Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Wednesday, October sixteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we are a little bit preoccupied with baseball. It's me and your man, nam J Marcus Grand joined by Michael aff Florio and Lakwan Jones, and at least two of us are hoping for the World Series. We got some things to talk about on today's show, not the least of which is whether or not show Hey, Otani is going to be the lunchpin for what happens in the next two games of the NLCS next three games I guess of the NLCS whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, because of that, maybe on the after show.
Speaker 3: I'm getting filled with anxiety just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to I just wanted to throw a Florio off for the rest of the show. So now he's got Otani in his head the whole time. Mean, while Lakuan is just chilling without any of.
Speaker 4: These sorts of worries, he just gets to Yeah, I'm just watching you guys go back and forth at it, and you know, I'm just on my free trial of being a Dodgers fan, so I can't really chime in and talk to track.
Speaker 5: Too, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Good Dodgers one of us until you truly get the October heartbreak.
Speaker 2: Anyway, enough of that, onto the football stuff.
Speaker 1: We have a week seven slate on tap, also giving you our fantasy hot takes for the week. But let's get started, as we normally do with some fantasy headlines. We had a couple of big trades go down on Tuesday that we have not yet had a chance to get too, so let's dive into them right here. DeVante Adams no longer a Raider, he goes from Las Vegas to New York. At the same time, he snatches the number seventeen off Malachai Corley's back as he's now a member of the New York Jets, reunited this old pal Aaron Rodgers. So simple question, Florio on the Jet side of things, who are the winners and losers? Here?
Speaker 6: The winners are DeVante Adams and Aaron Rodgers. The losers is probably everyone else. I still think like Garrett Wilson is usable in fantasy. I think he'll still be He'll be good, but he is not going to be the on question number one target in more, He's gonna have Now a guy who brings a twenty five to thirty percent target share, who has the rapport with Aaron Rodgers already. Who what Aaron Rodgers was lenning him stay at his house? That's how close those two are. So yeah, I think Errett Wilson turns down a bit. I think Tyler Conklin is unusable now.
Speaker 3: I think Alan.
Speaker 6: Lazard might pop here or there, but not to the point where you could trust him anymore in fantasy. And I think Breesce Hall kind of stays the same, probably a little bit less pass game usage, but the running lanes will be a lot bigger now because you have to worry about two stud wide receivers.
Speaker 2: He is seeing light boxes.
Speaker 1: Breecee Hall is light boxes on about forty percent or so of his rushing attempts. That number might even go down now that you got to deal with both Garrett Wilson and Devonte Adams in this offense. LaQuan on the other side of things. For the Raiders, who wins Who loses here?
Speaker 7: I think nobody really. I mean the offense is going to be struggling now even more without the Vante Adams being that he is now for wide receiver that demands all the tacking game planning, but Jacoby Myers ends up being, you know, the wide receiver one on another struggling offense with a low tier quarterback play. I mean, how quickly did they turn into the Patriots offense? So I think Jacoby Myers should fill right at home. But the good thing here is is if you have Jacoby Myers, he has reliable hands. He's a slot wide receiver that can also play out wide, which I think he'll play a lot, but as you can see, he could be a dynamic player on an offense that can really elevate the things.
Speaker 5: So he brings a high target share and I really feel.
Speaker 7: As though he's still somewhat of a flex option, but you'll definitely have to play him based on matchup because I'm not quite sure Aidan O'Connell or Gardner Minshew will be able to be dependent on for him to have the real high fantasy ceiling weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, I like Trey Tucker kind of as a deep sleeper too. Is a guy who had a good preseason and we've seen him get some opportunities here. But basically it feels like the Raiders are just going to build the whole plane out of rock powers for the rest of the season. Like last year we had a rookie finished as the tight end number one, we could end up having a rookie finish his tight end number one again this year with Brock Bauers getting a lot of opportunities. Other big trade that is relevant to fantasy the Buffalo Bills make the move, so the Jets.
Speaker 2: They play. The Jets and Bills play on Monday Night. Buffalo wins a close one.
Speaker 1: The Jets go out and make a trade for Devontae Adams, and the Bills are like, I bet, and.
Speaker 2: They go and they get. They go get Amari Cooper from the Cleveland Browns. Uh laquon.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you this because I asked this for Florida. We're gonna be here for the next half hour. Who are the winners and losers for the Bills in this trade fantasy wise?
Speaker 7: Honestly, the Bills as a whole is a huge winner here getting somebody like Amury Cooper, which is an alpha wide receiver, which we saw you know, previous seasons before with Stefan Diggs fell.
Speaker 5: In that role.
Speaker 7: But the biggest winner to me honestly, is Kalo Shakira. A lot of people are saying, Oh, he's gonna drop down in targets, he's gonna be a guy that's gonna be on the waiver wire next week, blah blah blah. But this only lets him get a little bit more healthier and he still remains a.
Speaker 5: Crucial part of this offen.
Speaker 7: We saw Josh Allen complete nine passes in the game that Shakir was out with injury, so therefore he still maintains a role. Josh Allen's never going to quit that slot position. He's never going to quit a guy that has reliable hands over ninety percent of a catch rate. You're not just going to ignore that just because you have a new toy in the building. Where honestly, this is just going to create more scoring opportunities for this offense. This is going to get Josh Allen back to that QB one tier of where we can depend on him as a quarterback one week to week. So this offense just got completely better than what it was in previous weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think without a doubt.
Speaker 1: We talked on this show not long ago about what happens when you take Khalil Shakir out of the offense and the havoc it causes. So now you have another weapon in Amari Cooper. I think it only makes it better. It makes Josh Allen better as well. Florio now with a MARII Cooper there in Buffalo, no longer in Cleveland. I know Nick Chubb is coming back, but are we just kind of done with the Browns in fantasy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: There is one Browns player I would feel case starting and it's David and Joko and that's it.
Speaker 3: And that's because he should get more. He was already in the.
Speaker 6: Number two target when he was playing behind Amari Cooper. Now with Cooper, like Cooper was top five in the NFL and targets and air yards, so there were opportunities going his way. Look, they were very poor throws and stuff, but I think now the volume will go to in Djoku. And it's what we say all the time, the bar for success that tight end is so much lower than at other positions that I think he is worth taking a shot on. I don't want to do it with Jerry Judy or Elijah Moore. And no way am I ever trusting Deshaun Watson and Nick Chubb. I want to take a wait and see approach with so like in week seven, it's in Joku or buster for me in Cleveland, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It is bleak in Cleveland. Offensively.
Speaker 1: You know, the people are celebrating because the Browns were able to convert a third down. Like that's where we are just converting a third gun into first down a sort of cause for celebration with the Browns offense.
Speaker 2: That is bad?
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's spin ahead into week seven. We got two teams on a buy this week. The Bears and the Cowboys are off, so a couple quarterbacks, some tight ends of notes Coco Met and Jake Ferguson not available, and some wide receivers notably gone as well. But reviewing Thursday Night Football, it's the Broncos and the Saints. You can see that game a fifteenth pm Eastern on Amazon. I guess it's a revenge game for Sean Payton. I don't know, we'll see, but I will ask you this, Florio. Maybe this is because Adam Rank has been putting this thought into my head.
Speaker 2: Are we sleeping on bon Knicks.
Speaker 6: Now? Like bon Nicks is playing well for real life purposes, but I do love that he is running in fantasy. Like he has three games this year with twenty five or more rushing yards sixty one last week, and to Ranks point, he does have multiple passing touchdowns in each of the last two, but he has five passing touchdowns on this season. He is yet to reach two hundred and fifty passing yards in a game. Most of his games are in the high one hundred, low two two hundred range. So like in this week, I could make a case for him as a sleeper against this Saints defense, but he is still far from a player that I think you feel comfortable throwing into your line.
Speaker 1: More rushing touchdowns than Jalen Hurts and Kyler Murray this year for bo Nick for what it's worth. Yeah, I keep trying to look at this thing and squint and seeing if I can make the same case that Rank is, and I can't completely do it. I feel like this might be a case of wishcasting because he probably has him like on a super flex team or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, moving ahead to Sunday, we got Patriots and the Jaguars. New England is going to Old England to play Jacksonville nine to thirty am. So you can see that game right here on NFL Network and NFL Plus subscriptions do apply for NFL Plus. Last week, Lakwan and we saw Drake May make his NFL debut through three touchdown passes against the Houston Texans.
Speaker 2: Would you start Drake May?
Speaker 1: Let's keep it to like super flex two QB leads, let's not get you look at one leads.
Speaker 2: Would you start Drake May in like multiple QB formats?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he could be a candidate to be a starter this week.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: And honestly, we're looking at Drake May and I honestly feel like he can build off of this game that he had last week in his first start, put up twenty fantasy points, just under twenty fantasy points.
Speaker 5: But the dude put up two.
Speaker 7: Hundred and forty three passing yards. That's more yards than Jacoby Myers has put in any game this season. He hasn't even touched the two hundred yard mark. And he also put up three touchdowns the two interceptions. Okay, he's a rookie, but more so I'm looking at him how he's operating in this pocket, being able to get out of that pocket, get out of trouble is very good for a guy that you're gonna want to get those rushing yards to be a candidate to be in your starting lineups. I mean, as soon as he calls hike, he's seeing his offensive line jerseys just come full speed out of It's like, how can he do anything? But it's more so when you have a guy to be able to get out of the pocket like that, and you have reliable receivers like a Hunter Henry and a d Mario Douglas. These guys can create separation and keep these drives alive and getting the first downs.
Speaker 5: And Drake by using his leg as a huge plus man.
Speaker 7: So I could see me starting them in super flex this week, because I really am.
Speaker 2: I do think the rushing ability is sort of underrated.
Speaker 1: It's the thing that kind of got talked about during draft seat, like actual NFL draft season, that we haven't talked about a lot since, you know, the regular season started. Ran for more than eleven hundred yards combined in his last two seasons at North Carolina. So he's a guy who can certainly move those rushing yards we know are very very valuable when it comes to fantasy football, Lions and the Vikings, big matchup in the NFC North with a couple of quarterbacks that you know, I'm sort of middling, I think in the eyes of fantasy managers. But if you had to choose between Jared Goff and Sam Donald Florio, who you.
Speaker 6: Got h I think I would call Sam Donald in this one because it's very close.
Speaker 3: But I could see a.
Speaker 6: World where the Lions jump out in to a lead and then they rely more on Gibbs and Montgomery. The Vikings are going to struggle to run the ball against the Lions because every team has does rushing and receiving yards allowed to running backs this season, So I think Sam Donald is gonna have to throw out this week, and I think he's going to be in catchup mode. Golf, to me is the safer option, more of a safe floor. But if you're going for the upside, I think Donald is to play.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned how it's hard to run on the Lions.
Speaker 1: Also very curious as to what the Lions pass rush is going to be like now that Aiden Hutchinson is gone for the rest of this year. Can they get pressure consistently on Sam Donald If not, he stands back there and carves him up with Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison, which should be a fun game to watch for sure. We got a rematch of the Super Bowl coming up this week, the Chiefs heading to Santa Clair to take on the forty nine Ers the Q One. Obviously, the big story this year with the Chiefs has just been that the offense has not been particularly great. Travis Kelsey has sort of come to life the last couple of weeks. But after Kelsey, which Chiefs do you feel comfortable started?
Speaker 7: I mean, look, I feel uncomfortable with all of them, but I'm actually comfortable starting Kareem Hunt being that they gave him twenty eight touches last week. I mean, Vying will always remain king in my book, so I really appreciate that they were able to give him that many touches and help a lot of fantasy managers out. I mean, ugly production on the ground, but like I said, he's getting the vuyuing and there's not much any other Chiefs players outside of Travis Kelce that I can really hang my hat on and like be dependent on. But if I'm gonna look anywhere and possibly my roster is down depleted at the running back position, being in with all these injuries.
Speaker 5: And et cetera.
Speaker 7: But Kareem Hunt look good against the Saints. Like I said, ugly production when you look at the stat line, but honestly, he looked good to be coming off the couch and being able to put up some good fantasy points.
Speaker 2: We're sitting here talking about Kareem Hunt. Somewhere in the universe.
Speaker 1: Clyde Edwards de Lerland had a deep sad sigh. She's just like reuniting with old players rather than using and working with some of the guys that are currently on their roster. It should be a fun game. I don't know if it's gonna be a high score game. Both these defenses playing pretty well. It could be a Travis Kelce George Kittle showdown in this one. Time to talk about some sleepers for the week. LQ, who you got?
Speaker 7: It's a tight end I mean, honestly, the tight end.
Speaker 5: Streets are a little bit depleted as well.
Speaker 7: But Kayden has a great match up against the Ravens this week where they've been allowing a ton of production to the tight end position. And you know, he's a guy that's going to be on the field with ninety percent of the snaps, and as of late he's been earning his targets from Baker Mayfield. The chemistry is building there. So I think with this matchup against the Ravens, who've been allowing the most receiving yards and catches to tight ends, I think this is where he could really get busy in the middle of the field and possibly fall into the end zone for the first touchdown that the Ravens allowed to tight ends to seedon.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know quite as it's kept since week three. You nearly a twenty percent target share for Kate Ott in about sixteen percent of the air yards. Yes, Mike Evans Chris Godwin get a whole lot of the work, but Kate Atton getting some opportunity as well.
Speaker 2: Floria, who is your sleeper for the week.
Speaker 6: That I and you and Lakwan and anyone who really does this probably celebrated last week. Kamani Videll, he was a big sleeper for a lot of people coming into the season, finally got active last week, only four carries, but I like his past game usage as well. Two targets, forty yards and a touchdown. You see the touchdown catch right here. But my thinking is this was the first game for the Chargers coming off.
Speaker 3: Of a bye, so they were able to give JK.
Speaker 6: Dobbins what he had twenty five carries, and he was the primary back in the passing game. We know his long injury history and stuff.
Speaker 3: Are they going to be able to give him twenty seven touches a week? I have questions about that.
Speaker 6: So I do think we could see Kamani Vadell's workload increasing as we move forward. So he is certainly someone that I wanted my rosters, and I even started him in the league last week and that touchdown catch paid off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's a guy that I liked a lot after he was a healthy scratch early on. Sort of had to move on because I had injuries ahead, guys not performing, so I had to kind of drop him. You know, things that should have been brought to my attention, you know five weeks ago there, Jim Harball that you're gonna start using him back then.
Speaker 2: But whatever, for me, I'm going down to Carolina.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Andy Dalton as a sleeper this week because partially we're always picking on Ed Washington. Commander's defense, and partially because Andy Golton's been decent. I'm not gonna say he's been great, but multiple touchdown passes in three of the four games that he's played since he took over as Carolina's starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: This is a game that.
Speaker 1: Could sneakily be high scoring, mostly because neither of these defenses is particularly good. We know what Jaden Daniels is going to do against Carolina. He's gonna get his pass catchers involved, he's gonna run the football. But Andy Dalton could have some low end QB one vibes another one sort of like Drake May. I think if you're in a two QB league, you're absolutely playing him. The deeper leagues, if you're looking for one quarterback to help you out, Andy Dalton could be your guy.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we have some hot starts, guys that absolutely should be in line. Plus we are taking a look at some of the bigger games left on this week seven schedule.
Speaker 2: Stick around for more of the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 1: It's time to see who will deliver. Presented by Uber Eats, Guys that you cannot leave sitting on your bench this week and uh Lakwan who like, you're gonna going with a guy that looks like he's looking for back to back big performances.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go Tyler Algier Week six angry run winner. He needs another step there coming this week. Let's keep this train going hot against the Seahawks defense, who cannot stop the run. A ton of mistackles. They are bottom of the table when it comes to run defense, and Tyler Aljeer doesn't need much to eat. He's doing all this on a forty percent snap share. So therefore, Bijon Robson still remains the top guy there, but Tyler Aljier is heavily sleeped on. He is definitely a guy I want in my flex position this week.
Speaker 1: Just say, bottom of the table. What is this the Premier League? What's happening here.
Speaker 5: In there?
Speaker 2: Florio? Who do you like this week? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know what sport you guys were talking about in this version of football. I like Tony Pollard this week because Tony Pollard is everything that we were hoping he was last season when he was a first round pick in Fantasy, playing well over sixty percent of the snaps, averaging nineteen opportunities per game and that's led to him scoring fifteen or more fantasy points.
Speaker 3: In all but one game this season.
Speaker 6: And then he gets the Bills, who've allowed the second most fantasy points per game two running backs. They're up there in rushing yards, and they have allowed the most targets, catches, and receiving yards. They get torched by big plays on a weekly basis. And Tony Pollard is the Titans offense right now, so I think he is going to get plenty of volume. Even if they're trailing, They'll throw him the ball, especially with Tajy Spears banged up.
Speaker 3: He is just they must start running back right now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely love Tony Pollard this week. I also love George Kittle this week going for the forty nine ers against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: We talked a little bit about that game.
Speaker 1: Certainly you're starting Travis Kelcey on one side, and you're absolutely starting George Kittle, who is the tight end one at the moment on the other side. Kansas City the best possible matchups for tight ends this year, giving up almost eighteen fantasy points per game to the position. Kittle has at least four catches in every game this year, five touchdowns in his last four games. I think the Niners are going to lean on him very heavily and what should be an entertaining although I think it'll be sort of a lower scoring game. This won't be like we've seen with Niners Chiefs games in the past. Could be more of a defensive battle. But I think Kittle still going to have himself a pretty good day. That was Who Will Deliver presented by Uber Eats, where you can get the best deals on game day food all season long, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Order. Now all right, keep going to some of the big games.
Speaker 1: In Week seven, Sunday Night Football, the Jets at the Steelers in Florida. There is talk that Russell Wilson could get the started quarterback for Pittsburgh. Are you more willing to start a Steelers pass catcher even beyond just George Pickens with Russet QB Maybe.
Speaker 3: Moving forward, but not this week, Like I have George.
Speaker 6: Pickens as a sit this week because the Jets defense is really good, Like, look at what they have led to quarterbacks not named Josh Allen. They have helped them in check and a lot of what Allan did came on the ground with his legs. Pickens sees so much time out wide, which means it's Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid, and he primarily plays on the left side, which is Sauce Gardner's side.
Speaker 3: But the other thing to this is it's not like Russell.
Speaker 6: Wilson has been playing with them this whole time, Like he got hurt in August and missed a bunch of training camp. Then the Ones reps were going to justin fields. Even this week they're saying those two are going to be splitting reps with the Ones. So it might take a week or two for Russ to shake off the rust and to get that chemistry down with those other pass catchers.
Speaker 3: So in this matchup, I think you can play it safe.
Speaker 1: Very interesting to sort of watch how this goes. It feels kind of like Indianapolis one quarterbacks. The rusher we like starting him. The other quarterback maybe not so much we're starting, but we like his pass catchers.
Speaker 2: Two main night football.
Speaker 1: Games this week, Lakwan, we got the Ravens at the Buccaneers, and I'm asking for a Ravens tight end vibe.
Speaker 2: Check how we feeling.
Speaker 7: I'm still feeling like on the fence like I don't know, because honestly, Mark Andrews finally the end zone was such a great moment, like we celebrated it that week because he helped a lot of fantasy managers out, or he didn't because he was probably on somebody's bench. But more so, I need more than three catches from this guy. I need him to get back to form where we know that he can average five catches per game or seven targets per game, where he can be the focal point because Isaiah likely still out snapped him last week, and that's still bothering me. Where I know Mark Andrews could be the guy that can be the number one tight end in this league. It's just that we just don't know how his health is right now. That car accident over the summer might have played a huge role into why he's not.
Speaker 5: Playing the way he's playing.
Speaker 7: But at least we should have gotten that information before we went out there and draft him in the first four rounds.
Speaker 2: Would have been nice to know for sure.
Speaker 1: Other money night game, the Chargers at the Cardinals off Royal is kind of benchable this week, especially if we don't have Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 3: He is if you have another good option. That's the big caveat.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying a bench him for like Drake may or Spencer Rattler or Daniel Jones, whatever the flavor.
Speaker 3: Of the week was off the waiver wire. But if you paired Kyler with another quarterback like something.
Speaker 6: Like Jared Gofflet's day, which is something that was very possible in drafts, then I think it is okay to take that other rot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so far, it has not been the season I think a lot of us would have hoped for Kyler Murray averaging one hundred and ninety seven passing yards per game going against a defense that has been very, very good through the first month plus of the season. All Right, you can catch the rest of our Week seven previews over on NFL plus four Fantasy Extra. We will get through the rest of the games on the Week seven slate. But as we get ready to wrap things up last few minutes here, it is time to drive your line up presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get spicy here to close out the show.
Speaker 1: And Lakwan, I would acclusion of HOMERSM but uh, I think you've got something with.
Speaker 2: This take here.
Speaker 7: No, this isn't homerism, man, but Rams dst haven't often been an option for a lot of folks to put in starting lineups. But they're going against the Raiders, who are allowing the fifth most sacks this season. I honestly think this defensive line is going to feast because it's given me old Saint Louis vibes where we had Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn and Aaron Donald on that line. Just going to be feasting with these young guys that we got in the trenches.
Speaker 1: All right, So the Rams look like they're gonna be playing well, especially because the Raiders. I just say, the Raiders were down DeVonta Adams, but they haven't had him for the last couple of weeks. So yeah, we'll see what Aidan O'Connell can do against that Rams defense.
Speaker 2: Florio Le's get a little bit spicy here, what are you looking at?
Speaker 3: Tank? Bigsby will be in RB one this week.
Speaker 6: I think he goes for over one hundred yards and a touchdown as long as Travis Etn is sidelined. But not only have the Patriots really struggled against the run already this year, and Bigsby has ninety plus and two of his last three. But the Jags already were in London and the Patriots are traveling now. I think that is a huge advantage for the Jaguars. I think they'll have the lead, and we have seen when they have a lead or they're in a close game, they are not afraid to feed Bigsby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tank Bigsby looks like he's really taken over that Travis Etn job we saw last week. Etn was not a fumble, it looked like a fumble. It was calling in complete pass. But after that also he had a hamstring flare up and we didn't see him the rest of the day. And you know, now, Tank Bixby playing so well, it just seems like he really is pushing to get, if not the starting job, certainly a bigger slice of the pie than what he has been getting so far this season. For me, I'm looking at another running back and it's Alexander Madison. Now, you heard Lakwan say the Rams defense is going to eat against the Raiders, and I don't think that's completely wrong, but I do think there is room for Alexander Madison to go out and get some production here. He's running just as well as a mere White, although admittedly that is a low bar, but he is more involved in the passing game than White is, which means he is not as game script the pendent, we see some big runs, some explosive plays out of Madison and going against the Rams defense that really has struggled against running backs, especially those who catch the football as well. I don't know how many points are gonna be scoring this game because I'm not really sure what version of either offense is going to show up this week. But I do think we see Alexander Madison get some touches that I'm telling you, I think he will be a top fifteen fantasy running back. He'll catch a few passes, maybe he finds the end zone, and Madison's gonna be a bit of a surprise, be a nice flex option for a lot of fantasy managers.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That was Drive your Lineup, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri.
Speaker 2: Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camri. That is it. We are done.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show presented by Uber Eats. You know the drill tells two friends to tell two friends rate review, and remember, no man goes before his time unless the boss leaves early. Thank you for watching, be good, take care of yourselves, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: B