Speaker 1: The Bachelor has been on for over twenty years. There has been love found and of course love lost amongst all the roses handed out. We thought we'd seen it all, engagements, weddings, babies, devastating breakups and forever friendships.
Speaker 2: But there is a darker side.
Speaker 1: Stories and scandals that were buried and never told, Questions that need answers, and truths that must be revealed. Beginning Monday, we bring you behind the camera and expose the stories that remained until now untold. A tell all from those you've gotten to know and love and those you love to hate. Ben Higgins and Ashley, I bring you Infamous. Sometimes roses are red flags. Listen Monday on the Almost Famous podcast feed to Infamous. Sometimes roses are red flags.
Speaker 2: Infamous is an idea that I think listeners and viewers, past viewers of the show and viewers today have been kind of asking for They're wondering what is going on with the show, and a lot of these questions that have been even made into television shows like Unreal that have lasted seasons. A lot of these big questions of how's the show actually made? Why do people kind of look the way they look after coming off the show, and maybe why is somebody a villain on the show that I meet them in person, they're so nice and friendly and welcoming. What is actually happening on this show to make people this way? This has been questions that so many viewers have asked for years.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, everybody always asks is it real?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Did they make you say that?
Speaker 4: And now something's happening in the Bachelor background. The crew that we have known for so many years pretty much gone. I know one person that remains. And because they're all gone, Ben and I, to be quite honest, have not so many ties there, not so many loyalties left.
Speaker 2: Is that why you're willing to do it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, I find myself to be just a little bit more honest about the things that you and I have been so protective of because we were protecting the people who worked there.
Speaker 3: We love them.
Speaker 4: They gave us so much in life, Like ever, so much of what we live today is thanks to the people that work there. And now that nobody works there, it's like, yeah, I can kind of tell some more stories. We can give you guys, a little bit more juice.
Speaker 2: The juice is necessary now. I will still hold on to it. I've been lying to anybody for nine years by saying I do not blame editing for all of the cast members' mistakes. I refuse to do that. I've been on this show. Editing has been a problem for a few but a lot of times it's the decisions that people are making, or maybe I should say it differently. I think what we're going to find is it's the input of trusted producers who help cultivate the decisions that we then look back on and say that felt like a mistake.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Ben is going to take this side, and as a victim of Malia may I say editing I am probably going to be a little bit more lax when people do want to blame the storyline that they were fit into.
Speaker 2: It's so many different perspectives. Ashley and I can agree to disagree on this, but here's what we're going to get into. The show has changed, it has It has changed over the years that Ashley and I have been doing the almost famous podcast. We've talked here recently about how we think the show could be better. A lot of that is kind of an off hands approach to producing. Also, the show has changed in the fact that people's pursuits are different than maybe they used to be. I think that's obvious to any viewer. The show has changed also in the lack of viewers that are watching this show. And part of infamous is going to be digging in to ask the question why have people stopped watching?
Speaker 4: I must admit that since people have stopped watching, there hasn't been really any infamous moments. You know, think about the last infamous moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you look it up online, what are the most infamous moments of The Bachelor, I think you would be hard pressed to find any in the last five times.
Speaker 4: In the Brown season was probably the last one people would call infamous, whether it's the podium move or her just relationship with Tyler Cameron.
Speaker 3: There was one more.
Speaker 2: Thing, the windmill.
Speaker 3: Oh, the windmill.
Speaker 4: We had sex four terms the windmill thing, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: What's his name? What was his name?
Speaker 2: Peter?
Speaker 4: Peter was in the windmill, Yes, but Luke was the one that she was coming at saying, guess what. I had sex the windmill four times and Jesus still loves me and it was amazing. And that was probably one of the last infamous moments that we've had and ever since then it's been a downlold sprial. But hopefully we do have Hannah Brown coming on the show in a couple months, and we're gonna have to get into those since her season is filled with those moments that we'd love to dig into further.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she would love to talk about all those moments. I'd probably be a blast.
Speaker 3: For her in prep for her wedding.
Speaker 2: You touched on a few things as we close here and get started in this infamous journey that I think is really really important for us to speak to. When we were on the show many years ago. The staff, a lot of the staff had been around for twenty years. Like they the camera and the audio had been around since the beginning episodes of The Bachelor and Bachelorette. The producers, a lot of them grew up within the franchise. They started as junior producers and moved their way up to EPs hosts of the show. Chris Harrison was around forever, right. He was known for The Bachelor and Bachelor for the first time ever, for the first time in Bachelor history. There is one person, one person we're still on this show, still around that we are familiar with and know of everybody else is new and that happened this offseason. That's a big deal. And so a big of the question there that I want to get to the bottom of is why, like why the change, why the switch? And then what what are they hoping has done differently to make this show back to what it was?
Speaker 3: And can we actually get it back to what it was?
Speaker 4: Will there one be a day in the future where Along Gale is back producing it and Chris Harrison is back as the host, perhaps after a couple of years break, and then it relives somewhere else like American Idol Dead. But we're going to get into this and we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get as many.
Speaker 4: Juicy details about what happened in front of the camera and what happened.
Speaker 3: Behind the camera here for you guys.
Speaker 4: So what we'll be doing is having some of your favorite casts come on to talk about what you saw on TV as an infamous moment, but also what they experienced behind the scenes, all the conversations that they had with the producers, how long it got for them to get to the point in which the dramatic moment was made. And then we're also and this is when it gets special guys. We're also going to talk to producers. We're going to try to make them as incognito as possible. We want to know why the franchise has seemingly fallen apart over the past few years. We want to know not just that, but also how these huge moments were produced and how your favorite seasons were produced, because sometimes it's even more dramatic behind the scenes than it is in front of the camera, as you see from shows like Unreal This.
Speaker 2: Will Be Infamous. Sometimes roses are red flags.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.