Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Waken Jake. The night before football and all through the house. It's Wednesday, September fourth, Summer is over, Labor Day has happened. There's real football games that count Tomorrow night and Friday in Brasil football season. You guys know, I like to preview the weekend for you. I'm also going to open with kind of I don't want to say a Yankee rant because that sounds kind of clicky, But I also want you guys to reach out on comment kind of about your front office and some of the decisions that have been made or haven't been made that it frustrated you about your team, because again, being locked into the Yankees every day for the past seven years, there's things that frustrate you and call up this guy, don't call up that guy, make that happen. That you guys know on your team better than me. I know a couple from around the league that I want to use as examples. But and then that will lead into this football weekend and I'll give you, guys just some of my thoughts on teams or players that I've bought into going into this season, or something I'm about or I'm not about So with that, let me start off by saying, we were live on the YES Network all stream Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. We are friendly with them because of where we have ended up as a company, and we've partnered with them and it's been pretty cool. They put our best of Talking Yanks show on there. A lot of good people, a lot of passionate Yankee fans. A couple times we we've felt, you know, a couple tweets or different things that they weren't the biggest fans of because we're not YES Network, we're John Boy Media that on the live stream last night, Clay Holmes gives up a walk off Grand Slam is eleventh blown save of the year. Uh and Jimmy, Jimmy, let it eat a little bit. I mean again, nothing over the top and nothing wrong to be frank, and we tweeted out all that and we didn't we again to be fair to Yes, like they didn't come at us for this, but it's just they've said nothing there. I think a lot of the YES people have similar thoughts. They just don't really have a platform to put it out on.
Speaker 2: This's is not what you would hear on like the broadcast, but's also the point of thet out outcasts.
Speaker 1: Outcasts exist, so and you know we're sitting there, the Yankees just gave up first place to the Baltimore Orioles. But again, think of the first world problem that is. But it's just highlighted for us. You know, we've we've had our questions about the front office or different philosophies on the way. And you do have to check yourself sometimes because it's being a fan and you can't just cut every player after a bad series. That's not how the world works. I get that. And baseball is unique in its own way. Like you know, we see it every year. Guys have awful one month or two months and then go nuts. Look at Ajohenio Suarez. I mean the Arizona Diamonbacks were very ready to move on from him if they needed to, if he didn't kick in in the next couple weeks or whatever. And then he did and he's been like a one dot ops guy for them. And that's kind of where the Yankees are at with Glabor Torres. Glabor Torres, who the Yankees had rumored to trade a year and a half ago, year ago of Pablo Lopez, it fell through. Looking back, that would have been probably a great trade for the Yankees. Glabor Tor has hit really well last year, is the most consistent on the team hitter on the team not named Aaron Judge eight hundred ops like numbers vary in line with his career numbers for second baseman. It's a good ask final year of his contracts. The defense has never been there, which I was having a laugh about that. He struggled with defense at second base when the Yankees thought for a while he would be a shortstop, which that's like a scouting error. Anyways, Glaboratories has kicked in the gear. They put him in the leadoff spot in front of Soa and Judge. He has been great lately and it's a it's a great example of like how the baseball gods can work and sticking with players. And again, I would love to know your team's examples of this and we can cross check them and compare uh. On the other side, Alex Verdugo, the left left fielder for them one year, one year Yankee traded from the Red Sox. The Yankees and Red Sox don't do a lot of business. Alex Verdugo is traded for Greg Weisser, a triple A reliever for them, who's been solid for the Red Sox this year. Happy for Greg. More built for the Red Sox. Looks like a Red Sox nice mustache. Times have gotten to check it out. It looks right fits the vibe. Man. But think about that, the Yankees and the Red Sox traded a star, daring left fielder, a piece that they originally traded for for Mookie Betts. The Red Sox were ready to let whatever happened with Alex Verdugo happen with the Yankees. He came up and he started pretty solid for the Yanks. He actually took over the cleanup spot for a little bit, was playing great defense in left field. Sure, and then Yankee fans, you were looking at the numbers and you're like, I think there's more in there. Looking at his baseball card, you think there's a little more in there. It's gone the opposite direction. We got numbers from Katie Sharps. We do sharp stats every week, you know, basically saying he's been the worst left fielder in the league. World Series teams don't have players putting up the stats he has in the last ten days he's contributed a little better, but it's brought up some questions. With Jason de Mingez their top prospect in the minor leagues, they've seen Austin Wells take off this year. Anthony Volpi's been with the big league club for two years now, enrolling that the thought of having Jason Dimingez on the team and Alex Verdugo, and the thought of them even platooning Hey every two days. Alex Verdugo has always been bad verse lefties. Hey, we've got a We've got a lefty and ariety. Today we're gonna give Diminga's two games, see what he's got, and then we'll give Dugo two or three games, see what he's got. The thought of competition freaks them out, and it doesn't feel right. I get that it's baseball, uh, and that you need to let the season run a little bit, but it's not May, it's not June, it's not July, it's not August. And for whatever reason this front off is is either scared of the media or they're so into player confidence and belief that they get themselves in trouble, which leads to the Clay Home situation. Clay Holmes Blues eleventh save. He's a guy that they got in a trade as kind of a reliever project. They didn't give up really anything prospect capital, and they tapped into them. And it's a credit to Matt Blake and it's something the Yankees one thousand percent can pound their chest and say they're good at. They have tapped into a lot of guys in the bullpen and they've pushed the envelope on it this year, and that's part of the give and shove of baseball. Like the Yankees traded for Wan Soda, they got Won Soto. They had to give up a lot of pieces for that, but credit to them on doing that. They had to give up those pieces for mon So too. They're paying him for this year. Hopefully they're paying him for a lot more years. But in that it seems they pushed their relief to the extreme that Clay Holmes was kind of the only lock coming into the year Tommy Kinley, but he got hurt before the season. That it really has been I do hate to say ragtag bunch about a bunch of major league relievers that have pitched well this year. But it's a lot of projects.
Speaker 2: But literally several of them. The Yankees acquired them off waivers. Michael Tonkin, who Yankees just waived themselves. They got him off way on the team all year, with Jake Cousins off waivers. Tim Hillton the weaver off weavers last season, right, he changed some things, and that's a that seems to be another w for them.
Speaker 1: So again it's it's the strength of their organization and they've leaned into that a lot. But now you are in a window where you've paid Aaron Judge a ton of money, You've paid Garrett Cole a ton of money. You traded for Juan Soto. Their bullpen looked and felt vulnerable, and just to be honest, and I know the world doesn't work this way anymore. Clay Holmes on the closer vibe train, so three out of ten. He's a massive human, So that gives them some points. When you see that coming out of the bullpen, you're like, Okay, not a swagster. His best pitch is a fastball, like a sinker, a contact sinker. His slider has developed and become a better pitch for them, But I think now that he's been seen around the league, he doesn't hold runners he doesn't have good control. There's just not enough weapons in there to be a lockdown, consistent closer, especially when you're infield defense this week, which got highlighted on the main stage yesterday, including a play by DJ Lemayhew thirty six years old playing first base and has been one of, if not the worst player in baseball this year. Meanwhile, if you look at other teams, the Los Angeles Dodgers, they let Amedrozario Go who they traded for was hitting three hundred on the season, is super versatile, but they grabbed him his insurance for the rest of their team, and they had other teams and trades come through. Tommy Edmond is now back in playing for them. Their whole bench is veteran Leyden with guys that at least have oskill or guys that have given them like huge playoff moments, Chris Taylor, Kei ke Kevin Kiermyer like he has his skill. The Houston Astros earlier this season released Jose Abraw with thirty million left to pay twenty mil this year, maybe fifteen mil next year, something like that.
Speaker 2: In the neighborhood whatever, whatever the exact number is.
Speaker 1: Former MVP Jose Brew. They when that contract came out, everyone thought it was a year too long. They made the move former MVP, well respected guy.
Speaker 2: Fal number on him, but he had left thirty point eight million.
Speaker 1: He also like had a bad year last year, but kicked in in the postseason, so you know that's a tricky game. But he's an older player. An exercise I did the other day and now I'm starting to wander just a little bit before I get to football season. DJ Lemayhew's thirty six. I'm starting to deal with father time, even though I still look I got some early twenties. Often, oh how old? Let me guess how old you are? Why does that happen to me? Either way, the fact people are doing that to me means they know I'm older than I look like. The fact that someone else would bring that up to me in a conversation means the math is off anyways.
Speaker 2: Because that's even come up, you have to kind of not know the person that well.
Speaker 1: So if you go to Baseball Reference, you can pick when a list of player's birthday, you can list players that are born a certain year. E. J. Lemayhew was born in nineteen eighty eight. You're really close to mine nineteen eighty nine. These are the players that played this season that were born in nineteen eighty eight. I'll skip the pitchers for you. Kurt Casally uh picked up off the streets from the Giants because they needed a catcher. I believe he is. He's point two war, but that's all defensive, uh, my guy. Kurt Casally has a four eighty six ops a forty four ops plus. Okay.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Adam Duvall, who's put together a couple good seasons recently, he has a negative one point three war this year a fifty seven ops plus. Okay, now looking good? Yes? MONI grandal you titsman or a yas man? He has a negative war. He has an eighty one ops plus a six fifty six fifty six okay?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Dj Lem Mayhew negative one point six war, a fifty ops plus a five twenty seven ops. No, why no? Uh, Tommy Fam obviously Tommy Fam is on this list. Tommy Fam does have a negative war this year, zero point three with a ninety six ops plus. Tommy Fam is still fight in the fight verse, lefties, my guy. The only offensive player that bucks the eighty eight trend at all is Starling Marte, who has been hurt for a chunk of this season, is one of the most in shape baseball players I think we've ever had, and Starling Marte has a one zero four ohps plus, so I want to say he's exactly taking down the world is zero point five war. So I think if you added up the war from the baseball players born in nineteen eighty eight position players, it would be negative. The Yankees have continued to roll DJ Lemayhew out there. It's almost become route to DJ Lemayhew. It feels like he's a shell of himself. I know he's a two time batting title. I know he was a light in a couple of those Yankee years where he was just as electric as a player like DJ Lemayhew could be. It was awesome to watch. It forced the hand of the Yankees to re sign him that they did, and they extended it to a longer come tracked because they were worried about how he would age and they would hope it would turn into a bench roll eventually where he would be a backup first baseman, third baseman, maybe second base. It just hasn't happened. And having him in the field late in the game. He misses not even a routine ball, less than routine like a chopper, basically a game of catch.
Speaker 2: Like an easy play.
Speaker 1: The office makes that play. Joseph Solano makes that play. There might have been some lights involved. I get it, you're not supposed to do that, But when you put it with the offensive stats, you put it with the fact he was never really a first baseman, and you have your a guy that could potentially be the fourth best player on your team in your minor leagues, but you don't know because you haven't played them, because you have another veteran for one year that you're not committed to that the Red Sox traded you. The Red Sox willingly traded you because this guy's had his stuff going on and you're not willing to get your top prospect in the mix. When you're in an al's pennant race with the Baltimore Orioles, they could put you in a three game wildcard or not. Unserious has been a word thrown around a lot. I mentioned some of the moves that the Dodgers and Houston have done. The Baltimore Orioles have sent down Jackson Holliday when he came up and he didn't contribute the Yankees. When Volti came up, they gave him a full extended leash. Yet other prospects, Jason Dimingez, they can't get anything Clay Holmes. They tried to convince themselves he was the best closer in the league. For for what I think it was a month or like three weeks. Every time a player did an interview, they went out of their way to say that Clay Holmes is the best closer in baseball.
Speaker 2: There's clearly like an organizational line.
Speaker 1: Like a memo went out, and that's kind of how they do it. By the way, go check out what Emmanuel class A is doing this year. So if you really want to get into that kind of argument. Anyways, they basically tried to will the fact that Clay Holmes is a good closer into existence. And he started off the season great, and Clay has some it's nasty. I used to call him robot horse because he has the legs of a horse and he was throwing strikes. That was his big problem in Pittsburgh and guys couldn't find it. Guys have started to find it. They've seen Clay Holmes. It's a sinker slider, and I think with the stuff around the league these days, and with having seeing a pitcher multiple times, it's just not as good as it needs to be to hold on to that closer spot. He also gives up a lot of weak contact with a bad defensive infield. He cannot field because he's built like a robot horse. That the Yankees were in denial about his struggles because it was a lot of weak contact and oh it's a hit, it's it's an infield single, it's a walk, and then there comes the big hit. Karon Boone, It's a line he kept using, and it didn't make me mad until it made me mad that Clay Holmes last year he had some serious control problems, Like you would watch his first two pitches and you'd go, oh my god.
Speaker 2: He would have days that you would like, know, we.
Speaker 1: Could he doesn't have the zone today. He couldn't find the zone. He'd start getting the bullpen up instantly and that's whatever. So Boone and his press conferences would say like, you know, Claysman, he hasn't had any of the wild the control issues this year. And I was like, okay, you know you're right, Boone and then when you take a step back and you realize what he's doing now, because after an incredible start to the season, which I want to get my stats right here, he opened up the season on a scoreless streak his first twenty appear apearances. We're scoreless. That's good, incredible, incredible until May nineteenth he was scoreless. Uh since then? And does may matter in your team season right now? No, it's over. It's September. A whole summer has happened. In thirty five innings, he has a five to one four EERRA with like a two seventy nine batting average against a three forty eight obps seven sixty two oh ps. If I bring those numbers in a little more, they get worse as the season goes. So when my guy, Aaron Boone, who we talked to once a week, says, yeah, but Clay's not dealing with the control issues, okay, then that means he's just getting beat at regular baseball. What you thought was his flaw isn't happening, and now he's getting beat at baseball. So by trying to blindly con vince themselves that he was a lockdown, elite closer, they now have not given anyone else a try it closing this year, which maybe it wasn't the right move. Maybe Luke Weaver's not ready for it. Maybe Jake Cousins is not ready for it. I don't fully believe the Yankees wanted to get someone more impactful. At the deadline, we saw the Padres add two significant arms. Aj Puck Again, I don't know if that's Yankees guy, but for how good he's been for the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Yo, could you could have gotten someone.
Speaker 1: Instead of a guy like Piaza is a big was a big prospect for them. He's now kind of down and out on it on their prospect pipeline. We'll see if he gets in the mix next year. But I would have loved to find out him playing more baseball in the last couple of years that between Vulpi and Glaber, there would have been different moments. You could have played that guy more and you could have known what you had and maybe he's an option come the postseason. Maybe he's not, and that's okay because his value. Know that his value at Triple A is doing nothing. They close off doors to themselves and it gets them in more trouble than they think it's helping by saying, bolp, he's locked in at shortstop every day. Well, he's really struggling. Get him some help, all right, Clay Holmes is our closer. He's struggling, Get him some help. They try other options with Clay.
Speaker 2: They've in previous years that he's been the Yankees closer. They've put him in timeouts for two weeks like they've they've done it with him before at the deadline. Look, obviously we don't you don't know exactly how any conversations went and what moves were closed and just didn't work out for X y Z. But Cashman said closer wasn't at the top of his you know, priority list whatever exactly he said. And they but but even in the world that they've drawn up, and I'm and I like Clay. I think he's a good reliever that is capable of closing some games. But even in that world that they've drawn up that he's the best in the world, Even if that's true, why didn't they go about the deadline prepare for like, okay, well what if he gets hurt? Like they since April we've been saying we'd love a reliever that can like day one, you feel good about eighth inning or later like just they needed depth back there, just just anyway every team does.
Speaker 1: Hey, half of you are listening and your team's out of the playoff mix and you can't believe this again, I would love to know what your teams are going through. As we're in September. This is the final run. Orioles also demoted Craig Kimbrel, a historic closer, from the closer role this year. And there is no problem because it's baseball and that's how it works. They've gone too far away from competition and it feels weird. The other thing, I'll say Jazz Chisholm, who has been awesome for the New York Yankees. One dotting the Common conversation yesterday. He's the most athletic Yankee since Blank. We said Brett Gardner. He has a conversation. A young Brett Gardner could fly around the bases. You know when I say athletic, especially when it comes to baseball, like arm strength I think becomes involved in it a little bit. And just like how you move, like how fluid are you around the bases? How well can you feel different positions? I think peak Jazz would take on peak Gardy, depending how you do your baseball athleticism. The name John throwed out and I would love to get any other names along the way is Alfonso Soriano, which we're going back twenty years now, so I realize, you know, baseball kind of gets laughed at for its athleticism. Sometimes the Yankees sign free agents, which that brings you into the later part of your career, which makes you less athletic. But it could be something else that Yankee fans look back at and they're like, wait, why didn't we have more athleticism on the field. Labor Torres has been a plot middle infielder that's normally pretty athletic.
Speaker 2: And as you were talking the Jazz Chisholm like kind of brand of athletic, Like, of course, like Aaron Judge is an athlete and all that right before that.
Speaker 1: Every baseball players obvious being athletic is different. It's like it's power, it's it's lateral movement, it's how you run, it's it's jumping, it's everything throwing, just.
Speaker 2: Making things happen, which Jazz does every.
Speaker 1: Day and he sure has. So again a little bit of a Yankee rant I'm sorry. Some of you hate that, some of you love that. Let me know where your team is at. Especially, I'd love to hear from some of the other contenders of things that are making you mad. Maybe a Dodgers fan is about to chime in in the comments and be like, I hate all the veterans on the bench. Give kids a shot. I don't know. Let me in, Let me in. I would love to find out. And the bigger thing is we're about to find out about football season. We have the first game of the night Thursday, Baltimore versus Kansas City. They're running it back in Kansas City at Arrowheads Stadium, NBC and Peacock Man Kansas City Chiefs. They're going for a three pet It hasn't been done in the NFL. A lot of people are buying in because of Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid and Kelsey and a defense that's underrated every year and wide receivers that are better. The fun line of the offseason with the Chiefs, they're better than last year. I mean, I kind of believe. I think if I had to put Betton money on it with the DraftKings sportsbook, it's hard for me to go against Kansas City Chiefs Baltimore. What's gonna be really fun this year is Derrick Henry. I mean you probably know from your fantasy football, but Derrick Henry is out of Tennessee. He's with Lamar Jackson. Say Flowers should take off to another level this year and be the best wide receiver Lamar has had. Mark Andrews has had some health stuff, but Isaiah likely has filled in really well. There they are set up to be as dynamic as Baltimore has ever been or just impossible to defend in what a way it would be to make a statement kind of like the Lions did last year, and do the Ravens really need to make a statement statement? Like the Ravens are one of the best teams in football. I forget who I was here and talk about it, but they were talking about, you know, the Chiefs are the standard right now. It's Patrick Mahomes, Andy Reid and just that whole organization. And they were talking about, like if you're ranking teams, it's basically there's a group of teams that you need Mahomes to have his B game and like we could win, and then there's a group of teams that just look at it like, no, we can't. We can't keep up with this. The Ravens are obviously one of those teams. And I'll probably wrap up with some division stuff because I want to walk us through the weekend of football again. That's always one of my favorite things to do. Friday, September sixth Where else would the NFL be but sal Paulo Brazil see you down there where the Eagles are hosting the Green Bay Packers. I mean Philly, who's been one of the highlight teams of the past two years, and the Green Bay Packers, who seem to be all the way back on the map. Jordan Love with half a season from the Gods, he has been one of the hottest debate topics of this offseason. Is he for real? I guess if everyone was coming in at an eight on Jordan Love right now, like an eight out of ten, like they kind of believe he's that next tier one of the guys, I'm gonna sell a little bit. I need to see more. Like Lafleur is a good coach. It seems like they did it right with Jordan Love. It seems like they believe in one of those wide receiver offenses where everyone in the fantasy draft is debating who's going to be their guy, feels like Watson. I don't know. I think every QB takes a little bit of a step back, or we're about to be entering an new, like glory quarterback generation with some of these young quarterbacks. Because I know we're not talking Texans right now, but man, everything on paper tells you that they'd be incredible, Like they added Stefan Diggs, how good Stroud was last year, Like there's no way he can take a step back, right. I feel like defenses find tendencies and they can adjust better than quarterbacks, and that's why we end up with Trevor Lawrences and Justin Herbert's that those guys were supposed to be the next generation, right, and now people are kind of selling their stock. So I think I'm a little lower on Jordan Love than probably the consensuses. I'm not saying, like, sell all your stock, but I just need to see more of it. I can't be in on that much. Philadelphia, on the other hand, my god, they have been a fun conversation with how ugly their season has ended. Supposedly Hurts and Sirianni had beef. Supposedly it's over. They had Saquon Barkley. I think they just got away from running the damn ball. Like used to turn on an Eagles game and it was third and one and you were like, even if we stop them, they're gonna tush push us and we're screwed. Because they would just run the ball. They would cycle in all those different running backs. You never knew who it was unless it was the Giants and it was about to be Boston Scott week. They signed Saquon, they paid Saquon. Saquon's a stud. Saquon's been playing on a tough offense. If we're being honest the past couple of years, they're gonna give Saquon the rock. That's gonna open it up for Hurts on the outside. With all those talented receivers. People are wondering if Philly's gonna be out. I think Philly's gonna be back in a big way. I don't see one of those teams really stepping up in the division. I love Jaden Daniels, but even if I love him, the Commanders and being a year or two away at least, I think the Eagles are gonna be back in a big way. I don't know what's gonna happen in South Palo, Brazil. Feels like one of those games you turn it on and they're like the altitude is seventy thousand feet and you're like, what first game of the year. These guys can't breathe. BBD's gonna get the South Palo altitude. That's a weird one for me. Two, like kind of historic NFL teams open up in South Paalo. Grow the game, right, I guess Week one, just get it over with. We have an altitude.
Speaker 2: I think this is a high altitude. Okay, twenty five hundred feet.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. I think that's okay, that's half a mile, right, think so numbers guy. So let's see. So you got two fun ones Thursday, Baltimore, Kansas City, Green Bay, Philly. All these teams have championship type aspirations, which means you turn on the football Sunday one pm. We're gonna be live streaming. Come enjoy with us. Let's see in that one o'clock slate again, you're watching every game. You want to see every team, your winners. Buffalo Arizona, Let's see what Arizona looks like Kyler Murray, Marvin Harrison. That team was really punchy last year. And the Bill they're down some of the talent on the outside, but they have Josh Allen and they're the Buffalo Bills that some people have them as a sneaky could they take a step back. I'm not a McDermott guy. I've talked about that with the Buffalo Bills before. I want to look at the division a little more before I'd fade the Bills. I'm in on them. I've got Josh Allen in a few fantasy leagues thumb Man, Tennessee and Chicago. People will be watching that will Levis versus Caleb Williams. I flip flop on the Bears and Caleb every day. The talent is crazy. Three wide receivers, two running backs. They like Caleb Williams. Every scout in person I trust in the NFL says this guy is going to be the guy. We kind of did that with, like Trevor Lawrence a little bit. It's a little different. Caleb's got a little more I think natural talent to them and showed just a little more two years ago at USC. I think I've told the people on here not fully sold on Caleb. You need a man, a lot of men in that locker room to buy in. It's got to happen kind of quick. The Bears are a little bit of a curse quarterback franchise, Like, I don't know what you want to hear that? I don't know. I hope I'm bloody wrong.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's for one of the British games coming up? I hope I'm bloody wrong. I hope the Bears have their quarterback for the next twenty years. I hope America becomes the biggest Caleb Williams stands. Heard a few of an interview like awesome guy. He's got some like anti bullying Foundation stuff like want to be all in on it, the product of football as a quarterback in Chicago, being a rookie, it's just so uphill for things that shouldn't matter, and I'm skeptical of that. Maybe that makes me the bad guy. Houston, Indy could be fun. Feels like they always have a fun game. New England Cincy kind of out on. Sorry, everyone wants to see Joe Burr. I get it is. Jamar gonna be out there New England reset. We'll check in on them later. Houston, Verus, Indy. I said it with Stroud before, like it's either Stroud is absolutely next, Like I think everyone kind of has them ranked as is their fifth best QB in football. What he did last year is nothing at him. I just believe NFL has a natural regression or we've like found the guy that's gonna go toe to toe with Mahomes. I don't know if anyone could go toe to toe with the Mahomes though, So that's where I kind of fade the fade. But they are going to open in Indianapolis. Houston's tools on paper just seemed great. NFL has a weird thing with super teams ever since that one Philly team. AR five is back for the Colts. God, that might be the game I'm most excited for in the one PM slay. Definitely Jacksonville Miami. I'll be honest, Miami kind of lost a lot of people by the end of last year. Let's see if they're back to being the greatest show on turf in what Jacksonville and if Trevor Lawrence can find it again or buy back in a little bit New Orleans Carolina. Just know, let's get those red zone clips and kind of same with the Giants in Minnesota for being honest. It's just being honest. Let's see if Milak neighbors has something special. We're obviously watching all the top players. Sam Darnold his rookie year with Minnesota, Let's see what he's got. Everyone loves him. That's your one o'clock slate, four PM. My Broncos at Seattle. Sure, I feel like we've seen that before. I'm not in on my Broncos until they bring me back in. The sick part with sports is they win one game against Gino and Seattle and a new coaching staff and I'll be in. But I'm just not in yet. Although people have been doing the like Bonix has been showing more than we thought. I just need to see it. I'm kind of all in on the Chargers, the Harball thing. Everywhere he goes, he makes better. There's not a lot of guys that you can look at their resume and say that, and he has justin Herbert like Harbaugh is the perfect man for that franchise, a sneakily cursed franchise. For a little bit that I'm in on them. They open with Vegas. I mean it is funny. I gotta find out who said the line. I was in one of the fantasy football shows and the guy said they were like people are talking about Justin Herbert and the Chargers passing offense like their Navy college football, like they're running a triple option, Like, yeah, they're gonna run the ball. You have to pass in today's NFL. And they have Justin Herbert. I know he's a little banged up, but we saw that guy tough it out big time. And what Harbaugh is. I am all in on the Chargers. I think their Vegas win toil is like eight and a half. I would be I might be in on that after recording this Cleveland in Dallas, I don't know. Cleveland two and a half point favorites at home. Cleveland defense is for real. This could be an ugly one. I mean, Deshaun's final ride potentially, It's been a lot of bad football out of him. With Dak and Den Boys, that feels like a must watch for all the wrong reasons. Washington at Tampa not too much. I love Jayden. I want to see what he looks like as a pro. I'll check in on that. People are selling pretty hard on Tampa for this year. I think that they had a lot of luck in there. I don't know, maybe Baker found a second home and they got something going on. But that's not a game you're excited to watch, unlike the eight PM, where the Rams and Lions are gonna run it back. They played in the playoffs last year. Golf and Stafford quarterbacks traded for each other the same cities, Detroit, with all the hope in the world. Don't be shocked if that's a fun one. I mean a lot of fun. The rumors the Rams are gonna hammer the run this year and they're really good at that with Phoka Nakua and Cooper Cup on the outside. A lot of experts think they're gonna be the best play action team in the league because they got a smart veteran quarterback in Matthew Stafford. They're going to commit to the run. Mcmay's great at the run, he's great at drawing up plays. The Lions they got a taste, right if you believe in kind of that NBA, you need to get a taste to get over the hump. NFL doesn't exactly work that way, But God, do they believe in their what they're doing. It's gonna be some knockout, dragout football. And I don't be surprised if that game is electric and football is back full till sal Polo on Friday, Chiefs in Baltimore on Thursday with a full slate ending with that game Football finds a way, and then Monday Night Jets forty nine ers in San Francisco. Rogers is back the San franc Monday Night football again. Jesus, I don't know. I'm I'm always in on the Niners. I think they've just become just moments away from getting it done. I think they have all the talent. I think the line's a little thinner than past years. But Trent Williams is back. He said he came back after my guy I told you guys about my fantasy draft and I mentioned one potential sleeper. It was Ricky Piersall. He got shot tough, He's okay. I think he was back practicing, so that's crazy, like in the abdomen too crazy world. Trent Williams said he came back because like life's bigger than that. Which whoa you wonder if a team rallies around that. I don't know. The Jets defense still supposed to be special, still might be, especially with Rogers at the helm. I'm gonna believe in the San Francisco forty nine ers. I think I got them at minus three and a half for our DraftKings against the spread League, where I had first picked, because I've won it back to back years. Braggadocious. Let's see. I'll just do a quick final around the horn of the divisions AFC East Bills. I do think the Jets have a chance to click. Maybe I'm dumb, like maybe Rogers is old and he hasn't been good in a little bit and it's just gonna be Jetsy as a getsy. I'm not in. I'll ride with Josh Allen till I die. AFC North Man God, I hope that becomes electric again. I don't know what to do. I love the Browns coach Stefanski. Tomlin finds a way to get five hundred or better. The Bengals. We did this last year. Burrow went out when they had Joe Burr. He's that guy in the Baltimore Ravens. AFC North football is alive and well. I wonder if the Steelers just have the bad year. Russ has been awful and he kind of got handed the gig. It has to happen at some point. No coach is invincible. But then they have stupid numbers with TJ. Watt on the field like he's their quarterback. And Russ was getting the ball to players safely in Denver, but they didn't have the playmakers and this team kind of does. So I don't know. I wish I could write them off. A gun to my head, I'd go Baltimore. Lamar's that guy Derrick Henry. The defense is gross. AFC South, Will Levis, do I have a dark horse team. I'm not in on the Colts, which my two Jonathan Taylor fantasy drafts would tell you differently. I'm not in on the Colts. I do think Houston Houston will not be bad. I'm kind of out on the Jags Titans. I have no clue. I mean, new head coach Will Levis I want to like, but he gets hurt and I don't know if he's good. My AFC West, it's the Chiefs. It's the Chiefs and the Chargers coming out that I'm both them to make the playoffs, Broncos and Raiders. My God, in the NFC Eagles easy. I guess I've been out on the Cowboys. I don't know. Is that me just fading America's team?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: I not believe in Dak. I think the Eagles are going to be back. They finished so poorly last year. I mean, it obviously leaves that window open for chaos to happen in it ending miserably, but God, they're so talented that it just can't. And the Cowboys, I feel like they could get thin quick if they like, if they were to lose ceede Lamb for three weeks. They're offensive options. It's not what you'd expect from the Dallas Cowboys. NFC Norris Division, I have this getting ugly. I think the Lions come back to earth a little bit. I think the Bears have a little more so in them. I think the Packers are consistently okay. And I think the Vikings tall head coach told you guys some of the Justin Jefferson numbers, Kevin O'Connell koc they had nobody's playing quarterback last year. Justin Jefferson still put up numbers. I think he's a really good head coach. I could see that being a sneaky division where all the teams end up over five hundred. Do I believe in that? I do right now? Why not hot takes not at all? NFC South, the Atlanta Falcons are the team that nobody. Nobody knows. Kirk's never been bad. The Falcons starting quarterback got cut this preseason, couldn't get a backup gig. So you're bringing in Kirk Cousins. They have the weapons. I'm I'm as seeing his believing guy, so I'm willing to be wrong on it, but I'm not in on Atlanta. I think they'll be better like I think Kirk will be Kirk. I don't know. I've seen the Kyle Pitts experiment too much, and maybe the quarterbacks have been that bad and he's a stud and he'll bounce back and people like Drake London and he was still fine with bad quarterback play. I get it, Bijon and how they mismanaged him last year. I get it. All the boxes to check are there, and maybe I shouldn't because I don't know. Who are the two teams last year that everyone thought we're gonna kick in a gear. I think it was the Lions. Everyone was in on and there was an AFC team I'm blanking not the Chiefs, and it kind of came to came to Fruition, or two years ago it was Philly and the Vikings. Everyone was like, these two teams are great, it's going to happen. Pretty much, everyone's in on the Falcons because every box you click there should be better. That division gets ugly and a new team takes over every year. So the stars are all pointing to Atlanta. I'm skeptical. I just haven't liked what's gone down there the past couple years so much that hey, maybe it's a breath of fresh air and Kirky's great new staff, all of it.
Speaker 2: It's right in front of them.
Speaker 1: It's right in front of them. It's tough because who are you going to be into? Give me the Bucks and Baker just becoming pests. Mike Evans is still there, Baker can get a ball to a best wide receiver. Godwin's still around, they don't hate their tight end White, the running back is okay, and that just might be enough for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. So I guess that would be a hot Jake the NFC West. I love the Niners. I think they're just a program and everyone's in on the Rams and I'm in on them too. I'm not gonna fight that. I think Stafford this could potentially be like a last ride. I think they've loaded up on the offensive weapons they figure it out on defense. Cardinals will be fine until Kyler gets banged up, and I love I love watching him play when he's healthy and good Seattle. They're just in a weird middle class right now. That's kind of nothing. So that was a little bit around the league. I told you guys, I'm going to bring in more football people during the weeks to break it down and get into it because, like I've told you, I watch it at the fan level. Guy at the bar track pretty closely know a lot of the names and places. It's also just a losing game because I was listening to another guy who comes out with the top one hundred players list every year and he's like, it's my favorite piece to do, and he goes by mid season. I wish I could delete it off the internet. Football in every sport, moves pretty quick. The good news is for two months football and baseball, well, whoa n be able to sneaking up. I don't know if it's a sports apocalypse. I think October it is. I think you get one of those days. It's like we got all four games on one day. Can't wait, Art Scott come check it all out with us. They're gonna be streaming the football games tomorrow. I'll be there Sunday. I guess I will be too. Get ready for some football. Everyone enjoy it. Sorry about the Yankees, Rant tell them about Uncle Dan.
Speaker 2: Wake and Jaki is a production of Dan Patrick Productions, John Boy Media, and Workhouse Media.