Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here in for Dan and the guys doing it all live here on this Friday.
Speaker 3: Some would call it a football Friday.
Speaker 2: From the ti raq dot com studios ti rack dot com, we'll help you get there, an unmatched selection, fast free shipping, free road as a protection, and over ten thousand recommended installers tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 3: So it is a football Friday.
Speaker 4: You know we're here, right, we're doing It's Friday, then we're gonna do it. We're going Friday Friday, Friday, Friday Friday.
Speaker 3: It's trapped.
Speaker 4: Friday, Friday, Friday.
Speaker 1: Rug It too a feel.
Speaker 3: It is high hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: It is a football Friday here and we are talking hold on, give me a second, all right, give me a second. I'll show you in a minute. She ain't go anywhere. You holding out, all right, So it is a football Friday here. We talked about the Aaron Rodgers sit down with Pat McAfee starring AJ Hawk and just sort of airing out the New York Jets and the clown organization.
Speaker 4: That is the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: Earlier in the show, also heard in the sit down with Pat McAfee was Aaron Rodgers discussing what the future could look like. Obviously, there's been rubblings about the Steelers. He even pointed to that that he went to Pittsburgh. He drove a Chevy Malibu that he got from a rental car spot from another airport to drive to the facility. He talked about his relationship with Kevin O'Connell. They've been friends for a long time. All of that was being had. He talked about Brian day Ball, said he's got a beautiful football mind. All of that being said, but this was Rogers discussing where he's at on his career and what his thoughts are in the future.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm in a different phase of my life. I'm forty one years old. I'm in a serious relationship off the field, stuff going on that requires my attention. You know, to make a commitment to a team is a big thing, whether you're a first year player or a twenty year vet. I've been straight up with these teams from the start about where I was at, you know, starting with the money thing. You know, I told every single one of the teams I talked to man about the money I'll play for ten MS, but also the conversation about where I was at in my personal life, the stuff I'm dealing with off the field, in my inner circle, that that has to take my attention right now. And so I wasn't, you know, stringing anybody along. I wasn't holding anybody hostage. I was honest from the jump about where I was at mentally and some of the constraints that I have in my life right now that have to moreant my attention. So yeah, you know, I've come open to anything and attached to nothing. So so yeah, retirement still could be, could be a possibility, But right now my focus has been and has been and will continue to be in my personal life.
Speaker 2: So translation is going to be a little while. It's going to be a little while before we get an answer. It seems like from Rogers, I.
Speaker 6: Think one of the things that this is a dirty truth of the NFL is the NFL and the teams and the organizations they want you to be desperate. They want the only thing you care about to be football, and look, I don't I don't have a problem with it. That's the business that they're in. You know, it's cutthroat, it's winning and losing, and they want their players to live, eat, sleep, breathe everything football. And I understand a lot of fans out there too would say, well, that's how they should be, considering that's your profession, it's your livelihood. You're getting paid handsomely to do so. But there's another element to things when you've played for twenty years. And I think the writing's on the wall for Aaron Rodgers at this point. Outside of getting another Super Bowl, he's going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He's accomplished already a ton in this league. And it's not the same I'll call it desperation. Maybe there's not even the same motivation when he was in his first few years and he was trying to replace a Hall of famer, step in to the shoes left behind a Hall of famer and Brett Favre, or win that first Super Bowl, or get that first MVP, or even prove the Green Bay Packers wrong after they draft Jordan Love. And he've been winning back to back MVPs. It just doesn't feel like there's the same desperation or motivation as he once had, and that to many teams is ridiculously unattractive and it bothers them. And I think the only reason that Pittsburgh Steelers are entertaining this is in part the relationship that Mike Tomlin has with Aaron Rodgers, but also their desperation to get a quarterback because they went through one of the guys that was a free agent in Russell Wilson. He was already there another guy who ended up going to the New York Jets, the other New York team, so they already had that. And outside of if this falls through, maybe Kirk Cousins trying to make a trade for him, they're not really in a great spot the draft one. They're probably have to use draft capital to trade up or hope someone falls to them, and then you're relying on a rookie. So when you really look at the landscape for Aaron Rodgers and Pittsburgh really being the only suitor at least at this moment, maybe maybe Minnesota sneaks back into it, right with how that was talked about in the past months, But you hear this and you just go That is part of the reason why he's a bit polarizing to a lot of teams out there, because it's not everything for him anymore. He's got a personal life, He has an inner circle people he cares about that at this point in time during the year is more important to him than maybe football. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm not saying that's a good thing either. It's just how he chooses to see it at this point time in his career, in his life, when.
Speaker 4: I chose love, No, I ain't gonna go there. I ain't even gonna go there. I'm not even gonna go there. You know what though, he kind of sounds like Nick Cage, doesn't He Like I started hearing like I started having memories of con Air when he was writing like letters due to his uh it was it his daughter that movie, so he was going to come see his daughter and stuff like that. He kind of sounds like Nick Cage reading the letters to his daughter. You know what I took from that was he's a calculated dude, very calculated, and I think he takes tremendous pride and being wired the way that he is, and why shouldn't he him throwing out a figure. The things I find out to be a tapeit peculiar. I feel like he's talking directly to somebody, and I don't think it's the Pittsburgh Steelers, and I don't think and that could be. I've been trying to figure out why he hasn't signed with the Steelers yet. Why you at the meeting, If you walked away from the meeting feeling good about the meeting, why don't you just sign with the team and get it going. If you don't want to be around and you want to be with your family and deal with your personal stuff and all that, just let them know that coming into it, that that's what you want to do. But I'm a sign here with y'all and we're gonna make this thing work. Why not do it that way? I think there's something more to it. I'm starting to believe that I don't think he wants to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. For one, I think that may be a lass, maybe like a last decision, last made decision for one. But for two, I think he's just too calculated to have just, you know, just lobbed out there, what the amount of money he would play for. I think he's talking directly to somebody, and I don't know if that's the Minnesota Vikings. I don't pretend to know who that's being directed at, but I am my estimation hearing someone as calculated and is as well spoken as he is and stays in character. As I mentioned earlier on the show, he lobbed that out there to somebody that was put out there intentionally that had something connected to it, And I just wonder, is it Menacela or who is it? Who is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the ten ms, I don't know, Like I didn't even know that was a term for a million.
Speaker 4: It just seemed like it was kind of crow Bard in there, do you know what I mean? Like, let me just let it be made known to you in particular, I'll do it for ten ms. It's not about the money. It kind of comes across to me like maybe it's Minnesota he's talking to, but maybe there's a team out there that could use him that he would want to play for, and he doesn't want it to turn into we're not going to talk to you because of the money aspect of it. Maybe that's what he I don't know what he was going for, but that was directed directly at somebody.
Speaker 2: Do you think that if the options were better, he would have already made his decision?
Speaker 4: Yes, I kind of think if Minnesota wanted him, he's signed with Minnesota right now, agreed, agreed, So.
Speaker 6: Like that, he's got a spot right now on Lake Minnetaka. He's probably you know, getting the dock all set up, getting the boat all set up, maybe opening up the pool to there. Ah, probably already has a spar hots up going. But you, I would say, and he's getting the grill ready, you know, not trying to let the rain ruin the rub barb as they'd say up there.
Speaker 3: Good call on that. So this is really an indictment of the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, c Yeah, he sounds like him too. He don't just look like him, he sounds like him. Gee crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, but isn't this sort of an indictment on the Steelers situation that it's not good?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a positive glowing effect that comes off of what the Pittsburgh Stealers represent right now, that if you're an organization that players want to be a part of, and they are clamoring to come be a part of what it is that you got going on. I don't think it's handled this way.
Speaker 2: I mean we made the we made the comp to you know, you're at a bar. There's that one that's ready and willing at ten pm and then they're still there at one thirty one forty five and they're doing last call and you're like, all right, fine, that's crazy, like and it's just stealing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like to be that to like and that person at the bar, they know they're the bottle caps person. Okay, I guess you know that's why you do stuff like, you know, you make a mess of a person's hotel room or they're they're home, or you know, you you do some stuff like that happens in the forty year old Virgin or whatever it may be. You know, you are the bottle cap choice. You are not the sober cap choice. You're not the sober You're not you're not the sober choice. You're looking through bottle caps.
Speaker 6: Should we have Lee actually waiting on this if we're talking about you know, drunken sober.
Speaker 3: Lee knows he's the bottle caps guy.
Speaker 7: Lee.
Speaker 4: You do know, if you get a good looking person at the bar, and it's at the end of the night. It was because you were the only choice that was left. I ain't do really. Yeah, I don't complain about that. I'll take it. They gotta know, really why, they gotta know, because you're still gonna get the same results. Yeah, but you just don't have to take it as far as you would with the person they really liked.
Speaker 6: Maybe they get enchanted with Lee's you know, his eyes, or his his overall general aura around him A great he's got that magnetic personality.
Speaker 4: You had to be good enough to be an option. Keep that in mind. You gotta be good enough to be an option. You just aren't as good as the first or however many options there are in between the first option to you, and you gotta be okay with accepting that. I've been that guy before. I've been that guy before. Some of my closest friends are pretty mother lovers. They are. I ain't as pretty as them. But one thing that you find out when you're not the prettiest dude and your crew is that they attract a lot of pretty people and y'all can't have him. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: You get some leftover come on over, Come on over.
Speaker 2: And why do you think pigeons hang out underneath the table at a park because they can't.
Speaker 4: Hey, you can only eat so much. Something's dropping something, and I'm gonna get it. One of them crumbs is gonna be free with my name on it. You just gotta be okay with it.
Speaker 2: By the way, we're using these comps for a first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback.
Speaker 4: At the Steelers. That's great.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest organizations in sports.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: And also you keep going back to the Nick Cage thing, which have an eerie similarity.
Speaker 4: To its crazy kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: What's he up to? Is he doing movies still?
Speaker 2: Lee?
Speaker 8: He has got a movie coming out called Surfers. I believe that looks awesome.
Speaker 3: You know, so I didn't say he's doing good movies.
Speaker 4: Nick Cage has done some good movies. Did you do a movie about himself? Yeah? Him and Petro Pascal.
Speaker 3: Did watch that, Him and travolt To do Face Off.
Speaker 4: Wasn't a movie?
Speaker 3: Wait, what range he did one about himself?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I can't believe he got snubbed by the Oscars.
Speaker 6: Let's go back to Face Off. That movie was way before it's time. I mean, yeah, I ever ripping off people's faces putting them on each other. Where's our technology there? If we're not be able to do that, we can't.
Speaker 4: I mean people do I time, now you do.
Speaker 2: Didn't even have to be the face. Things have really progressed. Oh they really have.
Speaker 4: So it was before It's time. Yeah. I like that movie.
Speaker 6: It really really was.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Had the love interest in that movie? Remember at a young age watching that thing that she was pretty hot?
Speaker 4: I forget. I don't know Lee, why Dominique Swain. Maybe you should Brunette dirty Blood, I don't remember.
Speaker 6: Definitely like that.
Speaker 8: Oh I know who you're talking about. Lisa Boyle, Cindy. She was Nicholas Cage's girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, m that's that's how he got in trouble in con Air. Girl didn't there wasn't somebody pushing up on his chick and then he like put the dude's you know, nose bone in his brain or something like that and that movie and went to jail because he was a military man. I liked the movie actually good. Yeah, that was pretty good. Great. They had some great actors and Simmy was in there. Yeah, who else was in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It wasn't. It wasn't Ring was in there, John John Malcovic, wasn't virus Cyrus the virus. It wasn't Vin Rams And I mean there was some good names in that movie, man. Yeah, it was a cult classic.
Speaker 3: Good names on the Jets last year too, they sucked.
Speaker 6: Dang.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, John Cusack, John Cusack. Chappelle's in there. I forgot about Dave Chappelle. I knew Vin Raimes. Yeah he is in there.
Speaker 3: Danny Trejo, he's in there.
Speaker 4: You know, the dude with the chick with the afro tattooed on him?
Speaker 3: Those Lee.
Speaker 6: Oh well, by the way, uh Lee, are you done celebrating your birthday?
Speaker 3: It was still going on, still going baby an.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which night did you get the most hammered? I think on your actual birthday? On tax Day?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was Taco Tuesday?
Speaker 4: R Tuesday.
Speaker 8: It's a good time. Where'd you go Morrison's for Taco Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Five dollars?
Speaker 3: Margerita sounds like a Hispanic name.
Speaker 4: That's very far away from being a Spanish name.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go to Jamal's on Saint Patty's today?
Speaker 4: What you're trying to say, Dang, what you're doing, Jonas.
Speaker 3: Where are you going to celebrate? Celebrate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you show your true colors here, Hun, dang, what are you talking about? That vampire talko?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 4: All right, take us a break, man, cool, get us out of here. That'll wrap up our coverage of Aaron rod Aaron Rodgers do in Pittsburgh by now, if he wanted to be there, that's just what everybody needs to be aware of. And I think that that's the moral of this story and whoever it is he's talking to that he's going to go play for Listen, I'll come play for you. I want to play for you. I'll do it for ten million. That's That's all I need is ten now ms. I'm letting you know I need ten ms.
Speaker 3: By the way, how rich are you that you call it ten ms? Like ten ms?
Speaker 6: I think it was more like locker room talking to the dudes in locker room.
Speaker 4: I agree, I wish would be sweet. Cats call them bands? You know, what's that? Like? A g G? What's a g grand? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Just don't know these terms? Oh my gosh? What hey said? A guh? LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here? In for the Dan Patrick Show coming up next. Here we will tell you how h somebody has made a rule. All right, this position group not getting paid. They are not getting paid. You will hear from them right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sportsradio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 10: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 9: So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say.
Speaker 10: I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe.
Speaker 3: The most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 9: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Cabino and Rich. It's a Dan Patrick show, Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you and for Dan and the guys. Coming up in about twenty minutes from now, we are going to close up shop with a little something called Lee's Leftovers and on a football Friday, who the hell knows where that's gonna go? Lee, you got some spicy stuff for us on a football Friday or what?
Speaker 4: Let's to look ahead too.
Speaker 8: We have Easter Sunday falling on a four to twenty, so who knows what happens there.
Speaker 4: They're going to get a lot of high people celebrating Jesus. Yeah, who knows what's in that egg? And recapping an interesting night for me last night? And yeah, we'll see what happens. Oh, that's good. All right. That's good.
Speaker 2: All right, So we've got that for you. About twenty minutes from now here. Before we get to get to this fun stuff from Syracus head coach Ran Brown, I want to let you know that we are brought to you by Maco. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get free estimate today, Oh better get MAKO. So Fran Brown, the Syracuse head coach, was talking with w T L A a M. And had this to say about paying wide receivers in this new nil landscape.
Speaker 11: All the respect to everybody in the country, to every wide receiver, to everybody that's doing all this stuff. Like if you want to make two million out wide receiver, that's to blow a homie over at Ohio State. Ain't nobody else making that money given no wide receiver, No two million dollars playing in college.
Speaker 4: No, that ain't me. I ain't doing that. I can't do it.
Speaker 7: Unless they tell me that we get a chance to have Travis Hunter. He could come back to college and he could come here and play for Ards.
Speaker 4: Then he gonna get some of my yet.
Speaker 7: But I ain't paying nobody two thousand this year not to meet two million whatever I just said.
Speaker 4: He ain't giving nobody that so least. You know, he sounded like he's from where I came from. He from straight the way. What's his name? Where's he original from? He talks like Brown, the head coach of Syracuse. Yeah, yeah, I would wonder where he's from. Let me look up where fran Brown is from. He talked like he from Homewood.
Speaker 6: Man, He's originally from Camden, New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, same deal. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Camden is like Homewood.
Speaker 12: Yeah about thousand oaks. He wouldn't be like a thousand California guy. Okay, No, he did a hell of a job in his first year, I know that. And he's recruited his ass off wherever he's been.
Speaker 6: You know, he did a Georgia George did a hell of a job, even during this time of Rutgers for their standards. But he's not wrong. I mean, there's here's the thing about an I l and not that we have to keep pounding the pavement on this entire conversation. I just said, you guys, by the way, really interesting article that just came out in regards to the transfer portal and Division one basketball players. But there's only one percent of the players that are taking the lion's share of what's out there. And I think that gets lost sometimes in regards to really what a lot of these student athletes are making. And I also think and I gets a bad rep because we see a situation like niko Ea Malaiyava and we watch how it plays out and we scorn the NCAA and everyone else involved as part of the process. And whether it's you know, blaming the parents, blame the agents, wherever it all goes, the truth is you're looking at a world where there are no boundaries. Like people act like you want to do the same thing if you're in their shoes. And as I sit here today and look at what some of these players are asking for or taking the just the opportunity to go out and see what their market value is, a lot of people probably do the same thing. So look, there is only one player in the country, a wide receiver that deserves to get two million or maybe even more than that, and that is Jeremiah Smith at Ohio State. All Right, he is the player that's going to be considered when he is draft eligible to be the number one overall pick because he is that good and he's that ready for the NFL. He would be the number one player maybe taken in this year's draft if he left. And he's coming off as true freshman season. So I've had high praise for him since I watched him in high school. He's rare. That's a once in a generation talent and young man who's ready for that sort of competition at such a young age. But ran Brown's not wrong. And unfortunately, the truth is there's players who are going to test it to see what they can make, to try to line their pockets while they can and take advantage. And there's some who don't prioritize that. And by the way, there's some that don't. It's not some, it's more the majority. I think it's interesting. I was talking to man man like because we're living it right now.
Speaker 4: We're in then io age and my son is a freshman. He's not even a true freshman yet. He's an early and row lee in school and we just were having the conversation and you know the one thing that I'll say every one of these kids out here and every one of these families out here aren't bent on trying to get as much out of nil as they possibly can squeeze out of it, I will say, and having the conversation with him, just listening to his mindset and some of the guys that are you know, in and around that that are in this college landscape, there really are guys that truly are focused in on keeping the main thing, the main thing, which is getting their education and playing at the highest level that they can play at. If you're a four star, five star guy coming out of high school, or you're in college and you're you've become an All American or you've all you're All Conference, there are going to be a lot of opportunities for you to make appearances, for you to do things that will, you know, get you a check. I just think that it's nice to know that there are still a lot of young aspiring talents that are just going there to develop, going there to want to go figure right, leave a lasting impression on on the college landscape of what it was that they were able to do and impact the game. I think the young people that are able to do that and it's not you know, corroded or diminished by greed of people that are outside of you know themselves that you know, it could be parents, it could be managers or agents or whatever it is that that you know, these guys have these days. I think if they continue to keep the focus in on what it really represents to go to college and play ball there, I think that I think that that's a very very commendable, a commendable thing. And so while it's like so much Nil talk, Nil Nil, there are a lot of young people that are in college right now that aren't looking to try to take advantage of a coach, or trying to take advantage of the university, or you know, trying to leverage all these different things that's going on. And I thought, I think that that should be stated because I really feel as though NIL has really opened up a very very negative type of approach to talking about college sports anymore. And we were so inundated with the Nico you know, I'm gonna leave you know, stories that are out there and what may take place with this player or who's making this much money in this that and the other. Like Q said, there's a small minute percentage of people that are commanding the type of dollars that are being taughtund and yet there's an entire narrative that is it has really developed and has taken shape and taken hold of college sports, college football.
Speaker 3: And I don't know that that's necessarily true.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of stories that would not only balance out, but would really drown out the amount of attention being put on the greedy ones, I'll say, the ones that are looking for those big ass paychecks and all those different things. Sure, that's becoming polarizing and commanding headlines and getting clicks, but there are a lot of young dudes out there that are doing this thing the right way and still look at it as I want to be a dope football player first, and it's not just about trying to get the money out of the universities and all that stuff. I'm here to play. I want to have a great relationship with my teammates. I want to have a great relationship with the community that I'm a part of. I found that to be pretty refreshing to hear that from my own child in the scenario, because a lot of this conversation is circulating not only in the media, but it's circulating amongst them as well, and it's a matter of how they're able to internalize and digest what's being put out there and what's being discussed, what's realistic and what isn't. And I think that that's something that should be stated.
Speaker 2: Brady mentioned this the article from Ross Ellinger speaking of the situation in college. Ad Advisor is, a consulting firm for athletic departments, released today a comprehensive study on the basketball transfer portal dating back to twenty nineteen. In it, they found that approximately sixty five percent of all Division one basketball playing student athletes who enter the transfer portal, regardless of the competition level their career begin at, either transferred down a level or did not find a new home at the highest competition level. In the study, the Power for Conferences in the Big Ee, seventy percent of student athletes who entered the portal transferred down or did not find a new home. At the lowest competition level, which was the majority of D one programs, sixty one percent of student athletes who entered the portal transferred down or did not find a new home.
Speaker 6: For those two but we got to put into context because there are some things that aren't pointed out, like you don't know the eligibility issues or rules, which could have been a reason why they actually ended up not finding at home. Okay, that's one problem issue with this that I think everyone's trying to sort out too, how you can simplify it but also make it easier for student athletes if they do want to transfer, to still keep the main thing the main thing, and that's to get their degree, so they're not leaving after their athletic career and having nothing to really go off of into the business world. There's also a thought that, well, if they're moving to lower ranked teams, it's kind of how it works. There's players who are transferring from teams that are higher ranked, better teams they're not either playing or there's people who are offering them more on other teams that need it. So you know in reading that it's like a jarring stat but it's also not paying the entire picture, like, of course you're gonna have players even in football, for example, who leave Ohio State, who leave Notre Dame, who leave like Penn State top programs and go to smaller schools to play, or they might be getting offered more money there because they're more valued there, So that doesn't stand out to me so much. I think if you had an exact percentage of players that didn't find a home that would be that would be more of what I would focus on from this article that I think is significant is figuring out how you can educate young people to say, like, maybe it's better to stay and see this out. Maybe you get an opportunity, maybe you don't, but at least you have a degree. In the end.
Speaker 4: That should be at least you have a degree. You have the opportunity to get the degree that you gain that knowledge, you gain that understanding, you have direct connection to your community. I always tell guys and I tell my kids this, Now, make sure you have your job lined up before you graduate. I don't know who confused you on thinking you should be one of these trust fund babies, which they are. But you're not going to go travel for ten years, fifteen years and then decide what you want to do. That's not how we're going to do it. In our house. You have your job lined up, you have your people lined up, You have your your conversations, your allies, your connections, your relationships, you have all those things lined up before you leave school, because the moment you get that degree, the moment you lead, depending on what line of work you're in, you're already overqualified. You're not going to get a job that you're looking for just going out there in the regular market, because they're gonna look at you like, yeah, you're too qualified for us to bring you in at this entry level position. We're going to go with this person over here, whatever it may be. Leverage your community because even after you're done playing I did not go to school for media media broadcasts. I did not. I took classes, I studied it, I worked at it to get better at being able to do it. But that's not what I went to school for. I wanted to be a counselor, and so once I got done playing ball, even while I was playing ball, the reason why I got opportunities to do media, it was always a Penn State ard that was hiring me. And that's a true story. Every single time. Early on, I had no experience, none of that. And the person, the person Sam Sam happens to be his name not Iyo Sam, Penn State Sam. He was a Penn Stater and he worked at CBS radio, and he gave me, gave me the opportunity to do radio and learn radio. He taught me how it worked and all the different things that went into it. And he's a Penn Stater. You know, a lot of the opportunities that I see and I'm able to take advantage of are just conversations within my Penn State community. And we all have that opportunity. So there's a lot more value there than just going there and being a mercenary and having them pay you and they don't pay you enough, you go play somewhere else. Even if you don't play a whole lot, there's tremendous value to staying there and being immersed in the community that you're attending the school for. It's just simple arithmetic, if you ask me. Even if it doesn't play out, and even if it does play out well for you plan on the field, you're still going to most likely live more life than you did playing at the professional level six seven years. If you have a fifteen twenty year career, that's that's rare. But what one great enjoy that. But the reality of it is is that your value is what you build relationship wise within the community that you're servicing, especially as it applies to the college institution that you attend.
Speaker 2: All State College led you to a radio listen to college. I'm Brady's radio mentor, and I worked at Chunky Cheese. See dang, it's all the same thing.
Speaker 6: Well that which is surprising again going back to one of our conversations earlier in today's show again walking out of Radio Roads super Bowl and then you know Lvar with his swag, you know it kind of how I walk, probably with a little bit of a limbit because I messed up feet. And then there's Jonas it looks like the damn tin man. I mean, you had to have a little bit of a wiggle in order to be the rat at Chucky Cheese, and you've got to shake that asse at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I'm suffering the side effects of all that. You know, it's a daunting task, adn job, and it's good to see, man, you know, to fight through all that, and plus the amount of weight that I lift, like Brady, come on, man, you know the joints have seen some damage.
Speaker 4: So it happens. Bud.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're all together here on a football Friday, and we'll close up shop with another edition of Lee's Leftovers. It's sure to be a spicy one. According to Lee, that'll be yours next year as it's two pros and a cup of joe In For Dan Patrick here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox and for Dan and the guys here on this Football Friday. This sounds like that hippity hop from DC. Before we get to another edition of Lee's Leftovers. A reminder that even though you're listening to us now, did you know you can also see us. Be sure to check out the Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel. Just search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. You'll see a whole bunch of video highlights from our shows. Be sure to subscribe so you always have instant access to our Fox Sports Radio videos on YouTube. By the way, we will be back on the air coming up on Monday in our usual time slot six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific here on Fox Sports Radio. Always before The Dan Patrick Show. But right now we close up shop with this.
Speaker 1: Please might smell a little fun ca what is that?
Speaker 6: Sounds incredible?
Speaker 1: But they're still good. Time to find out what's lack? It's Lee's lap jobs.
Speaker 3: All right to lap what do we got?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: Well, before we get to the weekend ahead. Last night, I wanted to share a story I went to go see. Well, first of all, my dinner was canceled. My birthday dinner was canceled, so that was a shame.
Speaker 4: Ended up going to go.
Speaker 8: See the first Imax showing of Sinners, which it comes out this weekend with Michael B. Jordan, and had a nice little surprise. Ryan Coogler, the director, came out. He gave a little speech beforehand. If you don't know Ryan Kugler, he's directed the likes of Black Panther, uh and Creed movies all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well Conda forever, man, let's Ryan Kugler. Dude, Come on, man, will Conda forever? You all know who Ron Cougler is. Come on, man, space jab Lebron's space jab there he is right there.
Speaker 3: That's called the movie is called Sinners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great movie. Go see. It's like like a almost like a horror flick kind of sol.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't want to give away the big surprise in it, but yeah, how do you know those surprise because he went to see it?
Speaker 4: I went to see it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you get that access that you shouldn't get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can't tell Nodays movies.
Speaker 8: Movie's actually, you know, premiere around three pm or seven pm on Thursdays now instead of Fridays.
Speaker 3: Were you on that liver loop while you're in the Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I passed out at the end. I missed the end, missed the end. So how do you know it again? I don't want to go see it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give away the ending. Oh don't worry.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: By the way, did they know this is how you behave?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be like watching their movie and discussing it.
Speaker 3: Do they know how you behave?
Speaker 2: In there?
Speaker 8: This one was open to the public. I'm free to do whatever whatever I want.
Speaker 3: Well, you got, Butchered admits the ending.
Speaker 4: I did. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give it away.
Speaker 4: I gotta go see it.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't worry. He can't give it away enough to know I was very tired.
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 3: How what did you drink?
Speaker 4: We went to get sushi.
Speaker 8: Before and the lady who was at the sushi bar was very nice. She kept on pouring us rice wine. So we had a couple of hot soaks, some beers, and some rice wine.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that's it. Well, and I was just really tired. Who were you with?
Speaker 4: I was with of course Todd? Okay, okay, did you bring a flask in? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did, so you had more than this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a litt tequila there too, some tequila in the flask.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Did some people know the new audience it's an interrogation room because there's always more that you could squeeze out of this.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 3: You just got to keep asking questions.
Speaker 4: You know. There was a beat box in there too.
Speaker 3: Was there at a beat box too?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, that was for the movie. Yeah, I gave you the pregame during the movie. You had a beat box.
Speaker 4: And well, there you go. That makes it all make sense, Rady, that's your guy, that's my guy.
Speaker 8: And then of course I got in trouble with the lady Fred because she wanted to see the movie with me, and I went.
Speaker 4: Without her, and I saw Ray Cougler. She's very high, And weren't you excited that you didn't take the lady with you? I was excited I got to see Ryan Cougler. That was cool. Didn't make you happy that you felt the freedom of hanging with Todd void of any type of drama or any type of confusion or conflict. Yeah, And he introduced me to chicken bake from Costco. What is that? What is that? It's like so good?
Speaker 8: It's uh, I describe it kind of like a hot pocket but better.
Speaker 13: It's like a roll of bread that's been stuff with like chickens, Caesar dressing and bacon, all the healthy stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't sound healthy to me. No, definitely was not. Huh.
Speaker 13: All right, it's so good. It's a good five dollars. It's like four dollars and can get it like hot and just right away.
Speaker 4: Rank everything's cheap there. So enjoy WrestleMania forty one, Easter and four twenty. I'm gonna enjoyed these.
Speaker 8: John Cena, looking to surpass Rick Flair for the all time record seventeen world champion.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to bet on WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: Oh I got the inside on. I'll let you know when we get off air. Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah, Because John Wrestling isn't it's not real. But I just sent you oh joking, I'm joking. Do have a great weekend.