Speaker 1: Something that has come up because we were talking about the potential O. J. Simpson Jersey in the background of the Chubbies. Danielle, do you remember getting me the Chubbies prop for my own apartment? What you don't remember doing this for me? What's greatest thing? Okay, So when I moved into my own apartment, I kind of like I had like a because I was downtown, and I had like a brick wall, and I was like really into trains and like.
Speaker 2: So anywhere there was like trains, and yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So in Chubbies above it was high up so you barely ever see it. It's above the stairway.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: There was this cool railroad crossing sign. It had like a railroad crossing and a train and like a couple of different railroads.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was like an amalgamation of like Americana, and it was like this weird like poster thing. And I remember looking up at it and being like I love that, and you were there and you were like huh, and I was like, I really wish I could get that in my apartment. And then like months later, I guess it was for my birthday or for Christmas.
Speaker 3: You got it for me, and.
Speaker 1: I found out later that you had gone to the art department, and the art department had been like how do you and you would like had to do favors for different people in the art You had to like do you do you remember this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't remember what you I just remember you had to like I remember different people in the art department being like, oh yeah, Danielle, you know, and you like finagled your way to get me this thing.
Speaker 5: And I still have that.
Speaker 6: I don't think Danielle learned my name until season six, and she's doing all this stuff for you.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: You never invited me to do anything with you.
Speaker 5: Will would have been creepy.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, I do remember that now.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 2: I've always been the type of person that when somebody says like, man, I like that or I love that, I clock it, like, hmm, good to know.
Speaker 5: You're a gift giver. You're a big giv But.
Speaker 1: This was like yeah, and had to get I feel like you had to get like a case of diet coke or something. It was like it was like some kind of special drink that somebody in the set department, like the art department needed you got that for them, and then they went and got this sign printed for me, like another one of these signs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still in my parents as.
Speaker 1: Far as I know, because it was in my apartment for years and then when I moved, my parents packed up that apartment when I was in New York and like, so I think it's still at my parents' house.
Speaker 2: Cool if you find it, we have to post a picture of it. But also now it's another thing for us to start paying attention.
Speaker 5: To in the chuck in the background.
Speaker 2: Love how much our little like props and setuck have played into our memories. Like writer, when you saw the pinball machine and you were like, man, that just brings back so many memories.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still in the search for the lobster. I haven't seen the lobster yet.
Speaker 2: I know it hasn't started yet.
Speaker 5: I don't think it started yet. And I'm still she.
Speaker 2: Only did it in like I thought. Maybe she only thinks her.
Speaker 3: Seven Maybe, Yeah, it's really a college years.
Speaker 5: That's when I will have to keep it keeping him open though.
Speaker 1: Because when when did ded he move into being second ad Because she was she was a phone page until about fourth or fifth season.
Speaker 2: It was college years, yeah, because that's what I remember her coming to get us from our dressing rooms and stuff, right right, we were a little older. So yeah, I can't wait to find those two. Welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fishl, I'm Rider Strong.
Speaker 5: And I'm Wilford Dell.
Speaker 6: Hello, Connecticut, Pod Meets World Live is coming to you my hometown. Now, my two co hosts have had their fun with their little jokes and insults, but now it's time for every single one of you to put down your butter churns and drive your carriages.
Speaker 5: I kid my fellow nutmakers.
Speaker 6: Down to the Bushnell Theater in Hartford on March seventeenth, right near where I was born. It is going to be a very special night for a very awesome state. Now, more behind the scenes stories, interactive games, questions and answers. Those are certainly on the agenda. But I also have to imagine that our costume contest there, where he can dresses anything from Boy or Pod Meets World cough cough, grappling hook is going to go off. The winner gets a legit nineties Boy meets World script signed by all of us from my personal collection because as you know, I don't throw anything away. And tickets are available now Hartford, Connecticut, the Bushnell Theater on March seventeenth. I can't believe I finally get to say that. Go to Podmeets Worldshow dot com right now to join us. Oh, I can't wait to see you there.
Speaker 2: This week's guest is someone very near and dear to my heart. I have more pictures with him than I do most of my family. It would have been difficult to find a weekend in my mid teenage years that I wasn't hanging out with Andrew Keegan, swimming in our pool, going to the beach, driving around in a car he built with his own hands.
Speaker 3: I or no idea.
Speaker 2: This is so f.
Speaker 1: Always Andrew was like a round, But I didn't realize it was because the two of you, we were so close good friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was from Angel and VICKI is why he was round all the time, because of Danielle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just casually sharing an ice cream Sunday with one spoon while my mom nearby clicked away on a camera that we'd eventually have to drop off at a thrifties to develop. He may have just been my best friend when we were hanging out. But to the rest of the world, he was one of the upper tier teen beat heart throbs, first spotted with a standout role in the nineteen ninety four movie Camp Nowhere. He'd turn that into becoming a staple on the decade's best family TV shows, starring in the often mentioned Neighbors to Boy Meets World, thunder Alley, and appearing on Full House, Step by Step, Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, and Yes, an episode of Boy Meets World. He would later have memorable turns on Seventh Heaven and Moesha, but it was his role in Ten Things I Hate About You that cemented him into the Dreamboat Hall of Fame. Today we will talk about all of these things and more, but it will all be grounded in that one time. He was incredibly under used as Ronnie Lips Waterman in the third season Disney World episode of Boy Meets World, The Happiest Show on Earth. So get your camera ready, mom. Welcome to Pod Meets World. It's Andrew Keegan.
Speaker 3: How's it going, guys?
Speaker 1: You look the same dude.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I am. I was in hysterics when I heard you. Guys had that one video that you talked about. I was like, oh my gosh, lost, I lost it?
Speaker 2: Was it when Will Will said installed out like Andrew Keagan, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was it's always it's always Will.
Speaker 5: Wait when I said what if, I said there was.
Speaker 2: We were talking about his car and we had talked about about that. Will made a joke. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: I got me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got And by the way, I just literally just listened to Larissa's because of course I'm.
Speaker 3: A procrastinator, right It was great. Literally just listened. It was like nine thirty. I'm like, I should probably listen to one of these right now.
Speaker 7: So I listened to it and it was literally great because of course it led me like brought up all of these and to hear it from her perspective, it's fantastics.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you guys for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being here. We will start our conversation with you the way we like to start all of our episodes with child or former child actors. Tell us about your your entry into Hollywood and how did you find yourself becoming a child actor?
Speaker 3: Wait, are we already doing this? Is it already happening?
Speaker 2: It's going Yeah, Hi, I just.
Speaker 3: I was talking. I was just talking to some friends, and I realized.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, that's all it's going to feel like for the whole for the whole hour.
Speaker 3: So I started pretty young.
Speaker 7: I think I got my SAG card an eighty five or four, So I was you were. I was in a commercial and I was actually the replacement kid because of course, like I said, I just listened to the podcast and of course what we all went through at such a young age, and.
Speaker 3: You know, this was something that's barely even a memory, but I was.
Speaker 7: I remember a little bit of stress of like, okay, I'm the extra kid, and it only brought me in for a few minutes, so I really thought it wasn't going to be me, and the commercial was supposed to be the other kid.
Speaker 3: So I ended up doing that when I was Yeah, I think I was about four or five.
Speaker 7: You know, I think at eleven, maybe I did a empty nest and I was.
Speaker 3: The yeah empty yeah, who gave a gun to another kid?
Speaker 7: That was in like the early nineties, right, like you don't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so interesting. You mentioned that because we were talking recently in a recap about how sitcoms used to be for all different ages, and so sitcoms would would have like very special episodes and you were apparently the star of one where you gave a kid a gun to another kid, And now you don't see those because TV is so segmented. Like you know, if you want to watch a drama, you go watch a drama. If you want to watch a comedy, you watch a comedy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I actually was watching my daughter was introduced to a Brandy song The Boy is Mine. She's seven incredible, you know, Okay, she likes the song. Not so sure about the lyrics for you right now, but enjoy. So I ended up showing an episode of Moesha that I did with Brandy, and we went a head on in that one with you know, a white guy dating a you know, black girl, and so like dealing with a racist or not a racial, a racial like dynamic and it got heated and it was a fight, and it's like all this stuff again, you wouldn't see that.
Speaker 3: Ease an episode of anything right now, you know, very intense. But so anyway, SO did that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Twelve, I did a Kellogg's Frosted Miniwe's commercial I feel like I'm looking at my IMDb right now, that a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about.
Speaker 7: Fifteen was the first movie you guys were talking about Alison Mack in your in your episode Alison.
Speaker 2: Mack oh the person.
Speaker 3: Ok, you get these two mixed up?
Speaker 5: I know this, we all do, do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't get I don't.
Speaker 7: I see the point. I see that they're easy to mix up. But yeah, so she was about eleven.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she'd been working by then, of course, But so I knew her at eleven in Camp Nowhere.
Speaker 8: Right, which a lot of big thing, Hilen you told me then, yes, yeah, yes, she was in the same episode that we were in and Disneyworld.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, small World. So Hillary was in that. So so yeah, so that was at fifteen.
Speaker 7: Fifteen sixteen, And of course, as I mentioned, you know, I went obviously on your show, I did.
Speaker 1: Thunder Alley was before that, right, thunder Ally was like.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's a good question. It would have been right like right in the.
Speaker 2: Same nowhere is nineteen ninety four. Okay, so thunder Ally than.
Speaker 3: Before ninety three.
Speaker 1: It was the first season of Boy.
Speaker 6: No, first season of Boy. Right next to us was Home Improvement. Yes, I think thunder Ally came second season.
Speaker 2: I thought second season. Yeah, yeah, so right around there.
Speaker 5: You were you in a California kid?
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 5: Were you born and raised in California?
Speaker 3: Yes? So I grew up in the valley.
Speaker 7: Actually, obviously, Danielle and I've known each other since bay Watch or before.
Speaker 2: It was a bay Watch audition. So Andrew and I met in probably ninety one, wow, and we were at an audition for Baywatch. Andrew booked the part that he was auditioning for. I was auditioning to play a young girl with cancer who was dying. And it's pretty remarkable that I didn't have the chops to pull it off because we all know, so we are? You know how good I was?
Speaker 6: You are you dying on the Do you also need to be seen from the center team?
Speaker 2: Do you remember the episode?
Speaker 3: Andrew? I literally would have to watch it. I have again. I think I was like the kid giving the other kid alcohol.
Speaker 1: So you're always influence man, bad influence kid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, until until Seventh Heaven, where I was a good guy with.
Speaker 3: A child from a sixteen you know at sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 7: So I don't know young dad and that was that was a nice role opposite Jessica Biel.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to get into that.
Speaker 3: We're going to get into that.
Speaker 5: We'll get into that. We'll get into that.
Speaker 2: We got to slow down, Andrew.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: It's so excited.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Kate Hudson and I'm Oliver Hudson. And last I checked for siblings and this is sibling revelry. We're full blood siblings, the only.
Speaker 9: Full blood and our family.
Speaker 4: Well not in the world, I mean in the whole world. This is it, Like no one anyway. We're back with season four. I can't believe it.
Speaker 9: I'm so excited, bigger and better than ever. You might be asking yourself, what is sibling revelry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we just made it up. There is no sibling revelry. It's reveling in your sibling.
Speaker 9: And it's fun because we've decided to open it up, you know, to really like all kinds of different siblings and it's going to be an awesome season.
Speaker 4: So listen to Sibling Revelry on the iHeartRadio app, apple Pie casts or wherever you listen to God.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to talk camp nowhere beloved movie. People still talk about it. Also, Jessica Alba's first job.
Speaker 4: Really, yes, so what was that.
Speaker 2: Experience, Like, what do you remember from filming it?
Speaker 7: So they thought it was a good idea to cast a boy and a girl and they were the kissing couple and they were supposed to kiss over the six or eight weeks we saw the film.
Speaker 3: Needless to say, they did not.
Speaker 7: Like each other after a few kisses. So Jessica came in as a replacement to be the kissing girl and the other kissing girl. And then it ended up being if you watch the movie, it's like there's a mud scene and they're like wet and mud and the kissing.
Speaker 5: But it didn't it didn't.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a storyline that really made it through from in the way that it was in the script.
Speaker 3: So that's how Jessica was. And then we became really close. At the time, she was really you know, we.
Speaker 7: Were all young, I think between thirteen fourteen fifteen years old, so I remember I think we had her either thirteenth or fourteenth birthday at my house and like our families got along and we did a bunch of fun things together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we so that was yeah, that was camp.
Speaker 7: Nowhere she was in it. Let's see, that was really wild at Christopher Lloyd of course, Jonathan Jackson, Jackson, Yeah, all these names like having to pull them out, but yeah, John and Jackson was great.
Speaker 3: It was a great experience. I mean, getting out of school. We were working up.
Speaker 7: At the Disney Ranch, which is where they shot Dukes of Hazzard, which was cool and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So you joined thunder Ally in season two, and we've talked about it quite a few times on Podmeats World, since you guys were then, you know, filming next door to us. And by the time you got on that, you and I had already known each other now for a few years. So we met at that audition for Baywatch in like ninety one, and then in the way you do as a young actor, you bump into each other at multiple auditions, and then by the time you were on thunder Alley, it was like, oh, my gosh, my friend Andrew is here now. But that's really where we solidified our friendship and basically became BFFs forever. But do you remember your audition for thunder Ally and finding out that you were going to be on primetime TV.
Speaker 7: You know, you guys have spoken about this, and again I was always very impressed. You guys always felt super comfortable and you were in your flow coming onto a show with Ed Asner, a six year old Haley Joel Osmon, two other ten eleven year olds and being about that age where you're just recognizing like this is a big deal.
Speaker 3: This is a lot of pressure, and I was pretty nervous and pretty I would say, it's just it's the great unknown. I'm going to go in front.
Speaker 7: I mean, I had done it, but it's like to go in front of the three cameras, in front of an audience, and there was just a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: As far as the audition, I remember not thinking that it went that well, but that they seem to really like it.
Speaker 7: So I was like, well, I guess that worked. Found out about it, and again there was like this mixture. I don't know if you guys have felt this where it's like, oh, yeah, it's like kind of when you're like the dog chasing the car and it catches what as I was saying, It's like all of a sudden, it's like, wait, I got the bum I got to do this.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm used to auditioning.
Speaker 7: I've done a few little things, but this is like Ed Asner, Mary Tyler Moore show. And so I would say that was probably one of the hardest experiences. There was just so much pressure with the with the audience and working with Ed.
Speaker 3: Who's you know at the time, it must have been in his sixties, and I mean he was nice, but he was a professional.
Speaker 7: And you know, he's looking at all these kids, probably thinking, how did I end up here with four kids I'm working with?
Speaker 3: Remember you're Lynes? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had we had the Bill Daniels on our set, who also probably was looking around like how did I end up here? I'm I'm such a pro and I'm so good at what I do, and yet here I am with all these ldren who think this is all so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And now we understand that more, we're like, oh, that's a real job.
Speaker 7: So, but Ed was great. And then did you guys ever have Robbie Benson as a director?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: On your show?
Speaker 7: So Robbie was a child childhood actor, and I think he pretty much directed all of them. And he was also just a militant director, and I will never forget one. Like, first of all, we all cried right at different times. But I'm the sixteen year old.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, try to keep it together. There's a ten year old and eight year old and then a six year old. Haley was literally six, and it was it was incredible.
Speaker 7: I have a seven year old now almost eight, and I'm just thinking how he was able to literally and he had a lot of he had a lot of lines like he was, you know, a significant part of the show. So I was always very impressed with him. And I was like, if he's six and he can do it, I can do this.
Speaker 3: Just memorize your lines now.
Speaker 7: I know we were in a stage next to Home Improvement. Were you guys in that stage before us, because I know I remember you guys were in a different lot.
Speaker 2: We spent the first two years at Disney, so ninety three, ninety four and then ninety four and ninety five we were on the Disney. We were on stage two.
Speaker 6: Page two, okay, okay, and then I think what Home Improvement was stage one?
Speaker 5: Right, you guys were right there. I remember, yeah, you were literally if I.
Speaker 1: Remember correctly, When Boy meets World Thunder Ally Home Improvement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were all there for at least one I think.
Speaker 1: It was all the way down and we had that one trailer with the Pa pong table and then intend video Angel.
Speaker 6: Vicki Angel and Vicki would bring us there and play basketball and do all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: I have a quick basketball story. So we were playing basketball. I don't know if any of you guys are there. These things, by the way, are great to hear. I have little blippets of memory. But one one day we were playing and Jonathan he was like right here, and he went up to play back, you know, basketball backed up and he hit my tooth and I was like it started to turn blacks. Ended up getting it fixed with temporarily. And yeah, so I not on my front tooth and tooth.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Taylor Thomas killed one of your teeth.
Speaker 1: To beat drama, I mean, get him back, get him on here.
Speaker 6: We want Jonathan Taylor Thomas the whole tooth.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Putting this all down for Danielle's diary.
Speaker 5: I love the whole tooth and nothing, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth. No further questions. So I have a question for you, Andrew you.
Speaker 6: You mentioned that you celebrated somebody's thirteenth birthday on the set Where's the strangest place You've ever celebrated your birthday?
Speaker 2: On a podcast Heavy Birthday.
Speaker 7: I noticed behind Danielle like the date, and I was like, I wonder if she remembers.
Speaker 3: I do well done, well done, well done.
Speaker 2: So let's spend a little bit of time. Well, first of all, what are you doing after this to celebrate your birthday?
Speaker 7: I have I'm gonna pick up my daughter and actually we're doing a little dinner just around the corner at a nice Italian restaurant. Just kind of threw it up some friends. If you guys want to join, come on over to the West Side. We're just going to hang out and have dinner.
Speaker 5: There's a West Side.
Speaker 2: So I want to I want to have a little bit of fun talking about our friendship because I have I have so many amazing stories with you. But I I some like like you, my memory is not incredible. You remember you say that I have a good memory, But it's because you remember how good I was at remembering lines. I can memorize that, Like, my memory's great with that act, memories of my actual life are a little harder for me to remember for some reason. So I actually the reason I said we met at the bay Watch audition is because I asked my mom. I didn't even remember that we had met at that Baywatch audition. What do you remember about our friendship and how much time you spent at our house and how much time you spent with our family? You taught you tried to teach me how to drive stick shift? Do you remember that? Do you remember me stalling out your car over and over again?
Speaker 4: I can feel it.
Speaker 6: I can feel the gears grinding, I get just oh, I can feel it happening.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, can you imagine now? What were you? Fifteen? Dick shift? Did we wait a second? Didn't we run from the cops one time? And night? We did?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 5: Wait? Did you're burying the lead?
Speaker 6: What what happened for the cops?
Speaker 3: The story?
Speaker 5: We did it?
Speaker 2: Okay, go tell the story. Tell the story. I hope my children never listened to this podcast.
Speaker 3: This wasn't this wasn't the one I was even thinking of. And there's another story. So we went.
Speaker 7: I'm teaching her how to drive in the shadow Hills area, which was horse country in the deeper valley than probably where you guys are.
Speaker 3: So we're driving up and down in the hills and around.
Speaker 7: And we're going down and I mean, I'm sixteen, so I have no business having, you know, anybody in the car at the time with the permit.
Speaker 3: Apparently maybe I was fifteen. I'm not even sure.
Speaker 7: We go down this hill around the Weimer's house and we go down and there's a and we're in the middle of nowhere. I mean, you know, there's a cop every three months.
Speaker 3: And this cop goes by and I'm fortunately driving at the time, and I know the neighborhood. I'm like, and he looked at us, you know that look when you're driving by. He's like, I know that book.
Speaker 2: Because you are about two and a half years older than me. So if you were sixteen, I was like thirteen and a half.
Speaker 3: Well maybe for me, I was like seventeen eighteen. All I know is we just didn't want to get pulled over correct.
Speaker 7: So we went down the hill and I just it was it was like he had to turn around, and I knew a few turns, and I just went home, put the car in the garage and I was like, we're good.
Speaker 5: It's playing video games.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we did. We did that.
Speaker 7: But then another driving story, and this is the one that I'll never forget, is going to your mom saying go ahead, Andrew, you know how to drive. You can take Danielle to Disneyland. So we got in her Accura I don't remember to make but it was a nice you know, big mom car.
Speaker 2: He drive car.
Speaker 7: I drove your mom is accurate from Calabasas, which.
Speaker 3: I still don't know that this was a good idea, but it got worse. So we get to Disneyland, which I already felt like I'm winning. I've got Danielle, I'm driving, and I'm at disney Land. What's better than this. We walk into Disneyland and it was just like this, all right, we're here.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 7: There's the magical you know, what's it called magic Magic Magic Castle.
Speaker 3: We got Magic Kingdom. So we go through and all of a sudden, you know, a little little chime over here, a little bit.
Speaker 7: Next thing, you know, we're just like enveloped with people and we get a picture, go get river and I'm just looking at her.
Speaker 3: It's like it's the bank. It's whatever they called me back then, and I was like, we gotta think, we gotta go. So I think we got a halfway up the street to the Magic Kingdom and we're just like, let's let's let's get out of here. It's getting scary, just me and you, and we literally ran out and drove him.
Speaker 6: That was the last time I was a Disney Literally, that was the last time you're at Disneyland.
Speaker 5: Really, as he has an.
Speaker 2: Eight year old and uh, and he still hasn't been back to Disneyland.
Speaker 7: So I'm holding that story for as a block for me to go to Disneyland. So I decide I'm gonna go to Disney World. They haven't done it since we all were there. My daughter is six at the time. I have some cousins in Florida. So we go book at the Wilderness and I pay for the trip, and I'm like, you guys, let's let's bring the kids.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to disney World.
Speaker 7: So we do one day at Magic Kingdom, one day at Animal Kingdom, third day at the Hollywood and I was going for I'm like, we're doing We're just gonna do them all.
Speaker 3: The third day we get home and I'm like, oh that burger, Oh no, that's so good. But I'll be fine. I'll be fine. That night Wicked six some kind of bug.
Speaker 7: I'm up all I literally called the paramedics and like, new Fee shows.
Speaker 5: Up, you're seriously dehydrated.
Speaker 7: But I literally called, you know, like you're good, and I'm like, no, I'm not. I just hit my head grown up so much.
Speaker 3: Everything's coming out. It was horrible.
Speaker 7: So I took the next plane and went home. So those are my two Disney stories.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I'm sorry, but I just see the entire Disney like, you know, Mickey around. Oh he's coding, all right, everybody clear, Like I just this this whole kind of everybody rushing in.
Speaker 5: I don't know why it's so funny to me, but god, it is.
Speaker 3: So we gotta try.
Speaker 6: Maybe not maybe as an adult, we'll try disney Land. We'll all go together. Maybe we'll get a guide. We'll like, we'll do it, right.
Speaker 3: I need some support guys to go. Yeah, that would be right. That would be the way I would do it.
Speaker 5: That's how we shoot. They'll bring their kids, it'll be fun kids. Shuldee that wait, who's got kids?
Speaker 3: I know Danielle. Does you guys have kids as well?
Speaker 5: I have a stepdaughter thirty four.
Speaker 2: It's a little different, it's slightly different.
Speaker 3: Definitely definitely not a kid, my guess.
Speaker 6: Or two I'll be I'll be a grandfather. So yeah, no, it's very different on my end.
Speaker 2: Yes, writer's got a nine year old son who we would so yeah, we'll do. We'll do a proper Disney trip with a guide right in an Indy and I'll bring my kids, and Andrew, you could bring your daughter. Just I want to know to the car that you let me drive, the red one. You built that car yourself, right that car? Do you still have it? I need to know. I need to remember all the details of the car because I know that car was like your baby. Tell everyone what it was.
Speaker 7: My dad was in the Vietnam War, so he brought it over from Okinawa, so he bought it, knew there, had it shipped, and it was.
Speaker 3: Sitting in the garage.
Speaker 7: You know, this would have been probably fifteen or twenty years later, so it was sitting in the garage and I always just had like an affinity to it. It's you know, it's a part of your life. And when I think I was thirteen fourteen. I actually did camp nowhere and the character was into fixing cars. And I'm not sure which came first, but life inmitating our imitating life, like whatever they say about that. So I was like, I'm going to fix up this car. So I started to, you know, break down the doors, and yeah, it did put the car.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a lot of.
Speaker 7: Parts that you don't do, like painting, and sure there's certainly mechanical things.
Speaker 3: But of car.
Speaker 7: Was it a seventy one mgb Oh great car, little car, a little creak car, the spokes on the wheels and like a little starter project.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was the safest car. It definitely would not be in a category safe at all.
Speaker 6: No perfect Californi car, though, Oh man, what a California car.
Speaker 3: Perfect car to teach Danielle how to drive.
Speaker 5: Grinding the gears on a classic. Oh it just got so much worse. The story just got so much worse.
Speaker 3: I answer, yeah, to answer your question, I did end up getting riden.
Speaker 7: It was just a time where it was like cars are just too much, So I got rid of all the cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would also like to share that Andrew and I decided when we were very young that we would be the only two people who are allowed to call each other Andy and Danny, and I have held true to that. No one is allowed to call me Danny's for Andrew. Have you ever let anybody call you Andy?
Speaker 3: If it wasn't two days ago, I just told somebody I hate that name, and I don't let anybody call me that. But you can't.
Speaker 2: Exactly say, that's just one of those little things. Okay, now I have.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just were talking about it.
Speaker 7: We were like the cutest little friend cut in and you guys were teasing me earlier. Of course, who didn't have a crush on Daniel, But we established a very good friend dynamic and just wrote it out and it's just a few years later.
Speaker 2: It was so it was just such a fun friendship. And I have so many pictures of us together, and one of my favorites is writers in his fedora. At my fifteenth birthday party, and Andrew was there and he Andrew bought me. He was like one of the first people to buy me jewelry. So I have like a ring with on a necklace that I'm wearing that Andrew gave me. He bought me a bracelet and an anklet. We have this picture of him putting the anklet on me. Oh geez, and yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Just none of it. None of it worked, well, none of it.
Speaker 1: Daniel's mom is in the background.
Speaker 5: You please make this work.
Speaker 2: My mom would have been thrilled. She loved and she still does love Andrews.
Speaker 5: I'm glad the affinity for jewelry went away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: We're walking Dan Yell and I.
Speaker 6: Are walking down the street of Austin, out of nowhere, about to have a live show. We passed, we passed the jewelry place and she just looks me goes, do you want to buy me some jewelry?
Speaker 2: Joy?
Speaker 3: Sorry? He was like what. No.
Speaker 5: She's like, all right, you can if you want. Friends do that for each other.
Speaker 6: And there will be no pictures of.
Speaker 5: Me putting in I'll let you call me Danny.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 5: It takes a little sparkle.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I have a very funny story. But I just have to tell the story because it'll give you an idea one really into the mindset of young Danielle and into an idea of our friendship. So, and I don't even know if Andy knows this, but I was on the phone with him when I got my period for the very first time. I was like, I need to call you back, and he was like okay, and we hang up the phone and I run out of my room and I announced at the top of the stairs as loud as could be, Mom, I got my period. I was so excited. I was thrilled. And my mom comes out and she goes, she goes, why are you so excited? And I was like, I am so excited. She's like I think I cried when she's like so healthy that, oh my gosh. Well, because you know, all I wanted in the world was to be an adult. I just wanted to be a grown up, and so this was like, oh, well, you can't be a grown up until this happens.
Speaker 4: So I call my mom.
Speaker 2: My mom comes in, We talked, you know, we do all the things you need to do whatever, and then I go, I gotta call Andrew back, and my mom goes, hold on, do not tell Andrew. Andrew doesn't need to know that. He doesn't really.
Speaker 3: Boys really love to talk about or are ready to.
Speaker 2: Like very sure call him back, but like, don't tell Andrew. That's funny and now I don't really I don't remember if I told him it. Probably it seems to be that it's something I may have done that I would have told Andrew. Did I tell you?
Speaker 3: It sounds very familiar.
Speaker 7: I remember we would have those conversations really close. That's where you are, so you know, for those of you and listening to this, there was only a hard line. You know, this is before cell phones, so we'd be on the phone with the cord and you know, going to sleep.
Speaker 3: And we talked for countless hours.
Speaker 7: So I definitely remember, not sure you told me that night, but that you telling it now?
Speaker 3: Does I do know? You literally were like but you even like said, I'm supposed to tell you, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom not to tell you, but just oh cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still don't know what to say to this, right, I'm still awkward, Like.
Speaker 2: Still an awkward conversation.
Speaker 6: We didn't know Rider and I didn't know how close the two of you were. I mean, we knew that you were friends, and we we you hung around on the set of Boy Metroled a lot.
Speaker 5: You were on the show.
Speaker 6: We obviously knew you, but we thought it was all through Angel and VICKI so we didn't realize.
Speaker 5: We didn't know that that's what it was. We had the same gym teacher, Like, that's what it was, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Angel and Jickie.
Speaker 2: Podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's its own. Oh that's right, that was they were the gym people, remember them.
Speaker 6: All the stories that just went through Andrews and all the stories and was the head.
Speaker 3: So they got me to do this boxerati video.
Speaker 7: Do you remember the exercise stuff they we did grindline.
Speaker 5: Video, d boxing video videos left and right with you guys.
Speaker 7: We we did a videos and stuff and I was so unprepared because this boxing move and I'm not that coordinated. I just remember how difficult it was to film it and how disappointed they were that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the one too in the video. Oh please, I hope it's I want to buy them all.
Speaker 2: And we're going to find box Sarati.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, how is box Sarati not the greatest title for anything ever?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sarat But Andrew.
Speaker 1: Didn't you go you went to Hawaii? My brother went to Hawaii with you with was it with.
Speaker 3: Angel and Vicki two or Angel? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I know Shilah went surfing with you in Hawaii at one point for like a trip, my.
Speaker 3: First trip ever, and again just going for the full story here, folks.
Speaker 7: We're in a hotel in Waikiki, Angel, I think Rider, and I think there was somebody else there I can't remember, and.
Speaker 3: My brother's best friend Nate, Nate and Angel and you, yeah, the surfing trip on a surf trip.
Speaker 7: So and I think my friend who I'm still really good friends with, I think he might have been there as well in the r short so, but this was my first experience with Maui Wowie.
Speaker 6: Maui Wowe is old school's classic weed. It's like ty stick. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when I say Maui wow weeed, this was my first time. And I swear I was lost in this hotel. Everything was growing slow and I was like.
Speaker 3: Wow, And I think it was your brother Shiloh. That was like, yeah, a couple of hits and I was like that sounds about that.
Speaker 5: Sounds and he came down.
Speaker 7: My god.
Speaker 2: I learned how to surf in Hawaii and then was so excited to come home and tell Andrew that I knew now how to surf. Andrew was like, that's amazing, Yes, you can go surfing with me now, and I was like yeah. And so one morning, at like four thirty in the morning, Andrew came and picked me up and it was still dark and took me out to Malibu and I went in there and I touched one little toe in the water and was like, what the hell is this getting in this water? I think I went out and tried to catch like one or two ways. I didn't even it was dead. I was freezing and I was like, I'll just wait for you on the beach. I think that was the only time Andrew ever took me.
Speaker 5: You know what helps with that? Ma wowie? Yeah, promise you.
Speaker 2: So your name came up again recently when we were talking with Writer specifically about the sale with the Stars cruise that we had years ago, and your name came up because we were talking about Rider and his discomfort with the heart throb status. You were one of those quintessential teen heart throbs? Did it ever like? And the way name came up is because Writer was talking about how well you handled it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were good at it.
Speaker 2: You were so good at it. Did you enjoy being a heart throb? Did it ever feel like too much to you? What was the experience for you.
Speaker 7: Like, I think it's an you know, it's an interesting word, and of course it does sort of evoke like a lot of different feelings.
Speaker 3: I think I was open to just the experience at the time.
Speaker 7: You know, at this time I look back and you know, there's a little bit of cringe, like your you know, heart throb is kind of this.
Speaker 3: It's also with this like past tense.
Speaker 7: But even at the time, it's like, I don't know what's going on right now.
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 7: We're on a cruise and it was a very surreal experience that all of us really you know, participated in and that we were.
Speaker 3: You know, fond over and given all this attention.
Speaker 7: But I think, you know, I don't know that I have a particular definition to it. I can't there's times where I think I just went with it. I can't say I was like one hundred percent comfortable. I think there was a lot of times where, like I'm sure you guys experienced this Disneyland, for example, going to malls, going to airport, So there's a part of you that you can perform and be there as you're expected to be, But there's also times where you're just like I just want to get through this airport right now, and it's like, how's it going. Okay, nice, thank you to take a picture. And I still and I've always been like okay with it.
Speaker 3: You know. It's like, what an amazing gift that we.
Speaker 7: All have to bring a little bit of joy or pleasure in a moment to someone.
Speaker 3: And taking a picture.
Speaker 7: So it's it's a harmless effort that we make to make somebody day and.
Speaker 3: It's fine and actually, quite frankly, it's like kind of nice. Some people walked up to me and my daughter on aber Kenny the other day and the guy's like, yeah, you're kind of talking to me.
Speaker 7: It's like yeah, everybody says I look like Ben Fieldman, and all of a sudden, the two of them look and she's like, no, honey, he's an actor.
Speaker 3: And the boy looked at like at the same time like he's Andrew King Again. I'm eating my I'm meeting my sweet fin with my daughter and dog, and I'm like, yeah, we can take a picture. And again it's like a moment that they'll share and enjoy and for us as well.
Speaker 7: Well, it's like it's nice to bring a little pleasure but as far as heart throb, I guess I probably.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't have done too many of those photos of my shirt off.
Speaker 7: But other than that, like there's some really speaking of boxingbodie, there's some shots of me like for looks.
Speaker 2: Skinny, right, you're like a thirteen year old boy.
Speaker 3: Like literally, I'm like, who told me to take my shirt off? That such a bad idea, not developed enough yet. I hadn't had my period.
Speaker 1: And I also don't know if many young girls cared about like a seat shirts.
Speaker 5: And that was that was probably for older people.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's a little weird to think about now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A different podcast, we might love that one. Now.
Speaker 6: The thing I remember most about that whole time with you, though, was it was something that was very interesting because a lot of the quote unquote heart throbs at the time, like the Jonathan Brandis or Jonathan Taylor, Thomas any Ryder they all had it was all kind of also about the shows they were on, whereas you were kind of the product unto yourself, which was which was an interesting thing to see because you were working all the time, but you were you weren't on one long running thing where it was like you'd hear Jonathan Brandis and sequest like it was that kind of thing, right or strong and boy meets World where it was.
Speaker 5: Just Andrew Keegan. It was about you.
Speaker 6: And I think that's one of the reasons that maybe you handled it so well is because, you know, and I'm not saying this is a negative thing, you were already the brand, which which had never really I don't really remember happening all that much before, because it didn't matter what you were on. It was just Andrew Keegan. And I remember that about you more than I remember any of the other young quote unquote heart throbs at the time.
Speaker 7: And see, I always felt in like somewhat insecure and in the sense that I didn't have that job and I was still you know, I'm still doing this because they were happy to have me do a photo shoot and however that however that worked in selling magazines, was good for them.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting that you say that because.
Speaker 7: Of course, at that age thirteen fourteen, fifteen years old, I was not aware of anything brand or not.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to work, and I was always looking at you guys like, oh, they got a job. I got to get a job. Because while you guys are working.
Speaker 7: I'm going to every audition and it's just like I want to be on a show.
Speaker 1: Well, if you've committed to Boxerati, a little bit harder, a little harder than the thing man, Boxarati twenty three.
Speaker 3: Has coming out to a to a store, to a Blockbuster near you.
Speaker 6: Okay, can we get a double feature of Boxarati and Grinders inline?
Speaker 5: Can we can we get grinders?
Speaker 4: Can we do that?
Speaker 2: You do a double feature?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It is interesting that you mentioned that though, because it's one of the things we talk about a lot. Is like the things we took for granted back then in the way we were all feeling like Writer would have loved nothing more than to not have been so associated with just boy Meets World. For Writer to have been actor right or strong. You could be seen anywhere, could be known for anything instead of in his mind, known for this kid's sitcom. And yet you had the total opposite feeling, which is like, oh gosh, I'm just I'm just a floating actor going here, going there, and I don't have that that show that's like that I'm known for. And so it's just interesting because you know, you don't We we all were all insecure about the things that we have and feeling like we're missing out on the thing we don't have, And yet we all look back and go, we just really should have been kinder to ourselves. Enjoyed it a whole lot more.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 7: Oh, I still look back on it with fond memories and very much I think enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: But I do remember now that you're speaking about writer.
Speaker 7: Writer was like so smart and sew in accounting crows and I was always like this.
Speaker 3: Dude, I think he had like these books that were like this year, and I was like, I think he's a scientist. He's going to do something.
Speaker 1: I mean it was like what just and miserable, just self indulgent and miserable.
Speaker 2: Then you know later what were you?
Speaker 7: I was like reading philosophical books and I was like, this was the smartest guy.
Speaker 3: I've ever met.
Speaker 7: And I know Danielle was like best friends with you too, And I was a little like, oh Man, was so.
Speaker 1: Smart but so miserable. I was just so sad all the time. You have fund members because you enjoyed it. I was miserable.
Speaker 6: Oh man, what was your When you look back, what's the project that sticks out in your mind the most, Like, what's the I mean, I wouldn't say favorite, but just one that had the most impact on you.
Speaker 7: I think, you know, of course everybody knows ten things and a great film, and like I said, I just listened to Lrissa's.
Speaker 3: And we can talk about that.
Speaker 7: The I think the product, the project that scared me the most was The Broken Hearts Club. This was Greg Borlanti directed his first directorial where they say that directorial debut, and it was Zach Braf, Dean Kine, Timothy Olaphant.
Speaker 3: And Billy Billy Quarter Geez Billy Porter.
Speaker 7: It was an amazing cast and we were it was an all gay cast of characters.
Speaker 3: And this was in ninety eight, ninety nine, and they had not done in.
Speaker 7: All gay cast of characters as far as like the film.
Speaker 3: You know leads since the sixties. So I was nineteen.
Speaker 7: I think I just remember that sort of taking that on and doing something that ultimately is not my you know, my sexual you know, but it wasn't about that. It was about this these these guys in their life in West Hollywood. But that part of it scared me, you know, obviously, And that project, I think it turned out really well, and it's still, you know, in a way as classic as Ten Things, but obviously a different kind of film.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Let's jump in really quick to Boy Meets World when you were Ronnie Lips Waterman. We recently we made you watch your episode. Did you watch it?
Speaker 3: Yes? With my daughter, by the which is yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have any memories of filming it? Do you remember in Orlando? If you do, remember, what do you remember about it?
Speaker 3: I see such a procrastinator. I'm going to let it come to me now.
Speaker 7: I just remember, like obviously how excited I was to travel and shoot something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I remember obviously you being a dear friend, best friend, and that was really cool. I remember some of the pictures I saw. I don't know what the hell I was thinking as far as what I was wearing and the sunglasses. That's a whole other subject for another day Fashion Fashion podcast.
Speaker 3: The nineties, the nineties, but I mean, I remember we were in a parade that.
Speaker 2: I remember parades.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for what you got and see if it jogs any of my memories.
Speaker 2: I think one of the only things I remember, and I talked about it really recently on one of the podcasts is. I do remember that you had a bigger part on the episode when we started the week, and then as the week went on, and probably all the trims and cuts that needed to happen as the episode was, you know, going, because of all the things you can't really account for, being out of town and all those things. I remember there being a frustration with how underused you were, and it felt like they didn't give you a lot to play off of. You didn't really have much of a character, and I remember feeling a little like stuck between wanting to like should I do? I can't say anything like these are my superiors, I can't be like excuse me, but also feeling like this is my best friend and he they're they're not really doing him justice for this character, for this role. So I kind of remember that, and yet I don't remember all the details of it.
Speaker 3: I do having seen it. I do completely agree.
Speaker 7: So that makes total sense because it was a very two dimensional, like here he is at a better episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been such a better episode if if Ronnie had like actual character and like something to do, because then.
Speaker 5: Like there would have been a real wret. Yes, saying the same thing, an actual threating.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, there was no conflict. There was no you know, there really was no.
Speaker 7: I mean I just watched it. There was Yeah, now that you mentioned, there was like no issue that we really had. It was just kind of bouncing around, and I guess you know, that was That was just that.
Speaker 3: That was about the Lips. That was it.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 6: You have to say, though, you have to say, probably top five best character names in the history of Ronnie Lips Waterman.
Speaker 5: I mean, it has to be top five.
Speaker 3: I just got a little excited when Will said it that way.
Speaker 2: What did your daughter think when you watched it?
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. She has got a very strong attitude.
Speaker 7: She's she's like literally a teenager at seven turning eight years old.
Speaker 3: I tried to cover her eyes during the kissing part and she's.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: And at this point she's just kind of like used to it.
Speaker 7: We went to the ice cream store the other day and the lady's like, hey, you know.
Speaker 3: You you look a little familiar. Yeah, he's in La.
Speaker 5: All right, Little Publishers.
Speaker 3: She just throws it out there, like, yeah, my dad's in that movie. I was like, thanks a lot, appreciate that, but no, she loves the show, by the way.
Speaker 7: So when we when I first talked to you about doing it, we started watching episodes and I called Danielle and I was like, I can get.
Speaker 3: Her on the phone. I'm trying to be a cool dad. I'm like, I get her on the phone, and I did. Thank you, by the way for.
Speaker 5: Taking it, thank you for taking the call.
Speaker 6: We still say that to Danielle when Danielle ever answers the phone, We're like, thank you, Danielle for picking up the phone.
Speaker 3: Is Danny? There is Danny? They exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like, better be Andy. Better be Andy if I'm being called Danny. Okay. So later you would appear in over twenty episodes of Seventh Heaven as Wilson West, a teen dad, and you were Jessica Biel's serious boyfriend on the show. It was the WB's most watched show ever, and now it has kind of made this insane resurgence over the past two years because on TikTok people are analyzing it because of some of the more crazy storylines. So here are just some examples of some story lines from Seventh Heaven. Simon uses his middle finger and gets suspended from school. Sheerie Appleby plays Karen, a teenager who joins a street gang. Ruthie, the white, middle aged mother, is suspected of being Al Qaeda, forcing family to be detained at the airport.
Speaker 3: What what wow?
Speaker 2: Simon hangs out with Hoffers at school.
Speaker 3: Okay? Yes? Or glue? Okay? Okay.
Speaker 2: Eric dreams he's Elvis during open heart surgery. The family dog finds a joint in the house, and Eric threatens to drug test his entire family, including his five year old daughter Ruthie.
Speaker 5: Wow, can get.
Speaker 6: Before you go on any further, Danielle, this is the only thing that's been sticky in my head, uses his middle finger to what.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping flip somebody off?
Speaker 6: Okay, because the way you're there could that storyline could have gone a lot of places.
Speaker 2: Just to flip somebody off and to get from school from the oh okay, pew So, Andy, do you have a favorite episode or scene you were in from Seventh Heaven?
Speaker 7: M So, I do remember it, and I wouldn't know the episode, but I remember it was maybe one of the breaking up I had, like these really long monologues.
Speaker 3: Did you did you do? Seventh of It?
Speaker 6: As well.
Speaker 3: I did not Daniel, did anybody? Okay, So I guess it would be similar you on your show three camera or yeah, three camera show, but you got to get the lines. You had to nail the lines.
Speaker 7: They want them a certain way, and it was like that on this, uh of course a single film camera show, but they really wanted every word that like you couldn't change it so or there was just it had to be.
Speaker 3: Literally like it was written.
Speaker 7: But I had two huge monologues and I was so nervous, but I memorized them and I was like, I'm gonna nail it, nail it, and I did, and I nailed it, and I like two hours early, and they were like, you know, these were a lot of older filmmakers. I mean, there was a guy director from gun Smoke that was directing I think that episode, so literally he was a director from gun Smoke. So that was my highlight when I got through that day. As far as episodes, the kid the kids started as a baby and then I think the second season it popped up to like a four year old.
Speaker 3: So I had to work with the twins.
Speaker 7: I think there was actually triplets. The second time working with Jess was great. She is just such a talk like at the time, such a tomboy. We would like hang out, go to the movies, do all kinds of fun things. And I'm sure you remember. I actually think there was an episode of Thunder ally that Jessica Biel and Jessica Albert came in the audience.
Speaker 3: I don't somebody told me. I was reminded of that, and I was like, yeah, that probably did happen at some point, but yeah, Jesse was great, and.
Speaker 7: I don't know, it was nice to be under again, these are very like professional environments, and at that time I was, you know, seventeen eighteen, so but yes, as far as a favorite episode, I mean, I guess any of the episodes that I Gotta Kiss jess.
Speaker 2: Right, pretty awesome ones.
Speaker 3: They stand out.
Speaker 2: One of the main things we've loved about having this podcast is that it has allowed us to take control of our own narrative. And it is so easy for a story to become a clickbait headline and to make the rounds, and then suddenly the next thing you know, it has just become fact without there being any connection to reality or truth. And we have so appreciated having this platform to provide for ourselves and to our guests the opportunity to speak on their experiences. And so I was hoping that we could talk about.
Speaker 7: You mean, when I woke up one day and I was like, anointed a cult leader.
Speaker 2: Talk about Yeah, if that's okay, I'd like to talk to you about your cult Okay, Okay, Well I'll start. I'll preface it a little bit. Around twenty fourteen, a couple of articles started popping up about your shift into being a spiritual leader, focusing on meditation and healing therapies and crystals all through what was considered a new church in Venice called Full Circle. These articles spiraled into calling Full Circle a cult and you the nineties heart throb everybody remembered a cult leader. So we got a few online comments about it, even just before this episode we recording this episode, so we hoped you could talk about it and set the record straight, are you a cult leader?
Speaker 7: So in two thoy thirteen, it was just after occupying and I moved to Venice early twenty in my early twenties and just really got immersed in the culture and the community. So and again i'll run through this quickly, but there was this interesting kind of group of hippie types if you will. In Venice, and I'm sure if you guys went on the west side there, there's definitely a lot of you know, spirituality, if you will. So I was connected with some folks and we had this opportunity. There was this the old Harry Krishna Temple, which I remember when it was the Harry Krishna Temple.
Speaker 3: That's a whole you know, other story.
Speaker 7: And it was sitting there empty, and we're like, yo, why don't we just get some people together, and like let's open this place up, and let's you know, we'd done occupying the street with a bunch of people, and I was like, let's get it together.
Speaker 3: Let's do some positive things for the community. So twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, and at.
Speaker 7: One point we had the opportunity to get in there. We did, which was kind of a looking back, was insane. I was putting down thousands and tens of thousand dollars. But we opened it up and we spent three years and really did build an amazing friend group kind of like you know, in the senses of what you guys went through, we went through something really significant from fourteen to seventeen. What happened was as far as the articles, of course my history as an actor or no.
Speaker 3: Being known in combination with the church.
Speaker 7: It was just it was click bait central, and we had a few things that happened there.
Speaker 3: But I think the first one that kind of got it all started was this Vice article.
Speaker 7: They were They came in and you know, I probably should have had a little bit more media training at the time, and I was just like, yeah, like everything's great. There's all these wild things going on, sacred and so they just really created a very interesting, colorful story and put you know, put it together, and I think that's ultimately but we we really just got together and like we did you know, we did a Sunday thing and we did I think almost a thousand events in three years, and it was actually really hard and.
Speaker 3: It was really beneficial to a lot of people.
Speaker 7: I still hear about it now where people are like, that was such a great time. So it's kind of the opposite of what I guess, you know, you would imagine.
Speaker 3: There was no you know, doctrine.
Speaker 7: We're not trying to We're just like, you know, get people together. The co Creator Handbook was a handbook. We used the elders that we knew out of Hummingbird, New Mexico.
Speaker 3: So for for all intentsive purposes, just a really cool community center for a bunch of people in Venice for three years.
Speaker 2: It sounds much more like a group of people at burning Man more than a group of people at like in Heaven's Gate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's a difference.
Speaker 3: Cult leader kind of leads into the Heavens Gate. Maybe we should have like, yeah, I come up with a different name.
Speaker 7: I thought Full Circle was pretty good. You know, what goes around comes around. I don't know whatever, you know. But again, it wasn't something with like such a specific agenda at the time.
Speaker 3: It just kind of sort of evolved from a group of people.
Speaker 7: And like I said, we've had thousands of people come through over the years and just a ton of different events, dinner parties and so you know, there was actually a podcast I heard recently where they were talking about it and they were trying to figure it out. At the end they kind of landed on like it just seems like a kind of a cool place to hang out, and that's really what it was.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Do you find that people have people mentioned this to you, like, do you get it online? Have you ever do you get asked about it interviews? Do you that you have to debunk this often?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think at this point we all know you can't really believe what you read, and it's like anybody can call anybody anything. I actually did end up filing a defamation lawsuit against AEG and Newsmax for one of the things that happened there.
Speaker 3: But you know, they have an ability to basically say whatever they want.
Speaker 7: I put up a fight. It ends up costing you money and legal fees. And you know, of course this recent case of defamation worked out for someone. But at the time, you know, and I look back at it now, I'm like, I don't know anybody else that's being called a cult leader. So it's kind of like a badge of honor. It's like, yeah, well I was calling you a cult leader.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So looking back now, thirty years since you first started working, maybe even more, you have a beautiful daughter of your own, do you see your childhood acting in a positive light? And would you let aya enter the business?
Speaker 3: Ah? Great question.
Speaker 7: So interestingly enough, this week she starts. I got her into a playhouse a Santa Monica play Santamonica Playhouse, Santa Monica Playhouse. So she's going to do it a little after school program. But this summer I did this film and there was as as we were talking about I had I had a daughter in the in the movie and there was a flashback scene.
Speaker 3: So I did her first movie and she did great. She just had to do a couple of scenes with me. But she was like it was like nothing to her. She's like, yeah, what do I say? What do I say? Let's go. So she's got She's got. It's just a scared question. She's got it. The question is like we've all talked about it.
Speaker 7: Is it something where it would be a great focus of her time?
Speaker 3: You know, I really want her to enjoy, you know, her childhood.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I want to talk to you about ten things I hate about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how could we skip?
Speaker 5: How did you've done a ton of great stuf?
Speaker 2: Want to talk to you about? Okay, so ten things I hate about you? Do you remember auditioning for it? What was that overall experience like for you?
Speaker 7: I did audition. I remember I was in a white tank top, which ended up being the helples in the movie. Yeah, I think if I remember in this of course, these are the stories they tell you we had. We actually had a twenty year reunion five years ago. It's the twenty fifth Jesus this March. Actually, you guys will probably be putting this out right about about that time. But yeah, So it was twenty five years ago, and the audition was at the Disney lot actually.
Speaker 3: The same place that we shot the show. I remember going, and if I remember correctly, Andrew Disarm was the producer, and they said, you know, sometime later like, yeah, you walked into the white tank top and did your thing. You were Joey.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, great, cool guy.
Speaker 3: It's great. Joey eat meat on honor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh wow, guy's naterman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, geez.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we're going with nickname characters, another good one. He's like the right under Ronnie, right under Ronnie.
Speaker 2: I'll say, And so did you did you like specifically bond with anybody on that set? Who were your closest friends? Like, what was your experience doing the movie?
Speaker 3: That was great?
Speaker 7: Well, we're in a hotel, no cell phones, no even video games at the time, so we hung out and Tacoma, Washington for that period of time. I was actually really again ended up getting really close with Heath, especially after but even during.
Speaker 3: The time, we would go in his Volvo or know us that other car it's.
Speaker 7: Kind of like a Volvo Sobs has a Sob Sab.
Speaker 3: We'd drive there was a five mile drive and we would go up the hill and.
Speaker 7: Not exactly MAUI wowie, but you know what I mean, something something like that up there and then yeah, Larissa.
Speaker 3: Just everybody got along really well.
Speaker 7: It's just one of those iconic experiences in life to be taken out of your life, being thrown together with these amazing creative people make a film and a film that now everybody really considers as a classic, and I quite frankly think it is, and I think LUSA has mentioned it too.
Speaker 3: Like seeing it.
Speaker 7: Again, it's like, wow, that was that whole thing really worked, and it's timeless. There's just nothing particular about it that stands out that it's dated.
Speaker 3: So if you haven't seen it, go see ten Things watch it again.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it, never seen it. You haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I auditioned for it.
Speaker 3: I auditioned for it.
Speaker 1: I remember auditioning for it.
Speaker 3: A bunch of times, actually, like, I don't we have to watch it?
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's Shakespeare, isn't it. Isn't it based on Yeah the Shoe, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Taming of the Shoe? Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean, and you know, we're.
Speaker 7: What seventeen eighteen years old, so it's like this. You know, some kids go to college and considering a career as an actor. To be able to go and share this, you know, even if it's only for a couple of months, it's kind of like was my college basically, right, right.
Speaker 2: That's cool, so amazing. We're so lucky that we have because we all know what that feels like, and it is. It's such a it's it's basically extended summer camp. Yeah, you know, where you get to work and you're getting paid and you're bonding with people and you're sharing these things with them that like truly a handful of people, two handfuls of people really know what that kind of.
Speaker 1: And also when you're like your whole life can change in that experience. You know, Like now I think about like being in your like twenties or thirties and being an actor.
Speaker 3: It's like you can just go and do a job.
Speaker 1: But like when you're a teenager you go away for a summer to do a job, you know that those that can change your life forever.
Speaker 5: And then but then when you're done, you can also watch it like you have.
Speaker 6: You can go back and look at it whenever you want to, in those memories and hope running back every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah maybe it's not, yeah right, but it's so amazing.
Speaker 7: You guys all have this experience too, Like when you're working, you're not at school, so you're not developing. What was that like, because you know, it's like very It was very difficult for me to have any relationships at school because I'm not there.
Speaker 3: But what about you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, I went back. I went back to my regular school all the time. You probably remember that. That's why I was, you know, in Calabasas all the time. When I wasn't in an episode, I was at regular school. And so still to this day. The funny thing is outside of these you know handful of people that, of course I have known for my entire life. The majority of like my girlfriends are the girls I went to junior high in high school with my best friends, are you know Jamie Jen Jamie like all those girls I went to school with, but I also was from here. I was local, like Writer was just from up north. But he had to go home just on the weekends, and all of his best friends are still the people he knew I grew up with that he grew up.
Speaker 3: I had to go home.
Speaker 1: I had to like make a huge effort, you know, And that was at the expense of a lot of my daily happiness in LA you know, like right when we talk about like how miserable I was, Like part of that was, like I didn't think of like boy Meets World or or any of the stuff we were doing in La as my real life. Like that was all like my job and my distraction from my real life. My real life, my girlfriends, my friends, they were all up in northern California, which you know wasn't wasn't It didn't great very well, Like in retrospect, if I hadn't had such an intense duality, like I didn't need it to be so binary, like you know, in retrospect, I could have probably integrated a little bit better.
Speaker 2: But and he probably could have formed friendships with people down here, and like looked at that as being like yeah, I'm gonna have two great sets of friends, my LA friends and my up North friends. And Will truly did it right in the sense that Will had to move across the country and life really like started for him when he got here.
Speaker 3: And wait, how old were you then when you started? Will?
Speaker 5: I was ten, I started, I started back at started boy sorry, oh boy, me thrilled.
Speaker 6: I was sixteen, like two weeks or three weeks away from my seventeenth birthday when I started.
Speaker 3: I always felt like, you know, I was like, Will is older. Yeah, so well, so how old are you now?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 5: I'm forty seven?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're wow, you're a little bit. But like at the time, it was like it like a little oh yeah, you're the biggest kid.
Speaker 5: You're the biggest oldie the kid. Yeah, And that's that's always the way it was.
Speaker 6: It was that's the way, and it was it was weird because I was just talking about this with Jeff Sherman the other day. I was too old to hang out with Rider Ben and Danielle and too young to hang out with Rusty and Betsy and everybody. So I was kind of in the middle there everybody. I got along with everybody but they like, I kind of had to create my own friend group because at the time, seventeen and thirteen is your I mean, you might as well be two different species.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: So you know, the idea that I'd be hanging out with Writer or Danielle at the time was pretty strange. Writer and I didn't really start hanging out until later in the show, and Danielle and I started hanging out on like Tuesday, So yeah, very different.
Speaker 2: Andrew, I want to thank you so much for coming here and spending your time with us on your birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, happy birthday, and thank.
Speaker 2: You for going on this trip down memory lane and for being vulnerable and opening up with us about full circle and all of that. I just always such a pleasure to see you again, and we hope you'll join us again.
Speaker 7: Yes, just to button it with, we're all so very fortunate you know, in this in this life and having children. I think I really just want to thank you guys for doing this and allowing us to kind of go down memory lane and join these memories together again.
Speaker 3: And hopefully we'll see you guys soon.
Speaker 8: Yes, definitely thank you to see you.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right.
Speaker 5: By Guy.
Speaker 2: Oh Man so much fun getting to reminisce with people and so cool. Thank you for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com and we have got merch.
Speaker 5: Don't call her Danny March.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com writer, send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfordell and Ryder Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, TaRaSu Box Which producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at podmetsworldshowat gmail dot com