Speaker 1: Smooth jazz Let's play Ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is Leading Off. It is me and Joey p joe Pi's AP and we come to you every single day here on Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel Live so you can interact and hang out with us. And of course we're coming to you from our sponsor bet MGM. Download the app right now and head over and make your first bet on us using that promo code leading Off. And today the Welsh is celebrating another trip around the Sun. It's his birthday, but I feel like it's really my birthday because I get to spend some quality time with my good buddy, our social media director and your friend Ryan Warmly. Ryan, it's so great to have you on. And you mentioned we've never actually done a show together. You kind of you know, are so great. You give me a day off during football season from doing a show, which I love about you, but we never actually get to hang out together, so this is nice, so quality time for you and me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first one the baseball shows I did last year were with Dan Harris. Like you said, in football, I'm you're under under under understudy of shorts as the backup host. So yeah, I'm really excited to finally get to be on air with the great, the venerable Joey p.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's awesome is the best job in the world is always backup quarterback because everybody likes you more. Everybody likes Ryan so much more than me. Like that guy is a Ryan host more shows. Joe's a bald moron. I mean that. That's definitely most of the YouTube to be clear. No, also good point. And and also Ryan dressed up for the occasion today if you could see it on our YouTube channel. He's wearing his Orioles Hawaiian shirt, which is absolutely glorious. So we got to get some love on that. We've got a lot of baseball to get to, got a lot of things going on. We'll talk a little Waiver Wire today. Also, we'll plug that in here. Let's start with the headlines though, Seattle's ty France three hits and a home run and a loss to Theers. But nice night for ty France. Saw the one bomb two. It was a no doubter. Luis Surius has a quad that is starting the rehab assignment on on Saturday, so that's good. Jesus Sanchez continues to be hot for the Marlins, selling two hits and a homer against the Cards. Noah and Aronado having a fantastic month. He might be Player of the Month at this point. Great day for him, three more hits. Pablo Lopez strikes out nine in a win over his Cardinals, though. And Paul Blackburn, who I told everybody yesterday go play this guy in DFS. I hope you did one run, five innings, another win. I think this guy should be added everywhere. Paul Blackburn. I want to start with him because he is rostered and I think like thirty percent of formats right now, and although the minor league track record does not scream that he has got like sustainability, the increased strikeout rate is appealing to me. So Blackburn is one of these guys. Because he's an A, he flies under the radar. So Ryan, I don't know if you've got him in any formats, in any leagues, but Blackburn's a guy picked up last week off the good start, just to see and now I think it's gonna cost people twice or even three times the amount to pick him up this week.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't have him anywhere.
Speaker 3: He is still available obviously in plenty of leagues that you know, the opportunity is there if I do want to decide to go after him. I wouldn't put too much stock into yesterday because I mean, first of all, I can't believe you're starting with me having to talk about a negative thing with the Orioles, But it was going up against one of the worst offenses in baseball, and offense that has been bad, like whether they're at the Camden Yards with the extended fence or not, they've not been good this year at all. So I wouldn't put too much value in that. But you're right, there's been other signs throughout the.
Speaker 2: Season so far.
Speaker 3: He hasn't gone more than five innings yet in any game, so it's not like he's one of these guys going deep.
Speaker 2: But where are those guys anyways? So I like him. I think he's.
Speaker 3: Totally worth like a speculative pickup, and maybe even more than speculative at this point based on what we've seen. But I wouldn't put too much stock into like, oh, his price is gonna go up just because he did pretty well against like probably a bottom three offense.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, he's doing well and he's healthy right now, which it's a good combination of things to have because it's pitching injuries all over the place as we always see here in baseball, and I think maybe what we can do is get a good run out of him and then flip him if he can, in a package for somebody better or somebody returning off the eye out in a few weeks. Some injuries. Yesterday, Luis Robert did have a couple of hits, but he left with a groin injury and without hitting a home run. So I am sour because he was my pick yesterday and again another over night for me, I'm pissed off about it. I'm not happy. I'm not leaving April with one home run. That's just unacceptable. John Gray also headed to the injured list with a mild MCL spraining to his left knee. So more to come with that. So two injuries, the robber one obviously more substantial. We'll keep an eye on that. More information to come. I want to play a little. Can we talk about this to start with Jazz Chisholm, who's hitting lead off to the Marlins on Thursday. Now, Chisholm off to a very hot start. This was a very divisive player heading into the season, twenty four years old. He's slashing two ninety six, three forty four with a seven forty one, slugging two homers, two doubles, two triples, a partridge in a pear tree RBI, and of course the one stolen base, which is why you drafted him in the first place. So a very hot start to Chisholm. So, I guess here's my question. We all know this is unsustainable. Is this the perfect time to flip him for something and an asset that might be way more sustainable? Or do you think Chisholm's gonna have some of these more high points in the season than we realize. The lows are gonna come, but this is a high point, and if you can have a couple of them, that's gonna make for a really good overall rotal player. Your thoughts on Chisholm's hot start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked Chishm a lot coming into the season. He was one of those guys who, yes, he's up and down at times, but I really think of him as somebody who when I'm playing fantasy, I'll just say sort of like philosophically, I want the guys who are gonna be up and down because I want to take a chance that they're gonna be up for a lot more than we sort of expected. And he's a guy that I like, I said, I really loved coming into the year. His expected batting average based on the batt of ball like profile isn't as high as his current batting average is, but he has still made a dramatic jump in that batterball profile from last year and last year he had made a jump from the first year. And he's sitting the ball hard on exactly half of his at bats. His hard hit rate is fifty percent, so I can understand why he's expected slugging would be high. His WOBBA is pretty high. He's pulling the ball a lot, like I think of his of his ten or eleven hits or whatever he has this season, like nine of them are are down the line, And frankly, I don't care if a player is doing that. You think of like the old school baseball thoughts of like, oh, you're a good hitter, you use all parts of the field. You can drive ball at the middle. If you're hitting the ball hard. I don't care where it goes. He's sitting the ball hard.
Speaker 2: I really like him.
Speaker 3: And he's also just like electric and so much fun to watch and to have on your roster, like I enjoy watching. Did you see he had the thing with the umpire where he was like like no, no, no, I got this, like trying to tell him to get back in the box next pitch home run.
Speaker 2: Like the dude's just fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like the good energy. I like the entertaining guys. Everybody knows that now Doctor Glenn sometimes is entertaining. If an r Peanuts and cracker Jack gallery, and he said, I gave Jazz Chishom a high five. It's spring training. That's what this hot start is really all about. And that's how it started, basically, so doctor Glenn once again taking credit for things that can't possibly be traced back to him. But that's good. I like when the Pienza cracker Jacks think that they control the universe, because it feels like they control the show most days. That's for sure. I love you, Doc, It's great to see you back in the chat today. Garrett Witlock likely to start for the Red Sox on Saturday at Tampa. Now some weird things going on. Rich Hill's on the bereavement list and Tanner howckets unvaccinated, so it's like they had to reshuffle everything around. But this is funny because Garrett Winlock is this guy that well Sho and I have been on. We love him as that potential closer he got to save the other night. He started off really good. He's got eleven strikeouts and two walks and nine to two thirds innings. But it's gonna raise his profile if he has a really good start and then beg some more questions. This is another dude that I feel like, as an asset, just add talent to rosters instead of holding onto guys that are really just fringe players. Anyway, Witlock is another dude that if he's still floating out there, I think it got to add this week. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, definitely talented, and I agree with you fundamentally, like ad talent, that's always a good thing. I wouldn't put too much stock into this first start. I mean, has he thrown more than like forty pitches in a game this season?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: And just with the way the landscape of pitching right now across baseball. I certainly wouldn't expect me to go deep in the game in his first start. Maybe they work him up to that down the line, but I think the better value is, like you said, as a potential closer, somebody who can be like a multi inning reliever.
Speaker 2: That so like, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I'll certainly be paying close attention to it, but I don't know how much stock I would put in whatever the stat line.
Speaker 2: Is on this first start.
Speaker 1: All right, moving on to the next topic here, Bobby Witt. Let's talk about him dropped his seventh in the batting order for the Royals. Look, I think this is an overreaction by the Royals. Maybe they're trying to take more pressure off of him, but I think it's the opposite effect. I think what you want to do is you want to keep the kid at the top of the order in front of more lineup protection, not drop him down in the order. So I think this is stupid by the Royals and short sighted. The Royals are not going to win a World Series. There I said it. Spoiler alert, sorry, everybody. The Royals aren't winning the Pennant this year. And I know it's April and everyone's trying to win games. But you've got to get Bobby Wit Junior. Right. I know it's been a terrible start. The slash is just abismo f thirty one over his first forty played appearances. But this is your opportunity because I'm sure there's somebody who overpaid for Bobby Wit that's freaking out right now. I would kick the tyres on a trade. He's too good of a player. He was red hot in spring training. This is also the ebb and flow of a baseball player. They get red hot and then all of a sudden they get a cold streak. It just so happens. It's cold streak is to start the season. So I would be buying everywhere. What do you think about Bobby Wood Junior in this change that they've had in the lineup where he's hitting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really like your point about whoever took him probably is overly concerned right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I mean it's been two weeks into the season. Every player is going to go through a two week stretch similar to this. Now, the bad of ball profile, like I'm reference four, isn't good. It's not like he's been getting unlucky and hitting the ball hard, and then it's just being right at defenders. He hasn't been hitting the ball well, period, so I get it, but it is very early to be tinkering. I don't like when you have a top prospect and you say, okay, like we believe in you, you're the guy, you're here, end of story, and then you change it so quickly, like I don't know anything about Bobby witz like personality. I've never met him. He probably can handle it. I'm sure he's fine, but it's just something I don't like. It seems like unnecessary, like pressure and stress to just move move young hitters.
Speaker 1: Around like that.
Speaker 3: And we see this a lot with young hitters too, like Alex Bregman was what over twenty eight to start his career. You know, Mike Tratt was bad his first summer up in the big league, So like, starting slow doesn't necessarily mean he's going to.
Speaker 2: Be bad the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Even he's still they're giving him the green light to run a lot if he needs stolen bases. He's playing very well in the field, so he's going to continue to get at bats and still be playing. It's not like I'm worried about them sending him down or anything like that. But yeah, to me, it's just a move. I don't get I don't I don't think it makes a lot of sense to move him around, at least at this point in the season.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to know a little bit more about him, he's he's a Gemini born June fourteenth. He's from Colleyville, Texas. Now as a Gemini, he has those two personalities. So this is the bad hitter. I WoT the good hitter to show up. See what I did. I don't know what it is. I don't know what his sending sign is. And it says that he enjoys photography projects and DIY stuff, and he also enjoys jazz music, which you wouldn't think that.
Speaker 2: For it to be clear, when you say he's a Gemini, that means nothing. I don't know what a gemini.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm a Leo. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Well that we could do a whole astrological show later on. It means that it means that the universe cares about you, and that's what it means, and the stars hopefully will align for Bobby Witzee, what I did there? Look at that? Look how I just bring it all?
Speaker 2: All? Right?
Speaker 1: Fun facts tied for some fun facts. I saw this tweeting it. It's fun. Through three hundred and fifty career games Vladimir Guerrero Senior two hundred and eight runs, four hundred and four hits, seventy one homers, two hundred and twenty one our through three hundred and fifty career games from Vladimir Guerrero Junior two hundred and fifteen runs, three hundred and eighty one hits, seventy six home runs, two hundred and twenty one RBI. Now, no one was ever gonna confuse these two guys in the field of Laddie Senior was incredible arm talent, great right fielder. Vlad not so much the defensive genius. But man, it's kind of scary how good these guys are. And if this trajectory holds, Man, I mean, this is a Hall of fame kind of career we're seeing for Vlad. I hated that narrative that was out there earlier this year in draft season about you can't take Vlad as a first round pick. I sure people say this in Rodo to which I think you're drunk. Go home. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Do you know anything about baseball or you just such a nerd that you just sit here and look at you know, wOBA and Xip all day until your you know, eyes bleed, Because if you know anything about baseball, this is a great player, a guy who can win a triple crown. That matters in Rodo. I don't care if it's in the steel bases. He's gonna hit for a high average, dry he's gonna have a four category. This is the dumbest narrative I saw out there on Baseball Twitter, and Baseball Twitter has a lot of dumb narratives, so I just wanted to point this out there. Vlad Gerrero Junior. I have no shares. Wish I had any shares for you so far this year that you've been able to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have only one.
Speaker 3: But it was a keeper and it was a league that I took like I'm a co owner with a friend that he had had him earlier, so kind of, but I can't really take credit for it. I would have happily taken him in the first round in any draft I was in if I had the opportunity, I don't understand that logic at all, Like, if you're going to give me a guy who's not just going to be a four category contributor, but a four category stud I mean all day, I made a bold prediction before he made his major league debut that he would have a better career than his dad, even taking into account the fact that he will never come He will never sniff the defensive value that Lad Senior broad So he has to really out hit his dad for that to be true. Right now, he's on the same pace as his dad, which is still freaking incredible. It's not quite out out pacing him yet, but I mean, this is one of the five best hitters in baseball in my eyes, and I think in a lot of eyes, and I think he should.
Speaker 2: Be a first round pick for the next twelve years, like the.
Speaker 1: Top five talent. I mean, yeah, I mean his top five and first base was exactly a great position this year. People are he's in a great.
Speaker 3: Mind, Well, I mean there's no what only literally the only negative you could possibly come up for with him is that he doesn't steal bases, which fine, most of the league doesn't steal bases anymore.
Speaker 1: Give me the uh. I'll give you forty two home runs this year for Flatti. You're gonna go over under.
Speaker 3: I'll go over, although although the the fence moving back at Camden Yards is probably gonna hurt him since he loves hitting at Camden Yards.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm going over.
Speaker 3: And there's not a lot of guys I would say that about where I would be as bullish as I am. But he I mean again, he's a top five talent, another guy who's super fun to watch, and he's still young and like learning the pitch in this league, He's only going to get better. I can't throw enough cliches your way about Vladdie Well.
Speaker 1: I love a good cliche. And yesterday was the show where we praised the starting rotation and how good they've been, how oddly good they've been for the Orioles.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I missed that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I missed an Eddie Murray reference in the trivia section. I missed talking about the Orioles rotation. I mean it was by the way, Bruce Zimmerman is a Marilyn native. You said, who is that guy? When you're doing that conversation yesterday. He's been pretty good this year.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I just I don't want to acknowledge anyone who names himself Spencer, and it's got.
Speaker 2: An that's harder to defend.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous, no respect there. Just kidding Spencer. I know he's a big fan of the show. Let's talk about MLB slugging percentages, because Mike Mayor is gonna yell at me if I don't. He's like, I put this in the show sheet. You look at the show sheet. I was like, all right, Mayor, I see it. I'm trying to get Ryan all set up. It's very high maintenance this morning, Mayor. I guess that cold medicine is finally kicked in for him. Slugging percentages in April over the last ten years are three ninety one, three ninety five, four oh one, three eighty nine, three ninety so kind of hovering the same spot last few years four five, four oh seven, four hundred and four to twenty one, three ninety so far three sixty nine. Now, I don't want to take too much out of this because there's been a lot of games in cold weather environments like Colorado this time of year. It's cold, Detroit cold. I don't know why we insist on opening out away or or in home stadiums that are cold. I don't know why this happens, but there's been some really frigid temperatures out here. I know there's been worse at times. But I'm not making too much out of this. I know we talk about that dead and ball. I know a lot of people want to talk about that, that the ball has been dead, and to me, like one good hot week here from a couple guys. And let's not forget people were behind in spring training. It's gonna change by the time we get to May. I guarantee you that three sixty nine is probably closer to that three ninety mark. You think that's true or do you think that I'm not paying enough attention to what's going on, which is also possible.
Speaker 3: Well, first saw that's very possible. I would never take that off the table, but I would say, I mean to be fair on the cold weather. It's cold every April, and this season actually started a week later, so theoretically it would be just that marginally less cold.
Speaker 2: You would think I haven't crutched the numbers on the weather of the last ten years.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't work for the Weather channel in your spare time. Let's not pretend years no, of course, but.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, it's just one of those things where like I mean, we've been talking about how hitting has been getting tougher and tougher for a decade now, and usually you see that represented in the batting average going down as people are selling out for power.
Speaker 2: So it is a little.
Speaker 3: Interesting to see it being reflected in the slugging percentage. But it's just I mean this, it's hard with any stat regardless advanced bad ball profile standard stuff, two weeks into the season. I mean, I mean, the thing about baseball that's different from say football, is with football, you can tell pretty quickly what's going on two weeks into a new season. In baseball, you need there's just too much going on, so you need those those advanced analytics. That's why we have saber metrics in baseball, is to be able to take into account all this information that the human brain can possibly do on its own. But early in the season that information hasn't stabilized yet, so it's really hard to sort of balance the eye test and well, anecdotally he looks pretty good or the league was pretty powerless this year versus the numbers.
Speaker 2: So I really.
Speaker 3: Struggle to take too much away from pretty much anything I see two weeks into the season.
Speaker 1: I agree it's too soon. Let's talk about our stat heroes yesterday. We'll start with the pitchers. Pablo Lopez we mentioned at the top nine k's no earn, big win for him. He's two to zero now with a point five two ERA. Carls Carrasco, he wasn't kidding, he said he feels great. He's been pitching pretty well. He's got a one four seven RA seven k's yesterday and a win over the Giants. Zach Pleisak was good in his game and just want to earned run. Ten kse through seventeen innings, but obviously plea Szach not a big strikeout guy. Kevin Gosman with a nice outing against the Red Sox. Is important outing for Gosman because you know there's some questions there how would he transition to the American League. So far, so good. Joe Ryan, my dude who I took in every single draft I think when we were doing all those mock draft shows, and I have him on every single team. I love me some Joe Ryan, ariel Con and I could not say enough good things about Joe Ryan in the off season. Six innings, no earn, two hits, one walk, five k's and win. I know it's the Royals, I don't care. It's a good start. And Jordan Montgomery good start for him, five k's, two walks and a loss to the Tigers. There but Jordan Montgomery continuing to pitch well after a good, good run last year in twenty one. Any of these performances in particular stick out to you, Ryan, Yeah, I mean a.
Speaker 2: Lot of them were pretty good.
Speaker 3: The thing that sticks out to me most is that, annoyingly, I don't think I roster any of these guys except for Joe Ryan, who actually do have Because I listened.
Speaker 1: To you there you go. Yeah, but Ryan.
Speaker 3: I will say to me, like, the one that stood out though most of them, was Kevin Gossman. Seventy of his eighty pitches that he threw yesterday were strikes, which is like bonkers. And as a guy again who watched him a lot in Baltimore, Like that's even more crazy from you. Imagine the guy I saw, you know, five years ago, doing that now. He has twenty two strikeouts this season in eighteen innings zero walks. He has the most swinging strikes induced the season in all Baseball fifty seven. Behind him are Rodin Corbyn Burns, Otani, delan Cees. They're all behind him. He's number one at fifty seven. I was looking this morning. Our rest of season rankings on the site have him at pitcher eighteen going forward.
Speaker 2: I actually think that's too low.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying he should be like top ten or anything, but I would have him in the back end of the top fifteen. I again, he's on a great team, like they're gonna win a lot of games. He looks really good to me so far this season. I totally bought in on him as a true fantasy ace for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Of course, Ryan picks the former oriol By the way, Jake Arietta retired this week, did you pour out a little from your old English well for your home?
Speaker 3: When one Jake Arittor retires, he's then replaced by Gossman, who's Ariata two point zero And in terms of making Orioles fans want to drink for other reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fair it's fair. It's just what could have been. Yeah, it could have been. All right, Let's go to the hitters. Ty France three for four with a dinger. Francisco Lindors just red hot. Four home runs. It took him fifty games to get the four home runs last year. He's got four already and it's only the twenty second of April, actually twenty first, considering yesterday. Franmil Ray is a homer for him. That's great, hist first dinger, he's on the board. Let's go for animal. Robbie Grossman a good night and he's cheap in DFS tonight, So get on that wagon. Get on the hot streak. Three for three yesterday with a walk. Nathan Lowe three for five, a good day for him. He's up to three ninety six on the year. Jesus Sanchez just can't be stopped. Three dingers for him, three fifty six. And Sean Murphy good Irish lad home run for him, three ribies last night. Murphy's my default catcher everywhere, because goodness knows, I never liked to draft catcher. So any of these hitters you want to highlight today, Ryan, Yeah, three names and maybe some underrated ones.
Speaker 3: Briefly on France. I'll just mention it because I keep mentioning the bat ball profile. His bat of ball data is like top eight percent in baseball. He has been on fire in the last week. I love him hitting second in America's lineup that is performing better than I expected it to coming into the season, even with Julio Rodriguez not playing so well. But I'm to actually ask you about Lindor, who I drafted in a lot of places. I love the value this year. I love getting a star who's on a new team in year two on that team. It's one of my favorite, you know, types of players to go after. I just made a trade actually this week in one of my leagues where I have the best hitting in the league.
Speaker 2: But the worst pitching.
Speaker 3: I made a trade with the best pitching in the league who has the worst hitting. I gave up Francisco Lindor, maybe selling high a bit. I got Justin Verlander in return. I'm curious what you think.
Speaker 1: About it, two of my favorites. You know how I know you know I'm a Verlander guy. I think that's fair for everybody. I like the fair trade. Look, Lindor is at his Zenith right now, there's no doubt about that. But I do think you're gonna see a guy who's more the thirty home run, you know, fifteen to twenty stolen base like you're gonna see Lindor from his Cleveland days this year. It's clear he's back on track. I think mentally is in a better place. I think Buck Showalter goes a long way with all that. And this is why people who say managers don't matter, you're so wrong. They do. These are people, they're not video game characters, they're just not And being able to get into a guy's psyche a little bit, get him relax, and get him in the right frame of mind, that goes a long way. And I was with you. Lindor was a player to me that was right for the taking. He was a fringe first round talent going in the fourth round in some drafts. So that's just nuts to me. Like, Lindor was there, and this is a Roto league. You made this trade, Yes, in a Roto league, you're good. Look, he's a very valuable player because he's a five category guy. Potentially maybe not so much in the batting average, but he's had some good batting average years. But Verlander is again four category pitcher. So I think you made a really good trade there. I think you got an ace for a top tier guy. And goodness knows so far justin Verlanders think And he goes on the mounta tonight too, very excited about that one. Some pitching zeros. Let's get to the zeros. Deskalfani nine earned runs now in thirteen innings, gross, terribles VRA's at six, Tyler Wells also gross. One strikeout. My goodness, gracious, what happened to the Orioles. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: We don't need to talk any more about the Oriols.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll move on. We already piled on Bobby with Julio Rodriguez, seeing if you get set a Rob Deer like number of strikeouts over five with another four? Oh, my goodness. Look, when you're striking out fifty percent of the time, something's wrong. I don't think. I don't think he's going to somehow get past a demotion. And I would tell everybody wait, wait for the demotion, because that people want to buy now. Don't buy now in dynasty leagues, sure, but in a redraft don't buy now, wait for the demotion. He's gonna get dropped. I'm telling you right now, people will just straight up drop him. Sa Carlos Stanton Oh for four to two k's of his own three k's for tyler O Neil Whit Maryfield continues to struggle a little now. I'm stay to get a little concerned with whit Maryfield. I thought he would have turned it around by now. One of the best just pure hitters in baseball. Just an awful start buck thirty six, but he has to have three steals. This is another Bilow candidate for me and Paul gold Schmidt. No Homer's eleven games, and he started off slow last year too, So Marryfield and Goal which mean I'm not worried about Are you worried about either of those guys?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say long term worried about.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on Wit where I sort of expected him to be showing more signs.
Speaker 2: At this point and you know, in the young season. But again it.
Speaker 3: Still is only two weeks in, so I certainly wouldn't say, like long term worried. I do want to mention on Gian Carlo. His strikeout rate is the highest of his career. His walk rate is the lowest of his career, and the walk rate usually takes a little longer to stabilize, so he needs probably about another two weeks to get there, maybe even more. But the strikeout rate usually stabilizes pretty quickly, and he's a few percentage points higher than any other season in his career, so that that would be a little more concerning to me on him, just because I mean, strikeouts and walks are sort of the quintessential like things you look for. But and and really the whole Yankees lineups struggled. Obviously, I've been very your curial, But yeah, on those, on those last uncul Schmid and Meryfield, I wouldn't be overly worried about them. I'd be paying close attention, but not not selling or anything.
Speaker 1: Two days in a row. Good votcab from co host here, mercurial, well done. Let's get to the home run leader board. There it is, JP is still at the top with six up and at them still at six bot At Dela Cardillo and Go Cards both had Francisco Lindor and they were both up to five two hundred and fifteen home runs as a group. Already we had one hundred and twenty eight people make different home run calls at least one right last season. We're up to one hundred and forty eight through two weeks of twenty twenty two. That is in fuego, as they say, so, credit to all of you out there who are making these home run calls. And clearly this is fine. And I'm telling everybody there's still plenty of time to get in here. I'm telling you We're gonna give away a fantastic prize. Is gonna be a really fun thing at the end of the year, whoever the winner is. And on top of that, we're gonna try to give some monthly prizes out too. We'll see what I can shake everybody down for. I just realized too. You put us together, we become Joe Ryan.
Speaker 2: Do you see that show?
Speaker 1: Whoa Dude? Let's get to some prop bets. Thanks to our friends at bet mgm, the King of sportsbooks, special offer for all you new users. Bet ten dollars win two hundred when you bet on any game, regardless of the outcome, it doesn't matter. Sign up today, download the betmgm app, or just go to betmgm dot com. And enter the promo code leading off. It's one word leading off. Bet ten dollars, win two hundred. Come on on anything, just go do it. How about on some of these things, Let's talk about my favorite prop bets of the day. CJ crone total bases is set at just point five on DK. Is anybody watching CJ croned? I know he's going to get Schooble. He's pretty good. CJ cron is gonna get a total base today? Okay to reach Schooble. On that same game, we went with the over on the strikeouts last time. It's four and a half on FanDuel. I want to go bet that on FanDuel. And again, all of these are coming straight from our prop bet cheat sheet, which you can find at bettingpros dot com. We lay it all out there. You literally can look at it, find the best ones, click on that and go directly and make your wager. It's glorious Jazz Chishol who's been red hot. His total base prop is point five on DK. What did you not hear all the jazz chism love that we gave here earlier on the show. Bryce Harper total basis point five on DK as well. So those are some spots to make some wagers today. Going to the DFS slate for the day, We've got Freddy Peralta potentially on that bounce back, interesting tournament play. Roster percentage is gonna be low. If he has a classic vintage Freddy p start, He's gonna win people some money. I'm just telling you you might want to have some exposure. One lineup to Freddy Peralta nine point nine on FanDuel, but just eight point nine on DK side. Schooble's just seven point nine on fandle. He's an interesting one. Another potential moneymakers. If Trevor Rodgers bounces back and figures things out, he's just seven to one on FanDuel. That allows you to get every big bat you want. Michael Kopek tonight eight point four k on DK A, nine point five on FanDuel. Justin Verlander is my chalk play of the day, ten point five on both sides. Go get him Justin Verlander and make Ryan warmly happy because you just got acquired very happy. All right, Any pitchers that you're on tonight in the DFS world from of the names here on.
Speaker 3: The sheet, Yeah, I liked I do like Kyle Wright. I wish he was a little cheaper than nine thousand. I like Trevor Rodgers a lot. He was the one that I highlighted just because I love I love that price, and I think that could be pretty He could have a pretty impressive outing. I like Scooble too. Peralta I might be a little expensive, but I'm with you that I think he could certainly have a great outing.
Speaker 2: And I do want to mention because you didn't give me.
Speaker 3: The chance on the ben pros prop bet cheat sheet, I did have a couple of picks there.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I like Freddie Freeman over one and a half total bases, one of the best sitters in baseball. If you're gonna give me a plus number, that's plus one fifteen. I like to get two bases tonight, at least. Nick Cassianos, this one's a little it's not total bases, it's to score at least one run plus one forty. And then Hunter Green. He's going up against the Cardinals, who are bottom five and strikeout percentage this year. I just love Green so much. He's just so much fun to watch, he said. A major league record for pitches throwing one hundred miles an hour in just his second start ever. I mean the dude again, like gatism, just electric, like so much fun over five and a half strikeouts.
Speaker 2: I like that one as well.
Speaker 1: I love Hunter Green, That's my dude. Had many an argument about Green over Lodolo me of course, being on the Green side in the last year or so, so far looks good. I think Lodole's gonna be a nice pitcher too. Lefties take a little bit longer typically speaking, but those are some good ones too, especially like the Hunter Green one. Stacks of the night, the Mets, the Dodgers, the Houston Astros, and the San Francisco Giants. I look for that offense to bounce back. That Giants offense is plucky. Not a lot of big names or roster Persangezo's gonna be low. But you know now that they've they've moved on from the Mets were really annoying. In terms of starting pitching been really good across the board. Me Chris Bassett, his bad start was he gave up a couple runs in the first inning that was like, oh my god, the earth has shattered. Here's some lineup builders for you to get your pens and papers or I don't know whatever things people write with or type into nowadays. DraftKings a kil Bado three one, Josh Low two point eight, Marcelo Zuna just three k tonight, Cody Bellinger three point one. These were all on DK Robinson Carona three to six, Cooper Hummel, who also likes to collect humbles, those little tiny figurines. By the way, people don't know that. I'm just making up hobbies for people today on the show. That's what I'm doing. Christian Pasche, who continues to swing a good bat two point four. It's not a great hitter, he's just hot right now and he's cheap. So let's go fan duel Nelson Cruz cheap again. I told you yesterday, Roster, if you did, you got a home run back to the well today at two point nine. He's actually less expensive day over day. I don't know why. Christian Pasche two point four over on FanDuel Cano two point six, Cooper Humble two seven with Meryfield cheap. I'm gonna buy in two point seven. Nico Gudrum if he's starting a two k free square Alert for Nico Goudrum if he's in the lineup for the Astros and then a kil Badoo two point two. So that brings us to our home run call of tonight. So Ryan Warmly, I'm gonna give you the boards is your this is your debut for twenty twenty two on the Eating Off Show. Where are you going for your home run call tonight and or this weekend?
Speaker 2: So unsurprisingly, I'm going to pick an Oriole.
Speaker 3: Last year when I made my debut ever on this show, I picked an Oriole Santan Dre going up against Shohyo Tani of the Angels, and he paid off for me. So I'm going to go again with an Oriole going up against the Angels Trey Mancini. His expected batting average this year is like one hundred points higher than what it's actually been so far. He's been getting hosed, hitting the ball hard, and it's just been robbed and robbed and robbed all season long.
Speaker 2: He's due for his first homer. They're not in Baltimore with that crazy fence.
Speaker 3: Now, not that Los Angeles is an easy place to hit, but I'm just saying, this is the night that the Oriols offense finally breaks out and I'm going to Trey Mancini.
Speaker 2: I had to do it for the first one this year. At least it was going to be.
Speaker 1: An Oriole And it looks like Mike Maher is holding your hand in solidarity with you. He's going Ryan Mountcastle, shocker, so Mountcastle actually, So.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good thing, even an Orioles aside.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to make a home run call, go to fan slast chat, join our discord, and you will see the home run channel when you be a come up premium subscriber here. So look, if you're running a lot of leagues, if you're in a lot of leagues already in different places, you can use our Fantasy Pros tools to manage all of them, find your free agents, even set your lineups just on Fantasy Pros for all those leagues on ESPN, on Yahoo, on this one, on CBS, all of them. Okay, So it's basically going to pay for itself and you might win some stuff. You can have some home run calls with us and have some fun. For me today, I'm going to the desert to Arizona where the ball flies out pretty good, and Peede Alonso for the weekend. Give me Pee Alonso for the weekend. I want to watch them hit four home runs so I get back into this race. Hot weekend from Peter A. Lonzo is all I need, So let's go. Pdie Boy is my pick. I am, I am stone cold, I am colder than Julio Rodriguez. Right now, let's get Ryan your final eh my god, your final thoughts before heading into the weekend. Ryan, anything out there for you?
Speaker 3: I would say less baseball specific more podcast facinic.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me on for the first.
Speaker 3: Time, and I look forward to to filling in again as needed whenever I can. And we have finally broken the seal of Joe and Ryan hanging out together on a show. So I'm very grateful for this opportunity and hopefully by next time because apparently I was getting slacks from Mayor that my mic was kind of off with shocker that I feel like that happened every time I'm on the show.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's better next time.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's perfectly fine. It's all good. It felt like we were good, and then who knows this is You can't worry about these things, but I agree, it's nice to finally interact with you on air for a change. This is a good time. And also keep an eye out new waiver wire video drops on Fantasy Pro's MLB channel. Oh that's right, we're doing waiver wire stuff. So who do I want to add beside some of the names that I dropped while I dropped a few more of them. So go subscribe to Fantasy pros MLB today. I told you I want to get those subs to ten thousand this year. That's my goal in life. I think it's a lofty goal. I think we could do. It will help me on the social side, but a worthy goal. We'll probably all short, but maybe not. Maybe not. Look how many people are calling home runs in April, more than we had all year. It's a beautiful thing. Have a great weekend, everybody, enjoy your baseball. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Ryan Wrmalley, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time kids.
Speaker 2: Bye.