Speaker 1: It's nine O gene Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: So this episode is called Ray of Hope. Those words don't usually mix in our show, Ray and Hope.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: But they're really trying hard to redeem Ray. They really are.
Speaker 2: I think they owed him one like redeemable episode. I think it boiled down to that.
Speaker 3: I mean I felt like he really had evolved. I don't know timing wise, if there was quite enough time from the when he pushed you down the stairs to.
Speaker 2: The whole season right season, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Yes, and Jenny, I think you're onto something. It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like it erased all the things he did, with the stairs being like a minor part of it.
Speaker 3: Minor but like a small like one of the yeah, one.
Speaker 4: Of the parts, one of a lot, and do you guys remember it?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: Like knowing Jamie was coming back with this part of his deal, I mean, they obviously had let him go, so I was so why would he even want to come back?
Speaker 2: I mean behind the deal when he left that he would come back for one episode later on and it would be something that would redeem him.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow as yeah, Wow, that's a big that's a big get for him as an actor to like, you know, have that in his deal to Well, they chance they.
Speaker 6: Did him wrong from the beginning.
Speaker 3: They they do people wrong all the.
Speaker 4: Time, you guys.
Speaker 1: He was in the opening credits of the show this season. Yeah, like they plucked him out. They literally like plucked him out and re edited the open.
Speaker 3: Dahn anything. It's it's magic, It's Hollywood magic.
Speaker 1: I mean I might have had I been him, and again, I'm just playing with you, guys, but I might have said, no, I'm not coming back, and you're gonna pay me for the whole season.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, that would have been good.
Speaker 2: He should have had you negotiating for him at the time.
Speaker 3: You should ask for that, yeah, instead of just one Gus.
Speaker 1: It's one thing if he was doing a bad job, right, But I really don't think that Jamie Walters was doing a bad job. The character was not great, but he was performing the job well.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Well, I've I feel like I might be able to like him again. I don't know. His little fiance is super cute.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that's so crazy. That's Mira's big What else is she do? Yeah? What are her? What were her shows?
Speaker 1: Oh, Riverdale, great, but she has some melts like that. We kind of recognize her.
Speaker 6: From anything when she was younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks different, but you know, you know her, oh twenty four, that's what I watched her in twenty four. When you see her come in as raised fiance, you're like, are my friends with her?
Speaker 4: Like? I know her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's real late and I thought they looked right together, unlike Donna and Ray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she looks a little like music y edgy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the bangs and the her style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very comfortable with the situation.
Speaker 1: It's like you get the impression that he told her everything and she's good.
Speaker 4: She's good with it all. She didn't have any sort of like animosity towards.
Speaker 3: Donna, not yet. I mean, wait, let's talk about it. We have like four major storylines I think in this episode, and let's get to all of them. iHeart Podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app. Season six, episode thirty, Ray of Hope, aired May fifteenth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 6: Synopsis.
Speaker 2: Donna is in disbelief when Ray returns, but he's not alone. Valerie has to find Colin to save herself and Nat from financial ruin Brandon, Kelly helped set up a sting operation for the fugitive Prince. Carl is charming Claire away from Steve. Meanwhile, Joe is ready to go back to Beaver Falls and it's too Fuck the Question.
Speaker 3: Directed by Gilbert Shelton, Written by Jessica Klein and Phil Savas.
Speaker 4: This feels like a finale.
Speaker 1: It feels like the season finale, but it isn't, but it feels like it is.
Speaker 3: It is it? Are we near the season finale?
Speaker 1: We have two ago, Yeah, there's two left. And when it aired, I don't know if it aired as like a double episode in one night or if it aired over two weeks, because it's sort of a part one and a part two of Steve's birthday.
Speaker 2: I think maybe I feel like thirty one and thirty two were like together.
Speaker 4: Can I just vent for a second about the show?
Speaker 1: Yes, And I know everyone gets mad and they're like, we love Valerie. Valerie is so caustic toward Kelly when she's asking Kelly a favor, and then she just is awful about it, like like mean, like I felt like it was almost too much for even Valerie, Like they're writing her.
Speaker 4: Like almost too mean, really, Oh my god, they's like helping her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, that's weird. Why did she We're talking about the first storyline, you guys, where Brandon and Valerie set up a sting upper to find Colon Colin. Kelly agrees to help, but I don't even know why she agrees to help, Like, what is it the Brandon of them?
Speaker 4: It's naw.
Speaker 3: And that's why Brandon's involved because he don't get Randon, you know about Colon.
Speaker 1: He's still roommates and family friends with Valerie, so he's going to help her out the home.
Speaker 3: And he's Switzerland always the first time I've seen Brandon and val do anything together for a very long time. Yeah, pretty much, right, Yeah, I didn't. I didn't believe it. I was like, wait, really, I just didn't believe that he would be I guess for the now of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I'm glad they sort of stay that because otherwise we would have been like, w tf are you doing it?
Speaker 2: I mean, and a vengeance for Kelly because Colin Colon got Kelly involved in that situation.
Speaker 3: But didn't Brandon was well, what is the scene with the last scene with Brandon and Colon what were they was? Were they friends?
Speaker 4: Even that was weird. Remember they know he sort of.
Speaker 1: Like made as I would call it, like sort of an amends like he was sort of just pleasant.
Speaker 4: I would call him pleasant.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing, Colin like is the reason for Kelly's spiral, right, and then Valerie hooks up with him. I don't think I think they make Valerie too evil in this episode by being so aggressive and mean like vispiral. Yeah, Like, I think Valerie has a heart right, like somewhere deep in sort of her her antics.
Speaker 3: She definitely does.
Speaker 1: It's like she would be a little bit like I think she'd be more appreciative of the fact that Kelly is helping.
Speaker 4: Like Colin pulled a fast one on all of us, right, even me.
Speaker 1: I was like, I had this feeling he wasn't in that motel room, but I was like, maybe he is.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought he was gonna be in their.
Speaker 6: Same picture it this way.
Speaker 2: If they had written her like she's grateful to Kelly and they're mending ways like, then there's no reason for them to kind of be at each other. Which I really enjoy that, I really do.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it too good.
Speaker 2: She's bad and I love seeing you guys go at each other and Brandon in the middle.
Speaker 6: It was the perfect reesome for me.
Speaker 4: Oh, it drives me, baddie. It's too much. It just drives me, Baddy.
Speaker 1: It's like, at least like let them three link up against a common enemy.
Speaker 4: It's like, I didn't. I don't know. I don't really.
Speaker 1: Need Kelly and Valerie still going at it when I'm like, Colin's the loser, Like let's get that guy.
Speaker 3: And maybe don't like each other.
Speaker 1: Key could even Kelly could have some compassion, like, look, I get that this is very I'm asking a lot of these characters. But Valerie should be way sweet and appreciative of Kelly sweet.
Speaker 4: It is probably a bridge too far.
Speaker 1: But and Kelly could be like, hey, even though I'm over him and he wronged me, this is her guy. Maybe I can have some you know, compassion for her because he ditched her and took all her money.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, I don't think Kelly should have.
Speaker 2: Him compassion for and then well if in like the next episode, they go at each other again about something, I just like, Oh, I like seeing you guys play off each other because it's two so different dynamics, and it really like, I don't know as a viewer, I like watching that.
Speaker 1: So Torri, you're saying like maybe they could have like made slight ams.
Speaker 2: Some after and then something down the line they get fired.
Speaker 4: I actually think I would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: It's too much for me when she he says some hateful things as she's crawling into the back of the Mustang.
Speaker 4: Is that a Mustang he was driving that black it's not his original Mustang, that black car.
Speaker 3: I think it's a black Mustang, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's like, oh come.
Speaker 2: On, oh see I thought and I couldn't tell and it didn't look like it that it was Kelly's BMW because Colin has Kelly's car phone number.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, you're right, thank you, touring back when there was a different phone, your car phone, and it would just like.
Speaker 4: Brand In driving driving it. Oh yeah, it's Kelly's.
Speaker 2: Car, because otherwise that would look sus to Colin, if Colan if she showed up in Brandon's car in case.
Speaker 1: Like, I feel like Valerie's just a bit too mad when when her anger should be at Colin, like it's Kelly didn't screw it up. Kelly got the call from him and got a location and call and pulled a fast one or.
Speaker 2: But we always blamed the woman. Whether it's their fault or not. It just happens. It's a female thing.
Speaker 6: You know what you.
Speaker 3: Said, you said what was too much for you? Was that whole thing. But we know it was too much for me. What was when Susan was leaving for her National College Newspaper convention and just like the way they were eating each other in the foyer.
Speaker 2: You just had lock job PTSD. That's no.
Speaker 3: But it was just like get a room, you guys.
Speaker 6: And I didn't do it to her?
Speaker 2: Why he doesn't mac down on her face as wide. It's like it's like dis not as comfortable.
Speaker 4: I don't feel them like I'm like, okay.
Speaker 6: No chemistry.
Speaker 3: It's like the making out, Like I feel like they could, you know, get down and dirty, but I don't feel like they it's.
Speaker 6: Like brother and sister. I don't know. There's nothing, not.
Speaker 4: A lot of love. Like I'm like, do these two love each other? No?
Speaker 3: No. The thing about also that was weird was when Kelly went into the drug dealer's house again totally totally crazy. That was so brave of her. Also, bit I just thought that it was played wrong because she would have been really fighting with a lot more after having almost been raped in that house the last time she was there. Wow, it would just be too difficulty.
Speaker 2: She's a woman on a mission. But it was just and fearless. Do you know who.
Speaker 6: Played the drug dealer?
Speaker 4: Same guy?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: But I for some reason didn't realize this before. It's Gordon Curry, who played your boyfriend in the wheelchair?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, maybe you were gone when we talked about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I think we did talk about that, which also.
Speaker 6: It's great with dark hair and a demon on his back. Loved it.
Speaker 1: I don't like that guy, but yeah, I feel Kelly isn't going to go in there. And also like he gives her drugs like I mean yeah, and she got rid of them, but still it's like what is going on?
Speaker 3: Like they were walking out and Brandon was like, did you buy anything?
Speaker 1: Can we also talk about these people are like twenty one years old? Like don't I feel like do I need to call an adult?
Speaker 4: Like it's like this is just way too heavy.
Speaker 2: I liked how he got aggressive, he was like, give them to me, given to me, Yeah, I like that too, And can we.
Speaker 6: Talk about your shirt collar?
Speaker 3: Not was it extra large?
Speaker 6: It was very what stored?
Speaker 2: Was it like a seventies kind of The whole outfit was cool, but it was like a very long collar.
Speaker 3: I felt like a detective, Like that's an outfit an off duty detective.
Speaker 1: Would where.
Speaker 3: Like you know, when they're going out for a drink. It was funny when that when she did get a hold of Colin on the phone and she plays the part and then she hangs up and Valerie won't even look at her, and Kelly, you can just see she's so relishing in her moment of proving val wrong or like.
Speaker 4: Val really, this is the other thing. You never really liked her.
Speaker 2: Like damn, I mean to you too, if I was like this, I did all of this, I put my club, I put money on the line, fish, I thought me.
Speaker 6: And he still loves her.
Speaker 4: That guy's a real ass. He is a real jerk.
Speaker 6: Well we call him Colon, so real ass.
Speaker 1: Calling him the right name because this guy is a jerk.
Speaker 3: You know what I just want to say before we go into the next storyline. In the beginning of the show, when they did the establishing shot and you see the beautiful Walsh House exterior, that just was like I wanted to freeze from it and just keep it on my TV forever, because you know, such a miracle that that house didn't burn down and eaten fire.
Speaker 4: I had the same moment when I saw that.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, this is so full of like history and gratifude, gratitude and like wow.
Speaker 4: So that houses and this is terrible and so tragic the houses around it burned down, burned down?
Speaker 2: Is that almost like it was surrounded by angels and kept it were to preserve for because we're what like comfort comfort food were the mac and cheese, but something really comforting for people and especially like fans going through so much and being so scared. It's like this beacon of light, like it's here for you, still still there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's so funny you're saying that. I literally had a debate in my head in the shower today, Crystal.
Speaker 6: That's scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, it really is.
Speaker 6: That you're out loud.
Speaker 1: No, I have been talking out loud, but it was going in my head fully going like a.
Speaker 6: Full like back and forth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if Kelly should have ended up with Brandon or Dylan. Like literally, I think maybe it's.
Speaker 3: Because these the things you think about in.
Speaker 4: That was a good fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: In the superfan Wow wow oh, I.
Speaker 1: Went did should they have ended up together? Shouldn't they have been more clearly? If it was Dylan, shouldn't she have been more clearly with him? Then I started thinking about that Dylan does go spend time with Brenda like during this time, Like I was going hard in the shower about this, Like.
Speaker 6: Where'd you land with that debate with yourself?
Speaker 4: You know what? I didn't land? Thank you for asking that, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Poor to be continued, Like I literally have thoughts on it.
Speaker 2: Like most of the world, I think, whether you think she should be with Brandon or Dylan, you're still kind of confused a little bit everybody.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe that Jason doesn't like I'm maybe I'm doing this because we're coming to the end of season six and we're starting seven, which is I also wanted to get some stats.
Speaker 4: This was all going through my head.
Speaker 1: I want to know if the ratings start to go down in season seven or if it's not until Jason Lee is And also like Jason could have come back for the finale for your wedding.
Speaker 3: But I know, I'm we tried, he did, I know, I'm no, we tried anyway.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: They tried.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I thought, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure, Jen, if we had executive produced the last season, I feel like we could have gotten him back, everybody back, everybody back, because we're good at that.
Speaker 3: We have our ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have long hard ties as family bond.
Speaker 6: But yeah, he try and.
Speaker 3: Be very convincing you are that you have a gift.
Speaker 6: But they tried hard, you guys.
Speaker 2: I believe they even tried to get a video of him something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like you know, am I crazy to say that I feel like you have one more in you? That there's one more nine oh two one oho something to come?
Speaker 4: Jen?
Speaker 6: How often does she say this?
Speaker 2: And she says like it really must each time, at least like to get it.
Speaker 3: Three times a season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like there's at least one more. I feel that way also about Gilmore girls anyway.
Speaker 2: Like, Hey, so I was doing a little scrub dub dub. You know what I happened to think about you got one more in you?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you decided that, Amy. Yeah, I believe it. For Gilmore girls, I would. I think that they have it in them.
Speaker 1: But I love it for you guys, that there's a story to be told, but you need to be Kelly and Donna.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: I love what you guys did. But it was definitely a little film noir edgy. But like, let's bring it back as the characters.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 3: I just feel like that, how how without Dylan and Brenda? I don't somehow it was hard enough to do it without Louke.
Speaker 4: Right, I get it, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: It gives me not good goosebumps.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh, like you're sweating. I see you sweat a little sweaty.
Speaker 3: It's a little grossy. Lamp has just got sweaty.
Speaker 4: I actually saw that. Well, okay, switch to something that was like amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do the storyline too. Rai's back and he's engaged to a girl named Wendy played by, like you said, Marcel Nichols.
Speaker 4: His hair is different.
Speaker 3: Wait, can we just talk about first When the producer guy with the floppy hair tells you guys, or is he your agent? I don't know. He tells you and then you go into that crazy when you flash back and you see your fall again. I had to watch it again twice because once it's never enough with that.
Speaker 6: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: And just when I thought I would never have to see that bad not that she was bad, but.
Speaker 6: The wig, and you could tell it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: The padding.
Speaker 6: Again, here we go again, hope last time.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I also think if I were Jamie Walters again, I'd be like, you're doing me dirty. Still, like you got to show that clip remind everybody.
Speaker 3: I thought this was my redemption episode. Right It's like what Donna says, she's gonna flip out, and ironically I could. I couldn't stop thinking about her hair flip when she said that that was a fulllip. Okay, And on that front, everybody's hair except Kelly's looked like it was from the nineteen fifties and the like I was, Walt did everybody's hair. It was really it was flippy time. But that was back in right around that. I do not think so oh yeah, we would be.
Speaker 6: Why would we have flips?
Speaker 4: It was not good.
Speaker 3: We didn't have flips.
Speaker 6: Well, your hair's too short to flip. But just do you wait.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh god, it's gonna get flippy.
Speaker 1: God, I feel like Claire had to flip even like weird, like her hair was weird.
Speaker 3: Happening, Oh big bow in it?
Speaker 6: Or I don't know when that would make sense.
Speaker 2: If it was a double up, it wouldn't be our normal hair person, it would be another hair person, which Walt never did us.
Speaker 6: Maybe it was Walt.
Speaker 3: There you go, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, but he.
Speaker 3: And then you go and you accept the job without even like running it by Joe.
Speaker 6: Because I don't know that running livelihood by my man.
Speaker 1: How about running it by your therapist, like it seems like such about.
Speaker 6: What Donna doesn't have a therapist so bad?
Speaker 4: Like your bo probably.
Speaker 2: Probably would have run it by Kelly, but Kelly's on some steam operation in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: I know. Again, we have the storyline so disjointed for the most part. Yeah, which I think I don't love. It's like I don't love that.
Speaker 1: I mean, were you pleasantly surprised when you see Ray or were you like.
Speaker 4: This guy.
Speaker 3: Oh when we see him as viewers or when Donna saw him when.
Speaker 1: She as you see him as viewers, like as the audience, like I can't remember nineteen.
Speaker 3: Ninety so I was like, oh god, this guy again.
Speaker 4: I kind of was too.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not this guy again, but like no offense. But I just I thought that was over and we were past that.
Speaker 1: They did him dirty from the go, and it's like I could have liked him as her boyfriend, just like I like Joe, and I have a lot of thoughts on that because by Joe.
Speaker 3: Hi, I have a thought on that. Why is Joe's shirt so giant? I was like, why is he wearing Homer Simpson clothing? I don't understand.
Speaker 6: I was so upset and distracted by that.
Speaker 3: Surely that would fit, Like I don't even know a linebacker.
Speaker 2: It's like I forgot to get him a shirt for that scene. So they just went to you know, they have racks of clothes for extras and guest stars, and they just puth one.
Speaker 4: I'm distracted by that, as when he says, can I kiss you? You don't have to ask, Like it's just like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, there's more. Why is also in the scene with doctor Martin? Yeah, why is he staring at him like that?
Speaker 6: Wait? Who's staring at who?
Speaker 3: Joe is staring at your dad at the end when he's like, I'll tell her soon, and then you cut to the dad and then you cut back to him and he's like like what why smiling. I don't understand this.
Speaker 1: Also, first of all, the only reason to tell the dad is if you're going to ask for her hand in marriage, right he did.
Speaker 3: Which he does, but maybe he didn't know he was going to.
Speaker 1: He asked you to marry him, but he didn't. Like the only reason you tell the dad like hey, I'm I'm moving and I'm going to tell you I want to marry her. But then it's like he didn't do that, and I'm like, what is happening? Doctor Martin must have been like, bro, why are you tell me this?
Speaker 6: He was so cool about it.
Speaker 3: He was like, are you planning on telling Donna about this?
Speaker 1: Doctor Martin is a good dude, can I really is like, you've got a bad mom on this thing pretty much, but a good dad. Your dad is cool and he's like this rad doctor too.
Speaker 6: He is good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know talk me through this. I don't know football, well, thank you.
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: You're a quarterback on the college team and have a future as a pro. But you're gonna go back to your beaver Falls, go back to your high school for I'm going to stop you beaver Falls.
Speaker 3: Who's from beaver Falls? Why would they pick beaver Falls.
Speaker 4: On the eleventh of never?
Speaker 3: Is the quarterback from beaver Falls from UCLA?
Speaker 4: Because we're going to call.
Speaker 1: Because basically, see U is u c l A, right, so because like he's that legit right USC Ucla. This is the college quarterback for UCLA who almost died and survives and is going to have a full career.
Speaker 4: Is he not going to the pros? Because even his mon.
Speaker 1: Pa that he loves so much would say, hey Joe, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Want ten million dollars, You're not Yea.
Speaker 3: His heart is scaring him. His health is fearful, and he probably knows that he he can't or made.
Speaker 4: Thank good Tory doctor Martin said.
Speaker 6: Yan Bill this nervous about it.
Speaker 4: Not the team, doctor, but.
Speaker 3: Like football, and when you have that brush with mortality, your priorities change, Ladies.
Speaker 1: Any any college athlete that's like as good as Joe, that meets Steve Young, that is like this is my life, is not bailing on it?
Speaker 2: Well, he quotes Steve Young. What does Steve Young saying remember made him remember?
Speaker 3: It's he said, Uh, Joe Bradley, He says, Steve Young told him to figure out what you want to do, which is play football.
Speaker 6: That's open ended.
Speaker 1: And Joe Bradley is going home to Beaver Falls and he's gonna find himself a nice wife that works at the bank, sells the apple pies at the diner, works at the bank. They're gonna have four babies by the time he's twenty.
Speaker 4: It's like, come on, this is the tales.
Speaker 2: He'll have to have two jobs problem, Like what is I don't understand what he wants here.
Speaker 6: He has Donna went on.
Speaker 2: Football career ahead of him, and he is the girl of his dreams.
Speaker 6: He wants to marry, Like.
Speaker 4: Well, what I have two thoughts? One is do we think Donna would have given it more serious thought? And number two? Have these people not heard of long distance? Like why did you break that?
Speaker 6: Threw me off? When this is goodbye?
Speaker 3: He's moving and he's not back.
Speaker 4: There's airplanes and that's the.
Speaker 3: Life he wants. He wants that life that he grew up in and he wants that easy, simple wife and he wants like normalacy.
Speaker 4: But if you love Donna, he does.
Speaker 1: He would have said, Donna graduate school and then come to Beaver Falls, or let's let's let's give this long distance of fry, like they're not going to just be like on a beach.
Speaker 3: Wait, before the beach, before the beach they go. So he's mad at her and leaves right about the the video she's gonna do with Ray. And then the next time we see them together, they're outside the peach bit like arm in arm, loving each other like they were just in the middle of a fight, or he stormed off and then now they're back together. Because I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought they had a conversation where he says something like do what you need to do.
Speaker 4: You know he does, He's that guy, do what it's right for you.
Speaker 3: Well, he also said, what do he say when they were walking, Joe says, it's a nice night, and Donna says, well, you're really a nice guy. Oh gosh, it's a nice night. And then you say, well you're really a nice guy.
Speaker 6: Well it was fitting with my hair in the fifties scene.
Speaker 4: I know, it felt very grease like to me. Everything, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Right, and then the scene on the beach.
Speaker 1: On the beach, I was like, is this Samy. It's the og Sandy and the og Danny and Danny. That was so sweet, not not the you know, grease lightning Danny and so crazy.
Speaker 3: I thought he was leaving her in his mind. He was building it up with the talk with the dad, and we thought that's where it's going. And then all of a sudden, he like changes gears in the middle of the conversation and says, will you marry me?
Speaker 6: I was very maybe he'd taken.
Speaker 2: His head, because if he didn't, he would have had a few more days to plan it out.
Speaker 6: Asked doctor Martin.
Speaker 4: Get a ring, I have an inappropriate question.
Speaker 6: Oh great.
Speaker 4: Do we think they only kiss or do we think they do other stuff?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you take that one.
Speaker 2: I think they do like heavy petty.
Speaker 1: No, no, heavy, we call it laying down kissing, Like they didn't just do standing up kissing, but they did laying down.
Speaker 3: But can you explain heavy petting to me?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I just remember that's a term like my mom would.
Speaker 3: Be like heavy petting, get rough, pett don't pet me. I'm not a dog. I think they've done what you other stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, other stuff I think they do. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I think Donna would, but I don't know where Joe stands on it.
Speaker 4: But I became curious, like because I think if.
Speaker 6: They why why do you need to know?
Speaker 3: You said, why do you need to know?
Speaker 1: Because I think if they do, do that so is even.
Speaker 4: More like connected to her.
Speaker 1: And I think that him just bailing because he's going to beaver Falls or whatever.
Speaker 4: It just seems so like no one's doing that, like even like the.
Speaker 2: End of the season, they need to get him off. True.
Speaker 4: No, it's like by by Cameron Bancroft, like thanks for your service.
Speaker 2: It's just if I were Joe, I would have told her about beaver Falls. I want you to come with me. I don't know if I can. I'm not ready. And then him say like, well, you know it's gonna be hard, but I love you, so let's try this out for.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: What if what if.
Speaker 2: A year down the line, she's like, you know what, it's still him. I'm in love, I'm moving to beaver Falls.
Speaker 6: I think there was I will say this no.
Speaker 1: Because in my mind, because I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the ten.
Speaker 4: Seasons as a whole. Ray, Prue and Joe.
Speaker 1: Bradley like made an impression on me, right like Susan don't care, sorry, Susan. The other two really made an impression, And I think we could have done more with them, right, Like, I feel like we really could have had they been written properly and given their their due, that.
Speaker 4: We could have like we could have like they could have been real like a part of this.
Speaker 3: Maybe I just had a few follow ups to the whole beach scene. First of all, I thought it felt like I was watching like a movie of the week or like Grease made for TV kind of a thing, or like it was so like all Mark Baesbury and like all marking full and long. That was the longest scene ever? Was that scene?
Speaker 4: Loop?
Speaker 3: Did you have to loop that scene? Because I felt like that wasn't Donna's.
Speaker 2: Technical that happens, but I couldn't tell. Usually I can tell the difference in my voice. I couldn't tell, So I wasn't sure you.
Speaker 4: Remember shooting that, Tori. Can you remember? Though?
Speaker 1: That's such a bummer because it seems like it would be so big, because it's like it's the end of Joe and Donna.
Speaker 6: Why are their shoes on? Bothered with me?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it was just a really long scene of really quiet talk on the beach. I don't know how he would have heard you. So I feel like I had of baddo and I was watching so closely. You did an amazing job, but it was just the tone, like I know, probably it just felt different to me. I don't know what I've got it, but I was like.
Speaker 4: That line did me in very moody scene though.
Speaker 3: I did love.
Speaker 5: I did appreciate how your eyeshadow matched your shirt, that you had a yellow shirt on yellowy eyeshadow.
Speaker 2: And it was so ninety That was right when Hard Candy Nails came.
Speaker 6: Out Hard.
Speaker 2: Gem on the bottles. They sent us every color and voided me and Kathleen went to town on those colors, coordinating with outfits, but also Urban Decay stepped in that same moment and sent us and it was like a whole palette of funky colors that no one used.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, wow, it was good. What about the scene with Okay, So he's popped the question and you're back at the apartment and you're coating and then Claire comes over, yes, and you kind of talk it out for a little bit. It was very uh, very also very moody.
Speaker 4: Yes, Claire in her Claire's in her feelings.
Speaker 1: Also because the Prince has really touched on something with her mom, which I actually was happy about because I feel like we gloss over that so much and She's feeling her feels and Donna's feeling her stuff.
Speaker 4: It's kind of lit, sort of dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 6: I gotta say it. Really.
Speaker 2: The writing was great, performances were good. It really got me about two girls in their twenties talking about being little girls growing up, fantasizing and dreaming about their fairytale wedding.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, it was very real. It was a good real scene was always nice.
Speaker 4: I bet.
Speaker 3: Jessica wrote that did you like Clara's vinyl pants which were so noisy I couldn't squeak that she couldn't literally move because every time she made any kind of like breath it would be.
Speaker 2: Like So I was like fixated on their dialogue and their faces, so I didn't look down until I heard the squeak, and I'm like, cure, she had vinyl Traans.
Speaker 4: Did not notice, and.
Speaker 6: Then I looked down. I'm like, oh, you can tell when she ahead of time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you when she took a like sat down with you, it was like squeaky, squeaky, squeaky silence.
Speaker 6: Like emo not a thing in the nineties, So very cool.
Speaker 4: Well do we think she's falling for the prince?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, I think. Well it's hard because it's just tugging at her heart strings.
Speaker 1: He's clever, He is clever with with his his like moves.
Speaker 3: What is his motive?
Speaker 4: Maybe he's clear he wants her, he want mebe.
Speaker 6: He really likes Steve Nah, no, okay, no.
Speaker 3: Oh he keeps calling Steve a prince.
Speaker 1: First of all, he made that move for the date, like he was like, Mark, this is my opening.
Speaker 4: And Brandon's kind of like, hey.
Speaker 3: Buddy, yeah, head's up.
Speaker 1: Just nothing is more iconic than the two of them watching.
Speaker 6: My dad shows.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like that he should always have his mouth wires shut. He's comedic genius.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they're watching Matthew Houston. What are they watching? Vegas? Matt Houston and one more love Boat? Oh yeah? And and Brandon sings the love Boat.
Speaker 2: Theme Brandon sings the theme never get Away with That as we sang because we didn't hear Jamie.
Speaker 6: Walter's new song Reckless, And.
Speaker 4: I know we did not hear it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did hear the shows. So I was like, who.
Speaker 4: Sang the love boat theme? Like in real life?
Speaker 3: Was it Isaac?
Speaker 2: I always thought it was Isaac pat Uh not Paul Anka or Anka Paul Anka.
Speaker 4: No, but that'd be amazing. Well, I'm looking, we need to look. I mean, you know, Alan Thick wrote a lot of those theme songs at the time, but I don't think he wrote the love Boat.
Speaker 3: Like I get in trouble for singing it right now.
Speaker 4: I mean a little.
Speaker 3: But we could try the love Boat. That's all I know.
Speaker 4: We'll be making who sang some Who sang the love Boat?
Speaker 6: It was Jack Jones Jones Wow, good call, wow.
Speaker 4: M I mean that was great and it really made me want to go and watch Matt Houston.
Speaker 6: Who was a question?
Speaker 1: I know that I saw, Oh my gosh, what's his name? Oh my gosh, he the gout the star of Vegas. What was that his name?
Speaker 6: Robert Urich?
Speaker 4: Eric, thank you, Tory, good job.
Speaker 2: Little note not that I was on all my dad's shows. But the three they showed Vegas, MATC Houston, and Love Boat.
Speaker 6: I was on.
Speaker 4: You little Star of Matt Houston. You will get one dollar. Don't google it, nobody google it.
Speaker 3: Fade again again.
Speaker 4: The Star of Matt Houston. It's hard.
Speaker 6: Oh, Lee Horseley.
Speaker 4: Tory, you get a dollar your dad shows.
Speaker 6: Like I, it's weird. If I didn't know the star, I've never even heard of that show.
Speaker 3: So great, Oh you had him.
Speaker 4: It was very eighties. I think it was in the eighties.
Speaker 6: You would have liked it.
Speaker 2: It was like a detective show, but he was like from the South, almost like a cowboy guy.
Speaker 6: But like.
Speaker 1: The show, Vegas didn't have a dollar sign in the s didn't Did you ever watch Vegas? I only watched the.
Speaker 6: We did it my dad.
Speaker 2: My dad's autograph, he always put a dollar sign in S for spelling. Yeah, since before Vegas. So I wonder if they incorporated that.
Speaker 4: That is sort of braggy.
Speaker 6: I know, and he was so humble, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I don't have any s's in my name.
Speaker 4: Do you imagine when.
Speaker 2: I look at it now and people were like, look, I have an iconic autograph from your dad. I'm still like, that's my dad was so humble and kind and never wanted to brag. And I was like, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 6: He put a dollars sigh old.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Vegas premiered in nineteen seventy, so they're basically watching like rerun after rerun after rerun, and like BINGI Robert Urick was looking pretty fly.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was foxy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Remember the scene with the and send Claire would win when they went out to dinner.
Speaker 6: Yeap?
Speaker 3: Was that one fast forward for anybody else?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, because I don't know what happened inside my brain, but it was like I had it on fastward. I actually checked on my phone to make sure it wasn't on the fasty forward thing. It was cut so tight that I was like, wait, wooo.
Speaker 4: So much short I was watching these shows on your phone, you're missing No.
Speaker 3: I wasn't to control my TV on my phone.
Speaker 6: This is just you're so conscious wanting to get through.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Because I kind of like Claire in The Prince.
Speaker 4: I did too. I like her more than I like her with Steve, and then I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like her to go beat the Princess. And then we go and do a spinoff and watch that.
Speaker 4: That would be good.
Speaker 3: That's what I want.
Speaker 4: I mean that we start thinking about the one more India.
Speaker 3: M I have another thing to say. Place hold, please hold. Okay, first of all, it's a miracle that by the end of this episode, Steve's jaws completely repaired.
Speaker 2: Right, and he's eating a mega burger between the first step.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, maybe yes, a mac and cheese, Maybe some mashed potatoes, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Ete a fry, like come on, what.
Speaker 3: Also you you were talking badly about. I don't think I can say this. Can I comment on someone's figure?
Speaker 1: Sure, let's say that we know that this isn't the most appropriate thing, but we're going to do it anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to shout out when Val was in the kitchen talking to Brandon, she has the greatest figure, Like it's not skinny, it's just like plump in all the right places.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, he's wearing sort of like low pants and a cr crop top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you feel kind of good about myself, I.
Speaker 3: Know, because I want to see that natural body, Like all right, I want to see some something to you know.
Speaker 4: He's really pretty, like she really is less awful. I would love him.
Speaker 6: I didn't love the purple sweater crops.
Speaker 3: Oh what about the hair and the hair, the hair, the frosty lips. I know you love him, the.
Speaker 4: Frosty lips, toy. It's so funny because you pointed that out last.
Speaker 6: How that's all you see?
Speaker 4: I was real like, whoa a lot of frosty.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if we've ever seen VAL's hair all pulled back off of her face like that. Oh, it was such an interesting look that it was like up in a Barrett.
Speaker 6: Just that uh, just that photo shoot with the four of us.
Speaker 3: I like her with her hair slicked like that, but yeah, she popped out. I didn't really recognize it.
Speaker 4: Is it me?
Speaker 3: Or does Joe look exactly like Robin Lively?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay he does, though I don't know that it's Robin.
Speaker 3: Please side by side them.
Speaker 6: These are really good called Jennet's like.
Speaker 3: He looks Actually, he looks exactly the same as he's always.
Speaker 4: Looked his siblings, for sure.
Speaker 3: Can you see how cute he is now? Though? Look?
Speaker 4: I know, and she's so pretty.
Speaker 2: If this is true, and I believe it is as well, I wonder if that was ever weird. Jason looking at Cameron Bancroft, thinking, oh, he looks exactly like my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Do you think he did.
Speaker 6: No, guys, don't do that.
Speaker 4: I don't think that he would see it. But when you say it, they look like they could be siblings, because like, look at Robin right there.
Speaker 6: If it was it's the nose, they could be.
Speaker 1: Brother and sister for sure. Bankroft was so cute back then. You guys like, I remember all the girls being like, this guy is hot.
Speaker 6: We have to get him on.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't. He's like a teacher now before he's gone.
Speaker 6: Wait, he's a teacher, Beaver Faults.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's gone, Torri, he's gone. You said before he's gone, he's gone.
Speaker 2: Well, we have two episodes left, so we got to make it happen.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's in him. I think he's gone. Oh what he didn't say goodbye to?
Speaker 6: It was Beverly Hill's family.
Speaker 4: I think he's gone.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: That one scene and just Sionara deal later, Sion, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: It's sort of not a It's not the farewell I felt he deserved. But I guess sure, you don't have to ask.
Speaker 4: Is what we got?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 6: Yep, yep, breaking up his heart.
Speaker 1: Basically, we've got the peach pit at risk and Valerie has no money.
Speaker 2: I know, and that is so good. Like he's gonna have to put down money. It's just like and he's like, it's okay.
Speaker 4: But where's Jonesy?
Speaker 6: Like he says, can we get in Mexico?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: I feel like Jonesy could find Colin Colin in like a minute, and I feel like jo charge I got that and comped gratis.
Speaker 6: Jones for something.
Speaker 4: Jonesy's got all of Dylan's money millions, he can do this one for free, just saying.
Speaker 3: You guys ready, yep, I'm pretty excited about my masterpiece right here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's what you were working on. I thought I thought Jenny.
Speaker 3: Was just like seeing somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought Jenny I was.
Speaker 3: On a mission. Can you see you?
Speaker 6: Or I got it?
Speaker 4: As siblings? I don't I.
Speaker 6: See even twins like Minnesota twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hate, but one that was Funji.
Speaker 3: Now I have that pig sure in my camera roll, which.
Speaker 2: Is weird, which is going to be awkward day if it pops up somewhere.
Speaker 4: What do y'all give this episode?
Speaker 3: Ooh, yeah, I'm gonna go seven?
Speaker 6: What I'm gonna go? Eight? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't. Okay, I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I had heard Reckless by Jamie Walters. Maybe eight point five.
Speaker 4: I give this a ten?
Speaker 6: Whoa a ten?
Speaker 4: Mm? I do.
Speaker 2: Listen, lady, you have two more to go. It's the finale.
Speaker 3: She she's been in her shower thinking about it a lot.
Speaker 1: Though, a lot, because I think we're we're I don't think we jumped the shark in seven, but in eight it's we're so past the shark.
Speaker 6: I think you have told us.
Speaker 3: I think you happy now that it jumps. It's time for you to stop. You're going to ruin everything for me. Somebody I'm gonna be persuaded that it's shark jumping, but really it's just good drama.
Speaker 4: Somebody on our crack research staff needs to find out when the ratings started to.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it's seven. I think it's eight. I think it's eight. I think it's when Jason Priestley leaves.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 6: Third, we're all worth something.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but that is the tip, like the twins are gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, both twins. You're right, was Dylan was Dylan there?
Speaker 4: Not yet.
Speaker 1: He doesn't come back until like nine or ten, So I think eight is gonna be rough.
Speaker 3: Do the ratings we have to find out. Do the ratings go up when Dylan comes back?
Speaker 1: Oh, that is a great question. I will call Jill Hudson at Fox because she.
Speaker 4: Was found.
Speaker 6: They dropped in the beginning of season six.
Speaker 4: No that we're all of No.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the season that Dylan marries Rebecca Gayheart.
Speaker 4: Like that was big.
Speaker 3: I don't think, my god, so much happened when we get to the end of the last episode of season six. Can we just do like a beat by beat, like, oh my god, recap of all the crazy things that happened. So many things happened.
Speaker 1: It feels like a lifetime ago.
Speaker 4: That didn't.
Speaker 3: That was this season, you guys.
Speaker 4: I know it's so crazy and they couldn't have dropped.
Speaker 6: Season six was fire?
Speaker 4: I know that was great. I feel like it was.
Speaker 3: Bus Just wait, what did you just say? It was bustin'.
Speaker 2: I'm quoting things. The kids say, what is that? It was fire? It was bustin'?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: They say, the craziest thing.
Speaker 6: Bustin'?
Speaker 2: Like great, like that was they eat something they love it. They're like, ooh, yeah, that pizza was bustin'.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: But they also say that eight.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard that one.
Speaker 3: So like if something's cool, they're like, oh, yeah, that ate so wild.
Speaker 2: Because usually words like you kind of get the connotation even if it's a new word used in its place.
Speaker 6: They just use words that make no sense and all it.
Speaker 3: But when they say that, I'm like, wait, what, who ate? How didn't eat?
Speaker 6: Did you eat?
Speaker 3: I'm hungry?
Speaker 6: Do you say that? And then they laugh at you or getting mad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to make them laugh.
Speaker 4: They just I think our parents thought all our words were weird.
Speaker 6: For sure, for sure, but like that one that was to the max.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 4: I still say, totally, that's so rat, I say, rad.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: My favorite ever is in Back to the Future when he says everything's heavy because in the fifties and then Doc or in the eighties he uses heavy, but in the fifties he says, oh, that's heavy, Doc, and Doc says, what why do you keep saying heavy? Marty? In the Future, is something wrong with the Earth's gravitational pull?
Speaker 2: I learn that you recite that Forbadien or at least we don't say gag me to the max.
Speaker 4: Oh you remember gag me with a spoon?
Speaker 6: With a spoon?
Speaker 4: Or was it that?
Speaker 6: That was very to the max? That's what it was and the spoon.
Speaker 1: Remember Moon Zappa had that song Valley Girl. You don't remember that?
Speaker 2: No theirl Is it the song for the movie Valley Girl or no.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was connected to the movie, but I think even in the song it said, oh, my god, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys were officially rambling. We need to wrap this up. I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 6: Now we just lost your interest.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 1: We'll have a wonderful time because coming up this week we have a very special surprise.
Speaker 3: I have a great week, everybody.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 2: Oh our next episodes, Oh it's a Tillheart finale thirty thirty two aired.
Speaker 6: Back to back. So this is it?
Speaker 3: H huh it's called you Say It's your Birthday?
Speaker 6: Part one?
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, we'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 6: Bye, God, love you guys.