Speaker 1: Hello. Is this Ashley from Oregon?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: Tell me everything, Ashley from Oregon.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on one, I got the stream all don't mind me.
Speaker 4: It's all right.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it again. I got all night. This is These are my plans. My plans for the rest of my night are to be a gecko and talk to people on the phone. So this is it. This is it for me. What's going on, Ashley?
Speaker 3: Oh? Nothing, I just kind of want my break at work. It's kind of hanging out in the car.
Speaker 1: You do your do your breaks in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I like to, you know, I like have like a vape and smoking and stuff, and it's kind of raining out. So I'm like, just in the car.
Speaker 1: Is it a is it a nicotine vape? Is it a CBD vape? Is it a myth? Can you can you? I know you can smoke? Can you vape? Meth?
Speaker 3: I yeah, I used to be a drug act and we put it in like dab and interesting.
Speaker 1: Do they have like like meth carts?
Speaker 3: No, I mean they don't like sell it specifically, you know, Like I guess like tweakers can just like figure out ways around everything. So you figured out a way to do that.
Speaker 1: I've never thought about that. Can you can you vape crack?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I've never done crack, but probably I feel like there's a way around everything. So you can probably do anything that you like set your mind to, like in that aspect, if you're desperate enough.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I mean, like I'm talking about like the physics of it, like is it physically possible? Is it physically possible? Can do you believe that if you set your mind to it you can perform feats that are scientifically physically impossible?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I feel like it is physically possible because it like heats up, which like you know, does thing and then you get smoke. But I do I mean, like maybe not a scientist. If you put your mind to something that's like scientifically impossible, I don't think you can do it.
Speaker 1: What is the most non traditional substance that you have vaped?
Speaker 6: Mess?
Speaker 3: Crap?
Speaker 7: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're in your car right now, you're vaping, right What are you vaping?
Speaker 5: If you don't mind me asking, it's like a blue raspberry vape probably like got like familde hyde in it.
Speaker 1: But oh well, what is formaldehyde?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, to be honest, I just know that it's bad, and people will say that it's in d thing.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: What people also say is that what you don't know can't hurt you.
Speaker 3: Probably exactly. So you kind of close my eyes and I'm like my blue rab berry nicotine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what when when do you have to go back to work?
Speaker 3: About like ten minutes?
Speaker 1: Do you have any what are your plans for the next ten minutes? How like do you like when you take your break? Do you like take it day by day or do you like section it out like these five minutes I'll go on Instagram these five minutes, I'll play touch grind, these five minutes, I'll I'll vape like or do you sort of play.
Speaker 3: It by I don't really have anything like specifically. I just like either I have like like this crossword puzzle book and I'll do that. I'll just like scroll on TikTok. That's not it.
Speaker 1: Mm. And what is your job sitting?
Speaker 3: I've seen this dreamer like, hey, oh, I'm a manager at McDonald's. Yes, babysitting teenagers and adult babies.
Speaker 1: So you described this as babysitting. Why do you describe it as babysitting.
Speaker 3: Because nobody has like responsibility. It's like I'm it's like I feel like I'm in a daycare trying to tell everyone to do and then they just you know, I have people who like throw fits, like grown ass men who like throw fits over like making a m chicken, and so I have to like put them in like time out sometimes as ridiculous as a sound.
Speaker 1: Tell me to me this like situation. But the last conflict you had, uh that ended with you having to give someone a time out?
Speaker 3: Actually, yesterday this person had like an order, like the grilled man had an order for like six mc chickens, and he was like this is fucking ridiculous, and he started like punching things, and I was like, go sit down, like go do whatever, and so come back until you are like levelheaded. It I feel it's like I'm talking to a child, like go to the corner, go sit down, and come back when you then you know, it's very frustrating.
Speaker 1: And if he successfully does his time out with no fusses, does he gets a happy meal toy at the end.
Speaker 3: No, those are expensive if you like want to have someone to it's like three bucks. So no, he just gets like he just gets like a good for you. Continue to do your job, please, that's nice. I congratulate someone on, you know.
Speaker 1: Doing the bare minimum right before we go? Can I what's your name again, Ashley?
Speaker 3: Yes? That is my name?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you something about the and I don't know you know how deep in you are with corporate, But I'm trying to pitch a therapy. You know how they have the Travis Scott meal and the Sweety meal. Oh god, yes, I want next. I want the therapy got meal.
Speaker 3: Be I mean I could. I don't think there's any way I could do that. I could bring it up to my boss be like, hey, guess what I have the greatest idea, and he probably would be like okay, yeah, I'll think about it and then walk away and like never speak about it again. About it?
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate you being honest with me about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like I honestly, because you know, we don't know until it's like there, like we had like what was it, like the Travis Scott meal, like the like J B J, Balvin BTS and Sweetie. I think that was it.
Speaker 1: I feel like if he has one, I can get one.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 3: I have absolutely I think he's like a Spanish singer till I've heard, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not very popular.
Speaker 3: I didn't look into it at all. Yeah, I think all it was was like like a big mac. I think I was like, it's like super unoriginal, you know, like the Travis Scott it had some originality to it. You know, it's like bacon whatever, but like the ones that we've had are just like so unoriginal. She's like a mcdouble, you know, or like something like that. Very Travis, you know, has yet to.
Speaker 1: Be talked with that Ashley, before we go, is there anything else you wished to talk about?
Speaker 3: No, because I probably need to get back to work, but I've been trying this. I appreciate this so much. I did not think I was actually like gonna get on, and I appreciate it. I haven't been watching the streams, but I have been listening to the podcast on Spotify, like I like, I'll have them on at work all the time, like kind of like background noise. It's very nice. I very appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for listening, Ashley, and good luck with the rest of your babysitting. This evening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, thank you.
Speaker 8: Never goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Never kid goes to upside. He's teaching you about your life. Everbody's expert. Andy from Rhode Island. Hi, Hello, Andy from Rhode Island. What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: Nothing, you know, I'm just chilling. I'm putting it. I just put the kids to bed. I'm drinking a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: How are the kids, That's what I want to know. How are the kids?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 5: Well, the older one's kind of an asshole, but the younger one's cool.
Speaker 1: Why is the older one an asshole?
Speaker 5: Well, yesterday she told me that I'm not the best mom ever, but I'm pretty great, So.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's reasonable.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I asked her why I wasn't the best mom, and she told me it's because I don't buy her all the dollhouses she wants. So I guess, yeah, I'm fine with being just great.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, look that's better. Look great is above average? I feel yeah?
Speaker 5: You know it could be plus.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what about the younger one? Which one of them? First of all? Which one of them do you like more?
Speaker 4: Right? Now?
Speaker 5: I really like the younger one.
Speaker 8: A lot more.
Speaker 1: Okay, why is that?
Speaker 5: You know she doesn't talk back. I mean she's only three months old, so she's kinda a lot cooler.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. It's true. I feel like the like the three month old is a little bit cooler because they don't need to because you know, no one who talks a lot is is all that cool because you can sense that they're trying to be cool, whereas a three year olds because they're a little bit quieter, they just sort of emanated a cooler Aura.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did she just chill? She goes with the filow, she's look at Jesse.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: And how how's the rest of the family.
Speaker 5: I you know, my husband's pretty cool. He's with the baby right now, so kind of got some me time.
Speaker 1: Do you mind if I read you told our call screen or something and I don't know if if it's what you told our call screener. Okay, you told the call screener. You told the call screener that you want your husband to stop coming inside of you, because wait, what is this again? Andy from Rhode Island wants to talk about how her husband thinks it's okay to keep coming inside her even though he doesn't want more kids.
Speaker 9: But she does, but I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you so you want him to keep coming inside of you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wasn't like I would have a million babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, but he doesn't want kids.
Speaker 5: He doesn't want anymore, like we have two, and he thinks three's a crowd, Like he doesn't want to get a bigger car, kind of like an attention whore. So like, you know, he likes he likes to have at least some of my attention.
Speaker 10: But you know, I like kids.
Speaker 5: I love babies. They're They're great.
Speaker 1: Does he know that coming inside of you is how children are born? He is he ware of the correlation between those two things.
Speaker 5: You know, we've had this conversation before, and I think he can comprehend that. Okay, I mean we've done it twice, like we've had I mean, he comes in almost every night.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 5: He we've conceived twice, so it's.
Speaker 1: A good track record. That's what I'm so, you want like seventeen kids. He doesn't want any more kids? Why doesn't he want any more kids?
Speaker 5: I honestly, I think he is just like cool with having two because, like I said, three is a crowd, But I would like to have a tribe, you know, like I feel like Mama duck and have like ten ducks behind me, like little ducklings.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that I mean that sounds exhausting. Does that not feel? Do you not feel like that would? That would get to you? Like all the responsibility of having to keep ten things alive, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's just at this point it's literally just operation keep them alive. And it's not that hard.
Speaker 1: Really, I feel like it's got to be insanely hard.
Speaker 5: It's really not. And like we're in a good financial position, like we just bought a house, like we can potentially like have a few more kids and might be okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, realistically realistically jokes aside, realistically, how many kids you want?
Speaker 5: I don't know, like three or four?
Speaker 1: Okay, three or four more or total?
Speaker 5: I mean I want to like live my life eventually. But then you have like three or four kids, like there's a good chance that one of them is going to take care of you when you get older, you know, Like I don't want to be shoved in a nursing home.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like, uh oh, I feel like if you take care of your kids, you learn caretaking, you learn the skill of caretaking, and then you can just take care of yourself. What about your husband, can't he take care of what happens?
Speaker 5: Well, he's older than me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so he'll be taking care of him.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Probably, I'll probably be wiping his ass. It'll be fine.
Speaker 1: That's fair. You know what you seem like you you like taking care of people.
Speaker 5: Very much, so mm hmm, very fulfilling.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you feel do you feel as though he'll come around to to the idea of having three more children?
Speaker 5: Well, honestly, he's not doing anything to stop it. Like he he'll come in me like, and then he'll blame me for coming in me.
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 5: He's usually the one putting the work in and then he'll I'll tell him to come and me because I want more kids, and it's just, you know, it's an enjoyable experience. It definitely feels better. And he'll come in me and he'll be like, oh, that was really bad, Like what if that? We got to stop doing that? But then he just does it every time, and then he says, it's my fault because I told him to do it. But sometimes I don't tell him to do it and he just does it anyway. But then it's still my fault because it feels good.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds as though he has all the information about these risks that he needs and he is choosing to, you know, act with the with the information notwithstanding.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, I mean, like I said, it's just confusing because he tells me he doesn't want to have four kids, yet he is coming inside me every night. Yeah, literally, like every single time.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I hope you both have a have a happy family. I expect to be invited to one of the kids birthday parties, perhaps even hired as some sort of the costume character act, you know how people will hire someone to like dress up as Spider Man or something. I want. I want to do that I want to start doing.
Speaker 5: Can you wear a tiara?
Speaker 1: I could probably, I could probably, I'd probably wear I could wear a tiera?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, August and July so alright, cool, yeah.
Speaker 9: Beautiful, all right, good deal.
Speaker 1: Would you say your name was.
Speaker 4: Andy?
Speaker 1: And the good luck with the family and they have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 5: Thank you too.
Speaker 1: River what's going on the river?
Speaker 8: Nothing much, just but not super hard stuff, but just like puts me through a mind trip.
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I can hear you. Tell me what's up?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, like I'm about to finish college and everything, and I recently found out that I got like a lot of symptoms that are like similar to autism. Like I feel like what I would have would would have been considered aspriggers, but it's no longer a diagnosis. It's considered like high high functioning autism. But I don't know, It's just put me through a weird headspace because like I feel like if this is a case for me, I should have known a lot sooner. But like it is something I would be in visualist, you know, Like when I was in high school, I got a lot of my college scholarships from volunteering with like autistic children and like tutoring them through teachers like assistant work and whatnot. And like I don't know why I never put tune too it together, but there's just like a lot of things I do that I'm like, yeah, that's not really what a normal person does. And I'm like conscious of it, but at the same time, I'm like not in control of it.
Speaker 7: It's just really weird to me. I guess.
Speaker 1: So you're in a weird headspace because you've always had this sense that you there was there was something undiagnosed going on with you and and sort of received a formal diagnosis to to sort of ground these senses into into something.
Speaker 8: I'm going I'm going through the process of receiving a formal diagnosis kind of. It's it's not an uncommon thing for abouts to be diagnosed, but it's it's not the time in someone's life when someone's traditional and donnos. So it's it's something that I have to find a specialist for. And it's not really something like they take a brain stand of and they're like, oh, you're autistic, and it's not something to take a blood testum and they're like, oh you're autistic, you know. But yeah, going through like old family pictures and seeing like me playing with certain toys and being like, oh, I'm not having like a car race, I'm organizing them by size, shape, and color, or oh that's not a convoy I'm making with the cars. I'm just like lining them up in specific orders and just like some of my earlier memories around like play things like it wasn't so much like imagination necessarily.
Speaker 7: It was more so like.
Speaker 8: If a sticker was out of place, it would cause me like an undue amount of stress. And I feel like that's I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm over explaining, and no, off tell me.
Speaker 1: I want to hear more about you said you're in a weird headspace. How are you tell me more about like the way that you're reacting to this information.
Speaker 8: I'm doing what I do a lot of the time, which is uh, gauging my response based upon like my peers, Like I find a lot of times that to make a choice for me is very hard, you know, Like I reference the idea of a sticker being out of place on a toy because like, if it's not in the right place, you know it's it's wrong. But for me, I never know where the right place is or what the right choice is. So I base a lot of what I do on the actions of other people, which can leave me into some bad situations and it has. But like having this bit of self knowledge, I'm able to guard myself against people and people from me. I guess you.
Speaker 1: Know, No, don't be sorry. So what I think there's there is one thing that and tell me, tell me if I'm making this up, tell me if this is coming out of thin air or anything, because when you say this is putting in a weird headspace what like, Okay, what I don't want is like, you know, just just because you're being like formally diagnosed with something, I don't want it to like fuck with your idea of who you are too much? If that makes any sense? Is that is it? Would you say, is is exam what words your moth? Is it fucking with your idea of who you are at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: It definitely does cause a sense of identity crisis.
Speaker 1: I feel as true.
Speaker 8: And I'm someone who's who's prone to those.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: Like when I was younger, I changed my name because I didn't have my father's last name and he had passed away, so I wanted to honor him, but like learning more about him, Like I don't know if that was the right choice to change my name to his but not his name but his last name. Anyways, I'm not often I'm sorry, man, but yeah, like the sense of of like what autism is, like I have to challenge my own self conventions of of what I viewed it in the past, because like, it is something that that I have family members who are formally diagnosed with and I understood there was a certain way to act with them when I was growing up, and then also through the school system and having tutored them when I was in high school. But then the people who are closest to me, who who asked me, like, do I think I might have this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: One of them is my mother, and she worked in a uh school for disabled children. I don't know the correct word they used for it, but and she she dealt with disabled children on a daily basis. And the other person who asked me is my sister, and she's a she's a registered nurse. So I trust their opinions. I just like, I don't know. It's it's it's hard for me to look at my life and.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh, when you say, when you say they asked you what they were, did you say they're asking you if you think that they have something?
Speaker 8: No, if if I think that I might have something or that I might be on this vetrum is what they're questioned me, which originally led me down this rabbit.
Speaker 7: Hole to the today.
Speaker 8: Honestly, it's it's been within the last couple of weeks that I've been dealing with this and and really starting to gain an understanding of autism, I guess, and and how it manifests itself in a number of ways, and it can be a mean a number of different things to different people. But also with the fact that I have to go see a specialist, and that the traditional therapy that that I've used in the past, like I can still use that, but I also need to seek out additional resources, you know. So I'm sorry, my voice.
Speaker 1: Is the river's nothing. You have none to apologize for. So your sister and your mother, we're asking you if you think you're autistic. Yeah, okay, yeah, well because the notother thing is you know again, I don't know your relationship with your family is like but.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not like it's not like they're digging at me or Anything's.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you know, I mean, you know, obviously, you know, the most important opinion is that of uh, you know, the medical professional that you're but you don't even know that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's I'm sorry, I interrupted you. I'm really bad.
Speaker 1: No, No, there's a lag on the system.
Speaker 8: You're You're fine, okay, yeah, and it's it is something that like I need to go and get diagnosed. And I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: So you haven't haven't been. Sorry for interrupting you, but you haven't been. You But didn't you say you were formally diagnosed with something that you I don't think. I don't know if you specified what it was. But did you say you were formally diagnosed?
Speaker 8: Oh, I've I've been diagnosed with I don't believe I said I was formally diagnosed with something. But I've been diagnosed with anxiety, and it causes obsessive compulsive behaviors. And in my mind, those obsessive compulsive behaviors are more likely to be stemmed than they are to be manifestations of anxiety because it's something that has been occurring throughout my life and I don't know. I can only walk around the table four times, and then in my mind THO, this is what a normal person does, but I'm still doing it. And it's like, I don't know, man, you know, but I do. I do value the opinion of a professional, and it is something that I'm undergoing.
Speaker 10: The process of being.
Speaker 1: Helpful you told I think you told one of the call screeners that this is changing the way that you're handling yourself and how you self regulate. Any conversation is about that.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Am I not self regulating?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, I know because I wanted to ask. I wanted to get your thoughts on that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, like when I get into something, I get really into it. And when I looked at autism through my mind before, I didn't think that, like an autistic person should have several different interests. You know, my cousin who has autism, he he's severe, not severely, He's very fittated by phones of any time. And I thought that's like something that like I would have to check the bots for. But when I get into like a hobby, like I know everything about it, like I want to learn everything about it. I want to talk to everybody who knows stuff about it. But yeah, in a conversation, like I could be talking about the Simpsons, and like my my mom, she'll humor me and listen to me talking about the Simpsons for like twenty minutes. But like, you know, nobody really wants to hear about the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: There are lots and lots of you probably are making thousands and thousands of dollars a month rambling about the Simpsons for much longer than twenty minutes. Actual, Yeah, it'll be you'll be pleased to find.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I just I use that as an example because I get fixated by a number of things like but yeah that I don't know. See, I'm having a problem self regulating because I want to jump back and forth from the conversation. Conversations can be hard for me at times because I feel like, maybe it's my memory, but I'll pick up a conversation where I left it off with a person, but it might be like a day or two later, and I'll be talking to that person as if the conversation hadn't ended, And it can be jarring to people, I suppose, But yeah, me wanting to jump back and forth in conversation, like I'm looking at my tied ie shoes and like it's stuff like that, Like everything has to conform to something so that I don't have to make a choice.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, but informed.
Speaker 1: Something so I don't have to make a choice. What do you mean by everything has to conform to something so you don't have to make a choice.
Speaker 8: So like, because I feel at heart I don't understand social situations or really most situations. At times, if I can abide by a certain rule or something that I know to be true, then I won't make a mistake. And things like choosing out clothing for myself, like everything that I own is ti as fully as that sounds, but it takes away that anxiety of me having to make a choice where I know I love color, but I don't have to like be like I'm gonna put such and such outfit together.
Speaker 1: I suppose you know, I don't know, right, you know, instead of having to decide what color clothes you're gonna wear in the morning, you go, fuck it, I'll wear every color every day.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 1: Don't have to decide. That makes sense, that makes sense, whoever.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Stamble Man River, you have been doing significant you It's I'm sorry. I think it's so funny because like you did, you were doing so much significantly less rambling than Trust trust me, you are not rambling. We've we've heard rambling before. You are not rambling, all right?
Speaker 8: But yeah, but can I can I say like one or two things really quickly about I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: When it comes to being like formally diagnosed. At that time in my life, when I would have been like diagnosed, like uh, there was no form of stability, like my mom was a single mother, and like my father was a drug addict and he had his demons and was in prison for a number of years. Uh, you know, like getting a diagnosis for me, like it would be a really validating thing and I wouldn't feel like like such a monster, I guess, you know, because I feel really monstrous when I when I'm engaged in a social interaction and I don't know how to interact, you know, like receiving a gift on Christmas and I don't know to smile or you know, show joy because that's the appropriate thing to do. I just I don't know, I got off traffed.
Speaker 10: You go ahead.
Speaker 1: So it would make you feel a lot better. Two more valide to like to like know what's going on, to know why you feel that way, to be formally diagnosed, so that you're not sort of fucking wondering around, like you know, what the why why am I? Why are these why am I thinking these things? Or you know, feeling these things.
Speaker 8: Yeah, A lot of my initial like work with my mental health was like I understood that I have a family history of addiction and all these other things. But I also never was able to really have my father in my life to see like what he struggled with, you know, and and being able to see like, oh, okay, that that really made sense that I'd be struggling with the same things, you know, Like I found a report card of his and like it's night and day between us, Like huge struggle in school so much because he was just lets it and all these things. But I don't know. I'm rambling now on it.
Speaker 1: Rambling. I've heard people rambling. You're not rambling. What what what do you? What do you want to do with your life? River? That's what I wanted to ask you. What was your What is your goal?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: I I love being creative, like I love writing and I love writing poetry. But I am realistically minded. So I have a degree I'm getting in public health and eventually I'd like to do something in nutrition for it. I'm not like nutritiously minded right now. But when I was in home school, I lost like one hundred pounds doing wrestling in football, and I gained it back and I'm bout to losing weight again, but I ended up gaining a minor nutrition. So if I could do something like where I'm just helping people to like, either with their issues with addiction or their issues with or eating or just something, you know, like just in a positive space where I can help people, and I think I can do that with a public health degree. And if I can't, then I'll fuck you. I'll go join the maritorps or something.
Speaker 1: Well, River, you know, look, I don't think you're monster. You know, you seem perfectly well adjusted as a you know, regardless of you know whatever you know health issues or you know, diagnosises. You're clearly you know, have a good head on your shoulders and are a well adjusted human being you know who has uh productive intentions with his life.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. And you know, look, I'm glad to hear that you're working with specialists. Look, I mean wherever. I mean, it sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders. Keep doing your thing. You know, I hope you're not too hard on yourself any more than you need to be. And yeah, dude, look, I you know, I appreciate you calling in. I appreciate you being uh so open with us, and uh you know, I wish you the I wish you the best.
Speaker 2: I wish you're the best.
Speaker 1: Learned love, Thank you, every man. You have a good rest of the night. Nice dude, Nice dude. I know, I thought it was funny when he was saying that he was rambling, because he was. I thought he was very like he's very He actually was very succinct and on track with his explanations of his feelings. But that's the thing about the mind, is that the way that you are, the way that you think you're coming off is never it's see the mind. It's tricky, right because the way that you think you're coming off is rarely accurate to how you actually are coming off. But the problem is is that you never know which direction that's going right, because you could either think that you're coming off in a a in a way that you like but in reality or not. But then you could also think that you're coming off as a fucking cum guzzler and you're actually, you know, coming off well adjusted. So who knows. The mine's crazy. It plays all sorts of tricks on us. Shout out to some motherfucking river dude.
Speaker 7: Okay, Hello, Hello, Hi, what's up?
Speaker 1: Maria from New Mexico.
Speaker 4: Hello, mister deck.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite sound? Maria?
Speaker 4: It's the sound of That's gonna be a little a little specific, maybe a little niche.
Speaker 1: I think the more specific, the betther. To be honest, I like when you gets I like when people are specific, because you know, I feel like, uh, it gives us a a opportunity to really focus on something that's in front of us all the time, but that we never take the time to really notice and appreciate. So go for it. Get specific.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: So here's here's a little bit of a back for why I say this. You know, when we're young, we're kids, we do really stupid things. And for some reason, when I was around five or six, give or take a couple of years, however old I was. Where I'm from, we have like this certain gas station you get burritos from. They're awesome, right, And I remember going to this gas station and getting a burrito and a bottled sprite. And I remember going home, and you know, I was like five or six. I tore the burrito apart. And I put like chunks of it into my sprite and I would like shake it around like a snow globe, and I would just stare at it, and then I would drink it. And as I got older, I just continue to do that. I'm twenty now, so it's been about sixteen fifteen years that I've been doing with And just the sound of like the fizziness of a soda, whether it be like you you're opening the can or my favorite sound specifically the fizziness, not just any fuzziness it has, Like I'll accept it if it comes from a can, right, if you open a can of soda, and if I'll accept that, But my favorite fizziness comes from a bottled sprite specifically, like you open it up and it goes, there's a little right, and you put it up to your ear and you just listen to it. I'll also accept the fizziness from a soda fountain. Yeah, fountain, soda.
Speaker 5: My bad.
Speaker 1: You put a burrito in a sprite? Yes, what was in the burrito?
Speaker 4: It was a bean and beef burrito from a gas station and it's it's called alsops.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you put chunks of bean and beef into the sprite.
Speaker 4: And tortilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how does that affect the flavor?
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, I was young, so I drank it and I was like all right, And I remember thinking that I kind of made a mistake by ruining the flavor because I remember putting the chunks of the burrito in, shaking it around and whatever. And then I remember trying to drink the soda to get the piece of the burrito out, but every time I like tilted it up to take a sip, the piece of burrito would float back to like the top and I just couldn't get it and I would have to like chug to try to get it out. And by the time I could get it out, I had already drink all the soda. So it was just a mushy piece of bean burrito.
Speaker 1: And how did the soda taste after being filtered through the burrito?
Speaker 4: You know it didn't. I don't well, this is like fifteen sixteen years ago. I don't remember it tasting bad. I just remember it kind of tasting like a soda and it had gone flat because you know, I was a kid, and I just I was shaking it up and leaving it unattended with the lid off, so it's kind of teoted like a flat soda, like a flat sprite. And I mean there was like like crumbs of beans, and I don't remember it tasting like beans, but I'm sure it had like a slight tinge of beans.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could make that a flavor bean sprite, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I don't know how that would looking back on it and reflecting as a young adult, I think that was kind of gross.
Speaker 5: Me hm.
Speaker 1: I thought you said that you have been doing this.
Speaker 4: Recently, not with bean burritos. I find that it tastes better with I don't know, I'm trying to think. Or usually when they go to the gas station and they pick up like a sprite, I always get like a bag of like dill pickle chips, and you know, sometimes I like to crush those up. I wouldn't do it again with the bean burrito. I should have been more specific, But with like dill pickle chips, I think because they're both kind of sour or even lamon chips, you know what I'm talking about, the lime flavored Laies chips. That that, to me, that tastes a little better than the bean burrito. I couldn't even think about putting the bean burrito back in there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad that you found something that works for you. Thank you, Adam.
Speaker 7: What's up is this?
Speaker 10: Gak?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: This is Adam.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 11: I'm having some classic girl problems?
Speaker 1: Oh dear, well, uh, what's going on?
Speaker 11: But can you hear that loud ship?
Speaker 1: I can hear you chat? Can you hear Adam? He wants he has girl problems and we need thank you for the sub k listard, and we need to be able. We need to hear Adam. Everyone can hear you, Adam, tell us everything. They are here, all right, that's it. I was gonna say, we're here to help, but I can't prom I can only promise that we're here. I can promise nothing more than just we are here.
Speaker 9: So I would see.
Speaker 7: I was listening to your episode on Autif I was whip it where it was this guy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this girl, he's like she's gone in the off. She's always like uh, she's telling him like like one day she's like in love with him and the next she's like ghosting him. And he doesn't know really whether he should like give up or not. And so that's basically what's going on with like me and this girl. It's like she she's telling me like one day like yeah, they's like so we dated for like four months around like and we broke up two months ago, and she's basically like telling me like, yeah, maybe it might happen, Like I'm not over you yet, but like she wants like a break, but it's like the break's like impossible for me to do. Like he's trying to like cut connections because I'm still a senior in high school. So it's like I can't. I like she's in my school and I don't know how I would get over her.
Speaker 1: You're a senior in high school, you, sir?
Speaker 7: I am. I am a team though.
Speaker 1: What is Well, what were you going to do after school?
Speaker 7: Like one school I did, I'm actually going to take a gap year to Europe.
Speaker 1: Oh you take a gap year to Europe?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's she gonna do?
Speaker 7: No? No college, no college plans.
Speaker 1: Yet, but no, what's what's she gonna do?
Speaker 7: What is she going to do? I don't know what she's gonna do. I think she's she's.
Speaker 11: Applied to a bunch of colleges already.
Speaker 7: I don't know she's definitely planning on college, though, like.
Speaker 1: Look, here's the thing. Is I actually it sounds like dude, it sounds as though there is a lot of friction here, both logistical friction and then the other friction of you know, she's like, I need some time, I need some time. This is actually kind of nice that, you know, this is happening at a transitionary stage in both of your lives, and you both have separate life plans. She's gonna go off to college and do her thing. You're gonna go to Europe and do your thing. I think that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I think if I were you, my friend, I mean, look, you know, stop stalking her Instagram and start stalking the you know, r slash Europe. Where are the best fucking cafes in town? How many days should I spend in uh, in Belgium or whatever? You know, That's what I would do. You know, you're going to Europe, You're taking a gap year. I love that idea. Immerse yourself in the world of travel. You're gonna you're gonna go off to Europe and you're gonna find that there are thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people in the world that are not her that you would have very enjoyable interactions with, perhaps romantically, but you don't. I don't even think about that. Just go out and uh are you going alone? You're going alone to Europe?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will be alone.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Now you're killing it. Mannah. I don't worry about this girl.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Let her do her thing, give bless her, bless her. Here's I heard this from Uh, I heard this somewhere that this is something I've been using a lot. Everyone feel free to use this is uh. If there's a person who like, uh, you really like, you know, romantically, or even just I don't know, you think he's cute or whatever, and and you know, but you can't, like you know, continue your relationship with them, or logistically you can't form whatever it is. Just go ahead, think of them and go and uh and bless them. You know what's this girl's name? Give me a fake name, even if don't want to give me her real name. Isabella. Think to yourself, you know what, Isabella, bless you. I wish you the best, I want, I wish happiness for you. Isabella. You're gonna go off to You're gonna go live a great life. I'm so happy for you, Isabella. Bless you, and then be done and then move on and then go to Europe and go solo travel at eighteen and get into Wacky's any adventures. I like that for you.
Speaker 11: I guess it's the one thing. Like it's like I really don't know, like the school you really just started right there, so like eight months after school, and it's like it's gonna be hard to be Like she's like she's friends with like a lot of the people I'm friends with, and it's like almost impossible for me to just get away from her, and I just don't know how. It's like we wanted distance so bad from each other to try and figure stuff out, like right now, but it's like, no matter what we end up like like talking again or something, it's like it's hard to get away from someone who's always there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, good news, Uh, there's a time expiration date to this anyway, so you know, no matter no matter what, what what what what is it? It's October. You got until the end of the school years in fucking May, right, Yeah, May is gonna come before you even know it. And you're gonna be in Europe and you're gonna be, uh, you know, doing Stacy in Amsterdam with two people that you met on a park bench, and you're not gonna be thinking about her. You're gonna be thinking about all the wonders of life that await you as you uh you know venture. So hold out until then? Can you do that? Hold out until then? Yep, my best, beautiful, thank you for calling?
Speaker 10: Hit me?
Speaker 1: What's the thing thing?
Speaker 7: Ma you?
Speaker 11: You obviously have this whole thing with like podcasts and like people calling and stuff.
Speaker 7: How did it all start?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 11: How did you get these people to call him? And like, because this has been going on for like two years?
Speaker 1: Right, I saw a burning bush outside of my house and I went and I went over to it, and uh, and God appeared as an operation. Uh. He looked a lot like Adobe from from Harry Potter, very weak and small. And he said to me, I need you to dress up as a get go on Reddit and talk to people on the phone. And that's how it all started.
Speaker 7: But like, how did you how did you get people to actually call you? Did it all start on?
Speaker 9: Like, well, you called, that's true, but that's because.
Speaker 11: I found you on like, I guess on Spotify, and I like, I wanted.
Speaker 9: To be part of it.
Speaker 11: But how did like, did you start off doing something other than he's like calls.
Speaker 1: And stuff or No, I just got very very very very lucky, uh on our PAN, the right of public access network. Shout out to the red of Public Access to No, it's got very lucky on our PAN. If you ever want to be a streamer or do anything involving streaming, or do it on our PAN first before you do it on Twitch, because our PAN already has people watching it, and and people don't watch twitch. Twitch is very poor discoverability. But you don't need to worry about that because you're not gonna be streaming. You're gonna be speaking French. Here's you know, here's my final piece. Here's my final piece of advice for you. And then I'm and then I'm going and then I'm picking you up. Adam, Hi, hie one minute, yeah, Adam, here's my final piece of advice to you. I'm actually serious about this. Where where in Europe are you going?
Speaker 7: Most likely France.
Speaker 1: Learn a little bit of French. It's gonna make your experience a thousand times better. Go to fucking duelingo. That's what that's what you do. Fucking what's your fucking name, Adam. I'm telling you this right now. If you listen to me, you will have a great time in France instead of fucking around on Snapchat, text him whatever. Learn fucking French. It's gonna make your life. You're gonna have way more fun if you learn a little bit of French. All right, I'm kicking you off. Go learn French. Have a good time. I'll talk to you soon. Hey, Jordan's.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: Geckoh? What's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Have you ever gotten you in a no like wrecked? Like you know, like in Fortnite when they're when kids are like get wrecked.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, okay, So I see what you're saying, but unfortunately I did not play Fortnite. My friend does, though I see him. I'm a I'm an old school m W two player.
Speaker 1: I never mind. It's just kind of a stupid topic anyway. What what are you? What are you up to right now? Jordan? You sound like you're outside.
Speaker 12: I am, I am, I'm not even exaggerating. I've been stuck in the middle of the desert at a gas station of flag five five hours.
Speaker 1: You've been stuck in a gas station in the middle of the desert for five hours?
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, let me give you a backstory on that. So I worked for a moving company and I I'm driving a U haul moving someone from Kentucky to California. And I made it all the way to Arizona and I.
Speaker 10: Blew out a tire.
Speaker 1: Okay, you blew out a tire and then what are you just waiting for trickle a to come?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so you gotta like contact U haul and uh. I contacted them and.
Speaker 1: They said, if you contacted them before you called me.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely, I've been it's been too long now, but yeah. They gave me an ETA of like three hours, and it's been an hour and a half half that and it's starting to get It is dark out here, like the sun stew up a little bit on the west side.
Speaker 10: When I drove through the desert.
Speaker 12: Last night for the first time and it got.
Speaker 10: Really dark out here.
Speaker 1: What time is it where you are?
Speaker 12: Six twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty six? Oh, I thought you were using like army time.
Speaker 10: Oh no, I do not do that.
Speaker 12: I'm not smart enough for that.
Speaker 10: To be honest with you, I mind my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm glad we're on the same page.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a ton of work to.
Speaker 10: Subtracts easier to you know, it makes more sense in my mind.
Speaker 12: Just stick with that.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing for the past five hours to tie to your to pass the time?
Speaker 10: So I got very lucky.
Speaker 12: I was supposed to do this trip by myself, which was like a thirty two hour drive that's been a long time by myself, and I convinced to my company to let me bring my friend with me to help me. And I got very lucky on that end. But now we're kind of both just sitting here for.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you feel like, after after how long how where you're in Arizona, because you've been driving for do you feel like you've ran out of things to talk with your friend about?
Speaker 12: Not necessarily, So we got lucky. We have a gracious view of some desert in front of us, so we kind of just been like, not really zone now, but staring at that. I've been doing some people watching. It's a pretty big truck stop we seen, I mean seeing there's a lot of people that they coming.
Speaker 10: In and out.
Speaker 1: Anyone particularly interesting that you've watched.
Speaker 12: Not watched, but I don't know.
Speaker 7: Or not.
Speaker 12: But when I was in the bathroom utilizing the facilities, man extity utilizing facilities was moaning an awfully amount, like too much, in my opinion, I kind of got concerned for his health for a minute.
Speaker 10: I hope he goes to a doctor.
Speaker 1: Hmm. What's an appropriate amount of noise to make? Do you feel when you are on the toilet?
Speaker 12: Well, he was just urinating. If it makes a difference or not, so, I'm sure it doesn't make a difference to some people. But I'd say if you were drinking, I think it would be more understandable. But for road trips, if he isn't over the road truckor I feel like that is very unhealthy.
Speaker 1: No, I'm kind of with you with the pee thing, because I feel like, if you're taking a dump, it makes more sense that you would, like, you know, give out a moment event.
Speaker 12: You guys, you deserve the moment to yourself on that.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, okay, but how do you know he wasn't Do you know he wasn't pooping and peing at the same Maybe that's what he was doing, is he was pooping and ping at the same time, and that's why he gave off.
Speaker 12: Well, so it was that a urinal, but that doesn't still, that doesn't exclude, that doesn't exclude that he wasn't hooping. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: See there we got how much how much time have we already killed talking about this? You're gonna be fine. You're gonna be fine if.
Speaker 12: I will share one cool story. This helped me pass a good thirty minutes. So there's the Arby's at this truck stop right uh, and there's these ravens flying around the park and they.
Speaker 10: Are majestically soreing.
Speaker 12: These are big ravens and they're just floating in the sky. So that that did take up some of my time too. I was we were watching the birds, but we figured, you know, like the ravens are trying to get food. So I threw all my curly fries out to him. And this raven's just been picking up early. See how big they are.
Speaker 1: Man, I respect this guy. This man, what's your name again? Jordan's Jordan doesn't have a fucking games on his phone. You know, when Jordan needs to pass the time. I fuck with this, by the way, I fuck with this you stare at sunsets, you feed ravens, you listen to people poop you. You find you don't need crash cart on your phone to pass the time. You've You've taken what's around you. You've lived in the moment of these five hours you've been spending at the gas station. I respect that intensely.
Speaker 10: Definitely, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Of course, I.
Speaker 10: Uh, the tire guy did pull up.
Speaker 12: And my friend got him started on changing the tire, So that is super super big.
Speaker 1: Damn I am. I am honored to be present at the conclusion of this story, as as we all are in the stream, not only my whole life in making, but this is like five hours today gone but not gone.
Speaker 12: You know, we made the list.
Speaker 7: Out of it.
Speaker 1: You're an inspiration.
Speaker 12: Only downside, the only downside that we were about to hit dispensary.
Speaker 2: We had to put that a whole.
Speaker 12: But the sunset at least for today, you know, we got tomorrow to still drive see some desert. Make up for it.
Speaker 1: Say I travel to Jordan, thank you for calling.
Speaker 12: Thank you have a great light.
Speaker 1: Jordan honestly an inspiration. Jordan, honestly an inspiration. What did Jordan was stuck out the fucking I was on an airplane for like five hours playing Super Mario Run like an idiot. I could have sat in my seat trying to figure out how planes work for an hour, could have stared at the guy next to me doing a Sudoku puzzle. I don't know, I could just he seems like he knows how to how to? Uh, I believe in the moments. I mean, those were five exciting hours. So much happened to him because he went in search of the adventure that was available to him. What he had was enough rem Hello, what's up?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's a good night. I'm good, I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: What what what tell me? Tell me? Tell me more about that run? Tell me tell me what makes the night so good?
Speaker 4: You know, I just cleaned my kitchen, so that's that's great, and uh, you know, I think that's made the day productive.
Speaker 1: What tell me about the state of your kitchen before you cleaned it? What kind of messes were around? Where there's spills, where there's stains, where there bowls where their cups? Was there shattered glass upon the floor?
Speaker 4: Sure, well, this is this is kind of not something I would admit, admit to like friends. But I had my boyfriend over a few days ago, well not a few days ago, like yesterday, and I had dirty dishes everywhere, and I put the dirty dishes in a closet so he wouldn't see them, and so I just said them just now.
Speaker 1: Mhm. Is that something that you have ever done before?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have done that one a the third time.
Speaker 1: Uh oh tell me.
Speaker 9: At the time, I I.
Speaker 4: Think I just was. I had a lot to do that day. I just finished mid terms, so I you know, I've been busy, but you know, I'm not too ashamed about it. Honestly. It just was one of those days. But sometimes you can only address problems not in a final matter.
Speaker 1: You know, you get to it eventually, out of sight, out of mind.
Speaker 4: Well uh not out of mind. Actually was giving me a lot of anxiety having dirty dishes in a closet.
Speaker 1: Oh does it give you more anxiety to have dirty dishes in a closet or to have dirty dishes in the sink?
Speaker 4: It depends on the dishes. If I have a lot of dishes, then it's definite. You know what. I'm just now realizing I've every time I go over to his place, there are a lot of dishes in the sink, so I probably don't need to I probably don't need to be hiding them in the closets.
Speaker 1: I don't think do either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, I guess maybe it's more of like a like. I don't really compare myself to him. I think it's more of like a self.
Speaker 13: Like.
Speaker 4: I hold myself to a high standard, not really high enough to do dishes, you know, after I finished using them, but high enough where I don't want dirty dishes to be seen.
Speaker 1: Do you wish he would he would do? Do you wish he would put his dirty dishes in the closet for you?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of them. And also he has a roommate whereas I do not, so I feel like he could just say those dishes are his roommates.
Speaker 1: You know, why are you ashamed of having dirty dishes being seen?
Speaker 4: I think I would want him. I would prefer him to think of me as a cleanly person as opposed to a not organized or disorderly person.
Speaker 1: You know why.
Speaker 4: I think it's this is like a newer relationship. We've been together for like a month and a half, so I want to, like, you know, put my best foot forward.
Speaker 1: H You know, I feel like, you know, I understand the desire to put that best foot forward. But I mean, look, if the truth is that you're a little messy and you don't clean the dishes up, you know, right when they're dirty, there is nothing wrong with that. But it's it's just the truth, you know, And I feel like you're better off showing the truth and you are trying to cover it up. Unless if for whatever reason, this person inspires you to be different in some way that you find to be positive. What were you gonna say?
Speaker 4: I think, well, I agree, like I wouldn't like if you asked me if there's dishes in my closet, I don't think I would lie, But I I don't like. It's the same reason I wouldn't like share all my childhood trauma.
Speaker 5: Immediately, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like like, once I'm comfortable with you, I'm gonna you know, I'll like, I'll let you see my dirty dishes figuratively and literally.
Speaker 1: M How does someone get your trust to see the dirty dishes that you have in your closet.
Speaker 8: Figuratively?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I guess that's kind of know, you know, I yeah, Okay, I like to know about them. I like to h.
Speaker 3: I like to.
Speaker 7: Have that.
Speaker 4: I like to know more about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And are you.
Speaker 4: Want to know that they're not going to like.
Speaker 1: I'll continue.
Speaker 4: I just want to know that they're not going to like scoot off if they see dirty dishes. You know, they're not going to think, oh gosh, shouldn't be around her before they actually even you know, know, if they like my personality or not.
Speaker 1: You know, And what do you think of your boyfriend when you see his dirty dishes?
Speaker 4: I really I haven't thought about it that much. But again, he has the roommate. I feel like, you know, it's it's less revealing if but has dirty dishes and they live with somebody else versus me living by myself and having dirty dishes.
Speaker 1: Forgive me if I asked you this already, because my brain doesn't work all the time. But what do you think your boyfriend would think if he saw your dirty dishes?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know if you ask that already. My brain is anyway.
Speaker 7: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I think he appreciates cleanliness. That's I think. That's why, Like, like if it were my ex and I like had dishes. That's gonna sound bad. I just mean I have less respect for my ex than I do for my current boyfriends. I have respect, So I would like to appear like I keep my space clean.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Do you beneath wanting to appear as though you keep your space clean, have a genuine desire to keep your space clean?
Speaker 4: I absolutely do. I'm just I'm like a busy person. Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think in that sense. I think in that sense. You know, having someone over is a good excuse to clean up the house as some sort of you know, all tasks requires some amounts of time pressure to actually get done. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I usually, I usually am like a clean person. It's just been a like busy as school and like hanging out with friends and stuff, So I haven't you know, it has been a you know, effective use of my time to make sure the dishes are clean.
Speaker 1: Would you say your nameless Yeah?
Speaker 7: M M.
Speaker 1: Remember there anything else to talk about?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I I uh, okay. So I just started my sophomore year of college. But because of COVID last year, I didn't make any friends. So I have new friends this year, and I just met them like I met one of them a couple of weeks ago from the other one I met a month ago, and I thought they would be good together, so I set them up on a date and they had their date just happened tonight and it went well. And that made me feel good for them and for myself.
Speaker 1: Why did I make you feel good?
Speaker 4: I think, Well, except for the guy that I'm currently dating, I have not found myself dating like great people. So I am very excited to have like that people up that seem good for each other and they seem happy, like I feel like that seems like sort of redemption.
Speaker 1: Oh in some ways, though, you know, if you can't make it happen for yourself, you can make it happen for other people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a sense.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like you are dating someone right now that you like. You're dating someone right now, rem that you like and respect enough that when they come over you put your dishes in the closet. Yeah, that's pretty good, But.
Speaker 4: I think so I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for showing rem. I hope you have a go rest of the night. Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, is this a gag?
Speaker 1: This is a gag? What's up? Man?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 7: I actually think I'd make it through, but fuck it.
Speaker 1: Here we are, well, here we are.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, man, I want to tell you about like my fifty year old lover in Jamaica. Man, yeah, I'm kind of like, I gotta say the backstory. I gotta take the backstory before I tell you the problem. Tourist.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have a fifty year old lover in Jamaica.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is correct.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 10: Uh, twenty?
Speaker 7: It's just like, you know, it's a big age gap, but you know, love is love.
Speaker 1: All right, you have a secret lover in Jamaica.
Speaker 13: Why right?
Speaker 1: How did you meet this person?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: So basically, somehow she got a hold of my number, right, and she sends me a voice message saying she saw on me on her phone and my things looks familiar and like when was the last time I went to Jamaica? Because she's like she messaged me or whatever, and you know, I'm telling her like, yeah, I remember you from that one time. Never seen this like woman in my life. But besides the.
Speaker 1: You, okay, how did she start messaging you again?
Speaker 7: She found my number in her phone?
Speaker 1: Somehow she found your number in her phone? Somehow she messages you saying that she remembers you, and then you don't remember her, but you play along as if you do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I say, yeah, I remember you from that one time. And this is all through voice messages. You know, we're not texting, so you know, I get to hear what she sounds like. She has, like that thick, beautiful Jamaican accent. I can play. I can play one of the voice messages for you, so you can hear what she sounds like. This is what she sends me to listen.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just finish the story first, all right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I know we're you know, chattering it up, getting to know each other, and eventually we take it to you know, phone calls and she's asking me when am I coming to Jamaica. So I tell her second week of this, I'm there. You know, I want to meet her. This could potentially be the love of my life. You know, I have an open mind, so I'm not limited. And basically, you know, I'm telling her, what do you want me to wear when I go to Jamaica? You know, what's your favorite color? And she's like blue, like she loves blue. So I tell her I'm going to dress up, you know, blue shoes, blue pants, blue shirt, blue everything. And she goes, no, no, no, no, you have to mix it up. You have to be blue and black, you know, black pants, blue shirt, and you know, you know, we're getting more intimate with her talk, and you know, she's texts me good night with hearts and I'm responding, and you know, the next day, I don't hear from her for a while, so send her voice and I just saying like, hey, I know you're out there doing the dirty wine with some other guy, you know, call me, like what's up? And she she replies like, no, no, no, I'm not out there doing no dirty wine with no other guy. You know, it's just you. And I'm like okay, And you know, I'm trying to get recipes from her now and she's being really hesitant to give me recipes. She wants me to buy her cookbook. So you know, like at this point, I feel like I don't know if I'm in for like some crazy scam or if I'm potentially going to meet the love of my life. But like I don't know where to like take this because I might actually have to go to Jamaica. In December to meet her, because like, what.
Speaker 1: If this is the one, let's let's hear a voice message.
Speaker 7: Do you want to hear one of the voice messages?
Speaker 1: Let one of the voice messages?
Speaker 7: All right, I got yeah, I will tell you the one of her talking about the dirty wine. That's a it's a good one. Just give me a second.
Speaker 13: All right here, what you're abage roun? I'm not doing no dirt to wine. I got your actually with me, I'm doing dirty wine. The phone dropping signal. I'm so sorry about that, but give me the time that I can't call her in the morning, it says the phone.
Speaker 1: Sign one example of hey, dirty wine is sex right with each other.
Speaker 7: So honestly, when I accused her of doing the dirty wine, I didn't really know what it was, you know, I just heard it like the mostly like thrown around, right, But then I looked it up and it's a very sexual dance that is performed by Jamaicans, Like it's a cultural dance. So I've read, and you know, apparently she took offense in me accusing her of doing that. But okay, yeah she I don't know if she was or wasn't. She wasn't answering my calls and text so I assume she's just out there cheating or something.
Speaker 1: But okay, So so when you said cheating, I mean you and this uh in this woman? Would you consider yourselves to be in a in an exclusive monoga relationship?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean the way I've been talking to her, I imply that it's exclusive because you know, I made it clear that I wouldn't be happy with her doing stuff with other people, and she, you know, got defensive about it. So maybe she understands also that it's exclusive. So you know, just based on how things have been, I'd say it's exclusive.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you have you been seeing anyone else? Or is it just just you? And what's what's her name?
Speaker 10: Opal?
Speaker 1: Opal?
Speaker 10: Has it?
Speaker 1: Has it just been you and Opaul?
Speaker 7: It's just for me and her? And honestly, I can't stop thinking about her, so like, I think she might be the one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So are you or do you have plans to do to Jamaica to see her?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Second week of December and to go, you know, stay by her, have your cooked for me, maybe meet her family, you know, any dogs she might have. I haven't asked her if she has petya, I should.
Speaker 1: Ask, Oh, you're it's serious about this? Yeah, man, let's hear another I want to hear another message from her. Play me your favorite message. I want to hear another one.
Speaker 10: I'll play you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll play you the first message and sent me. It's just like nostalgic because it takes me back to the beginning of it all, you know, and it's like, I.
Speaker 13: Go, how are you doing? How are you doing that? I'll say this number and I'm checking out you see.
Speaker 2: If luke funny?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was that was the beginning of it all. Yeah, send my face looked funny, So you know, yeah, I remember you from that one time and then the rest of the history.
Speaker 1: Man, how do you how do you think that she can that she procured your number?
Speaker 7: So there's there could be like a bunch of reasons for it. The one I'm most convinced I might have been under the influence in Jamaica and just have gotten her number a few years ago and you know, never did anything about it, but maybe you know, she just discovered it again.
Speaker 1: And wallah have you ever have you so you've been to Jamaica?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many years ago were you in Jamaica?
Speaker 7: But I haven't been. I haven't been specifically for her, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So okay, you left this party, so you went to Jamaica. When did you go to Jamaica two years ago?
Speaker 7: When I was eighteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you went to Jamaica and you believe that you might have actually met this woman before.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, I can't imagine any other way she would have gotten my younger. I don't remember her at all, but you know it could have been just like one of those nights.
Speaker 1: Okay, m hmm. What do you What do you like about OPAULM? What do you What do you see in her? How do you your future will play will play out?
Speaker 7: First of all, I wish, I wish I wouldn't be able to show you the picture of her, But let me tell you ten out of ten, like she's beautiful man. Second, you know, I like the way she talks. She's very smooth. You know, she's very charismatic. She like like I can tell like she wouldn't even care about me. And you know she has good morning, good night every night. She does a miss with the heart. You know, it makes me feel one inside. And you know, she asked her to smoke ganja. You know, I can you make that that's what they do and she's like, of course they smoke ganja, So you know that's another plus mm hmm. Yeah, man. And and like every day I'm just learning more and more about her and getting to like him, you know even more.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, look, what's your name again?
Speaker 7: Damn me, Sammy?
Speaker 1: You know, Sammy, A lot of people, when you tell them this, they're probably going to tell you that if you go to Jamaica, you're gonna bet kidnapped and trafficked and possibly have your organs removed and sold on the black market. But let me tell you something, sir. I think those people there's never been in love before, so don't listen to them.
Speaker 7: Damn man. You know, honestly, I thought you were about to tell me not to go through with it. But it makes me so happy that you're supporting me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: Now, like I want to do it even more, man, knowing that I got you, you know, right behind me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. They'll tell you that that there, they're going to tell you that someone will probably cut off one of your thumbs. And mail it back to your parents in exchange your ransom money. But they don't get it.
Speaker 7: So they don't get it.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: Love is love, man, and sometimes you got to sacrifice things. I love you know totally. What's the man? Eternal happiness?
Speaker 1: Sammy? You know you can let us know how it goes. Go luck to you.
Speaker 7: I will thank you, man, thank you for the for the advice.
Speaker 1: Brose love you take you play us one more message from hopel.
Speaker 7: You want to play one? When we play?
Speaker 1: One more message from something something nice, some sweet? I'm starting to fall forward to.
Speaker 7: All right, let me give me a give me a second about life. Well, dude, I'll play you a good night message.
Speaker 14: Kah in your second like exsive?
Speaker 10: What time?
Speaker 7: We kind of call it tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Beautiful? Can I Sammy? How romantic? I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it. Cynthia? Is that you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: What's up? Cynthia? Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 14: Oh hi, hey, Hi.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm scared what what the hell? What are you scared of.
Speaker 4: Myself?
Speaker 1: You're scared of yourself?
Speaker 3: Oh talking?
Speaker 4: I get I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of hungry. What's the I need? I knowed? What's that thing? I feel like I've just seen some streamers have that thing where like someone can click a button and it sends to them a taco any one of those? Would you would you eat today? Would you eat for dinner? No, it's a real talk. Well, a taco bell taco is like a real But when you say a real taco, are you asking like an authentic like Mexican taco or are you asking like like like a not like a physical, non digital taco.
Speaker 6: Authentic?
Speaker 1: What did you eat for dinner? Kick a fuck? That sounds good? What'd you get.
Speaker 6: The regular sandwich with with cheese? I guess yes, Sorry, Cynthia.
Speaker 1: By the time I get off a stroom, it's gonna be past midnight, and then all the stores are gonna be closed. I'm gonna have to go to seven eleven and get their pizza. But it's not even gonna be it's gonna be old pizza. I'm gonna like last time I went to seven Okay, So sometimes I just go to seven eleven after the stream to get food because I'm hungry. And every time I've done it, it's been at one I am. And every time I do it, I ask for pizza. And then when I go to pay them. They're like, you can just take this, and that's never a good sign. When they give you the pizza for free, never a good sign. And what do I do, Cynthia? What do I do? What do you think I do with that pizza? Cinthia?
Speaker 6: Eat it?
Speaker 1: I eat it? Cynthia, Cynthia, how can I help you today? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I guess I'll just pause.
Speaker 6: A question, well, not a question. I don't know what you will call it.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, we don't even have to call it anything. Let's hear it.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: So my boyfriend and I have been together for like three years and we I still haven't like, we still close the door when we use the bathroom, and I feel like every other relationship I know, they all just are free. And I wonder if my boyfriend doesn't trust me or love me enough to have the door open.
Speaker 1: Mmm? Have you brought this up to him every day? And what does he say?
Speaker 6: No, he doesn't want me to smell it.
Speaker 1: M I think that's rather reasonable.
Speaker 7: Why though?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you ask him why and he says he doesn't want you to smell it, And what is your response to that?
Speaker 6: Our door doesn't walk to the bathroom. So I try to open it and he yells at me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you're gonna say, so you smell it anyway, don't you by the way I smell it anyway?
Speaker 6: No? No, I walk away. I respect it when I pretend to open the door, and I just like, He gets mad and I walk away and laugh.
Speaker 1: So you just try to open the door while he's chidding?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: And how does that make him feel?
Speaker 6: I guess vulnerable?
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is that normal?
Speaker 1: Is it normal for him to feel vulnerable?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you.
Speaker 6: Know I feel again it is. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I guess it's to him it is.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So he doesn't want you to smell the poop while he is pooping, and that's why he keeps the door closed. And have you assured him that you would love him regardless of the smell of his poop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't think he believes me. What he can't do that he doesn't let me be in there.
Speaker 1: You cry? Yeah, and what is his response to the crying?
Speaker 6: He doesn't know why I'm crying, but he doesn't understand why I am.
Speaker 1: And do you tell him that you're crying because he doesn't trust you to smell his poop.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: I don't understand, though. I guess I don't understand because I feel like all other couples do. And I'm still here three years later, not able to.
Speaker 1: Well, Cynthia, you can't compare yourself to other couples. I'm not. I'm asked you directly. Are Yeah, you're envious of the other couples that are all smelling each other's poop. And you know, you have to accept a relationship for what it is, not what it is in relationship to, not what it is in comparison to other standard not in comparison to other so called standard relationships.
Speaker 3: So what if it never happens, then.
Speaker 1: That's your relationship and you should accept.
Speaker 10: It for it is.
Speaker 6: Oh, I guess I'll tell him I want a longer parts in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Good, I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 6: What were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: Glad?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is he with you? Is he in the room?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He's making fun of me.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to him.
Speaker 9: That's what you get.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 9: I kind of just walk in the living room and I got talking to uh a gecko man about my uh pooping status?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, so what do you think about all those.
Speaker 9: I kind of caught half of it, but.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Your girlfriend is upset that you won't leave the door open when you use the bathroom.
Speaker 9: Oh go, okay, okay, it's really for her protection. That's heard that all the time. But I guess she just doesn't understand that.
Speaker 1: What are you protecting her from from the smell? She says, she wants to smell the smell.
Speaker 9: Oh, she wants to smell it.
Speaker 10: Yes, Oh, then, uh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Does that freak you out that she wants to smell it? Smell? Does that make you uncomfortable?
Speaker 9: App yeah, that make it stillble? So like she smells it, you'd probably leave me?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well what if? Okay, so it makes you uncomfortable because the idea that if she smelled it she would not like it. Because I thought I would think that you would be made uncomfortable by the by the idea that she smells it and she likes it. That's what would make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that would probably make me even more uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is a lose lose situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, I think I was gonna start to your bush.
Speaker 10: Had handling my business.
Speaker 1: Keep that door closing, Yeah, I'm gonna keep that door closed.
Speaker 9: That don't like the possibility beautiful?
Speaker 1: Hey what was her name?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: Hector?
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Hector. Have agrest of the night.
Speaker 9: An pitch had a get Ash?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Ash? How's you going?
Speaker 1: It's going good? Tell me everything with you, Ash?
Speaker 2: I'm just chaing man, this it's four. I am where I am right now, just just for I give you a quick shout and see what's going on?
Speaker 1: Not a whole lot, mate? Uh? What how can I get you? This evening?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 2: A bit? I'm in a bit of a bit of a quandary over here.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm I.
Speaker 10: Need a bit of advice.
Speaker 1: Sure hit me.
Speaker 2: I think I figure you if you're the guy to to give me, give you that ship. So right here we go. I'm basically thirty six year old guy. I live in I live in this this pretty cool place in in London called Brixton. I don't know if you ever been to London before, but Brixton is buzzing. Brixtain is my home Brixton. I've been for ten years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brixton, Go Brixton, go to the Brixton Bees. That's the mascot right at the mascot Brixton Bees. You would know you're the Brixton guy, all right, the.
Speaker 2: Brixton b That's what it is. So I've been for a long time now, I've been Yeah, we've been on a bit of a bear flex tonight already.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 9: Sorry, I'm so yeah, I've been here.
Speaker 2: I've been having a great the best time. Brixton is beautiful. It's a buzzing place. There's always some fun going off. And recently, I've been living with my best friend up until about a year ago he moved out. He ended up moving in with his girlfriend, so I had to find my own place. I found one bedsitat here in Brixton, and I love it. I've been here for a year now by myself and by myself. But my issue is, like living by yourself is expensive, especially in London.
Speaker 7: Like it's really expensive.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying to figure out now, Like you know, having all these living costs doesn't leave me with much money to spend, like to have fun at the end of the morle, Like, after I've paid on my bills and everything. So what do I do now? Like do I just stay here living in a place where I'm really happy and content, or do I move somewhere where I don't have that connection with outskirts of London, Maybe somewhere cheaper where I'll have more money to enjoy my life and come on holidays and go out partying doing all that kind of fun stuff.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Well, when's your lease run up?
Speaker 2: At any time? I can go whenever I want. I've been here for a year now.
Speaker 1: Oh you can go and everywhere. Well, okay, you've been living in Brickstall. You've been Bees fan for ten years now, It seems right.
Speaker 2: I've been the Bees fan for for ten years. I'll fill in love with the Bees as soon as I sit my eyes on the Bees.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you know, if you've been there for ten years, I don't think that there is anything wrong with you, know, especially since you said you could leave any time, right, Like you have like a month to month lease or something like that. That's right, Yeah, beautiful, Well fuck it, dude, do a month? Do it? Try it? Try a month in the outskirts of town, right, see if you can make it work, and if you can't, head back over to brickstill. But you know, I mean, look, if you've been there for ten years, I mean go ahead and give it a shot of living somewhere else, you know, because sure you might be really really happy where you are right now, but you know you could be even happier somewhere else and still have that, you know, money to fuck with. And if you're not, you just fucking go back. So I think it's worth a try.
Speaker 7: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always come back unless if it's like unless, if there's like a you know those turnstiles that you can't go back on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you just have to go one way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless if Bristol, unless if Bristol is covered in those, because I believe me, I have tried. I've like contorted my body to try to get back through one of those and it does not work. But right, but if that's if that is not the case, which I don't think it is, then you should be fine.
Speaker 2: All right, nice what I get? What goes on? Have you ever been to London before? You've ever been to the UK.
Speaker 1: I went to the UK like three years ago. I hung out. I hung out in London for like a little and it was nice. This is it was probably Yeah, it's about three years ago.
Speaker 2: Now nice like that?
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, I was there for like a second. You know, I was there. Let's see, I hung out. Uh, I stayed at a hostel. I hung out. I went to this Piccadilly circus whatever it's called. H there was a ferris wheel somewhere that I went on. That was it. That's about all I have from London.
Speaker 2: Travel a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I mean, well, you know what I don't like. Everyone's always like, you know, oh, you did the touristy thing. Of course, Yeah, I did the touristy thing. I was a tourist.
Speaker 10: Hey, you look, nothing long with that, nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: I still got the other day just.
Speaker 1: I was a tourist. Ash of course I'm gonna do the touristy things. I am a tourist. I'm touring London.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is anytime you come come to London, next time, I'll show you the real side.
Speaker 1: Event all right, man, I'm I'm going to Bristol. We'll go to a B's game and get arrested for public drunkenness. I'll wear the costume.
Speaker 2: You're gonna wait, Okay, okay, I'll sew you down d C. The other day we're in a contumea Rick and you can in Brixton as well.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun. Actually, no, I'll make my I'll gack my way over to the UK at some point. Once I saw my once I once I finally sell my TV show Gack across the World to Netflix. You and I are in business, all right. I'm there for you, brother, beautiful. Thank you very much for calling Ash. Good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Have a good life, man, Take care.
Speaker 4: Never goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Never goes to a teaching you your li