Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. Hey, I'm rich This is Coast to Coast Tanya Carol Richardson is our guest tonight. She is a professional intuitive who's given readings to literally thousands of clients all over the world.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: She's the author of nine nonfiction books, including Empathetic Heart or is It mpath Heart? My Apologies, Angel, Intuition, Are You in Earth? Angel? And Self Care for m Past. Tanya has an annual calendar, a Year of Self Love and a two Oracle dex Awakening, Intuitioned and Grief, Grace and Healing. She here's our guest tonight. We're going to talk about, you know, soulmates, twin Flames, past lives. Tanya, Welcome to Coast to Coast AM.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you, Hi, Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: This is pretty exciting. We were kind of talking, me and the crew at Coast to Coast and they were talking about the things that we want to get into, and I said, I really don't understand twin Flames and I want to know more about I feel like I hear about it a lot. Actually, the last time I've heard about it, Tanya, was when I was watching that Netflix show Escaping Twin Flames? Did you watch that show?
Speaker 3: The BiH that show, But I'll check it out after our show.
Speaker 2: It's it's not a positive thing. It's basically a couple that ran a scam on people by charging them to help them find twin flames. And part of the part of the scam was like they would say, well, this is your twin flame. You you've paid us for it. You pretty much got to marry them. Are like, well, I really don't feel connected to them. They're like, no, no, that's your twin flame. You got to marry them. But we'll get into that in a second. I am curious to know, since we haven't met before, tell me how you discovered your your EmPATH ness or your intuitiveness, bring bring us, bring us all into that. How did you discover that about yourself?
Speaker 3: Oh? Thanks, that's a great question. I always teach about the four Claires. I talk about intuition and psychic ability, So just for people who aren't as familiar with it, the four's or main psychic pathways are clear. Audience. That's where you hear a gentle voice in your mind giving you intuitive guidance. Clairvoyance is where you see images in your mind giving you intuitive guidance. Clare cognizance is the mental in psychic pathway where you have epiphanies, breakthrough thoughts, downloads that give you intuitive guidance. And then Clsentience is possibly the most common psychic pathway to have open, although you can have all of them open or a couple. Clare Sentience is the feeling psychic pathways. So all impaths and sensitive people are very strong and clear sentience, and that's where you feel energies and emotions of other people, of spaces, of groups. You can feel and sense them, but you feel them internally as if they are your own energy and emotions. So I have all the four players psychic pathways open. And that's really how I got into this work, is that I, you know, I had psychic phenomenon and intuitive stuff happened when I was a child, and then as I got older, kind of one by one, these pathways started to open up for me.
Speaker 2: In your experience, does everybody have one of the players or some of the Clayers?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would say definitely that everyone has at least one of the players. And the interesting thing about intuition, and this is really inspiring, it's not a static thing. So if you're listening to this and thinking, oh, you know, maybe I have one of those players open, but I think that's probably all for me. It's very likely that you at least have two that you have the capacity to open up. And our intuition really can blossom and improve and grow and strengthen over time, So it's not static. So the more that you learn about intuition, the more you practice it and play with it, you might surprise yourself and have different psychic pathways open up for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we get into the soulmate thing, let me back up to what you just said. So it sounds like what you're saying is you should listen to that intuition because it's probably guiding you somewhere that you should go. Am I hearing that.
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely. And your intuition is it's a GPS system that we all have. Everyone has an intuition and it really is there to guide you, just like a GPS and a car, and it's hardwired to you and it really course corrects just like the GPS and a car. So if you make one choice and then you think, oh, my intuition wasn't really guiding me here. I wish I could go back and do that again. Just like a GPS and a car, it will keep course correcting with every choice and turn and bend in the road. I remember, you do have free will, so you know sometimes in certain situations there are a couple of choices that might be positive for you or.
Speaker 2: Work as a farmer, Like anxiety person, tell me the difference between your intuition and maybe your paranoia leading the thought pattern or the feeling being like, oh man, that's bad news. That's bad news. But what if it's just in your head? How do you know the difference.
Speaker 3: That's an excellent question. I think that most people in this modern age suffer from some degree of anxiety or experience that often on at different times, and intense emotional experiences like anxiety can kind of block or freeze or shut down your intuition, not stop it or take it away, but it'll be really difficult for you to discern or hear or see what your intuition is showing you if you're in a state of you know, really high anxiety and panic, which can happen to people, and especially now in this modern age where we're all kind of chronically overstimulated at times. So the one thing that's really helpful when you're trying to discern is this my panic? Is this my paranoia? Or is this genuine intuitive hit or download that I'm getting. Your intuitions will come to you in a way that's very neutral, you know, so there won't usually be any kind of emotional charge to it. So often if you're say you have clear audience, that that psychic pathway open where you hear the gentle voice in your mind, the voice will always sound calm, you know, so again you're it's just a way to illustrate how the intuition it always comes in is a very neutral way. It's not emotionally charged. It doesn't feel tense or anxious. Now, sometimes you will really get an intuitive hit that has a bit of urgency behind it. That usually happens to say, you're trying to buy a house, or you want to buy a house, and you're getting synchronicities external intuitive hits. That's where you get signs outside of you, but your own internal intuition is saying, oh that thing that someone said that I overheard the grocery line or that movie that I was watching and that one line stuck out to me. You know, I think that was a synchronicity. These are all kind of urging me to buy a house. You might feel suddenly, you know, kind of a physical emotional sensation of I really need to do this now, I need to move on this. So you know, it won't necessarily feel like anxiety or panic, but it could feel like this strong nudge or gut instinct like, yeah, you know, now is the right time to try and buy a house, try and get a new job, go on that trip. So it won't quite feel like anxiety, but you can't have that kind of sense of urgency with things.
Speaker 2: So do you have an app or something? I thought I was seeing something about a calendar that people can follow. What is in that calendar when we get that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, thanks for asking. It's a calendar that I've put out with Workmen Publishing. It's a New York City publisher that's now owned by Hashet. It's a really lovely calendar. It's a page a day calendar, so you get to know the fun of tearing off a different page every day. That is a self love calendar. So every day you get a self love message that I've written and then an action step of how to use it in your life, and you just it's really pretty. It's got lovely little illustrations and you pull those off every day. So I do have books oracle decks in the calendar about a couple of different subjects. So, as you said, I'm a professional intuitive. I give one on one readings to people. But I'm also a writer and I love to write about lots of different things, intuition, sensitivity, self love, and mindfulness.
Speaker 2: I want to get into as much of it as we can because I also feel like my intuition tells me that you have the heart of a teacher too, So as a novice to this, I want to learn the difference between a soulmate and a twin flame. In fact, let me give you a little background. I was talking to my beautiful bride, Stacy. We just got married about a year ago, and we were talking about thank you so much. It seems like it took a long time for us to find each other, but in our lives we had lived in the same cities, even the same neighborhoods, and never really found each other until, you know, maybe ten years ago. So we always talk about, like, did you go to this restaurant in Dallas? Yes, I went to that restaurant. We were in the same places all the time, but didn't meet. And she was saying as we were talking tonight, when I was talking about having you as a guest, she said, I don't know that I believe in the soulmate thing, but I'm super interested just because of our story is so unique and it almost seemed like it would be impossible for us to ever find each other. But it also seems like how impossible it seemed that we didn't find each other sooner. So take me into a relationship of what a soulmate is and what a twin flame is.
Speaker 3: And I really just wanted to comment on that relationship you just shared. Rich That story that you shared, I thought was so wonderful when you were sharing that you and your wife, you know, had kind of been living these parallel lives where you were in similar places and in the same city, but hadn't met. It made me immediately wonder if it was a divine timing issue. So there might have been some divine timing of why you didn't connect until you did eventually connect. And also, I think the interesting thing that I would like to share that I have learned of after doing thousands of readings, as you said, with people all over the world, that's a heck of a teaching experience. As far as learning a lot, it's been really fascinating to me how much of our lives can be kind of divinely orchestrated, for lack of a better term, it right, And I think sometimes it can feel a little mind blowing, you know, as your wife said, it seems it seems implausible that so many people would have angels or guardians or spirit or soul contracts, these benevolent forces that are weaving us all together and are pairing us up and having certain experiences happen. At certain times, it feels like it's incredibly orchestrated, and I think it's hard for us to wrap our minds around that. But I think after doing so many readings that's actually true. So I do think that things are way more orchestrated than you know, even down to minutia. We then we would probably guess.
Speaker 2: At the time those that connect, right, those that connect mean way more than maybe you pay attention to right.
Speaker 3: Like synchronicities, having against overhearing a conversation, having a friend text you at just the right moment, saying just the right thing, having someone recommend a book on something that you were just wanting to learn more about. All of you know, seeing an animal on someone's T shirt that is your special animal message or and a symbol for you of something, having a number pop up on a house, you know, your favorite number, this kind of stuff. It feels a bit wild that it could be so orchestrated, but I think it is. At the same time, I always like to really remind people that in my belief system there's a huge amount of free will that we have with our lives. So I think it's you know, I think so many so much of spirituality are these two truths that feel contradictory, but they're both valid. So while so much is orchestrated, I think and so much might be planned out or might be, you know, there's some conductor helping facilitate all of this. I think there is also a huge amount of free will and choices and even random stuff that happens, you know, when you have so many people living in the world, all, having a human free will, you're going to have a lot of stuff changing on the fly and a lot of things happening very organically. So I think both things are true. Things can be incredibly orchestrated down to minutia, and there's so many things that you can't quite predict or guess because things really are organic and changing on the fly.
Speaker 2: Okay, So before we have to go to break, let's see if we can get the difference between a soulmate and a twin flame. And then when we come back, I'm guessing you have a way for us to set ourselves up for the success to find the one that's right for you. Right, you have probably a practice or an exercise or a way to open yourself up to that. So let us let us find out what is a soulmate in what is a twin flame? What's the difference?
Speaker 3: Well, a soulmate is just simply someone that you have an agreement with that you have a strong spiritual connection to your earthly kind of practical connection to them, and it's something that you can feel, it's something that you might get synchronicities around to reinforce, and it really can just be a deep knowing that this person is in your life for a reason, for a reason that isn't just obvious. It could be someone who's a coworker. It could be a romantic interest, it could be a pet, it could be a family member. Some family members you might feel a strong, much stronger soul connection to than others. As far as the twin flame, that's a really interesting concept, and it goes all the way back to Plato. Actually, this idea that a soul can be split into kind of two bodies or two beings having the same soul. And then the twin flame theory or how it has evolved in modern times is that you are looking for that person who feels like your other half. Often the theory goes it's a theory because these things are all just theories that you know, it could kind of be a yin yang thing. So they could complete you in the sense that I'm really a pessimist and they're really an optimist, and somehow, you know, we're catching each other's blindside or we're complimenting each other. But according to the theory, there's a strong sense of being very understood by that person having similarities in your background, and again it's the sense of a completion or feeling more completed or whole when you have that person in your life. So, you know, I think that that, again, I would say, is a theory and I have heard of unfortunately, you know people, whether it was that one particular organization or others. You know, people can you know, take advantage of this kind of stuff or take advantage of people, And maybe sometimes they're doing it without even realizing it.
Speaker 2: Maybe they Oh, you're talking about the you're talking about the Netflix show. Yeah, that's a whole other thing. That's a scary documentary, right, Yea.
Speaker 3: The reason I was bringing it up, Rich is just because I think we can all fall prey to lack of a better word, of getting too kind of obsessed with these concepts good.
Speaker 2: I wanted to kind of cover that because I think that you get that romantic or you can be like, well, there's some there's somebody out there for me, and if they're my soulmate, of they're my twin flame, then no matter what happens, we ride or die. But I'm sure that you can be attracted to people, maybe even from a past life or something like that that could be just like straight up poison for you, right, so we should probably cover all that too, And then before we go to break, give me a quick definition of a twin flame.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we just did rich. You know, it's that sense. And again, this is a theory and it's not one that I that I really subscribe to or talk about a lot, because I think it is just a theory, and it's not that it's a bad theory. Some people love this idea, but I think there is kind of a shadow or difficult side to it. It sometimes sounds a little bit like codependency or you can't be completed without this one person. And I do fear that it sometimes sets people up to feel like there is only one person for them. And I really like to remind people that soulmates is a big plural, even in the romantic sense. So I like to think that many as many chances as you want to take in life and put yourself out there, the universe will meet you. So I don't like to think that there's just one person for everyone. And then I do worry sometimes that when you get too into any kind of soulmate concept, you can get so idealistic about it that you might think, well, this person just doesn't fit that, so they can't be the one, and you could miss out on someone that could be a lovely partner.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more