Speaker 1: Man, what's hand him? Man?
Speaker 2: You got Marshaw, Bismall, Lynch.
Speaker 3: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin knew someone and you're listening to politics you.
Speaker 1: Know to be you known to be.
Speaker 4: Well, Gavin, I go, I gotta tell you something was pretty cool. I literally had had goosebumps hearing Marshawn was coming back for the uh the Game Day Picker on ESPN. And I don't know if you know, Gavin has become a really big deal where they go to each school ever before games and it's that they bring like a celebrity guy out and it could be like Peyton Manny could be, you know, Morgan Wallen could be, Kenny.
Speaker 1: Chesney should kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Marshawn got named the picker on Thursday. Okay, so I'm getting kind of goosebumps thinking about it because obviously eighteen years ago he left cal and now this guy comes in, of course on the wheels up little fly, little little PJ gets picked up, goes the set and it's a rock star at cow place, goes nuts and Marshawn that had to be a cool feeling, correct.
Speaker 1: Oh dug yes, it was, it.
Speaker 5: Must have been. It was so overwhelming your emotional man.
Speaker 1: It is pressure home.
Speaker 4: I got emotional, bro. I'm like, fuck, dude, Marshawn's back at Cow. The place is going bonkers. I mean, I mean places going crazy. And Marshawn's rolling in on the whip on the same cart.
Speaker 5: They pay you for that, You get paid for that.
Speaker 2: Nah, Yeah, I might need to bring you on the team. Yeah, because you're thinking like I'm thinking ship.
Speaker 6: But Marshaun, how was how was the day? How was the day?
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole process was was crazy as fuck.
Speaker 2: Cause you go from being on set film, yeah, I mean this movie, and then you wrap up at like fucking three four am in the morning, and then you go get on the flight at five in the morning, you land, and then you go right to set. Like I don't think I slept yet, you know what I mean. I don't think I slept, but you know, I mean just the atmosphere of being back up there, like, I mean, should I be at home on the parents? So it ain't like it was nothing new, but to see all them people in like uh. One of the things that Pat was telling me was like they didn't think nobody was gonna show up.
Speaker 5: You know, you're not a Cal fan. Is that it? It wasn't.
Speaker 2: No, they just didn't think that Cal would have a turnout. And my thing was ship y'all lucky the motherfuckers didn't show up and still all y'all got damn set come to BIB City. Yeah, I mean, we're gonna have to show y'all. Was really but I think they broke into the set the night before, like, yeah, we in this motherfucker. I said, yeah, that's that sounds about right. But being out there that ship was they really they really broke them to the set though.
Speaker 4: So Shawn, anyways, you get you get there and there's kill lined up since one in the morning the night before, correct.
Speaker 6: Places a nuts midnight.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: And then you come out and the place goes crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I ain't gonna lie. I wish, I wish I could take care of it for that, but man, Pat McAfee, had they ass turned up on a whole nother level. I just rode his way at that point in time, like yeah, fat but yeah he was going crazy. He really got him doing though, But they was already like on ten by the time I got there, So it was I mean, it was easy.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean, first of all, I'm glad that he learned a little lesson about Cal football and the energy out out west, but also, uh Cals they're punching above their weight a little bit. Forget the last game, but I mean, these guys playing pretty well.
Speaker 6: Fin you love this.
Speaker 4: All those guys on the ESPN they kind of rip on Berkeley and Oakland a little bit, and then at the end of the showy they said, look, I got to be honest, you we fucking love Berkeley.
Speaker 6: This place is epic and how could you're not.
Speaker 4: You're sitting there, you got, you know, tit wat Hill up there, Hippie.
Speaker 6: Hill, Oh you got you know, you got all the views of the of the hills and whatnot.
Speaker 5: And it was like.
Speaker 3: Eighty five degrees as well in October. Welcome to California.
Speaker 6: Incredible setting, and so they be.
Speaker 4: They all became they've never been there before thirty one years Gavin, and they fell in love with Berkeley or berserkly and what a cool, cool atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had college game Day.
Speaker 2: It was the first time they they ever had it there, So that was a blessing too. But fuck, I'm like, damn y'all, y'all will wait until I'm like, hella old to bring college game. They yet damn you feel me like all year will come on to the show, young lady, like you know there was only one one guess that we wanted in Blase, That's why we made it work. But I'm like, yeah, y'all waited fucking twenty years too late. Like no, but you're on the show, like yeah, but I want to be playing.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you saw Gavin, but Nick Saban said, hey, Marshaun, if I was your coach to hand you to the ball, he say that, yes he does.
Speaker 1: So Jesus gaming.
Speaker 5: Well that's what that one that was. That's a shot for coach.
Speaker 3: Carrol, not for any for anyone else. By the way, hey Marshawn, you want a shot in the arm. You want me to give you your numbers?
Speaker 5: You want? You want? You want, I've got, I've got the numbers.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm talking about. Are you prepared?
Speaker 1: You need a drink?
Speaker 5: Something else? Can you handle this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You should have seen it.
Speaker 2: Some kids out there with more seanch for president, so I might have to come and run against.
Speaker 1: This guy.
Speaker 5: Is already running for president. I'm talking about local politics.
Speaker 4: This guy's ambition, so that the mayor of Oakland is going to be currently up for recalling about twenty two days, right, Alvin, is it twenty three?
Speaker 6: Twenty four days?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, on an election day November fifth, November fifth, Sorry, I apologize little us.
Speaker 1: And there was a little shit, a.
Speaker 4: Little poll that came out that had, hey, who would you like to see as the next mayor of Oakland?
Speaker 6: And it had like.
Speaker 4: Three or four I think, like well known or you know, assembly people, supervisors, you name it, politician types. And of course the fourth person was our partner in crime, mar Sean.
Speaker 6: Be Smode Lynch. So, Galvin, do we have the preliminary info here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's even more complicated than that, Doug.
Speaker 3: There's there was, there was, There's been extensive polling, there's been focus groups, there's been analysis, favorable ratings, unfavorable ratings. What are the key issues that will drive, uh, you know, the fate and future of Oakland and what are the people public, what are they looking for in a leader?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: And there's saying that type of making this public.
Speaker 3: Brother, I'm just you're just sharing I think everybody, you should be presparent.
Speaker 5: We all want to know, don't We want to know.
Speaker 1: The number away like that.
Speaker 5: Oh you're a little nervous.
Speaker 3: You don't like you're concerned about the unfavorability, concerned about this.
Speaker 5: See, now you're welcome to my world, Mark Shawn.
Speaker 1: This is all it's about being unfavorite.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, if I would have did what I would have did, it would have been a little different.
Speaker 1: But I listened.
Speaker 2: I listened to my counsel and ship, and I've just been sitting back cooling.
Speaker 1: You feel me? After that ship at college game day, I look at it like that. I know that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I considering they from Berkeley, but you know, probably half of them people probably living in Oakland that was at that thing.
Speaker 3: So now you're so you're a game day And that you said is that you don't want to be mayor anymore.
Speaker 5: You want to be president.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta go be president now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is like just skip it, you know, I mean, you just you're better than just they said it.
Speaker 1: Was levels to this ship. You feel me?
Speaker 2: Look they said, they said, Marshawan, it's a it's a it's an epic. Uh uh failed going on right now.
Speaker 1: We need you. We need you to I'm stepping in.
Speaker 2: I'nna be like, who is that Bernie Mack and uh Bernie Mack and Chris Rock?
Speaker 1: What's that in real life?
Speaker 5: This time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you remember when Bernie Mack was walking through and he was slapping the ship out of everybody. That's how I would have been coming through that. I think, slapping out of everybody. Get your ship together.
Speaker 5: This is the campaign. Huh, this is it, This is the kickoff. I'm not I'm not getting out of respect. Respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know Marshawn can't handle it, So I'm not going to give the real numbers.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be respectful.
Speaker 3: Because I appreciate that I wrung this on you, and I'm privy to.
Speaker 5: Information that has not yet come public. That's an actual fact.
Speaker 3: By the way, these are actually internal numbers, and I'm getting the comprehensive email.
Speaker 5: But I got a text message this top line. But I do think are you ready for this? Are you ready? Here's the challenge for you? Here's the challenge I'm going to start here.
Speaker 3: The challenge is people want someone that are intimately familiar with how government works and operates.
Speaker 5: The deep and quote unquote deep.
Speaker 3: And broad experience in citygun which surprises me candidly.
Speaker 5: I thought people would be looking for an outsider.
Speaker 3: Someone because we've had a lot of insiders, and that's what they're frustrated with. That said, your favorability, which this matters, you're just top line favorability is a lot of undecided, a lot of I'm sorry. There are some people just you know, they don't pay attention to you know, culture popular, you know, they don't know who.
Speaker 5: The hell you are.
Speaker 3: But forty three percent of people have a favorable opinion seven percent unfavorable. That's off the charts. Brother, that's pretty good, mark the charts. Seven percent unfavorable. It never has happened in my life. Wow, seventy percent, so forty seven and it But check this out when then they read your bio. See this is how politics works.
Speaker 5: They test your bio. They talk about that. They didn't even get into issues. This is just bio.
Speaker 3: Uh. You get up to sixty one percent favorability, Your unfavorability climbs a little bit, twenty three percent still off the chart. And that's just that's just bs bio stuff. That's not even you. That's just like some composite.
Speaker 1: I will say, who create this bio?
Speaker 5: Uh, they just do it.
Speaker 3: It probably googled you nothing, or google Marshawn Lynch Wikipedia.
Speaker 5: And they just read. They basically read top my stuff. But it's not even about issues.
Speaker 3: Here says easily the best ratio of anyone they tested on the positive and unfavorable s up, just saying I know you're running for president now, but if you decide to run for mayor, it's a hell of a place to start, mister r Yes, candidate Lynch, mister Lynch, now you're.
Speaker 2: Honorable miss mayor mode.
Speaker 4: Hey, Govin, this is this is real. I mean, this is real, Marshaan, here's the deal. Those numbers are off the chartst So Govin, what are your numbers right now?
Speaker 6: Govin? You're pretty We don't talk.
Speaker 5: About my numbers, about my age or my numbers.
Speaker 3: You don't talk about it. I got to sleep at night. You were talking about sleep, and I need to sleep at night.
Speaker 4: So Gavin, let's put together our our subcommittee, okay, and another subcommittee in terms of best mode for mayor campaign, and let's have a media and let's get things rolling.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: We don't want to jump the gun just yet from what I was told.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're what because you're you're looking at your now analyzing the presidential you're running for governor in two years or what do you mean you just you just looking at your options?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I got I got a good internal team, you know. I want to make sure I take this offline with my internal team and make sure this is something that we really want to do. I know this guy that could could give me up to you know, some codes and ship that he might be able to tell me that might be able to help me with this situation.
Speaker 4: But Gavin, here's the deal. Marshawn is one of the people. He truly is the people of Oakland. He knows that the north and the West and east and South Oakland better than anybody North. Well, there technically is south Sworda, But yeah, there's the north and the wests Alamia or Gavin's favorite spot, Hagenberger. That's sort of south, isn't We got Hegenberger problems.
Speaker 1: Many you stay your ass off of Hegenberger.
Speaker 5: I'm on Hagenberg all the time. I told you, I'm dealing with dealing with the crime there.
Speaker 3: But look, Marshawn here's the bottom line, doug The bottom line, Marshawn. The bottom line is your favorable unfavorables put you in a position against anyone else they pulled in the field, which is some of the biggest names in California politics from the from East Bay, meaning some well known I won't even mention the people that put you up against, but folks would.
Speaker 5: People would know.
Speaker 3: Even nationally, some former congressional folks and some folks that are household names, particularly.
Speaker 5: Are in northern California.
Speaker 3: And you have higher favorable, lower unfavorable, and your bio alone, uh, increases the favorability, and the unfavorability doesn't move that much a little bit. But uh, they don't even know where your positions are on issues. You have the opportunity, that's my point. You have the clean slate. You come in talk about you know, you know a crime agenda, you could talk about.
Speaker 5: I don't know, health. I don't know what the hell your agenda is, be protected, connected, respected, be small. I don't know you, doug.
Speaker 1: Us, Could you do that again? You couldn't say that again, could connected? I'll see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I remember when my first election it says he gets it he gets it done.
Speaker 5: He gets it. I always like that. He gets it, he gets it done. Some people get it. They never get anything.
Speaker 3: Done, and then you know care not ash. There was another a lot. You gotta have a brand, I mean the B smoke brand. You gotta There's some alliteration there, so there's some opportunity anyway, good numbers. Uh, you're gonna know it in less than a month. If the mayor's recalled. I'm not pro recalls generally, so having been on the receiving end of them.
Speaker 5: So that's not my space.
Speaker 6: She's as good here to judge.
Speaker 1: That you didn't didn't you didn't been in that situation a few times.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to judge. But that's up to people open.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you put some ship out like this, they're gonna for show. Try it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what it could be said. But you you keep on talking ship like that and you put this out, the people are opened AND's gonna speak.
Speaker 4: When we want to cut her first commercials, we cut her first commercial.
Speaker 1: Next week, commercials and damn.
Speaker 4: We'll get we'll get like a grassroots campaign going, but we're gonna go hardcore commercials.
Speaker 5: Commercials that ESPN would be a good commercial. That's how I'd start, just with that energy. When Marshaun comes in, Doug just so and this is this is the people speaking.
Speaker 3: All that energy, vibrancy. That's different, that's that's the kind of that's how you want to launch it.
Speaker 4: We can show the plane coming down onto the golf court and says the prodigal Sun comes to save and.
Speaker 5: He's handing things out. He's giving giving back all those skittles.
Speaker 6: See, he's already the day.
Speaker 5: He's not asking for anything, he's offering something.
Speaker 2: So why y'all, why y'all got to make this a joke while y'all can't be serious, No, y'all can't be really giving meios serious.
Speaker 5: I'm giving you the polling data.
Speaker 1: Stop sting people. Stop showing proof for that.
Speaker 2: Just literally true, you know what I mean. Stop showing proof of that. We got to keep that ship under wraps.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Look it's a beef. Come fucking with you, dad. You got people running up on me and ship ready to knock my head off the ship.
Speaker 3: But I'm walking to politics. You want to see your unfavorabilities go up, Stay.
Speaker 1: Out of the difference.
Speaker 2: Is you know sometimes like I react to this ship because I like, I don't see myself as I never put myself in that position like oh, you're a celebrity or you famous or whatever the fuck that shit is. I've never viewed myself as that type of individual. So when you had these people that come and just come up to you and they put their hands on you, I react like a civilian.
Speaker 1: Are you doing? I don't even why am I laughing at that?
Speaker 5: I don't I shouldn't laugh at that. I mean, that's God.
Speaker 1: I've been telling you that.
Speaker 6: People didn't touch more Sean.
Speaker 5: They like to touch them.
Speaker 6: It's weird.
Speaker 4: No one touches you guys. Do they didn't touch more Shan's weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, So you know, but real talk though, like that ship is big though, Like I mean, you know, just talking to I was talking a headache, telling them that it might be a possibility, because you know, that's one of the I mean still to this day, that's still you know, I mean, the smartest person I know, and I'm like, man, how you gotta do it? He like, well, shit, just why look how Gavin had he like, because everything that you would probably.
Speaker 1: Want to do, Gavin is doing it. I'm like, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: He's like, motherfucker, he run a fucking podcast with you, and he running the fucking state O here.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, everything that I would need to be successful in this opportunity is right here in front of me. So if I fail, then I'm gonna just blame it on Gavin, like blame everything else.
Speaker 5: Thank you, motherfucker. That's exactly right. Everything else.
Speaker 1: It ain't no pressure, no pressure,