Speaker 1: Welc up to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Mia Thornton, affectionately.
Speaker 1: Created by me Mia b Lyon, the name Mia b Lyon is flying away from Potomac and she has landed in Atlanta, Georgia. So Mia said on her Instagram this morning, Dustin and Claudia that.
Speaker 3: Let me finish.
Speaker 4: I'm not laughing, doesn't I'm listen in a very listen on a serious note, Mia thor decided to move to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: She went from the back of the plane to the front of the trap. You know, I love you. Mia has flown, Mia, I love you.
Speaker 1: Mia has flown on frontier and decided to land in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: And we wish Mia the best, Dustin and Claudia. I was very.
Speaker 1: Saddened by the news, although not surprised and I'll get into that after Dustin and Claudia share their stories, because I want them to go first. But how do y'all feel about Mia be Lyon not being able to be in Potomac and not on the show anymore.
Speaker 5: I feel like Claudia needs to go first. She was a housewife, Like you need to go first, Claudia, go ahead.
Speaker 3: What's your expert opinion.
Speaker 2: My love?
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Is that bad? I think now that? I mean, I know, Carlos you're a big fan of hers. I thought she was interesting, you know the part that I did see that she brought some shit that she got that you know, that whole thing with the husband, the baby daddy, well the other guy and all that shit. Maybe she'd go on to Atlanta Housewives now and she and brinc Her and brit can be like bessies because I kind of see them like I could see like them kind of like vibing a little bit.
Speaker 6: Now, you so okay?
Speaker 7: So Justin you like you can't stand her for the show, and Carlos you're a huge fan, right, yes, yeah?
Speaker 6: And so Justin you're happy about this.
Speaker 7: Carlos, you're devastated about this because you think she's a big, big star.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say I'm happy about her leaving the show right, because that sounds I don't know. I'm not happy about her leaving the show, But I think she made the right choice to leave the show.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: We did not have a chance to connect to me in an authentic way from day one. She was on some fake ass shit being on this show day one her first season, the relationships never seemed authentic. She would be close with Karen one season, not close with her the next season. She had these relationships this season, not these relationships that season. She would overlook things that would be deemed egregious from Gazelle, but because she was trying to be friends with her, it just was all over the place. There was never an authentic representation of who the fuck Miah Thornton was on this show. And that's why people like me who have been watching this show from day one missed her right. We missed the connectivity moment when it came to me. Carlos has a very specific lens that he sees the shows through as a producer. He recognizes and appreciates things that he can pull from her as a producer that I may not see and be able to thus appreciate. Right, However, based on what I seen, beat it, you know what I'm saying. I hate to be like that, but you can go on and roll down the street. I also think that we need to kill this stigma feeling like your career is over.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If you don't work on The Housewives of whatever CD anymore, it's not the end of your work and entertainment and media if you so choose to pursue a path as such. Right, she just ain't on that show no more, and maybe other shows will be a better fit for her, Maybe other opportunities will come her way that you know the great things about me, It can be showcased and platformed and lauded and celebrated. Right, But I was tired of watching her on the Housewives. I felt bad for her husband, Gordon. You know, when do we ever feel bad for the damn husband? That's how you know we have departed from whoever we're supposed to be paying attention to at the time. And it was Mia, So I've been told y'all, I felt like she was all over the place and doing some wild, dirty shit this season that this past season, it was not her best moment. While I think that she brought a lot to the show and she could still be there, I don't think that she needed to go. But I'm glad I don't have to see her in inc doing like this, you know what I'm saying, for another season?
Speaker 3: Just glad I don't have to see that.
Speaker 7: Is there any argument to be made though, Like you know how you describe and everything.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's people that.
Speaker 7: Are on TV that are like that, that lie a lot and can't keep track of dates and all kinds of things and creick cases and you know what I'm saying, wealth and like that's kind of like a staple in the reality world, Like there's like you and I have like.
Speaker 6: Someone on the show like that.
Speaker 7: I could see why Carlos would be enamored with her being good for a show, because you got to every franchise needs like a villain.
Speaker 6: They need the person that they kind of go in on.
Speaker 7: They need the hot mess if they all had it together, Like can you see it for that for can you see it for her for that alone?
Speaker 6: For bringing kind of a little bit of a mess.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm an old school Claudia you know that. I don't give a fuck about the messy shit. I think it's disgusting that people go over into looking up shit. I don't like all that. I just want to be entertained by what I see on the show. And to me, you're a one trick pony. If that's all you got. You got to be able to be Yeah, okay, if you're willing to maybe say something that everybody's thinking and not willing to say, that does add value to the show and to the viewers experience.
Speaker 3: But that can't be all you got.
Speaker 5: You gotta you have to be you have to to have something substantive At some point, I honestly could watch a show with no drama and just a bunch of fly ass motherfuckers winning their life and feel like, Wow, this is a purview into what I want in life.
Speaker 3: I could enjoy that.
Speaker 5: I don't have to see people saying something and I don't have to have all that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying to me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And I also do not because I still watch Zeus, I watch Baddies, I watch now That's TV. I watch all that shit, So there's an appetite there when it's that time. But that's not why I watch fucking Real Housewives, you know what I'm saying. So it's different, there's different levels. And to me, if you if all you have is doing something that people consider shocking and you know, riding that, to me, you fizzle out fast. That's not that's not sustainable in the television and entertainment landscape.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know that because you've been working for a long time. Claudia Carlos, you too, y'all know what it takes to continue to stay afloat. I am entertained, but it takes more. And to me, when you got kids on TV saying to you, you don't need to marry mister Ink and you know and one and Gordon is crashing out in real time, to me, there needs to be a reset of some sort. And maybe her exit this season, maybe that's her reset. I wish me of the best. I think that she has a great personality for entertainment. She's got a willingness to add entertainment value to whatever projects she's a part of, and that can look like success hopefully. I saw her doing some things in radio with Ink, the guy that she was fucking around on Gordon with or whatever. Hopefully they see success with that, have shows and she's able to pivot into broadcasting.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Who knows?
Speaker 5: I want that for her, but I just was less than impressed with what she offered to the Real Housewives of Potomac.
Speaker 3: So that's where la. So I'm so by.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well Hi Dustin, Hello, how are you.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: This is this is this is my This is.
Speaker 1: Carlos King's take. Unpopular maybe, but this is my real take when Mia first, When Mia Thornton first got on the show, Claudia, you don't watch a lot of the of the reality shows.
Speaker 2: You're a busy woman.
Speaker 7: I'm starting to now though because of this though, like I am stunning.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but no, I'm want to go back in terms of telling you how she appears and me and Dustin Dustin will know this. Mia Thornton's first scene was all casting. Karen Huger bought her two Wendy's event, and she talked about how much botok she had.
Speaker 2: She talked about her.
Speaker 1: Vagina being redone rejuvenated, you know, bbl nip and tuck here and there, and it was this pretty girl being so self deprecating, and I was like, oh my gosh, she's a star because I appreciated the fact that she came on her first scene pretty much saying I'm gonna tell all my shit and it is what it is, right, and we the audience appreciated. I went on record saying, what we're watching right now is a star, like she is a star. MIA's first couple of seasons, whether it was throwing the salad at Candace in response to Candas calling her feet big, or whatever it was, she had a lot of momentum, right Mia thor in first couple of seasons, she had a lot of momentum because she didn't take it too seriously. She wasn't investigating anybody. She wasn't spreading rumors about someone's husband, she wasn't.
Speaker 2: Digging dirt on people.
Speaker 1: She came in the scene, she was who she was, and she kept in movement and she made and she made you laugh, and I was into it. I did say that Mia was the future of Potomac, and I.
Speaker 2: Stand by it.
Speaker 1: I stand by the fact that her earlier seasons she had all of the ingredients to be the future of Potomac. I think what happened with Mia on some real shit, and that's why I started calling her Mia Blyon. I'm the one for the record people, I coined Mia Blyon and Claudia. That made it on the reunion stage where Kenda said, well, the folks call you Mia b Lyon, and everybody said, the folks is Carlos king like he gave her that he loves her, but he acknowledges Mia Blyon. So what happened with Mia She started to become a caricature of herself. And one thing that happens on reality television that I know for a fact, when some reality stars start seeing what the audience responds to, they start to become that character. I'm the villain, I'm the dits, I'm the shady queen whatever. They start to become the moniker in which the audience herolds them on. And I think the mistake that Mia made is she fell into the tropes of what we all thought was interesting and to be given the first cheek, to be given the first seat at the reunion twice consecutively, back to back seasons. Not only did I feel that way, evidently your bosses felt that way. To let's have a real conversation. I felt that way. I don't work on the show, and clearly by design, because I know how that show works. Your bosses felt the same way that this woman is the future of the show. I think the biggest mistake Mia made and this is something I said to her, so I'm not talking about her behind her back. The biggest mistake my girl made was leaving the Reunion stage building. Not just leaving the stage in your dressing room and calling your publicist, you know, because that's what some of these girls do. Honey, she left the building, and the moment she did that, I knew.
Speaker 2: Because I know how this works. I was like, this isn't great.
Speaker 1: It's not great for you, and I think it goes to show you and Claudia all will love to get your thoughts on this, because you've been in the business for thirty years. Everybody wants to be the star. A lot of people don't have what it takes to handle that. When you are the star, the eyeballs are on you, the attacks come. People love you, people hate you, and you have to be okay with both. Okay not everyone's gonna fuck with you, and you got to be You gotta live with that, people are going to try to tear you down. You got to accept that that's the fake when you are the star.
Speaker 2: I love Mia.
Speaker 1: I think if Mia had to do this all over again, I think Mia will say to you that crown was heavy and I wasn't ready to carry it.
Speaker 7: You know a lot of people think that, like if they've had some success in they've done pageants, or they modeled, or they did some acting, or they had some kind of foot in the door of entertainment, that they're going to be totally fine when they do reality television. I had a conversation with Mike Hill about this when he first started dating Cynthia and he was going to be on Housewives.
Speaker 6: I said, Mike, do not mess up.
Speaker 7: Be on your p's and q's, because this is different than anything you've ever been through. He says, Girl, I've been on TV for a long time.
Speaker 6: I go yes.
Speaker 7: As a sports reporter, it is a totally different fan base.
Speaker 6: It's a totally different pressure.
Speaker 7: People that watch your sports broadcasts are not going to dig in and watch your tweets and see who's pills you're liking, to see if you're doing anything shady. I said, this will be the biggest invasion of your privacy that you've ever had in your life. And it's I promise you, nothing will prepare you for this. It's nothing like that. And everyone and he said it, even he talks about this. He goes, man, I was wrong, you know. I was like, I got it. I got it, and he goes, I didn't have it and I wasn't prepared for what comes with it. So to your point, yes, people do want to be the star, but I encourage you all that do reality TV.
Speaker 6: Don't try to be the star.
Speaker 7: Be a good team player and people will see where you are and they will lift you, like we're doing with Angela right now. She's not trying to be the star. And just by being authentic in your space where you're just chilling, you will get the attention you want. But when you going hot, yes, when you go in hot like a Brits who could have just sat back and chilled and let the star come to her, you burn yourself out.
Speaker 6: When you're doing that.
Speaker 7: You know, you just go and you'll get a moment. You'll be in a dinner scene and something will happen in the the way you react will make people talk about you ten years later for something you said. But when you go in there trying so hard, lying and forcing, trying to put a square peg in a round hole, the viewers are not dumb and they see through it, and then they turn people off. So I would just say, like, you go in there and just you do your thing and just be you. And I do believe that it is very hard. It's easier said than done, because what do we do Every week? We go look at the comments.
Speaker 6: Oh, they said, my nose looks big, maybe I should get it surgery.
Speaker 7: Oh my lips are small. They're saying, I don't have many lips. Let me go get a little injection. And before you know it, five years later, you don't even look like the person that you started in this field. And you can't really love yourself if you made a whole new self.
Speaker 5: Which is why I stay my ass out them comments, because I don't give a fuck you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. I say what I have to say.
Speaker 5: I stay out the comments, and honestly, it's from a place to respect. Thank god, people watching are even implored or moved to leave a comment, right they we don't have to agree with what they're saying in the comment, but I just feel like that's the space for the commenters, and I stayed the hell up out of there because I just want to keep.
Speaker 3: My head clear.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so seey Amiya, that's all I got to say. See Yamiya, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to I want to get you guys this. So the final thing with Mia, Mia left mea comment and I want to read it to you, Dustin and Claudia. So when she announced her departure, I did say to her, like Mia with a crying emoji, and Mia responded and what she said to me is this I know in all caps, but you know, the saying go where you are valued.
Speaker 5: Well, even that prime example of the shit that's gotten on my nerves.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, All these goddamn these these these coded, cryptic messages and shit, that's that's been.
Speaker 3: Very irritating with her.
Speaker 5: Who what are you saying they didn't give you the money you wanted for the next season? Are you saying that the production company and the network? To me, that just extends the conversation way beyond what we're watching on screen. And that's a huge part of the problem, right with the reality television escape right now, whatever kind of end windows you make in mama, whatever you whatever business you know, miss misalignments you're referencing in this this conversation and shit, put a handle on it, put a name on it. Otherwise, don't say anything because she's just gonna said, I know, it's been great, thankful that happened. You know what I'm saying. You don't have to And I think valued was all caps right, like you're you're bringing attention to that messy piece, and I think that's what the problem is.
Speaker 7: So I do get, though, I will say from experience a little bit of experience that nothing can prepare you for it, right. And you may go in with all the good intentions. I think Kenya when I went the best intentions, but when you get there and you're not received the way people you think you're coming off. And there's an exercise I did with this class. It's kind of like called Landmark Educational IT Team, but we had to do an exercise to see like what people receive from you or how they see you versus how you see yourself.
Speaker 6: And it was very very mind blowing. Damn.
Speaker 7: I thought I was coming off so warm and welcoming and friendly, but the response I got from the people wasn't what I see myself.
Speaker 6: And then you start doing woe with me?
Speaker 7: And I think that I get people a little bit of grace with that because I do see how that can happen. You're like, because when you know someone, no, that person's really fun, but what they did in that scene isn't what they usually do, and now you're judged by that for ten fifteen years and people hate you over it. It's very frustrating to keep explaining yourself and people not getting to like you're not feeling like they're seeing you for who you really are. But I think a lot of us outside of reality TV just in life had that issue where we think I'm not giving restling bitch face. I think I look so happy, but you're really not right. There's a huge difference with a lot of humans with what they think they're putting out there and how people are seeing you. And that's something to just keep in mind, whether you're doing reality or just in life.
Speaker 6: And I get how you get frustrated when you're.
Speaker 7: Like in the comments and you're I'm gonna go where I'm celebrated because you feel like no matter what I do, They're I'm going to see me for how I see myself, and I don't know if that's a therapy thing. It's very hard to self evaluate though from most people.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it, and I try not to judge because being under that microscope is hell, you know what I'm saying, especially on that level of scrutiny and all the other shit. So I get it. You know, she wasn't my favorite cast member. I ain't never made no mistake about you know, or hid that from the people. But I don't want to see her get fired type shit, you know what I'm saying. I would rather see our show up different, so whatever. But God again, I wish her much success in other mediums and whatever she wants to do next, like good for me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I felt like I understand why she left.
Speaker 1: Yes, and look, she's in Atlanta, and what better show to join than Atlanta Housewives for me. You know a lot of people have been seeing you in Atlanta and henk with some of the girls.
Speaker 2: Get to know them, maybe.
Speaker 3: Like girls from Lona hip Hop Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Watched those girls from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta put her on there. You know what I'm saying, and that's not.
Speaker 3: Atlanta.
Speaker 5: They're actually having a great season. They have been really giving the people what they need this season. Bambi as well Spice. They got. I am by no means diminishing the magnitude of the machine that is love a hip hop Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: They have one.
Speaker 3: Maybe she could go over.
Speaker 5: There, you know what I'm saying, because Real Housewives of Atlanta is doing fine.
Speaker 3: They having a great season. They don't need know me.
Speaker 2: They are having a great season.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 7: Some people in the comments are asking what the class look up Landmark Education. You can do it, I think online, but it's a three day weekend thing I did. It was life changing and got me out of my depressed depression and seeing myself a little bit differently, and it really helped me just with my relationship, just in life. Or I t t if y'all email me, or I'm send me a dm Oh that's how old as hell y'all emailed me at all dot com?
Speaker 2: The doll up?
Speaker 3: What they're gonna do? Leave a message on your answer machine.
Speaker 5: Look next week I'm gonna watch the comments and they all know I never watched the comments. Well, we're recording next week. I'm gonna watch. I'm ana respond, don't watch the comment.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to do all. I like that, you know.
Speaker 1: So we got to get those into this recent episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. As we all said, they're having a great season and we have to touch on this moment as we get into the rest of this of this episode, so dreu so Dora decided to accept Britt Edie's invitation and having a sit down with her. Britt felt that in last week's episode, Drew so Doura was a little bit shady and she wanted to get down to the root of if there's any issue at hand. Du so Dora looked gorgeous. So she sits down at the table. She looked really good this episode. Not that she would give me up episodes.
Speaker 6: But extra, she upped it extra. It was I know, like something happened.
Speaker 1: It was like I did new glass Clow. But Drew looked amazing. And Britt was talking about her situation that happened last week at King's hair spot. I want to this is this is why Claudia clocked it. When it comes to when you when you do reality television, the best thing to do is be yourself, tell.
Speaker 2: The truth, and keep it moving.
Speaker 1: Because when you say one thing in one episode and you say another in another episode and it slightly contradicts itself, it doesn't look great, and we have to address that as well. Baby Dusei Dura asked Brit if she sold her cat before and not the cat that Claudia has in her house.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, she pretty much asked Britt if she ever sold it.
Speaker 2: Britt said, what Drew said, your.
Speaker 1: Cat, toney and ladies, gays, days and men that's down below in between your thank you so anything.
Speaker 2: She asked if she ever did pull porn.
Speaker 1: I'm only based listen, I'm only stating what they aired when Drew Si Dora asked Britt if she ever did porn. Britt did start when she tried to answer the question, and I think she choked on on like her own words, and she ultimately said no, that she did not do porn. She said, I did not do porn, and that she did not sell her cat.
Speaker 2: She never sold it. And she also said that she.
Speaker 1: Was in her twenties when she did the webcam girl thing, but that she did it with a female best friend, and she only did it for one week.
Speaker 5: I didn't need those details. Personally, I'm not judging her. I don't give a damn Like everybody got a pass whatever, I'm not. The sensational nature of her being naked on webcam does not make me look at her any.
Speaker 3: Differently on this show.
Speaker 5: I am, by no means means affected by that information. So maybe I'm different, maybe I'm a a strange case. I don't give a fuck about none of that. I feel like she on her past. She's not my favorite out of the new cast members on the show, but when it comes to this specific situation, it's like, what the fuck, Okay, she sucked the dick she was necking on webcam the pictures were shown. We're moving on. Kenya's going from the show. I don't think she should be, but she's not there anymore. And to be honest, once Kenya leaves the show, that part of that story is over. So whether she was on webcam for six years, six months, six weeks, six days, who cares, if it was a week with a friend, whatever. She the fact that the piece of information that people are deeming relevant is the fact that she was on webcam.
Speaker 3: I don't care how long it was. That's how I feel with it.
Speaker 5: I'm actually ready to move on from all of this freaky shit webcams and sucking dicks and all of this. I'm ready to move on and just continue watching the Housewives. I do not care any more. I don't ken you should be there. Brit was wrong for what she said. They should both be a part of the cast. Kenya is not. We're moving on.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 7: The webcam thing is not the biggest thing in the world of the biggest negative about her. But listen, I try to be open to this girl. She's just a liar, and she's also showing a little erraticness whenever anyone comes to her and ask her or tries to hold her accountables. The way she kind of pops off is not cute, like it's like are you okay? Like she like starts barking, like how she was barking on Angela last week. Now, I peeped more lying with her right this week.
Speaker 6: So when she was she really.
Speaker 7: Miss represented the brunch when she was talking to Drew right, she was like what she said, She's like Angela came at me about questioning her license and said, you know, I know about that insurance and she came from my job. That's not how it came off. That is that explained how it really happened. Andrel didn't just come out the gate hot on you.
Speaker 6: What's up? But your she did not do that. You said something. You lied. You lied, in my opinion, you lied.
Speaker 7: About being investigated, having your license taken away from you, that you still somehow miraculeusy have now right and you and when Angela, all angel said is well, why would they do that? You have to have cause and that's a very legitimate question to ask. BRIT's reactions spoke volumes to me. It spoke someone Uh, oh, someone else knows this business. And you're trying to call me out and I don't really have a good excuse, So let me just get raw rod with you and have you not know that's what's been going on and the way she reacted to me, hit dog is hollering all day long with that. Then when she went to to you know, and even if you want to give her a pass and say, listen, the girl was emotional. She had the right to feel a way after what Kenya did and expose her for those with those pictures. The way she was misrepresenting and talking and lying about Angela another red flag. We've had a red flag from brit every single week, and I think she's not a girl's girl.
Speaker 6: She doesn't do well in girl groups.
Speaker 7: I can tell this because girl code with women are usually really good communicators, will usually over communicate with the details, and details mean a lot because when you leave certain things out or you insert certain things in, you're trying to manipulate and control the narrative day Your story from day one is everyone's coming from me. I've been so beautiful since high school and it's just been the story of my life. People don't like me, not because I'm an asshole, because I lie and I'm very inconsistent and very narcissistic in my opinion, but because it's just because of my beauty. Honey, newsflash, everyone on that show is beautiful, and somehow they're all making it in life without this big cross on their back, to this burden they have, and I think I want you to turn it around for it and get us back to be more on your team. But the way you're gonna have to do that is be vulnerable, stopping fake gangster, But then you want to be a victim when you get called out like we're talking about men earlier.
Speaker 6: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 7: Are you a gangster that always has your gun everywhere and I'll shoot a bitch and I got a whip and I'll do this. Or are you this hurt young woman that is really being unfairly judged by a you know, some bad judgment in our past, which we'd all have. We can't figure out how to feel about you because depending on the moment of the brunch of the lunch, you're giving us a differ with different versions.
Speaker 6: So who are you? I don't know who you are.
Speaker 2: Child.
Speaker 1: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. And I think that's the struggle.
Speaker 2: Listen. I started.
Speaker 1: This season and my life for her hasn't changed.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna be honest, it is tainted a bit.
Speaker 1: I said episode one, my favorite is Kelly, I fucked with Brett.
Speaker 2: I like all the girls. I said. By episode three, Kelly, I still love you.
Speaker 1: But this angela Oakley woman's rising through the occasion, Britt, I still like you, even after the whole incident that happened at Kenya's spot, I still said, Look, I still like Brett Angela. Sorry, Kelly, love you Angela slowly taking your spot. That's my number one favorite because again I would know Samiya, so I'm not conn of Shamiya.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be honest. Claudia Clock did Dustin? You did too. I agree with Dustin. I don't care what you're in your past. I don't give a shit. I worked through Jersey Housewise, where Danielle's Style admitted to all the stuff she had to go through once the ladies discovered this book, where copped about a badge.
Speaker 2: Honey Okay.
Speaker 1: I worked on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, where josh Len Hernanzez admitted I was a stripper and I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: The thing is this, I want.
Speaker 1: More reality stars to be like Danielle Style and Jocelyne, who says, look, this was my past. I did it. I own it and what and what? And Claudia is right in the sense of I like Brent still, it's hard for me. I like to grow with Brent because I feel like it's still coming across performative. So for me, it's one of those things where I don't need the heavy explanation. It's sort of like when you're dating somebody new and they over explained.
Speaker 2: To you they're whereabouts.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, you were cheating, Like you're doing too much explanation for me. Bro either you went out for the night and you got home cool. The thing with brit the over explanation of the insurance investigation based on what Kenya did, it doesn't seem real to me. Again, it could be, it doesn't. It doesn't smell real. The webcam thing. I don't care what you did, but the story, it was me and my best friend and we did it for a week.
Speaker 2: I made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Okay, but why why Why does it take Drew Sodora to poke holes in the story or ask information for you to tell us things invites. I want brit to say, attention, please, this is who I was. It ain't who I am any more. So that's what it is. I want her to do that. But I also agree with Dustin after this week episode, I don't want to hear about Brits past. I don't give a shit, But I do want brit to really figure out who are.
Speaker 2: You going to be?
Speaker 1: Are you jos Len Hernandez a woman we all love because Jocelyne has owned who she was, and we're like, if she owns it, we're not going to be speaking bad about it. Or do you want to be somebody that comes across vulnerable? And if so, you can't, like Claudia said, constantly overreact every time somebody challenges your thoughts.
Speaker 7: I think she's trying too hard to be that bitch and she needs to figure out who brit is.
Speaker 6: That's what I think.
Speaker 7: She's trying way too hard to have these moments, Like she couldn't even maintain her confessional train of thought when she's talking about the situation. She's talking about how everyone's doing all this stuff to her and people coming for her, blah blah blah. And then what does she do. She immediately goes to attack Angela and say, well, I heard something about her husband and he had a baby on her.
Speaker 6: Lady, Just when we want you.
Speaker 7: To show you a little bit of like, oh okay, that's messed up, here you go again, bringing in people, giving them strangs. Angela did not come for you, brit Angela did not come for you, But now that you've opened that can of worms, she is going to come for you.
Speaker 6: And you're not.
Speaker 7: Gonna like it because you clearly cannot handle conflict, like you get too hype and you can't have a conversation.
Speaker 6: You can't have a spicy conversation.
Speaker 7: Housewives is for spicy, high end reading is what it's supposed to be, and you're giving every single thing makes you react like.
Speaker 6: Now, it makes.
Speaker 7: You want to go back and like think about the conversation with the ring. Why she got so defensive with Kenyon in the ring? Is it not real? Are you not really married? Is there a story there? Because as a journalist, I will go down that hole, that rap a hole like her reaction was not normal for someone and just commenting, oh, that's not the ring, that there's a band and there's an engagement ring. So now a moment that shouldn't even matter. Now I want to go back and look and investigate.
Speaker 8: Clock Yet, Claudia, your new name is Claudia Clockett.
Speaker 5: Journalists door Dad, I mean, that's what happens when you open the door for that sort of reaction to your behavior on this show. There's no secret that Brit has been a loose cannon. Anytime there's been a situation that was kind of testy or you know, high energy, she reacted in a way that kind of like went three steps further than was necessary. And so after that happening, after that becoming a pattern of behavior.
Speaker 3: Then add in addition to the you.
Speaker 5: Know, the whole you know, pow pileshit, all of that stuff, it just makes her seem like a person who is not able to kind of think first. And being a loose cannon does have a value on these ensemble cast reality shows. You know, it can surface as witty retorts, or it can surface as you know, unique reflections on the situation. But sometimes, as you all have both just framed perfectly, it can surface as overreacting in situations. And unfortunately, that's what Brit has been prone to do. So I want to like her. I think she's cute. I like the fact that she talks through her nose. You know what I'm saying, that's quirky. We love quirks in the Housewives universe. But I just feel like she goes a little bit further than necessary when she feels slided and that's dangerous.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I don't like how she talks. I feel like it's a bad nose job.
Speaker 7: And I think it's too small, and that's why she sounds like that. And I wish the pitches of her when she was younger, before that nose job, I think she looked she.
Speaker 6: Looked even better.
Speaker 7: And that's another thing about listening to the comments on social media.
Speaker 6: If someone probably told us she.
Speaker 7: Need to do that, and maybe it was a debated symptom, but it's now it's overully deviated. I don't know what it is, but it's too much and it makes It's another thing that irritates me about her.
Speaker 6: Am I perfect physically? No, I'm not.
Speaker 7: Y'all tell me all the time my shortcomings. I get it, and I have to receive it so I can have my.
Speaker 3: Opinions coming or what.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, y'all, they definitely made a big deal about my toes. They say I have a witch nose, I don't have big lips, whatever, my hair won't grow the same length as fifth grade.
Speaker 6: All these things. I'm okay with that. I'm fine with it. Fuck it that. It is what it is, it's life. Whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't have base about boys. Listen.
Speaker 4: I've been told you cute till you talk. I don't give a shit. I don't care. God blessed me.
Speaker 8: With the deep boys. I'm deep in other ways. I don't give a shit. I do agree anyways. I do agree with you. I do agree with you.
Speaker 1: You can't sit up here and just don't listen. All my people God creating his image and listen. You're gonna pay money to do stuff, do it, but really do it because it's something you want to do. And I do encourage all of that. I appreciate doctor Wendy once again owning.
Speaker 2: Up all her plastic surgery she got.
Speaker 1: I thought she was beautiful Dan she said, a beautiful woman now, but she owned up to it that it was her choice, her decision, and.
Speaker 2: We moved on.
Speaker 1: So I do want to move on from that before we go back into housewives. I do want to end something today because we want to move on to Kenya Moore finally dusted. If y'all have to follow dust on Twitter is look at Dustin? Dusted literally tweeted on Friday.
Speaker 2: Where is Key Moore? Because he did it all caps?
Speaker 1: So Kenyr Moore finally dropped her, but anticipated confessional. It was thirty minutes long where she pretty much explained her side of the story going on. Kenya's YouTube channel is YouTube dot com slash Kenya Moore Officiial. One takeaway that I wanted to discuss is I thought it was well done. She looked gorgeous. The production value was gorgeous. We keep forgetting Kenya Moore is the producer.
Speaker 3: For the show.
Speaker 5: They need some help over there, so maybe you need some She needs to research and she needs a producer that prepares something for her so she can research. Who don't know Natasha Scott got a son. So all I'm saying before we go into all that, maybe ken because her her confessionals, her confessionals were beautifully produced and executed. I agree they could use that over there at the Nanny Leak. So so maybe Kenya and Nini can link in that way.
Speaker 9: Dustin, please go. She I thought, Nini think was fine. But you didn't, you know, you know that was a mess. You know it was.
Speaker 1: Nannie dropped a video today where she answered all of y'all questions.
Speaker 3: She didn't because I watched it.
Speaker 5: She watched dropped the video of today when she said, yes, it's fucked up, and it's gonna be fucked up because I wanted to be fucked up.
Speaker 3: That's what she said in the video she dropped.
Speaker 5: So now that we know she knows she needs some help, that's just find her to help she needs because we want needed to win, right.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 7: I think Nini I saw a little bit of her talk sh and I think she needs producers with better for questions that will provide her Like when I Foxhoul, we had we had justin that would definitely do the research and provide background information. So if you weren't prepared yourself, you had the safety that of your producer giving you like some contact of the stories. Uh, you had the questions, you had a little bit of research. And I also I do think Nini works well in an ensemble cast. I think she would be good on a panel. I think she would be like you know, like on the reel something like that.
Speaker 6: Carrying your own show by yourself is a lot.
Speaker 7: It's hard because if there's a if there's dead air, it's on you.
Speaker 6: And I like that she wants to do that.
Speaker 7: I think she would be good on a panel with like maybe a couple of people that she really rock with that.
Speaker 6: She has good.
Speaker 7: Chemistry with I think she would be good with that. But I like, I'm glad that she's doing her show though.
Speaker 5: Like two great interviews. Have you seen any any tubes? Your interviews are incredible?
Speaker 1: First about what the beauty Listen the beauty of and listen this is this is true team. A lot of the girls call me for advice. What I will say, Me and Nini are friends in real life. Me and Nani, me, Nini talk all the time. We talk all of the time. She's my friend. I called Nini for advice. She calls me like, that's that's that's that's that's the relationship and the friendship that we have. What I will say is, you know, look, one thing Nini did say that I love. That's who she is. She is showing you guys her process.
Speaker 2: And and and and.
Speaker 1: I encourage all of you to continue to support her. Because I started my podcast being in My Clothes right, and then after I did my one woman Nini I she gave me the advice.
Speaker 2: Which is why I took her advice. She said, you need to do in person interviews.
Speaker 1: So because of Nini's advice, I started doing my interviews in person and it worked out for me. So we're watching a woman learn and grow.
Speaker 3: We sure are watching her learning brow.
Speaker 1: So the Nini Leak shows available on YouTube is YouTube dot com slash Nini Leaks, so please support and she did answer some of your questions and her interview with me is on there and she also has interview Latasha Scott from Escape.
Speaker 5: Let her sit up there and line the whole time line about all the things being debunked. Don't speak on it. You all saw it, and Nini should have known that. Nini should have known that. I love Nini's personality. I want her shit to go far and be successful. But she gotta try, and she's got to give a damn enough to do a little research and hire a producer.
Speaker 3: That's all she needs. And Latasha was wrong.
Speaker 5: She set up there and lied the whole entire time and y'all both know it if you've seen it.
Speaker 7: A producer will help with all that kind of stuff, and then you won't be like it's a producer supposed to be there to help you not fall like to like where you're like. Nini has a personality, she has the glam, she has all the extravagance, listen, I'm giving this real Avice is not hate. Why would I hate? There's no need to hate. And so she has all the tools. But a producer will help you so much with the things you don't have time to think about. You should just go and be the star and be the personality and have someone to help you outside so you can get your a viral mama, where you can clock someone when they're lying to you, or or if there's something that's inaccurate, you can say, hold up now, my producer just told me that, did you not say in twenty eighteen? And then then bam, Then you're protected. That's always saying it's not it's not Disney.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to watch the League, so I've been wanting to watch it for you show years ago.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it real.
Speaker 5: Nini would have and there were rumors and rumblings years years ago about her doing something with Dan bar Mercury and you know, really getting her feet wet.
Speaker 3: In the talk so space. She would be unnatural.
Speaker 5: She'd be perfect at that with the right support, right, with the appropriate support.
Speaker 3: She just needs that over there on her YouTube show, and she'll have it.
Speaker 6: Look at Carlos, He's stick of us tonight with the media to another.
Speaker 1: He's like, listen, guys are a balliot, Listen I love the Ninia Leak show. Nini has dropped a video today and please make sure y'all watch it. She answered some of the fan questions and is one of many to come.
Speaker 2: So getting back to Kenya bores YouTube channel with you.
Speaker 1: Guys should also support Kenya Moore, support Porscha's YouTube channel, support everybody chop okay.
Speaker 7: And if you really want to gag the girls, Kenya, Porscha and Nini should team up and make a super panel have can you produce it?
Speaker 6: And make it top mounch quality.
Speaker 7: Porscha and Nini can do that big personality thing and be cute and be funny and be shady and it can be beautifully done. And the three of them together would be extreme. Those numbers together, that's what y'all need to be doing.
Speaker 6: I think that, y'all. Y'all all rock y'all. I think you're cool.
Speaker 7: I'm not really sure where they are now, but that would be a show that would I would be mad at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's hot up here.
Speaker 4: So Kenya Moore dropped her much anticipated YouTube episode call Confessions.
Speaker 1: I thought it was well done. I thought she looked great, the production value was on point. She pretty much set her point of view, and based on the interview, it doesn't appear she wants to move on from all of this and she really wanted the world to know that what she did you know allegedly it's not RP. And she also revealed that you know, she was disinvited to the reunion her words, not mine. Do you guys think Kenya should return to the show or do you guys think Kenya should move on?
Speaker 5: Yes, she should return to the show, but if the option is not available for her to do so, then she should move on.
Speaker 3: But what do I think?
Speaker 5: What do I think Kenya Moore should be a part of the season sixteen cast and should still be actively involved in the har as a housewife?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent?
Speaker 5: Do I believe Kenya Moore deserves to be at their reunion for season sixteen?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent?
Speaker 5: Do I believe Kenya Moore deserves a redemption arc season seventeen? You know, opportunity for that one hundred percent?
Speaker 6: Yes, I listen, Bravo.
Speaker 7: If you want your reunion to have ratings through the roof the girls on the now are going to give a cute reunion, but it's not going to be epic without Kenya. You need Kenya on there to bring this thing full circle. Even if you don't want to follow continue business with her after this, you gotta have her on that reunion. That's that is a huge part of the season. And by the end of the season, I think Britt, my prediction, is gonna be so damaged from all the lies and all the inconsistencies that things look at.
Speaker 6: People are going to be like, I see why she went so hard. Oh though it wasn't right. But it wasn't right. Okay, it wasn't right.
Speaker 7: Neither one of them were right that it was not it was It's never cool to slut shame and all that kind of stuff. But that's what reality shows do, Okay, every single every single show does it. So yes, it would be huge because we all want it. We all want to at least know how she felt. We all want to know do you feel, Regiems, you want to know what you think. We want to see Britt face Kenya at the end of this like and not in a parking lot with people between you, where I don't even think Kenya was in the parking lot when she was popping all that trash, like I want to see it, like Bravo.
Speaker 6: Come on, give us Kenya at the reunion.
Speaker 7: But like I said, this is why I thought she did the YouTube channel because she wasn't going to be asked to be there.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I'm happy that Kenya was able to tell her own story, her own way.
Speaker 2: And what I do like about her.
Speaker 1: Doing that is she was able to do it with no interruption. Prior to that, ob she went on Tamman Hall Show and that listen, there's a lot of pressure when you're on a stage. And me and Kenya laughed at this. Later when she said hindsight is fifty to fifty, I said, well, bitch, I have never heard it was fifty fifty. I thought it was twenty twenty, So you know that, right, I'm like knt ye, She said, I know, Carlos, shut up.
Speaker 2: I said, girl, not highsight being fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: Girl, But my point is sometimes your nerves can get the best of you, and I was happy that she did it her way. Ownership and doing things on your own is super important.
Speaker 2: And I that's why I listen.
Speaker 1: I know, all having fun and all that stuff, but that's why I love that we get to do this. I love that Ninnie has her own show. I love that portrait doing her YouTube channel. I love that Kenya told her own story her way, And it just goes to show you that the power is within you.
Speaker 2: The power is always within you.
Speaker 1: And the more that we as a community can can at least at the very least understand that, and and and and work together.
Speaker 2: When we can, to help each other build, and to.
Speaker 1: Take constructive criticism and to not always take things so seriously.
Speaker 2: To have fun. What being in the entertainment.
Speaker 1: Industry is fun, and yes, a lot of shit comes with it that isn't fun, right, But I love when i'm I love that I'm seeing my girls do their own thing because to me, I always tell my girls the power is within you, and I just want to make sure that everybody understands that, Okay. So being with that being said, this episode of Atlanta House Box was also emotional because we saw Dusea Door and Rap go to court and deal with their impending divorce and custody case with their children.
Speaker 2: It was hard to watch and I want to say, why listen.
Speaker 1: I know some of y'all called Drew Drew by Lyon, right, and I understand that right, like I understand that right.
Speaker 2: I appreciated this scene because it was nice to see.
Speaker 1: Drew vulnerable because you don't see her be vulnerable when she's around the girls as much, and maybe because she just doesn't for comfortable being that way around them, who knows.
Speaker 2: I felt so bad for her when she was in.
Speaker 1: The car and she learned that the judge said that the case would be unsealed, So you see her in the car not being happy with that. Rap is still able to be in the basement and he was celebrating that, and he was celebrating that the case is not going to be sealed, which when I saw that go down, and they're in the parking lot and she pulled down the window and she cusses him out, and in his own way, he's kind of gloating. What struck me in that very moment was Rap is hurt for again, I don't Rap and Drew when they were married didn't give us a lot of information about what they were going through their marriage, besides him being in Florida, Ralph wants something to be exposed when it comes to Drew, and that's why he is celebrating the case being unsealed, and Drew is sad about it because there may be something she doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: Be out there. That's how I took it. Well, what do you guys take from that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, And I isn't scary to think that someone that you're with right now, that you could be positive with right now, that you love and think they love you, and you trust them and you open up and you be vulnerable and you tell them about.
Speaker 6: The things in your life.
Speaker 7: But then when you break up, they're gloating that is going to be exposed in media, and then you're on a reality show and it might potentially just this person that you still have kids with to co parent. Like, listen, I don't know if you like Drew or don't like Drew, or like Ralph or don't like Ralph. That's nasty work. That's nasty work to want all the details of something between people to.
Speaker 6: Just be out there like that.
Speaker 7: So I didn't like it, but I Drew was kind of not keeping it real though, when she said, Oh, I'm not worried about what's being in the that would be what would be exposed. I'm more it's bad for him, and we don't know that to be true or false yet, but when her reaction suggests that it's really something that she doesn't want out there that will be detrimental to her, and being on a reality show, you know it's going to be exposed, blown up, dug into and it's probably gonna get a lot, you know, be ten times worse.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm a claudio on this one, as are often now, but I'm a claudio on this one because I agree obviously whatever this information is that's going to be made come up public is something that Drew is probably not the most proud of or not the most you know, eager about people having access to. And we can all understand that, right Your private time is your private tum, your private life is your private type your private life, and your business is your business. The problem is Drew been line since day one, just like you said, Carlos, we can take it back to even last week. We saw how she just set up there and straight up lied with a straight face. Nothing about her demeanor, her her delivery suggested that she was joking when she said that Michael Jordan was her cousin because Drew Jordan is her maid name.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And so the d to Diana Ross, me and Tracy cousins. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's you know, so me and doctor Martha the King are cousins. Maybe not the.
Speaker 6: Line we are you guys.
Speaker 5: So I just feel like, you know, that, coupled with you know, like like Drew being a liar on the show so far, coupled with her just trepidation about certain information coming to the light, it just suggests that there's something she's trying to hide, which I don't want to beat her up about that because maybe it is. Maybe it is something that she just don't want people to know about her. That's fair, you know what I'm saying. But when you were the one who brought to the forefront the Tampa shit, you were the one who brought to the forefront all these women that she alleged that Ralph had been cheating with. She talked about, She spoke about correspondence text messages from these women like to her, she really painted a picture of Ralph to be a certain type of person. And so it looks to me like he is taking the court regulated route to get to some accurate transparency. It looks like he kind of played the long game with this one, and she wasn't. I don't know, she wasn't excited about the outcome of that.
Speaker 2: So I think you clocked it. Look.
Speaker 1: I think what we're witnessing is when Drew revealed some of the allegend transgressions that Ralph was doing on national television, I could see why he would say, you were two concerns about the kids, then I could I could see why he would say that, and one thing about some not all some men.
Speaker 2: If they feel like, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Did something, but let's not like you didn't do anything either. I think, listen, I think where we need to buckle up because unfortunately for all of them, right, I think a lot of stuff is gonna come out. And and and Ralph doesn't seem like he he's concerned about how this would impact her. And but Claudia, Claudia is right, Listen, when you have when you when you're married to somebody, I think it's sad when both parties go through that phase in their marriage because you kind of forget the reasons why you guys fell in love in the first place, and.
Speaker 2: That's why I always.
Speaker 1: I always respected the amicable breakups when it allows it to be at my I know in some cases it doesn't, right, a lot of cases doesn't. But when you're able to say let's just separate and keep it moving, that's the best thing. But listen, Drew has a lot to be concerned about because I just don't think Rob is letting up and I didn't think about that, doesn't I do think it's because their storyline for two years straight was this Florida alleged transgression. I want to get into the girls going to Nashville leaefast before I let you guys go. So the girls go to Nashville to celebrate Porsia's birthday. Portia did not invite Drew because of what we know, she's working with Dennis and she did not get Portia her heads up that she was working with Dennis, although she is a Go Naked Hair ambassador. That's Porcha's company in case y'all don't know that. So Angela Oakley, who Angela? You still have the number one spot?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 2: And where have you been my whole life.
Speaker 3: Hall with it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Angela, Okay, I love Kelly.
Speaker 6: I really love Kelly.
Speaker 2: Oh I still love Kelly. I still love Kelly. Kelly.
Speaker 1: You know I still love you, baby, but you know you're only as good as your last episode. So for these past two episodes, Angela one, that's all I'm gonna say. But Kelly, I still love you booth. Okay. Angela decided to invite Drew and told Porsche this. At the table, her and Porsche did exchange words.
Speaker 2: Porsche is her birthday trip. She invited Manietta.
Speaker 1: And a few other girls and they she told them what was going on, and Angela stood on business that I felt they need to invite her, and that's what I'm gonna do. What did you guys think about that whole exchange between Porscha and Angela.
Speaker 7: Portia was given love and hip hop in that moment, But I understand how she felt. If I have a birthday party trip, I'm very particular about the energy that I have around me, and I have to say that Porsche is right to feel a way. If I say I'm not inviting someone, then that's what it is. It's not what you feel. It's not your trip. It is my trip. Yes, it is production trip, but it is still my trip. So as much as I love Angela and as much as I like Drew, I do think that it's wrong to force that issue because it's like you, you, you gotta know that's going to be a problem. That's a girl code don't And I don't like the people. I have a dinner and it's like I invite you, and then you bring two people with you.
Speaker 6: Who are these people? Who are you? Man? Who's this person? Who's this girl?
Speaker 7: You might be a you might be a fan that's sneaking and taking pitches and videos and or in this case, I just want around me, people around me who I chose when it's time to celebrate people.
Speaker 6: So but but Porsche got crunked. She didn't have to do all that.
Speaker 7: Porsche could be like, hey, I said, when I said, that's it, like because you're kind of getting a little bit into that brit area, kind of getting two routed. Its giving, it's giving, it's given too much. But I get where she's coming from.
Speaker 5: I agree, And I also think that Porscha's been holding back a lot this season.
Speaker 3: Porscha's interactions and.
Speaker 5: Her behavior has been very measured, right It's not the typical Porscha that we've seen in seasons past, where she would just go the hell off and cut somebody out or whatever. And let's not even start talking about her spin off, The Porscha's Family Matter spent off with Simon and Dennis and his family and her family, we saw a different side of Porscha. So I actually welcomed this new corm or Porsche, right. I think she has been holding back some of her reactions to the things that have been going on, and when they were at that table, she did kind of get into the petty bag a little bit, right, But for me as a viewer, I was alright with it because it hasn't been what we've been getting in totality from her this season like it has been in seasons prior. So I wasn't mad at her saying, you know what, Angela, I didn't want you here, and I'm mad you brought her. I wasn't mad at Angela saying I know you don't want her here and I brought her. I wasn't mad at the other friends. And another thing that was cool about this Nashville trip, these are the young ladies that Porsche really hangs out with outside of the cameras in real life. If you follow her or Candy Burris or Mayada or any of these ladies on Instagram, Toya Johnson Rushing. If you follow these women, you see that these girls, the young ladies that actually join Pusha on this Nashville trip, that's her click in real life. Those are the girls she really really hangs with outside of the camera, And I would love to see some of those relationships explored. I know that there's overlap there with some of the other cast members. They you know, they're in relationship with some of the other cast members.
Speaker 3: I would love to see.
Speaker 5: Them tap into that bag as we move into season seventeen eighteen and this keeps going. Those are the real relationships that will make a very robust show for us to watch because it's actual, real connection. So that was my takeaway in that moment. I was like, Dang, these really are the girls that she's with in real life. She's so easily able to communicate with them, explain to them so quickly, you know what was going on with the dynamics relating to Angela Oakley and Drew Sidora. She was able to communicate that to those ladies so quickly because they're real friends. So bring some of them on. We need some more friends of the show. You know what I'm saying, Bring some of them ladies on. I'm a prob. Whatever those young ladies were, bring those young ladies on. Let's make them friends of the show next season and really get into some actual connections.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 7: Like I was like, oh, who believe her crew was cute. I like a girl I can hang with other women that pretty, don't want to just be the only pretty girl in the group.
Speaker 6: I think that was super cute.
Speaker 7: I like that, and I think that Porsha needs to do more of that this season, because honestly, this is no hate, but she's coming off more like a friend of the show than a housewife this season. She really is, like all her stuff is like related to Drew. It's making Drew look bigger than her actually on the show. We're seeing Drew with the singing career. We're seeing Drew with her divorced situation, and we're seeing Drew with her issue with the group and now the butting heads with Porscha. We're seeing more for storyline and with Porsche. Would just seeing her react to the other housewives like set up, like even the National trip. Yeah kind of, but not really. It didn't really feel like. It didn't really feel like it was like a big Porsche moment. It really didn't. It was more about Angela bringing Drew and you being mad. So Porscha, don't let these girls punk you out of your spot by you kind of returning energy and giving that brit energy. You should be coming in like you are above this. I've been here for many, many many years. I've had specials, I've had spin offs. Give that energy because if not, you're gonna get swallowed up every single episode. Because I kind of feel like for an episode to be about your birthday, I feel like she was given in front of the.
Speaker 3: Show this episode, I get it.
Speaker 5: A lot of people have said that, and I think they've attributed it to her and not being able to film whatever that shit was in the crib, So we lost a little bit of like the Porsche centered elements. We have only been seeing her and react to the shit that's going on amongst the ladies.
Speaker 3: So I agree. I agree, Claudia.
Speaker 5: It does feel less than sufficient for a real housewife, especially a real housewife who was announced first of the new cast. Right, she's positioned as the reason to watch this season. So unfortunately we aren't getting you know, it's not living up to the high per se Carlos.
Speaker 7: Production wise, do you think that they are really like propping up the newer girls and kind of you know, phasing out the older girls because of salaries, because if you think about what Cynthia was getting paid with Porstra with Kenya definitely was getting paid and candy they got rid of, like the top the it was hot heavy, right, So the newer girls now I know what those new first offers are and how much my lawyer had to fight just to get it, like working the livapool wage. Right, if you bring in the new girls like you have more, you're buying more time because they do give you raises. You do get nice raised on the show. If you start off law the next year, they may double it. But production wise, that could be a way of phasing out the heavy payroll. And really, because they definitely are the new girls are eating it up.
Speaker 1: I think the kudo goes to everybody involved because it's the first season of Atlanta in a long time where we collectively the three of us in the world love the New Girls right, So I think it's a job well done from a production side and casting.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're trying.
Speaker 1: To get rid of the old the older cast members because of money. I do think this We are living in a time where we all know in this business you got to shake things up for it to grow, and sometimes.
Speaker 2: People do phase out. I don't think it's an age thing.
Speaker 1: Kyle Richards is still the queen Bee of her show and she's in her early fifties if I'm not mistaken. And that show, for example, Claudia, I think they have a lot of women over the age of like thirty eight on that show. I think when it comes to Portia, I think Dustin hit it too. Listen when they hired her to come back and she said yes, it was her decision. She was with Simon, and I think it's one of those things where I think what people aren't remembering or understanding. And Porsia did touch on this on YouTube channel. She's going through divorce in real time and the person that she's divorcing isn't able to be on the show. We saw synth and Peter go through divorce. We saw Phasian Apolla go through divorce. We saw Nidi and Greg go through a divorce. I think unfortunately, seventy five percent of Porsa's real life isn't being shown because you can't get Simon's POV.
Speaker 2: So imagine showing up.
Speaker 1: To work and your headspace Claudie and Dustin is dealing with We saw Simon crash out on Twitter. If he's crashing that way on Twitter, imagine what he's doing in her life, Imagine what he's doing in court. And I do implore people and listen. This is not me defending anybody. I think, listen, we all watched the show for the forty two minutes and keep it moving right, So this is no shade to anybody. I think what we have to remember, though, is Sonny five percent of Porsche's real life is not being shown, and she's dealing with something that she's unable to show us. So when she's walking in these scenes, you don't know what she has to go through with Randy Kesseler child, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So I like you think you know, So I do think a lot.
Speaker 1: I think that's what's happening, honestly, and I think the reason why the rest of the girls are having great moments that the newbies I mean is because there I have to give it to production. Is the most perfect casting on an ensemble show that's been on for more than ten years that I've seen in.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 1: It is perfectly crafted, and I'm happy that we're all able to watch this show week to week and still find interesting things to talk about. So, you know, I do think that's what happening. But look, we'll see what happens on this trip next week's episodes. Something gets revealed, and.
Speaker 7: Can I jump in real quickly just say yeah, go ahead, Yeah, I do fault. It's not really totally Porscha's fault. She can't show her full story, but can you went through a divorce when Mark was not cooperating and she got dragged and she had to deal with all that kind of stuff, So maybe find some creative ways to show what you're going through so we can feel for you during this time, because I'm sure Simon's being very pretty, but like to just not really show it, it's like we're missing another huge proble. We're missing Kenya, we're missing the Simon.
Speaker 6: We're missing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it feels like, yeah, that's why it's giving my friend, and I think even Porscha could have done this without Simon being on the show. Which I'm so surprised that his thirsty behind that wants to be famous so bad would turn down the app Like I would think he'd want to be in it and be bitchy and tell his story and like, you know, run his mouth.
Speaker 5: And I'm so glad he's not. I'm telling you that would have been too much for me. I did not want want to hear nothing Simon had to say. I don't give a fuck about Simon. I like Porsche when it comes to the two of them, right, I don't care about what he had to say.
Speaker 3: So I'm very glad that.
Speaker 5: I'm very glad that he's not a part of this personally, just for me, I don't want to hear Simon. You want to talk about voice tones again? You know how you can't tell you can't stand britt Edie's voice.
Speaker 3: I can't stand Simon.
Speaker 6: Oh No.
Speaker 7: Tisa tells on on on YouTube does a great Simon impersonation, and she sounds just like the Cookie Monster when she talks.
Speaker 6: It's so funny. I love Tisa.
Speaker 7: She covered that divorce, that marriage and the whole thing was Foulin porscha and Simon's so good.
Speaker 6: It was so funny how she would.
Speaker 7: Oh her Simon is please go look up her impersonation of Simon.
Speaker 2: So that could clues. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by Me, Carlos King, King Dooming Entertainment, Baby