store or at Kendrascott dot com. Shine Bright, do good with Kendraw Scott. Gentlemen, A great to see you both here in studio. I really think you're looking festive. I know people are listening to this audio as well the podcast.
Speaker 2: But then it's to brighten it up, right. This is like orange is like the the winter color, the fall color. Right, the leaves are turning orange. Banger right now.
Speaker 1: I love pumpkin spice.
Speaker 4: And you always are showing some South Florida on your wardrobe.
Speaker 5: A little peck somebody, somebody has to bring a little Don Johnson to the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, okay, so crocking the tops here. Let's get into it right now. Jeff Albrick, the twenty first head coach in franchise history, What did you make of the dismissal and where do we go from here? Of obviously Robert Sala finishes his Jets ten year, twenty and thirty six.
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm not in the building, like often, I don't know what the vibe is right, and you know clearly what he thought the vibe was off and maybe thought this team needed a spark. This is a talented roster that's underachieving. But if you look across the league, everybody's underachieved. I feel like this team just hasn't had the collective experience and they're learning lessons on the fly and we're watching them, you know, figure out how to make the sauce and cutting it. They south chef and all the ingredients, they haven't yet to put them in the pot and measure right. And I think that's where we're at. And you know, clearly, when you think about this regime last year, you can think about the intensity and in patience, right, because this is supposed to be last year, so we already had to wait a year because when they got four games of it, So like it's pressure on everybody. There are either bus pipes or either make crazy diamonds. Then we're going to see if all Brick can kind of lead, and I'm interested to see how he leads and the impact that he can have on his team, the roster, the way that they go about business, the difference in how it looks in one week.
Speaker 4: It was certainly a move that sent shockways throughout the national full well it.
Speaker 5: Did, because it's so early, you know, and you know everybody's three and two or two and three. I mean, everybody's kind of jumbled up together. But you know they haven't They've missed opportunities to win games these last two weeks. I mean very winnable games. You lose at home, you can't score touchdowns, you're down the one yard line. Something's off. Maybe the spark is what you need. Maybe you need a different voice right now. Maybe there's things that can be fixed during the game, corrected during the game. Maybe you know, the owner things like he's got that choice. But I think right now it's really on the players. Like the players got I think they've got to get more out of practice than what we're seeing on the field on Sundays. And then I think that there's this team still has the defense is playing fantastic, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 5: Ultimately, it has to come together and you're gonna know it, you're gonna feel it. And I don't think that feeling that Bart's talking about is being demonstrated right now in the field. It sounds a little bit odd, I guess. But this team should be better. They should be better. The way the defense is playing, they should be better. They should have won these last two.
Speaker 4: And that's something that Woody Johnson made clear that he thinks this is one of the most talented rosters that he's had in the last twenty five years. Second, second or third, And Jeff Albris said everything's on the table, you know, no stone, no stone is gonna be left unturned as he looks at the entire operation.
Speaker 2: I mean, the tough thing is, I don't know if that if they're in today, today is what Wednesday? I don't know if they I don't know if.
Speaker 1: They come Yeah, this is Tuesday because it's a Monday night game.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, So I don't know if tomorrow is the first day where the team comes back. Yep, right, And you know you talk about hitting the ground running. You know you have to bring guys in you know, address the room, you know, let everybody know what's going on and what the new standard is. And the standard has to be the standard. You can't compromise. And whenever you have even though it's the same regime, you can have new emphasis. And I wonder what jeff aldbricks emphasis is going to be about. It's going to be about accountability, It's going to be about execution. You know, it could be about all right, and you know we'll see that because you know, everybody now is auditioning for playing time. Because I feel like, yeah, at this point, we're evaluating everything because we're if we're underachieving, then we have to analyze everything because everything contributes to a win or a loss.
Speaker 5: I've been a part of a team that fired their coach during the season and we had the interim head coach defense coordinator became the head coach.
Speaker 3: Very similar.
Speaker 5: I mean that first meeting, you come in and you want to see what the message like. First of all, everybody was shocked within the team that the move was made. So that's that. Then the new coach, Jeff you know, he's got to sit in front of the room. A lot of guys, you know, on offense. They're not around Jeff Aulbrick all the time, not in meetings with They know that he's the coordinator, they know that he's got a big role in the team, but they're not dealing with him day to day on the offense special teams. So it's the first time that collectively the team gets to hear Jeff's message, and he doesn't have a whole lot of time to.
Speaker 3: Think about it. Like he's a football coach.
Speaker 5: Coaches live in seven day life cycles, just like players do. They're all about game planning, preparation, making sure that the team is prepared for the game. Now he's got a much bigger role in addition to all those things he's got, but also he's got things decisions to make game day, you know, whether it's challenges okay, or we tick to the field goal we punted, like, all those decisions now are on him. So he's going to lean heavily on these other coordinators right now, but still game day, the spotlight's going to be on him Monday night in big moments and what you do because these games are being decided by a call, by a play, by a decision like you see how closest thing is in this league right now, the head coaches is under the microscope.
Speaker 1: He brings a lot of juice.
Speaker 4: Obviously, he's orchestrated a turnaround from the defense. Robert Sala stuck with him, and he credited Sala. He gave a lot of gratitude here in his first press conference as head coach, saying that I wouldn't be in this position without Robert. In twenty one, that defense took its lumps, but now four years later, this Jets defense continues to play at an elite level. So he has been the guy there calling the shots.
Speaker 1: But to bald these points, now.
Speaker 4: You have to look at the entire operation and game day is going to be completely different. One of the things that I thought was interesting is he said, likely no changes on the staff, but I have to look at roles and responsibilities, and that could mean offensive signal caller and defensive signal caller because Albrick was a guy. Obviously he's calling the plays with this defense. Does he call the plays on Monday Night?
Speaker 2: I mean, we see some guys who belie Ta Bowle still calls the defense. At least I believe you think about you know, I know, we don't think that Andy Reid calls the plays, but come on, so like, but you know these are veterans within that role.
Speaker 5: You talk about Joel McDermott calls the plays now, but you know he's got to make all those decisions.
Speaker 2: But you also talk about trying to call a play but then to challenge, not to challenge how many time outs do we have left? How can you handle all that in game administrative stuff as well and do that This is something that he's learning to do now. He doesn't have a preseason to learn it. He's got to do it right now. So does he hire additional staff to handle challenges? Does he delegate those type of responsibilities? And also the week leading up to now instead of going and doing his game plan, now I have to address the media. I got to listen to questions and all that type of stuff and address everybody. So like, it's a big responsibility and no matter what your one staff member down. So do you hire a staff member because Robert Sala had a his roles as well, which allowed everybody else to have the road is kind of like the next man up mentality. But then what you can't make sure that in this game, you know the difference between winning and losing so minute that you can you can't make sure that something slips through the cracks because simply we don't have enough people or manpower delegated to be able to make those decisions and go through the everything that has go through.
Speaker 4: If this defense would have continued its current trajectory this year, Ulbrich was gonna get head coaching jobs out there, and he might have landed a job. But as Bart's talking about, like, Okay, when you look at Monday night in the big picture, do you think that he should step away calm plays or you just don't have enough time on the defensive side of the ball. Because he coached the senior ball in Mobile, Alabama, and he since said, you know, if I'm the coach, I would look at it from a CEO type angle.
Speaker 3: It's hard to give up that duty.
Speaker 5: I mean, the guys are used to listening to his voice, listening to his reasoning, listening to his rallying cry when they need to do that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: And if you remove himself from that, if somebody else does it, are you going to get the same effect that they have been getting. The defense has responded time and time again. You lose c J Mosley, Jamien Sherwood steps in playing great, you know, so Michael Carter goes down, comes in, so you you know, Jermaine Johnson goes down. Will McDonald you know, becomes a starter, becomes an impactful player, like you're seeing what you want to see. You want to see the next man up like without any drop off. And we've kind of seen that and so like he's had that effect and that that sort of you know, if you're looking for a head coach whatever, that's one of the things I would sell myself on.
Speaker 3: Now, are you ready to give that up?
Speaker 5: To be the CEO and look at everything that's you know, that's that's difficult decisions sometimes.
Speaker 2: Because you can have you can have the playbooks and all the plays, but it's about when to call them, why you call them. So you give that to somebody, and then what happens is somebody calls some things that you wouldn't call you an agree with. It doesn't work out, that's still your baby, you know. I mean, you have to be able to somebody has to earn the right to kind of take that away from me. So I can see him still having to call it. But then maybe delegate some other people to handle the challenges and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I remember talking to Jeff last year before the Eagles game. If you remember in that game last year that they won, Well, you had no sauce, you had no DJ, you know, no card, You're down your top three corners.
Speaker 3: So I remember talking to him, like, what are you gonna do today, Jeff?
Speaker 5: And he starts laughing, you know, like he goes, well, you know, I don't think I can just you know, blitz the whole time. I got guys out there. There's never you know, from the practice squad got to hold up against aj.
Speaker 3: Brown and these guys. But he had a good he had a good plan.
Speaker 5: They took the ball away that day, they responded, and if they took four the ball away four times that day and so they were really responded in a situation that looked, you know, very very tough at the time. And so he's had that effect. He's had those moments, you know with his defense. To Bart's point, Uh, everybody has calls, everybody has blitzeres, the pressures when you call it, when you take that gamble, when's the right time to make this. He's got a good feel for it, And I don't know if you want to disturb that right now, right by the bigger duties that he has.
Speaker 2: That's the one concert right now as you can lean on, you can hang your hat on the defenses playing, and you don't. You don't want to disturb that and then to go fix that. So now that falls out of whack. So you just want to build with what's you're good at. I can see, in my opinion, I would just keep going and I would delegate some of the other things like helping move with challenges and administrative stuff that goes on during the game. Do we punt?
Speaker 3: Do we kick?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Because you know, maybe he can't address the whole defense when they come off the field because he hasn't pay attention to what's going on with, you know, the offensive side of the ball, what the down and distance is and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: What do you make of this that the Jets are two plays.
Speaker 4: Away from being four and one if sirline hits a field goal against the Broncos or your film breakdown that you put on the interwebs here recently, Garrett Wilson, it's never.
Speaker 3: One play, number one play.
Speaker 5: It just isn't like every good coach is going to tell you that, Okay, Greg misses a kick against Demver, we win the game. But like you could pick out ten plays where that game was decided they had well first of goal with the one they didn't score, is that is that Greg's zerline's fault. You know, you could look at the Tennessee game and will Levis, you know, just you know they're going into making fourteen to nothing and he gives.
Speaker 3: The ball back.
Speaker 5: You know, so you can always do that. That's easy to do, But you can look at it the other way around too. In games that were tight, they could have lost those games just as easily.
Speaker 4: Sometimes offensively, we're saying the defense is where it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: They're playing an elite level.
Speaker 4: They just held in Minnesota well under its averages. They give up sixteen points, it came up with two takeaways. Quincy Williams damn nearly scored on that fumble recovery. He had accles making a huge interception. That gives you the ball and plus territory. It gives you an opportunity to win offensively. What's happened in the last two games because the Jets really had a complete effort against the New England Patriots, were unable to build on that against the Broncos, limited to three field goals, and then last week plagued by a slow start in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: How does this change?
Speaker 2: I feel like right now they have to identify who they are and what's their philosophy, right, because I feel like this is an offense with no identity and they really have nothing to hang their hats on, like this is what we do well? Right? They have to figure out what we do well and how do we build on that and then expand on that and grow that. They have to figure out who they are, right and they have to start demanding a little bit more from each of their players to kind of pull in the same direction. Can't have mischees, you know at this point. You know how you talk about rookies like, oh man, you know, middle of the season, you're not a rookie anymore. Well, this offense is, you know, five weeks in, right, you can't say, well, you know, we just got together. It's time to start not having miscommunications. I have procedure problems starting to time to tighten the screws down. You know what I'm saying back the hatches, Well.
Speaker 4: How does Albrook put his stamp on the offense because he's coming from the other side of the ball and the staff is the same, how do you put your stamp on it now?
Speaker 5: Well, I think every head coach that comes from the defensive side of the ball wants to be a good running football team. I mean, after five weeks they're thirty second in the league, like they're last.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to be last in any category.
Speaker 5: But you know, when you have two backs of Breest Hall and Braylan Allen's ability, you have to look at this offensive line right now and say they got to play better. But why why aren't they playing well enough in the run game right now? There's too many negative runs. There's too many runs aren't getting any yards, and that shouldn't happen. And so like it starts out there, starts out there in the practice field, honestly, like, they've got to find three runs that they can hang their hat on against any defense and make them work, and they got to identify those. You got to identify. I'd go back and watch all the negative runs, all the players that have gone blown up because Aaron Rodgers has dropped back one hundred and eight times in the last two games. He's not gonna survive and they're not gonna win a lot of these games if they do that. They got to get back Bunce back of the offense, and they've got two backs that they got to get going, and I think that could go fix a lot of the roes on offense.
Speaker 4: Right now, the Jets a thirty second running football in the National Football I'm shocked by it because we spoke last year about the thirteen different offensive line combinations. You've had the same four guys up there. Old fashion news started the last couple of games.
Speaker 1: So maybe you get.
Speaker 4: Good news on the injury front with Morgan Moses, but you also a quarterback against a BILDI last year and you were still running the ball.
Speaker 1: Why aren't they running the ball right now?
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a change in philosophy. A lot of gaps games, I mean zone schemes. Maybe they got to consider that they got a bunch of dogs that are gap scheme guys. I love Tipmans of athletics has visibility to pull and get on the perimeter. I mean, you look at the most successful run games going on right now. Everything is about shift motions and angles, you know, and being able to block back and get the angles on people. You know. I think we've we've removed ourselves a little bit from the time where you just used to move men against their will. Think now it's about influencing or negative influencing the defenders and being able to get angles to move them out of the way and be able to create you know, seals where guys can have options, you know. So I would like, I.
Speaker 5: Think that philosophy is good Bart if you've already established that you can move the line of scrimmage and you can move bodies off the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seen them try to move by saying everybody's going lateral. So I think I challenged him that because you brought in Simpson. That's what he did and customed to doing. In Baltimore. Morgan Moses was there as well, Tyron Smith. That run game him next to Zach Martin was a gap, you know, power scheme. So I don't know why they couldn't do it. And y'all, I would love to see the skipper package. I would only say skipper package because you know, Dan Skippers is probably the most famous tackle elgible guy and all in the NFL dealing with the playoffs that year. But you have a good one in fashion. So I mean I feel like, you know, when big yeah, when Morgan comes back instead of having a tight end out there. And I listen, it's funny because we're talking about this the other the day and we were talking about on my radio show. We were talking about, you know, Davante Adams and you know what that means, but also getting a nice nasty fullback out there, you know what I mean. I know you Bola is not bad, but you know, you think about guys like Ingle and stuff like that, like those guys are are are pivotal, right. It used to be a time where the fullback.
Speaker 5: With Patrick Ricard, yeah you know and Juice right well yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna let all the get out of here, get on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got herpike right now, he's got to take but the podcast is going to roll on. But he's a hey man, give me thirty seconds on this week's matchup against the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 5: Well look, I mean it's when you face Josh Allen, you're facing you know, a rare talent. Okay, Like there's so many different ways you can hurt you. But the Jets have also forced him to do a lot of turnovers. He's gonna make mistakes. He hasn't throw an interception up this year. He has the two lost fumbles like that, It would be good if you forced him into mistakes. And then I want to see the Jets really establish a run. I want to see them. This is the AFC East, all right, you got a division opponent. You know them as well as you know anybody in this whole business. Like it's time to like make this an emphasis and forget about Aaron's ability and his ability to throw all that. That's good. Let's start running the football. They've got two big backs. Let's see him working concert together and get that thing going. Because I think if you're gonna, if you're gonna get back on the winning track and you're gonna start stacking some wins at some point this season and make a play for the division.
Speaker 3: You got to run the ball a whole lot better.
Speaker 1: Baldy, great stuff. Shift change.
Speaker 4: You can take your mic off, and Bart and I are going to roll on here Official Tests podcast Footprints.
Speaker 1: How much do you love Wednesdays with Baldy by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's always informative. They always have a good time. Man, we talk balls, man, that's my guy. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So this week's matchup Phils. If you consider it, we talked about this on Jet's game Day, do you consider this a must win game for the Green and White, the one game be hind the Bills in the division. This is just a sixth game of the year. That means there's eleven games after this. You could be three and three tied with the Bills.
Speaker 1: If you lose, you're two and four.
Speaker 4: You're on a three game losing streak, and you're basically two and a half games behind the Bills.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean this is one of those games where you know you can say, hey, things hasn't gone our way, but we have an opportunity. But all the things that have going badly, how much better would we feel about ourselves and how much people people feel about this football team if we get a big win on Monday Night football in front of our peers in a divisional rivalry game. You know it's all right there in front of us. I think you know, they have an opportunity sometimes you got you can't really dwell on what happened and how you got here, but you have to, you know, be able to figure out, hey, that's how we get out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a braveheart scene.
Speaker 4: Do you think the Jets are gonna get a jolt from a coaching change here?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it could, right, it could be a joe to energy right, new perspective. You know, guys who aren't playing, you'll see the opportunity to have a clean slate, to be able to play tribute and you know, just the philosophy, something to rally around, and you know, athletes and teams always, you know, thrive or look for the opportunities to have some of the rally around and pull together. Because right now everybody on the outside is is poking holes, you know, at this team, at this organization. So the only thing you can do is go to the bunker mentalities.
Speaker 4: How does that resonate in the locker room? Because you get back from London, you get a couple of hours sleep Sunday, it's Monday, and then you find.
Speaker 1: Out Tuesday that there is a coaching change.
Speaker 2: If your defensive guy a shot, well, well you know we've lost guys more carrier guys during the season, during training, I mean, during the BIE week and stuff like that. But to lose a head coach, that's like your main voice that you hear. But really, your your closest relationships are with the coordinators and your position coaches. So from a football standpoint, I don't think it matters a lot because you know, it doesn't affect your daily preparation. Right, the same person that you listen to for an install, you're gonna see the same install group. Everything's gonna be the same. The difference is the team meetings, Right, You're not going to have that. You know that that relationship, I mean because when you go to practice, you're you're dealing with the coordinator. I mean, you might see the head coach, but you're not talking to the head coach. Yeah, what I mean, you're talking to the coordinator. Not a lot of one on one right, Right. You know, you're on this side, the offense on that side, and the head coach is behind the offense, so it's most of the one on one time. So I think they'll be fine from that standpoint, you know, But I'm sure it's guys here that you know we're here because Robert Solove was the head coach, and you know those relationships matter, so you worry about you know, how he's feeling his family. But at the end of the day, you understand you have a job doing. You have to move forward.
Speaker 1: So Baldi wants the Jets to get the run.
Speaker 4: Game going got to you. You're there as well. What have you seen from Rogers so far?
Speaker 1: Through five games?
Speaker 4: Obviously the last couple of games a lot of dropbacks. If we talked about teams are blitzing the hell out of the Jets.
Speaker 1: He's taking a being less too.
Speaker 2: That's why you want to run the ball so he doesn't expose itself.
Speaker 4: But what's going on is the play action. You can't have play action unless you're running the ball. Well, can you pass the ball to set up the run? And also let's talk about present a motion.
Speaker 1: Where do you land with that? Is a guy who's defendedive before.
Speaker 4: Also from an offensive perspective, if you're looking at the Jets and you're looking at a cure for their ills right now, do you think they should be using more motion?
Speaker 2: I think so because it's just eyew wash. Right, you end up where you're going to end up, but it creates a distorted picture for the defense. The defense has to kind of break down past all the shifts motions and really see what's going on. But it forces them not to focus on the formation to play the Tennessee's I can't read all my keys if I'm looking at all these shifts and motions. But when I'm able to just line up, come out, and you're going through a long cadence and you're at the line of scrims in eighteen seconds, it gives me about ten seconds to look at the splits of the tackle, look at the posture of the guard, look at the depth of the running back, look at the splits of the ride receivers. It allows me to gather all that information because I don't have to talk to anybody and communicate.
Speaker 4: Even though it didn't bother you as a player, you think, what you've see, what you've seen so far early in the season, a lot of defenses are strong.
Speaker 2: Well. Well, remember I was with the majority of my groups for a long time, so we had seen that. Remember this group you know on the on the offensive side hasn't been together. It's a collection of great talented players, but they haven't. They haven't did it together. Like so from an offensive standpoint, you know, I mean maybe it's difficult to do all the shifts and motions, but if you add them in, you know, just like you know, Aaron says his cadence is a is a weapon. So it's formations right because it doesn't allow you to see the final picture. So you know, guys that have to communicate. Now everybody's great communicators, right, and you force the defensive line have to listen. Now they now they have to listen instead of paying attention look at the ball. They're hearing the communication from the linebacker switching strengths. So now I gotta shift. Now I gotta go back, he said, a half shift, you know, back and forth. And now I'm like, man, I'm tired because now it shifts over here. Then they're like, oh, we had a blitz on and so like all those things just give people more information than they need and it messes them up because now they have to see more because you're doing more. So whoever can handle the mental stuff the gymnastics, mental gymnasticis you know better, should have more success?
Speaker 4: Why just some veteran quarterback And I'm not even speaking about Aaron because he's been open to using it more. He's acknowledged that and said the game has changed because they talked to him ten years ago and he said, I don't like that. But why do some veteran quarterbacks resist that?
Speaker 2: Because it all depends on what what your upbringing was. Yeah, what systems you grew up in. I mean, if I feel like if you're in a Sean McVay tree, I mean, that's been an advantage, right, It was always that because they hided the simple runs and the simplicity of the offense. Right, some people like to just go line up and they want to be able to Aaron. I'm assuming it gives Aaron an opportunity to read the defense how they line.
Speaker 1: Up if he's not doing that.
Speaker 4: But again, he's not a record by saying that he's more open to it than he's spent in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I feel like, you know, they need to have those conversations because you know, what was popular, you know, back back then. I mean it's not probably anymore. I mean, remember the Bunch was popular. Now now you see different formations every year. It's new things that offense are doing that's unique and causes problems on the defense because what happens is all off season the offense is trying to figure out a way how to get advantage offensive coaches, coordinators, and in the offseason, defense is trying to look how to get how to get advantage and put put difficulty on the other side of the ball. So, you know, Ship's emotions has been something that's been great. It was great for Buffalo the first two weeks when you looked at Jacksonville, they were running around. They couldn't figure out what was going on. They couldn't look at anything because.
Speaker 1: They refuse to get out of man coverage.
Speaker 2: Right, how many blown plays? That's what you're looking for, because you know the difference in three or four blown plays are one or two plays can lead to big plays and touchdowns, easy scores, which is what you always want.
Speaker 1: Styles make fights.
Speaker 4: Buffalo's offense is scuffle in the last couple of weeks against Baltimore and Baltimore desperate team and yeah, yeah, and then there was twenty twenty game and interesting the way that game ended.
Speaker 1: But no digs.
Speaker 4: So you don't have this big, prototypical number one receiver who's gonna win a.
Speaker 1: Lot of his routes and they're they're scuffling. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And also they do first three weeks for them and then they went against better opponents.
Speaker 4: But historically here at MetLife, at Jetlife, the Jets have always played Alan Wells always. Do you anticipate a similar tune here Monday night?
Speaker 2: I mean I do. I mean, you just you know, you know this game is gonna be tight. You know, Allen's gonna make some plays. You're gonna make some plays. You just gotta make more than the Buffalo Bills, and you have to figure everything out. Play at a high level, understand what's at stake, play a clean game, make sure that they beat you and you don't lose it, so to speak, by self inflicted wounds. And I think they'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Other side of the ball, though, Jets offense gotta get going. When you look at the Bills defense, they've been gashed and run. We saw the Henry Long run, we saw the opening touchdown against Houston last week. Do you think that there's gonna be opportunities here for the Jets to get that ground game established.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's always opportunities, but I think it's more about the Jets than it is about the Bills and Oliver who knows what his status is. Bernardists back, so he's a guy that played with they had to torn pack and he came back and had it, you know, instant impact.
Speaker 1: So you know if Johnson plays, that would be big for them.
Speaker 2: Obviously I would attack. I would attack these safeties, you know what I mean, coming down like I think that's the weakness of their team. But they have to make plays and that's what it is. Can't have too many drops, can have self inflicted wounds. If you want to get a victory, you gotta play a clean game and see see both sides can execute at a high level.
Speaker 1: Are you excited to see what happens?
Speaker 4: I don't know after after, because this is this is a seismic move. Is that a third time in franchise history that Jets have made an in season coaching move and they're not doing this waving the white flag Woody Johnson saying that, hey, we're underperforming. I gotta make a change because I believe in.
Speaker 2: This team and I see if they continue to stay active in the trade market right to get that one.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect transition.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So what do you think what do you think about Adams being out there? That's the reports right now that the Raiders are openly gonna list listen to offers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, they rather do it sooner than later. But then again, you know, they know people need them and want them, so they're trying to, you know, to to get a deal in their favorite and then the Jets ort the Saints or whoever else. Then the market is trying to get something in their favorite. So you got to try and find something in the middle.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fascinating because.
Speaker 4: Up there's probably a mystery a couple of mystery teams out there too. When they say Jets and Saints, and the speculation is out there and whatever.
Speaker 1: We don't know what's making calls to the Raiders exactly.
Speaker 2: So you know that's the thing, and you know, I know that he wants to go to certain places, but the Raiders have to do what's best for them as well. And they see how much of that money they're willing to take on because they're asking a lot. They don't want to take on any money, or allegedly they don't want to take on any money, and they want a high draft pick.
Speaker 4: Give me an X Factor for Monday night, either on the Jets or the Pills.
Speaker 2: I probably say, man, it's time for X factor, somebody that we should depend on. But it has to be Breeste Hall. It has to be somebody that can that can you know, get home run explosively from the run game. If Expactor has to be the run game, because that's what's lacking. You have to protect Aaron Rodgers and keep him out of predictable third and lungs.
Speaker 4: And I'd be remiss if we didn't end on DJ Reed. Oh well, has he been playing bart.
Speaker 2: He's playing like all pro. He's playing like you know, top five corner in his league, and now if he keeps us up, he'll find himself as an all pro.
Speaker 1: Good stuff.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, man,