Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky.
Speaker 1: I'm jooky. I'm really sure it's dead.
Speaker 3: It's coming this way.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, I said.
Speaker 1: By Ross Dressed and hey boo, it's me Ros Dress flas. I hope that everybody is still staying safe and uh, you know, doing doing well, being healthy and keeping busy. I'm happy to be here giving you some uh some content. I know next week I'm going to be doing some more mini episodes because people seem to enjoy those, so look out for that. But today I got to catch up with some of you, our listeners. So I talked to four listeners and we have all kinds of stories coming at you today. You're gonna hear all different different kinds of stories. You're even gonna hear some different viewpoints on demons. It's it's great, so let's just get it started. Here's the listeners on with the show. Hi Tyler, Hi, where are you calling from?
Speaker 5: I am currently calling from Baltimore. I'm originally from the New Orleans area.
Speaker 1: Ah. Interesting, because you sent me an email that I was like, wait a minute, okay, we have to you have to be on this show. And there's so much there was so much in there. There was lots of sounds like kind of witchcraft stuff and a reptilian creature. You've seen shadow people. I don't even know where to begin. So what's the story?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 1: You summon demons?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 5: I throughout early childhood, all the way up until the present I'm thirty now, have been studying the occult, not just like demons and angels, but planetary energy, her meticism, pretty much everything that was available in the early nineteen nineties Internet, which was a lot more than I think most people knew. And so my demon conjuring days are pretty much limited to early high school because that's when you do that.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: Ye. My biggest demon conjuring experience that I remember being one that if someone elsewhere in the room they would have had a really palpable experience, actually started pretty simply.
Speaker 1: Or Banale.
Speaker 5: I had lost in astronomy textbook, which happened to be like one hundred and sixty five dollars, and I tried everything on my own, from like you know, your candle spell a la charmed to just like honestly praying to find the textbook and never did. So I got a little desperate and wanted to try some of the skills I had been reading in books. So I constructed the circle of the Art and the triangle of Solomon, which are the two main things you need in order to summon a demon. And I found the appropriate demon in The Lesser Key of Solomon. For anyone interested, that demon's name is Vasigo the Assgo, and I believe he's the third of seventy two demons listed.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know anything about any of this, but I'm fascinated.
Speaker 5: So they comes from a book called The Lesser Key of Solomon, which probably does not come from King Solomon. But the mythology is that Solomon was tasked with building the Temple of Israel and knew that he could not do it on his own, so use his authority as a human, which technically outranks a demon. He conjured them into triangles and forced them using the power of God to do his bidding. And so the book is a list of demons that were used in that act and what they're what they can be called on for.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so imagine like a fourteen year old kid alone in his living room at three o'clock in the morning with like a poster cutout of a triangle with like full metal alchemist looking stuff on it in a circle and like a terry cloth robe. Really feeling my wizard fantasy totally. And so I started with the preliminary like vanishing rituals, which are supposed to basically like create a clean space so whatever you're welcoming in is pure in its form and can kind of be met how it is. So I did those and then got to the conjuration, which you really have to work up a lot of energy, if you can imagine trying to call up a demon from help. So it took a few times, and I actually switched over into what's called a Nokian there's an angelic language you can use to conjure these spirits. And once I switched there, I really started noticing something different happening. A dry heat set into the room, like when you get into a sauna and it's set way too high, but you don't realize it immediately until it just really gets thick and penetrating on you. Yeah, and then it seemed like gravity got really heavy too, and concentrated into one point, which was in a black mirror of the triangle that I had created, so like basically spray painting glass. So I had a mirror that was just pure blackness to look within, and I could feel all of the gravity centering on that object, like it would spark or vibrate if I touched it. And after that point I put aside my fear of, oh well, I think I may actually have a demon in my living room, and that opens a whole other Pandora's box of what do what am I going to do? But I put that aside because in order to be able to do the successfully, you have to do it with confidence, like if if Moses could control you, or if King Solomon could control you, by damn it, I have the right to too. So I tried to adopt that mentality, and as soon as I did, it was like a little keyhole was open in the mirror, like not the whole thing I couldn't see, like a you know, a reptilian looking thing. That's later, I could just get a sense that whatever I was trying to call up was listening, and was listening so fast that I didn't need to say anything out loud. So I started asking my question question like look I've lost this textbook. This is the first time I've tried anything like this. I think this is an easy request. I don't think we need to sit here and argue about.
Speaker 1: What you're owed.
Speaker 5: You know you already rule in health, so that should be good enough for you. And I need the textbook back. And if you're wondering, how like question answer happened, it was as if I could not form my statement quickly enough for it to be answered. It was being answered and asked at the exact same time inside my mind.
Speaker 1: But were you terrified?
Speaker 5: I was terrified of the energy present in the room. I knew that if I had left the circle were kind of put aside that stance and just gotten afraid that I was really cooked. But I trusted that I had waited long enough to practice other things, more important things, before I took this on. Even though I was in early high school looking back at was pretty foolish. I was able to kind of reserve my fear for after I had vanished and realized the experience was over. So I concluded politely. I gave the spirit what's called a license to depart, and he left no trouble. I didn't feel any lingering energy in that room for the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: I lived there.
Speaker 5: But the next day the book was returned. How what happened was it seems as if another student took my home textbook copy by mistake because it was left underneath one of the desks I had used, and they were going through their books trying to clear things out, and realized they had a book that didn't belong to them, and it was returned.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I'd been waiting the whole semester for that to happen. I pretty much lost it before I could even get a chance to really use it. But it happened to me at least, so I've got no complaints.
Speaker 1: So after that experience where you pro demon conjuring for different things in life.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, I use other forms of magic, like primarily like sigil work or spirit creation to get things done, because you're really inviting cosmic hilarity to ensue when you ask a spirit to do things for you, Like you know, you can ask for money, and then the way you get money as all the pipes in your house bursting and you get renters insurance, you know, and so you've got to like really know what you're asking for, and make sure that you're like respecting the tradition you're approaching in an attempt to get it. So I devise things on my own. I would say, though, that angels are by far more terrifying than demons. Why would you say that, because a demon kind of operates from the same id ego relationship that we do.
Speaker 3: Like, it wants.
Speaker 5: Things, It understands materiality, it sees shades of gray. It might be manipulative, but a lot of us have.
Speaker 1: Sex with people who are manipulative.
Speaker 5: You know, that doesn't necessarily stop people, whereas an angel like is in a different realm of like sensorium entirely. So what's important to it is something that you cannot conceive of, and its version of helping you might as well be destroying you.
Speaker 3: Like You're just not sure.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, I guess I've never talked to somebody that has some indeeds or knows much about this stuff at all. I'm very fascinated. Okay, So tell me about seeing a reptilian creature.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that was something completely separate from any like magical world I've done on my own. It was a spontaneous experience, but it did happen? When I was in mid middle school, I was on a Cheers marathon with my mom.
Speaker 1: Oh Cheers, the sitcom. Yeah, I was thinking Netflix Cheer. Have you seen that show?
Speaker 5: No, it was three Netflix, but I think we would have watched that anyway.
Speaker 1: But it's a very different show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we were, you know, we were deep into Cheers, and you know, she was out, she passed out. But I was laying in bed, not asleep. And let me be clear, this was not sleep paralysis. The lights were out and I saw this entity move into the room from the hallway adjacent to the bedroom, and it was you know, I was young at the time, so size might be kind of distorted, but it was somewhere between five eleven and six four in that COVID height, and it was made of condensed green and orange particles like TV static that had coalesced into a shape. And the shape was like somewhere between the creature from the Black Lagoon and that. It had that kind of reptilian like droopy shape that had like fans coming out, but its eyes were completely a vibrant red and as it as it entered the room, it went to the floor, but it didn't like hunch over onto the floor. It melted like Alex Mack from Nickelodeon if you remember that.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it changed like phases, so it was no longer like an entity that looked like it had bones, and it dropped down to the floor. And then it stretched out the same shape it had when it was standing, but along gated, and it began to like slither on the side of the bed that I was on in this really serpentine fashion, with its jaw completely unhinged, like its jaw was like at least a foot and a half open, and it seemed to be like eating the air like when you see it like a whale or a manta ray go through the water to get plankton. And when it reached my side of the bed and it stood up, but it did it in the same kind of like melting way that it had fallen to the ground, and it got nose to nose with me. And of course at that point I was completely panicking, but I could still move and everything. I was wide awake. So I turned over to my mother and shook her awake, like don't you see this? Don't you see this? I turned back to the entity.
Speaker 1: I still see it.
Speaker 5: And then I turned back to her and she says, no, I turned back, it is gone.
Speaker 1: So what do you think that was a result of or you know, where does that come from?
Speaker 5: You know, it all gets really woo woo after the story happens, like then the speculation happens. But to me, my speculation is that it's some form of astral energy or like an aggregation of intelligence in the astral plane that is not necessarily human but is accustomed to being around humans. Because it was curious, but it wasn't it wasn't instigative, and it didn't look like the shadow people, which they just look like they're observing or that they're like crossing paths with you, they don't really care. This one seemed to like know what people are and what they do, and it was trying to frighten me.
Speaker 1: Do you what do you think this is a little conspiracy theory? E? But what do you think about when people say that like powerful there's a lot of powerful leaders in this world that are reptilian creatures. Do you think that's true?
Speaker 5: I wish it we're true, because then like they would be really easy to manipulate I think what the I think more like the Gnostics used to think, and that there are like archons of this realm, that, like the material realm, is governed by some like physical and psychological forces which are inherently corrupt and ignorant. And so I think that we are contending more with like a demon of ignorance that actually could have intelligence on other planes of existence, rather than thinking like we've got like David iike kind of reptilian illuminati.
Speaker 1: I can tell you've given this some thought. You what do you do for a liver? Aren't you? Don't you work? What do you do again?
Speaker 5: So I am in the middle of switching professions. I've been doing acute psychiatric therapy, primarily with like recently hospitalized or hospitalized patients with a specialty on LGBTQ people who also happen to have schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and things like that, And so I've kind of got a specialty within community psychiatry, but I've really lost a sense of like room for growth in the field. So I'm transitioning into sculptural ceramics and like tarot card reading full time. I finally have a spouse graduated from residency, so I can start relying on some doctor cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to hear about shadow people.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Well, shadow people are something that if you google you can probably find a few other things, primarily like Coast to Coast used.
Speaker 1: To talk about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there are different camps of shadow people, but let's we could talk about two major ones. You've got your regular shadow people, which seem to move usually quite quickly through spaces like hallways and really generally anywhere in a.
Speaker 1: Home that.
Speaker 5: Doesn't seem dependent on whether or not the house has been occupied in a way that would make it susceptible to haunting, but that the spirit itself has a relatively human form. The trends with shadow people are that they happen on the borders of waking and sleeping. Again, you have to think about sleep paralysis or when people are occupied with another task and they see them dart across their eye. I've seen also the other type, which are top hat men, and they're supposed to be more like malicious, that meaning they like manifest with the intent to frighten, whereas the shadow people are just like wandering around and we don't really even know whether or not they're aware we exist all the time.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that there's these shadow people that are serving looks in their top hats, and their whole job is like, Okay, I'm clocking in and now it's time to scare the shit out of people, like they had that's their sole purpose.
Speaker 5: Or perhaps that you know, it's either something akin to like a sexual thrill, or that they are somehow energized by the activity of making others frightened. You could flip it around and say maybe they are a projection of or a psyche that is manifesting is something that wants to scare us. I don't really make conclusions about any of those things. I just look at my experience. I've seen the top hat men congregate around the foot of my bed again when I'm not in sleep paralysis, but they were. They dissipated as soon as I started to do like ritual that I know to do to like push away unwanted spirits. I've seen shadow people together with my grandfather now deceased, within his home, like running around in his utility room, putting their face up against the glass of the door, like we would see them at the same time, like while he was reading the newspaper, and we just would note it and then move on to other subjects.
Speaker 1: Now, do you think that, since you have had so many of these experiences, do you think there's a relationship between you seeking it out and these things happening, like you seeking different forms of magic and deeminology and that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: I think once you have the interest and you begin to learn the kind of what we would call magical hygiene of keeping your energetic body in order, keeping your perspective balanced, and trying to learn as much as possible, you seem like an attractive person to approach, Just like if we were to think about spirits trying to find someone, they would have a chance at conversing within a bar, you know, and then your energetic body becomes more capable of handling sensing, and then I don't know, respecting more charged energy spaces and entities. So it would make sense that you would be someone to go to if available. But I know that there are people who desperately want experiences and they don't get them. So I don't know that it's the desire that attracts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well again, I mean that's been me lately. I don't you know, I don't really want, like I don't want top hat men at the foot of my bed, but but I do kind of want something to happen when I'm looking for it. But I think that they don't, they're not into that.
Speaker 5: I think it's you know, I think a good place to start is to make sure that your own energy is like clear and projecting well, because it's like, if you don't have a routine going to constantly work on your faculties of perception, you could be having things happening in your everyday life that you were cognitively skewed to disavow psychologically. And so rather than trying to go to places that hauntings happen in, sometimes it's easier to just focus on how are you most available.
Speaker 1: To be haunted?
Speaker 5: Hmm okay, because you know, like I've worked in mental hospitals since before I could drink alcohol, and I've never found one to be haunted.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: But I've been to people's houses that were built like ten years ago and they're the only people who've lived in them, and you know, there's somebody up in there.
Speaker 1: Really because of like what happened on the land before or what like somebody brought the ghost in or yeah, or like I can.
Speaker 5: When my great grandmother used to live on Valence Street in New Orleans and moved to Annunciation Street, she had this night the habit of playing solitaire with herself and watching the Lawrence Walk Show. This blues to how I became gay later in life, perhaps, but she would play solitaire. In one night she had a presence, a manifest behind her, and she turned around and it was a woman in monochrome in like an eggshell color, wearing the veil so she couldn't make out her face. And the woman just kept saying, it's cold down here, it's cold down here. And my great grandmother talked to everyone else in the family. They couldn't identify her, partially because of the shroud she was wearing. So finally she got sick of her and was just like, yeah, it's cold down there. You're dead, You're in the ground. And this continued solitaire and she didn't have it again.
Speaker 1: I've been interrupting, Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, like that's in Cajun families, like especially like Cajun's who are still Catholic, hauntings and things are like commonly accepted, even if everyone doesn't really frequently have the experience, and it's not uncommon to pray for people for several days after they're dead and waiting for a sign that they're okay. My aunt made a wager with my other relatives too, in particular, that if she died and went to Hell, she wouldn't be able to do anything on earth, Like she wouldn't have the power to like throw a vase across the room, right, But if she was in purgatory or heaven, she probably has some flexibility about what she could do. So she told them that she would shake the cross off of her coffin at her wake, and if she did that, that meant that she had access to where they were having the funeral. So she was okay, And I'll have you know that at that funeral, the cross shook off the coffin and landed at the feet of the people she made the promise to.
Speaker 1: WHOA interesting, So maybe if you're in hell, like you don't get a visitor pass that thinking.
Speaker 5: I think it's I think it's like a rational line of thought, even if the whole subject in general is you know, a little out there. Yeah, And we've had other family members like you know, you say your ninth day of the Rosary for them and they turn all the lights off in the house just to.
Speaker 3: Let you know.
Speaker 5: And we like m I have family who lived on like not the old big house of plantations, but lived in like workers' houses is what they call them down there, aka slavery encampments, who have had really interesting spooky things happen. Like you know, one of my one of my grandmothers, had a h a boy whose legs were beaten in that basically lived on one side of her bed and would constantly like wail and cry God. They had also a set of twins in that same town. And my other grandmother, who was an Italian, was doing gardening and she had a man come up to her and pass her a garden tool. So she was kind of disarmed, and she looked up at him and talked to him, and he said they hung the wrong one. She asked for him to clarify, and he just repeated himself, they hung the wrong one. So this is like back in the eighties and stuff, where libraries had microfiche and things like you had to do like stranger things research, right, And so she did that for that area and found out that one of two identical twins was hung for stealing a wallet and it looked like him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you so much for sharing all this.
Speaker 5: Oh you're so welcome.
Speaker 1: At least. Where are you Texas, US?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know I lived there for like a couple of months one time, did you. I liked it. I had a good time. I lived in like Bedford, Texas. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 7: That's really close to where I'm at. That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Way wait what yes.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm officially starting to get creeped out.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, we had a weird thing happened where you like just messaged me to be on a listener episode, and then I had someone drop out, like right around the same time you messaged me, and I was like, well, can you do it today because we got an open spot and it worked out. It's awesome. What you know, this is so funny.
Speaker 7: This is like the second thing like that that's happened to me this week where it's like a creepy coincidence. Do you ever have weeks like that where all these weird things keep happening totally of that There's a girl that I've been following forever on Instagram, and I reached out to her this week and we found out that I briefly lived in Chicago and apparently the house that I lived at was like two minutes from the house she grew up in. Crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know what is the story? You said? The story you said? He sounds interesting. I don't know if I've had anybody tell one like this on the show yet. And so you you've got uh, you got lost and found, you found your way back paranormally.
Speaker 7: Yes, it sounds weird. So I'm not a big religious person. I've told some people this story and they think it's like a guardian angel story, but I don't necessarily see it that way. So I'll see what you think. But I was younger. I was visiting my dad in Midland, Odessa at the time. He lived separately from where my mom and I lived, and while at work, my stepmom, oh god, I want to say five or six pretty young?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, really young, and my step mom decided I had a baby sister at the time, that she was going to take us out of the house and in their little subdivision, they had a church, and the church had a playground, so she thought, you know, I'll go on a walk, just take the kids to the playground kill some times. So I was running ahead of her and the stroller and I saw the playground, so I just kind of took off because we'd been walking for a while, and I turned back around. I had gone on the swing set and I just started swinging because I assumed, you know, she's right behind me. She knows I'm going to the playground. So I was swinging for a while, and then I got off the swing and I looked back down the road where the playground was off of and like her and my sister were totally gone. I didn't see my step mom. The stroller was gone, and I'm like, that's so weird. I mean, she was right behind me. I don't understand where she thought I was going.
Speaker 1: That's like the biggest ir. When I was a little kid, I got lost in in like an office depot or something like that, just a couple of minutes. But that is the scariest thing ever.
Speaker 7: When you're a child, it is scary and it well, I mean to most kids that would be their panic moment. But I'm like, eh, whatever, I'll keep playing for a while, she'll sign me. So I just kind of went back to doing my own thing. But you know, it started to get later, and I'm like, ah, right, I know I've been here for a while and she's still not here. I mean, something's going on. So like in this church parking lot, there's like a church, a playground, and a parking lot that's kind of for both of them. So I walked over to the parking lot and I sat down on one of those like curbs, you know where the cars can park, the little yellow concrete slab, and I was trying to figure out, Okay, what do I do? And then I started to really panic because I couldn't remember how to get back to my dad's house, like the path that we took to get, you know, to the playground and all that. Because I wasn't paying attention, and I saw that there was these guys across the street in a house, older guys probably like my dad's age, and they were packing up a car with like coolers and lawn chairs. I'm like, well, I could go ask them, but I don't think I'm supposed to be talking to older guys that I don't know. So I just started trying in this church parking lot because I was so scared and I didn't know what to do. And I look up and I see this old woman who's coming out of the garage that these guys, you know, are loading their car into or whatever. And she walks up to me and she's like, hi, honey, are you okay? What's the matter? And I said no, you know, I lost my step mom and I don't remember how to get back to my dad's house. And she said, well, can I sit with you for a minute? And I said yeah, sure, And she said, I tell you what, I bet you your step mom is out looking for you right now. I think that let's just stay put and see if maybe she comes back around and we can find her. And if not, then we'll see if we can call your dad and get him to come get you. And I said okay. So I sat with her for probably twenty thirty minutes, and we just kind of sat there and she kept talking to me. I couldn't remember what she was wearing, what she looked like. I just remembered that her eyes like. I made eye contact with her and immediately felt calm, like everything was gonna be okay. We were going to figure this out. It wasn't a big deal. And I thought, oh, it's just because she's an adult. You know, kids always feel safe around adults, and.
Speaker 1: Specially older women. I feel like a grandma figure is like the most comforting probably.
Speaker 7: Right, most grandmas are nice, yeah, and I mean especially southern grandma's, you know. So we waited and there were a couple of ladies that walked by, and she kept turning to me and saying, well, is that your stepmom? And I'd say no. And finally it had been forever I see my stepmom, and I got so excited I just took off and I went to her. I mean, apparently that's what I was good at doing back then. It's just taking off. And she was so mad at me, and she yelled at me, and she said, well, you know, I don't know why you were in the parking lot when I was looking for you in the playground. And I said, oh, well, I went and sat there then I was sitting with the old lady. And she's like, what, old lady, you were sitting by yourself when I saw you, And I said, no, that old lady that she was sitting right next to me. She came from that house, and the guys were kind of looking at us, and my stepmom just dismissively was like, oh okay, And so she shouted to one of them and said, hey, tell your mom thank you for sitting with my kid, and they gave her the weirdest look, like the fuck is she talking about. So apparently it was just me that saw the old lady. I don't know if maybe she haunted the house, because I specifically saw her walk out of that garage. I don't know where she went, but I remember her sitting next to me, And my stepmom said that when she turned the corner she saw me sitting there in the parking lot, but she said I was sitting alone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well that's a very sweet story.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 7: It's beaten then it's also kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: It is creepy. But I think, especially when you're very young like that, you don't even really know, Like I mean, that's like so much stuff is so real to you, like even imaginary friends, Like it's probably hard to even determine what is real and what isn't. You As you get older, you start to learn what is really creepy and what isn't and I'm sure that. I mean, were you terrified when you were little, after you found out that she wasn't really there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got really scared. And because she she looked exactly like you or me. I mean, she didn't look like an apparition, she didn't have a weird glow, she wasn't blurry. I mean she looked and I thought, oh my god, if she looked so real, how many other people have I seen that have just looked like completely normal people but were actually not there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's what I mean. Oh wow, you see dead people? Yeah, so very creepy, like the sixth sense.
Speaker 7: No, I don't want to six I'm too scared.
Speaker 1: Well well yeah, I mean, like I said, that could have been it could have been a way creepier ghost. It sounds like a really sweet Yes, that's true. I mean yeah, I can see where people would interpret that as like a guardian angel. I mean, she she comforted you.
Speaker 8: But that's true.
Speaker 7: And I mean it was like a church parking lot, So I get it that people could associate the two. But you know, I don't know, I feel like when I'm a ghost, i'd rather just do mischievous stuff. It's more fun. But I guess every once in a while you like to do something nice. You're like, all right, I've.
Speaker 1: Been I'll take off the white sheet that i've been, you know, spooking people with and the Yeah, just sit down and be nice to a little kid friend moment.
Speaker 7: Exactly. You do your one nice thing and then you can go back to being a jerk again.
Speaker 1: I've been ghosted too, Tyler from Saint Petersburg, Florida? Is that where you said? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Saint Petersburg, Florida.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like? Wait, Saint Petersburg, is that like the really old or am I thinking of someplace else? What's like the it's.
Speaker 4: Kind of like a greater Tampa area, you know. It's kind of like it's it's like the Brooklyn to the Manhattan. I'm originally from New York South. It's like the easiest reference for me to make.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tampa the Manhattan of the southeast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, you stayed at a haunted hotel?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean so I have like a lot of experiences with ghosts, Like, well.
Speaker 1: Let's hear them. I got time, you know, where I have to be I have nowhere to be until June eighth.
Speaker 4: Oh, like literally, I have nothing to do.
Speaker 3: Like I've been looking foward to this for like days.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 3: I remember on my phone like ready for this interaction.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so excited. Okay, Well tell me some ghost stories.
Speaker 4: Well I'm like kind of I know you say you're sensy like to the spirits, like they kind of sense you. I'm also very sensy to that stuff, but like I'm very open to it. Like I made a ouiji board so I could talk to them, like I I've gotten into taro stuff like that. So I'm like really into like kind of like that spiritual side of it. And it's okay cool because it's something that's like opened up a lot of like I guess, like levels of communication with like things that like I don't know, not in this realm type. So I'm really like sensy to that stuff. And I feel like as a kid, I was even more open to it. But obviously, like as a kid, like if a ghost approaches you, you're scared, like so it's like the scariest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what's the first time you encountered it? Goes?
Speaker 4: The first time I can't think of like a specific like first time, but I definitely had like encounters and like the story I sent you about staying in the haunted hotel was definitely like the most personal and like the one that stands.
Speaker 3: Out the most.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: So my family I live in like a big Irish family of six, and we just like over summers, pile into our minivan and drive all around the country and do stuff like that and stay at little hotels and just do kind of like fun family trips like that. So we ended up staying in this hotel as a result of one of those trips. We were visiting some caverns in Pennsylvania. They're called like the lore Cabin caverns.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I tried liking up the name of the hotel to tell the story, and I couldn't find it. Like I called the hotel to ask if they knew about like hauntings or anything like that, and they said no. But we had like a specific interaction with some locals that said that the hotel we were staying in was absolutely haunted and like everyone knows it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, so anybody that's listening and lives in that area. Let us know what it's called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I tried to do some research and my mom thinks that the name of it was the Laurie Cavern Cabin Motel something like that. So I tried looking up that and I couldn't find anything, obviously, so I don't know. So we were looking for a place to stay after we were checking out these beautiful cab or what are the caverns with the lagmites and stuff like that, you go like underground into a cave.
Speaker 1: I don't know, totally, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: They were gorgeous, I remember that, and we were we wanted to find a place in town to stay the night because there was like six of us when we're all like cranky little kids and wanted.
Speaker 3: To go to bed and whatever. So our parents found.
Speaker 4: This really cheap and it was the only available place obviously for a reason now knowing what happened, but it was the only open place there and we it was like this little town home. It really wasn't like a hotel room, which was the weird thing about it was it had like a kitchenette, a living room, and like an entire upstairs where the bedrooms were so while we were sleeping, everyone went to bed. I was sharing a room with my brother, and my brother and sister were sharing a room. We finally got to bed, and it was late. I was still watching TV, just trying to go to bed. I didn't really sleep as a kid, because I don't know, I was like a weird little kid who would just always stay awake and like, So maybe that's why I had so many experiences with ghosts.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe things are just happening all the time and people are just sleeping through it.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm pretty sure that's the thing, because I felt feel like if I like had stayed up more and like experienced like more of what was happening, especially at this hotel, I probably would have like talked to a ghost or something. So in hindsight, like, I'm kind of like sad that I didn't have like enough bravery to like work up and go and meet the ghost at this hotel.
Speaker 1: But oh well, oh god, Okay, so what happened? Was it like a a happy ghost or a main ghost? What do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't really know.
Speaker 4: I was like laying in bed and I could hear somebody walking up and down the stairs because it was like kind of carpeted floor, so it made that like very distinct sound of like somebody, like, you know, the ruffled footsteps going up and downstairs.
Speaker 3: And my little brother had already gone.
Speaker 4: Asleep, because I was trying to talk to him to see if he if he heard it, because I thought everyone was asleep.
Speaker 3: It was about like maybe two thirty am, not quite the witching hour.
Speaker 4: I know that it was like two thirty am, and I could hear them walking up and down and I was like, this is really weird. And then the light turned on outside the room, which was even more weird because I was like, I thought my parents were asleep, so I could hear the footsteps still going up and down the stairs, so I didn't know if my parents were doing something or whatever, so I like being the curious kid I was. I stuck my head out the door, and there was nobody there, so I was like, uh, this is weird. So I started to kind of get freaked out at this point, but I didn't want.
Speaker 3: To leave my room. And then I kept hearing the footsteps again.
Speaker 4: They kept going up and down the stairs, up and down the stairs, and I was get really freaked out. And then the footsteps stopped when they got up the stairs again, and I saw a shadow underneath the door. Yeah, like a very distinct shadow. So I was like, okay, this must be my dad. I was trying to like talk some sense into myself and like talk some sense into the situation. And then I was like, oh, my dad, he's just getting some water. I don't know, maybe he's getting water for my mom, my brother, my sister, I don't know. He's going up and down the stairs, and I see his shadow and he's coming over to my door. And I'm like, okay, so this is just my dad coming over my door. And the shadow stops. I hear the footprints go, and they're going and they stop right outside the door, and the shadows right outside the door. And so I distinctly see a shadow of a person with the light coming through of a person right outside the door. And they don't come in, and nothing happens, and I can still see the shadow, they'll see the shot.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, what's going on?
Speaker 4: So I finally got out of bed and I opened the door and there was nobody there, weird, and there was definitely, Like, as I was walking up to the door, there was definitely the shadow of.
Speaker 3: A person standing just right on the other side of the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then did you what did you do? You just went back to bed? Did you think it was a ghost? No?
Speaker 4: I basically shot my pants and I got in bed with my little brother and he was really mad and confused as to what was happening. I was like, I can't do this anymore. I need to sleep in the bed of somebody because I'm so freaked out.
Speaker 1: N sorry, I shot in your bed.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I was literally so scared.
Speaker 4: Come morning time, my older brother was talking to my mom about something in the kitchen and I could hear them, and my mom says to him, She's like, okay, well, don't say anything to your siblings. I don't want them to get freaked out. And I heard them say that. So I walked right and I'm like, what do you not want to say here? And my older brother was like, oh, well, last night my TV went on in the middle of the night and it was on a channel that we weren't watching before we went to bed, and it just kind of scared me a little bit, which is what he said and then as we got older, he told us it turned onto like a really scary movie, Like the TV went on to just this really scary movie on a channel that they weren't watching before they went to bed, in just the middle of the night. M Yeah, and he was like, I I guess he got really freaked out by that. And my dad didn't tell us this until way later. But that same night he had heard the same footprints going up and down the stairs and he thought somebody was trying to break into the motel and or he thought somebody had broken in.
Speaker 3: So he got out of bed and was.
Speaker 4: Like looking around and he slept on the couch that night because he thought somebody was like breaking in or trying to break in, because he could hear like footprints with somebody or like the sound of somebody walking around the hotel.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was just all the same night thing.
Speaker 1: That place sounds huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really big. It was like really weird that we just happened to find this place. It was like basically a town home, not a hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, okay, I want to know more about this place. We're gonna have to figure this one out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was the that was like the really distinct thing because I remember that so vividly because it was so freaky. You just kind of expected somebody to be on the other side of that door, right, like you could see the shadow of them. I could pretty much see like their feet on the other side of the door.
Speaker 1: Oh, so, what are your other experiences?
Speaker 4: So I use the Ouiji board a lot, and in college I had kind of convinced my friends like try it out, and I was like, it's not freaky, Like you've got a lot of answers, Like if you're trying to figure something out, it's really cool and you can kind of tell, like when you do it, if the spirit you're communicating with is like a bad spirit or a good spirit. Like as soon as you get that connection, that initial hey, is somebody here and it moves to Yes, you just get a vibe in the room.
Speaker 1: But what if it's somebody that's doing an impression of a good person?
Speaker 4: See I've kind of thought of that before, but like you can just kind of tell, like you just get like a vibe, like like an energy vibe, like I don't know, like an uneasiness, especially if it's like we've gotten times where like, oh, are you a good spirit? But we feel uneasy about them, so we say no to them. So I feel like spirits can pretend, but I can't. I feel like if you like can pick up on like the energy of them, like they're not going to fool you.
Speaker 1: Okay. So now this is me just truly curious about all different kinds of people's beliefs. When you are doing something like that, who do you think is answering? Like do you think that it's like a spirit that is just hovering over the world and can see everything? Or who do you think, like what is the reasoning behind that? Cause if you're just asking, like, can someone tell me is this a yes or no question? Like, so you're not directly contacting somebody, So who are you? Who are you hoping you're talking to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like so I get that, Like that's kind of a question I'm interested in figuring out myself.
Speaker 3: And about two weeks.
Speaker 4: Ago, me and my roommate were doing it and Luigi Boyd was not responding to any of my questions, but it was only responding to her questions, and she decided to start asking like kind of just these like oddball out there questions about like kind of like what this thing is that we're talking to, and it responded to her it said that it was like an extra extraterrestrial or something. No, it was from like another dimension or something like that. So it is this weird alien type vibe I guess I got from it. Yeah, so I don't know if maybe it's like a glimpse, like what is it like a glitch in the system or something like that with something from a different dimension talking to us. But I don't really know how that all works. Like, yeah, I've also definitely talked to like specific dead people before, so I don't really know. Like maybe it's like you're like fishing for ghosts and like the Uigi board is the bait and whatever bites the bait.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I don't know if you were ever around for this, but there was this wonderful thing that eventually turned into just a straight up porn thing. But it was it was chat Roulette.
Speaker 3: Did you ever oh that rock?
Speaker 4: I'm twenty two years old, Like I was in middle school when Chatroulette was a hot thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I was a little older than that, but when it first came out, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world because you could just you just sign onto this website and you just like scan around like you just get you know, somebody pops up from a different country and you can just like talk to them and then like sometimes they X out of you, you X out of them, you go to the next person. Then it just have a bunch of dicks. Literally, that's kind of what it feels like, where you're like, all right, who's who's here to talk? And it might be like a demon, it might be like a person that is dead, or it could be I don't know, some other entity that sees all. But you never know what you're gonna get. But what I get afraid of when you're doing a oigi board is that you might end up with a creepy pervert or I mean, like the wrong person, the one that you're not looking for.
Speaker 3: Didn't you have.
Speaker 4: A wigi board that brought like a demon into your house and would tap on the walls and stuff like I.
Speaker 1: Think so, but I never used it. It was that was just a demon that came with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just like I feel like anything could be haunted type thing or they can. They say, quote unquote, it's like a haunted board.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, I kind of like the idea that if you like go into like a wigi board session or like even like a seance or anything like that with good intentions and good energy, that you'll get good intentions and.
Speaker 3: Good energy out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I feel like a lot of people going really scared and fearful of it. So like maybe that's why, like the anxiety kind of like summons like these like spooky entities to come and.
Speaker 5: Freak people out.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm an Aquarius, so nothing really bothers me like that, and I just go into the.
Speaker 3: Very open mind.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for talking with me. You're a delight. Oh my god, I am here with Heather High Heather.
Speaker 2: Where are you, hi, Rod, I'm in Houston, Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it. You sent me this. You send me this email. You have like so many stories of the paranormal variety, and I want to hear all about them.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's It truly runs in a family.
Speaker 6: It's funny because when people come into my family, like they get married in and things like that, like the like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Ready, there's gonna be some goats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is getting used to it?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you grew up in a haunted home.
Speaker 6: So when I was growing up, my parents and I I'm an only child. So the three of us lived in this apartment and next door to our apartment, the apartment next door that had like the adjoining wall, a man had committed suicide in there, and so some of the people that lived in that apartment they would see like orbs and all kinds of things in the apartment. So when I was like about two, I think I was like a little busy kit and my parents said that I was standing there and I was like talking to something on the wall, and they were trying.
Speaker 2: To figure out what I was doing.
Speaker 6: And I opened up my arms and like started running to it like I was going to hug somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and I was.
Speaker 2: I just think, So it's been like my entire tea of the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so long were you there at that?
Speaker 6: So we were in that apartment complex for nineteen years and.
Speaker 2: Then but we changed from that apartment.
Speaker 6: We moved into a larger apartment right down like the hallway when I was about like four, But that other apartment was like pretty creepy too, Like and you know, like when you're somewhere and you just always feel like somebody's watching you, but there's nobody there. And yeah, like my border colliague that we had at the time, Tina, she would like look up in the corners of the walls and start like barking and freaking out and like running hide under the bed. And she was really like a very tame, little, like really sweet dog. But when she would do that, like if we would try to pull her out from under the bed, she would try to bite us because she was so afraid of whatever she was.
Speaker 2: Seeing, but we couldn't see it, you know. Yeah, I was like, really creepy.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was that same guy the whole time?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: In a way, I think so.
Speaker 6: But then in a way, I feel like, like myself and like some of my mom and like some of my other family, I feel like that type of thing is like drawn to us, maybe because we do believe in it so much that I don't know if it was like, but it definitely whatever was at our old place, it definitely felt like not of the nice cast for the really ghost variety.
Speaker 2: It was definitely mean. It was definitely like sinister for some reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys have premonitions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that far is really creepy.
Speaker 6: I mean that the ghost are not creevy, but like a lot like myself, my mom, one of my cousins, like, we all get like these really weird premonitions, and it's really bad because like most of the time it is not of like it's not like us winning the lottery, right, it's like bad unfortunately, like the like the first time I had it, I kept having a dream that like that my teeth were falling out, yes, right, And so I started reading and like one of the things that I read was that it meant somebody was gonna die. And so for like three nights I had that dream in a row, and all of a sudden, like my uncle had been in the hospital, but he was like they said he was getting better and that everything was fun. So I kept having that dream and I was like really scared, and but I was like, no, it was just my.
Speaker 2: Imagination, it's not anything.
Speaker 6: And then the following so I had it for three nights and then the following night they called and my uncle had taken a turn for the worst and he passed away. And so that was like really bad because that was like the first like really bad one that I had, and so that and then.
Speaker 2: It was crazy because like a couple of.
Speaker 6: Days later, I was standing in the room and I felt somebody tap me on his shoulder and I thought that it was my husband and I looked and like he was nowhere to be found, and so it was really weird.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of yeah, it was really weird.
Speaker 6: But I like my uncle is still around us because like my cousin still sees him at at his old house because my cousin now has he was given the house in in my uncle's will, so he has my uncle's house and so he still sees my uncle like there, and like some of my other family members will see him. So it's really like he's really connected to us, but he lives in Tennessee. So but like when I go there, like I feel like he's still there. And then like the last bad, really bad one that I had, I had a premonition that well, I had a dream that this like this demon looking thing came in the room and grabbed my my dog which was like my bab.
Speaker 2: Like his name is Barkley, and he was like my like he was like my furry son.
Speaker 7: Like I don't have.
Speaker 2: Children, so he was like my child.
Speaker 6: And I had I had a dream that this creature came and took Barkley and ran out the window and I was screaming at it. And then like a couple of weeks later, like Barkley started getting sick and I started having like all these crazy, weird dreams and he ended up. He ended up, like it was like a whole long ordeal, but he ended up passing away. But it was crazy because he had had like all these weird like like all this weird stuff was going on while he was sick, and.
Speaker 2: So that last night he started like he had a brain tumor.
Speaker 6: So it was kind of like about a month of like really like hell like on Earth with us with him.
Speaker 2: And it was horrible. But so he had ended up.
Speaker 6: It was so weird because last night we were like, it's so weird, like this whole thing is so weird. But we were watching Coco together and I was telling him.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, maybe if.
Speaker 6: You have to go, you go ahead without me, but you have to visit because I'll be really sad without you.
Speaker 2: And the next morning he passed away.
Speaker 6: But it's so weird because he still comes to the house, like we still see.
Speaker 1: Him, like physical him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so like I'll see shadows, like I'll see like little shadows on the fun like running down the hall, and like my husband has physically seen him a couple of times, like he actually physically seen him. It was on March fourteenth. It was actually it was actually like a couple of weeks ago we saw him because that was his birthday. And it was so weird because like I don't know if it's just like the energy, like we're talking about him all day, and like we were talking about him all day and my husband like physically saw him when we were when I fell asleep, he saw him like standing at the end of my like by my feet.
Speaker 2: On the bed. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's crazy like then, like every time that we're thinking about him or something's going on, like the lights start to go out, like the light bulbs will go out in the house.
Speaker 2: Like it's crazy.
Speaker 6: Like it's always like a significant like day like or like a significant time.
Speaker 2: So when it was like my birthday week like.
Speaker 6: We had like six of the lights went out all like that whole week and like within like two days, and then like it's just really weird, like and then when he passed away, Yeah, like when he passed away, it got to the point my mom was telling me that I needed to call an electrician because like so many lights were going out and I was like, no, it's Barkley because I kept telling him to give me signs.
Speaker 2: But it was like, yeah, it's really weird.
Speaker 6: But then, like like for six months, I was like truly depressed because of these dreams and premonitions, right, so I was I went to a therapist, Like it got so bad. I went to a therapist and she went to her priest to find out why I was having premonitions. Like it was like a whole thing, right, And so it was so weird. So he ended up like we were seeing like we had like it was really weird, like the just like we were having like all.
Speaker 2: These dreams and things about him after he passed away.
Speaker 6: And so one night I had a dream that he came to me and he told me that he was going to have to go away for a while, and he was going to leave he was gonna he was gonna be around, but he was going to be gone for a while. And in the dream there was a bunch of puppies around him. And the next day, Yeah, it's so weird. So right before I d say, right before he passed away, he had to stay in the vet because he was getting treatment, and he scratched his nose and at the end of his nose it was shaped like the shape of a heart. And when he passed away, he had a big like a big sword that was shaped like this, like the shape of a heart. Well, so I had a dream that he told me he had to leave and that there was gonna be some puppy, that there were puppies around. So the next day I found this puppy online and I was like, well, if it's meant to be, when I go to see this puppy, I'm gonna have a sign. Rose.
Speaker 2: We walked in the room and.
Speaker 6: There was a picture of a dog, a painting that looked just like Barkley on the thing on the wall where we were adopting this puppy. The puppy comes out to meet us, and she has a birthmark in the shape of a heart on her nose and the place.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will send you, I will, I will send you pictures.
Speaker 1: And it's so weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the funny thing is Barkley. He was a Chihuaha, so he kind of had a little attitude.
Speaker 6: So I called him sickle Pickle all the time, like sickle Pickle was his nickname. And the doctor that adopted this puppy to us, the bet she has like an adoption agency, and she her name was doctor Pickle. Yes, it's so weird, and all this came from this dream him right, but yeah, so like all of those things, and.
Speaker 2: Then like we have I don't know how the time we have, but like wait.
Speaker 1: How does you're a dog now? Like ever interact with Barkley when he comes back to visit, you know what?
Speaker 6: Sometimes like she will like just like randomly like bark at like nothing, especially at night because at night when we are in, when we're in, like when we're in our bed, like that.
Speaker 2: Seems to be like where we skill him more.
Speaker 6: And actually I talked to a psychic and the psychic because like one day I actually saw the sheets move like he was underneath the sheets. Oh, like you know what I'm saying, Like that type of movement right, and it was like, you know, like the height of a chuahua.
Speaker 2: Like it was really weird.
Speaker 6: And I was like, it's still, like it was really freaking After that, I burned stage because it just kind of scared me.
Speaker 2: That's like that.
Speaker 6: But so I talked to a psychic and the psychic actually told me, like, you him more in the bed, like when you're going to sleep, and I was like, yeah, we actually kind of do. And so it's funny because Poppy, my dog, now she will like bark and stuff at things like in the bed and there's like nothing there, and so sometimes I feel like she.
Speaker 2: Does know him or like knows that he's around, you know. So it's kind of weird. But he definitely still like he listened to his mom. I told him to come.
Speaker 6: Back, and he does.
Speaker 1: This is definitely the first chihuahua ghost we have ever had.
Speaker 2: This show was very very special.
Speaker 9: So wait, okay, let's touch on a couple more that you told me there was your husband seeing your dead aunt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, so my it was this is weird too, well, I mean yeah, because so my aunt who is the what's the wife of my uncle that I had the premonition about passing away my aunt Francis.
Speaker 2: So we had went to Sedona and we had walked around, like you know, all the places that they say are spiritual and stuff.
Speaker 6: But I really didn't, like, I didn't really feel weird or anything there like some people say they do. And so we had walked around and everything, and so that night when we went to sleep, my husband got up and went to the restroom. Stuff came back, and when he came back, he saw my aunt and my mom's best friend who was like an aunt to me. They didn't know each other in life, but that they were both like aunt figures. One was my blood an and the other was my friend that was like an aunt. And they were standing there like over me, and he could only see like part of them, like like their head and like torso and they.
Speaker 2: But the weird thing was was that next to my aunt was a baby.
Speaker 6: And it was so weird because like about two months later, my cousin, who that aunt that was, that would have been his grandmother. He ended up him and his fiance we're having.
Speaker 1: A baby, oh wow.
Speaker 2: And it was so weird because one of my other cousins too, she which was his sister.
Speaker 6: She had a dream that my aunt had a baby with her. But with my husband, it wasn't a dream. It was he was awake and he saw them standing there, but they had Yeah.
Speaker 2: She had a baby, and so it was really weird, like and there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get these premonitions, does it make you, like, especially now that you've had so many that have like come true, do you how do you feel when you get them? Do you feel like you need to alert the person or like, you know, do you do anything about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So now like I'm like now I'm a little bit more into tune with it.
Speaker 2: But like like for.
Speaker 6: Example, like last but sometimes I can't tell the exact person.
Speaker 2: I just know something bad is coming.
Speaker 6: Like last year, I had like a really bad zoning for like days, and like just like if I had to describe it.
Speaker 2: Like kind of like dread, just like what is around me? Like something is around me.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is, right, And in that case, one of my best friends was very, very sick and she had to be hospitalized. She's fine now, thank god, but like at the time I didn't know like it was her. But yeah, so like sometimes a lot of times I'll get them, Like when we're driving somewhere, I'll get like a thought, Like when one day we were driving and like it was early in the morning and we were doing a road trip and it was like three in the morning, and something told me like, if we get in a wrecout here, nobody's gonna find us for a long time.
Speaker 2: Because it was kind of like on the back roads. And I told my husband. I was like, slow down. I don't know why, but just flow down. And so he was like, okay, he listens, now, yeah he So.
Speaker 6: He slowed down and we turned a corner and as soon as we turned the corner, this huge deer was right in.
Speaker 2: The middle of the road and I was like, oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So now when it's that kind of stuff, especially like that, because one time I kept having that feeling and I didn't listen and we ended up getting into a rick. So now I'm like, if you have that feel, anybody, stay your butt home. Yeah, you know. So now like I listen, and it's like if I can tell that it's about somebody, like I will tell.
Speaker 2: Them, but I haven't. Like sometimes I think like.
Speaker 6: I have that ability naturally, but I know, like if I tried to do like meditation and stuff like, I feel that it would get stronger, but then I'm kind of afraid.
Speaker 1: You know, you're your husband's grandmother came to see you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my husband grandmother. We called her Nana, So Nana.
Speaker 6: I actually knew Nana before I knew my husband because I worked in a store and she would always come in the store to get craft things and stuff like that. She was like a real cute little grandma and so I knew her from there, and then I met my husband and realized that that was his grandmother.
Speaker 2: I had you for a year, known for her like forever.
Speaker 6: So she ended up passing away, and when she passed away, she had like Alzheimer's and she had been very sick. So it was so weird because the night she passed away, I had a dream that we were in the store that I met her like that I worked at and that I was like, well, Nana, you probably don't remember me, but I love you, because she didn't remember anybody, and she kind of came and kissed my forehead and was like, no, I'll always remember you. So that same night, my my husband Saul saw her. Actually he's standing over the bed like he saw like when he saw my aunt and my other my other friend of the family. So he saw her like that again, like that type of vision where it was like her like down to like her torso area and her face and it was like she was coming to tell him by well.
Speaker 2: So it was so weird because she.
Speaker 6: Loved that Pleasures perfume, right that say alter one, so like that was like her favorite perfume, and we'd buy it for her for Mother's Day and and Christmas and every occasion, like that's all that's what she always wanted. So like we would wake up for like a couple of days after she died, we would wake up and smell that perfume like somebody had just swilled a whole bottle.
Speaker 2: In the in the bedroom. Like it was so weird.
Speaker 6: And we always like when that would happen, we'd be like, oh my God, like Nan is here with us right, Like it was so strange.
Speaker 1: Wait, did your husband was he the kind of person that had these experiences before he met you? Because it sounds like you said a lot since met you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, like when we first get together and I would talk about it and like I first, like started telling him about prominitions. I don't I mean not any thought that I was like crazy, but I think he was kind of like, well, that's weird, you know. But then as we've been together, it's almost like I've rubbed off on him, and like he gets that side because I pray, like I always always pray that I don't see things because like it freaks me out enough with premonitions and like the feelings and stuff, so I'm always like, please.
Speaker 1: Guy, don't give me the visions.
Speaker 2: Because I will like have a stroke or something like I'm terrified.
Speaker 6: So I feel that since we've been together, like he kind of gets that side, and like we validated off of each other because like when especially like when Barkley died, like he I would see like laying on me, and like he would feel like he had thought Barkley that night.
Speaker 2: Too, and then he'd be like I felt he was here last night.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh my god, so did I, you know, and like all these feelings like we comvalidate each other's and but I feel that he's gotten it more like he's kind of because we've been together for like twenty three years, so I think I've rubbed off. Yeah, so like I'm rubbed off on him.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me one last story. Yeah, what is the story of the haunted hotel with your family?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: So so we were going to I don't know if you've ever been to San Antonio, but it's like.
Speaker 2: Super haunted, right yeah. Okay, so like the Alamo and all of that.
Speaker 6: Right, So there's a lot of hotels in that area that are known for that, and people go because they know that it's haunted. Right.
Speaker 2: So I don't like, like I think you've said this on the show, like you don't like to sleep where you think it's haunted.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I waking me up.
Speaker 6: No, okay, me and you ros were the same because I'm like, I want to go during the day. I want to look at it, I want to learn about it, I want to experience it, and then I want to go to my nice little room that's peaceful and nobody's.
Speaker 2: Going to be around me, right exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So at this particular time, we went in this hotel that we stayed at. We've stayed out like probably five times before that we had stayed and never had any weird experiences.
Speaker 2: It's nearer the Alamo and near that area, but not.
Speaker 6: As close to some of these other ones that have this on it history around them, right, So I'd never heard a story about it, never experienced it.
Speaker 2: So this particular time we.
Speaker 6: Go and when we're walking down, we get our room key and we're walking down to our room and come to find out this is in a separate section than we had ever stayed before. Normally we stayed in this other area. This time the area we were staying in. When we turned and walked the other that way toward the new room, I was like, Okay, something's weird here, Like you know, like you feel cold all of a sudden, and it was like summer in Houston, I mean, toyo whatever, So it wasn't It was not cold in there. So and then like the hair, you know, like your hair is like, oh my god, what's going on. So we go into the room and it just did it still right, But I was like, Okay, I'm just imagining things.
Speaker 2: It's fine. So we put our bags down and then we.
Speaker 6: We left to go eat and we come back, and when we came back, it still felt like something was there and something wasn't right.
Speaker 2: So as every time, like we would come and go throughout the day, throughout.
Speaker 6: The afternoon and night, and it just like it felt like somebody was watching us in there, Like it felt like something was there.
Speaker 2: So that night when we went to.
Speaker 6: Bed, I laid down and like I woke up and it was like around midnight or so. I woke up and I was like something like something is there, And you know you have that feeling where you're like, I'm not gonna look, because if I looked, there's something.
Speaker 2: There, right, No, no, no, no, no, I was waiting.
Speaker 6: No, I was awake, and like I grabbed the No, I've never had that thing, cud and you scare me.
Speaker 2: When I listened to you, I'm like, I'm not listening to me. I know I'm not having no.
Speaker 6: So I was like I reached over and I grabbed the blanket and I put it over my head because I was like, I'm not looking.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking. Just go to bed, just lay back down. It's fine.
Speaker 6: So the next morning I wake up and my mom is standing over my like over my face.
Speaker 2: She's like, wake up, I have to tell you something.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I already know what it's about. I've got to take a shower. If you tell me, I'm not going to go in that bathroom myself, So just wait. So I made her wait until.
Speaker 2: I got ready, and I came back out and I was like, okay, what happened?
Speaker 6: And so she told me, Like, so there was a movie on at that time, so we were kind of able to piece together who woke up first based.
Speaker 2: On a movie.
Speaker 6: So because the TV was on or whatever, So I woke up first, and I thought like something was there.
Speaker 2: So then my mom woke up.
Speaker 6: And she woke up and she felt like something was hitting the end of the bed, like ramming into the bed, and like it was like the bed was like the only wall that the beds were on.
Speaker 2: Oh, because me and.
Speaker 8: My mom and dad and my husband were all sharing a room, so we were all sharing the room and so there were two double beds and the headboards of the bed were the only thing touching the walls, right, So like it couldn't have been like a water false or you know, like a water pipe or something, because the wall wasn't touching that side of the bed.
Speaker 6: So something was ramming into the bed. So she wakes up and she feels like something is like over her, like just like coming at her. So she gets she's trying to remember because like because of as you can tell, we've had experiences. So we always travel like with the Bible, Like we always have a Bible with us everywhere we go. So which and I'm not like a very I'm not like a religious person, but I consider myself like spiritual.
Speaker 2: More than like religious or whatever.
Speaker 6: So always always her Bible. So she was she wanted to get her Bible out, but it was at the end of the bed. It was like over towards the foot of the bed, like on the wall, and she couldn't like across like the hallway from where this thing was, so she would have to pass this thing and go across the hall to get to her suitcase. Oh so she was like no, yeah, so she remembered, you know how they put like the bibles in some of the nightstands at the hotels or whatever. So she opened the drawer and there was a Bible in there. So my grandma, like when my mom was growing up her this is like a long story, but her father, my mom's father, had committed suicide in their house and my grandfather's so when my mom was like twelve, so they would always see things in the house. So some of the some of the church people in town had told my grandma like certain verses to read to like get rid of like spirits and things like that, and it's like some things and psalms. So my mom started reading it, and as she was reading it, this thing was still like someone like it was coming after her. But she kept going and going, and it finally like started to get less and less, and so she just kept reading it until it went away. And it was weird because you know how you hear like people say like if if the spirit's like coming after you, like the people around won't wake.
Speaker 2: Up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, like she was trying to like get my dad to wake him up because he was right there and he would not wake up. And he's a light sleeper, so it was really weird because my dad will wake up with any little noise. But so so anyway, so she ended up like it went away and she was able to sleep. So a little while after that, my husband woke up. So my husband woke up and he heard like it sounded like something like papers wrestling like at the door, and.
Speaker 2: He was like, what is that? But It was like like.
Speaker 6: Around three in the morning when he woke up and he was like, what is that. So he kept hearing it and it sounded like somebody like coming at the door. But so at first he thought it was like, you know, like some of the hotels would put like your your your receipt or your your reservation or your information underneath the door.
Speaker 2: They slided under the door, but with your bill or whatever.
Speaker 6: But it wasn't like it was way early for that. So he goes over to the door and he looks and there's nothing there. So he opens up the door and he's hearing something at the door. He opens the door and there's nothing there, Like the whole hall is clear. So yeah, it was really weird. So that morning we called well like after we checked out, because we didn't want to ask them in person because we didn't want to look really weird. So as soon as we checked out, we called back and my mom talked to the front desk and she was like, ma'am, I was just wondering if you guys have had ever had any paranormal activity reported in your hotel.
Speaker 2: And the lady says, why, certainly, ma'am. All the time actually I know right.
Speaker 6: She's like, we have a procedure where if you call and complain about if anybody complains about ghosts, we go and we sprinkle holy water and we we put oil and we burned some candles in there, and she was like, you know which room are you in, and.
Speaker 2: We'll go take care of it. And I was like, Okay, if you have a ghost procedure like that needs to.
Speaker 6: Be on the front page of your website exactly like.
Speaker 2: We take we allow dogs. And by the way, we have a procedure.
Speaker 1: Your dad just slept right through it like a baby. Everyone else only one yes.
Speaker 6: But you know the crazy thing, I mean, all of it's crazy. But the weird thing is I wrote about it. I had written about it online because I had a blog that I was writing, and I've had like three other people reach out to me and tell me they had like similar versions of that story in the same section of that hotel. Weird It's called La Mansion del Rio.
Speaker 2: And the weird thing is, Okay, when we stayed there, it was like this has been years back. When we were there, it was actually like a boutique hotel that was like privately owned or whatever. Well then the Omni bought it, so when we stayed there, they were very like upfront like, oh yeah, we have this, this is the thing, we have it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And then but now the people that have taught that have written to me, they've actually reached out to me because ever since for some reason, since Omni bought it, like they're like, oh no, there's nothing we don't know about that. But it's crazy because the people that have reached out to me actually reached out to me because they felt like they were going crazy and.
Speaker 2: They started searching the internet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and when they started searching, they found me because I had written about it, and so I was like, oh, no, you're not crazy.
Speaker 2: They're just not telling you the truth right now. Right, it's really weird. I know.
Speaker 6: There's a ghost in my house.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, special thank you to Tyler, Tyler, Elise and Heather for sharing those stories today. I love it. And if you would like to be on a Listener episode, send me an email ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com and just write listener episode in the subject line and maybe we can get you in the next one. Guys, thank you so much for listening to the show. You can find me on venmo at Queen Roz I'm on Cameo Roz dress Fales Instagram, Roz dress Flues. Join the Facebook group Ghosted by Roz dress Fales. If you have a ghost story, you can leave it there, or you can leave it in a five star review on Apple Podcast or just give us five stars. It helps out the show, you know what. Also tell your friends about the show. I know the people are looking for things to get their minds off of what's going on in the world, and it's nice to to kind of think about something else, like ghosts. You know what. Next week, I've got a really fun episode with another celebrity friend. I've got Busy Phillips joining me, so you know that's going to be a good time. I can't wait to talk to you then, so have a great week. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 6: Came Back
Speaker 1: Star a podcast network