Speaker 1: So we're back with another episode of Separation Anxiety the podcast. I'm your host and Marcus Jordan.
Speaker 2: And I'm Larsa Pippen.
Speaker 1: And today we're going to be talking about a variety of things. But I feel like, yeah, and I feel like there's some interesting topics. But I think first let's talk about dating timeline. When you first meet somebody, when do you actually like meet up? Do you talk first or are you like the type of person that you want to meet it out in public for coffee? Like talk to me about you know, how you typically start dating somebody.
Speaker 2: I feel like I like to talk to someone on the phone for like a long time for sure. I like to know like who they are, what they think. I feel like I've spoken to like a few guys that, like on paper were great, and then as soon as I would talk to them on the phone, they would say things that I'm like, oh, that's a deal breaker, Like I just can't.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have a lot of deal breakers, Like I kind of do I feel like you can cut somebody off or like.
Speaker 2: Anything, Well, I mean not anything, but I just feel like there's certain things that I don't want to sign up for and I don't like to be in a situation where I don't like, I don't feel safe for sure. If I'm going to jump into the pool, I'd like to know the temperature and like how deep it is. I don't want to just jump into a situation with someone where I'm like unclear. But I will say I have caught myself in some situations where I'm like, what the hell was I thinking dating that person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like for me, you know, I'm I definitely spend a lot of time, like you know, getting to know somebody through the phone, but I feel like nothing serious can happen until you meet in person.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm big on like chemistry and like can we hold a conversation and like, you know, just do we have a lot of interests and so, you know, I don't know. I feel like it varies for everybody, but I feel like my dating timeline is probably like talking, texting, getting to know each other, and then at some point, like I feel like just the anxiety builds up and you kind of want to meet the.
Speaker 2: Person you know, and most of the time it's like overrated. Yeah, time, it's like because I feel like I've talked to guys where I'm like, Oh, they're amazing, They're so great, and then as soon as I would hang out with them, I'd be like, oh, heck, no, this is so not for me. I can't sign up for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like when I was in LA, the guys that were the guys that I was talking to in LA, I felt like it was like a lot of industry people. And I feel like, because you're so focused on their career and stuff that like the little things that matter to me probably like don't matter to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I think, you know, again, I think we kind of talked about this on our last episode, but I do think your location kind of dictates you know who you might run into or who you might date, and you know what their priorities are, and so I feel like, I don't know, I feel like I've always like I'm needy, Yeah, and I always feel like I wasn't, you know. I feel like I can cater to people's needs, but I feel like I go with the flow and like pretty much take things as they come.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you're really chill.
Speaker 1: I am very chill. I'm an optimistic guy. I like to experience things, you know.
Speaker 2: So I remember talking to a guy once and he like we were probably talking for two months. He lived out of the country, he lived in Dubai, and he was literally like probably the second conversation, third conversation we had, he was like, hey, so I would send you money every month. If I sent you two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, would you not talk to anyone anymore? And we had just started. I just met him on the phone, like I met him through a mutual friend. I'd never seen him before, but he just thought on paper like it would make sense because I was Middle Eastern, he was Middle Eastern. But he thought that like the money would make me not talk to other people. Yeah, And that to me was kind of like, I'm like, by the way, I don't even know if I like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like there are guys that are you know, a little aggressive or you know, might input their you know, beliefs on people. I don't know. I've never been that guy. I feel like people are going to do what they want to do no matter what, and so I try to be open minded in terms of, you know, everybody's personality, because yeah, I feel like, for example, like you're only I feel like some people feel like, oh my god, how could you dat a girl with only fans? And I feel like, you know, it's a thing that you do, is like business and in your independence, and I you know, I fully support it, whereas I feel like some people, you know, could maybe not be so supportive.
Speaker 2: So you know, my only fans is like it, there's like no fee to subscribe to my no trust me.
Speaker 3: I'm fully aware not It's.
Speaker 2: Not crazy, you guys. It's basically just my lifestyle. It's nothing crazy. It's anything that I would post on my Instagram. But I do feel like if you felt a type of way about it, I would definitely cancel it. We've had these conversations before where I'm just like, you know, it's fun for me to do, but if you weren't comfortable with it, then I would definitely, I feel like, get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't have a problem with him, but yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying, like you, if you had a problem, I would get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I appreciate that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely would want you to feel comfortable and good in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you baby, And so talking going back to talking dating timeline, Like, how long do you think a person should wait before you hook up.
Speaker 2: I told you I'm big on like I want to talk to you a lot, so like I where I know everything about you, I know your friends, I know how you move, I know how you think before I even see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean.
Speaker 2: I feel like my homie and then I don't feel like there's a new pressure and I say, hey, like, oh, you're going to be in LA. We should all meet up. And I'm more of like the group type thing, like I'm more like my friends will come and meet your friends and then we could all be friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's different for guys.
Speaker 2: I feel like, sure, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Well, especially it depends it's situational, depends on like each situation. I feel like, if you've been talking on the phone or facetiming, then there's probably some sparks there or some chemistry. And so I feel like if by the time you meet up in person the first time, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I feel like you're trying to up.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's not necessarily out of the realm of possibilities. Not saying that okay, I go into a first date expecting to hook up. But I also feel like when I go into the first day, I know you a little bit through talking or whatever, and if there's chemistry there, I would welcome it. You know, I'm not ruling it out. I think that's what most guys think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I like to spend time with someone and kind of see how they are like in public, like what my friends think about them, Because I do feel like there's like a timeline, right, So like when I first meet someone, there's like, you know, if I like you, I'm not going to text you, I'm going to call you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 2: I'm like I want to hear your voice. I want to hear your tone because I feel like your tone has a lot to do with like the type of person you are. And then I want to say things you might not like to see how you respond.
Speaker 3: Really, I'll see you playing like my game, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like I'll just say some crazy stuff to see like, oh, like he would never accept that, like he's just crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see, I never really was one.
Speaker 1: Like when I was dating, I always kind of girls would say, oh, you got game.
Speaker 2: Or you like you have a lot of game, by.
Speaker 1: The way, but I never I'm always honest and open. I'm never really spitting game Like I don't have like a strategy or a chest.
Speaker 2: No, it's just the way you are. That's just the way.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know, that's just how I am. You know, It's just I don't know. I'm always honest. I feel like in you know, trying to be like forthcoming.
Speaker 2: I feel like only a lioness like me could take you down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would agree with that. I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: Like you, Yeah, you're kind of wild.
Speaker 3: And so okay, continuing on the topic of like the dating.
Speaker 2: Time texting a So, so I'm going to text you if we just meet, and then if I like the way you text, I'm going to call you. But I will tell you I had a crazy story about a guy that I was dating and he was from Chicago. So I don't know if the whole like where you're from has a lot to do with things. He's from Chicago. He actually married someone that I know. Okay, every time I would text him, he would I mean every time I would talk to him. First it started with the text messaging and he is like a business guy, super like nerdy, okay, But then when I would text him or call him, he would say like the craziest things to me, Like he would be just like, I've been thinking about your body all the time, and I'm like and then he'd be like he would just say like the things that I want to do to you, and it just turned me off so bad. I was like, this guy's a total idiot, Like I would never waste my time with him because he just was coming off so like aggressive. But if you saw him, Marcus, you would never believe.
Speaker 1: What about Has there ever been a situation where you liked the guy and that was like welcome? Then you know what I'm saying, I think maybe you weren't.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like a tennis match, so it's like it has to go back and forth. But if you're constantly saying physical, like you know, like sexual things to me and I'm not reciprocating back to you, then I feel like at some point it's like, dude, I'm not into that with you, Like we're trying to figure things out, but like that's not it, you know. And I feel like this guy, if you saw the way he looked like and the things he was saying, you'd be like, there's no way.
Speaker 1: Well, I do feel like that's like a gray area, you know, and especially as a guy, because like you don't as a man, you don't want to get depending on the situation, but you don't want to get put in the friend zone, right, And so I feel like there's like a thin line between like for play and sex thing versus like being too aggressive, you know.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like I put him on and my phone is pervert. I was like, he's a pervert. But you know, it's funny. He ended up marrying someone that I know and they look really happy. That's good, and I'm sure he's probably different with her. I think, would you date certain people, maybe they bring out a certain thing in you. Oh yeah, I don't know. If he just felt like I liked it, like I was that person that liked it, but I clearly did not. I was like, uh no, I'm not that girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, okay. So it's continuing on the dating timeline, like when do you think it's right because you said you like to meet people in groups or whatever, and so when do you think it's the right time to introduce somebody that you're dating to your kids.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like from the time like we start hanging out as friends and my friends tell me they like you. Because I feel like I need like my friends. I kind of tell my friends a lot of things, and I don't know if that's good or bad because I know you don't love when I tell my friend's things.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't bother me, just like I like person you feel me. I like in our business to us, but I feel.
Speaker 2: Like when there's hiccups and I feel like if they are your real friends and I only have like a couple of really good friends, I feel like I like to tell them when things are not like not perfect with us, because I want them to remind me. Like I like, if if you've done something to me that's hurt my feelings, I kind of want my friends to remind me that. So I'm like, Okay, so yeah, you did actually say that to me or you did do that to me, right, But I'm working on that. I feel like I do need to be more private because I am definitely like really open with like my friends and family.
Speaker 1: I just think I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily. I just feel like, you know, we come from different backgrounds. I feel like you always were from the notion of like, uh, like a big tribe, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like, you know, for us, we've always been private and you know, handle things within four walls, et cetera, et cetera. So I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think it's you know, that's where we differ sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I feel like as far as hooking up with someone, I don't know if there's like a time frame for that because I feel like once you get to know someone on the phone and you spend time like talking to them about certain things, I feel like then like once you're comfortable and like as long as you're an adult, Like, have you.
Speaker 3: Ever hooked up with someone on the first day?
Speaker 2: No, When I think about it now, because I feel like I expect things.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I just expect things like I expect you to be nice, sweet, everything. It's not like, yeah, my mind controls my body, my mind, and my heart. So if I'm not into it like my mind and heart, then I'm not going to hook up with you. It's just not I'm not going to be like oh so horny, I need to hook up with you. It's not happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I feel that. And so how about this.
Speaker 1: If sex is bad for the first time, let's say it's whatever I have. Of many dates, you finally have sex with somebody, it's terrible. Is there any hope for the relationship after that first bad hookup?
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like, I don't know, because I feel like, you know, it's I don't think so I think I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, yeah, I mean, I don't want to cut you off going.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I feel like this, like if I talk about this stuff like openly, I'm gonna get in trouble with my parents. So I'm just going to keep it ping.
Speaker 3: I feel that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like sexual chemistry matters, you know, so if it's terrible, horrible, like like then throw it all away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like it's like a big part of a relationship for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. I think it's a big part.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, So let's talk about so from the time you hook up. Okay, there's like stages, right, So you hook up with someone, how long after before you introduce them to like your kids, and then like your because I feel like I would introduce someone first to my kids and then to my parents.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you know, I don't have kids. I think, you know, like you said, I when I'm dating somebody, I kind of like to bring them around my friends after a certain point of time, and then you know, if my friends like.
Speaker 3: Them, then maybe they'll you know, meet the parents. You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't I never really brought that many people back to my parents, you know.
Speaker 3: And so I just feel like.
Speaker 2: It's like three months, five months, because I feel like.
Speaker 3: I met your mom.
Speaker 2: I met your mom like what three months after we started it.
Speaker 1: I think it was something like that for months, something like that, something like that. Yeah, But I also feel like our situation was different just because it was so public, you know, and I wanted, you know, people to meet you in my family just because I feel like they don't know I hadn't really known you or met you, or you know, didn't know your personality, and so if we were going to be public and all in the news, I kind of wanted you to I.
Speaker 3: Wanted my family to know who I was running around with.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I feel like when I talk to someone, I feel like, for the first two weeks, I'm texting, calling, okay. Then I'm going to see you probably a month into it, okay, and then I'm going to probably introduce you to my kids. I don't know. I don't know that many guys that have made it that far to be honest with you, because, like I said, I'm very critical of the conversations we have. I'm sure, and I feel like if you just say some crazy things, like you know, it's funny because I feel like when I've talked to guys and they've said, hey, I really like I feel like LA guys are like this, they'll be like, I really like an independent woman. If you say that, I'm not going to like you, even though I'm an independent woman, yeah, because I just feel like it means you're cheap. There's like some connotation in my brain that says you're cheap, even though like I've got my own everything and I don't need a man for anything. But I feel like if a guy says I'm really into independent women, no, I.
Speaker 1: Think it could be at least from my perspective. I feel like if a woman is independent, it doesn't necessarily need to be like, oh, we're splitting the bill.
Speaker 2: If you've never dated a guy that we're like if we're at dinner, and like, I have a friend actually that moved in with this guy in Miami and they were splitting the rent. They were splitting everything down the middle, to the point they were splitting their like Starbucks bill and she didn't even drink coffee.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And so for me, I was like, that would not turn me on. He I would never hook up with him. That would just turn me off.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And so going back to you know, the guy's perspective, I feel like dating an independent woman means kind of.
Speaker 3: Like she's got her stuff together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's you know, grinding towards some sort of goal, maybe a career at least.
Speaker 3: An hobby or interest, you know.
Speaker 1: And so I think you can be, you know, in search of an independent woman and not necessarily wanting somebody to split the bill with you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I like like the contributing factor. I like to be able to contribute to a lot of things, like vacations or like a home or something like that. But I just feel like if you were like literally expecting me to like split a Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Bill, yeah, no, I feel like, you know, sometimes women or a woman who's not working or who's up under you all the time can be a little annoying to a guy, you know, and it could come off as like needy or and so I just feel like, you know, when a guy's looking for an says he's looking for an independent woman, it could also be like, oh, she's you know, keeping herself busy. She's got her job, she's got a career, whatever it is that you know she's spending her time doing. But you know, I feel like guys like alone time sometimes, and so that's what dating an independent woman could bring.
Speaker 2: I guess I get it. Okay, So it doesn't mean they're cheap all the time when they say that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it necessarily needs to be somebody is cheap. And so I guess you were kind of like alluding to another topic we were trying to discuss on this episode. And so this is talking money with your honey, and so I feel like this is a great segue.
Speaker 2: I love talking money with my honey exactly. I want to know everything. I feel like when we're dating, Like when you date someone, you should really ask like the most personal questions about your finances, Do you have any debt? I don't want to sign up for someone else's debt, right, And they're like, like, there's certain reasons why, like you would never marry some of these people.
Speaker 3: I feel like that comes later in the timeline of dating.
Speaker 2: Though, you know for sure, But I'm sayings.
Speaker 3: That happen and then you start getting into the weeds of for sure.
Speaker 2: But I definitely feel like a while before you're having these conversations about meeting each other's family, you should definitely talk about finances, for sure, and like what you're comfortable with and what everyone brings to the table.
Speaker 1: Because well, it's funny because I just feel like, you know, in a game. Maybe this is my old soul talking, but I'm always of the notion of like a guy should take care of his woman, you know, and so you know, whether that be dinner or whatever the case may be. But I feel like the guys should all ways pay and make sure his girl is all right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so the question is, when both partners are well off, who should pay for dinner?
Speaker 2: You should?
Speaker 3: I think I do you do it?
Speaker 2: You do it? But no, I feel like it's good to contribute, you know, there's certain things. For instance, when we're there's.
Speaker 1: Times though, there's times though where we're out eating and you're like, no, I want to grab lunch, and yeah, there's a little fight we argue over it, but every now and then you've been successful at like buying a lunch or two.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like everyone has to bring something to the table. Everyone has to contribute in some you know, some way. But it's funny before we before we shoot housewives or even this podcast, and I'm always running around like last minute, and I ask you to do certain things, and I'm like, Marcus, is the computer charge? Marcus? Like this and the certain things I expect you to do and your goal And you said to me before you said you're bossing me around.
Speaker 1: Well, I know what happens is I feel like you get a little bit of anxiety and anxiousness when it's time to like film or whatever, just because you want things to go.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you say things that are like overtly obvious, like okay, make.
Speaker 3: Sure the computers starts, like the computer is charged.
Speaker 1: You know, And so you just like to reiterate certain things as if like I'm not on top of them, even though that I am and so that's what I mean when I say, like, you get a little bossy when you're anxious.
Speaker 3: But it's cute. It's so cute. I just don't do I not laugh.
Speaker 2: I feel you laugh. But the funny thing is when we're okay, the funny The funny thing is when we're not doing that. I'm literally taking care of you all day.
Speaker 3: You do you do? You do a great job to take care of it.
Speaker 2: I literally bring you coffee or to bring coffee and make you breakfast even though I've got like calls during my calls. I'll have my business calls for like Larce Marie or a Lujo yeah, or just like anything that I'm going on my production meetings for housewives or whatever. But I'm still making you breakfast.
Speaker 3: You do you? Definitely? Then I ask you, I try to I try to clean up.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're maybe you're messy as hell.
Speaker 3: I am. I'm a little messy, but I feel like, if you're going.
Speaker 2: To cut at you, there's one thing about you, I feel like you're kind of messy.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 1: I grew up not necessarily having to pick up after myself, and so I could say that translated a little bit into my adult years, but I am very grateful and thankful when you do cook, and so I try to do my part in terms of like taking out the trash and clean up the dishes. So you know, I'm not perfect, but I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Sure, you're actually amazing. I love everything that you do for me.
Speaker 3: And so is it a turnoff when a woman offers to pay?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a turnoff. I think it's nice for a woman to offer to pay. I think, like I said, I think it's like, yeah, you want to be with someone that wants to give you back. I don't feel like anyone wants to be in a relationship where's one sided. Yeah, I feel like if you feel like you're being taken advantage of, then that's not going to be a good feeling for you. And I feel like, even like when I say, I like a man to take care of a woman, but at the same time, the woman's got to take care of a man too, and we all bring different you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't think it's I wouldn't say it's a turnoff necessarily. I feel like, you know, it's greatly appreciated if a woman offers to pay, but I'd rarely ever let that happen. I feel like, you know, thank you for the gesture, but you know I got this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're good life and all of them. But but I do feel like you do appreciate like the things that like I do for you, or like a woman to do for a man, because I do feel like, you know, we all have to do our partner.
Speaker 3: My mama raised me with manners, you know.
Speaker 2: I know she really did.
Speaker 1: How about the vice versa? Is it a turn off when a man doesn't offer to pay. Let's say we go eat and I'm like, we're just sitting there. The check came and I'm like waiting for you to grab your card.
Speaker 2: Okay, We'll tell you a story to happen. I mean once, okay, I went my friend was in town. Okay, she wanted to go to a club in Miami. And when I go to clubs, I don't ever obviously pay for anything exactly. But she wanted to come, and she came with like a few people, like six guys. Oh wow, but it was like our hairdresser and her makeup art. It was like guy, but that's a deep crew.
Speaker 3: That's that's a deep crew.
Speaker 2: So I knew that we I knew that, like we couldn't. She couldn't just come to my table. So I had to go to her table, like we had to get a table. And I was dating this guy at the time, and the bill came for the table, and I think it was like eighty five hundred dollars or something, and he was like, I don't want to pay for your friend and all of her friends. Wow, And so obviously I split the bill with her that night, and that was crazy, well I but I couldn't be mad at him because I was like, I get it, like I had just started talking to him, and he was like not expecting to, Like he couldn't even bring his friends to the table because it was her and all her friends. And so I do remember feeling like I.
Speaker 3: Was so wait, the guy that you were dating.
Speaker 2: I wasn't really dating it me.
Speaker 1: Y'all went out together, y'all went to the club together. Yes, and your friend came with six guys.
Speaker 2: So normally, if I was going on, I would go to like the owner's table. I wouldn't like and I don't really I'm not like a big drinker. I'm having one drink drinks and I'm not staying all night. So I feel like, for me, it's not that serious. But she ended up coming with a bunch of people. We ended up going out and we had a great night. We had a great night. I love her so much. But the guy that I was with did it like he was just like, I'm like, I don't want to pay this bill, and I was like, yeah, no problem, Like I'll split it with her. So I split it with her. But and I wasn't mad at him because it was just like the situation, the circumstances.
Speaker 3: Okay, So was the guy were y'all dating or was it like friend vibes were you'll own?
Speaker 2: We were like in a situation where we just started talking and I thought he was cute and he thought I was cute. It was kind of like that we weren't like we hadn't we hadn't slept together or anything like that. It wasn't like he was my boyfriend or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. I feel like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know whenever I paid that bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I feel like I feel like we've gone out times, and you know, I feel like maybe i've invited your friends or so and so to come along, and yeah, I pick up the bill most of them.
Speaker 2: I know, But I feel like I don't like my dude did like like be like to be taken advantage of either.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's more about taking advantage. I feel like it's you know, now, do I think the guy should have maybe had somebody somebody else should have chipped it not necessarily you I feel like because you didn't necessarily bring the large group.
Speaker 2: I feel like she should have paid the bill.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like, if I'm hosting a group, even if it's not necessarily you know, all of my closest friends, you know, I'm definitely going in on the bill.
Speaker 2: Would agree. Yeah, I feel like you're really generous like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's you know, it's less about you know, who we're with, and is more about I feel like the venues that we go to, you know, they always have our back when we go, and so, you know, just trying to make sure we maintain you know, good service and security.
Speaker 2: I also feel like, like I said, it's about like the tennis match of give and take. Yeah, you got to give a take, you know, it's it can't be one sided than anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I guess it doesn't turn you off, did you guy? Did you state that guy again?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: Well then it maybe turned you off a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. He just wasn't the vibe. He couldn't like. I just don't know. He just Okay, it didn't do it for me. Let's talk about intimacy.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: So like the difference between men and women. So like you know, we were talking about, like in your mind, you don't feel like there's anything wrong with like hooking up with someone right away. Okay, I feel like for women, and I'm going to talk about me personally, I feel like I have to like really really like you, like have a connection with you, want to be with you. But I don't really see myself hooking up with people that I'm not going to be with.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just not like that. I know guys are built like that. I'm just not built like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I think it depends on what stage of life you're in, you know, because.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was like that at twenty though, Like I always any guy that I liked I was like, could I be with him? Could I marry him? Do I see myself with him? It wasn't like, oh, he's so fine, I just want to be with him tonight. Like never that.
Speaker 1: Different strokes with different folks, you know, because I feel like, you know, when I was young and dating and single or whatever, there was definitely nights where I'm going out with my guys and it's like, Okay, anything goes. Not necessarily anything goes, but it's like we're looking for a group of girls, or you know, there's a group of girls that we're meeting out, and you know, whatever happens happens.
Speaker 3: But you know, I just think that.
Speaker 2: You probably even know their names. I mean, like I want your social Security number?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I feel like, you know, there's definitely a double standard when it comes to, you know, hooking up on the first date. Yeah, but I definitely think it happens a lot more than people give it credit for.
Speaker 2: No, for sure, yeah, for sure. But then I promise you, well, the girls that I know end up regretting it the next day because then you see the person and it's awkward.
Speaker 1: Well see, And that's always been a thing for me because it's like, you know, given who I am in this situation, you know, being Michael Jordan, someone whatever, I always I never wanted to put myself in.
Speaker 3: Like a gray area situation, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Obviously can sain it's a big deal and it's hard to gauge that on the first you know, first night hookup type of thing, and so it's definitely a gray area. But I feel like, you know, I've always played it safe when it comes to that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd have to, you have to. I kind of feel like any guy that I've actually been into, I can kind of like have him sprung in about seven days. I think in seven days you can really you can really have a man sprung in seven days a long time. Yeah, I feel like if you're focused, seven days is a long time.
Speaker 3: I feel like that can go both ways.
Speaker 2: There's like an art to it. You have to really get down to the nitty gritty of like who they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, again, if there's that high level of attraction and wanting to be around each other twenty for seven, talking on the phone all the time, I feel like then you can kind of peel back the layers more easily. I feel like, you know, it's easier to fall in love in seven days versus you know, if you're not talking as much or not seeing each other as much. And I feel like it's okay in the early stages of dating to be like completely obsessed with somebody and trying to get to know them.
Speaker 2: I agree to, but I also feel like getting to know someone like emotionally or like even taking care of them, like cooking for them. Like I feel like that, I know, do you do you appreciate when I cook for you?
Speaker 3: I love it, Okay, I definitely appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure I try to show.
Speaker 2: You that because I feel like when you're working, I always want to make sure that I'm taking care of you. I'm like, hey, are you good? Do you need something to drink? Can I get you something? Like, just to make sure that you're like in a good, done place so you can focus on.
Speaker 3: Work, for sure, And I think that's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also feel like I always feel like whenever I'm in a situation, I always want the person to like be their best and make more money, be good, you know, like all the good stuff to support them and make sure that they feel good.
Speaker 3: I'll never go into a relationship with like a strategy. It's always right.
Speaker 2: Now for sure, right, No, I mean I don't. I don't go into anything like that either. To be honest with you, I kind of let it be what it's going to be.
Speaker 1: And it's like, do you have any girlfriends that do that that? Like, I mean, yeah, you know, there's like a playbook of.
Speaker 2: Well, I just feel like there moves. In order to like really get to someone, you have to like get to their emotional side for sure. Like I feel like you have to have deep conversations. You have to like get into their soul and find out like what makes them happy and what doesn't and what triggers them and what you know, because I feel like all of us are broken in some part, okay, And I feel like there's like certain people that know how to like like that make you better, yeah, and don't like they see the good in you, and they see that they can bring out the good in you. But that's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, there's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: And I feel like when you're in a relationship, like when you first meet someone, it's kind of like they all come with baggage. And when I say a baggage, it's like they come with like I don't know, they're talking to like ten people. They have some kids normally, so you got to deal with their the girlfriends that they had, You got to deal with their like baby moms. You got to deal with like all this stuff. And it's a lot of stuff. I bet, I bet, But I definitely feel like there's like art to dealing with like that whole situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, look, I've.
Speaker 2: Like the time frame is what I'm saying, Like, what's the time frame for when? Like because I feel like I gave you time too, Like when you date someone, you have to give them time to unload other people. Yeah, everyone has people.
Speaker 1: I feel like, Look, yeah, I feel like we were definitely talking for a long period of time, but then when we started dating, it was like, yeah, a gradual like Okay, cut this person out. You know, can't you can't keep be friends with everybody that you are with when you're single, you know, because I feel like when you're single, everybody's entertaining something, you know what I'm saying just because I feel like this human nature, but uh, you know, definitely. As you start to get in the committed and serious relationship, then people started dropping like flies.
Speaker 2: But you know what's funny, I feel like on Instagram, like I can't remember who I was with. I was dating someone and he literally went through my Instagram and n followed everybody, and I was like, and I was new to this because you know, I was like, I came from like a long relationship and I was like, no, don't know follow those people are my friends. And he was like, they offer you nothing. And by the way, when they start dating someone that they like, they'll unfollow you. And I was like fighting with this guy. And then as time went on on Instagram because like I just learned this that it happens all the time. So when guys start dating someone seriously, she will make them unfollow everyone, and so I learned that game. So I was like, by the way, if you like me, unfollow everyone, show me you love me, show me you like me, because I just feel like sometimes it's like a distraction and like it offers you nothing at the end of the day, like when you really think about it, Like all the people that I used to follow on Instagram and like all these fake people like they really offer you nothing. And I feel like I started noticing that, like, you know, I'm doing everything backwards, like I was a mom first and now I'm basically like where I was supposed to be a twenty one you know.
Speaker 3: True, So I do feel that.
Speaker 2: I feel like when I think about like my friends, there's so many fake fronts, like on Instagram, and like everyone's fake. Everyone like wants something from you. They're with you as long as you have something to offer them, and when you stop offering them things, they kind of vanish. Yeah, So it's like I don't mind on following anybody at this point because I feel like if you don't offer me anything where I feel good, you make me better, you know, you're doing something for my soul, or like you're really funny, like you got to be funny smart something.
Speaker 1: I feel like you go through phases with people, you know, and it's like sometimes you know, you might be hanging out with somebody for like a summer, but then it'll be years before you ever see them again, you know. And so what it sounds like is maybe you know you take stock of your friendships and relationships know pretty frequently, and you know you might cut a bitch off if.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm never like, I don't think I've really cut off a lot of people like that. As far as my friends, I feel like I'm very like if we spent time together, like like at any point, if like you came back into my life and you were like, hey, I hope everything's cool, like I'd always like respond obviously in life, yeah whatever, But I do feel like there's like a lot of fake people, like for.
Speaker 3: Sure, No, I feel that. I feel that.
Speaker 1: And so going back to can you win somebody over in seven days, which I think we both agree that can happen. Should the man be the only one texting and calling at the beginning of a relationship or should it go both ways?
Speaker 2: I think it should go both ways, But like I feel like the man should like determine like the relationship because I feel like a man has to really want the woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So do you like feeling pursued and like desired and you want a guy texting you twenty four to seven or do you want some space like to win you work?
Speaker 2: Like I think it depends on the guy, yeah, because I feel like I've had guys that like I feel like.
Speaker 3: When we started dating, we talked a lot. Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 1: And if we weren't texting, then we were on the phone or we were facetiming, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I feel like the guy kind of does determine like this the relationship. I feel that, Like I don't know if I'm being traditional in that aspect, but I do feel like the man kind of determines like if he wants the relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I feel like it goes both ways.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, because we talked about this before, about just like transaction relationships, and so I feel like there are times where being a single guy, you want like girls to hit you up, to feel like you're needed, Yeah, to feel like you're needed for certain things, like even if it's just going to the club or where we at on the weekend, you know what I'm saying. And so, you know, I think as you start to get into a more serious or slash committed relationship, then as a man, I feel like that can be viewed as like needy or like, you know, I feel like guys oftentimes want want that like constant communication, but at the same time want space early.
Speaker 3: In the relationship.
Speaker 2: Guys are confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just you guys are confused.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it goes both ways, you know, because like if somebody's too clingy or too needy, then I'm like, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get what you're saying. I do feel like there are certain relationships where like guys need a lot of attention from other women because they just feel like insecure and they just need they constantly need that. It's like a high for them, you know, like other women, other women. But at the end of the day, it's like, what do you really have nothing because it's all fake love. Yeah, you can't. You can't really like spread yourself out to everyone because if you were for everyone, you were really for no one.
Speaker 1: So on Instagram, we had a couple of ask us Anything questions, and so the first one was how do you guys handle public negativity?
Speaker 3: And so, babe, what would you say? How do you handle it?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm not really phased by Like, I'm not really phased by negativity because I feel like I feel really good on the inside and I feel like the people that are I surround myself with like love me and I love them and I feel like I only want to bring positivity into their lives. And if you don't know me and you want to judge me based on like my hair color, based on who I'm with, or based on things that don't really matter to you, and you have so much, like you have such an opinion on my life, I feel like you must be miserable.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, most public negative comments come from like a lack of knowledge or basis, so it's like it's easy to write those things off. I think we both talk about like our Chicago Foundation and how we are both strong in that and words don't really affect us. So I just think, you know, we both roll with the punches and that we also have tight circles of friends who really know who we are, so it's like it's easy to lean on them versus you know, chasing public you know, exception.
Speaker 2: And I also feel like when I look at these people that are being super negative and like judge, they are the ones that live in the biggest glass box like glass houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure, Like.
Speaker 2: What you live in a glasshouse and you're literally sitting here judging me seriously. Okay, So we talked about my only Founds briefly. Yeah, so how do you feel about my only Fans account? And would you ever want me to delete it? Because I would No.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, like I said, I don't have.
Speaker 2: An issue with you like it, but you don't really like it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, as long as it it's makes no as long as it makes you happy and you enjoy it, and you know, look, I think it's a source of income for you, Like I would never want to you know, block your success or your you know, well being, and so you know, I think as long as you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, his career, it's not good for business since I've been with.
Speaker 3: You, well, that's not that's not my fault. I don't blame me.
Speaker 2: Like literally, the people that write me on there are like not happy that I'm in a relationship with you. But it's fun.
Speaker 1: I think you still, you know, you you have your days when you post things and you keep it spicy on there.
Speaker 2: Me listen, it's fun and as long as you don't mind like I think me it's like fun and it's it's cool whatever. But if you didn't like it, I would definitely turn it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think you know, call it. You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: We talked a little bit about fake friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so tell us your experience with fake friends.
Speaker 2: You told me first, because I feel like you have your surrounded bus a little bit of fake friends too.
Speaker 1: Uh, not necessarily fake friends. I just feel like earlier in my like adulthood, you kind of had to weep through the bs, and I feel like a lot of people, you know, will like you think.
Speaker 2: Your friends are someone like You've told me people on Instagram. You're like, oh she dated my friends cousins, bartender, you like you're You're like, you reach so crazy sometimes and I'm like, okay, and what does that have to do with you?
Speaker 1: Every now and then you ask me who so and so is on Instagram and I'd be like, look, that's my boys girl, or that's a friend of my friend. And so that's what I'm speaking to when I say when I said, when I say that, you know, you go through phases with people, Yeah, and so you know at some point that person might have been closer to me than they are now.
Speaker 3: And so you know, again, I think it's a it's a situational thing.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Who are some of the rudest celebrities you've encountered?
Speaker 2: I don't really know. I don't really like I'm not one of those people that see someone like if I'm in the same room with them and I don't expect them to do anything say hi to me, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, I never really I feel like anytime I'm introduced to you more people, yeah, somebody, they kind of put their best foot forward anyway. So it's like I never really get that side of like, yeah, you know, I've never been.
Speaker 2: I will say this though, me being single versus me being married is different with women. That's like a topic.
Speaker 1: Actually being single versus you being married is different with women. Like women that you meet, well, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like yeah, because I feel like when you're married or with someone, I feel like women are going to be nicer to you and when.
Speaker 3: They don't feel threatened or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you're single, I feel like so many people don't want you around. It's the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: Women. Yeah, yeah, no, that's true.
Speaker 2: Women don't want you around. I feel like I experienced that in the NBA, like a lot. Really yeah, because I feel like they thought, like, you know, I think they just like assumed when like Scott and I broke up, like I don't know, they were just like threatened like i'd want their man, and I was like, honestly, I've seen what he put you through. Why would I want that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? True?
Speaker 2: And and for me, like I feel like when I've seen like a guy and girl together, if I've seen you together, I could never look at the guy as a single guy, even if they've broken up. I just kind of view that person as like, oh, that's so and So's dude. Yeah, Like I would never want to be with someone that like I knew their girlfriend or their wife or anything like that. I feel like for me, that's not like that doesn't turn me on.
Speaker 1: I feel that I feel that or the next Exs's anything question is Michael Jordan versus Lebron James. I mean, obviously I'm biased in this debate, but yeah, I mean, you know my answer, there's only one goat, and it's obviously my dad. I think stat's kind of say that, you know what I'm saying, But I don't think honestly you can kind of take people out of their generation and compare them to others. You know, I think each decade or generation has their own best player, but I think we can all agree on who, you know, the greatest of all time is at least, yeah, I can. And so the next question is how often will we see Marcus on the next season of Real Housewives in Miami.
Speaker 2: Well, you had to deal with your mom that you would only be on like one episode.
Speaker 3: I told my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, like I would do three filming days whatever that ends up being. You know, I'm only doing it three times, And that was just out of support for you. And I think that definitely snowball. There's been more than three times I've been on on I've been miked.
Speaker 3: Up, I should say.
Speaker 2: I know, I kind of feel like it's fun to like shoot with you.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, obviously it's fun for me because I'm with you, but it's not something that I look forward to doing every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I feel like it's you know, it's fun, it's with you, it's cool, it's fine.
Speaker 1: You know, there is a good cat there's like a good crew, and so they make it feel like very homie and like family vibes.
Speaker 3: But there's definitely a goal.
Speaker 1: To stir the pot, to stir the pot, and I'll let you do all the stirring, baby.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've always got a spoon in my bag.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, it's time to see who's joining our block party this week. To the comment section, we go. Let's go all right, so comment number one, babe, go ahead read that.
Speaker 2: It says she'll be done with him within two years.
Speaker 3: So what's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: First of all, done with you. I'm just getting started.
Speaker 3: I think we're just getting started to baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like we really enjoy each other and we have a lot of fun together.
Speaker 3: We definitely blocking that person.
Speaker 2: We're definitely blocking that person. You have officially been invited to our block party for saying that, because we are in a happy place. And yeah, I feel like a year is gone by like so fast, and it's been like so much fun, and I feel like I don't, like, I don't want to put pressure on you and like on our relationship. Like as long as we both are having fun and like make each other feel good and sure make each other better than like, that's that's the goal.
Speaker 1: The next comment says, again wearing her daughter's clothes, and I feel like we've talked about this a little bit.
Speaker 3: You do like to wear some extra smalls.
Speaker 2: I do like to wear some extra smalls. Okay, so I am trying to change my fashion sense.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, this season, you kind of you bussed it up a little bit this season, you know what.
Speaker 2: I think? Like living in Miami, Like for me, I always like like to wear like not a lot of stuff and like to wear like shorts and like crop tops and like tank tops. So I don't know, I feel like it's just it's like my comfort place. Yeah, and I feel like I can live in sweats all day, Like I love that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I love your fashion choices. I feel like you make some bold choices here and there. I definitely would like to see you step away from some of the extra small the extra smalls and the cutouts and the you know, I just out of fear of you know, people seeing the goodies. That's the only reason you look great and everything. Don't get me wrong, It's just I'm not trying to have anybody seeing my goodies.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then I'll definitely start dressing a little more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been doing great.
Speaker 2: You've been doing I mean, but I also feel like you're like really helpful for me now because I feel like you definitely bring like something different because you have like really good tas and I feel like you helped me get dressed and pull my stuff together.
Speaker 3: We definitely, you know, we style each other from time to time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I really respect your Your fashion sounds damn.
Speaker 1: Another question is your mom going to be mad about breaking the three episode promise?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I feel like my mom is kind of embracing day that day by day our relationship even more. She would obviously approves, But I feel like she listened to our second episode of the podcast today and she called.
Speaker 3: Me and she was like, oh my god, it's so cute.
Speaker 1: And she sent me like the emoji of eleven eggs and all of this stuff, and so she she spelled Marquisos. She said, no little Marquisos. She was obviously being playful, and so yeah, I think I think my mom's not going to be upset with me being in the show. I just feel like I.
Speaker 2: Feel like, you know, you're you're a smart, classy guy, Like, what are you going to do on the show. You're just sitting there like we'n we're dinners. We're basically doing normal things like on the show. It's not like you're going to be in any of the you know, the cat fights or whatever.
Speaker 3: Nah, definitely not.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I've been on my best behavior this because i feel like I'm in a really good place, like in my personal life. My kids are doing great, I'm happy. So I feel like I'm probably better like on the show. Like maybe not better for the show because I'm not as crazy, but I'm better on the show because I feel like it's just like I'm in a more like zen state of mind.
Speaker 3: I love that. Well.
Speaker 1: I think that's a wrap for this episode of Separation Anxiety. Make sure you follow us on ig at Separation Underscore Anxiety Underscore podcast, and thanks for kicking it with us.
Speaker 2: Love you guys, Bye Peace,