Speaker 1: De Winners Ankle will not practice, Christian caf Achilles Limited, Isaac Grindo Growing Limited, Juwan Jennings Ankle Limited, Huff Knee Limited, Aaron Banks Finger Limited.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, you said, Christian mccaffe, Achilles calf slash Achilles a new injury, No.
Speaker 3: Said Ankle.
Speaker 4: Is the oplique?
Speaker 3: Find out the ankles move?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 6: Yes, Ricky Pierce all update, Kyle, just we saw him out here on Tuesday, and I guess he was here Monday as well. How is he kind of being involved with the team and just how is he doing over all?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's's kind of been amazing just watching him. I'm getting to see him Sunday Monday, for him to be able to walk around and stuff with that happening and talking to people at the er, you know, saying out.
Speaker 2: Of like one hundred people, two people survived that.
Speaker 7: And to be able to see him the next day and just that he's able to walk, He's coming to meetings, he's doing all that, but you know, he wants to go a number a little a while, you know, a week or so without trying to work up a sweat, and then after that, the starter's rehab and.
Speaker 2: Progress again back.
Speaker 5: What was that like for you on on Saturday?
Speaker 6: Kind of like when you found out and kind of the emotions that you go through.
Speaker 7: Throughout that was really tough. We didn't know exactly, you know, we just knew that he got.
Speaker 2: Shot and that was all we knew.
Speaker 7: And then it took us about an hour to figure out what the hospital was and things like that, because he just made a couple of calls to people, so we had it from them, but none of us knew where he was or anything. And this was you know, it's like at three thirty. By the time that we got to him. It was good because by the time we found out where he was, we got to him, it was real cool. He facetimed me. That was like the first time I knew he was all right. You know, I got a call like twenty minutes before that saying he was conscious, he was talking, that he was going to survive and all that. But then he facetimed me right after from his bed. It was real upbeat, like it was. It was really amazing because that hour, when you hear about a shooting, we didn't know where it was or anything, so you just assume the worst. Then to hear us in the chest, you don't think that usually goes that well, then he actually had talked to him like fifteen minutes after that, and just talk to a guy that seems like he's okay.
Speaker 2: Obviously he's got a bad.
Speaker 7: Horrible injury and there's a huge mental side that'll go to that that he's got to work through for a while.
Speaker 2: But it was a lot of emotions.
Speaker 5: You'm letting him be as involved as he wants to be at this point, and obviously he would be bestent medical.
Speaker 6: Staff and whatnot, But if he wants to be around the.
Speaker 2: Team even oh yeah, of course. You know.
Speaker 7: I think it's and I think when anyone goes through something like that and everyone cares about him so much, but you know it's I told the team, like, everyone wants to show him they care, and so what do you do when you go up to someone You ask him how it happened and stuff, And it's pretty traumatizing story. And I told the team, we don't want to make him relive that eighty times. So he knows how much everyone cares about him.
Speaker 2: He loves being around. It's all up to him with that stuff.
Speaker 7: But everyone's trying to give him space in that in that way and just let him work through this process, because I mean, the physical things one thing, but it's a pretty big mounted toll on.
Speaker 4: Someone too mentioned that when of the first things that Richie said to him was you know, the party should go on. What were you going through in your mind about whether that was appropriate or not?
Speaker 7: I mean, we always I mean, if anyone knows us, we've never do something inappropriate. So we care about our teammates more than anyone. You'd have to be on a team to understand that first of all. But yeah, we were definitely into that, like we thought we were gonna we're assume in the worst for a while. You know. It happened about two hours before it and so you know, John went down there. I'm waiting to get the call to see what the deal is. And then when Ricky called me and he was totally fine and the things he said and being on FaceTime, and then it felt really good to get everyone over. It was actually a really cool opportunity, got the whole team together, got a TV out there for everyone to see, and then you got a FaceTime with the whole team and just let everyone kind of know or let everyone feel kind of how he made me feel when I.
Speaker 2: Spoke with him. Feel the mood of the party change once, yeah, I mean once everyone walked in.
Speaker 7: I mean, no one knew the exact story, so I was able to reassure everybody as soon as they got there that he was totally fine.
Speaker 2: And it's a miracle. I mean, like where he.
Speaker 7: Got shot is like two inches below his tattoo with praying hands like it was. It's kind of the whole story is kind of amazing. But to tell everyone as soon as they get in. You can't call the whole team, but to tell everyone right when they got there made it was really cool. And then about two hours later, Ricky got on and talk to everybody to.
Speaker 3: Kind of shit say about a guy like Ricky Peter saw. You see him walking hisself to the ambulance. He's just gotten shot. You see him trying to say the party goes on. He's talking to you guys. And then, like you said, he was here the other day just to go through all of the treat believes he was saying he had never had a teammate be shot, but to be present, what does it say.
Speaker 7: About your you know person that we've been so impressed with Ricky with everything he's done prior to this, and for this to happen, and just kind of the here kind of what his girlfriend, what his parents went through, even talking to Ricky like when it happens, you know, you know, he doesn't knowtal he actually gets to the hospital and talks to doctors and stuff that he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be all right. So for him to have to go through.
Speaker 7: That shock and the you know, the anxiety and the panic of not knowing whether you're gonna live or die, and then just you know, I saw the video that everyone saw him just walking through, but at that time, he has no idea he's going to be all right. You know. It's he's as tough as a person, I know, just going through a situation like that. We always felt this way watching him on the football field and things like that, but kind of to watch how he handled that situation and watch how he's been every day since it's been shows how special the guy he is.
Speaker 6: You mentioned the mental part is obviously in tremendous part of that, and how important is it for the team to make sure Ricky doesn't brush through that?
Speaker 7: And sometimes I think that's big I mean especially, I think each day the mental part becomes more a big deal.
Speaker 2: You know, the.
Speaker 7: Adrenaline and just surviving that, and you know, Ricky's saying stuff. You know, at first that doesn't matter, Like I still think I could play versus the Jets, like like those are the things he's talking about, and it's just like, dude, what are you talking about? Like there's other things, but the adrenaline of all that, And then I think each day, like just actually relive that, and you know what his family had to go through for a couple hours, I mean, just flying out out here not totally knowing on what the deal was going to be. I think that stuff for him or anybody, you know, it's when that adrenaline goes away that becomes a much bigger deal. And that's kind of what I mean by everyone kind of respecting that, because we'd all be the same and try not to make him relive it as much as possible. But it's a really an unbelievable story.
Speaker 6: Which you addressed this with the team to make sure they're in the right mental state moving forward.
Speaker 7: What's ahead the way I just said, I mean, it's more about the respect of Ricky and stuff I think our team was pretty good once we found out how Alrighty was. You know, everyone just like when people hear someone gets shot, you never think that's going to just be all right. You assume pretty dark things. But we had to go through a couple hours of that, but that ended pretty fast, and then it was more about just getting to see Ricky and making sure he's all right. And the guys have been great with that as always anytime you started.
Speaker 4: First time with Toddy says I you came back in andsonce Trend's situation. I know we got a little weird with brainon there, and he kind of admitted it was.
Speaker 2: He made a little tougher.
Speaker 4: How tough was that? Now that you can look back on it, for this team to go through that and is it go on no problem or there's still some no?
Speaker 3: How do that all?
Speaker 2: Thing resolve itself in your mind? The resolve is self perfect, just back to normal.
Speaker 7: So you know, you know, things get tough, you know, especially when it can go a number of directions. And that's I was saying you guys from the beginning, it could have gone a number of directions. There was times that they possibly could be traded there's times you could possibly be here.
Speaker 2: That was hard about the.
Speaker 7: Whole negotiation thing, and that is what made it different than usual. We'd never gone through it being so close both ways for it to end up working out here that you know, in the beginning, we wanted them here, Ba wanted to be here, and we all wanted to make that work out, and really in the end that was still the case. And you've got to go through that and make sure you're talking to people as humans, and both sides need to understand when you're talking that way, you're not negotiating.
Speaker 2: You're trying to tell each other how you truly feel.
Speaker 7: And when that is the same way as it was six months before that, those things are easy to get over. You just got to make sure that's truly how you feel, and you could feel that leading into it in the last few days. I think that's what made it easier to close it and get it done those last.
Speaker 2: Couple of days.
Speaker 7: And that's been awesome ever since, Like nothing ever happened.
Speaker 5: Anytime you started a new season. There's some things you're uncertain about. Last year was Brock's health. You've got some new faces and rookies in the laptop. If you had to pinpoint some things that you're not certain about, curious about how they're going to turn out on Monday, what would they be.
Speaker 7: I mean, we just I love going through a whole training camp and knowing exactly what you got right away and just preparing everyone for week one and then working off that. It is a little different when you know your left tackle hasn't been there, your guards, you're running back, and your starting receiver, and then you got also Green Lawn, you got Huff, but those guys, you know, Huff's got a possibility this week, Green Law we're gonna have to wait on. But the guys on offense, you know, there's a little question marks with the injuries and the guys not here, and then all of a sudden they are here. The guys are healthy, but we still got to work. It's awesome to have our guys back. I feel so good about our team, especially being able to finish these and get those two guys back contractually, get some of the health back that guys have been missing on offense, which feels great. But now I'm all about going to work, and that usually you start that pretty early in training camp. I got a lot of confidence in these guys that they're conditioned, they've done everything. But football is about playing as a team and having eleven guys move together, and that's.
Speaker 2: What we're trying to get done in these practices.
Speaker 7: The workload for.
Speaker 2: Those two guys, Williams, you expect Brandon to be able to play the.
Speaker 3: Ninety eight percent of the snaps that he normally can.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I'd be surprised with that, but my expectations. I thought I'd be surprised with ninety eight percent. But I'll see as the week goes. We've had one practice with them. He threw with Brock over the weekend. We got one practice with Trent. Today will be their second. See how they are these three days, and then kind of evaluate it.
Speaker 3: Neither of those guys is limitedd or a big help act.
Speaker 2: No, they're not limited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would have wanted Trent Dunne earlier, I assume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely as a trap.
Speaker 2: You know, it came like both the last year. It just gotten later.
Speaker 7: I mean it wasn't at first, because you know, I understood how it was going to be. I thought it would end up being faster, but it got more frustrated the last week because, like I said to the other questions, I.
Speaker 2: Want guys here.
Speaker 7: I want to prepare the guys for the season, and you only can do so much on your own. But the bottom lines are here, and we got a long season ahead of us, and we'll pumped out him for week one.
Speaker 2: The news.
Speaker 5: When you first got the news about Ricky and you were waiting to find out the severity, did part of you want to drop everything and rush to the hospital with John to be there with him.
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, obviously.
Speaker 7: But I'm in charge of our team too, and I don't do that stuff just so you won't say something negative about me. I try to make the right decision for the people I'm responsible for. And I had one hundred people about to show up to my house an hour and a half from there, and I.
Speaker 2: Try to do things for the right reason. People who know me never question that.
Speaker 7: But I would never do something just to avoid people saying bad things.
Speaker 2: Team captains, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We got eight of them this year, Bosa Warner, Juice Kittle, McCaffrey, Purty de b and Trent.
Speaker 7: Well. You're allowed nine. I always go with I try to do it right with the votes. I think we've always had six or seven. The seven and eight were like one vote off, and the ninth guy was like eight behind them, So it was really obvious who those eight were, and the ninth one was too far from it and I'd rather not have so many, but I'm not gonna pick when the team votes did that close.
Speaker 5: So you had to get back to work at any moment in the last few days where you just like take a breath and like, everybody's back together here, like what has it been like? Just kind of like kind of feeling feeling whole again.
Speaker 7: I guess that lasts as I walk out to the field and I see everyone and I'm real excited, and then I go right to the place and getting everyone to work right and everything else that comes with the NFL season. So it's awesome to get everyone here. Couldn't be more excited than that. But that ends is as soon as you enjoy that, and that usually lasts as soon as you start thinking about the game plan and what you're doing in practice, and then it becomes real football.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Told Brandon Allen and Brandon will be the two.
Speaker 2: Josh will be the three. Right now,