Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Saren, Elizabeth Ben, Noel Max. Do you know what's ridiculous? Six hosts, six hosts in a tiny.
Speaker 3: Gonna be some cross talk, y'all, It's gonna be some crosstalk. We're doing our best.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, no, no, are we cross talking?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, just barely.
Speaker 4: We're not cross talking at all?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you being serious?
Speaker 6: Yes, well, there's a it's a it's a it's a conversation, and it's conversation. Uh, Noel Max, that that we might be interrupting. I believe producer Dave is setting up a thing.
Speaker 3: It's true. Carry on, sir Dave, were you setting.
Speaker 6: Up a thing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry? Are you guys done?
Speaker 7: It's back to you.
Speaker 3: And that's the what we keep talking. I keep talking over.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you what is ridiculous. Six hosts in a tiny little box going toe to toe in an attempt to determine which show reigns supreme. This is not ridiculous Crime. It still may be a podcast about absurd and outrageous capers, heys and cons. We'll just have to see. This is also not ridiculous history. Welcome everyone, what we have here is something extra special, as the presence of all these voices will attest. This is a little something we cooked up called twenty Ridiculous Questions. It's kind of I don't know, Ben, if you will allow me, it's the Ridiculous Beast with two backs, the history back and the crime back. I don't know how that was.
Speaker 4: Some sort of hybrid of all that that's also somehow really sticky.
Speaker 2: Before I continue, let's do introductions. So from Team Ridiculous History we have Ben Bolan, Noel Brown and Max Williams. Welcome one and all.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How are we all doing today? Any any want to give any speed, any last words.
Speaker 6: I'm a big fan of Ridiculous Crime and want to shout out that show in particular, which may be somewhat redundant, but I'm not backing down from it, big fan, all right.
Speaker 2: And from Team Ridiculous Crime we have Zaren Burnett, Elizabeth Dutton and me KG.
Speaker 6: Dave Houston. Hello, what's the what's the KG? Dave?
Speaker 2: Oh? That's uh what Kyle gas from TENACIOUSD. He always says me, KG.
Speaker 3: It's me KG sucking up on them toes.
Speaker 8: That's you got it doing? Some sea push boy Friend, it sucks toes. Finally, here's the twenty twenty four now Friends. As far as the game, the game Friends.
Speaker 2: Is Pistols at Dawn, well Ben Ben wanted pistols at dawn. Zaren wanted calculating pie to the most decimal places. That's right, No, I think you wanted Bakara. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: I don't know either. You guys know how to play Mancala, that's the one.
Speaker 5: I love that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I used to play strip Mancoa.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 9: It's one of those games where I don't fully understand the rules. I just kind of somehow, I'm accidentally good at it.
Speaker 6: Zeron, I knew that was you man, Yeah right A while lit a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So out of all these wonderful suggestions, we decided on the game of twenty questions. More specifically, this is going to be a game of twenty questions about historical flexes. Now, keep me honest here. A historical flex is when someone makes like a zag instead of a zig, some kind of a bold move, something that wasn't required in their position, and that maybe it brought on consequences. Is that accurate?
Speaker 9: Or perhaps an absurdly ostentatious display of disgusting wealth.
Speaker 6: You know yeah, yeah, for instance, like when uh, when you are so wealthy that you trap you go on a road trip and you break the economy of countries while you're traveling.
Speaker 7: Right Monteusas style.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, sir, Yeah see cloud outless moments.
Speaker 3: We've actually done this.
Speaker 9: Uh, a different version of this with Miles and Jack from the Daily Zeit guys and Jack brought I think one of my favorite historical flexes, which is the little known fact that Charles Darwin ate every animal.
Speaker 3: That he studied and documented.
Speaker 5: That's disgusting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a flex may be not necessarily imbued with some kind of absolute moral right or wrong right.
Speaker 2: You know, ye exactly God.
Speaker 4: Also, another fun note about Charles Darwin is when he discovered the Glopagos tortoise, he looked at it and said, I'm going to try to ride one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going to write it. Then I'm going to eat it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Darwin also a big foot fetish guy, little little known.
Speaker 6: His day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real Maverick, anyone here a big twenty questions player anyway, Like got some tony question skills built up?
Speaker 7: Oh, I play it on my phone against friends.
Speaker 9: Yes, I only vaguely understand the concepts. I've never participated, so I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to see you guys do it right before I screw it up.
Speaker 6: Most of my friends President Company excluded, are incredibly sketchy, so every conversation is a bit like twenty questions. Well.
Speaker 2: As far as where the game comes from, there's some dispute as to where it originated, but the oldest reference seems to be in eighteen twenty two, which was when a Scottish teacher named William Fordyce Mavor Mavor Mavor who knows who cares, offered it up as a way to pass the time before TV and electricity and readily available recreational drugs.
Speaker 9: So for Dice like a street name because he carried around for Dice in his pocket.
Speaker 6: It was like his ancestors street name. He got normalized into a middle name.
Speaker 3: An Yeah, okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: So then you fast forward like twenty years later it shows up in the US, and then it took off like wildfire. It even became a very popular quiz show in nineteen forty nine. Unfortunately, so none of you can cheat. Most of the episodes were lost when the studios wipe the tape to use it again for something else, which is outrageous, right, Like, so many beautiful live recordings have just been lost this.
Speaker 5: Way, so many questions.
Speaker 9: Was this the era of the Great Quiz Show scandals where they were all like fixed earlier?
Speaker 2: Little Yeah, yeah, but that one was like forty nine to mid fifties essentially, so probably yeah, gets right in there.
Speaker 4: I wonder if A. J. Jacobs is a fan of this game.
Speaker 6: I'm sure yeah, he probably has a book about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably way better than anything you would write.
Speaker 5: Dave, Do we have like rules regulations for this or is this just the Wild West?
Speaker 2: I am glad you asked that. Before we can rumble, let's set some ground rules, all right, So the teams are pretty clear, right, This is head to head, ridiculous crime versus the ogs, the goats, ridiculous history, and score will be kept just between those two entities. So ridiculous crime versus ridiculous history. Each of us will take a turn doing what we call being the flexer. And since you can't see in the audience, I'll represent to you that each one of us are doing our best bodybuilding superposed right now to signify flex. That person takes a historical flex in mind, a person that did something, and then what they did. All three members of the other show's team can question them until either they guess correctly or their twenty questions run out, so they can ask up to twenty questions. The questions can be yes or no questions, and acceptable answers are yes, no, I don't know, maybe, or you're so far off that you should really ask a different kind of question.
Speaker 3: Different generous yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So the team correctly guesses the historical figure who did the flex, we will award them one point. If the team is also able to guess what the flex itself is, then it's at the discretion of the flexor. They can award any amount of points additionally or no points, and at the end of questioning, the flexer will reveal their historical figure and the flex and tell us a little bit about it. So that's how it's going to go.
Speaker 3: Any questions, is there a flexi or just a flex or?
Speaker 5: I think that the questioners are the flexi Yes, question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting the term straight, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Is there a time limit for the twenty questions?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, we don't want to be here.
Speaker 7: My next birthday next okay, Sara is your next birthday August?
Speaker 6: But you know hey same yeah, same shout out.
Speaker 7: Okay, good summer babies.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay, So then we can we can just feel it out. We can vibe together on.
Speaker 2: That take the journey with me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want you to live your truth.
Speaker 7: Yeah. You guys will be the first dave. You want to go be the first flexer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. So the way this will go is it'll be a round robin. Everybody will get a chance to flex, and when one person's flexing, the three members of the other team will get They all get to ask questions. So, starting with me, we're going to start the invisible clock that doesn't exist. Go ahead and guess the historical flex I have in mind.
Speaker 6: Question one, is this person alive?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 9: Was this person elected to some political office?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Man? Was this person born in America? United States for America?
Speaker 2: Yes? So that's three.
Speaker 4: That puts that puts the three questions, three questions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, keeping count all along at home, as well, Thank you, thank you, sered. Okay, did this person have siblings?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Good question? I am gonna need to check my notes on that.
Speaker 9: Well, I would argue that if you don't know, they probably weren't noteworthy.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, no they do not.
Speaker 9: Was this person known for killing someone?
Speaker 7: Shorthand? Uh no?
Speaker 4: Why did you have to pause?
Speaker 3: Think that would be a definitive yes or no?
Speaker 6: A Max has got one, Mexic got one.
Speaker 4: I don't have one. I'm counting the number I got the question you can think, we want to question I got the number? Are we are we allowed to discuss amongst our.
Speaker 2: Conversation?
Speaker 6: That doesn't count as question six, though you get.
Speaker 2: To ask question that's five more questions.
Speaker 3: Genie rules.
Speaker 4: For another wish?
Speaker 6: I don't legal alignment?
Speaker 3: All right, we got then?
Speaker 6: Well I'm thinking, okay, so is this person known for a single historic act? No?
Speaker 9: Right, no, guys, sorry, was this person in uh films?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Was this person born in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: The nineteen hundreds?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll even give you the date, nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, Charlie Chaplin, no is that?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 4: No, No, they're letting us back because I was.
Speaker 6: Thinking the same thing. Okay, Uh so is this person well known today? Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, so we're calling that your ninth question. If that if Knowles was reeled back, Okay, it was really good.
Speaker 3: Thank you very gracious.
Speaker 9: Is this person mainly known for being a star of film.
Speaker 2: It's a tough call. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, is this uh uh?
Speaker 3: Keep?
Speaker 6: Does this person identify male?
Speaker 2: Yes? Did since they were deceased?
Speaker 6: Did since they were dead? Okay? Did? No?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Sorry, Max, you gotta give us one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, internal discussion. Is it Howard Hughes?
Speaker 4: So let's see it's not what well, so it's not filmed.
Speaker 3: They were in film though you said they were in films.
Speaker 4: And it put us and put us somewhere like this. I looked up Humphrey Bogart. That was eighteen hundred and.
Speaker 6: No looking at stuff up?
Speaker 2: Where was that?
Speaker 4: That was? No, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Phones phones phones faced down?
Speaker 4: We are we are a show built around research. I researched.
Speaker 9: It was Yeah, run Dave said that this person is not known exclusively for being film stars, so it wouldn't be a Bogart type figure. Howard Hughes type figure is interesting, but he wasn't in films.
Speaker 3: He just directed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, I got by the way.
Speaker 3: I didn't know at all.
Speaker 9: Until I watched The Aviator for the first time recently, which is a very good film.
Speaker 7: Okay, he was an innovator of films, like he.
Speaker 9: Really did all kinds of crazy stuff, and he was he articulously clean.
Speaker 2: For a while, like tissue boxes.
Speaker 7: And jars.
Speaker 6: Okay, was this male historical figure also active in the world of music?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that's question twelve.
Speaker 6: Okay, Question twelve, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: So yes, So I'm thinking then, was this person someone with ties to organized crime?
Speaker 2: Question thirteen reputedly?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, we got seven questions left you guys. Oh oh yeah, Max, ask.
Speaker 4: Is this person Frank Sinatra?
Speaker 7: Yes, questions I came.
Speaker 4: Is fun y'all.
Speaker 6: Wow, Okay, we haven't guessed the flex.
Speaker 2: Yes, So for an unnamed amount of additional points, can you guess the flex that I have in mind right now?
Speaker 9: That's how life was kind of a flex. That guy was.
Speaker 6: Super problematic flexes too.
Speaker 9: Let's see, I don't know if I know of one that I would have associate with the idea of what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Word winning musicians in street name Old Blue Eyes.
Speaker 9: Is it something to do with with with us with like luxury type of situation?
Speaker 2: We're no longer in twenty questions?
Speaker 3: How can we?
Speaker 4: How can we possibly?
Speaker 6: We just have to know everything about Frank I guess.
Speaker 5: Take a guess.
Speaker 4: It's sort of like, did he have a freakishly large penis that he needed additional space in his pants?
Speaker 7: So then.
Speaker 4: What better guess do y'all have?
Speaker 6: Was he was he involved in some sort of government operation?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that is not the flex.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't be.
Speaker 6: We just want to hear we don't know, Yeah, what's the flex?
Speaker 2: The flex is Francis Albert Sinatra did his own stunts in Manchurian Candidate, and as a result either broke his hand or his wrist, and then he couldn't play Dirty Harry Harry Callahan in the Dirty Harry movies.
Speaker 9: What I didn't know he was in the Manchurian Candidate. I never think of Sinatra as being an actor at all.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 7: Yeah, also a bunch of movies he wanted to cdemy.
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, isn't it funny how sometimes you can just really have like a blind spot for like certain things. I mean, you know, we we researched and talk about stuff like this all the time, and I just zero awareness that Sinatra was in movies.
Speaker 6: I also propose a port banteau if we're if we're interested, this is a flex A had consequences for Old Blue Eyes, So what if we call that a flexequence.
Speaker 2: He's very flexiquent. Yeah, a little bit more color. So if you've seen the movie, Uh, he smashes his hand onto a table, and that was really him smashing his hand onto a table. Nancy Sinatra says he broke his finger. Other sources say he broke his wrist, but they all agree that it never healed right. And so he was actually attached to the first Dirty Harry movie for six months. And he gets in and they show him the three fifty seven magnum and he picks it up.
Speaker 4: That's a big gun man, yeah.
Speaker 2: And he says, and Zaren will do a better Old Blue Eye than me, but he's like, I'm afraid it's a little too big for my hands. I did find a quote from Eastwood to confirming this, because I wanted to make sure this wasn't a bunch of bs. Eastwood said, I was in post production on play Misty for me, and they called up and asked, are you still interested? In Dirty Harry, Eastwood recalled, I said, what happened to Frank Sinatra? And they said, Frank Sinatra's got some problem with his hand and he can't hold a gun. That sounded like a pretty lame excuse, but it didn't matter to me. I said, I'll do it. But since they had initially talked to me, there had been all these rewrites. I said, I'm only interested in the original script.
Speaker 3: That's a flex and another.
Speaker 9: I actually saw Dirty Harry for the first time recently and again Blind Spot. I had no idea how tied to the Zodiac Killer. Yeah, and it's sort of featured in Zodiac in the Fincher movie. They go to like the premiere and then some of the detectives are like, guys, it's over.
Speaker 3: They already made the movie about it.
Speaker 5: Well, and there was some talk in the local, like in the scene, that maybe this would draw him out for more communications because there had been a gap.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys are in Zodiac country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when Sinatra couldn't do it, they're really scrambling and so yeah. A couple other actors turned it down because it was like all too weird and conservative for them, like Steve McQueen was also approached for it, and he was like, I already did a detective movie and this is doesn't fit with my with my feels.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the Steve McQueen dirty Harry movie.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine a Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 6: Part of me is now always going to be a little bit imagining the Steve McQueen.
Speaker 5: Dirty Oh yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: I'm just caring that.
Speaker 3: Now. I need to see Bullet.
Speaker 5: Have you guys seen Li Yeah, a couple of years ago on the big screen.
Speaker 7: Yes, one of my favorite movies of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was amazing, the chase scene on a big screen.
Speaker 7: The sound is engines.
Speaker 5: If you ever see it playing like at an art house theater near you go.
Speaker 7: Go watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really like Drive. So I think Drive was highly inspired.
Speaker 7: By pretty much every car chase since nineteen sixty nine has been inspired by Bullet.
Speaker 4: Too true, Too True.
Speaker 6: We also we did not get our wild card point for people playing a log at home. We had check me your's eron. It took us fourteen of our twenty questions to yeah to nail Nail Old Blue Eyes aka Frank A. Sinatra for a grand total of if you could get a drum roll one point.
Speaker 2: Oh, Paul, I.
Speaker 5: Do want to point out that I, you know, was suggested that maybe half a point if you if you guess, and then I was like, I just no rules. Yeah, so it's just whatever soul be.
Speaker 9: Rewarded for guessing and fewer questions. That just feels, you.
Speaker 5: Know, well, we can start where everyone starts with negative twenty.
Speaker 7: Pride. It's like you can just coact like, you know, we got ours and fourteen too, you guys night.
Speaker 5: Well maybe the team with the lowest number score gets an extra point at the end for that having that that low score, low questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's up to your discretion. You could give five hundred points.
Speaker 6: Yeah. We can also just m PR p rriot and just you know, sort of like wait, wait, don't tell me, just kind of have a good time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Zaren will you will you will you leave an outgoing message on my answering machine.
Speaker 2: As I just got a text. It's from sponsors. They want us to take a break, oh.
Speaker 6: Like as people are as a show.
Speaker 2: Just both Yeah, they said, hang it up, this isn't working, so let's do that and when we get back we will have been as the next flexer.
Speaker 6: And we have returned. Folks as always, thank you for joining us. This is this is round two. We're in the Luminaries of Ridiculous Crime. We'll have twenty questions to guess an historical flexer, and perhaps indeed they're flex Now, I'm gonna be honest, there is a weird one because you guys are experts, so I couldn't make it like too too easy. I'll start off by saying it is not carrot top.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, scratching out furiously.
Speaker 7: Oh, let's see for a first question, Elizabeth, you like you're the first ones. All right. The first question is is the was this person an American?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yes, lived in America, lived in America? Gentle preezing there.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm very mpr with these.
Speaker 5: Was this person alive to see baseball?
Speaker 9: Yes, like professional baseball or just like stickball in the alley.
Speaker 6: Some form of baseball?
Speaker 2: What about plastic?
Speaker 6: Give me just a second on that one. Let me go back through my notes. That's a good question. I got to learn more about plastic. I'm gonna say no, not.
Speaker 2: Call it the graduate the way we know it. Okay, yeah, okay too.
Speaker 5: Well, if we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Plastics, are basically World War two, so being yeah, between the eighth nineteen nineteenth century and up to nineteen thirties.
Speaker 5: Well, vacolate was early day.
Speaker 7: No, that's the beginning of plastics.
Speaker 2: Ask about wealth?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, Dave, you got a shot? Dave?
Speaker 2: Uh did the I don't want to I don't want to throw away my shot. Was this person part of the elite wealth class?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Okay? Was this person born in Europe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Born in Europe? American citizen ballpark range of No, put enchanted? What years?
Speaker 2: We say we.
Speaker 7: Don't have a front end, we'd have a back end. Was this was this person alive before the camera? It was invented in eighteen thirty nine?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay?
Speaker 7: Was this person they lived a long time. If they made it to plastic, right, they didn't though, Oh so plastic.
Speaker 6: They got plastic as we on the other side.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, okay, okay. Was this person famous for their knowledge?
Speaker 6: Could you be more specific?
Speaker 5: Was this person a scientist?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Was this person a military leader?
Speaker 6: Also?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Was this person a woman?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Mmm, so this will be questioned ten?
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, we have nine so far, and we have I've got it narrowed down to two people, so this should be easy.
Speaker 5: Was this person controversial in her day?
Speaker 6: Yes? Ja yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 5: Uh zerond have a question?
Speaker 7: Was this was this woman associated with a political movement?
Speaker 6: I'm a not really no, no, Noel Max. Would you guys be comfortable say no on that one? Just to check me here?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I would be comfortable. I forgot who who you have? So great?
Speaker 7: Great good?
Speaker 5: But whatever it is, sure this is this is a peculiar one.
Speaker 7: We've got nine guesses left.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what with our parameters? We're talking about a woman born.
Speaker 7: In Europe, becomes an American and was alive in the nineteenth century.
Speaker 5: Controversial, butsal Was this person an entertainer?
Speaker 6: No? No, I mean this is to be clear, this is a bit of a tough one. One hint I would give you is this is an excellent subject for an episode of something like Ridiculous Crime, slightly deep cut figure.
Speaker 7: Cut figure criminal pop possibly or overlapping with crime.
Speaker 5: I am having a how many questions have we had so far?
Speaker 7: When we've done twelve questions? That would be thirteenth question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about asking about whether they were convicted of federal charges.
Speaker 5: Or any charges federal or state.
Speaker 6: We'll go with that, okay, yeah, yes, uh convicted and I'll help you out here because this is a tough one. Convicted and then ultimately fled the US.
Speaker 7: Hm hmm.
Speaker 5: I'm having a hard time on this one.
Speaker 7: This is very this person married to a fame, anybody famous or that we would know by name.
Speaker 6: M m no, No, she's sort of the protagonist. I think your story.
Speaker 5: Okay, not an entertainer.
Speaker 7: Did this person do any violence in their lifetime? Any like notable violence?
Speaker 3: I would say ordered.
Speaker 6: It, yes, yes, but not directly perhaps, right.
Speaker 9: That should be a decent hint. What kind of figures order of violence?
Speaker 7: Mob boss? Crime figure like you know?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm still I have a guess, and one of the questions knocked my guess out, but I'm still it lines up. And do you know if it's someone that we've talked about on Ridiculous Crime?
Speaker 6: Is that a question? I looked. I looked, but I'm not sure we can we can count that we can count that as a procedural one.
Speaker 5: Five questions left.
Speaker 6: And also, by the way, already got a half point with mob boss because it's a tough.
Speaker 5: One, oh mos mob Okay.
Speaker 6: Since I can just give away.
Speaker 5: Gave you the birth year of Frank Sinatra, so that was helpful.
Speaker 7: Let's see mob boss women order and had to leave America.
Speaker 5: So are we guessing its Italian Russian combatation, Yeah, Colombian.
Speaker 7: We said they were born in Europe.
Speaker 6: But this is that was just a really cool a sm R moment.
Speaker 3: I've got the tangles.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm thinking, okay, possibly Italian. Yeah, I mean no offense, not to pay with a broad brush.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 7: But then also we have to keep in mind that there were a lot of British and French criminals who would have MOB qualified mob.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, mob might be a little broad.
Speaker 5: Irish British woman.
Speaker 6: Maybe like gang boss gang boss.
Speaker 7: So I could think famous or semi famous gang bosses the nineteenth century who were born in Europe, born in America. Went back, Did this woman have sons?
Speaker 3: Oh? I believe there was some family, Like.
Speaker 7: The son's part of her legend, Like the sons are important to who she was.
Speaker 6: The sons are not part of where you're going.
Speaker 7: For less.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so she committed, she orders a crime, orders crimes done, and then has to flee back to Europe. And we're talking about turn of the century, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Russian, like a white Russian.
Speaker 6: Who knows.
Speaker 7: I mean, it was difficult, so yeah, I think in British is my I'm leaning more British than anything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not to be a wet blanket.
Speaker 9: But I would argue that if you can't think of the person now, you might not know the name off the top of your head.
Speaker 2: Questions.
Speaker 5: I thought it would be Dave.
Speaker 7: You got anyone to we want to pair it down a little bit. We got four questions.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I would say, you know, I don't have good guesses. So it's I'm just like with the parameters, like.
Speaker 5: I, hmm, all right.
Speaker 7: The people the person that she allegedly ordered stuff done too? Were they also famous? Would we know them?
Speaker 6: Uh? They would often be uh some of the uh, some of the better off people in New York.
Speaker 5: Can I take a swing at this?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: Is it? Emma Goldman?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, it is not.
Speaker 5: The only thing that doesn't fit ordering violence? No, she that was her whole thing. She ordered violence. The only thing that doesn't fit is gang. And I thought, well, if you talk about.
Speaker 7: I mean, she didn't she instructed and urged violence. I don't think she ordered. She did not directly to it. She didn't tell like, hey, Steve, come over here, hit that person, were like, go to their door, knock.
Speaker 4: On their door.
Speaker 5: When she them go after the mill people, she specifically had, Okay.
Speaker 7: All right, I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: It's the game within a game, you know what.
Speaker 6: You know what I'd like to do if the group is okay with it, I would like to say, Emma Goldman, is such such an astute, wonderful answer. It is not, in fact this person, but this person is again a very difficult uh bit of a deep cut.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go ahead and give the full point just because this one was so tough. And your guess is I.
Speaker 11: Don't all right, mob but gang gang.
Speaker 7: Also, because I'm a Golden I would say it was associated with political movies. That's why I asked that question. Yeah, I think, like, who do you like union movements that aren't political or like labors?
Speaker 5: There? Everything's political elephants, right, you know, forty elephants were totally a gang, but they're not purely and they weren't never in the US.
Speaker 9: They were never, but.
Speaker 7: That type of mob boss would be something. Yeah, So we got two guesses came to America, probably in New York. They were in New York trying to do violence. So who and who are the New York we got, like Queenie, we've got.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're talking about gangs before the twenty and gangs in those times were pretty much relegated to cultural groups, yes, nationality.
Speaker 9: So we're almost like a Fagin type figure, you know, background in like textiles, ran the shop from like kind of like a you know, ran the business, the illegal business.
Speaker 7: All right, I got was it Sadie the goat Farrell? Sadie Ferre said, the goat Farrell.
Speaker 6: I don't know, no, no, but no, but I'm loving it.
Speaker 10: Question.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Guys, all right, we got we got one last guest? Who wants to take it? Dave? Youre feeling hot?
Speaker 2: I got kiss?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have anything for this one.
Speaker 2: Was it Rose? Was their first name?
Speaker 7: Rose?
Speaker 6: No, but I like that shot from half court.
Speaker 7: We can see this.
Speaker 3: You got it is a pretty good old lady name. Though.
Speaker 6: Half point because this was so tough, and because purely fellow ridiculous listeners at home. A half point purely because of the absolute top notch caliber of questions here The person we were looking for was someone named Marm Mandelbaumb Frederica Marm Mandelbaumb. I know I'm doing trivia voice there, but so Mandelbaum Mandelbaumb. It's very interesting that history has largely forgotten this quite successful criminal she.
Speaker 2: Ran.
Speaker 6: She ran one of New York's biggest fencing operations from like from eighteen sixty two to eighteen sixty four. She was also she had other gangs that she was fighting with, but she was helping coordinate things like the Ocean National Bank robbery. She was also she was born in Germany. We don't know too much about her early life because, surprise, surprise, she was a little bit sketchy. She made it. She made it to the US with her family or with her husband, Wolf Mandelborb, who he's kind of Bolf as sort of a milk toast in this story. But she gets there. She gets to the US in eighteen fifty and she has a dry goods store, so she has a legitimate operation, and as a small business owner, she has the opportunity to turn stuff around. Part of the reason why Poal Noel is saying she's a fake and esque character is because she started a school she institutionalized teaching kids how to be na'er do wells at a pickpocket pick a pocket, So no murder involved with her. She did end up being arrested because she just got out of hand. She just blew up in the big Apple so much that eventually, you know, the New York District attorney was like, hey, we got a higher the Pinkiton's the pinks?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So she gets released on bail after she's arrested with your points Aer and her sons, her son Julius, and then another guy's working for named Herman. Once she gets released on bail, she does exactly what everybody thought she would do. She high tails it out of the United States. She's skidaddles with one million dollars in eighteen eighty four and settles in Hamilton, Ontario. Shout out to your reference about throwing away the shot Dave, where she remains until she passes away ten years later. So I think, as a fan of ridiculous crime, I thought this would be like a great episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, excellent, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 3: Ben would the would the Flex be the pickpocket school?
Speaker 7: What would you?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you? The Flex is the Pickpocket School.
Speaker 7: I love that she started basically an elementary school to teach thieving and street crime. I mean, yeah, she's like Mother Marshmallow, but instead she just like, come under my dress and I will teach you crime and take care of your children. Let's go man man.
Speaker 9: She often referred to as mother, Mandel mom or marmah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you guys haven't ever mentioned her on your shows? Right?
Speaker 6: We had a show called on another show we do called stuff they don't want you to know. We we explored, we explored her life, and we sort of put it under the umbrella of conspiracy. God did conspire to start like oh yeah, crime elementary you know?
Speaker 5: Wow, wowie, wow, wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think this party could use.
Speaker 7: What's that day?
Speaker 2: Some really good ads like oh yeah, I got some in the oven.
Speaker 3: Excellent flex those ads.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, we're back twenty questions. So what's our score now?
Speaker 2: Is I got it?
Speaker 7: Is two to half?
Speaker 5: Two to half? Okay?
Speaker 6: Oh I thought I had a.
Speaker 7: Point because you rocked us beat us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's only one point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they got Frank Sinatra, so that's two points.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the Frank Sinatra is one. If they guessed his flex that would have been another.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so then we did not get their answer, right, so they get one point for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh I have it as like you only get points when you're guessing.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, they got They get points for traditionally twenty questions. If you stump the person, you get a point. So for stumping us, they should get a point. I would say, so it would be two to half according to.
Speaker 5: My And then we got the pity point five.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that he gave us the pinion.
Speaker 6: It was not a pity point five.
Speaker 7: We're trying to find a way to give it back, but we appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I like how. I also like how we're all out nice and each other.
Speaker 4: Ben try to give you all a full point and y'all said, no, we're not thinking any taking point, and then you settle for having on the record right here.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you wanted to profligate with points, sure, absolutely, Like what are my main of points?
Speaker 6: Well, we we're all being nice now, but we may encounter we may encounter quite a plot twist and turn, depending on how Max Noll and I do.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's gonna get ugly. All right, So I've got that, I've got this in my head, and I am ready for questions.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm counting questions here. Uh, let's go with this. Uh does this individual identify as male?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it George Washington? I'm kidding.
Speaker 9: It was just a call back to yes. What Okay? Was this person uh a elected official?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Was this person born in the nineteen hundreds?
Speaker 5: Yes? No, sorry I was seeing nineteenth century? No?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, okay, we know that. Now, okay. Is this person known for scientific breakthroughs?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: It's this person a criminal?
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, okay, I'm going to put yes, but with an audible Are.
Speaker 3: You keeping a spreadsheet? Ben?
Speaker 5: I do want to I do want to just have one captain, please qualify that all of your questions have made one assumption that is dear, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: One assumption that is incorrect.
Speaker 4: This is a person?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I think that would be because looking back through the rules.
Speaker 7: Is that is that is that a question?
Speaker 3: Max? Could the assumption be well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just I'm just telling you.
Speaker 4: Is I think the assumption is that that can they be not a person. They could be historical.
Speaker 6: It could be they specifically put creature into the room.
Speaker 5: And there's another assumption. Think of you came in, you came in with some implicit biases.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, my mind is running wild.
Speaker 9: Is is this uh figure a famous animal spy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Damn it?
Speaker 6: I like, uh, okay, I should have just asked it was an Is this figure a human being? Will burn that one? Just to get a clear Okay, great, there we go.
Speaker 7: So I have you guys had seven questions asked?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, this will be our eighth question.
Speaker 9: So does that mean okay, a criminal though a non human criminal.
Speaker 6: They're like, don't we.
Speaker 4: Have stories that are pasted about like goats and stuff being arrested as like we had an animal personhood episode which unfortunately I was also on vacation one. Yeah, no help on that episode.
Speaker 5: Coincident.
Speaker 4: President just gone on that one. But I remember we had that episode about all the animals that committed crimes?
Speaker 6: Was this individual creature? Was this creature of mammal?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, probably?
Speaker 6: Okay, is this that elephant that got electrocuted?
Speaker 9: I was thinking that jumpo, No, no, no.
Speaker 7: You mean like by Edison, like when you went edge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when he was trying to hype up the Yeah, what a terrible guy that What dude was.
Speaker 3: How can an animal be a criminal?
Speaker 7: Lots of ways.
Speaker 3: An accomplice.
Speaker 7: Perhaps that's one.
Speaker 9: Way trained like the count internal convo, this internal discussion. H're welcome, Just feed us some good intel while you're in here.
Speaker 4: Jesus.
Speaker 7: They walk across the set. Stand there, I'm on the Jenkins family.
Speaker 6: Now there's another implicit assumption that we haven't tackled. There's a second when we didn't get you guys, uh, which is let's see a creatures.
Speaker 3: So we got that aquatic they actually.
Speaker 2: Mamal it was on earth. I'll give you that han.
Speaker 4: Water dwelling.
Speaker 5: Oh is that your question? Yeah, it is not a water dwelling, not a water not a water dweller.
Speaker 9: That's question ted land mammal. So what do we got here? What what kind of land mammals are capable of doing?
Speaker 4: Cron So we have Lomas, I'll pack.
Speaker 6: Up name them all.
Speaker 4: She sure, Yeah, we can ask if it's that, we could ask. And so this is just amongst us. If it's a new world or an old world monkey.
Speaker 6: The term new world's kind of problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I can't.
Speaker 4: Pay, we won't ask that.
Speaker 9: I'm picturing the murderous ape from that Edgar Allan post or murders in the room wort spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: It was an ape.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I just had I've had a dog in my head this entire time.
Speaker 6: But yeah, oh okay, yeah, let's just let's burn a couple. Getting closer to the type of animal. Is it a primate?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, all right, helpful, It's not a Pepperino elephants?
Speaker 7: Did you say Pepperino? Is that a question?
Speaker 3: Popperino a dog?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, it is?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, how many questions?
Speaker 6: We're at twelve thirteen questions?
Speaker 7: That thirteenth coming?
Speaker 9: Wasn't there that dog that was shot into space? Yees, like, that's way different?
Speaker 6: Is way different?
Speaker 4: Well this is eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and technically that's not across the crime was done.
Speaker 5: It was a victag like it.
Speaker 7: Was that was just trespassing in space.
Speaker 4: So it's a dog that did some sort of crime. But we also have an assumption that we were forgetting about that.
Speaker 5: I can't remember an additional assumption that.
Speaker 4: We have not address.
Speaker 7: I got it, I got him done.
Speaker 6: On like a fourteen ah ah, that's all right fine, even though we we established it was the eighteen nine.
Speaker 3: But there's nothing just screaming to my right now, is it?
Speaker 5: Do you want to hint?
Speaker 2: I think we should get me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have mentioned my flexer on your show. Wow, the words have passed your lips.
Speaker 7: So you guys have said this out loud?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 6: Uh? Wait? Internal conversation? Personal? Did we already ask about America?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think did we don't know?
Speaker 4: I'm totally down to pull up our comprehensive metal sheet. Right, we're not doing that? Okay, No, I won't tell you that I'm doing it.
Speaker 9: No, you already game away, Max, don't don't, don't, don't be like it's not funny.
Speaker 7: I'm competitive.
Speaker 4: It so much more fun. When we did not established that, then I feel like we did.
Speaker 3: We should remember. If we don't remember, not useless.
Speaker 6: We did not. The reason we feel like we established Americas because we we had the American quick question on George Washington words.
Speaker 3: Yes, picturing a European dog for some reason?
Speaker 6: Is it a vegetable dog?
Speaker 7: What's vegetable dog? Like a dog?
Speaker 5: Brain like dole traumatic brain injury, like.
Speaker 6: So like the it's a it's a terrible practice where they had to where they made dogs live turning spits to cook meat.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, it's not a vegetable dog.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going to charge you two questions? Oh, I.
Speaker 7: Fourteen questions? You've got six left?
Speaker 2: Do you just walk around with your brain?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: What's your fifteenth guess?
Speaker 3: I am hitting over.
Speaker 4: We had that episode, guys, with that two part episode we did about hero animals.
Speaker 9: But this is a criminal who knows why.
Speaker 7: Can't a criminal? And he would be the same person episodes are hero Robin is a criminal.
Speaker 6: Who is mean what I'm saying, Yeah, same with Cara tops.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for that episode of all I can remember is the Hero cats. So I'm no help here. Oh but I.
Speaker 5: Didn't, I didn't answer that question.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying, Ben, you got anything hand up?
Speaker 6: Was this? Was this?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Was this unfortunate dog o arrested by political authorities?
Speaker 5: Yes? All political? What do you mean define political? Like elected officials or like I.
Speaker 7: Would say they were elected, they were arrested by the authority. Yes, in the traditional sense of what we would assume that means.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I don't know.
Speaker 6: Idea because I was thinking, no, Max, I was thinking, was it ecclesiastical authorities or something like that.
Speaker 7: No, this is not an excommunicated dog.
Speaker 4: No, was this like a Joan of archetype dog?
Speaker 6: You know, heretic dog? You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to say, I'm pretty certain it's one of the animals we talked about in that two part episode.
Speaker 5: Is probably do you want to ask that a question?
Speaker 4: This is internal, internal, completely comfortable.
Speaker 6: We got a chair for you.
Speaker 7: This is sorry, sorry, what am I doing?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: Dave? Going back?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I can't remember all the animals we talked about. I remember our whole second part was just about that cat that lived on the boat.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Give you another head?
Speaker 4: Well no, I'm talking about the whole episode.
Speaker 5: Give you another head.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, okay, that's not the episode.
Speaker 5: To save you some time.
Speaker 6: That is actually very wonderful.
Speaker 5: Thank you, You're very welcome.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got nothing and also with you more questions, more.
Speaker 4: Questions, questions.
Speaker 6: We have five one right, now, go go.
Speaker 4: What is I the producer of Ridiculous History? When we talked about this animal?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Because it would be April twenty twenty one when it became twenty one twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, Max, you were the producer.
Speaker 7: Okay, four questions.
Speaker 4: Okay, it gives us down to three hundred episodes.
Speaker 6: Wow all the time? Barks all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know, guys. I don't want to burn any more questions. I feel like I've.
Speaker 7: Kind of dogs dogs. You guys know dogs. You like dogs that impress you dogs. I like your fear.
Speaker 4: That's a problem. I like every dog.
Speaker 7: Sorry, am I, you're not helping you.
Speaker 4: I like every dog.
Speaker 7: I bet you they moved the table this time?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Because Noel, you already asked about Spike or trade craft?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, never mind, I'm cursing now.
Speaker 3: I'm pounding my fists on my desk.
Speaker 6: Very quistics the.
Speaker 7: He's going to get another part?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 6: Do you want to do you want to call it? I feel like our guesses are good, but.
Speaker 4: Don't guys, what's some hell? Mag I don't feel too bad.
Speaker 5: About being obscure, seeing as how you've said it before.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 9: Would this dog be considered after the actions that took place, some sort of like political symbol that is our question seventeen kind of.
Speaker 5: Not really kind of okay, cultural cultural?
Speaker 4: Did this dog commit crimes against a baby?
Speaker 5: I want that on a shirt and I want to know how a hero criminal? But no.
Speaker 7: Baby?
Speaker 4: Okay, I know there was a dog that did something wrong to a baby.
Speaker 5: Episode No crimes against a human baby?
Speaker 7: Oh wow?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: More?
Speaker 6: Two more? Was this dog the subject of a widespread cultural panic?
Speaker 7: No, I got one. Last one, I'll get I'll give you one.
Speaker 2: Your question, was this dog in the band widespread panic?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Lies?
Speaker 4: Was this?
Speaker 3: Was there a film made about this dog? No, that's a bummer.
Speaker 6: That is what did you do?
Speaker 5: What did you just say that film reaction?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: I said that's a bummer. It feels like this animal clearly deserves it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to tell you the story.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 5: Of Bummer and Lazarus.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Serious? So everyone knows the iconic San Francisco skyline. You know, you got the Trans America building and in that area when we go all the way back to the eighteen sixties, there is a man, Emperor Norton. You guys had an episode about.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, and the show.
Speaker 5: You mentioned his dogs, Bummer and Lazarus. Now is a passing mention Bummer and Lazarus, and Emperor Norton again declared himself Emperor of the US Protector of Mexico. He was always seen in the company of these two dogs, Bummer and Lazarus. He wasn't their owner, though, because these were stray dogs, and they were two of hundreds in the city at the time. And so on a cold day eighteen sixty one, a terrible dog fight broke out on a street in San Francisco. It's vicious big dogs attacking a smaller dog. Big dog takes a bite out of the smaller one's leg. That small one just yells out, yelps out. Another dog comes running in, breaks up the fight, bites the bully dog, drags the injured dog into a doorway and the two of them huddle there. And so the savior dog, that's Bummer. Bummer was called Bummer, who was a big black and white Newfoundland mix. Bummer would go around to all the saloons in the Barbary Coast begging for food, and people would feed them and he'd sit there and eat, and then uh just known all around town. Well, so Bumber still goes around to the saloons, gets food, but takes it to go, takes it out to this dog, this injured dog, and they sleep in this doorway for a few weeks while the bite heels. But everyone's like, this dog's not going to recover, but the dog does, and Lazarus was reborn. And then these two become an absolutely paired duo. They go everywhere together all the time. And this is one hundred and sixty years ago doggy life. So what's their flex. Their flex is that they had a skill that wound up saving their lives. They were so good at ratting that they became in demand pest control in like the filthy streets of San Francisco's. So in one instance, they get called in to control the rats in a hotel. The dogs enter the building. Twenty minutes later, eighty five rats are dead. And because of this, everyone loves them. But there's trouble, there's trouble on the horizon. So stray dogs are totally out of control in San Francisco. There's hundreds and hundreds of them, and so animal control is like taking them in at this exponential rate, and then less than ten percent of the ones they take in or ever claimed. So the Board of Supervisors they pass an ordinance animal Control. You got to go out round up as many as possible any dog without a muzzle or a leash on and if someone claims them, they have to pay five bucks to get them out of pound. If no one claims them, the cops shoot him on site.
Speaker 4: Damn geez rough.
Speaker 5: So immediately people in the area, they're worried about Bummer and Lazarus. You know, they lived on the streets and they liked it that way. They could never be owned, and people were right to be worried, because pretty soon, poor Lazarus he gets caught. Luckily, someone steps in pays the five dollars. But this outraged the people of San Francisco. They petitioned the Board of Supervisors to exempt Bummer and Lazarus from this death order, and so they have a meeting to hear this petition. Bummer and Lazarus go to city Hall and they're gathered in the doorway, just like they did when Lazarus was healing, waiting to hear their fate inside the chambers, and the city fathers they listened. They declared Bummer and Lazarus city property companions. To the city itself. So they're big flexes where we you know, we're not going to be killed. We now are belonged to the entire city, a whole city, because we kill so many rests. And then like a week later, they totally proved their worth because the two of them stopped a runaway horse cart on Busy Clay Street. They one on either side, they run along, Bummer gets out in front, slows the horse, a man jumps on is able to pull the reins back, and there are all these other stories of their companionship and their antics, and then their eventual passing was like city wide morning when each one finally went. But it's a solid cane flex. You kill some rats, you get exempt from the death penalty, and you belong to the city by the bay, and you become legends.
Speaker 6: Well beautiful. I also have to say, just in the interest of fairness, rats are very intelligent creatures and they probably have their own stories.
Speaker 5: But oh, I'm sure, but they're also filthy.
Speaker 6: Yes, that is true. Uh, existence requires us to exist and filter. But do we get a half point for that half court shot and noll through with Bummer?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 4: Jeez, totally half I have to jump in here so I can get a max with the facts in on this episode, there is actually a dry gin titled Bumber and Lazarus with the dogs on it, and one of the dogs even has a rat in the exactly.
Speaker 5: And apparently they were just terribly ugly, but everyone just loved them to death. And so Bummer and Lazarus, those are my dudes.
Speaker 6: Amazing Elizabeth, I amazing like. And also it looks like if I'm keeping score here, if we're if we're playing log, you also get a point for I would suggest that Ridiculous Crime gets a point for stumping us. Yes, and then and then we get a half point.
Speaker 5: Because no, man, you just won't right out.
Speaker 7: Okay, So do you want to compare notes? Ben, I got us at two and a half. You two point five, us one point five. So two and a half one and a half.
Speaker 6: That's where I've got us, as well as Aeron, which I think means we have to continue this in another episode. Let's make a week of it, you know what I mean. I can't wait. I can't wait. You guys, thank you so much for having us over here on Ridiculous Crime.
Speaker 5: Thank you for joining us. Thank you and thank you for having us on Ridiculous Sisters.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the secret. Third thing we found a third.
Speaker 5: Place was amazing. That was something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is all over my face.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was wild.
Speaker 7: I just brushed back by the wind.
Speaker 5: Wait, so where'd they go?
Speaker 7: They left you while you were talking to the interns. They left, they bounced, Yeah, producer Dave and I said goodbye. Oh, you know whatever. But they know your hearts in the right place.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: How many questions was that in total? Like fourteen plus?
Speaker 5: They hit twenty and then twenty.
Speaker 7: Fourteen and twenty so that was yeah, what is that fifty four four? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fourth questions pretty close to the limit. And we had one there, one guest, one sort of guest but really not, and and one we had no freaking clue on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and at half point, I still want to give back Oh yeah, sure, episode, We will give that back to them.
Speaker 2: We might even mail it when they leave it on their door.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so ridiculous takeaways anything.
Speaker 5: You know, what I tried really hard. My ridiculous takeaway thank you for asking, is that I tried really hard not to be like hyper competitive, and I think you failed because you started answering my questions.
Speaker 7: I just get bored in the middle when I start helping whoever I got the ball, I'm score.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the team where you know what you guys, we're a team. We work together. So my ridiculous takeaway is I'm proud of myself for there was no bloodshed, you know, no insults hurled. I didn't cheat, Max me, I did you.
Speaker 7: Leave my man maximum out of this?
Speaker 5: Is Zaron? What's your ridiculous takeaway.
Speaker 7: My ridiculous camp? Did you see that participation anyway? Mine is uh? I liked your your stumping them on, like basically flipping the idea of like what could be the historical figure. I thought that was great. I would have definitely not got that correct, but it also would have driven me insane and I would have protested that's not a person. Why person? So I think also like to give them credit for not being jerk like me. It was like, Elizabeth, why would you get it eight legs? You came up with two creatures eight legs. I'm over here trying to picture a person me.
Speaker 5: You know I would do something like that?
Speaker 7: Was great on your team?
Speaker 5: Producer, Dave, what's your ridiculous takeaway.
Speaker 2: My ridiculous takeaway is I need to come up with a tougher one to really stump them next time, because I thought, you know, I went in with my kid gloves on and uh yeah, and they they did pretty good. They shredded it in like fourteen questions. But next time, you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna come up with something little tougher.
Speaker 5: I think if you hadn't have given them the birth, yeah, the birth. And then I also have to say that yours was the coolest quote unquote flex as they say, of all of them, like, you don't get cooler than that. You got Sinatra, You've got Dirty Harry.
Speaker 7: Got Henry Silva bullet bullet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, come on, yeah, it's all there. Zodiac come on Peak San Francisco. So you know, my ridiculous take.
Speaker 2: It's like and took another number and.
Speaker 5: The ultimate winner is producer Dave.
Speaker 7: I'm with that. I like that call.
Speaker 2: Well on that note. That is all we have for today, and I don't want anything else in there, so I'm going to leave it there. You can find us online at ridiculous crime dot com or by typing Ridiculous History into your favorite or least favorite browser. We're also at Ridiculous Crime and at Ridiculous History on the socials. You can email us at Ridiculous Crime at gmail dot com and type dear Elizabeth or dear Ben Boland, Dear Noel Brown, Dear Max Williams in the in the subject line. Also, you can leave us a talkback on the iHeart app, which we really love love Yes, Oh my god, I do That's it? Get in touch. Ridiculous Crime is hosted by Elizabeth Why Dutton and Aaron what Burnett, along with Ben Who Bowlan and Noel On What Grounds Brown? And Max Do you Feel Me? Williams. Produced and edited by Dave the question Mark Guy Kusten, with an assist by Ben Hackett. Research is by When Versa Brown and how Andrea Song Sharpenedear. The theme song is by Thomas Why do Fools Fall in Love?
Speaker 6: Lee?
Speaker 2: And Travis What kind of fool? Am? I? Duttney host wardrobe is provided by Botany five Hundred. Executive producers are Ben Animal, Vegetable Bolan and Nol Vegetable Mineral Brown.
Speaker 5: Why Say It One More Time? Crime?
Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeartRadio Four more podcasts My heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.