Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all State Savings. Ferry terms apply all State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in what should be a very interesting What's Right with Nick Wright? Episode one six. Now, I promised last week that today, after the opening block, we would spend the majority of the rest of the show discussing answering listener questions and viewer questions live in our YouTube chat as a thank you for the audience getting us to one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube. Okay, so I one of the reasons I wanted to do it today was because I foolishly thought that there wasn't gonna be a ton of news. It's like it's pre trade deadline. Lebron won't have the record yet, the super Bowl stuff won't really get to a fevered pitch until later in the week. So what felt like the right day to do it? And Friday afternoon Kyrie demands a trade, and Sunday afternoon, Kyrie gets traded, So that obviously is going to be the majority of our first segment of the show. We will then get to your listener and viewer questions and comments. I will jump into the YouTube chat myself after the opening block, and we're gonna try to work this on the fly. But first we must start with what we missed. Here's what we missed on today's show. Lebron is thirty six points away from the record. He could break it tomorrow night. If not, he will certainly break it on Thursday. Tom Brady's retirement sand auctioned off. I don't buy that for one second. I understand people like, oh, someone bid half a million dollars until that check clears that nobody is paying for that. Sand and Kyle Kuzma had a very interesting fit. Kuzma listen, takes a lot of chances with his fashion. He's very confident in it. This to me was a miss. But I like kus, but I think this was a miss. Okay, reminder again, you can start with your questions and comments already in the chat and I will get to them in the second segment. But Demons, I assume we have to start with Kyrie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we were just talking about how Kyrie was on good behavior on Thursday show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he demanded a trade the very next day. Yeah. So now he's headed to Dallas.
Speaker 5: The team up with Cherslovenian son Lucas probably n ended up being a two pac type of guy.
Speaker 4: Deal with Kyrie Irving. Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Kyrie is more bound to hurt Dallas than to help correct long.
Speaker 2: Term, yes, short term, maybe not long term. I think that this is the first, maybe not the first, maybe screwing up the jail and Brunson extension. The first domino, honestly in Luca ultimately leaving Dallas, which I think is going to happen.
Speaker 4: I hope, you hope.
Speaker 2: I just think that he deserves better, better, better team MASc think.
Speaker 4: He should leave and drive.
Speaker 2: Well, he's got three years after this one left on his deal, so he's not going to do it immediately, but he could do it eventually. So the first domino in the Luca MAVs tenure not being as great as it should be given how brilliant he is, was probably the Kris STAPs Porzingis trade traded assets for a guy who was not the right coastar. The second domino was not giving Jalen Brunson four years fifty five million, which he would have taken, and then not wanting to give him the max last summer, so he then walks. The most important domino is now this one where they handicap their future flexibility. They trade away a few you pick, they lose an excellent three and d Piece and Dorian Finney Smith maybe their best perimeter defender, and they do it for the most unreliable star in the league, one of the most unreliable stars in league history, Kyrie Earth. Now with that set in the very short term, it absolutely could work. The defense is not going to be good, but the offense will be unstoppable and most importantly, the offense which goes to die. This team is zero to seven when Luca doesn't play, and they are one of the league league's worst offenses when Luke is on the bench. Now this team offensively can survive when Luca rests. Also, Luca won't be as war and out at the end of games, so that's critical come the postseason. Here's what we know about Kyrie. He's not scared. Now. I don't consider him a legendary postseason performer. I consider him a guy who had a legendary postseason stretch in twenty sixteen, culminating in one of the biggest shots in league history. But it is worth noting that he left Lebron James in the summer of twenty seventeen. Okay, we've had the eighteen nineteen, twenty twenty one twenty two, and this is now the twenty three season. Six years since then, Kyrie does not have a single significant postseason moment since then. In twenty eighteen, he missed the playoffs with the Celtics. The Celtics were there, he wasn't. He was hurt, and then he didn't show up to Game seven at the Boston Garden to even sit on the bench because he's had nasal surgery. Twenty nineteen, he flames out in epic fashion, demanding to Guardianis and playing. He demanded to Guardianis and they lost four consecutive games to the Bucks. Twenty twenty, he was hurt and not really interested in playing in the playoffs for the Nets in the bubble because Durant wasn't there. Twenty twenty one, they look unbelievable in the first round against Boston with Harden and Durant. Then Harden gets hurt in Game one of that series. Kyrie gets hurt in Game four of that series. They lose an epic Game seven. Last year, he was awful and they got swept yep And now we're to this year. So it's been a very long time since Kyrie Irving had an impactful playoff moment. With that said, if he's available, he's still obviously dangerous. His availability is a huge question, and the long term sustainability of this is essentially impossible. We know that with this player. Now are the MAVs. Here's the deal. The MAVs whoever traded for Kyrie he wanted out of Brooklyn in part because they would not in part but because they wouldn't give him the fully guaranteed contract all right, The MAVs, whoever traded for him, can only give him a two year extension right now. Now. The MAVs, I'm sure, would love to just sign Kyrie to a two year max extension eighty some million bucks. That is not what Kyrie wants. So Kyrie is going to hit free agency this summer. What will he do? Where will he go? You would think the MAVs, because they're trading, they traded all this for him, are willing to get in the Kyrie irving business long term. That has never worked out for anyone. If they're not willing to sign him long term, then they just mortgaged a hell of a piece in Dorian Finney Smith. I don't care so much about Dinwiddie and a future. First, for a few months of Kyrie irving. Now, if you win the title, it's worth it. But my guess is, even if they win the title, this could still result in Lucas souring on the team long term. You win a title now doesn't mean Lucas in three years going to like the direction of the franchise, and this long term wise will absolutely hurt the direction of the franchise. Every team that's gotten into the Kyrie Irving business has ended up regretting every team he has randomly and shockingly turned. He turned on Lebron and the Calves, he turned on the Celtics, and he turned on the Nets multiple times. Go ahead, it seems like it.
Speaker 5: Seems to be something a little different though, like from Kyrie going to the MAVs to the Nets and from the Calves, what do you mean Celtics? Actually, yeah, it's just I don't know, Like I feel like he just can't keep doing this.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: It's got to come to a stop.
Speaker 2: So that's where everybody tries to assign logical decision trees to Kyrie. He's a obviously and clearly illogical person. It's not there is he he missed out on over ten million dollars and the majority of a season because he out of nowhere became vaccine hesitant when that wasn't was nowhere in his history. He almost submarined this season because he refused to back down from promoting a movie that I still to this day believe he never even watched. And now and and that was that was sandwiched in between a trade request in the summer that he changed his mind on, and then a new trade request that came three days after talking about how this Nets team can't be compared to last year's next team because he's here now and he wasn't then, and then he demanded a trade three days later. The idea that Kyrie all of it is gonna be like, Okay, now I get it. No he won't. But in the West this year, with the Lakers being run by one of the worst gems in sports, with the Warriors and we'll talk about them later, Steph getting hurt again, with the Grizzlies probably being a piece away, and the Pelicans falling apart. Unless you think Denver is this juggernaut. The West is there for the taking. So that's why they did it. See if they can steal a title this year, but long term that's gonna be a heavy, heavy build a peg.
Speaker 5: All right, Listen, does this package seem better than what the Lakers could have.
Speaker 2: Offered if the Nets are trying to win right now? Yes, Dorian Finney Smith adds defense and three point shooting. Dinwiddie gives you sixty five percent of Kyrie's offensive production, and they got to pick. The Lakers were offering you Russ and future picks. The Lakers package is better if you're ready to admit. If they were going to trade Durant as well, then the Lakers package is. But because they are going to try to placate Durant and compete, this is the better trade package.
Speaker 5: Okay, And do you do you think that a he'll at all corrupt Luca? Do you think how do you get that?
Speaker 2: I don't think think that'll happen. I think lucas too strong of a personality basketball wise. We have seen the one time Kyrie is one at any level, it was alongside Lebron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't earlier.
Speaker 2: Well, and Luca's but Luca's game is it's the most similar to Lebron or Lebron of anybody, so we know basketball wise it can work. Now the difference is this Lebron when he was with Kyrie was still in the discussion for the best defender in the league. Luca is not. And now that is going to be a backcourt that teams absolutely can score on in Kyrie and Luca. All right, the next one.
Speaker 5: So we've got the pole question. Yeah, we've got the pole question. Will Kyrie and will the Kyrie Luca paring work?
Speaker 4: Say yes? Fifty? Say no?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, next one?
Speaker 5: All right, So now to my man Kevin Durant, who is stuck on a team that he very clearly wanted to leave earlier in the season. Yep, no respect to didn Witty, but the Nets obviously took a step back after this trade.
Speaker 4: Kadie picked Kyrie as.
Speaker 5: His running mate and now he bailed on him. How embarrassing and sad is is for Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's he's made an all time historic wonder in teaming up with Kyrie.
Speaker 5: But go ahead, he tried to get out like that's the like he did. That's the sad part about it, man.
Speaker 2: He did try to get out, and then Kyrie ended up being the one who got out. And I'm not going to criticize Durant for leaving the Warriors, because we all told him he had to leave the Warriors, but choosing Kyrie as his running mate was a grievous error. Now, let me say something else here. This does give Kevin Durant a golden opportunity for all time legacy stuff. I believe historically Jannis is a better player than Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant now has an opportunity to do something similar that to what we saw Jannis did. Now I understand that he doesn't have a Chris Middleton. I get that, And you can say he doesn't have a Drew, But that next roster is not a bad roster.
Speaker 4: Right, He's got Seth.
Speaker 2: He's got Seth. They might make another move. You have, right, you have Dorian Finney Smith. You have the kid Cam Thomas who just got to play the other night and scored forty four points the game you were at. He You look around the East and does Boston have a better roster, yes? Does Philly have a better roster? Yeah? Does Milwaukee have a better roster? With Middleton the way his health concerned, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, they just got you, honest, No.
Speaker 2: But my point is this, if Durant, when he comes back from this injury, can play like the best player in the league, there is now there are no, in my opinion, juggernauts in the NBA this year. I don't think Boston is a juggernaut. I think they're very good. Philly is not a juggernaut. They're very good. Milwaukee right now is kind of mismatched a bit. They probably have a move that they need to make, and we already talked about the West. I think if Durant can be healthy and dominant with this supporting cast, going on a finals run with these guys is a legacy changer. It's a no doubt. But I am the bus driver, as Barkley would say, I am the man. He's not in a position where the roster is so bereft. We didn't even mention Roy so O'Neil. We didn't. There's a there's I like the watson Abe kid. I like him, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: It we saw in twenty eighteen Lebron carry a Cavs roster that is way worse than this one. Yeah, way worse. To the NBA Finals now they got smoked by Durant and the Warriors, but he got him to the finals. We saw Luca last year carry a roster that it was worse than this one to the Western Conference finals. This is an opportunity for Durant to be the guy.
Speaker 4: It's nice and I.
Speaker 2: Don't mind the pieces they got, and they might have an another move to me. So now will he want to be their long term? Maybe not, and maybe this summer he does get moved. That's absolutely on the board. But for the here and the now, this is a shot at some legacy redemption for Durant because there will be no question who the man is, no question who the leader is, no question who the offense has to run through at the end of games, and we can see how far he can carry it. Because here's what I'm telling you right now this moment. If the Nets had the exact roster that they have, but instead of Kevin Durant as the league guy, it was Giannis, no one would be writing them all, nobody right now this moment. If the Nets have the exact roster that they have, but in that of Kevin Durant as the league guy, it was Luca, no one would be writing them all. I don't know if right now this moment the Nets had this roster with that many shooters and that many switchable wings, if the league guy was Lebron James, people would be writing them all. It's actually kind of a perfect roster for Bron. Yeah, so Durant is supposed to be, some argue, the best player in the league. So and now you don't have to worry about any of the off court nonsense with Kyrie, got a decent coach, You just go play. Jacques Vaughn's done a good job. So I'm excited to go see it.
Speaker 5: Uh, go ahead, not random, but yeah, where does the where does Harden, Kyrie and Durant Nant's Nets rank ranking?
Speaker 4: Failed super team?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh, I think it's one of the biggest disasters in LEAG.
Speaker 4: I think it's the biggest as far as well.
Speaker 2: So you don't remember Kobe and Pow got Steve Nash and Dwight Howard one summer and people thought that was going to be an all time team. Everyone then ended up getting banged up. They lost I think in round one. Also, you probably don't remember, and well, I mean you were five, but the Lakers won three straight titles with Kobe and Shack. They then got beat by the Spurs when they're going for their fourth title. And the next year they added Garry Peyton and Karl Malone, both much older, and that team made it all the way to the finals actually, but then Malone the Pistons, the four Pistons ended up crushing them in the finals, I think four games to one. There have been, you know, a few of these where it's like, wait, this should be great. I mean right now, the I mean the Clippers with Kawhi and Paul George is a face old super team, but didn't have three guys right. The thing is is Harden was there so briefly. It's just a disaster. That Katie and Kyrie played eighty seven games too.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been less than that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it was exactly eighty seven playoffs combined. Was a regular season combined. I maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure. I talked about this on Freday. Not Katie Kyrie and Hart and Katie Kyrie. I think it's eighty seven games together. They won one playoff series together one. It's unbelievable. They won seven total playoff games together. It's a disaster, total disaster.
Speaker 5: Next all right, So the trade deadline is on Thursday, so we'll see plenty more action. Obviously, there's a bound to be a lot of action with thirteen teams in both conferences still very alive for the postseason. Yeah, the Kyrie trade showed even Chris Paul's available in the next few days. Now that Kyrie is gone, who was Lebron trading for to help him lose in the second round?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, I don't I don't know if they're losing the second round or not. I also don't know if Plinka is going to make a move. There is a sneaky Bradley Beal move potentially available because Bill is on such a horrific contract.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you say that Pelinka didn't try to make a move. You don't think he tried to make a move towards Carrie.
Speaker 2: No, I think he did. It wasn't enough. But my point is the the Lakers should have made a move off for us before the year, and they didn't because they were hoping Kyrie might come available. He did, and you didn't get him, So the whole reason didn't make a good offer, right, And I by the way. I don't know if the Nets were actually going to trade him to the Lakers, because yeah.
Speaker 4: They're so SI didn't want him to go, right.
Speaker 2: But that's Plinka's job to know those things and to offer extra Well, Listen, I don't know that you would want. Reportedly they wanted Russ, Christie's Reeves and all the picks. You don't have depth already, so I understand that. My point is that you're not getting yeah, and then something else exactly, And so he's got a few days to do it. Bradley Beal just signed Demons, a five year, two hundred and fifty million dollars deal for a Bad Wizard's team. It started this year. The only way for them to reboot the way they need to is to move off that. So Russ and a couple picks for Bradley Beal be a game changer for the Lakers. Zach Levine is a possibility for the Lakers. A bunch of role players from the Jazz are a possibility for the Lakers. There are moves to make, and I believe it is incumbent upon the Lakers to make one, even if it you don't if you were willing to give a up both of those picks for Kyrie and his unreliability, then you've got to be willing to give up those picks for another guy that gives you a third legitimate scoring for you. Just have to do it. The team does not have enough shooting, It does not have enough depth right now, with your best player being thirty eight years old and your second best player being one of the most injury prone guys in the league.
Speaker 5: All right, next, al right, your boy pat Pastor Mahomes is a game away from entering a truly elite roof of quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Only twelve quarterbacks have won multiple Super Bowls in their career.
Speaker 5: However, with the loss, the narrative may spin against him if he plans to make a run on be in the goat one day. Is Mahomes at risk of digging himself into deep of hole with a loss in the Super Bowl this year?
Speaker 2: It would be very, very difficult. And it's not so much because he would have lost the Super Bowl and be like, oh, now he's lost too. These idiots that think it'd be better to lose earlier in the playoffs than later in the playoffs sense to me like his legacy would be better if he had just lost to the Bengals like he did last year, Like it's dumb. But here's where I think it's critical that they win this year. Legacy wise, Andy Reid and Travis Kelcey are not going to be around for him. Kelsey is the best tight endeavor and he's old. He's older than grind retired twice already. Andy Reid is I think the second or third oldest coach in the NFL. Now, he'll coach for a long time, but Kelsey playing at this level is not guaranteed for you know, more than another year or so. And you've got to have multiple rings. With Mahomes and Kelsey together, the most talented quarterback, the best tight endeavor, those two guys together, you need multiple rings. We'll talk a lot more about the Super Bowl on Thursday show when I'm down there, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mahomes, if they win Sunday, he has the greatest opening five years of any NFL player ever.
Speaker 2: I understand Brady in his first five years, Starter won three super Bowls, but the other two years one year he missed the playoffs, the other year he went out in Round two and he won zero league MVPs. Obviously, Mahomes' first five years, wins two MVPs, wins two super Bowls, goes to a third, and makes the only years he didn't go to the Super Bowl, he lost in overtime of the conference championship game. It's a pretty unimpeachable record. Also, if Patrick Mahomes wins this Super Bowl, the complete list of quarterbacks in NFL history with multiple league MVPs and multiple Super Bowls Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Mahomes. That's it. If Mahomes wins this Super Bowl, wins Super Bowl MVP, the complete list of quarterbacks with multiple league MVPs and multiple Super Bowl MVP will be Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Patrick Mahomes. That's the list. So he already, in my opinion, is one of the five greatest quarterbacks ever. He will have an argument that he is top three if he wins the Super Bowl, and I think he will talk more about that on the Gambling show that comes out tomorrow. All Right, we're gonna jump in do a little on staph and then I will jump into your guys comments. I'm gonna try to do this with you guys live on YouTube. We'll do that next. What's right.
Speaker 7: When it comes to towing, seeing is believing. That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet. Together, let's drive. Learn more about Chevy Truck's at Chevy dot com Safety. Your driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in the safe manner with the vehicle owners mangle for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right Episode one six. Let's quickly get to Steph Curry and then his promise. We're gonna spend the rest of the show answering your guys listener questions. I have the chat open, so I'm gonna be uh, I'm gonna be going through it here shortly, but demonte go ahead with the Steph Curry topic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Steph got banged up the other night. I forgot he bumped knees with some other guy. I forget his name, but yeah, so he's gonna miss multiple weeks with this knee injury. The Warriors is only a game above five hundred at the moment, yep, is there season over?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think they're cooked. They weren't that good with Steph, right facts, and this is a team that is seven and twenty on the road. This is a team whose young players have not improved. This is a team that had one guy punch another guy in the face and it seemed to really hurt the vibes for the year. And now we have less than thirty games remaining, and I just don't see a path forward for them. I understand they be the MAVs the other night, but Luca was out injured, go ahead to Moseley.
Speaker 5: I think it'd be good for them though, like Steph being hurt, I feel like forces the younger players to find some type of rhythm and like it might mean that the rest of this season.
Speaker 4: I guess the question was how they cooked for this season?
Speaker 5: Yeah, which, but I feel like it might be like a little bit of like some building blocks into the next season.
Speaker 2: Possibly, Man, I don't know, because the they have a big Draymond Green question after this year. Yeah, I don't think it's realistic to expect Clay to get better. You just hope he can maintain you know, Draymond, we assume is probably gonna opt out after this year and look for big money. Do you want to give him that? And you know, Wiseman's been a total bust for them, unfortunately, and they right now are one game up, one game out of the eleven seed. And if you look right now at the teams that there are three teams not in the playoffs right now that are still alive in the West, Portland, OKC, and the Lakers. Those teams all have twenty five or twenty six wins. The Warriors have twenty seven. You're saying, well, I'm saying that while maybe the Jazz play themselves out of the play in because they're right now the ten seeds. The Pelicans are not going to the Pelicans, assuming Zion comes back, they're going to get it back together. I mean, they've obviously had a terrible stretch, but you know they still they have one more win than Golden State does. If we think the Lakers are going to fight, I find a way into that top ten, and if we think Portland is not going to strip it down at the deadline, We're gonna find out a lot at the deadline as far as who does what there's going to be some team that falls out or teams that fall out. Golden State, to me is primed for them. So I think it is absolutely on the board, absolutely on the board that Golden State misses the playoffs entirely, and that would be a disaster for them as the defending champions. Uh okay, all right, now let's get to the listener comments. I saw one of these when I was scrolling it during the break saying that saying that Tony Gonzalez was a better title than Travis Kelce. That is not a viable opinion. Told, if you want to argue gronk all, listen to it. I disagree with you, but Tony Gonzalez is not a viable option for it is the Kelsey's biggest weaknesses is blocking. He was a better blocker than Tony. Listen. I love Tony. Tony was one of my favorite players ever growing up. He was a chief and Tony was an excellent receiving threat. But Tony Gonzalez had in his career career four seasons of more than a thousand yards in his entire career, Travis Kelsey has had seven seasons in a row of more than a thousand yards. Tony Gonzalez in his career had three double digit touchdown seasons. Travis Kelsey has already had three in the last five years. Tony Gonzalez in his career in the postseason had thirty catches for two hundred and eighty six yards and four touchdowns. Travis Kelcey in his career has one hundred and twenty seven playoff catches, almost fifteen hundred yards and fifteen touchdowns. Travis Kelcey is second all time in playoff catches, touchdowns, and receptions, not amongst tight ends. Amongst all players, Kelsey, Gronk, and Shannon are the three best tight ends ever. And I think Kelsey is without question. I shouldn't say without question, but I think Kelsey is the best.
Speaker 5: UH.
Speaker 2: How to upload in full quality rights? What NBA franchise has the best five year outlook? Listen? If Zion can be healthy, New Orleans is in great shape, they have a billion picks, they have movable contracts, and Zion's a star. The answer to me is not the MAVs now that they've traded for Kyrie. I don't think that's a five year plan. I think they hope it's a five month plan.
Speaker 4: The Rockets, Oh, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Especially if they can get Wimby or Scoop in this year's draft. Also, keep in mind the Rockets have the next future picks, so the next trade KD and have to start over. Those are great assets for them, great assets for them and the Grizzlies. I think they need another piece. But obviously also you know what I mean, they're young and excellent. I'm gonna throw one other team in there. What go ahead? It seems like you.
Speaker 4: Want to say something. No, I was just gonna say something about John Morant, but it's you.
Speaker 2: Know, you're okay, you're worried about his health or you're worried about his demeanor. Yeah, yeah, I think John didn't surround himself with the best people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think it's.
Speaker 2: A little worrisome. The Calves are the other interesting one, especially if in a year Lebron goes back there at age forty to be a like contributor. Because the one they they have the centers, they have power forward, they have the guards. They just don't have a small forward, which Lebron could maybe slide into if they draft Bronnie. I think that's an I think that's on the board. Somebody said, which NFL End of Season award do you think is most likely to not go to the current favorite? Let me see if I can find the end of season awards favorites. I'm not sure that I can find it. Actually, I just see all these Super Bowl props, So right now, I think it's very clear. Mahomes is winning MVP. NICKI Bosa is winning Defensive Player of the Year, and I think Justin Jefferson will win Offensive Player of the Year too. Sauce Gardner's definitely gonna win Defensive Rookie of the Year. Offensive Rookie of the Year, I'm not sure. Could be a lave, could be Garrett Wilson. I wonder if Rock Purty is going to get some love for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Yeah, I don't think it will be Pierced the running back from Houston. Uh. Let me, Nick, what's the worst bet you've ever made? I the Jayhawks, the Kansas Jayhawks Memphis Tigers played in the National Championship Game in eight Memphis was favored by three and a half and I paid minus one forty to bet them laying two and a half and let meet Tigers Jayhawks National Championship box score. Let me read you what happened there, Demanse. And this was a I laid fourteen hundred to win, to win a thousand, which was way more money than I had like that. It was two thousand and eight and I didn't have that type of money. I felt so confident in what was gonna happen. I did that, and here's how that game ended, Demanse. It's unbelievable. Again. I need the Memphis Tigers to win by at least three points. They were three and a half point favorites. I paid a huge viig to get them down to minus two and a half with two minutes and twelve seconds left, Demonse, the score is sixty one to fifty. They're up nine in a college basketball game. Again, it's sixty to fifty one. I think might have said it wrong there. It's sixty to fifty one with two minutes left. Yeah, and then Kansas makes a bucket. Kansas makes a three, and all of a sudden, it's a four point game with a min and a half left. They then both Memphis hits two free throws, Kansas HiT's two free throws. Okay, not good. Kansas fowls Memphis one in one missed, no good. It's a four point game. Kansas goes down and scores. They're down two. Memphis then has the ball. There's thirty seconds left. They miss a shot. Okay, now I'm sick. Kansas then misses a shot. You know what, Hold on, let me get this right. Yeah. Uh, Kansas actually gets called for an offensive foul. Memphis goes to the line, missus two free throws. Kansas gets the ball, does nothing. Memphis gets found up to Derek Rose, misses the first, makes the second. Memphis is up three with ten seconds left, and Mario Chalmers goes down the court and hits a game tying three and Kansas wins by seven in overtime. That was crushing. I think about that bet to this day. All right, let me find another one.
Speaker 4: They lose money to Mario Chalmers.
Speaker 2: I know, Mario unbelievable. Uh do you think Brady Mahomes becomes Jordan Lebron one will have all the other, all the rings, the other will have all the stats. I mean, if Mahomes gets to within two rings of Brady the way Lebron has gotten with Jordan, then people will acknowledge Mahomes the greatest ever. If Malmes gets the five rings in this era with his numbers and his eye test, the real question is if Mahomes finishes with like three, people consider him the goat. Uh Nick, what's the worst take you've ever had? I mean, the one I'm probably most famous for is I said.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about what are you gonna say? Wiggans Warriors take?
Speaker 2: I said that the Warriors were never gonna regret know that they were gonna regret getting Durant. Oh, that they should have just that they it was the best team I'd ever seen, the seventy three win team, and they overreacted to Lebron beating them. They should just run the thing back, and that it wouldn't work with Durant. That was bad.
Speaker 4: That was way worse than the Wigans.
Speaker 2: W All right, let me find another one. Uh Hey, Nick, I know you said the other day that Daniel Jones would have no suitors if you left the Giants. What would you think about Miami possibly getting I think Miami is rolling with tool, But I didn't say you'd have no suitors. Daniel Jones would have plenty of suitors. I just don't think he's good. I don't think it would be money well spent. Uh but I but I Daniel Jones. Quarterbacks are hard to find and teams will trick themselves into it. Uh, let me find another one here.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 5: Marcus Hravino says, is signing this past extension with the Lakers Lebron's biggest career mistake.
Speaker 2: I think it's a huge mistake. I didn't get at the time. I I didn't understand it. I still don't understand it. I it's a baffling move. It's truly baffling move. Yeah, you go ahead.
Speaker 5: There was a fan in there to ask you about, like, what was like your worst take? Do you think that if the Eagles ended up winning the Super Bowl this year, that the way that you talked about them throughout the entire season could end up being like one of your worst take?
Speaker 2: Pretty bad? Yeah, I mean it would not be good for me. But I did that once before. This is the nervous part. I I have some experience with that. Not because I didn't believe in the Bucks Brady's first year there and I thought Brady was cooked and then they played My Chiefs in the Super Bowl and crushed them, so that one wasn't good. Uh, let me find another one. What sports talk show do you think is your top competition?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think if we're talking about shows on the other network, I think NFL Live is really good. I gotta give them credit. They have great chemistry, they have fun, they're smart. Mina is brilliant. I love Marcus Spears and that's a really good show. And it's on during my show, so you know what I mean. That's a bummer. There's a lot of good shows out there, but I think they do a really, really good job. Nick. Why is nobody besides you, obviously, John, about how impressive it is that after trading Tyreek, the Chiefs are back the Super Bowl after crushing a load of AFC. Because people don't like to admit that their idiotic takes were wrong. One thing that I will give myself credit for is when I do get things wrong, I own it. I don't pretend I didn't say it. Our friend Dusty Techan with how you not mentioned the twenty seventeen Eagles as your worst take? I think that was still defensible. The twenty seventeen Eagles, Carson Wentz was in route to winning League MVP. He broke his leg with two weeks left in the season, and I said, well, they can't win the Super Bowl. Then the whole reason this team's been awesome is because of your quarterback. He broke his leg, so you can't win the Super Bowl. Nick Foles came in and it's not like the defns carried him. Brady played them in the Super Bowl. Brady threw for five hundred yards and the Eagles hung on the Patriots defense. Like, I don't think that was an indefensible take. It was just Nick Foles and out of body experience for a month. Uh, Nick, Is Demanse still By the way, Demanse's name does not have an E in it. Every demon Yeah, everybody thinks it's it. It would be. It's spelled like it's it's literally. Oh yeah. Is Demansei still gonna be on the show when he moves? He's great on the show. He's a foil to Nick who talks sports all the time. So Demanse is definitely going to be on the show in some capacity when he moves. We haven't actually yet fleshed it all out. There's going to be a transition period where uh, Demanse's mom and his older sister fill in for him during the move and during the beginning of his time in LA while he kind of gets settled, figures out what the day to day in the office life is like, gets his apartment situated. So there's going to be a at least, you know, like a six week period or so where he's definitely not on and then once he's fully settled with the office job in LA we figure out logistically how it could work. We're then going to determine if he's going to be on every show as he is now, how we're gonna do it. So there will be a period where Demanday's gone. He then will be back in some capacity. We haven't quite, to be totally honest, figured out all the logistics of it and the technical side of.
Speaker 4: It just yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people have been nice to you, man.
Speaker 4: People appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Some of the I don't know if you checked any of the comments from the piece I did on Brady and parenting and the tough decisions. People were very nice to you in that as well. I'm talking about enjoying watching you and I work together in those Yeah, Yeah, that made me happy. Nick, who's the funniest person you've ever worked with on TV's Wild Yeah. Wilds is legitimately a very funny got Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think you should tell me about the the mad dog Beard.
Speaker 2: No, the mad dog.
Speaker 4: Mad I've got mad dog Beard.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well this is I mean, I don't know if I should tell him this or not. Yeah, I mean, it's gonna make him look like a told dufist, but it's true, so I'll tell it. So I I said something I said to Wilds, I think that I have all these gray hairs in my beard. And Wilds has two dogs at home and uh loves them and like, I know, like over Thanksgiving or Christmas, his family hosted and he said, we're gonna have X amount of people and nine dogs.
Speaker 4: At the house. Wow.
Speaker 2: And wild said to me. He's like, man, yeah, he goes yeah, he goes, yeah, I have dog.
Speaker 4: Jaw, dog jaws.
Speaker 2: And I said, and I said dog jaw. He's like, yeah, you don't see this rash right here on my jaw lines from my dogs. I'm like no, and he's like and he was kind of weird. I thought he was like feel it. So I'm like, okay, he wants me to rub his face. So I reach out and he just as soon as I reached towards and he goes all right and pretends to bark and bite me. He didn't actually bite me, and then just started laughing hysterically at his own idiotic joke. So he actually is a funny guy, even though I found that to be a wild thing for a forty something year old man to do. Uh, I mean, he's yeah, that's a good point. It's in the name. All right, I'm let's take a very quick break. Come back. We'll answer more questions than the chat before I have to go to TV. Talk to you guys shortly.
Speaker 4: What's right?
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in gonna read a few more of your comments. Be where we get out of here. People are saying the dog jaw comment is from ace Ventura. I don't remember that. Have you ever seen x Ventura?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you'd love it.
Speaker 4: What's it about?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's Jim Carrey at his peak. Okay, hilarity, it's what made him a superstar. Oh, he's a pet detective.
Speaker 4: Sweet is like busting dogs.
Speaker 2: No, he's well, the premise is, uh, the Miami Dolphins mascot, the dolphin goes missing. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean that was way that was way before your time. But you've seen dumb and dumber. Yeah, and so this was pre dumb and dumber. Uh. So Matt Ford beside himself, he said, what is ace venturer about the guy's twenty four man? Demonse? I mean I ace Ventura almost assuredly came out before he was born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet you've never seen jeepers creepers Matt.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, take that, Matt, ace Ventura came out. Let me see the year. Uh doesn't say, oh, nineteen ninety four. Wow, way before you were born, way before you were born. Did Demande resolve his issue with the Kansas City DMV? Unfortunately, no, that has not happened. But maybe someone can.
Speaker 4: It won't be Yeah, it's as simple as going out there.
Speaker 2: But again, I think someone did say they could help us, but I didn't.
Speaker 5: They said something about their sister being able top and then they were like they.
Speaker 2: Weren't able to. Yeah, all right, but if you think you can help at at Demonse on Twitter at Demanse bird.
Speaker 4: Because you'll see it more than I'll give you money.
Speaker 2: Big ups to Demonse for being an Orange Man. I also went to Syracuse for my master's Demonse did not go to Syracuse. I did I get the credit for the Syracuse part of it. James said that Demonse didn't go to Syracuse. I went to Syracuse. Uh, what's your dream NBA starting five all time?
Speaker 4: Ray Allen's my two.
Speaker 2: Over Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd have Kobe run the one.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, that's crazy. I I would if we're just doing the best I know, the favorite player. If we're just doing the best players at each spot, you have to go Michael at the or Magic at the one, Michael at the two, Bron at the three, Duncan at the four, Kareem at the five. That's that's what you've got to do if you're doing best players. But if you're trying to make.
Speaker 4: An actual team, trying to.
Speaker 2: Make actual team, this is what I would do. Personally. I would have Steph at the one. Yeah, bron Jordan at the two?
Speaker 4: What go ahead?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, go ahead. I have a I know exactly how I'm going to pick this team. I would destroy my friend Nathan on the black top with it. Pick any player, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: So I would go Steph at the one, Jordan at the two, Bron at the three, Janice at the four, and Shack or Dream at the five. But I'm gonna go Shack.
Speaker 5: So similar Okay, uh not, actually not when you get to that two and three. But yeah, Curry at the one, who is it? Ray Allen at the two, Vince Carter is my three, Yannis is the four, and Shack at the five.
Speaker 2: Son, No, you're going Vince Carter over Bron. Yeah, Okay, that's a terrible idea.
Speaker 5: Telling you man Shack and Giannice at the four and five just makes up for you got Stephan there and then you got Ray Allen. He can hit those threes at I honestly just really like Toople and Vince Carter on the black top.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough. Somebody said Steph over Magic only for that team, because that team needs spacing and shooting. And if I'm gonna have Giannis and Shack as my front court, Lebron can shoot. Obviously, Jordan wasn't a great three point shooter with great mid range. Steph gives me and Lebron can give me all the things Magic could give me.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So like the The other option is to try to go like crazy long athletic and have le Bron play the one, Jordan play the two, Gianni's play the three, Dream play the four, and Kareem play the five and to just no one would be able to score a point on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have great shooting, but defensively it'd be totally unstoppable.
Speaker 4: Uh, switch out Kawhi for Vince Carter.
Speaker 2: By the way, so now you're taking Kawhi over Lebron. That's smart? This is it's no sense. Uh. Somebody says, has an athlete ever confronted you for something you said to him? Yeah? So with the last Super Bowl, I was at Chiefs forty nine ers Saturday morning for the Super Bowl. I'm at a bougie hotel in Miami with your mom and uh Nicole eating breakfast and there's a group of clear it's clear, there's NFL guys at a table over and there's one white guy with tiny eyes, big and kind of chubby who keeps looking over at me and I'm like, who is this. It's like, I know I recognize him, but who is it? And he walks over to the table says Hi, Nick, and I'm like, god, dog, I can't say who are you? So I'm like, hi, shake his hand shakes my head in real time, and I was like, there's my wife, Danielle. The payoff of the story won't matter that much to you in the beginning, but it will to the audience and do our producers. When I say the name and Danielle stands up and says hi, and I'm like, please introduce yourself, Please introduce yourself, he goes, Hi, I'm Richie, and I'm like, oh my god, that's Richie Incognito. Richie Incognito, who was pretty much well known at the time for being one of the most unhinged, dangerous people in the league. He had just gotten into trouble because well, a lot of things. It was part of the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal, but that's not the big problem. He then went on to shoot up his own Lamborghini or Ferrari with an assault rifle. Allegedly, he was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold for getting in a fight at a lifetime fitness He then went to a funeral home where his father was being His father's body was being prepared he had two glocks, three rifles, a silencer in his truck, and he said he wanted to cut his father's head off for research purposes, so the cops had to come get him. When they got there, he was walking through the funeral home punching caskets and throwing objects. He also, it should be noted, is six three three forty and he has walked up to me in this restaurant because I said that the Raiders should cut him and that he's a lunatic. And I was like, he might hit me, like he might beat me to death, and there's I've gotten no moves. And he had just posted because the Raiders signed him or re signed him, like his own sizzle real highlights that underneath it was my commentary roasting him. And I'm like, this guy's so mad, and I think he wanted me to like apologize, but I'm in front of my wife and her friend. I'm not gonna apologize. So I was like, Eh, congrats on the deal. He's like, yeah, you didn't think I would get it. It's like I didn't. Good for you, man, Hope you keep it up. It's like okay, and shook my hand again and squeezed the shit out of it, pardon me. Then went back to his table, and Danielle has no idea who he is, obviously knows none of this story. And she says, you know, she has like this amazing.
Speaker 4: And so with the telepathic stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was like, that guy's crazy. I'm like, I know, how do you know? She's like, you could see it in his eyes. She's like, he wanted to hurt you. I'm like, yeah, I think so. So that's the worst one. Robert Griffin the third confronted me on the air, like my commentary prevented teams from signing him, as opposed to his terrible play preventing teams from signing him.
Speaker 4: But double down on it right now.
Speaker 2: I've never liked that guy. I'm nicer to him now because he's in the industry and we're not supposed to take shots at other broadcasters, but I've never liked him. Nick, are you a fan of the Pat McAfee show. Do you like what he's on in the sports world? I don't watch Pat show, but I'm wildly impressed with what he's done. What he's done is a great story of betting on yourself and hitting it huge. I've Pats a massive success story, a huge talent. He's fantastic. Nick, do you really think Lebron would beat Jordan one on one both in primes? I do, because he's so much bigger and stronger. But I also think that is a terrible measure of basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just think that's not at all the measure of what makes someone great, Like I think that, you know, James Harden might cook Tim Duncan one on one. Tim Duncan's one of the eight greatest players in the history of the league. So I just think one on one is silly.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let me see if I can squeeze in a couple more, uh, Nick. Do you think Darvin Ham's terrible rotations have escaped Flame? I do, But I also think him getting Russ to accept the role that he's gotten, and Anthony Davis playing at the level that he's played at when he's healthy, he deserves credit for that. Nick. What player would you want to see get traded to a better situation other than Lebron just to make the league better? Dame. I'd like to see Dame in big games on a contender. Nick, If you met Lebron in person, I have do I have any pictures with him? I don't. I don't take pictures like with I take pictures if someone wants to take a picture with me, but I don't ever ask people for pictures, Nick, if I go to one sports book as far as which one's the best, if you want to go in person, the Circus Sports Book off the strip in Vegas is pretty phenomenal as far as what they have, as far as the TV screens and how big of a what they're set up is, Nick, your top five receivers of all time, Rice and Randy have to be there, and then it gets very tough. I got it. I don't want to just of that list flippantly without thinking about it.
Speaker 5: This Stanley Stanley Gifner would oh, Stanley Gifner, No. Would Adopting relegation for the bottom teams in the NBA detaed teams from tanking.
Speaker 2: I like the relegation model. The problem is you can't. It doesn't work the way the NBA, the way American sports are formatted, because you can't have a G League team promoted, you know what I mean, Like, you just can't, and so it wouldn't work in that regard. I do I think relegations smart and a cool thing, but the European soccer leagues are just formatted so differently. Somebody asked de Monte, could he beat JJ Reddick one on one right now? The answer to that is no, I could JJ Reddick. Yeah, okay, I I.
Speaker 4: What are were probably the same heightn't you might be a little shorter than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but recently retired from the NBA. Very good. Yeah, he was very good.
Speaker 4: I just retired from basketball.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, okay, good point. Uh, Dan Patrick and Colin Cowhard. Nick, come out and tell us what you did to get where you are. I mean, the very short version is an asinine amount of hard work and a whole lot of good luck. That's those are the that's the short version. Do you think there's an argument to made the honest are the best player in the world right now? I don't think there's an argument to be made against it. I think he's clearly and unequivocally the best player in the world. Uh, the Nick, Do you and Lebron have any relationship at all? I have a very very good, close relationship with Maverick, Lebron's business partner. We've been to each other's houses, were Maverick I would call a legitimate personal friend. I have a good relationship with Rich Rich, Paul Lebron's agent, also Rich who got a lot of airtime at the Grammy's yesterday because he's dating Adele. I don't have a relationship with Lebron other than to say hello. It's nothing bad, It's just we've never our paths have never really crossed. I've never lived in the same city he played in, so we have had a lot of you know what I mean. But I'm I'm friendly with people in his orbit. And last time I saw Lebron, he was at a nightclub in Houston, and he seemed happy to see me, and we dapped each other up. But that's the extent of it, not like not someone that I can text with or that I can be honest to call a friend. I just think he's the greatest athlete ever lived. All Right, fun show. I hope we rewarded the subscribers as promised by doing that. I thought it was great, should be a great TV show today. As Brussard's nets, I think he's gonna think they're in shambles, and I think they might have actually gotten a little bit better we'll do that on TV. I'll talk to you guys throughout the week, Ambling show tomorrow. What's right,