Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our.
Speaker 2: Two on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend. Once you saw that you liked you didn't like. Operator Tyler is sitting by at eight seven to seven three DP show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and we see good morning to our radio affiliates around the country. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Coming up Thursday night. It's here. NFL preseason kicks off the Panthers facing the Cardinals in the Hall of Fame game that'll be Thursday on NBC and Peacock. Speaking of Hall of Fame, Larry Fitzgerald in the on deck circle for the Pro Football Hall of Fame coming up this Saturday, seventeen seasons as the Cardinals wide receiver, eleven time Pro Bowler and second NFL receiving touchdown leader and part of the All Decade team first ballot Hall of Fame running down on the list. Uh, pretty good resume there, Larry. Congratulations on on the honor. How long would it take for you to get ready? If you know, like we're waiting for Aaron Donald. How long would it take for you to get ready for this season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that ship is so there's no there's no coming back for me, you know. I you know, thinking about what Aaron's you know, he's one of those guys. He's a fitness freak though. You know, he's a big guy, and you know, he just constantly stays in shape. That's kind of part of his his rituals. So I think his bounce back will be a lot quicker. But to be out of the game for a few years and get back into that the trenches, the double teams and all of the things that he's got to deal with, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: That's quite impressive.
Speaker 2: You think he's coming back.
Speaker 4: I think he's one of.
Speaker 3: Those guys who loves the game, and he's going back to a team who legitimately has a great chance to be able to win a championship.
Speaker 4: With the Distion, the Miles Garrett. You put those two and you know, Young.
Speaker 3: And a couple other guys in that defensive front, you know, they they present a formidable challenge for any offensive line and scheme that they would play against. And obviously you know with Pulka, Davonte Adams and you know Kuren Williams, you know Kirwin and I mean they're loaded over there.
Speaker 2: What is it about pitt guys? How did you end up at pitt Dan.
Speaker 3: It was actually a crazy story, Moprinso coordinator god Rest, his soul's name was Ed Cole. He was taking me and a couple of my teammates on armificial visits. So we went to University of Illinois, we went to Notre Dame, were Ohio State, and we were on our way to Penn State. It was a really really bad uh you know, rainstorm or the turnpike. So they actually shut the turnpike down based on visibility and so stay trooper shut it down. My coach said, hey, we can't get up there. We call Penn State let him know what happened. They said, can we can? We rescheduled for the following day, so we had a full day in Pittsburgh, and coach Cole said, hey, we're here in town, why don't we just go visit University of Pittsburgh. You know Dan Marinos, Tony Durchaid, Curtis Martin. He start naming off all the great players and I say like, yeah, let's let's just go by. Literally, we go over, we meet wald Haare, Shady, Brooke Cart, you know.
Speaker 4: All the coaching staff there, they had no idea who I was.
Speaker 3: We end up leaving the next day we're driving the pench that they called my coach's cell phone. They offered me a scholarship and it just kind of started from there.
Speaker 2: So if you don't have that rainstorm, you might not have ended up at Pitt.
Speaker 3: There's no chance I would have been there, because they didn't really they don't. They don't recruit Minnesota. That's not some place they actually go. And so there's zero zero percent chance I would have gone there.
Speaker 2: When did you know you were good?
Speaker 4: I would say when I was when I was young.
Speaker 3: I mean I was always better than everybody I played against, even at seven years old.
Speaker 4: But everybody used to always say, you're from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You know you played you know, you played three eight three a high school football.
Speaker 4: Your your competition's horrible. And so I had that seat doubt in.
Speaker 3: My mind a little bit that the competition was just that bad. And then I got to college and about week two I realized that I had with it to not only just be there, but actually be a good player.
Speaker 4: And if I continue to stay on that trajectory, that might have a chance.
Speaker 2: And of course, your dad was a longtime sports writer. You're up there in Minnesota covering the Vikings, you get to be a ball boy. You've talked about that experience many times, but the fact that Randy moss Is knocks on your door to tell you you're going into the Hall of Fame. Take us back to the first time you met Randy moss.
Speaker 3: So my first memory of Randy is pretty vivid. I was a ball boy and me and a couple of ball boys were actually in the gym at Mankato State and it was they could walk through the gym to head to the practice field, and we were in there playing basketball, shooting horse and Randy had to walk through out there. So they were getting ready to walk through, and it was his birthday. I think he held out of camp for a day or two or so, I can't remember, but it was his first States. It was a huge anticipation and obviously, you know, we'd all followed this journey at Marshall and he wanted to see him and I remember he him like throws the ball and he hit like two three pointers from like about two feet behind the three point line, and then before he before he comes.
Speaker 4: And he dunks it outside. You know, it's like you know the circle there, he and he.
Speaker 3: Dunks it and he walks out, and I'm like, oh my gosh, it's just this.
Speaker 4: Is so unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I'm fourteen years old at the time and just so enamored and like, that was my first experience in moss.
Speaker 2: What was your welcome to the NFL moment?
Speaker 4: Happened Week two my rookie year. We played the New England Patriots, and.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget I was I was going to running across the route and William McGinnis like rearranged my whole face mask is back when they used to really like collision you and he was he was. He was dropping out in the coverage and I wasn't paying attention and he decapitated me. I got up, and then my coach was like, you gotta be more physical, you gotta be more physical.
Speaker 4: So there's quarters.
Speaker 3: I come up and I hit Rodney here because as hard as I can drop him on the ground and to look in his eyes, he's chasing me back to the huddle and I get back to the sylum like, coach, why did you have me do to this man? Is absolutely crazy? And he proceeded to chase me around the rest of the game. I could not wait till that game was over, and I realized, like, why the Patriots defense.
Speaker 4: You know, they had Teddy Bruski and Mike Brabel and Ted.
Speaker 3: Johnson, and I mean, like, these dudes were Vince will Fork.
Speaker 4: I mean these dudes were massive, physical, mean, aggressive, angry men. And I learned that at twenty years old very quickly.
Speaker 2: I could imagine Rodney Harrison was going to get you back, because Rodney Rodney got everybody. I remember he told me that he got fined or got suspended. He had a shot on Jerry Rice across the middle. He said, I took him out. That's what you're supposed to do. Game has changed a little bit since that Larry.
Speaker 3: It has it has. I think it's much better. Guys could play a lot longer, and you know, I think we need we needed to make the game a little bit safer. It's it's it's not as nearly as violent going across that middle. You know, the Steve Atwaters and the Joey Browners and the Jack Tatums of the world, you know, will be very disappointed in the way we play game.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking Larry Fitzgerald, got the big speech coming up. How many times you practiced it?
Speaker 3: I practiced it a ton of times, actually working very closely with a former colleague of yours, Jerry Madaline, you know, helping me kind of get trying to get prepared for it, so uh, you know, five or six times a day so to make sure I have it, have it down pad on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, our tears in the script.
Speaker 3: Tears are never in the script, you know, you know that, but you never know how you're going to respond. You know, you see family and friends and people who have really played the massive role in your life sitting in the front, and you know, I just don't know how I'm going to respond to them. You know, their emotional or one of my kids is emotional. You know things you can't really practice that.
Speaker 2: And your son is going to induct you.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, my oldest son, Devin, He's going to come out and do it. I'm really really happy.
Speaker 3: I was going to originally have my father do it before he passed away.
Speaker 4: A couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: But you know, to be able to have my son do it, it's a it's a tremendous honor and I'm so privileged to have that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be tough when you see your son out there and he starts talking about dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got my daughter's wedding coming up in two weeks and I got to give a speech, and I'm already a mess. I practiced it every single day, and I'm a mess when nobody is there listening to me. So I can't imagine what that's going to be like. You're gonna you're gonna see your life in front of you with all teammates, former teammates and people from college and high school, and you'll probably be a mess.
Speaker 4: And that's okay, Yeah, I definitely will be. Dan.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, Are you going to be crying because of the speech and emotions or are you going to be thinking about how much it costs you for your daughter's wedding?
Speaker 2: What will be I already tried, I already cried about that. Yeah. As I've told people, it takes a village to put on a wedding. It takes a bank account as well to put on on a wedding. But yeah, I'm going to be a mess, and I don't know how to prevent myself from crying. Has anybody told you if you do this, you might not cry, or this is the best thing to do to not be too emotional.
Speaker 3: No, I think that it will draw emotions, and people have told me it's going to be one of the most emotional things you've ever done. You know, you have been planned for thirty years and you know this is the culmination of that, the greatest honor you could ever have, and so.
Speaker 4: It should it should be emotional. It shouldn't mean something to you.
Speaker 3: But I think the more you practice and the more you're prepared, you know, when you do have those emotions, you can be able to work through it and get back to the messages you're trying to deliver.
Speaker 2: And acknowledging your father as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yeah, Pops played a big role.
Speaker 3: Just none of it would even be possible it wasn't for his sacrifices. You know, he put me in these positions around people that I could learn from it, have some wonderful mentors, and so you know, his presence and and his breath of knowledge and fingerprints are all over my life.
Speaker 2: Uh go back to the Randy Moss loaning you as car when you went to prom. But what kind of car was it that Randy Moss lent you?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 3: It was a blue seven forty five L I I still remember like it was yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was. It was immaculate shape.
Speaker 3: And you know once in a more detail I left out when I asked him about it was. You know, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't tell him that I didn't have my driver's license yet, and so.
Speaker 4: You know, and I don't know how. I don't know how your dad was.
Speaker 3: But my dad when he was home, because he was always traveling covering the twins in the summertime, he was in Kansas City or Detroit or Cleveland or Chicago company to White Sox. So when he got home, he really didn't want to he was trying to be home, and so he would have thrown me the keys to the Pontiac and I would just get to drive up to the park and go practice and work out. And so he would always just tell me to take the backstreet so I felt like I could drive. I never went on the freeway or anything like that took the side street. So I felt like I was pretty I was pretty solid with the car, but I never really had anybody else in the car with me, you know, so it was a it was a memory.
Speaker 4: I got it back to him, no issues.
Speaker 3: I didn't I didn't tell my dates, mom and daddy that I didn't have a license, ed that we kept all those things to ourselves.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Can you can you thank your hands during your Hall of Fame speech for me? Just a little comic relief up there.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Was it Freddie Mitchell who thanked his hands remember the Eagles fight receipt hands?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That was that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're not. You're not somebody who is.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not really much. That's not really my jam. And uh, you know, I feel like I did. I did have good hands, but I worked at it.
Speaker 4: You know. It was thousands and thousands of hours of.
Speaker 3: You know, catching catching balls consistently to try to get them to where they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see you didn't fall in line with the diva wide receivers.
Speaker 3: That's not I was just a big I was just as big of a diva as everyone else. But I never I never did it in public. You know, I'd always keep it to myself or you know, if I had a question about targets, things that nature, I would do it in a way where you know, it wasn't showing up anybody or didn't put me in a position where I would, you know, seem to be more more worried about my own personal you know, asking and and accomplishments than it was for my team. And so you know, I wanted this as bad as anybody else did, but I knew there was a way to do it, in a way not to do it, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Congrats, been fun watching and you know this this is your moment. You've earned it, first Balance Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Good luck this weekend, Thank you, thank you great seeing you out of Tahoe. And graduations to you and your family on your daughter's wedding, and I hope you have an amazing time.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Larry, all right, they have a great day.
Speaker 2: All right there. He is nice, little humble wide receiver. Spend seventeen years with the Cardinals, and you go back to that Super Bowl against the Steelers. I thought the Cardinals were going to win, and Larry scores that touchdown and Ben leaves that two minute drill. Then it happened that quickly the Cardinals were going to win the Super Bowl, and then Ben had two minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, And if you watch that replay on that James Harrison interception run back, Larry is chasing him down going down, he has to go down the sidelines and like staffers block his way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was out of bounds and then came back in I think right got down. Still one of the more underrated football plays in Super Bowl history, football history, James Harrison with that touchdown at the end of the first half and the fact that he knew what was going to happen. He dropped back in coverage and you can see Kurt warners like this is going to be a touchdown and they just they read it right. He read it right, knew it was coming, and then to run one hundred yards.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, I'm watching it right now on YouTube. The play takes like an hour and a half. He's rumbling and stumbling back down the field. People are coming out of nowhere trying to grab him.
Speaker 2: Great, we'll take a break the best and worst of the weekend. We will give you our best and Worst after this eight seven, seven to three d P show. We're back after this and The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube. Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: We will give you our best and worst of the weekend coming up. I want to recap what Larry Fitzgerald said about the pit recruiting story. I asked Paul, and I said, would you see if that story has ever surfaced before? Because I don't remember that all the research I did before Larry came on the show, I didn't see that he is gonna go to Penn State for a recruiting trip and they closed down on the Highway because of the heavy rains. So they go back to Pittsburgh. They take a tour of Pittsburgh. Then next morning get up, get ready to go to Penn State. Pitt calls Larry's coach and says, I want to offer him a scholarship. Never made it to Penn State, Yes, Paulie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've only found that story years and years ago in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, a local report when he became a star there. It kind of reminds me there's that legendary Hakim Elaijuan story. He flew here from Africa and was at JFK Airport and he was supposed to go to Saint John's on a recruiting trip. He went outside because his ride was late, in like a short sleeved shirt and a tie and pants, and it was ice cold. He turned around, went inside, got a ticket to Houston and never visited Saint John's.
Speaker 2: Yes, Todd, did they put that kind of pressure on athletes?
Speaker 8: I don't know how it's changed where like he couldn't have still gone to Penn State. Like, you know, are you like betting on yourself? This is going to be like you have to decide right now that you're joining us, and if you go to any other school, it may not be waiting for you.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. People weren't recruiting players out of Minnesota and the recruiting process just started. I think they were taking a tour of a few different places, but I think he was with teammates. Therefore, they might have been players who had a higher profile with some of these schools. He was kind of tagging along because I don't remember hearing much about Larry Fitzgerald as a high school player other than he was playing against talent that was not what you would find in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, La Florida, and therefore maybe they limited the number of scholarship offers there. But I don't think it was Hey, if you don't take this scholarship, you know we're going to give it to somebody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I surprised that he wouldn't check out Penn State and wherever he wanted to go and then could always go back to Pitt unless there was a time frame in the offer.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It certainly worked out for him, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 9: Pitt's one of those schools where you don't realize how many Heisman Trophy. Went is a haul famers they have until you start looking it up and you're just like, man, they have just as many Hall of Famers as a USC or you know, Ohio State, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Whoever, Well, they have some big names. I don't know if they have as many All Americans as USC or Ohio State Michigan.
Speaker 9: I just meant hall of famers as in pro football Hall of famers. I don't know about all Americans.
Speaker 2: Well, I would have to see. There's got to be a list of the number of Hall of Famers which school leads. But you had Dorset there, Marino there, Yeah, had Hugh Green there, Ricky Jackson was there, Larry Fitzgerald, Aaron Donald, but you know, and Aaron Donald weren't necessarily big names nationally when they were in college. Marino was a big deal. Dorset was awesome. They had great uniforms too, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: Other NFL Hall of famers from Pitt Mike Ditka, Russ Grimm, Curtis Martin, the running back, Chris Dolman the defensive end, Ricky Jackson the Saints, Jim boke over to the Bears. Durell reeves it might be a couple more.
Speaker 2: That's pretty that's pretty impressive list there. Yeah, you might be right, Marvin. They I still think it's Ohio State or USC that has the most Hall of Fame players hem Mark.
Speaker 9: So the school with the most Hall of famers. Notre Dame and USC are tied with fourteen apiece. Then it's Michigan with eleven. Then Pittsburgh's tied with Ohio State at tank.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's a pretty impressive list, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: If I was Leary Fitzgerald and pitt just called and was like, hey, we want to offer you a scholarship, and I was like, that means I don't have to drive over to State College and back, I'd probably be.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I'll take it. You didn't like that drive to the middle of nowhere Happy Valley.
Speaker 10: Well, Pennsylvania is one of those states. It's like Kansas where it's like, all right, it's in the same state, except that eight hours away.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I still think you know, at the bottom of a license plate, you know, Land of ten Thousand Lakes, Pennsylvania should be it goes on forever? Is that Every time I drive through Pennsylvania, it's like this is Forever. Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 9: It feels like Pennsylvania is so big. Philadelphia is a east coast city. In Pittsburgh's in midwest city. That's how big it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: After our trip to the Draft, I drove from Pittsburgh to Pensa to Philadelphia and there's not a lot to do. I mean, just winding hills, beautiful drive rest stops.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not like South Dakota or North Dakota because there's nothing to do there. It'd be like Cornfield telephone poles, Cornfield telephone poles. Hey, there's a truck driveway. I saw somebody.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Dylan, I would like to throw out Kansas's hat into this ring because I did the drive from Denver to Missoo one time, which is just straight through Kansas, and it is truly eight hours.
Speaker 2: Of windmills, Like there's nothing.
Speaker 10: There's a liquor store that's like a converted you know, double wide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about it. You've you've painted the picture. It feels like I'm right there with you. I did sign I'm going to co sign in this.
Speaker 6: I once drove from Denver, which I didn't realize just east of Denver it becomes flat because West. It's beautiful. I drove from Denver to Kansas City and there's not a lot. It makes South Dakota look like Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kansas is a rough, tough sledding Pennsylvania, that's a It's a good eight hours, isn't it from uh start to finish? Yes?
Speaker 10: Uh, Dylan, it's any state that's built like a rectangle. I think that's the that's the common denominator here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The hour one poll question results and what about our two.
Speaker 10: Uh, if you had to bet on the World Series winner to day, are you taking the Dodgers or the field? Nearly sixty percent are taking.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers, Okay?
Speaker 10: And are you in favor of a salary cap in baseball? Eighty three percent say yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised it's not higher than that. And it's not higher that the Dodgers going to win the World Series. If it was a one game, then you're going to take the field. You know, another sports, you're playing one game, but in something like this, seven games, you got a deeper roster, deeper pitching experience that usually shines through. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 10: I would say though that baseball probably has the most like year and year out parody in terms of who could win when it all so like you said last year, I mean that.
Speaker 2: Blue Jays literally went down to the wires.
Speaker 10: So I feel like I would still take the field if I had to bet on it, But the fact that it's that close is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Harold in North Dakota, Hi, Harold, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 5: Well, what I've got there. I'm probably one of the greatest Dodger fans that on the map, But I watched all the great the Duke Stiders, Rok Cameronell Jackie Robinson and so forth, the power hitters and what I don't understand, but I've never missed a Dodger game, and they share. Why do they keep leading off with Tommy. They don't pitch to him, They pit's around him every time when he comes up with nobody on first, you automatically walk him. He never gets to drive anybody up.
Speaker 2: But it seems to be working if you look at what's happened in the last couple of years since he's been there, Harold, And they want to give him more at bats by leading him on. This comes down to analytics. Uh, normally you have that power hitter batting third, maybe fourth, but I'm sure it's analytics, Harold, Yes, point, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I read a quick story about why they tiny off his on base percentages galactic you know, four to twelve, one year, three ninety, they're almost guaranteed to have someone on base to start the game.
Speaker 11: Jack in Atlanta, Hi Jack, Hey Dan six' one shrending soft one.
Speaker 5: Nine my best of the weekend was my.
Speaker 11: Youngest daughter got, married and the worst was that my, parents unfortunately weren't allowed to see.
Speaker 4: It but it was a fantastic. Weekend SO i hope you.
Speaker 12: Enjoy your daughter's wedding as much AS i.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed, Mind thank, You, jack thank. You it's it's the countdown is. Started next. WEEKEND i have to get the wedding. Haircut how are we timing that? Out?
Speaker 6: Uh meaning like how many days? Before what's the optimal? Window we seven?
Speaker 2: Days, okay so Next, saturday then the Following saturday is the, Wedding so it's a seven day. Haircut getting ready for my close? Up, Yes, dylan.
Speaker 10: When you did your practice, haircut, yeah how long did it?
Speaker 4: Take?
Speaker 10: Like was it a longer haircut than you usually? Get so there's a.
Speaker 2: Sun, well they drag it out because it's a. Salon and then you have people come up to you and, say CAN i get you something to? Drink CAN i GET i think seven TIMES i was asked IF i wanted something to. Drink but THEN i waited in the lounge area and it's very mood. Lit it's kind of walking into a night club And i'm you, know you have little light music. There people speak in hush. Tones how are? You CAN i get you something to?
Speaker 4: Drink?
Speaker 2: No, No i'm. Good i'm. Good, Okay and then somebody comes back, Around, Hey, hi do you need something to? Drink? No, No i'm. Good so they made me wait for twenty. Minute it's maybe somebody in front of me took a little extra. Time but THEN i got up there AND i, thought, okay how long is this? Process because my daughters and my wife go and they're there for days and uh So i'm, like UH i just sit down and that's. It cut my hair and you, know like thirty minutes maybe.
Speaker 10: Yeah feeling, now knowing you and you're proclivity to be moving, around is a haircut just like interminable for? You LIKE i imagine you get in that chair and you are counting down until it's.
Speaker 2: Over, YEAH i get a little fidgety, there but you, Know i'm looking around or trying to see if somebody wants to. Talk and but then my daughter came. In my daughter came in to supervise, this and SO i WAS i had somebody to you, know keep me occupied a little bit, There kyle And Laguna. Beach, Hi, kyle what do you have for me? TODAY I dan six two twenty.
Speaker 11: Five, yeah you, Know i've been watching listening to you for forty years AND i have never had anything important to, add So i've never called. In BUT i think today's the day you are spot on about the problem with baseball being the. Floor i'm a Huge dodgers, fan and you know what we should. Do everybody's talking about The dodgers shouldn't do, this or The dodgers that's not fair that they do. That the problem is the teams that aren't. Spending and what if the bottom three or four teams got relegated to The Japanese. LEAGUE i bet you The Japanese league would love to send some teams over here every. Year and then the teams they get, relegated they have bad ownership and they can't handle the expense of shipping their teams back and forth To. Japan they'd be forced to get new good. Owners what do you think about, That Dan?
Speaker 2: WELL i think travel could be an issue. There and who's to say The japanese teams are going to spend money as. Well you got To it's one thing to spend, money it's another thing to spend it. Correctly and The dodgers do. That you, know The yankees when they had their nucleus and they were, winning, well it was smart money because they had raised these. Players then you start to go out and you're bringing in you, Know mark dashera and A rod and now you start to mess with the chemistry of what made you guys great and now you're just bringing in your renting, people you, know bringing In, conseko and you, know then all of a, sudden it felt like it. Changed AND i think that's what you're trying to, do is you're trying to keep that. Feel you, know The dodgers had that feel with their, players certain. Players Dave roberts helps an awful, lot but it wasn't that long ago where it felt Like Dave roberts had to win The World series to keep his. Job So i'm not saying this is this is fragile their, dynasty BUT i DO i think you got to look at this and, say a couple of calls this way or plays this, way, injuries you, know there's a lot of things that factor into. This teams are built for the regular, season they're not always built for the, postseason and vice. Versa and this could be a situation where The, dodgers you, know meet up with somebody at the right time for that team and they're built for a seven game. Series that's when you get. Surprises, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's what, happened was that maybe twenty twenty three would The dodgers lost to The. DIAMONDBACKS i, mean they just got hot and they got to The World. SERIES i, mean, look if The yankees had the same type of playoff format in the nineteen, forties The Saint Louis browns would have had a hot playoff run and eliminated. Them yankees wouldn't have twenty Seven World series just because it's a longer playoff format than it is.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah you could finish in second you didn't make the, playoffs so they, like all, right you won and then you won and now you play in The World. Series, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: Yeah marvin's. Right the twenty Three, dodgers they won one hundred. Games it got swept in THE nlds by The diamondbacks and that was hot seat time For Dave. Roberts then obviously two in a row cleans that.
Speaker 2: Up The colonel In, Tampa, Hi, colonel welcome.
Speaker 12: Back, Daniel thank. YOU a torrental downpours In Tampa bay all Weekend cupperston goers trolling for sports, Entertainment SO i best this weekend and For, paul the UK's Golden boy, Runs Juo tomblin wins The European championship in men's artistic swimming and the worst of this, Weekend, Dan i'll never question the, vision strategy tactics of the World Wrestling entertainment Sports pat mcabee. Network but my, GOODNESS i clicked in the other day and See Tom brady And Cody road Swapping goat and his tips with their fanatic. Hands his bizarre sports. World dan up to our next have a great Week.
Speaker 2: Thank, You. Colonel hang in, There hang in. There Uh kirk In, Virginia, Hi, kirk what do you have for me?
Speaker 4: Today man?
Speaker 5: Six.
Speaker 13: THREE i love the.
Speaker 14: Show i've always enjoyed listening to, you and like so many, LISTENERS i followed you most of my adult, life And i've never needed to call. IN i almost did one other time When Jim parsons was, on BECAUSE i graduated high school with, them but even THEN i decided not. To But FRIDAY i put it on my calendar as a reminder to call.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 14: Today i'm out to eat with some friends and my. Son very nice waitress Named tess who was very attentive and took care of us very, well had, beers had. Appetizers i'm into my first two or three bites of the pizza THAT i, ordered and from behind, me she walks up And i'm not kidding, you says how were first? Bites AND i almost hit my pizza all over the people in front of. Me she had no idea what was going. ON i had to explain the story to. Her she actually. APOLOGIZED i was, like, no, no, no it was very nice and it's very, kind but there's this guy who really has a problem with, it AND i just almost lost, it AND i just felt like it was so. PERFECT i had to call.
Speaker 2: It tell, You thank. You kerk how do you, Feel. FRITZY i feel great that he had that.
Speaker 15: REACTION i Just i'm trying to understand when did this whole thing.
Speaker 8: Start we've all gone out to dinner many, times some fancy, places some not so. Fancy this seems like a very recent thing that that's what they're being trained to. Say ask them about their first.
Speaker 2: Bites i've never heard it. Before i've never heard it at any point other than when you brought that.
Speaker 15: Up, now how now it's becoming like a? CRAZE i guess around.
Speaker 2: There, WELL i don't know if it's a. CRAZE i don't know if it's a craze. Yet, well you know what will monitor the, Situation. Fritzy all, right we'll take a. Break best and worst of the weekend phone calls coming, up give you hours as. Well we're back after. This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows at five sports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen. Live played golf yesterday AND i had my shirttail out and nobody said anything about. IT i was, Like, okay Now i'm, wondering Does untucket have golf, shirts, YES pauli.
Speaker 6: Yeah untucket big. Brand they have regular shirts like button, downs that's where they, started but they have an entire golf, Division.
Speaker 2: Dan now DO i Have CAN i untuck my shirt With untucket golf? SHIRTS i think it.
Speaker 6: Has to be untucked by by. DEFINITION i think that's a no touch.
Speaker 2: THEM i. Don't i'm not quite SURE i understand it. Now, LOOK i understand protocol and dressing on you, KNOW i just don't like swinging a golf club When i've got my shirt tucked. In but if if untuck it has golf shirts that are called untuck, it then CAN i wear?
Speaker 8: That, Yes, Todd so, yeah can you use that as a comeback if someone gives you a hard, Time hey you got to tuck your.
Speaker 15: Shirt it's An untucket and you could just say.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah BUT i don't know if untuck it has golf shirts that are meant to be, Untucked, Yes, paul they.
Speaker 6: Do i'm looking at their website, now and their golf shirts are. Nice they're, rare, breezy but they're not, like you, know hanging down to your. Thighs they're just over the belt. Loop so it looks. Cool BUT i don't think that's going to be the hall pass when you go to a country.
Speaker 2: Club but IF i just Say i've got a golf shirt on and it's called, untucket like which? Rule are you?
Speaker 6: Following the shirts rule or the country club's?
Speaker 2: Rule oh, yeah once. AGAIN i played At Belgrade lakes and they didn't say anything WHEN i went into the clubhouse there THAT i had my shirt tail. Out let's go around the, room best and worst through, Weekend, Todd i'll start with.
Speaker 8: You in an eighty four to eighty three victory of the defending champion In Las Vegas Aces saturday, afternoon in The Chicago's, Guy Sidney taylor became the first rookie in. Franchise his dream to hit to go ahead three in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime just five months ago was to this. Guys taylor was playing in poland wasn't even selected in the twenty twenty SIXTH Wnba. Draft twenty nine points or her fifth twenty five point game the season, worst as we all discussed in the first hour and a half of the, Show The Rich Get Richard dodge the Dead prize pitcher tark s google to an already formidable.
Speaker 2: Rotation, dylan.
Speaker 10: My best Friend Jadavian clowney is back with The. Texans maybe he's got one more highlight reel hit left in the tank and my Worst Leopold, ashenbrenner twenty four year old kids started AN ai focused hedge fund Called Situational awareness that had massed north of forty five billion in assets that came crashing down when the stocks tank the margin calls came. In he had to liquidate the entire fund just days before his lavish wedding was.
Speaker 4: Planned.
Speaker 2: Yikes hopefully she didn't marry him for his. Money wait a, minute what, happened? Dear?
Speaker 6: What, Yeah, well remember that prenut we talked. About we're not gonna need.
Speaker 2: It i'm gonna have to sign a prenup because you probably have more money THAN i. Do Marvin best And worst of the.
Speaker 9: Weekend best of the WEEKEND Wwe, SummerSlam not anything with, wrestling But Darius rutgers saying the star spangled banner absolutely killed.
Speaker 4: It he was.
Speaker 9: Great worse of the Weekend Kyle, Whittingham michigan. Coach he's not ingratiating, himself said Of michigan fan base by saying he doesn't Hate Ohio. State that's not what you do when you first get.
Speaker 2: There all, right here is the new head coach At. MICHIGAN i don't know the context of. THIS i don't know what he was asked prior, to but here is the new head coach on his thoughts About Ohio. STATE i just.
Speaker 16: Think that a rivalry could be intense and emotional without the hatred factor of. IT i don't think there's any place for that. PERSONALLY i Think Ryan day's a good, Person and to sit here and SAY i Hate Ryan, day that'd Be i'd be vaking crap.
Speaker 15: Up that's not.
Speaker 2: True, okay but this is Who kyle. IS i don't expect him to be fire In. Brimstone he's well. RESPECTED i, mean this Isn't Jim, harbaugh you, know With Ryan, Day Steve, spurrier you, know back in the. Day but you, know if you don't have to hate. THEM i asked him that when he first took the. JOB i THINK i asked, him you, know is that part of the introductory press conference where you're, told now you Hate Ohio? State, Yes, DYLAN i.
Speaker 10: Kind of prefer that, though then pretending to be like you know all rah rah right when you walk in the. DOOR i would check back with him in a few years and see how he feels About Ohio.
Speaker 2: State but for right, now, Yes, TOM i thought it was.
Speaker 15: REFRESHING i agree With, dylan, like you don't have to pretend that any.
Speaker 8: Think it's, like you know, What i'm aware of the rivalry and we look forward to beating them over and over, again and you know that's a and all.
Speaker 15: That but you don't have to hate the coach or hate the.
Speaker 8: TEAM i know that's how you get the fans all riled up because there's a hatred.
Speaker 15: There BUT i didn't have a problem with.
Speaker 2: That, well the fans want that, Though.
Speaker 15: So let the fans get all together collectively hate the.
Speaker 8: Team but like this coach doesn't have to say that it's already kind of known what the how big the rivalry is between these two.
Speaker 2: Teams, yeah but If I'm i'm the, Coach I'm i'm gonna play to my fan base a little bit. Here, Yeah, PAUL.
Speaker 6: I will say, though after the past two, years these are the kind of problems That michigan football fans want to deal. With did our coach not Insult Ryan day during the press. Conference this is this is good.
Speaker 2: Stuff. Yeah best and worst of the WEEKEND.
Speaker 6: I got too. Well my worst of the weekend Is Ricky, piersall the good wide receiver for The, niners down for the. Season that team cannot catch a, break especially in that. Division and my best of the weekend the rookie Guard Olivia miles for The Minnesota. LYNX i think she had twenty four at. Halftime what a, dominant entertaining basketball. Player fun to.
Speaker 2: Watch come on. BOARD i told you she was going to be a. STAR i don't THINK i.
Speaker 6: Realized you talked about her AT tcu and she was great At Notre, dame better AT, tcu BUT i didn't think it'd be this, good this.
Speaker 2: Fast, oh she's. Entertaining. MAN i thought she was going to be THE mvp in The All Star. Game trip In, vegas welcome back. Trip what do you have for?
Speaker 4: Me, hey good, MORNING. Dp always good to speak with. Y'all i'll be.
Speaker 13: Back to regular sting against later in the, week BUT i just wanted to comment On larry fitzgerald. Interview i've had many chances to meet him being In Las, vegas and he is the nicest guy and so, humble thank you for having him, on AND i had a.
Speaker 4: Question for you in the.
Speaker 13: Room he's one of those guys when you MEET i was shocked how big he was as a wide. Receiver there are other athletes that you've met that you're, like call he this guy is so, big and thanks for Taking.
Speaker 2: Cam, Cam Newton. Cam it's, like, damn he's a. Quarterback he's built like he could be edge rusher or a tight. End But Larry fitzgerald is, big you, know because sometimes you're thinking these receivers are like six one six,' Two like clarry feels like he's, six three, you know in a solid like two. Twenty five, but yeah he's one Of the roethlisberger was. Another guy, IT'S like i can see why they have a hard time bringing. You down and then you'll be around other guys and you'll Go, Got Lee barry sanders didn't big. At All joe montana not big? At all, all right two hours in the books On, This, monday dylan you're in. The confessional if you're Watching, on peacock we'll. Come back more. Phone calls best and worst of, The Weekend, Fritzy Dylan marv Paulie yours trulie in the, back, room guys final hour In, this monday after this