Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading With Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlet Foo.
Speaker 3: S and P five hundred back to the big caps, we go and man, do I have this right? Because I feel like the split has been all over the place, but we've We're ending with about four hundred and seven names to the upside in the S and P five hundred, KTI just ninety five to the downside. No, you're right, that you right, It wasn't like that before.
Speaker 4: We have really good breadth today, even though you wouldn't necessarily know it by looking at the percent change on the S and P five hundred. But when it comes to the sector change that you had nine of eleven sectors in the green, led by healthcare actually on a points basis, but it was big tech on the downside.
Speaker 5: Well, speak of big tech. We have a smaller big company from the tech spas reporting Texas Instruments coming out with second quarter EPs of a dollar forty one, beating the consensussessimate of a dollar thirty five. Revenue for the quarter was four point four to five billion dollars, also higher than anticipated, which was four point three six billion. As for the outlook, it sees revenue for this quarter between four point four to five billion to four point eight zero billion. Analysts, we're looking for four point five seven billion, so the midpoint of that range handily beating the consensus estimate. Third quarter EPs will be anywhere from a dollar thirty six to a dollar sixty analysts, we're looking for a dollar fifty and second quarter capex, now I'm going backwards here was one point three one billion dollars more than expected. Analysts. We're looking for one point one seven billion, and you could see right now the stock team down about seven percent in after our trading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no commentary from executives in the press release, going to have to wait to get that from the earnings call, but Worth reiterating that revenue increase nine percent sequentially was led by continued brand recovery in industrial sixteen percent from the same quarter a year ago. The company also is saying that over the past twelve months, they've invested three point nine billion dollars in R and D and SGNA and invested four point nine billion dollars in capex and returned to six point seven billion dollars to owners.
Speaker 3: All Right, so just a reminder here, folks, you are seeing a lot of selling and Texas Instruments in the aftermarket down about a percent. There was some concern and nervousness heading into this report because they felt like the outlook, a lack of visibility and any obvious growth catalyst might put some pressure on this name. But it's the street not liking it, and you got to keep in mind the stock it's up about fifteen percent year to date, but definitely some disappointment here in the aftermarket, Katie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that outperformance might be a reason why you're seeing this after hours reaction right now, which looks pretty dramatic, Like you said, down eight percent. Now, of course, their third quarter outlook didn't include changes to US tax legislation, so maybe that explains some of the negativity here. But we've been talking all program about how a lot of these companies the bar is really high, at least when it comes to sentiment, and these misses, if there's anything to pick at, are getting punished.
Speaker 3: Carol, Yeah, and I would say I just want to throw one more thing in, and maybe the disappointment has to do with the third quarter outlook. Right, it's seeing third quarter EPs of of dollar thirty six to one sixty. The estimate is one fifty. It sees third quarter revenue from four point four to five billion to four point eight billion. The estimate is four point five seven billion. So there's a bit of a range and definitely some room for disappointment. So maybe that has to do with some of the selling that we're seeing here in the aftermarket. We'll keep a watch on right now, Shares of Texas Instruments still down about seven percent. Hey, just a quick summary of some of the stocks that were on the move in the regular session. We talked about home builders outperformance there. Here's the reasons why d R Horton was up about sixteen percent here at the close today, at top gainer in the SNP. The third quarter earnings beat expectations, profit orders and home closings beating analyst estimates. Go to Polti Group also out with their results. That stock was up twelve percent at the close, again a top gainer in the SMP. They reported better than expected earnings, so that was a big one, and we got some more earnings crossing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking at Intuitive Surgical, pulling it up on the Bloomberg terminal, seeing shares in the after hours, not necessarily on the move in termitie of Surgical. Second quarter revenue coming in at two point four to four billion dollars. Estimates were for two point three five at billion. Second quarter adjusted earnings per share coming in a way above estimates at two point two billion dollars. The estimate was for one dollar and ninety three cent shares now on the move higher by five point seven percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, starting to see some reaction there after a second quarter adjusted EPs beat its estimates. And this is a name that needed some good news to him. You consider the fact that Intuitive Surgical shares were down about two percent heading into today's close, and these numbers.
Speaker 5: All right, we have most of the big banks done reporting, but we have a financial company that has just reported in that is Capital One. Let's give you the second quarter just EPs number five dollars forty eight cents far away beating the consensu assessment of three dollars eighty eight cents. So maybe we're not comparing like with like. Let's look at the net revenue line twelve point four to nine billion dollars, also higher than the expected eleven point eight four billion dollars. A net interest margin for the period was seven point six two percent, better than the seven point four to three percent. As for loans held for investment, that came out to about four hundred and thirty nine point three billion ounce. We're looking for about three hundred and ninety seven billion and one comment from Capito one the integration of Discover is going well, so we're looking for more commentary, of course on that. Second quarter provision for credit losses was about eleven point four to three billion dollars. The consensus assessment, if this is the right comparison, is three point eight eight billion. That seems a little bit off, but we'll dig into that a little bit more. The stock is now lower and after hours trading.
Speaker 3: All right, here's one that is definitely rally in the aftermarket, although it's having a pretty miserable twenty twenty five. We're talking about in Phase Energy. It's up almost six percent here in the aftermarket. Keep in mind it's off about thirty seven percent year to date, the Solar Energy Company. And let's go through some of the numbers second quarter, just atdps, that's a beat six cents better than what the street was expecting, sixty nine versus the estimate of sixty three. Second quarter revenue that came in better than forecasts three hundred and sixty three point two million. The estimate was three hundred and fifty nine point three. And then this is what matters. Perhaps the third quarter revenue outlook three hundred thirty million to three hundred and seventy million, that's quade a app The estimate is for three hundred and seventy one point nine million. But again, this stock Katie is up about eight percent in the aftermarket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wild. Well, you mentioned that it's having a miserable twenty twenty five, so just put some context to that. Shares down about thirty eight percent on a total return basis into the close. We know that in Phase and some of the other clean energy, some of the other solar names have been really whipsawed by policy coming out of the White House. So I guess the fact that they were able to report good news on any level. You can see the shares really taking off after hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, whipsawng. I'm watching shares of Intuitive Surgical. At first they did move higher, now they're down four and a half percent. In the after hours, the company did say, remember this is the company that has the Da Vinci surgical robot. It's the high precision robot that does surgery on many different parts of the human body. They did say that procedures grew at approximately seventeen percent in the second quarter of twenty twenty four, and now they grew their Da Vinci Surgical system installed based to ten thousand, four hundred and eighty eight systems as of the end of the quarter in June twenty twenty five. That's an increase of fourteen percent compared to June thirtieth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: And just real quickly, analog devices and on semi both down in sympathy. I guess with Texas Instruments who we're seeing some impact on some of the other chip names.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple CarPlay. And Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.