Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air evering where the Fifth Hour with Me, Big Ben and Danny g Radio Sunday. So it is also a holiday weekend. Should we point that out that we're doing fresh pods when we don't have to be doing fresh pods. It's a holiday weekend here it is also the first day of September, and here we are doing audio content. What is up with that? I can't believe it?
Speaker 3: And why is it still ninety degrees outside where we live.
Speaker 1: It's California. Global warming, Danny, global warming. It's all gonna die. Anything that happens is global warming. Clearly on this podcast we have the mailbag. But there was some stuff that I wanted to get to from the weekend Friday Saturday I didn't get to and I guess I'll start with this the wedding singers. So I mentioned yesterday that we had the nacho situation. I was doing some community service at the local high school snack bar for football and was the nacho guy, and then I tried to help weed man hippie out and was left very frustrated, very frustrated. So we had that. But then also I found out from the wife that we got VIP. We were offered a VIP all access passed to a wedding. Now I didn't want to go to the wedding because I you know, why would I do that. But my wife's like, she's like, listen, good news, you gotta get all dressed up. We're going to a wedding tonight. I'm like, oh boy. Now, keep in mind, I didn't know the person that was getting married. I didn't I maybe met that one time. It was one of the people my wife works with who it was her wedding, and fine, nice, nice woman whatever. But it's always like it's always weird to me, Like, you know, I feel like the whole wedding things like friends, close family, like close friends family. I'm not a friend. I'm not like close family. I don't it was. So I show up and it was a wedding in the lowest feelss neighborhood of Dodgers date. Now, if you heard the Friday podcast, you might remember potato again. Where I was leaving the TV show, the entire five freeway at Stadium Way near Dodger Stadium was closed for about twelve hours, maybe longer than that, because a truck had spilled over an entire load of fries and there were potatoes in the air everywhere, and it caused me to get By the time I got back home, you know where I lived, Nanny about two hours of sleep and then I had to get right back up and get ready for the radio.
Speaker 3: Show opening NFL night. You're going to have nachos and French fries.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So as when I was younger, the idea of an entire truck spilling over and having fries everywhere, it would just be a dream. But this turned out to be a nightmare. But that was in lose Phelis, so this also kind of in that area. I put my church clothes, my temple clothes on, I went out and I went to the wedding and there were a couple of things that stood out to me. Now, the first thing that stood out was the presentation, I'm all about efficiency. I think you know that about me, Danny. I'm all about efficiency. Se I pity the fool that doesn't give me my burrito the quickest path that most humans are wired. I want the quickest path between two places. And at the wedding, you put up with the ceremony. It was a nice ceremony. They did a good job, but it's not my wedding. I didn't have anything to do with it. I was just there because of marriage my man. So after the wedding we have cocktails. It was like an open bar thing, which was nice. Open bar that's expensive, costs a lot of money. So then we have to go sit at the table or table nine. So we go to table nine, and I was a little hungry, wanted to have my meal. I know the food's not gonna be that good, but I want so at the wedding, they decide it's not only a wedding, it's a wedding and a show. So what they did was they had these people that were serving the food at this venue and I don't even know. I'd never been to the venue. I couldn't probably find the venue again. It looked like it was just this little nothing on the side of the road covered in ivy like it's Wrigley Field. And then walk through the ivy and it's like this palace, this mecca that they just hold weddings. I think that's all they hold in social events. So we're going there and table nine and they start serving the food. Well, somebody came out and spoke and said, hey, I'm here. You know, I'm the host and it's going to have a great time. And the wedding couple sits in the front. Everyone's staring at him and everyone's waiting.
Speaker 3: The person that spoke, Is that the one that paid for the wedding? Uh?
Speaker 1: No, they hired a DJ. Oh okay, a wedding DJ.
Speaker 3: Are you? Oh no, I've never done people's weddings, thank god, because that's more of like a strip club DJ where they talk in that fake voice like, hey, thanks for coming to the wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there was a there was a woman DJ, and she sounded just like that. She's so excited to see everybody. It's great to be Yeah, good time tonight.
Speaker 3: Coming up to the stage, chastitay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so again I was looking for the food. I always saw the men, and the men you didn't look all that great.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They come out with salad and then that's the first course. Don't want that, I mean, why would you want that? And then they have the meal, which is there was actually some bugogi and some rice. I was like, that can't be that bad. And then they had dessert. So anyway, get to the point. So the food people come out and it's table one and it's it's a show. What's the I'm trying to remember the name. Remember the restaurant where they put on a medieval Was it Medieval Times? Was that the name of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is the name of it.
Speaker 1: Is it still around? I think it is, like you're not Sperry farmed. So they this, and I think it was in Orlando too. They might do in a few of them where they'd have a show. Right, they had a show and they present them. So these people came out from the kitchen area and they were like they were it was like a military like a North Korean military drill where they're all in lockstep and they're high stepping with the table. They come out, they have a wooden plank. They put that out. Then they walk back and they walk in order with the plates of salad. They then pick up the salad and walk and marching like they're in the military, and they wander over to present the salad. That's fine. I mean, it was nice to see the first time they did it. But this wedding had a couple hundred people at it. You can imagine, Danny, the amount of time that was wasted by them putting on the show at every fricking table. And I was getting annoyed because I knew I was gonna eat the salad, and I told I told my wife, and I probably embarrassed my wife and the people that were there. I said, listen, just do the show a couple of times.
Speaker 4: We get the show. We don't need the we need the food, we don't need the show. And they kept doing it the entire night, and then they brought out the main course. They did the same thing.
Speaker 3: This is like a nomar garciapara at bat with the batting glove. Come on, hit the damn ball.
Speaker 1: Or as I said, I felt like I was in Pyongyang and a North Korean military rally, and they were all high stepping and doing the I mean, it was unreal. So fine, we get but here's the other problem. So we get through the salad before the main course. They know what's gonna happen. You're at a wedding. You serve the main course. Half the crowd leaves, right, Danny, you're there for the food. Half the crowd leaves. So they do the salad. I didn't need it because I don't eat salad. It's against my religion. Other than the Canadian South all a lot of Canadians. This was not a Canadian sound. So fine, So the salad of syrup. Don't eat that. And then the DJ gets up there and they want to have the wedding party gives some speeches, some toast to the couple getting married. So the bride'smaids decide they want to start talking. Right, and we know a little bit about public speaking, doing broadcasting. What is the key to public speaking? Give me in your idea in your head. And we didn't go over this, but what do you think are a couple of important points of doing public speaking?
Speaker 3: What do you think they would be? I would say quick wit and brevity.
Speaker 1: Yes, the word I used is brevity. We like to say in our business, leave them wanting more. I leave them wanting more. Don't be long winded. We don't need the full dance remix.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Don't give us up people tsunami.
Speaker 3: If you tell us story. We don't need the exact details of exactly what time it was in what restaurant, where the restaurant's located, the name of all the people that were at the party. We don't need all those sort of details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's beginning, middle, and end, and get out of there. These women keeve every effing detail of these stories.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I felt I felt like I was being persecuted. They had to enunciate everything, and it was a meandering and rambling and oh my god, I probably shouldn't have done this. But after the first one wouldn't shut up, and she kept preaching, and then another bridesmaid came up to deliver her sermon, and I then set the timer on my I have an Apple watch, and I set the timer and I was like, I told my wife, I said, listen, these things should be at the most ninety seconds. I think a minute, but I'll give you ninety seconds. Get in have thirty seconds to set up your story, the meat of the story for thirty thirty seconds to wrap up, get out, and this next lady that spoke, it was like seven minutes, seven minutes of being a squawk box.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it gets even better. So I thought, well, there'd be two speakers and that's it, and then we'd move on and we'd get the food.
Speaker 3: No. No, it was like they were each doing a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was like they were they were speaking. It was like the you know, the wedding was like a funeral, and they wanted to give their eulogy. And I was like, oh my god. So the third one gets up there, and this get's even better. Another part of public speed you have to be able to improvise a little bit. Now you have your speech planned out, you do beginning, middle end. But then the other part of it is if there's multiple speakers and someone gives a story, don't repeat part of the story because the story has already been told. And one of the people getting married is a huge was a huge Kobe Bryant fan, so they all had they The first person that spoke gave a Kobe Bryant quote from back in the day, and then the next person after that gave the same exact quote, and before they gave the quote, Danny said, I know this was already used, but I think I need to say it again, and then repeated it now. So at that point I had had enough.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is ridiculous. So then I said, I got to go to the bathroom. So I just I didn't even have to go to the bathroom. I just walked away. I left to be able to go to the bathroom. So then I come back and fortunately at that point the thing and end. I actually walked outside for a little bit to get some fresh air. So I came back and now they're back serving the food, but the same thing. Danny, I'm getting a show. I'm getting a show. I didn't want a show. I'm getting a show. And they bring out the food. They had the table, they put the plates down, they march around like they're in the North Korean military or whatever, and it was, oh my god. So I was waiting for the wedding singer to get out there, and we actually left after the dessert. The dessert was pretty good. They had this chocolate cook chocolate chip cookie with like cream in the It.
Speaker 3: Was really good.
Speaker 1: That was a good dessert.
Speaker 3: Who was all right?
Speaker 1: I mean, but the weight is too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole thing sounds like it was like five blocks just to go across the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little much. All let's get to the I got some other stuff, but let's get to the mailbag. What do you say you want to get to the mail bag. Here we go, Let's get to the mail bag. It's all right, thank you, OHIOO. These are actual letters by actual listeners. The first one is from Kevin in Kansas. He says, dear band and Danny g. Though I'm retired, I still know when a new school year starts. In school, we always ask students about career choices. Now, I'm sure you're both more famous than most. Where are you today as related to your school day choices? So I'll go first here. When I was in school, I always wanted to be as I remember, I wanted to be in broadcasting. I think as a child, I thought I was going to replace Vince Scully as the voice of the Dodgers. That never quite worked out, but I thought I'd be a play by play guy and I could travel around and call games, and boy, that would be awesome. And that would be my life. So I remember telling teachers that that was my dream, and many of them spat Lougi's at me, saying, that's not realistic. You know you shouldn't you know? Whatever? What about you, Danny?
Speaker 3: My first grade class took a field trip to a local firehouse and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. And they let some of us slide down the pole and look at the fire engines, of course, and the firefighters came out and spoke to us. I thought that was the coolest job. So as a little kid, that's what I thought would be were on.
Speaker 1: The pole was a little kid? Huh? I was attracted to the giant metalcock. Oh damn you.
Speaker 3: I thought that would be cool. But as I got older, radio called my name, and I remember what was it called Careers and Goals was the class my freshman year where we had to write an essay about the career path that we wanted to take. And when I wrote my paper about broadcasting, the response back from our teacher in the Careers and Goals class was that one in five hundred people make it big and broadcasting you might want to have a backup plan. Yeah, screw you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember when I was taking classes and they were talking about broadcasting careers and I'm like, well, you know, you might make it, but you're gonna have to work in seven thousand different cities and you're gonna have to move around, which means you won't have any relationships. You won't ever get married, you won't be able to have, you know, a family or anything like that. They give the whole rap. And but you mentioned when I was little, But yeah, when I was very little, I wanted to be Gi Joe. I grew up near a lot of orange grows. When I was growing up in southern California and Orange County, it was actually Orange is there, so I was surrounded by orange grows. But we had two I was literally in between two military bases. We had the and both gone now we had the El Toro Marine Base and the Tustin Marine Base as well, both there, and I remember on the open house. My parents would always take us to the open house and it was such a different time. I think I've talked about this before in the podcast, but we would as little kids. They'd allow us to like go through the tanks and the fighter jets and sit we were like able to sit in the fighter jet and the cockpit of the fighter jet, and I'm thinking, like, imagine that they did. There's no way they would allow that, now, right they didn't.
Speaker 3: That's right. You told me before that the Gi Joe that you met let you shoot off the Bazuka. It was.
Speaker 1: It was insane, like like, I wonder whether that was allowed or these soldiers were just bored and they're like, hey, I don't care the kids sit in the tank. You know who cares?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm guessing that.
Speaker 1: It was a long time was I wanted to be that and then I was like after that, I think I was planning on playing sports, but I did like firemen and police officers, and I thought I could do that.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Never became Vincecully, but at least I met him and knew him a little bit, so that was cool. Well, and you did Dodger talk?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I did. And I'll never forget when I talked to Vin one time, I said, hey, Vin. In my head, I thought Vin Scully is listening to me driving home. Take calls about the time, and I said, you know, vinnam doing the post GiB show. What do you what do you listen to on your way out to the valley? He lives out, he used to live out when he's around obviously way out in the valley, he said, Well, Ben, I enjoy classical music when I am the definition of a loser. Oh well, Mike, and Fullerton says, Hello, Benny and the best penny of all time Danny g Radio. Let's go, he says, in response to Alf's question from last week. No, Fullerton does not have a sports book. We're not a town full of degenerates, so we don't need one. With that said, Mike points out, if gambling ever is legalized in California, sports gambling, you better believe the biggest, most beautiful sports book in the world will be built in the great city of Fullerton, he says. And now that you're helping listeners set up email accounts, are you worried you won't be able to keep up with the flood of questions sent into the fifth hour every week? Have you considered teaching people how to use radio as well? It could be a nice little side hustle from from Mike. Yeah, I think he's referring to a bit that we did on the actually got a couple emails about that Dave as well from Salt Lake. I wanted to know whether or not we were forced to do that or we did it on our Now I should announce what I'm talking about. So we I had a shtikola on the show the other night, Danny where and this was not playing. I want to be clear, this is not choreographed. Otherwise it would have been good. It was not choreographed. So we got this box and Eddie comes into the studio tosses me a box. He says, you got some mail. So I immediately ripped the box open. What's in the box? Well, it turns out one of our great listeners of the skuy A Reek in Minnesota had purchased some stuff for those of us on the show, but he had messed up the order and the wrong box came to the Fox, and so we had said, hey, if you get a box, make sure you send it back. And I apologize. Well, Eddie didn't know that, and I assumed that since Eddie gave me the mail that it was fine and had my name on it. So I opened it up and it was the wrong item. So it had to be taken back up to the mail room in the skyscraper. So I Coop didn't know how to find the mailroom, so I had to direct him, and I used the Rapid radio to direct him. And as our friend here in Utah in Salt Lake and Mike and some other people, I did not write your names down here we're trying to figure out. So I was directing him, was like, hey, Coop, you know you got to you go out of the elevator. You go in the elevator, Go out of the elevator, you know. I think it was like the fifth floor, go through the double doors, make a right, go to like the third door on the left. And I was doing the whole thing, and uh and so it was actually really good cause the Rapid Radio You'd thinking that giant skyscraper, the thing would stop working, but no, it was fine.
Speaker 3: It was one. Yeah, it's a national LTE coverage.
Speaker 1: Huh. Pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get to actually meet some of the big shots from Rapid Radio coming up here. I'm looking forward to that later later this month.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Uh, who else do we have? We have alf from the gates of the Big e in West Springfield, mass He says, gentlemen, since you've both said that you have ties to Springfield, Old mass When did your relatives pick up sticks and move their wagons west? So if that's a that's a fair question. I don't have the exact year. I know that my grandfather from when I was a kid, the gentleman that spoke the Yiddish, and I know from when I was a child he told stories about living in Springfield during the Great Depression, so you can imagine around that time and then I think he moved out to California. I want to say, like the nineteen forties, so, and I don't know how long he was in Springfield, but I tried to find the house on the internet. I think I talked about this before alf and the house my We did find the address the house my grandfather lived in in Springfield, Mass but it's now an on ramp to a highway, so there's no there's no going in the old house there. That is that is got What about you, Danny, Have you gone back in the archives find out the date of relocating from Springfield heading out west.
Speaker 3: No, I've seen pictures for my mom's collection. They moved out to California in the mid sixties, so they they left Springfield. I think she said when she was in junior high school, my grandpa, I know the story that my grandpa bought a home in San Jose for thirty thousand dollars in the mid sixties. That, by the way, that house just sold for two million dollars.
Speaker 1: No, so you got two million dollars into the not me.
Speaker 3: My aunt is in charge of that estate. She's not sharing that money with me.
Speaker 1: No money for you. I did see though, in pine Bluff, Arkansas, you can buy a house there for four hundred dollars. Wow, you have to be in pine Bluff, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm told, though I didn't see. I'm told those houses need like thousands and thousands of dollars just to make them livable. But you can get the property for four hundred bucks. I told weed Man. I was like, hey, why don't you just go to Arkansas? Dude, you can get a house for four hundred bucks. And he's I almost to stay in Miami. He's anyway, I don't want to go back. I want to go back to that. Enough of that. Fred in spring Texas right since it has Ben and Danny Hello, he says that your meeting greets Ben, how close to he does your mental picture of folks you've talked with over the phone match up with the reality of meeting them in person. He says, well, I don't usually have that good an idea of what people look like. There's some people it's kind of obvious, like Surfer Todd the comedian, Like Server Todd the comedian, I kind of knew what he looked like. In my he looks just like what I thought he would look like. I've seen photos of the aforementioned Weed Man Mark the full name guys, so I know what they look like when I go in there open minded. I don't really have any preconceived ideas on what people look like. And there's usually a fair amount of good looking people, a fair amount of people that are average looking, and a fair amount of people that are like me that are ugly. I'd say, usually, how that is that these Mallard meet and greets? But I only go in fred thinking anything I would like to point out, though, And I don't know whether I should make a bigger deal about this or not. There is some chatter that an unexpected Malard meet and greet could end up happening during the football season. It will not be on the West coast. It will not be on the West coast. That's all I can say. It is not confirmed. I have no announcement, but there were some people that contacted me recently about a Malor meet and greet. They want to make it happen, and normally I don't do these things during football season, not traveling because I can't really go anywhere because of the gig. So we'll see whether or not this works. I just want to throw that out there. It's a possibility. Mike writes in from somewhere in Ohio. I don't recognize your town. You should probably name a bigger city. Anyway, Mike says, are you guys excited as I am about Windy's and their new SpongeBob item which is coming soon? Did you see this? No juice?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well good, this will be new. I'll get your reaction. So Wendy's is doing a partnership with SpongeBob and they are making a big deal, but they haven't promoted it yet. They can be a bunch of commercials. They're doing the SpongeBob squarepan. It's mythical Crabby Patty Ah.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it online right now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which seems kind of cool, but when you actually look at what it is, it's just the regular Wendy's hamburger with a special secret sauce that they're they're putting on it.
Speaker 3: I bet they have a secret sauce for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a standard Yeah, it's a standard burger. Pungebob never revealed what sauce he used. So they just like cook something up and then they have some kind of pineapple thing. Did you see that. It's like a pineapple. I guess it's a pineapple frosty vanilla pineapple frosty.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Eh. Where does Wendy's rank on your big board of fast food, Danny.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest with you, I haven't been going there in the past few months because they just start charging way too much for what their food is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's across the board, right, It's across.
Speaker 3: The pretty much. I mean, I think the only decent value out there is for our family at least, is we'll split bowls from Chipotle and three entree items from Panda Express. Have you ever ever?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: An in and Out? In and Out is the place that we go for burgers and fries.
Speaker 1: What about the endless pasta at Olive Garden?
Speaker 3: Have you been able to We are not an Olive Garden family because the times we have gone there and comes out of you. It's not I'll just say this, it's one of those places where you feel it for days after you eat there.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that the Olive Gardens like Chinese food. Now, I thought it was Italian food. I know, yeah, exactly, yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, this has been I think till November seventeenth. They have thirteen ninety nine endless pasta along with unlimited amount of breadsticks, soup or south back in the day, my wife's grandfather, Luigi. This is a funny story. I've told this before, but there's new people listening, I hope. Otherwise we're just talking to the same people. So this guy, Luigi was like authentic Italian from Italy, grew up in Italy, moved when he was in his like third twenties, maybe mid twenties, he moved to America and he's still had an Italian accent and all that. I love. The guy who was great passed away couple years ago. But the funniest thing about Luigi, a guy that grew up eating Italian food. They just called it food in Italy. He loved the olive garden. We could not figure out why he loved the olive guard. It was the most bizarre thing in the world that he loved the olive garden.
Speaker 3: It's the same reason why Mexican people love Taco Bell. It's just like a cheap, unhealthy version of their food. Like if think about it, your Mexican and your mom makes pasole and homemade tamali's, Like you say, your mom and your grandmother, they're famous for their tamalis. Well, none of that stuff tastes like the crap at Taco Bell. I think that was probably the fast food version of what he grew up on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably it sounds are you a psychologist?
Speaker 3: That sounds I'm a doctor what he grew up on, but way more fatty flavoredness.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, But it was the funniest thing. And I knew him the last few years of his life. Again, like a finny, proud Italian man just can't get enough spaghetti and fetucini at the the olive garden.
Speaker 3: It was pretty Yeah, well you and I we've never been We haven't had the opportunity to go to Europe or Italy or any of that. Yeah, we've not got to go to Sicily or Italy. But one thing you do hear from people when they come back, they say the food is good, but it's very simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like our version. It's like the Chinese food. I've heard stories that American Chinese food is nothing like the local delicacy in China because they just cover our version with sugar and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sugars and sauces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that that sweet spot that everyone tries to get. There's that right combination where if you combine the right amount of fat, sugar, and salt, it is just Heaven tell me, it is just amazing, and everyone's trying to find it. I did see there was a foody story. This is not an email, but did you see McDonald's is I don't think they've done this before. The Chicken Big Mac is coming to the US.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the McDonald's has decided why not, we will. Uh, this is a viral international McDonald's. McDonald's menu item coming to the US soon. The CEO of McDonald's recent confirmed that Americans will be able to get the chicken version of the Big Mac, just what you wanted. The Chicken Big Mac has landed coming soon.
Speaker 3: A couple of weekends ago, we were somewhere where there weren't a lot of options to eat, so I got some McDonald's. I looked for a grilled chicken sandwich. They don't even have that on the menu anymore. I had to get a fried chicken sandwich and it was over fried. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, they tried for a while McDonald's to sell all these healthy things, and they realized nobody wanted to buy them, because if you go to McDonald's, you don't want to buy a salad or a rat.
Speaker 3: Sucks. I would argue that a lot of us that was our go to there because we're like, well, if I have to eat here, let me get the healthy option.
Speaker 1: That's true. However, the people that do the book the bookkeeping for McDonald's, they're like, well, we're not selling enough to make this, you know, just a the cost.
Speaker 3: But yeah, let's just cater to all the fat asses.
Speaker 1: I saw a KFC. I was gonna do this yesterday with the foody thing. KFC has a new item, limited edition KFC ice bucket. You want to take a guess how much that's going to cost?
Speaker 3: Twenty dollars?
Speaker 1: All right, twenty bucks for a bucket to put ice in?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out that is is wrong. The KFC limited edition signature bucket.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, limited edition. Oh that's got to be forty dollars then.
Speaker 1: Night, Well, buckle up, buckeroo. It'll cost you one hundred and twenty nine dollars and ninety five cents. What one hundred and thirty dollars for an ice bucket? Does it come with a lifetime supply of ice? Yeah? Good luck, good luck on that a bunch of Oh they are? And Tina, which is that's fifty bucks? I guess that's a little a little cheaper. Wow, that is price gouging. I would say we'll get out on that. Danny. I it's a holiday, but I am back tonight. I'll be doing the show over the holiday tonight and tomorrow and all that. No days off, I got the TV show this week, so we got to get ready for the NFL. What about you, Danny? Any days off here with the holiday? You guys working throughout the week on Covino.
Speaker 3: And Rich Now, normally Covino and Rich would work on Labor Day, but the boss told them that he had coverage for them, and so the guys are taking the day off. So yeah, they returned to the airwaves along with me and Spotty Boy on Tuesday afternoon from two to four pm on the West Side and that's five to seven pm and beautiful Springfield, Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: Alf the Alien Opineer, all right, very good, have a wonderful rest of your day. Remember there's still a chance to watch Benny Versus the Penny. Unlike most weeks, since there's no NFL game, they usually kill the show once the NFL games start, which would be today and it's Sunday. But there's no games today until next week, So funny of time to catch Benny Versus the Penny, our season appetizer to get you ready for the entire year. And we have a lot of win totals and different props and whatnot we're doing on today's or this weekend's edition of Benny Versus the Penny.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, before I forget Alf and my guys in Massachusetts, I recorded a special promo that will air on NBC Sports Boston tomorrow on the holiday, and I think it's going to air during Felger and Maz which is the top sports radio show in Boston, and it's on NBC Sports Boston. So check that out if you get a chance. Let me know how it looked, let me know if it was all right. It's a quick spot. It's just a little promo for Benny versus the penny. But any promotion we can get to bring new people to the crowd, I'm all about that. So have a wonderful rest of your Sunday, enjoy the holiday weekend, and hopefully it will be with me tonight on the radio, and we'll talk to you when we talk to you.
Speaker 3: Austa Pasta got a murder. I gotta go.