Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. I was at the CBS yesterday and they got their Halloween displays up? What is going on there? Have we ever figured that out? Has anybody ever figured that out? Is that just to put way back in the back of your mind when Halloween finally gets here. This is where you can get your candy that's part of it, or just get you first. Is there anybody who's buying their Calloween candy practically July?
Speaker 3: That would be odd.
Speaker 1: Now the giant I happen to be at a big box hardware store the other day. Holy Cow decorations are so cool these days. Halloween de expensive. Oh yeah, the big giant ghouls and ghosts that are now that's feet high in.
Speaker 2: That's slightly different because the popular ones have been selling out every year.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's infrastructure. But candy is is is combustible.
Speaker 2: The bags of Little Snickers are there on the shelf year round. You now just have a giant Halloween display next to it for those of you who need big bags of candy.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't quite understand what's going on. But is there anybody that's happy with that? Everybody I've ever known? In myself, I grown when I see Christmas stuff in August or Halloween stuff in July, I don't get happy about I think.
Speaker 3: What you're happy boost sales? Does it?
Speaker 2: Though? I just find it? I find it ard to believe anyway? For the first time ever, And I want to talk about this later because this is an interesting topic. For the first time ever, on your list of things you probably shouldn't do, there are more daily pots smokers than daily cigarette smokers or alcohol drinkers for the first time ever in nation's history. Wow, and people's attitudes, at least among the elite, have switched. It would seem on whether or not pot is just perfectly okay, don't worry about it. It seems like we're deciding it ain't the greatest for you, and we ought to take another look at this.
Speaker 1: Seems to be burn one down and relax. Yeah, seems to be a direction it's going. Yeah, I would agree. Interesting, So we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not.
Speaker 1: I want to talk at least briefly about doctor Anthony Fauci. I've come across new perspectives that have really opened my eyes to a couple of things. But first, well as an introduction future NFL Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna plead the fifth okay, oka like that, absolute coward, absolute yeah, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You got a pardon and you're in front of you, And pleaded over a hundred times, spent in the entire time writing in his diary about how fun it is to be famous.
Speaker 2: You gotta be kidding me. Okay, So on that note, what are you gonna say about me?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: You know, if I hire Aaron Rodgers, I'd want him to focus only on football, because I'm paying him for that. But if I am Aaron Rodgers and I've got more money than eighteen families could spend on a binge in a lifetime, I'm gonna say whatever the hell I want exactly. And remember, Aaron Rodgers was banned from playing or suspended or whatever because he is a healthy young man at zero risk of serious negative outcome, was forced to take the jab or he couldn't make his living, and he's pissed off about it anyway. Some of the stuff I saw in the Fauci diary that I didn't see over to the week until the weekend, where he was aware earlier than he obviously ever said out loud that the get in the vaccine didn't really stop the transmission, you know a lot of other things. It made it less like you were going to get really sick or die, which we talked about all the time. But the transmitting it and stuff like that, that was the excuse for mandating it. Nope, they knew that. That didn't make much difference.
Speaker 1: I finally got a chance to read The Fabulous Nelly Bowles comments on some of the revelations of last week, and she points out that nobody ever thought it was the wet market. Not really, the scientists didn't. They just pitched that as a as a cover up, and the completely incurious media who was part of the cover up will never admit it. She also goes on that he knew almost immediately COVID's case fatality rate was pretty low. He said, this is acting like a bad influenza, and it's transmissibility and the fatality rate is more like zero point two percent rather than two percent. But schools were closed, careers were lost, suicide spiked, etc. And all of those revelations will only be very likely reported on She writes. There's currently a TV news blackout on the story except on Fox News of course. Here's one analysis mentions of Fauci on the air July twenty fifth through twenty eight, when the whole diary thing came out, it was there was an hour and thirty nine minutes of coverage on Fox News. On CNN there was less than two minutes. Wow, CBS News thirty three seconds, MSNBC thirty two seconds, CBS six that's a local station, thirty one seconds.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. You couldn't get more than thirty seconds out of interesting stuff in your mind out of seeing that entry from January of two thousand.
Speaker 1: The most explained cataclysm that's ever hit mankind.
Speaker 2: Where he said it's now known that it didn't have a natural origin.
Speaker 3: Right. Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that it that it wasn't the wet market certainly. Yeah. I when the diaries came out thought, and I still think this to some extent, we need to focus on the origin and the cover up of the origin, and the constitutional rights that were squashed. And I thought the whole Wow, look how famous I am. Famous, people love me, I'm super popular.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 1: I thought it was pathetic, but I thought it was a distraction from the serious, serious stuff that we should be talking about, in terms of the COVID reaction and the traveling, constitutional rights and economics and people's emotions and the kids and.
Speaker 3: The rest of it.
Speaker 1: I still think that, although I've shaded my opinion a little bit. Nelly goes into great detail about how he really really loved being a celebrity and he was being worshiped, how there was a cult of Fauci, and goes into some great detail, and she's a wonderful writer. I'm going to skip that though, because I wanted to get to this, and it's from the fabulous Peggy Noonan who mentions Fowery. She writes about Fauci's diaries and Jack give us the quick a ten second version of the Diaries of Samuel peeps.
Speaker 2: Ah. He was a writer in around sixteen sixty. He kept the daily diary of life in London at a time of great political turmoil and a plague and everything else. Some of the most.
Speaker 3: Interesting great Fire of London too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of the most interesting things that ever happened in London's history happened while this guy, who was a great writer was taking a daily diary. And it's an incredible glimpse into that time and place.
Speaker 1: And he was in his late twenties and thirties, for what it's worth. But I found this really insightful. Insightful, So peeps, and it's spelled pepys. If you want to read the diaries, Jack says, they're brilliant. It looks like peppists, but it's peeps. He watched the Great Fire from the Tower of London, near where he lived, and came to grasp with shock the size and scale of it. In a famous passage on September the second of sixteen sixty six, he described seeing quote poor people staying in their houses as long as till the very fire touched them, and then running into boats. They're clambering from one pair of stairs by the water side to another, along other things. The poor pigeons, I perceive, were loath to leave their houses, but hovered above the windows and balconies till they were Some of them burned their wings and fell down. He recorded all the chaos around him. His writing was jagged in real time. He reported what he'd seen to King Charles the Second. He was also an eyewitness to the plague of sixteen sixty five, which took an estimated one hundred thousand lives, which was a quarter of the population of London in eighteen months. He records empty streets and carts collecting the dead. On June seventh, he passes the homes of the quarantine. Quote this day, much against my will, I did in Drury Lane see two or three houses marked with a red cross upon the doors, and Lord have mercy upon us written there. He was pained and frightened. He'd never seen such a thing. Then, Peggy Noonan writes, within this frame, elast I read the first five months of doctor Fauci's pandemic diary as I. As has been reported, it isn't about witnessing or capturing the size and scale of a crisis, or feeling shocked anxiety.
Speaker 3: It's about other things.
Speaker 1: His super a List Party House speaker Nancy Pelosi hugging him and kissing him, and another President Trump tells doctor Fauci, lou Dobbs told me you were the one of the smartest, knowledgeable, and outstanding person he knows. Fauci writes, I was very pleased. Others were stunned and impressed. Then an entry about being a national hero. Nice profiles of me in Political New York Times. A different day, different day. I did all five Sunday shows today, congratulates them. Shelves March twenty six, donuts are being named T shirts have my pictures. Press is still hot and heavy. These are all different entries, different days, movie stars sending him flowers, etc. One sense it screams seven deadly sins, writes, and he gave it to his pride. But it also makes the history in which he took such a big part. Look Banalan inhuman Your historic emergency is his media opportunity. His diary doesn't seem at all humbled by the role in which he's been cast or his responsibility. I saw no deep reflection on the sufferings of his countrymen. He doesn't see the red crosses on the doors. He attached clips of or links to fawning newspaper profiles and columns, but not to stories about what was happening in the civilian population population of his country as it went through a crisis. The sweep and detail of Peep's diary captures the spirit of his age, the restoration. Let's hope the flatness and self adulation of Anthony Fauci's doesn't capture ours.
Speaker 2: Well, that's really really good, and I would agree without one hundred percent. Yeah, I missed that. That is very, very true. The fact that he doesn't have long paragraphs where he's really uh, wrestling with the kids are missing out on graduation year or kindergarten and this is just got to be playing or this has got to be devastating to families, even if he did agreed with his policy, even if he was saying, but I think it's the right thing to do, blah blah blah, because but it's so difficult to know people are going through these How that's not part of your diary. In the midst of this is your this is why you have a career, was being prepared for this sort of thing, and when it happened, you're not writing about the devastation of it. You're writing about the I met Beyonce today, Right, That is pretty interesting. Yeah, it's a great contrast.
Speaker 1: My final exhibit in the trial of the Evil Murder of Doctor Fauci shallows that might be. Part of his problem is he's shallow. So it's ninety to ninety one, Michael, I'm going to need. This is Carrie Mullus, whose name you probably don't know. He's a scientist, a chemist. He invented PCR poly Moray's chain reaction. He won the nineteen ninety three Nobel Prize in chemistry. And he was in some sort of debate of with Anthony Fauci in the nineteen nineties and said this about Fauci.
Speaker 6: Fauci get up there and start talking. You know, he didn't know anything really about anything, And I'd say that to his face.
Speaker 3: Nothing. The man thinks you can take a blood.
Speaker 6: Sample and stick it in an electron microscope and if it's gottavirus in there, you will know it. He doesn't understand electron microscopy, and he doesn't understand medicine. Should not be in a position like he's in. Most of those guys up there on the top are just total administrative people, and they don't know anything.
Speaker 2: About what I knew. He didn't understand electron microsity. No, that's that's a really interesting angle that that he might have been just been a bureaucrat and didn't know the actual science.
Speaker 3: Next clip, Michael I Faut.
Speaker 6: She wants to get on television with somebody who knows a little bit about this stuff and debate him.
Speaker 3: He could easily do it because he's been asked.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've had a lot of people President of the University of South Carolina asked about you if he'd come down there and debate me on the stage in front of the student body, because I wanted somebody who was from the other side he come down there and balance my because I felt like, well, these guys can listen to me, but I need to have somebody else down here that's going to tell the other side what about you didn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: It reminds me what you're always saying, what about a law enforcement or the military, that the higher you go up the ranks, the more you become a politician and less a cop or a marine or whatever. Yeah, that must be true in the world of science too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely true. Yeah, he knows nothing about nothing.
Speaker 1: He's just an administrator and a self aggrandizing shallow hack who covered up for his own funding of gain of function reasons.
Speaker 3: I represent science.
Speaker 1: If a single word of that is contracted contradicted, rather between today and the day I die. I will tell you loud and clear and admit it. I don't expect I'll need.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 2: You want to hear a great tease? Sure, an up update on a story one of my favorite stories of all ill.
Speaker 3: Be the judge of that though, Go ahead.
Speaker 2: They've discovered Jimothy's father.
Speaker 3: That's really good.
Speaker 2: Katie's got Katy's got both hands. I'm so happy. Really they've found idiots. They've found Jimothy's father. Yes, I resigned, I'm resigning team coverage on that coming up later, say er, I uh worry about and read about the state of pot in this country of Fairmount, because I got two teenage boys, and I've known a few people in my life who whose lives were not good because of their addiction to the non addictive pot. But Free Press has got a great piece about that today, on how it's more like cigarettes than alcohol. It turns out we had the analogy wrong all these years, which I think is really interesting. And they've been dusting some of the street pot with fentanyl. You need to be very care that helps. Yeah, But more on that later. So Katie, I'm glad to see that while you were on maternity leave you had time even raising a newborn to stay up on the Jimothy story.
Speaker 7: Oh, Jimothy is at the top of my algorithm.
Speaker 2: Dude, with you people deformed raccoon that somehow has leapt into all of our consciousnesses. He's a doll, That's.
Speaker 3: Why he's a freak.
Speaker 2: But this this actually ends up being a little bit more of story about AI and how I don't understand how the chat bots work, So I asked chat GPT, what is Jimothy I'm frightened.
Speaker 5: Of.
Speaker 2: Its response was if somebody said jimithine had caught you off guard, there's no need to assume it's something dangerous. Jimmiothy is just a joking, made up version of the name jim or Jimmy. An Internet theme or humorous nickname. Can sound silly blah blah blah blah, but there's no reason to be bothered by the word Jimothy. And I responded, Wow, it's been on the news every day for weeks. I do not understand how your search engine works, and it responded with fair point and in this case, you were right to call me out, and then explains how it didn't have that information but then got that information. But again, I clearly do not understand how these search engines work. That I bring up jimothine, it has no idea what I'm talking about until I point out it's like a giant, giant story dude, right, and it does like one extra tiny layer of something and knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Right, like, for instance, finding out this Jimothy, let's figure out what that is before we answer this question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bother with that.
Speaker 2: And again, as I always ask, who cares about the Jimothy question? How often does that happen with things that I don't know? That it's really really wrong.
Speaker 7: Because it's too worried about trying to connect with you on another level, Like that text message that I sent you guys not too long ago where it told me to give my son extra snuggles for it from it from it, and I was like, what am I going to hurry my phone up against his forehead?
Speaker 2: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: So creepy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's weird because I think that the programming there is spliced between information and trying to connect with humans to keep them hooked.
Speaker 2: But like just just a cursor research of what the f is? Jimothy, what it brought you the infomo?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, One of our tech head listeners said, yeah, people rate how happy they are with the answers, and consistently most people like when it creepily.
Speaker 3: Tries to connect with you.
Speaker 1: We're outliers, you know, we just have to accept that most people like that.
Speaker 2: It did end. It did end after explaining what Jimithy is a deformed raccoon. Thanks for pushing back, It improved the answer. Did it pull a Joe and go what a freak? Pot's getting worse?
Speaker 3: Take him armstrong and getty.
Speaker 5: Trump said it's a disaster with no end in sight. Then Taco Bell said, Hey, that's our slogan. Then Trump said this cabinae just refuses to come together. Then Akia said, Hey, that's our slogan. Then Trump said everyone who was close to me is now distancing themselves. Then Tom's Natural deodoran said Hey.
Speaker 3: That's our slogan.
Speaker 5: Then Trump said I've never experienced anything so hard and painful. Kate cot Potatorship said Hey, that's our slogan. Then Trump said it's a mess, by far, the worst situation I've ever wandered into. Then e Kano Lodge said, hey, that's ours, and Trump said there's so much money down the drain and for what? Then the random Apple storage fee you pay every month?
Speaker 3: Said hey, that's our.
Speaker 2: Slogan, the random Apple storage fee. I knew a guy that used the natural deodoranti and there'd be one good word to describe him, smelly. M Maybe it works for you, but it didn't work for everybody.
Speaker 7: I worked at Trader Joe's where they sold all of that stuff and the people grabbing it off the shelves, same situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Stanky.
Speaker 2: Free Press with a really interesting article about pot today. For the first time on record, more Americans get high every day than drink or smoke every day.
Speaker 4: I'll just sto.
Speaker 2: It's a new situation. But there's something everyone missed in the data. Charles fain Layman writes in The Free Press the days of legal weed may be numbered. The support for legal marijuana is dropping for a variety of reasons. So, uh, if you're old enough, you've been listening to the we need to legalize marijuana argument for a very very, very long time, and I got come in. I remember Bill Maher used to make this, he's a regular pot smoker. He used to make this argument all the time too. What about alcohol? Why do we have alcohol?
Speaker 3: Wise?
Speaker 2: Alcohol? Okay, now it was always compared to alcohol, but this point in the Free presses it's turned out to be way more like cigarettes than alcohol, in that the consumption is being driven by daily users the way cigarettes are. Most people don't smoke by far cigarettes. The people who do smoke smoke every single day and keep the whole industry alive. Marijuana is closer to that than is the minority. A minority of people drink every day. There's a lot of alcohol can exist in lots and lots of people who drink occasionally, and that as a whatever you want to call it, a vice or whatever name you want to put on the darn thing. But marijuana is closer to the cigarette and that it's a smaller number of people that do it every single day. And he makes the argument in the Free Press that that's what is driving the whole making it so strong thing, because it's the daily users who buy most of the stuff, and it is a business. You build up a tolerance, so you want stronger, same with cigarettes, and so you're not catering to the casual I'm going to a concert once every six months user. You're catering to the daily potsmoker.
Speaker 1: The chronically dependent user, I think was the phrase they used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is really interesting when you think about it. Also, people's just attitudes about whether or not it's good for you are bad for you have flipped quite a bit in the last few years. I don't know if what's driving that is just looking around you. People don't like pot stores popping up everywhere. Apparently they don't like being able to smell it everywhere they go. Now, you know, I don't know how big a fact are they could be. You don't smell alcohol the same You also don't smell the vapes very much. No, I mean you.
Speaker 3: Hit the vape.
Speaker 7: Well, you hit the vape and it dissipates within seconds. And I have a bunch of friends who have quit drinking and have switched to pot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care about any of those things. I just care about young people damaging their brains irrevocably and causing psychotic episodes because it's such a strong drug at this point, and it's I actually just found out I have a friend who has an offspring that has been dealing with psychosis after heavy pot use, and it's it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and the vapor in it is really is really it can be a different thing for the way to affect your lungs and your brain and everything like that too. And then it's got like you said, it doesn't have really any smell. It's really hard to detect. So in terms of young young people, and they put it in flavor, you know, cherry flavored and everything like that good starter kit for a thirteen year old or whatever. That's fantastic, yes, Katie.
Speaker 7: But also the so the ways that they're distributing it now, whether it's a vape, which like I said, dissipates quickly, or the edibles, they're able to take the THHC and condense it down into such a strong level and then distribute it into these like baked goods or gummies or whatever it might be. That I mean, it's hitting people tenfold. It's it's not good.
Speaker 2: The number of people who identify as pot smokers has only gone up eight percentage points over a dozen years between twenty twelve and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good rise.
Speaker 2: But I see that doesn't account for a store on every other corner depending on what town you live in or whatever. And smokers or consumers. Yeah, well exactly. So it's not that many more people decided on, hey, I'm gonna smoke pot, but the number of people smoke it daily apparently has gone up or a lot or cook with it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, however you take it in, I shouldn't say smoke use, I guess would be better. I also am interested in as a kind of a libertarian. I am clearly not a full on libertarian because I agree with now most Americans fifty seven percent of Americans say we should ban tobacco products all together, not talking about marijuana, but like your cigarettes, what's the how do you justify cigarettes existing? Unless you're going with a libertarian, we're free people and we should be able to do what they do. But as a product, there's just there's just no upside to the existence cigarettes.
Speaker 1: No, I'm uncomfortable with that one because it's the classic example of if we had a if we did not have a gigantic welfare state in which I am responsible for your medical bills, what you do to yourself, the choices you make are your business and they're none of mine. But if and I hate to even say this out loud, but if somebodys say habitual smokers, sayrettes, and then my tax dollars pay for their medical care, I mean, where are we as well?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm a vapor now again, now that I've had my kid, I need some form of advice. So A, uh, it's I don't know, it's from China. Oh it's nicotine.
Speaker 2: None of my business. No, I won't. In the show, I promised thousands of people, Well, your cigarette thing, though, Joe, I think because cigarettes started as partially because they were lying to us as something that was practically healthy or certainly didn't do you any damage. I think if we known what cigarettes were, they're just a poisonous product. That's one of the most addictive things ever invented. If you started there, there's no way it would be a legal product. Is there is there anything else like that that's that deadly? With no benefits whatsoever? Nutritional first, quenching, nothing, and it's incredibly high, highly addictive. I don't think you could get it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not, But then you have the argument necessarily justify of that but go ahead, kittie.
Speaker 7: Well, no, there are just some people that say, like, you know, there are elements of nicotine that actually aren't bad for you. I know it might be a conspiracy theory, but I mean it's the chemicals within the cigarettes that create the actual smoke that cause the issue.
Speaker 2: Well, the ultimate point of this article in the Free Press is that people's attitudes, whether you agree with them or not, are moving more toward pots like cigarettes as a product bad for you and used by a small number of people regularly, than they are toward alcohol, which is what it was compared to my whole life. I think that's I wouldn't have guessed that this is where we're going to end up. Of course, I wouldn't have a guessed that they were going to come up with a new way to smoke it with vaping. I wouldn't have guessed that it was going to get so much stronger than you know what hippies it would stockwords smoking is just a different thing.
Speaker 3: Or college students in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Dabbing is how a lot of kids are doing themselves damage. I'm told by someone in the know, a method, Yeah, consuming cannabis using high potency concentrates like wax, shatter or butter vaporized on a hot surface. Extracts contain very high THHC levels, typically ranging from sixty to ninety percent.
Speaker 7: I can tell you about that. It's the crystals that actually fall off of the plant. Yeah, and then they collect those crystals and it turns into this, like you said, a wax like product, and they heat it almost like heroin, Like you can put it on a piece of foil and light it underneath and smoke out of the top of it. And I had a buddy almost die from that a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, they're finding new ways to utilize it. But I also disagree because I've had multiple friends get really sick and almost die from just being at the bar every single day and drinking too much because it poisons you.
Speaker 2: Ohly, sure, you can over drink, you can overdo lots of stuff. But the percent, again, a minority of people drink daily, whereas with potsmokers it's eighty five percent smokers, it's ninety percent.
Speaker 1: Well, and as a guy who quote unquote drinks daily, I mean there's just there's practically no I mean, I have a Scots when I'm reading Tim Sandifer's book at eight thirty at nights, I mean to say I'm a danger to myself or anybody else.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the point of the number. The number. The point is no, I get the point that most people don't, So why would you ban a product that most people aren't doing it daily? And people that do daily fine, But if it's only if it's a small percentage of people that do something daily, it's well, it's kind of a different thing, especially if it's got negative health outcomes. So what would you When you get into the whole libertarian what should be legal what should not be legal? It always gets interesting and complicated, and where you draw the line, e right, it always is, which is one of the reasons. I guess it's a good classroom sort of discussion. But to your cigarettes should be legal, Well, then the places that have tried legalizing hard drugs, what's the upside the hard drugs existing? That's less than cigarette? People who get hooked on cigarettes don't break into my car and steal.
Speaker 1: Stuff, all right, It's about externalities absent the welfare state. There are very few externalities to cigarette smoke. The whole second hand smoke thing was completely overplown. It doesn't do you any good. I mean, I don't want to sit next to somebody in a car who's chain smoking. Okay, I'll grant you that. But externalities, if you're not familiar, it's thing. What you do affects other people, whether you intend to or not. With cigarettes, there's practically none. With hard drug use, it's enormous.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one too. On my whole what am I a libertarian or not? I hated the idea of banning smoking in bars and restaurants just as a because in fairy the free market should take care of that. You open up a restaurant or bar where we don't less smoke, you get more businesses, you get more business than the other people. Blah blah blah. But that never happened. And I love the fact that I can go into a bar and restaurant in California and it's not smoking. Whenever I'm in a state where they still allow that, and I walk in, it's like this is nuts. It's blue and here you can't see the ceiling. What is going on? So I don't know, I don't know how you figure that out.
Speaker 7: I feel like cigarette smoke is one of those only vices that affects everyone around them just physically. If you're sitting there banging out of dart, everybody within twenty five yards can smell it, breathe it in all of that.
Speaker 2: Indoors is a different way. I shouldn't like it, my clothes smelling like it. But anyway, the final point on this that they make in the article is in terms of polling people's attitudes, that the high point I feel part in the expression of people loving the whole marijuana movement crusted a few years back, and it's cooling in the other direction now. And he says, who knows where that ends up? How far does it greater? Who knows?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we probably.
Speaker 1: Ought to start just referring to THHC as opposed to pot or marijuana or whatever.
Speaker 2: You think it would be helpful.
Speaker 1: The plant is just a delivery mechanism for the drug, and people are you know, dabbing or doing you know, concentrates or gummies or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's THHC delivery period. Anyway.
Speaker 1: A work from our friends at in Cognity. Thousands of places on the Internet have a file with your name, your address, your cell number, your email address, your medical conditions, your kids' names, your age, everything, and they're selling that you can make them take that stuff down, but there are thousands of them. So what is a boy or girl or non gender specific to do?
Speaker 2: And Cognate automatically removes your personal information from hundreds of data brokers and people search sites. They send the legal remover requests because the law is on your side and cognitiside and then they follow up and keep monitoring so your info stays off those lists. If scammers can't find you, they can't target you.
Speaker 1: And I've been getting plagued with a certain sort of scam call and I had a feeling I knew how they were getting my info. And in Cognate lets you customize it. They say, hey, we found it here. Do you want us to take this down or not? Because it's like a semi legitimate site. Oh, the service was so good they took it down right away.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: Go to in cogniti dot com slash armstrong right now for sixty percent off. That's in Cogniti dot com slash armstrong. Take your private life off the market. I n Cogni dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: I didn't know almost sixty percent of people are for banning nicotine products. Now, I didn't know what moved that much. I didn't know that I could see that becoming a serious issue. If it moves much further, you get to seventy seventy five percent.
Speaker 1: My final note on this topic, which is more general than that, because I think you're right, is that we see in a question of whether you can do something or not, creeping socialism really twists the discussion because I've got to pay for you, which means I can tell you what to do. There are politicians running for office, perhaps in a primary today, who want everything to be socialism, meaning they can tell you what to do and what not to do every moment of your life. Resistant, my friends, with everything you've.
Speaker 2: Got, would there be less lay about daily pot smokers, if you were gonna starve to death, if you didn't support yourself, there would be any thoughts on this text line four one five nine ftc.
Speaker 3: Are strong, he Getty.
Speaker 8: We are in Pacifica, California, Lindamar Beach. We're at the World Dogs Surf Championship. There is a whole bunch of dogs around the world. Judging goes based on fashion, how long the dog has been on the wave, any tricks that the dog does, how many waves the dog has caught.
Speaker 3: I took him to the beach, I took my surfboard. I'm I gon to a couple of little photos. He doesn't get off, and.
Speaker 2: Then I walk over to the beach and I put him on a wave and he surfed it. You know, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Everybody's having a good time. The dogs are having a good time.
Speaker 2: A couple of quick questions. Do the dogs know they're surfing? I feel like they don't.
Speaker 1: Scientists studying wild dogs have observed that in the wild they surf to gather prey.
Speaker 3: And to bond with the other members of the.
Speaker 2: Pack, and the fashion plays a major part of your score. Does the dog pick out the outfit? I feel like there's a lot of oh yeah, forcing the dog to wear certain clothes and participate in a sport that doesn't come naturally to the canine species. Related story, just coincidentally, that's PACIFICA right next door, I mean, like really next door is Santa Cruz. Yesterday announced the most expensive rental in the country, the most expensive place to rent at all to live is Santa Cruz, California. California is number one in rental costs nationwide as a state. Run on that Gavin Newsom you need in California if you want to rent a place, you need to make fifty three dollars an hour to afford a typical two bedroom home in California that's spread out over the whole state. Which it's not just the expensive parts, right, fifty three dollars an hour to just rent a.
Speaker 3: Place to live two bedroom spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, affordability. Of course, you got enough money to have your dog surf by it, cute outfits.
Speaker 1: It's an expensive hobby from what I understand. Yeah, let's see what do we have time for? Not very much and a little bonus mail bag here drops to note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Paolo writes on the topic of the DSA, which we've been discussing today Democratic Socialists of America. They're very out and proud about their platform. Seems odd because many of their positions are well known to be unpopular. They also seem very unaware or unapologetic about how easy it is for the concentration of power in their proposed government to accommodate totalitarian abuse of that power. I think there's a common thread here. They're naive, Well, the useful idiots are. The youngsters certainly are not the leaders. But I think they're idealistic and convinced that everyone will come around to their way of thinking if given the chance. They think they can convince most of those who don't like their ideas that they are in fact good ideas. They appear to be unaware of the risks of eliminating checks and balances from government, focusing only on how it will help them carry out their agenda. They appear never to have heard about the tyranny of the majority. Wonder how much of this owes to their being taught a lot more about how our system of government comprises evil colonialism, racism, and white supremacy, then they were taught about what's extraornally good about it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's absolutely true.
Speaker 2: You've been fighting the battle and losing about people using the word capitalism. We really should get away from it. I was listening to a podcast yesterday just talking about how free market polls twenty thirty forty points ahead of capitalism if you ask people questions about socialism versus capitalism, as opposed to socialism versus free market, so we should stop calling it capitalism.
Speaker 1: By the way, as a player and a coach, I embrace the philosophy. Just because you're behind doesn't mean you're losing. So I am behind in that argument, but I'm not losing. We got a whole nother hour to do an with those who crave freedom. Yes, but we do have a couple of socialists that are going to get elected today because people hate capitalism or love fundamentalist Islam, depends on which nominated. Formally speaking, they will be the democratic candidate for.
Speaker 2: A major party, which is crazy. If you miss the segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty