Speaker 1: There comes a point where I feel like we have to be responsible for ourselves and our decisions. And it's not it's not about what someone else should have done or could have done. I'm here now and I and I know this, and I can't unknow this.
Speaker 2: I hope I can sing.
Speaker 1: That ha, you know, like, oh, that pocket's really cool and they're like no, no, no, it's on the one and I'm like, so the two.
Speaker 3: What is this ship?
Speaker 1: Let me show you, like at the core of it all. Let me like share my roots. It's about connection and we limit ourselves in our artistry if we don't open ourselves to connection.
Speaker 4: Oh dead, you would have a baby.
Speaker 5: Just d.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Now that's not written in the contract.
Speaker 2: Like that's complicated, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like purpose, let me speak for you.
Speaker 3: Launch Ladies, Germs, Domains, Earthworms, earth Walms, and earth wings. Today's guest is an unstoppable force. She's a multi platinum global powerhouse and international recording artist, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, activist, and recently launched her own radio show with Apple Musika, who leading the pack with ten nominations at this year's Premio nuetro, including Album of the Year and Song of the Year. She solidified her place more than solidified her place at the forefront of Latin music. She's a two time American Music Award winner and a six time Latin Grammy nominee.
Speaker 5: But beyond the accolades, she is so much more. She is intelligent, kind, thoughtful, always using her voice to uplift others. She's a storyteller and advocate and quite possibly the world's best.
Speaker 4: Big sister after me of course and true pissy and fashion.
Speaker 5: She's my soul sister and even cries during the commercials department. She also might be the world's leading consumer of the flaming hot Cheetos, a title that we fully support.
Speaker 3: Absolutely and fun fact, she's actually the only other person in this room shorter than me, making her the perfect stowaway for going to outer space.
Speaker 5: She is the sweetheart of the Latin music world, a chart topping history making legend, and today she's here with us.
Speaker 3: Give it up for the one and only baggage. What in the world?
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously, guys, I think this is like the first time I've been like in a professional study with you.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's how we met technically, but it was never professional, lets be honest. So right now, it's like cringing in my seat, and I was like, they're just like basically reading my resume and that's like so embarrassing, like my friend, and it feels weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to call that out. But wow, what an intro.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I should just like be like and top that everybody.
Speaker 3: And that has been the interview.
Speaker 2: Wow, thanks guys. I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 3: To us too.
Speaker 5: We're super happy to hear you said the perfect thing. Because I thought it would be really cool if we told people about how we first met.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but before we before we tell you what we think, we wanted to know what was your first impressions of us.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I think you guys know this. But when we shared dressing rooms, which I did not know, and it was.
Speaker 2: Such a joy. Thank god.
Speaker 1: You guys are like easy, easy like me, like we're not like crazy writer and like don't look at me in the eyes kind of people, you know, so like thank god, and it really like eased my nerves because I was so nervous because we were honoring.
Speaker 2: They wanted only Glorious, which is her mom.
Speaker 3: So I don't know her, no.
Speaker 1: We well, I definitely had never actually spent time with your mom. And then here I am to be a part of this honorary moment in her career.
Speaker 2: This really huge moment.
Speaker 1: And I'm cringing because my stylist bless her.
Speaker 2: I love her so much.
Speaker 1: But she's a little green guy, you know what I mean, Like she's like Lettina outfit got you. And so I basically was wearing a Selena replica boustie.
Speaker 4: You look good, though, thank you.
Speaker 2: But I was freaking out and I was like, oh my god. And then I remember having this very honest conversation was like, do you think your mom's gonna care? Like I just it is my only outfit. I did my own hair, makeup like it was. I was a one woman show basically, and I was so nervous.
Speaker 1: And you guys literally like ease the tension all of the nerves that I had. I think you, I don't mean to put you on blast anything, not that at this point you put yourself on blast.
Speaker 2: There's a place to do it. It's here.
Speaker 1: I remember I'm saying, oh, it's totally fine. Like, if you don't feel like you're gonna shit your pants before you walk on stage, it's.
Speaker 2: Not really like a real performance.
Speaker 1: It's like that means you're a real performer that you like care this much. And I was like, Okay, well I think I'm gonna shit my pants and then yeah.
Speaker 3: And we shot together in a bowl and that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Friends forever, And by the.
Speaker 3: Way, another perfect liaison because I'm gonna be completely honest with you right now. You opened a door for me that I had closed my entire life, and I'm gonna be real with you. I'm a music purist. I'm you know, baby, let's be real. I haven't been working since I'm nine years old, like this girl. I've you know, had my parents do that for me. Thanks mom and dad. But in the sense of that, I grew up playing music here in music and all this stuff, and I was always like, oh my god, and like this certain genre and like whatever, I would have this aversion to that side of music. And you were the first person that I met that actually made me open my mind and change my mind about Wow, they're amazing musicians in this really caring, really songwriting, really like you. You were the one that did that for me. And ever since that happened and we met that day, I've played with other Regatong artists. I've produced Regatong stuff like thanks to you, Thanks to you opening that door for me and really changing my mind, which you can ask Jim even she can't do that, so that's not true now, but it's true.
Speaker 5: I remember we sat behind stage and we were just talking so much about like musicianship and live band, and I thought it was so cool.
Speaker 4: That you had your cousin with you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was like, I want to do that. I want to bring my family around with me, Like that was amazing.
Speaker 3: She's amazing too.
Speaker 4: It was a really fun time. It was a really fun.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you kidding me.
Speaker 1: I think that there's like, well, I think really at the core of it all as artists, because we're all artists in our own right, right, whether you are playing the instrument, singing the song, you know, orchestrating the whole thing from top to bottom.
Speaker 2: It's about connection.
Speaker 1: And we limit ourselves in our artistry if we don't open ourselves to connection, right. So to be a bridge in that sense to something that you felt a lot of resistance towards is like, that's pretty freaking cool.
Speaker 2: I feel honored.
Speaker 3: Well, it speaks a lot to the pretty freaking cool that you are because even in the way that you connect your life experience to your music, it's so evident in everything you do, every way you speak, every project you do, everything you touch has so much intention and so much love. And that's what I think for me, was like, Wow, I f with this, yea with this BG, Becky G.
Speaker 5: I've told you before, and I'm really happy to say this in a public setting. I fell in love with you as a human long before I knew anything about your career, and I think that speaks volumes to the kind of person that you are and your character.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's so interesting because I feel like this is me more being vulnerable about like the self doubt that you have, not having grown up with like the resources or like around musicians like you, Like you said, you were really born into the system.
Speaker 1: Of you know, here's a drum, try it, Yeah, here's a guitar, See what it feels like, you know, or like studying it, going to school for it. These weren't things that were like around me and accessible to me. My mom just loved music and my family was like tequila and karaoke, you know, like that was about it, and we were fans of music, but music theory was not something that like I studied my parents, right, But this is this thing where I'm just like, it can't be taught necessarily, like how to emote as an artist, and that comes in different ways and we obviously everybody's had their own journey to get to this point. But the doubt in myself that I would feel being around other musicians who are like, oh, what key is a song in? And then you guys are speaking this lingo and I'm like, I hope I can sing that hat, you know, like oh, that pocket's really cool, and they're like no, no, no, it's on the one and I'm like so good too, like what is this shit?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And so being around people who make it so sick that way, I think for me has allowed me to expand as an artist as well, because I used to have a lot of limiting thoughts about myself and to be loved as a human, I think is all that we want, right even before our artistry, is like to allow ourselves to be like actually seen and to do what I do and have started as young as I did, I think is no coincidence.
Speaker 2: You know, a part of me did want to hide, although part of me was like see me, see me, Like I created.
Speaker 1: A whole other like version of myself to be seen because of a part of me that probably didn't feel like she.
Speaker 2: Was enough or good enough or whatever.
Speaker 1: And so I'm in a place now And honestly, since I met you guys, it's been this like more conscious effort of fusing those two parts of me, the part of me that became this like you know, Becky g performer character, Yeah, the character, but also like who Rebecca is in those shoes, you know. And so it's it's been cool to like continue like blending all the worlds.
Speaker 2: We're like mixologist.
Speaker 3: We're so cool, okay, blending worlds.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are we going to get a jazz song from.
Speaker 4: R and me?
Speaker 3: Are you are you thinking about maybe.
Speaker 5: She's a true music appreciated I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: Maybe perhaps, Thank you please.
Speaker 1: I joke about it all the time. I have so many random nicknames that we throw around are and Becky is one of them. Yeah, And and I think it's I think it's more again going back from versus being the artist, being a fan first of music is really leads me in my artistry. And I was a fan of so much music and it didn't matter the language. I mean, I was like my mom was recalling this other day. So a part of my brain and the way it functions, like especially in school, was like I I was not like a do one thing at one time, like at a time person. It was like lots of tabs were open, and I would randomly like listen to like worldly music, like other music and other languages that I did not understand so that I can study and focus because I couldn't hear words at the same time that I Then it would kind of like do this, and I was like, remember me, how when you just like listen to like like Bollywood music and like and it's so true, like this is I just love music. I love the way it made me feel, or like being like super young, you know, like eight nine years old and crying over you know.
Speaker 2: Amy Winehouse and like what did I know about waking up alone?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: You know, but there was a feeling, there was an essence there or you felt.
Speaker 3: What she transmitted into the music, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Got to me well one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't that I had lived any of these life experiences, but it's like a it's a soul connection.
Speaker 2: Your soul has a reaction to that.
Speaker 1: And so I feel like whether it was you know, regional Mexican music, which I event actually did get to and recently create, it tapped into this other part of me as an artist that I'm like, wow, there really are no ends to this. So that's like, yeah, it's kind of where I've been where I'm like yeah, R and be sounds like we could let's go there?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: I am ready for that?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know where I can I don't know if I could go there.
Speaker 3: Where no, no, no, I can hear it.
Speaker 1: Where I wasn't like a And I remember this because when I came over the first time and.
Speaker 2: You know, these two is it's.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious because you're like her greatest cheerleader and then she'll go on like a full rant of random things and knowledge.
Speaker 3: That she's never done that never.
Speaker 1: But we went into like a full like musical theater like Spiral, and I've never been like a musical theater kid, So like I feel like, that's probably somewhere that I should find courage to go wow. But like that's not like I wasn't like doing plays in school, or like I didn't like travel to New York as a kid to like watch you know, a play.
Speaker 4: You are a triple threat.
Speaker 3: She does like, okay, well we're working on a Broadway play. But because it's about kids.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: She looks young.
Speaker 4: She could do it.
Speaker 2: Now my videos of me shaking my ass on you know, like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wow, I can't. I would do anything to see you. Yeah, there about your life? That will be pretty kind of cool. You're talking about music and the projects that you have been doing. This is one question that I've been waiting to ask you ever since I realized that there's a little bit of a trend in the things that you released. And I want to hear the intention, but I think that I know the real intention. All right, So we have SMUs Eskinas and kuentros.
Speaker 2: E e E.
Speaker 3: Is your next album gonna be called Emily? And what's with that?
Speaker 2: Imagine that actually be amazing?
Speaker 1: The trend Well, honestly, it was just something for me where I wanted to challenge myself and my artistry.
Speaker 2: I am a bit of in my own mind.
Speaker 1: Like I said, lots of tabs are open, and I think what got me here was being a little bit of that Swiss army knife where you do you can.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of things.
Speaker 1: But I think as an artist to having been a fan when I can go somewhere with an artist and follow them through a journey versus like we started here, but then we hopped over here and then it's like it felt a little scattered for me as an artist for the first years of my career, and it was because I did have to be a lot of things.
Speaker 2: And I think I was also so young and I wanted to please so many people. Yeah, and I was good at it, like I was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like I didn't feel confident in certain things. Like I look at Shower back and I'm like wow, like she really was that little pop girl, like awesome. But was that the vision that I had for myself as an artist, not necessarily Like you compare Shower to like my rap videos that I was doing when I got signed, They're like very different, you know. And so I wanted to start creating projects where I can be have this versatility in my sound, but the brand and the essence of this be something that you can visually understand and go on that journey with. And it started with the Scammas because I was sas it was a genre list album with a bunch of different sounds, and if you look at you know, even the concept of the from the photoshoots that we did and the videos that we there is a lot of projection. And so it was like, I'm this blank canvas and I'm projecting these things onto me, which is cool.
Speaker 2: I'm a blank.
Speaker 1: Canvas as an artist and I make regaeton and I can do you know of R and B Spanish and I can do this and I can do that.
Speaker 2: But then after Scammas.
Speaker 1: There's this theme that I'm noticing with a lot of us artists. Benito just did it, which is like going back to our roots. Yes, and like this journey of doing everything and figuring out everything that we're not to become who we've always been on the inside. And I feel like yeah, and I feel like after Scammas and showing my versatility and all the things that I can do, it was like, but let me show you, like at the core of it all let me like share my roots with people, and I think that that was something that is what got me discovered as an artist. Was I was this proud, two hundred percenter, this Mexican American girl rappin' writing songs on her guitar, recording them on garage band, you know, in the garage that she was living in, and like there was roots there, and that's what got me discovered, Like why why would I abandon that? Like I should probably go back to that, And that is so different today as a young woman then as a child. And so this like concept of the crossroads that we're always at, like the cross streets, you know, the two flags, the two languages, younger self versus you know, higher self coming together, and Esquinas was like it did so much for me.
Speaker 2: It did so much for me, you exactly.
Speaker 1: And then I didn't want to stop, and they were like, we got to turn in the album and I was like, but I don't want to stop. You were in it, and so I was like, well, then let's put it out, but we're going to keep creating. And so while we did the whole entire rollout of Isquinas, we continue to create music and that's why in Guentros is like this part two to that, and so Isquinas is like the revisiting of the roots, and then Incuentros is the parts of myself that I found again in that process.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I feel like so many of us, especially around our age group, can really relate to that, because when I talk to people have young I have a younger sib.
Speaker 4: Also like my best friend.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know we're four years apart, but a lot can happen in four years. And I recently turned thirty.
Speaker 2: Last year, weren't Why is that side?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to be thirty. I turned eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel yeah, two more years and I really feel like that was what my twenties were. I feel like my twenties I was experimenting with a lot of things that really weren't me, and towards the end of it, I've been coming back to myself. It's not even about creating anything. It's it's really just about.
Speaker 4: Coming back to you. Yeah, coming home, coming home.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful. I wanted to ask you a little bit about the cover art the Braid. I found so much symbolism in that, but I really want to hear you.
Speaker 3: There's so much. There's so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Esquinas and guentros, you put them next to each other. Esquina's is literally I think it was my second birthday and my mom took me to like a one hour photo stylized the entire thing, epic, got a wig like I was wearing weaves before I was going to say, I look like I even knew it. Well, girl, myer, please, I looked like a little boy until I was like four. She still honestly, I can sometimes too, so so yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was this photo, and for me, it was.
Speaker 1: Just like everybody who's ever tried to rob me of who my the history of my last name, like the authenticity of what it means to me to be a proud Chicana growing up in La speaking span English, Yes, still being pa and all these things. It was always like, she's only Latina.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know how much more clear it can be. And it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not even about like this is a stereotype and I'm dressing up in this costume. It's like no, like this was this is and was always at my foundation of like my creativity and outside of my creativity, why I show up with my work ethic the way that I do, why I'm so passionate. So it was like kind of reclaiming this this thing that.
Speaker 2: I felt like was always trying to be taken away.
Speaker 3: From me to be no, and you said the two hundred percent thing, and that's something that's so important, Like we are equally. Yeah, we were born here right in wood and Miami three h five, you know, like, but our culture, our entire family prior to us having this experience grew up and there's another country with another culture, with another language. Like that's a beautiful thing. Being able to say that we are equally both parts of that, I feel like is a superpower, and people are scared of it.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because recently I was reading about how so our our mothers were born with all of the eggs and their ovaries, right, so technically our grandmothers formed married us, formed us. Yeah, and they found evidence of trauma essentially existing in our DNA for four generations. So every part of what we do, everything is informed.
Speaker 3: So that's why, So who gonna pay my therapy? I guess you're going back to nineteen fifty six I need some back pain and back pay. Cr.
Speaker 2: I'm so done.
Speaker 1: No, But you know it's crazy too, because this is to actually piggyback off of what you were saying was so as keen, as is that photo.
Speaker 2: But in Cuentros is like higher self showing up.
Speaker 1: Right, it's older me and on the the Trensas was intentional for sure, because on little Becky I had two braids, and on Big Becky it's one braid, because I stylistically she's evolved, she just wanted one braid. But like you know the significance of even just like hair and what it means to us as women and then in our culture, and like I remember the first time I cut my hair, how like free and liberated I feel felt, but also like insecure and like revealed all of these things that like society and all the stuff that comes with it, right, but also the energy that's carried with these things. And there was like an accumulation of these life experiences and you know, feelings and emotions that in this and Guentro's process, I was ready to let go of like high yourself showed up and was at peace with herself. And so that's why it's like little baby Becky, and then like Rebecca sitting down in her power and her eyes are closed. Like all of that was so intentional.
Speaker 4: I felt it. I felt it.
Speaker 5: What what's Rebecca's message to little Becky?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think There's a lot of things that I can think of. I feel like I actually visualized this conversation pretty often, and a lot of the themes in my inner world always come back to meeting these like like security, like I really being the eldest and you know, the eldest daughter in a Latin household, young mothers, young. Yes, there comes a point where I feel like we have to be responsible for ourselves in our decisions. And it's not it's not about what someone else should have done or could have done. I'm here now and I and I know this, and I can't unknow this now, So what am I going to victim?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and like you know, I did a lot of things out of pure survival, but like also understanding that, Like where I'm at now feels like where a lot of people just you know, And this is like the spectrum of like privilege and.
Speaker 2: Knowing where you land on it.
Speaker 1: But like a lot of people just get born into you know, that neutral space of like, oh, what are my dreams, I can go for them, versus like me, I started working because I.
Speaker 3: Needed to put I'm in that space.
Speaker 1: But like, how cool is it that, like there's this intersection where we meet and there's still this like level of understanding. But because generationally we're connected from this same these similar life experiences. And so I think the conversation from you know Rebecca today to you know, little b is like it's going to be okay, Like no matter what, it's always going to be okay, and like you are enough, and that comes from like within your four walls abandonment issues, but also systemic you take it outside of your four walls. Like as a Latin woman growing up, you're told that you're not Latin enough if you're born here. But then also you're told by the rest of the country that you're a minority when really we're a majority. So you're constantly having to like shrink yourself. But then also you're believing that you're this small when you're like you're larger than life, Like we're meant to be living lives, not surviving them, you know. So yeah, so that would be my message to a little.
Speaker 3: Becky by the way, just to share something that I literally had chills when you said it, because it was one of the most formative moments of my life. I went on a self love retreat to Sedona. Oh yeah, and I had this two and a half hour exercise where they regressed me and essentially made me meet my younger self and give that younger self everything that that little girl needed. And literally it's such an easy exercise for those of you out there that want to practice in some way that's attainable to you. You literally close your eyes and you think of a memory when you're a child, and then you can walk up to yourself as a child and give you what you need. Like she said, don't depend on somebody else to do it.
Speaker 2: You're grown.
Speaker 3: Now, go back in time and your mind and you're subconscious and give your younger self what you need. I love you. You're gonna be okay. It doesn't matter that you're gay as fuck is gonna come along. I'm just saying whatever you need to say. Why do I always need to ruin everything? Actually it would be, it would be, But anyway, I just want to acknowledge that exercise because it did a lot for me, and we do need to continue to have these conversations with our younger girl.
Speaker 2: It's it's endless, it's for sure. I feel like they're they're very helpful.
Speaker 4: I can tell you journal just by the way you speak, really.
Speaker 3: One of the while we're on this, because you know, we have some little questions. But now we're here, so let's go there.
Speaker 2: I'm here. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just mean like, because your brain inspires me. And I'm curious about how you think about this because I've heard you in certain settings talk about love, self love, this kind of love, whatever. My question is to you, what is unconditional love? And do you think it actually exists?
Speaker 1: I think it's so much more than love, Like I think the younger self definitely believe like love is enough, right, And I actually think and that it's a feeling, right, And I think you can experience love in a feeling, but it's an action. And I think that we are all modeled different, you know, versions of love.
Speaker 2: And I think growing up.
Speaker 1: It was very like ride or die. It was very binary like. It was very black and white. You're in or you're out, And I think that brings a lot of safety for the human mind that today especially is very overly stimulate, easily stimulated, or easily overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: It's very black and white.
Speaker 1: And I think that I used to think that way through like that was my lens throughout all of life. It wasn't just like relationships, family ones, romantic ones, or anything. It was even like business, you know, And I didn't realize how much it would limit me, Like I got to this point where it no longer serves me, and so I have to be a little bit more fluid with the fact that two truths can exist.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like unconditional love.
Speaker 3: She's like, is.
Speaker 2: In a sense conditional? Does that make sense? But not in a way that is negative.
Speaker 3: Like understanding the condition that.
Speaker 1: There are boundaries, you know that they're a bound healthy for healthy love, and also that that's a journey that starts in your inner world. And I think that, unfortunately, the type of love that I grew up seeing and witnessing was always trying to solve internal problems with external things, whether it be people or you know, work or whatever whatever that is a substance, distractions, distractions. It was always trying to solve something going on within self. Outside of self. And I think that you have to like redirect that spotlight and have courage to like go within, and that comes with taking accountability. And I think a big part of myself was not ready to take responsibility for my heartbreak, for the decisions that I tend to make, or you know, the way that I show up. You know that somebody the other day was saying, we judge from action and then intention on others, but with self, we say, but my intention was this, and don't acknowledge how that action maybe doesn't align. And it's like learning that both are really really important. And so for me it was just like practicing like real healthy love didn't really start until I began that journey with myself. And it's like now as a young adult that and this has like happened like yesterday.
Speaker 2: For it, I'm not like.
Speaker 6: A like this like happened yesterday yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm still very much a student and not a teacher in any of this. So like I take it, you know, with the green of salt.
Speaker 4: But but I think that's what makes you so evolved in your.
Speaker 3: Journey, because what made you such great of a teacher.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's true you really.
Speaker 5: Never stop learning, and the fact that you constantly acknowledge that is why you are so I mean, I can't think of another word but evolved. Even I think that there are people who go their whole lifetime and don't realize the things that you've shared today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 1: And I think, like I said, it was like a I think it was just a natural progression of a journey that like everybody is on, we just get to it at different times in our lives. And I think that there's an artist you guys know, Jesse Rays, Yeah, love her. She was also in a setting just like this and was like, you know, I used to judge so much.
Speaker 3: Others.
Speaker 1: I used to judge others about the decisions they made, or how they did certain things, or why they did certain things. And it would be so funny because God would be like, ha ha, oh, you don't want to be compassionate, you don't want to have empathy. Well, and She's like, and I be a year later, like on the other side of that table in that position, And so it just goes back to self love being also like once you do that for yourself, you do kind of have this like overfilling cup where like really everything else can happen. Other people can keep going about their lives the way that they want you and it doesn't really like affect you as much. And I never used to be that way. I used to care too much about what other people thought, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm definitely that person that cares too much. I don't think there is beauty in it. I do think there's beauty and.
Speaker 3: Beauty, but there's suffering and pain and also you limiting yourself to where what you can do you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, yeah, I take that.
Speaker 3: I think that I got free therapy lesson. Wow, yeah amazing.
Speaker 5: Listen, if you ever want to quit your job to make a great therapy, you.
Speaker 3: Can do it all. And also, by the way, we have to acknowledge it. In the Latino community, therapy and these kinds of things are a stigma. You want to go to therapy, it's like, oh, you're not so oh no, you're not. Necessarily It's like, okay.
Speaker 5: I confidently believe that everybody could benefit from a therapy.
Speaker 2: I'm that friend.
Speaker 3: I can make a list. I can make a list right now who I think can benefit from Oh my gosh, what I can say anything? How can I say nothing and everything?
Speaker 2: I don't understand when your partner can read your mind.
Speaker 3: Exactly, you can read a lot more than what.
Speaker 2: Is happening right here.
Speaker 4: You're so observant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes me nervous. Now I'm nervous speaking of Do you still get nervous? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, two hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I'm just sorry. I gotta makes you nervous.
Speaker 1: Um that I care, Yeah, that I care, But I think it's a good thing. The way I process nerves today.
Speaker 2: Is so different than when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Like nerves used to be like a literal nervous system, physical reaction, you know, like my teeth are chattering, my voice is shaking as I'm singing. I'm losing my breath because I'm forgetting to breathe. I'm focused on like you know, the people in front and the audience. It's all the unknown factors versus today. Nervous for me is just like energy that I use.
Speaker 4: How do you transform it?
Speaker 1: It's just like a visualization, like I almost just like literally imagine all the energy that's like building up and like my tummy, the butterflies as something that's going to like come out and like kind of filtering it to be this like positive energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really powerful. That's really powerful. I'm gonna use that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna use it.
Speaker 3: But a and I'm mocking out because I can't keep like whatever she transforms, I need the transformer.
Speaker 4: I dad, you wanted a kind of baby just you want to date?
Speaker 3: Pretty cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I'm gonna go now, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you feel like there was a time because we've talked a lot about like two hundred percent, and we equally feel I feel like the three of us on this couch connected to our Latin culture, our Latin roots, and our family and also the fact that we were born and raised here in this country. And uh, do you feel like at any point like you were forced to choose between doing English or Spanish language music? Like my parents. I talk to us about them all the time because they literally went to everybody who told them change your name, take out the horns, take out this, and they said, we can do it all. But I'm curious if you ever felt like divided in these two worlds.
Speaker 1: I don't think as much thanks to people like your parents. Right, there's artists you know that I think have shown that we are so much more.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: How others outside perceive us and where they want that to end, like where they draw that line is still always an issue with me because I'm like, why are you drawing the line?
Speaker 2: You know, like.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't we be able to decide? Is always like my I guess my outlook. But the idea of it was not foreign, Like it didn't feel like I can't do this. Like I remember one of my first CDs that I had ever gotten CDs, I yeah crazy, was a Christina Aguilera album and it was like front and back and it was on you know, the top side was English and then you would flip it over and then it was the same exact songs but in Spanish.
Speaker 4: So for me, it was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, we could do it, Like I could do that, you know, like I grew.
Speaker 1: Up seeing you know, artists like like Gloria, like uh Selena, like Jennifer or Shakita.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't like this like out of reach thing. I just didn't know that the.
Speaker 1: Industry was still so far behind in that sense, you know, like even like in the legal the legalities of that, like my deal that I signed, I was making English music and then I started making Spanish music.
Speaker 2: But does that still count towards my deal?
Speaker 1: Like because topically in a different like it's not that's not written in the contract.
Speaker 2: Like that's complicated, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like purpose.
Speaker 1: Let me speak for you, but you know, like all of those things, like I found myself in having to find a lot of tighter crevices to get through the door through these obstacles.
Speaker 2: You know, But it's a good thing. I'm little, so you know there's a way if it's yeah, and.
Speaker 1: The goal is that, you know, the same way artists before me were able to make it just a little bit better for artists like myself. My hope is that even if I can make it just a little bit better for the next generation of artists, then like that's that's really it.
Speaker 2: Like to me, that is success, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, I can tell you confidently you definitely have, especially because oh real applause.
Speaker 1: Giving stadium giving, super Bowl applause, applause giving, which.
Speaker 3: You saw you out.
Speaker 4: How was that it was?
Speaker 3: You literally were in a Super Bowl commercial which I thought was one of my favorite ones.
Speaker 2: I tell me why I knew you guys were gonna love it was. I knew you guys are gonna love it. I knew from the sky.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I couldn't deal with it. I thought it was literally, but please check her out with seal And I heard him like, he's like, the only reason I did that is because not only were there amazing people involved, but because the idea.
Speaker 2: Was just so good. It was so and that was literally.
Speaker 1: I remember when I got sent the deck. It was it was the whole thing, right, and then it ended with two like little seals, and it said think too, you're yes.
Speaker 2: That's where you got me joke, I would have got joke.
Speaker 3: That's me I saved.
Speaker 5: Yeah, climate scre intended, Yeah yeah, yep, yep. Oh man, well I know that you have a tight schedule. Yes, we want a little let's go for your period. Okay, so I have your what was the hardest day of len what's your biggest fear?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: This is a security number.
Speaker 1: Interviews At this point you get take it because apparently it's successible.
Speaker 3: Whatever about it.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, let's go explain the game.
Speaker 3: So so, so hold on, if you lose, we're not gonna let you out, so you better win.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this game we created, and it's entirely your fault and I got this idea, which, by the way, thank you, iHeart for giving us.
Speaker 4: This platform to spend time with our friends.
Speaker 5: We hurt you, and it's so much fun because again I I love and appreciate you, and I've loved you from the day I met you as a person. So I had a little bit of catching up to do in terms of like your accolades and your career. I don't need to be convinced of your amazingness.
Speaker 3: You know, you're not a fan. I am a fan. I'm a real fan.
Speaker 4: I'm a real fan. I don't care what she does. I'm there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 5: So I saw an interview of you where you were like, actually, I have a little superpower and it's accents.
Speaker 3: It's so don't worry, don't get nervous. Channel the nervous energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, transform it sifty through your gut. So we have a couple of scenes for you, okay, and a couple of quotes from this really cool girl named Rebecca Marie Commas and a accent that you must provide the line in.
Speaker 4: So that's your camera.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to give you the first quote. Your scene is a New York taxi driver stuck in traffic, ranting to a passenger, and the accent is thick Brooklyn or New Yorker.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, that's crazy. Said, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's because I'm Latina or something, but I have no problem speaking my mind.
Speaker 2: I'm just missing my cheeklip. Okay, okay, next scene, as I'm scared.
Speaker 3: A cowgirl in the wild West defending their honor in a duel access textan Southern These are quotes for me.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Your your quote. I mean you said, you said this girl.
Speaker 2: Let me as your doing.
Speaker 3: She really is good.
Speaker 4: You can make a good Southern bay. You're just like very proper. Yeah, it's very proper.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, okay, this is kind of weird, but I I lemons with salt as a snack.
Speaker 3: They're so good. Oh my god, she's doll.
Speaker 5: You're right, is your secret superpower?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Okay, we're almost done.
Speaker 5: Dramatic teletovela breakup in a fancy Parisian cafe and the accent is flench.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm terrible accents. I was like the lenovela I can give it to you in Spanish. Now you.
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 3: Do that?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: But that? Oh that's true what.
Speaker 2: I did in Spanish? Gotta pay me double?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: That was I translated?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: That was amazing. Yeah, oh my god. One scene a Shakespearean plague delivering a grand monologue before battle. Oh sorry accent obviously British or whatever whatever they do whatever shakepeare.
Speaker 6: She's going, no, no, no, you tranced know I'm transforming when I know, I'm just saying right now, he's the wedding.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, I'm going to battle in this moment, right before we are going to go to battle.
Speaker 3: Never let the negativity.
Speaker 2: Get to you. There are going to be a lot of people you got to get through. But as long as you.
Speaker 1: Believe in yourself, that is all that matters.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: What yes, please, she deserves the wouys. Wow that you should do voiceover?
Speaker 3: You should Okay, Well, clearly there are more oscars in the future.
Speaker 2: I need to make more money.
Speaker 5: No, clearly, please give her the part. Give her the part right now, give her the flowers.
Speaker 4: Stoop.
Speaker 3: She's been acting for a long time. But that was impressive.
Speaker 4: It was super impressive.
Speaker 3: And now that you impressed me. I want to impress you with a little something that we did, with something that we do a little here. It's games. Everybody's very spaces network in the whole world NICs. All right, so we do that. There was music. You do this thing when we report the news in space before we diorbit not news. It's one hundred percent true, not one hundred percentru. You're right, it's one hundred and ten percent true. Everything you hear in there percent. I don't lie to my family. Oh wow, right, OK, all right, ladies and gentlemen. This week in outer space, the James Webb Space Telescope has found our Milky Way galaxy super massive black hole blowing bubbles. How cute is that that part is drew. We reached out to miss Hole for a comment, who simply said, I know we suck and destroy everything insight and outer space, but super massive black holes deserve to have a little light fund too. Come on, let them blow their bubbles. Man, it's not all death and destruction.
Speaker 1: As a girl who's been singing in the shower for many years, I'm for the bubbles.
Speaker 3: Well, invite us anytime next. What the seven planets are aligned in the night sky right now. But what does that mean for science that they're aligned, Well, science is therapy. Bill is about to go down because the planets are all on the same page for the first time ever. The Moon has made a statement on social media following this news quote, I am so glad to see everyone getting along. Therapy heals, y'all, even in space.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. Lastly, MSU scientists discover new sources for quote, the molecule that made the universe. This is true. Look this shit on you. Okay. Without this molecule, life as we know it would simply not exist. The details of the discovery include the official name of this groundbreaking molecule. Wo m a m ah sounds good. Well mom, And this has been space.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think the Space New Peep song should have a reframe and it should go a little bit more like.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't want this to either want to go.
Speaker 2: I know I just saw another stable position on the couch.
Speaker 4: Well listen, you know, you know, Oh, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it anyway anytime any place that we are in the world. You have a place with us. You know what I'm gonna say us, You have a place with me. I you can worry about yourself. It has been a true pleasure, honor to have you here in our space. As weird as it is to be like, you know, pro with you, but it feels natural as it always does.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I'm so excited for you.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be watchings screaming at the TV.
Speaker 3: You better give it a prize.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys will see a little, a little two hundred.
Speaker 1: Nod in this performance, So I will take your guys's loving energy with me on stage.
Speaker 4: It's definitely there.
Speaker 3: It's definitely there. Thanks. You're always just representing in ways that are impacting people that are going to grow up and that are gonna sit here, not here because we'll all be dead, but in a place like this and be like Wow, Becky, g open the door so that now I can do this. Yeah, and they're going to take us to the next level. So we just love having you in our lives as a human being, our privileged to share it with you all out there. You're so welcome. Yep, you can vendmo us for this please and yeah, follow us on in our old World pod. Follow her obviously on socials every and by the way, go a little deeper and watch her shows and.
Speaker 4: Watch her interviews.
Speaker 3: She's a human. You can learn her podcast and her radio show and everything.
Speaker 2: Just go.
Speaker 3: Trust me, you're not going to.
Speaker 5: Be I would like to sign this one off differently for it's okay with please go if you're open to it. Please, because earlier we asked you what you might say, what Rebecca might say to little b I would love it if you could give a little a message to yourself, to future Rebecca.
Speaker 1: Oh future Rebecca girl, you are that bitch, always have been, still are always will be.
Speaker 2: No. Honestly, that was like just a little no. But I'm just proud of you.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you for choosing yourself, for choosing what makes you happy and just keep doing that.
Speaker 3: Hey, this has been in our own world with Becky d Baby. See you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye, guys.
Speaker 1: You got to force everybody to like freestyle over there, because that is crazy.
Speaker 4: What do you feel?
Speaker 3: What do you feel? Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 2: A good hype man.
Speaker 3: Crazy missus three.
Speaker 1: Launch.
Speaker 5: This podcast is brought to you by Moonflower Productions in partnership with Iheart's podcast Network. For more podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.