Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Okay, rain Drops, we have an emergency episode to talk about Monica Garcia and Ira back. First of all, listen rain Drops once again. If you only listen on audio, you're missing out. Go to my Patreon. Monica is on my Patreon YouTube. Yes see you look smoking.
Speaker 2: Hawks is giving me kikb What should thank you?
Speaker 3: Sopid?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, if they're driving with the kids in the car who have their headphones on, watch Pokemon. She has wet hair. It's like a little shoulders partner. She has a tan she tan honey and a ghetty scrap.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: You look at that. Thank you, thank you for being available. So look, if you look this good. With ad minutes of me, like, Monica, take with me. Yes.
Speaker 2: I literally was like, let me jump out the shower thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty minutes. We're gonna make it work. Why not?
Speaker 1: Yes, So thank you so much, my baby. By discuss breaking news, n GK is divorcing her husband of twenty wait, twenty seven years. So page six was the first to break the news. Monica, I'm going to read to you what tmzsays first. Uh oh, we love to cite our sources. Yes, and.
Speaker 2: By the way, I swear it was something like that first, and then page six dropped it today.
Speaker 1: Oh well, look, we like to cite our sources. Bravo by Gays. Okay, I love them. Yes, I actually like we follow each other on the gram. So let's talk about this right now. Yes, okay, you're right. So twenty one hours ago, thank you Monica. See Monica, make sure to fight the sources because we like to give credibility. Got you to some of the sites that that Ismsey or page six, So bra Ba by Gays, I love them, shout out to them. They posted this twenty one hours ago saying this is all alleged as they have not made a statement, but apparently I'll say allegedly yes, but brah blah blah gaates Bro. Apparently allegedly Sean was hooking up with a stylist from the salon. Someone has been spilling the tea this weekend too. People they thought would tell anyone give me our ho SLC now. Then after that, to your point, Monica paid six then reported it, saying that I separated after twenty some years of marriage. Pay six said that multipoor sources told us on Monday today that the longtime couple, who wed in June of ninety nine and share a fifteen year old daughter, Electra, are no longer together romantically, they said. Notably, Angie did not post on Instagram to mark their twenty seventh wedding anniversary last month, but on June thirteen, she did for their twenty six saying, seems like yesterday I booked an appointment for a blow dry with this dreamy guy I saw on the cover of a romance novel in the grocery store checkout, long hair like Fabio, big muscles, and known to be Letho with scissors. The rest is hairstory now not history. Now. Then after that, tim Z said.
Speaker 2: Honey, I haven't seen what TMZ has said, because TMZ.
Speaker 1: Said, no, bitch, we're the most credible. All these guys they're saying TMZ has learned that infidelity is not to blame. A source with direct knowledge tells us that those reports of an affair have no merit, although it's unclear when they separated as well. So I'm gonna say this. I'm not TMZ, I'm not bra blah blaye gays. I'm not Page six. What I will say is my sources are telling me this is true. Yeah, yeah, you live in Salt Lake City. The look.
Speaker 3: As I move.
Speaker 1: Around for my YouTube Patreon people, because I'm making my love and I have to turn over my tofu in the air prior. I want what are the street of Salt Lake City saying? I'm saying I heard this. I not to spill my sources because I would never rest the journalist. Yeah, I did hear this already.
Speaker 3: I heard this already. I heard this in season four.
Speaker 2: I literally told her what the rumors were in season four, if you remember, and Meredith, I mean, we have the famous iconic line rumors and nastiness. I mean this has been something that I think what season was it that Lisa said something like there were rumors of him doing Circle Jerk.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I want to say, damn, what season was that? Again?
Speaker 3: Season four?
Speaker 2: So it was probably season five because I don't think it was last season.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't last season, but sasn't five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So my point is that there have been rumors about.
Speaker 3: This the whole.
Speaker 2: The time that I sat down and told Angie, everyone's talking about these rumors.
Speaker 3: These have been rumors.
Speaker 2: I have heard so many things in relation to this upcoming season, and I have kept it cute, kept it mute. I want people to I get what it is. I want you guys to enjoy the show, regardless of the situation. When something is leaked, it makes it, it kills it, it's not fun anymore. So there have been so many things that have been circulating. I have heard this for months and along with other things.
Speaker 3: But again, I mean.
Speaker 2: Even Heather at the appraise Ski scene was like, yes, we've all heard these rumors.
Speaker 3: We have heard these rumors.
Speaker 1: So just so I'm clear, Yeah, the rumors that you and the ladies have heard is what is it that Sean allegedly cheats and or yeah, and or that they are separated or going to separate.
Speaker 3: Yes, all of that.
Speaker 2: There's been infidelity rumors, separation rumors, divorce rumors, people are unhappy rumors.
Speaker 3: It's just been all the things.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, Like, I think why I got so much shit is because I specifically said that the rumors I was hearing was in relation to men, and these rumors are saying it's in relation to a female. However, Angie was quoted to say, I think it was season four that it's not about whether it is.
Speaker 3: A male or a female.
Speaker 2: It's about why she was so upset at the rumors is because it's about the infidelity itself.
Speaker 3: So if there.
Speaker 2: Is infidelity happening, I don't think it would matter to her if it was with a man or a woman, according to her own statement. So you know, I mean, do you think this is something that was this leaked? Was this film for season seven?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm hearing it was hearing it was. I'm hearing it was. I do think it was leaked. And look the thing is this, Yeah, and this is no shade to brather by gays. I actually love them, Like I said, we follow each other because I love their content. Again, I'm an old school reality producer. I'm like you, Monica, I I will never in my life rebuild anything that the show doesn't. First, I'm I'm very old school. I don't want to do that. I don't want anybody to do that to my show. So I will never do that. Plus, Plus, I have too much respect for the network, my friends who work in production producers. I think that's not a cool thing for me to do. Right. However, I am aware that unfortunately you have people involved, whether it's cast crew, Glam every baby baby, no shade to the Glam.
Speaker 3: I love you, so.
Speaker 1: I'm the Glam. I'd be like no shade when all was. Keith walks into the room of this Glam bear, I speak, I shake hands, and I say, y'all can leave. I need, I need, I need to talk to my talent. Bye, okay, get me the reunion.
Speaker 2: They were like, Glam, get the The producers they were like, get out.
Speaker 1: Bye, y'all, gotta go, get out of here. Shane to Glam, I love y'all, y'all do my talking. So the thing is this, we hear rumors all the time. What Braba by Gays did is I don't think it's they did anything wrong. It's what they are supposed to do, Like they don't have any connection to the shows to to to to do what you and I would never do, which is reveal it right. The fact that page six and TMZ picked it up. Though we hear rumors all the time, whether domir, whether a blind item, they don't pick that shit up for page six and Tim's need to pick it up. Yeah, you get what I'm going with it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Because my phone started blowing up last night with this and of course I'm like da da. Then this morning I was like, I responded back and I said, no, it's something because now it's in page six, Like it's like they're like, ge mean this is true. And I was like, give me, give me something. And then this morning it was page six and I was like, now now we've got smoke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh we got smoke. And where there's smoking, Like I said, yeah, I did hear this. I did hear this, And like when most things I hear, I take it with a grain of salt, like okay, yeah, and my source is incredible, but I'm always like I it's funny because I'm always when people tell me stuff, I'm always like, I kind of want to wait until the audience knows, like.
Speaker 3: I save I am this.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at season four, that shit didn't get out, and that's what partly made it so impactful, was that nobody leaked that shit. And so yeah, you kind of want to see. Trust it's better for someone else to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am going to tell you what I heard.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me. I want to know if it aligns with.
Speaker 1: What I Okay, I did not hear. Okay, and I'm being very honest. Okay, Okay, I didn't hear about infidelity. I mean I didn't hear it. I'm not saying it's true. It's not true. I didn't hear that. I did hear that. Sean may allegedly feel that Angie K has changed once she became a housewife. Why are you.
Speaker 3: That's exactly not heard Fish, that she has become.
Speaker 2: She has become a recognizable, intolerable, insufferable, difficult and.
Speaker 3: Out of touch with reality, all consumed by the show.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's kind of look mother Mary said it best, baby girl.
Speaker 3: She said, you're letting this shit get to your head. Mary said, it.
Speaker 2: Mary has been telling her season after season, you're changing, You're changing, You're changing, You're changing.
Speaker 3: I don't recognize you. I don't know this one. Where's my old angie friend, Da da da Da.
Speaker 1: So we heard the same thing.
Speaker 3: We heard the same thing.
Speaker 1: We heard the same thing. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. And no shade to brah bla Bye Gays and no shade to page six. But that's why when Timz said we did not we our source has told us is not about an affair. It's about something else. I did hear that. The large portion of it is the fact that yeah and GK like most Okay, I'm gonna say this and hear me out. Okay, when you are a real housewife, and yes this goes to all reality stars, but hear me out. The difference with the real housewife is oftentimes you are in your late thirties early or forties and you have two point five kids and you a white picket fence. You live a great life. Your husband is like yo, like she cooks, she clean, she's there for me. The reason why the divorce rate is so high is because this newfound world changes them. Yeah, and for some not all. For some, the show becomes their entire life. They no longer are able to pick up the kids from school, their conversations with their husband's about the show, their behavior is about the show. They come home and talk about the show. They're not there before about the show. Everything is so consumed with the show that they become unrecognizable. And yeah, Monica's point, in some cases, they also become insufferable, intolerable and all those things. And one thing you and I both said about Angie K, and I've always said on the record, I love meet some Anngiek. I even said last season about ANGIEK. You're becoming a character of yourself, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not fun to exactly what Mary said, exactly what Mary Cosby said, She's very disconnected from herself. I met Angie K before he was ever on the show, like before season one even aired. She was the sweetest, kindest, most welcoming, gentle, soft quiet, kind of like mousey girl. Now granted this was also around Jenshaw, who like is a huge personality, but she still was a very different person than even what I filmed with on season four.
Speaker 3: So I mean I and when I say.
Speaker 2: Intolerable insufferable, that can mean very different things. Just like you said, it could be extremely intolerable for him that she cannot turn it off, separate the show from reality, disconnect the job from our family. It doesn't mean she's walking around and throwing glasses and you know, it just means maybe he's at his point, like, whoa, this is not this is twenty four seven, three, six five.
Speaker 3: You can't turn it off and it's so much for me. I have to say.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of sadness online in relation to this. People are like, say, it ain't so. I thought they were endgame. There's no way that's mom and dad. I'm heartbroken. People did love them together, and.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: People, for the most part saw this happening with them. I think they were a little surprised with this one.
Speaker 3: And it's sad.
Speaker 2: Look all jokes and shade aside, this is awful.
Speaker 3: This is sad. There is a fifteen year old daughter involved. This is a family.
Speaker 2: They've been together for almost thirty years, and it's heartbreaking. No one likes to see a family completely fall apart like this.
Speaker 3: And I know that it says separation.
Speaker 2: But do you think that they'll actually get divorced or do you think that they can come out of it? Oh, he said, I'm not even gonna let you finish.
Speaker 1: Listen, No, no, no, no, the thing. And that's the reason why I had to relate it back to.
Speaker 5: Just the the the world in which the housewives thriving, right, the reason why the divorce rate is at a high ninety percentile of women who start off being a housewife by by their third season or fourth maybe they're divorcing, right, because listen.
Speaker 1: You you, you and I both know this. I can't describe right, the amount of DMS I get.
Speaker 2: From we always talk about this, Monica. You think I find out stuff on my own or from my friends. No, it's because people be seeing you and you think you're sneaky, sneaky slick, and you're not.
Speaker 3: And that's how we find out. Everything go ahead, though now.
Speaker 1: It becomes your life. And I think, for listen, there's exceptions to the rules. I think Lisa Vanda Pump is a good example of being like this was a great business move. When it got too hot for her, she said, bitch, I'm out this motherfucker. I don't need this shit and she left. There are monomen.
Speaker 5: Who are still married and it doesn't consume their lives.
Speaker 1: But think about it. The entire cast of Beverly Hills their single, The entire Kyle separated, Erica Jane divorce, the read going through a divorce. They're all not with their man when they started. The entire cast of New York City Housewise, they were all single by the by the time season five started, all of them. Ramona had a man, got a husband, I'm sorry, Beth, and he was married by season three my point. And then Atlanta, like Portia divorced, Kinga got a divorce, Nini got a Nini and Greg divorce. They got back together two years later. Yeah, yeah, yeah, barely got a divorce. Phaedra got a divorce. Candy's now Candy's now divorced. You see what I'm saying. So when you when you asked me, all right, do we think it's going to be just a separation or divorce? I can promise you one it's a divorce. I also think this was Sean because I watched the show and I only can tell you what I saw on the show. Yeah, Sean will love to hear your thoughts Sean despite whether who he sleeps with, that's not my business, because he does signed up to be a main cast. I think Sean always gave me he's a nice guy, and I think that he did not even realize that this show was bigger than what it was. I E. I E. Bron Wins now ex husband, honey.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that one to the list.
Speaker 1: Baby Bron Wins, honey, honey. You and I clocking miss brownwin from day one and said, yeah, do you know what to do a bitch? I guess yeah. On the Tommy rap, they said too for seeing Okay. Yeah. I think Sean not only did he see my wife is unrecognizable. I think he often said this show is so much on my life, my sex she being questioned publicly. Yeah, and I'm sure the people that go to Salon are like just like when Todd Brown with now ex husband was on his flight looking at half naked women and they said, and the person behind him.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It happens. It happens. Let me tell you something. I actually got a DM from somebody. This was last October, and it said, I just saw you at the pumpkin patch, but I wanted to say hi, but I was nervous.
Speaker 3: And I also saw Sean and Angie there with Electra, and I was like, oh shit, I'd be finding out.
Speaker 5: Shit.
Speaker 3: We were there at the same time.
Speaker 2: And didn't even see each other, but someone else saw us and was like they were both at the pumpkin patch with their kids and with their mans.
Speaker 3: And I know. My point is I had no idea.
Speaker 2: You are walking through a pumpkin patch thinking it Kiki, and people are like.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to go, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I was at the pool the other day, and this happens a lot at the freaking pool, where they're.
Speaker 3: Like, I love you.
Speaker 2: You never know, or people will be like I wanted to swim up to you so bad and say hi, but you were with your kids.
Speaker 3: You never No.
Speaker 2: People see everything and they be telling it real quick, sharing it real quick pictures, screenshots, recordings, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'm sure you and I have been hearing this.
Speaker 2: I mean me season four just saying for a very very long time, I will say.
Speaker 3: And I can say this.
Speaker 2: About Meredith and Seth, I can say this about me and Justin I can say this about Lisa and John now Angie and Sean. They are fierce parents. Okay, they are amazing moms and dads.
Speaker 3: Electra truly is their whole world.
Speaker 2: I know that I've seen that from day one being around her, and I am sure Angie is devastated in regards to her daughter in all of this, and I feel for that in my soul.
Speaker 3: I know that Angie will be.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sean will be okay, right, but I know that they're broken over.
Speaker 3: Their daughter one hundred percent. They're incredible parents.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: I could say whatever I want, but when it comes to you know, they're incredible parents.
Speaker 1: Incredible Yeah, no, and thank you for saying that. Look, this is sad because like the fans are saying, we love them on the show. Yes, and I listen, my heart goes off to ANGIEK. You know, we want the best for you. And look, it's one of those things where.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, ooh, I love it.
Speaker 4: Yes, tell me what advice do you give women who join these shows and they are married, because when you joined, you weren't married.
Speaker 1: I'm going through divorce and it's hey, listen, you've seen how a show can change someone right. And again, the success rate of a divorce, I'm sorry, a success rate of a marriage lasting after being on reality television is very slim. But what advice do you give the women and who joined these shows has become successful and they it becomes their world and they and they no longer are the woman their husband's married.
Speaker 2: My only advice when any reality show someone comes to me with is, you have got to be prepared.
Speaker 3: To not be prepared.
Speaker 2: Everything that you think you have figured out, you don't. Everything that you think is solid, it isn't. Everything that you think is resolved or hidden, or you haven't spoken to that ex best friend in ten years. They're coming back like it's it's you think you And people say that people will be like, you knew what you got to know?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I really I had an idea. I didn't know at all.
Speaker 2: So whatever you however you think it's gonna go, however you feel it's gonna play out, I've got this, I'm good at my ducks in a row. You gotta be prepared to throw all of that out the window. And you cannot guarantee anything nothing, And so if you can live with that, if you can sit there and say, my marriage might end, I might have to share custody with my kids, I might only get one season. The cast might ice me out. My ex best friend's gonna come back and blow shit up. My mom is gonna dog me out to these women. If you can sit here and accept all of that and be okay with it, then go damn.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's real. That's You're the first person in my life I ever heard explain it that way. I'm even I was on tour ni me and a cast member my show was asking her like, what bye do you give reality stars? And she was talking more about the business, and she also said like, don't we the comments and we often? Yeah, Well, I promise you. I've been doing this for twenty years. I've never heard anyone say your ex best friend of ten years is coming out to get you. Be prepared for that. Be prepared for your mom to possibly go against you. Yeah, be prefar to be iced out, and also be prepared to maybe be on for one season. Be prepared for all of these things because you just don't know. And You're the first person I've ever heard explain it so eloquently and so so right. So right on. And I haven't stopped you because as a producer, that's the truth. It's a scary truth in all of this, and it is and it is and it is and you think you know, but bingch the moment you're in it, Yep, you don't have an idea. And I also I will also add to that to the women who join you hit it with the divorce and the custody, that's that's real shit. Yeah, you have to ask yourself, like what is your purpose? If you are a married woman with kids, especially young kids, yes, we have to ask yourself what is the purpose of this? And my advice to add on to Manahusb would be if you are married with small kids, you and your husband got to really sit down, yes, talk about this. If your marriage is strong, kudos to you. And I think that's why you and I get Rula so many propts because I'm like, I'm not mad at her for saying I get it, I know it, I see it. I'm still saying about this motherfucker. Oh there. Yes, I think that's brave, yes, and that it's her life.
Speaker 2: And I genuinely think that was something that they discussed before the show. Yeah, I think they were like, we know this is coming and we're gonna stick it out.
Speaker 1: And to your point, so what they weren't prepared for Joe Ellen to be the adult.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I'm saying. If you can sit there and.
Speaker 2: Say, every shred of the life I have right now will be gone and I don't know what it will look like when it's pieced back together, and what pieces are never coming back together, if I can look at that and accept that complete uncertainty for what it is and willingly then go on the show.
Speaker 1: All right, rain drops let Monica, because there's maybe that was on my drop, So rain drops let Monica, and I know your thoughts on this again, our thoughts go out to Angie, Sean An Electra.
Speaker 3: Yes, you go.
Speaker 1: To them for sure. And look, the real Housewolves Salt Lake City is coming back. I don't know when. I don't know when, but obviously it's coming back. And you know what a find does when it does. Okay, soone time, I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bye bye bye. Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz and a partnership with the Lack Effect Network. You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore