Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: All right, fine, we'll do it.
Speaker 4: Welcome INSI Good Morning Football live in La New York and Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday, February twenty fifth. I'm Jamie Ertall. Here's mantay Toe. Peter Schrager packing his bag. He's probably got his rollie with him in the studio there. He is headed to the Combine today and we'll see him from Indianapolis the rest of the week. And of course, Cody Kessler back in the hot seat. You former USC quarterback drafted by the Cleveland Browns. How's life? How are you quarterbacking the show right now?
Speaker 5: It's been a lot of fun. I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 6: Day one was awesome. Day two I feel a little more settled in right. It's like yesterday was the first day school. Yeah, and I got my outfit picked out. Everything was good. Now the second day, I'm making some friends.
Speaker 3: I'm getting comfortable.
Speaker 6: But now I love talking football, so I could do.
Speaker 5: It forever, right, shregs. Welcome to the lunch table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love being here.
Speaker 7: Cody, You've been awesome. Manti of course you've been fantastic. Yesterday, Cody Kessler showed us his combine footage where he had these lime green fluorescent shoes that he was throwing in baggy shorts, big baggy shirt, just throwing dimes and dots all over the field. Cody, where are those lime green shoes that you wore at the combine in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: Shregs, You're gonna love this.
Speaker 6: So not only do I have lime green, I have like a hot orange type color undramer ones. I have some other So when you're going through the combine, Mantile.
Speaker 5: Will tell you.
Speaker 6: They just start sending you stuff right when you're training at a different place for whatever reason. When I was coming out of college, and it was right around twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, Neon was the vibe. Everyone was doing Neon. So the green plates to orange. We had hot pink. We had a yellow, like a highlighter yellow.
Speaker 5: So you let me know, Shregs, what you want.
Speaker 6: I'm a size fourteen, so I'm a little bigger than the twelve.
Speaker 5: We can make it work.
Speaker 6: Just put a couple pairs of socks on and you can fit right in them.
Speaker 3: I love it, dude.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: We always want to be able to find Peter in a crowd and with me, choose that will do it. Let's go to Indianapolis. We saw some of that vintage footage from Manti and Cody yesterday. But guys are trying to make a name for themselves this week ahead of the NFL scouting combine. Those are the tight ends they are beginning to report as well. On the right side, you are seeing tight end number fifteen. That is Colston Loveland out of Michigan. He is Peter Scheger's number nine on his top ten list. We revealed six through ten last hour, and we will be waiting on baited breath for five through one tomorrow Tom Pellasero. Until then, let's check in on some of the big names that may or may not be participating. Can we start in the Big ten with the Penn State star Abdul Carter and how his shoulder injury might be affecting his combine training.
Speaker 8: Jamie Abdul Carter is not going to be participating here at the combine. Doctor Daniel Cooper, who's a noted medical expert, examined his shoulder that he injured back in the Boise State game. Recently, Cooper sate letter to team saying he will be cleared in time to participate in Penn State's pro day at the end of March, but not going to be out there this week at the Combine. Now, that's not entirely unusual either for top prospects to not to end up participating in the on field drills here in Indianapolis. Another one that you can add to the list, Ashton Genty, the Boise State running back. He's also going to wait for his pro day. Shador Sanders of course opted out of participating here in the Combine. But we've got a lot of the other top prospects that are going to be out here. Will Campbell, Can I interest you in an offensive lineman who's going to put up really cool numbers?
Speaker 3: He's going to be out here.
Speaker 8: There's going to be a three hundred plus prospects all working out. It all begins on Thursday, right here on NFL Network.
Speaker 4: Jamie, All right, Tom, what about the quarterbacks? I feel like we can't have a conversation between you and I without saying somebody's name that throws a football on what we care about this weekend? So those guys work out on Saturday. Any enlightening information you want to share with us just right now?
Speaker 8: Well, Jamie the top quarterback prospect for a lot of people. Miami's cam Ward is undecided. I am told participating here at the scouting combine. He has been doing combine type workouts. He's been preparing as if he is going to go through a throwing session, but still deciding exactly what he intends to do this week. Quarterbacks are arriving in town today, so I would anticipate those decisions are going to be made relatively soon. As for the rest of the quarterbacks other than Shador Sanders, I anticipate all of them throwing out here this week. That includes Texas when yours, who was beat up last season he had a tornal bleak initially separate.
Speaker 2: In the Michigan game.
Speaker 8: Dealt with that more or less the entire season. He is healthy now and told he's up to about two hundred and fifteen pounds. He's been watching tape with Mike McCarthy this week preparing for his interviews at the combine. McCarthy had nothing but good things to say about twin yours, who's going to get his opportunity to show should he be QB three? Could he even be QB two? The lot on the line here in Indianapolis. Jackson Dart is also going to throw here at the combine. Riley Leonard from Notre Dame is going to be a participant. Jalen Milroe from Alabama. A lot of big names college football that you watched on Saturdays getting their opportunities show they belong on Sundays. All starts here in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Jam Tom, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Next segment on GMTP, Cody Kessler, whether or not they are participating in the combine. He's going to break down some of those quarterbacks that Tom just named, So stay tuned on GMTP until then. Let's stick with the offensive side of the ball. We're going to have some names that we're going to throw at the board, Peter, pick a quarterback, pick a running back. Let's go around the table and just kick around some of these names, Peter, that you are hearing about and you want to enlighten people on I want.
Speaker 7: To talk Jackson Dart. Hey, he's got a very cool name, Jackson Dart. His brother's name is Diesel Dart, so I think that's one of the two coolest names you can imagine. But Jackson darts story is interesting. He was the National Gatorade Player of the Year coming out of high school, and he committed to USC, played a year at USC, and then he transferred to Ole Miss, where for the past three seasons he's been their primary starter and has been electric. In the last two years they went eleven and two and ten and three, and Jackson Dart was the starting quarterback and a loaded SEC. And this guy put up huge, huge numbers four two and seventy nine yards this year. Twenty nine touchdowns, just six interceptions. You're talking about forty two hundred yards through the air, passes like that, thrown off the back foot, and he's got the bill. This is a six foot two quarterback. He's got the size. I have long been a Jackson Dart fan. I remember when he was coming out of high school, so I've always been charting his career. And you talk about ward and Sanders as like one to two and then this big drapa.
Speaker 3: I don't see it that way.
Speaker 7: It could be Warden Sanders and Dark could be your third first round quarterback.
Speaker 3: I am a Jackson Dart fan.
Speaker 7: And I love the fact that he went to the Senior Bowl, competed at the Senior Bowl, and is now at the Combine. Is competing at the Combine. A similar guy like that last year was Bo Nix, who had this great college career, was overlooked in the whole pre draft process going in. Then he's like, you know what, I'm gonna do the Senior Bowl, I'm gonna do the Combine. I'm gonna excel, and I'm gonna meet with these teams and they might like what they see. Jackson Dart has been a five star recruit every day of his life and has been that guy at every.
Speaker 3: Program he's been at.
Speaker 7: Why now as he suddenly being overlooked and not considered a first round pick, We'll see if he could change that narrative. As for running back, it's a totally different story from me, I go to running back.
Speaker 3: I'm going to the University of Iowa, and I'm going.
Speaker 7: With Caleb Johnson, the running back who didn't really get an opportunity to be a star until this year.
Speaker 3: Caleb Johnson gets on the field, that's.
Speaker 7: Basically a first year starter this year, and he comes out there and he runs for more than fifteen hundred yards. He is on a list of very few players in the Big Ten who have had fifteen hundred yards and the touchdowns that he had in the Big Ten twenty one rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That list is Jonathan Taylor, JK.
Speaker 7: Dobbins, and Ezekiel Elliott, those guys who went second round, second round, first round. Now, I know this is not the same type of prospect as Jenty out of Boise State, or Hampton out of North Carolina, or even the two Ohio State running backs right now, but just watch this.
Speaker 3: Watch out this guy stock rises. I think we will relate to.
Speaker 7: Him because he wasn't a big name going into this season. But I think Caleb Johnson at his size two hundred and twenty pounds.
Speaker 3: Six feet like a big running back who can carry the rock.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be shocked if Caleb Johnson leaps up those running back lists and is suddenly the third fourth running back taken after some of the bigger name guys. Big Caleb Johnson fan Big Jackson Dart fan. And they will both be out there this weekend competing, which is something I really like to see.
Speaker 6: Like Jamie mentioned, I'll talk a little more quarterbacks later on in the show. But the guy that I'm going with in this segment is quarterback Dylan Gabriel from Oregon. I just I think he's a very good quarterback. He gets overlooked as well, kind of in that Jackson Dark category. For me, Gabriel is at his best when he can sit in the pocket, when he can go through progression, when he can go one, two to three to four, throw the football way if it's not there, or find his checkdown.
Speaker 5: That's when he's his most comfortable.
Speaker 6: Right He's very accurate with the football two percent completions percentage a year ago at Oregon in the Big Ten, a lot of very good defenses, a lot of very good pass rushers in that conference.
Speaker 5: So he did a great job there. But this is where he's going to.
Speaker 6: Excel in the combine because he's going to be out there maybe some lime green creek please, we'll see, but he's going to be in shorts and a T shirt and he's throwing routes on their right. That's where he can go out there and show off his accuracy. But what I want to see from him this week and take that next step where teams are going to go okay. I'm really intrigued about this guy his ability to push the football down the field.
Speaker 5: And that's not just deep ball accuracy.
Speaker 6: Right, when we say push the ball down the field, talk about arms strength, We think how far can you throw the goball? Can you throw at seventy eighty can you do the Joe Milton from a year ago and you know, almost hit the top there in Lucas Soil Stadium. I want to see him be able to push a football down the field on some of these deep incuts, right when there's a tight window and you've got to throw a twenty yard en route, when you've got to throw a comeback from the opposite hash to the opposite sideline and Manti, that doesn't just mean that I'm going to go out there and gun it as hard as I can and put all my power into it. You can time it up with anticipatory throws.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: What that means is is if I'm going to go out there and throw it and there's a guy with a strong arm that's going to throw it at three seconds, I'm going to throw it at two point eight seconds. I'm gonna get it out early with a little bit of air so the ball is there in the right time. I don't need it to be a muscle throw every time, but he needs to show off that he can make those down the field throws with the incuts, the outcuts, the rhythm throws to the opposite sideline. If these teams really want to take him serious about being a potential backup, even a starter in the NFL. I think he has all the intangibles. He's just got to take that next step.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Looking at the running backs, a guy and Peter kind of mentioned those Ohio State tandem. With those two guys, the one I'm looking at is Trevon Henderson.
Speaker 5: I think he is one of, if.
Speaker 6: Not the best running backs in this class outside of Ashton Gent. He is so good with the football in his hands. He had a thousand yards as a freshman. He's continues to get better. Right, He's a very good player. We saw how good he is in the College Football Playoff. We saw he has that breakaway speed. He can catch the football out of the backfield. I think that's going to help him in the combine because we're going to see routes on air with the running backs, and when you're an offensive coordinator, and you have a running back that can catch out of the backfield, you start rubbing your hands together and saying, I can use this guy on third down, I can use him in checkdowns. I can find him in Manda Man situations. Get him out of the backfield. He can take advantage there to extend play. He's also a very good pass blocker, one of the best in the combine. And that's going to excite a lot of these offensive coordinators. And the final thing, and I think the most important, he protects the football. Only two fumbles and four years at Ohio State. The last one was against Maryland and twenty twenty two. If you protect the football, you protect the team. If I've been on some offensive coordinator, I'm looking at Trevon Henderson this week.
Speaker 9: That's cool. When I walked in this morning to the makeup room, I saw Jamie shoes.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, and Jamie.
Speaker 9: I saw the two g's on there, And anybody knows that type of luxury, it's it's it's those are fancy too. But Jamie had the two g's on her feet, and that's the Gucci, that's the Gucci brand. Now, the two guys that I have, they have two g's two. I call him the guts and grit clue.
Speaker 3: You could have just gone there, Jamie, Come on.
Speaker 2: You know that was awesome.
Speaker 9: So my quarterback is obviously Riley Leonard for obvious reasons, Notre Dame quarterback. He led us to the national championship. Now, he's not going to wall you with stats. He's not going to go out there and throw for four hundred three hundred yards.
Speaker 2: But this guy's a winner. He's a competitor.
Speaker 9: When you watched him in that semi final against Georgia, you watch him die for a first down a third and seven.
Speaker 2: I think it was This guy just does everything he can to win.
Speaker 9: And that's the type of guys that I want to surround myself with. Now he's over there in Mobile, Alabama, working out with QB Country, who trained Drake May, Boenix and Arch Manning, And according to an NFL scout who watched him train, his arm is looking scary. So I want to see what scary looks like in this NFL combine when he's out there throwing routes to people.
Speaker 2: Now, my running back, I love this guy.
Speaker 9: He epitomizes guts, he epitomizes glory. His name is bow Scataboo from Arizona State Sun Devil.
Speaker 2: I love ball it scamming bowl Scatabuo can scatabool.
Speaker 9: This guy in that playoff game against Texas, he threw up, came back and threw a forty two yard touchdown and ran for two hundred and twenty seven toty yards.
Speaker 10: And two rushing touchdowns. This guy says running back on the.
Speaker 2: Depth chart, but he's just a ball player.
Speaker 10: He wants to win, and he epitomizes the.
Speaker 9: Quote that says your best ability is availability. He's going to be available wherever you want him to play, He's going to play. He reminds me of Craig Reynolds from the Detroit Lions. He's just a cultural piece. And so these are the two guys I call him Magucci guys.
Speaker 2: The two g's guts and grit. That's my guys.
Speaker 4: Very good man, sai I. Kyle Brandt is very appreciative that you brought up camp Scautabo.
Speaker 5: He loves z thatch guy.
Speaker 4: So we always have to yell his name.
Speaker 5: And I love how you go.
Speaker 4: An NFL scouts saw Riley Leonard throwing as if you couldn't just call somebody a notre name and be like, hey, how's Rolly Leonard looking?
Speaker 5: You have to go NFL scouts saw him.
Speaker 2: That's NFL scout guys. It gets more validity inside source. Come on, I'm just can.
Speaker 7: I give a fun Cam Scatterbo story from Super Bowl Week?
Speaker 3: So I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm at an event during Super Bowl Week, gets down there in New Orleans and Joe Burrow is about ten feet away, and I, you know, tip my cap to Burrow. He their acknowledges, doesn't acknology.
Speaker 3: He looks at me. It's fine. A fin girled out.
Speaker 7: When I saw Cam Scattabo ten feet away and I ran them like, Cam Scattabo, you vomited on the field against Texas.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: And he's like yeah, and we took a photo. It's the only photo I took all week long was with Cam Scattabo.
Speaker 3: I love that kid. He's awesome, His dad is awesome. And Joe Burrows whatever. Cam Scattabo was the guy, Peter, what's Scatabo like in person?
Speaker 4: Just like build wise, Like he walks up and you're like that guy's a bowling ball, he's a running back, Like, what's the what's his mouse.
Speaker 7: Yes, all the traps.
Speaker 6: You got a good running back, a good linebacker. When there's no neck, that's what you know that they're not afraid to run over exactly.
Speaker 5: It's scataboo.
Speaker 4: And the rest of the running backs, we're gonna see them work out this weekend. And of course all those quarterbacks, which by the way, we are going to talk about next with Cody Kessler. It's like staring straight into the sun. You gotta look at quarterbacks when it comes to the NFL scouting combine Cody Kessler of USC, of the Cleveland Browns time in the NFL time and the call game. Now you're broadcasting with your alma mater, so you know the college level. Well, you know these guys that are going to work out this weekend. Let's walk through some quarterbacks. Some names that we may see participate this weekend, we might not, but it's just good to stay aware. Cam Ward still undecided.
Speaker 2: Let's start with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would love to see cam throw. I think he can help himself if he does go out there and throw. And then the biggest thing for me is his arm talent is off the charts, right. You love putting on the tape and watching him make all those off angle throws. He'll throw off a platform, He'll throw falling away. He can get side arm, he can get over the top, he can throw guys open right. It does a great job of finding different windows that maybe aren't there. But he also needs to work with his feet a little bit too.
Speaker 5: He can kind of throw falling away that hurts him.
Speaker 6: Sometimes he can fall off that can really hurt him with his accuracy with his timing. But overall, he is a quarterback that can always make those superhero type plays right now.
Speaker 5: I talked yesterday about.
Speaker 6: He needs to learn when it's time to be Superman and when it's okay to be Clark Kinton. That's something if he can get with the right coach, with the right offensive coordinator, he can really excel at the next level. Because if I'm an offensive coordinator and I have a guy like cam Ward, I'm going out there call and shot play after shot play after shot play. I want to push the football down the field and be explosive, but I need to trust it. You're going to protect me as a play caller and know that it's okay to throw a check down or throw it away. Instead of going, you know, getting out of your progression too quickly, trying to make that superhero play, and then you get in trouble and then we cast some turnover.
Speaker 4: It was always fun this season to hear like the rumors and reports of what GM or coach was at cam Ward's games trying to prepare for the NFL Draft. We always know that there was a GM or a coach at this guy's game. Shaudur sanders well because of his dad oftentimes.
Speaker 5: But what does should Dour bring to the table.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Shador is the most complete quarterback in my opinion in this draft. He has the poise, he's calm, he's cool, he's collected. If you watch the tape, he never gets rattle. He does a great job of going through progression. He knows his limitations. He knows he's not going to take off and hurt you with his feat. He is not a dual threat quarterback. He can take off and pick up a first down if needed. But he does such a great job of not panicking going through progression. And he took a lot of hits at Colorado forty three sacks. Colorado gave up a year ago, which was one hundred and twenty six in college football, mind you, there's one hundred and thirty three teams, so they strug in protecting him. Now where he can help himself with some of that, and he can be a little bit of the issue as he does get off off his spot when he drops back, and what I mean by that is he'll drift a little to the right, he'll drift a little to the left. You wantnecessarily close a gap with your right tackle with your left tackle. Your offensive lineman will tell you, I need to be at your launch point, which is in the middle of the pocket, so that I know that I can push a defender by you can step up and make a play. And the other thing I think he needs to work on sometimes is knowing his limitations when he's on the run. Sometimes he'll lose a little velocity when he throws the football trying to whirl to his right roll to his left.
Speaker 5: He gets in trouble.
Speaker 6: You can't get away with those throws in the NFL, and I had to learn that the hard way. Yeah, in fall camp, even in rookie mini camp, those guys will make those plays. But I think he's going to continue to develop and he's going to be a top quarterback in this year's draft.
Speaker 4: One of these next guys Peter covered a segment ago, but his name is like all NFL at this point, Jackson Dart already no matter where you go, you have an awesome name and we love it. Two SEC quarterbacks that you want.
Speaker 6: To talk about, Yeah, Jackson Dart. That was Peter brought it up. He was at USC. I wish we were able to keep him at USC, but obviously he went to all mess with Lang kip In, one of my old coaches, and he excel at the highest level.
Speaker 5: Peter said exactly.
Speaker 6: What I was thinking and what I've been saying about Jackson Dart this whole process. He can have a bow Knicks type of a sind in this draft right last year and Peter's defense, we were giving him a hard time yesterday. Why was bow Knicks not in your top ten? Well, that's because at this point, and I'll put my hand up, no one had bow Nicks inside their top ten, top twenty.
Speaker 5: Maybe even top thirty.
Speaker 6: The age thing was a factor, was his game in a transition to the NFL.
Speaker 5: Same thing with Jackson Dart a little bit. They didn't call it for a while.
Speaker 6: But if he can go out there and crush the combine, crush the interviews, which I know he will with Lang Tiffin in the offensive mind that he is, he can really jump up some of these draft boards, and like Peter said, I would be surprised if we see him as a high end potentially middle of the first round draft pick when it's all said and done. The other guy from the SEC for me, as Quinn Ewers, we forget how talented he is because of the controversy this year in Texas a strange year, and he got hurt, he went out, he struggled a little bit.
Speaker 5: Arch Manning comes in, they.
Speaker 6: Go back and forth, and there's some controversy about take Quinn out. You could see him lose his confidence right when I know what quarterback loses their confidence is when they get a little bit of a trigger shot, right. They don't want to pull the trigger. They hesitate, They're not going through their progression quite as quickly as they can.
Speaker 5: They're worried about forcing the throws. They don't want to make that mistake.
Speaker 6: If Whenewers can get back to the confident type of player we've seen from him in years past, I really think he can jump up and fight with Jackson dark for that third overall spot.
Speaker 2: All right, that's really cool.
Speaker 4: A couple more quarterbacks, I don't know, dark horse guys, sleeper guys. There's a bunch of kind of cheesy terms. But that doesn't mean that we're not going to want to be paying attention to them on Saturday because we might hear their names or we will hear their names at.
Speaker 2: The end of April.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so right now, rit four. I was fighting with myself where to go? I went five A, five B, five seats, right, you know, normally to one segment.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 6: But the dark horses, for me, guys that I think are going to be in that fifth spot, they can pentionally be their first one from you is Will Howard. If he continues to have the progress that he's had at the end of the season they shore that he did have at the end of the season going on to win the national championship. He can really do that and I'm excited to watch him take that to the next level.
Speaker 5: We also learned under Chip Kelly. Yeah, so if the Raiders at.
Speaker 6: That sixth spot, maybe don't take a quarterback, don't trade up. Could they find Will Howard in later rounds. It's yet to be seen. But what he did so well in something Drew Brees made a living of was being accurate and knowing and trusting the playmakers around you. I didn't have to do too much. I'm going to get the ball to the playmakers around me and let them do the rest. As an offensive coordinator, I love that because he's not going to.
Speaker 5: Put the ball in harm's way.
Speaker 6: He's going to be accurate, throw those drag routes, throw those over routes, and let your receivers and your playmakers do the rest. The next guy for me is Jaln Milroe. He is, in my opinion, one of not only as a quarterback, one of the best athletes in this draft. Now the question mark is where do you put him? Where's he going to get drafted, Where's he going to fit in? He is last consistency a little bit as a thrower. He'll make some throws when you watch the tape and I went back watched a couple of his games where you see one of you goose that's a NFL Sunday level throw. He can make that throw. Then I'll come back and have a couple that he misses with his footwork being off, not cleaning up, his pocket presence a little bit, a little quick to take off and run. So if he can clean up all those things and become a little bit better of a pocket passer, I really think he can jump up. And I've seen some draft boards that have him around that two three spot. I'm not surprised with that.
Speaker 5: They're just a big hit.
Speaker 6: But if he can develop and take that next step, and then the last guy for me and I think helped his draft stock the most this year was Colin McCord from Syracuse, right, and then.
Speaker 5: Kind of took some of that pressure off him.
Speaker 6: He was a little bit of a forgotten name leaving Ohio State, going to Syracuse, not playing in the Big Ten, and not really on that national stage a whole lot. When you put the tape on his arm is as good as anybody, yeah right now in college level. It's just he got overshadowed a little bit being a Syracuse And then when you watched that Bowl game, he made a huge statement in that game saying, hey, I'm still here, I can fight for that this spot. I can be a top five quarterback maybe a Day two pick. I can fight in that second and third round. But if he continues to take advantage of this offseason, of this pre draft period, those are three guys for me, they could fight in that fifth spot. And look, I don't know, Peter. I'd love to hear your opinion because I can't remember in recent history, and I went back and looked at some of the drafts after one and two, and I guess Dart can maybe fit in that third spot. But after that, I am just I'm lost. Right now, we're to put four, five, six, and seven. I'll go out to the seventh guy. So I'd love to hear your guys in opinion. But those are my thoughts on those guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, a couple of years ago, there was no quarterback taken in the first nineteen picks. Can he Pickett win at number twenty? And then it was like, okay, we'll LEVI a second round. Maybe we've had years like this. Look, kim Ward is an elite prospect, Shador Sanders is Dart we think might go first round. But you just mentioned three different names that are going to be able to impress people this weekend Saturday when they're competing. I will ask you about a player though, which comes with a lot more than just the player and the skill. Shador Sanders obviously, Dion Sun feel like it's a sensitive topic when anyone criticizes or puts a flaw out on his name. I've seen people say he's a second round prospect to others.
Speaker 3: Saying they like him more than cam Ward.
Speaker 7: Objectively, you get to watch these guys, Cody, what do you think on Shador Sanders the football player, but also the total package that comes with him, knowing that he is Deon's kid, and who knows there might be more that comes with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Shador is by far the most intriguing quarterback prospect in my opinion in this draft. Because I'm with you, I can see and I can understand him being a second round pick, but I can also understand him being the first quarterback taken off.
Speaker 5: Of the board. And what I said earlier was that him being.
Speaker 6: The most polished quarterback in my opinion, is just a pocket passer, right, A guy that can sit there and throw a whole shot, or throw a bendor route right that over cover too and throw it over the middle. A guy that can go through progression, the guy that can protect the football. He knows what it takes to have pressure in his face standing there and make those throws.
Speaker 5: And normally when you're.
Speaker 6: Drafted higher up, you don't have the luxury of going to a team with a solidified offensive line. That's one of my former Trojans, Taylor Williams, about that. He took some hits this year. But the thing for me, Peter that I think is going to separate him the most is that when he went to Colorado, and I know everyone talks about Travis him, which they absolutely should. He's a phenomenal player, but Colorado isn't where they are today without Shador Sanders at quarterback. I truly believe that he knows what it takes to turn a program around, and scouts, you're going to look at that and say, okay, well you're going to a team getting drafted as high as you can be that is struggling right now, that needs a turnaround. He knows how to go there and face adversity and get Colorado like you know, or get Calido to where it is today when he left. I think he can do the same thing in the NFL. Give him the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Cody.
Speaker 9: I identified a quarterback notting Fighten, Irish quarterback that I really like him, Riley Leonard. Tell me what about Oh what about Riley's Riley Leonard's game transitions well over to the NFL, And what are things that he could work on that can help him improve himself as a quarterback and maybe maybe be behind Sightka.
Speaker 2: Why isn't he on your list?
Speaker 6: I was about to say, I'm glad you went there, because I was. As soon as you said Riley Leonard, I was like, why is he not on your list?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 5: Right now? Manti?
Speaker 6: I saw him playing person. He is a phenomenal athlete. I don't think he gets enough credit as a dual threat as a runner. You know him and Jeremiah love the running back in Notre Dame. They came to the coliseum and ran all over us, and he's just such a great He has great pocket presence, but he knows when to take off and he knows when to throw it right. He's not just sitting there and all right, I'm gonna take off and run after my first reads out there. He does a great job of that. He just seems to develop as a passer for me, and that starts with this footwork.
Speaker 5: If he can get.
Speaker 6: Better with, you know, throwing in rhythm, three hitch step, up standing rhythm, going through progression.
Speaker 5: Don't you know when you're a quarterback and.
Speaker 6: You start panicking a little bit, you start going your feet before your eyes and what that means is is my feearre going over the place and I don't know what I'm reading. If you can go is to one right, then ises of two feet follow and you're comfortable in rhythm, which something that I think he can develop the right way in the right place, he can be a very good quarterback.
Speaker 5: But if he can get that down and.
Speaker 6: Improve on that, I don't see why you won't be a starter one day, or even a solid backup in the NFL with you know, the potential to become a starter.
Speaker 4: Cody is really good stuff. I'm just laughing because you told us yesterday like I had to decide between coaching and doing television, and you're crushing the television thing. Well whatever, you just said, eyes to one, eyes.
Speaker 2: To two feet fallow.
Speaker 4: I was like, Okay, maybe you can also coach.
Speaker 3: On the side a little bit.
Speaker 6: It's the old saying of eyes before feet right. You can't throw what you can't see. You can't throw to what you can't see. I always tell my young quarteras. I used to actually train some younger quarterbacks back in Bigger so I went back and helped out. But I always tell him, if I'm a right hand or throwing to the left, I'm not just going to swing my feet and throw it.
Speaker 5: There is proof in the pudding. You've got to go through progression. You've got to trust what you see.
Speaker 6: My eyes are at one, I just go to two, then I reset as a three reset, then I make the throw, and then I move on. I should have done with the football out there. I could have got into the hole fire and the hips and yeah, back drill and all of that.
Speaker 4: But then those young guys just look at Patrick Mahomes like, but he's not.
Speaker 3: He's thrown the things he can't see.
Speaker 5: He does it.
Speaker 3: Why can't I?
Speaker 5: Sorry, Patrick Mahomes is the as.
Speaker 10: Yeah, guys, if you know anything about me, you know that my blood runs blue and gold. But there was a time where I used to rep the cardinal end gold.
Speaker 2: Well, yesterday we found out that Cody here.
Speaker 9: Being a USC quarterback, used to root for the Irish.
Speaker 10: So what we're gonna do today was there gonna make play a little game, a big on if, a big what if. Disclaimer, we love our schools, okay, but this is a great three on three game where I'm gonna I'm gonna state three players that I watched growing up, three USC players, and Cody is gonna do his three top notre dame players that he watched growing up. So for me, number three on my list now it's I don't know how Cody's gonna beat this guy. His name is Junior Seau now Junior Seou in the Polynesian culture, in the Saomo and household, was one of those guys that we just watched. He was one of the pilgrims here, was one of the pioneers, that guy that blaze the trail for a lot of people like me.
Speaker 2: I watched Junior Sau growing up.
Speaker 9: I heard about him at USC office watching his Hall of Fame career.
Speaker 2: In San Diego with the Chargers.
Speaker 10: He is somebody that when you think about football, when you think about linebacker, when you think about greatness, it's it just comes hand in hand.
Speaker 9: With Junior Sales. So that's my number three I'm going to pass it over to Cody. Cody, I don't know how you're going to top that, but who's your number three.
Speaker 5: I'm sticking with defense as well.
Speaker 6: But the first thing I will say before I get into that another disclaimer for me. I am Cardinal and gold all the way. Fight on. Please Trojans do not come for me on Twitter. I promise you. I came to my senses. They're going to ended up going to USC So this is in the past before you know. I became a Trojan. But I'm going defense. So I'm going Tom Zivikowski I was and two and one will make a little bit more sense about how I got to know Tom Zvikowski watching him, But he was such a fun player to watch. He played safety. He also took punts back. He was part of the reason that I wore that three bar face mask. I threw a visor on it as well. For those who don't know, I played a little safety back in high school. I played a little safety back in middle school as well. Had the hitting end of the week t.
Speaker 5: Shirt, Manti.
Speaker 6: You would like to know that I got came out there and laid the wood on one of the hits and got one of the T shirts they sent me from the whole town Bakersfield Sports. But yeah, I'm going tons. Zibakalsio on number three. Also a great boxer. Great, we'd go out there and tear it up on the field and then go beat you up in the parking lot after if he said.
Speaker 9: Some stuff great boxer game there there's a picture of him at noted game. We have this thing called Bengal Bolts where you can go ou there and box, and Zibio is one of those guys that would participate in the Bengal Bolts a lot.
Speaker 2: Great. That's round one.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: The guy who really changed for me college football and football in general, in my opinion, the greatest college football player in the history of college football, Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush to me when I saw this man play, I remember watching him when he came to Hawaiian and they played the University of Juii Adaloha Stadium, and I watched him live. I was probably the only Hawaiian in the sea of green T shirts that was wearing the cardinal and Golden.
Speaker 5: I was at that game right there too.
Speaker 9: By the way, he is just somebody that growing up helped me to dream bigger and watching him in.
Speaker 2: All of his highlights.
Speaker 9: We talked yesterday about the Fresno State game, how iconic that was so for me. Number two on my list was Reggie Bush. Now I always like, man who's number one after Reggie?
Speaker 2: But before we.
Speaker 9: Get to number one on my list, Cody, who do you have is number two on your list?
Speaker 6: I'm going to quarterback here. This is where we started getting quarterback heavy. I'm going with Brady Quinn at number two, right, and I watched again number one. Will makes sense about how I know these older guys. This is a little bit before I got to high school, in my time.
Speaker 5: And growing up a little bit.
Speaker 6: But Brady Quinn was a guy I went to watch Brady Quinn as well live in the colseume at that game. I watched him play a little bit at Notre Dame. A lot of fun to watch a quarterback that I like to model my game. After a little bit, you know, ended up going in the draft.
Speaker 5: We both went to Cleveland.
Speaker 6: We had a little bit of a shared experience there, but Brady Quinn was my number two, a guy that I liked watch, right, you know, being a quarterback someone that I looked up.
Speaker 2: To a little bit.
Speaker 9: Now, Brady Quinn. I love Brady Quinn. I mean that guy at two thousand and five. I mean we talked about the bush push.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 9: He was a quarterback for a Notre Dame during that game.
Speaker 2: And he's just somebody that.
Speaker 9: Really helps the Notre Dame athletes financially, helps him to see life beyond football.
Speaker 2: So you know, shout out.
Speaker 9: To Brady all right, last, but not least, Now, this guy I have a personal relationship with. He's He's a big brother of mine. Actually named my son after him. It is the one, the only Troy Polamalo, Troy Polamalu. You know the hair, you know all all of the fantastic, iconic plays that he's made as a Steeler.
Speaker 2: I've watched this guy make plays since he wore the cardinal and gold.
Speaker 9: His humility about him, just who he is as a person, what he means, what he means to his his his kids, as a father. He's everything I hope to be in a man, And before I even knew him personally, I hope to be him.
Speaker 2: As a football player.
Speaker 9: So I had to end it off with Troy Polamalu. I love Troy, and I'm excited to see who your number one is, Cody, Who's your number one?
Speaker 6: I gotta say that real quick though, Troy, Paula mal So I played you know, Kennedy Paulamlo. I think that's his uncle, correct, Ye played for coach Paula Malo.
Speaker 5: He was one of my favorite coaches.
Speaker 6: He was he had that hard nose attitude about him, a running back coach. I spent a lot of time with him as a quarterback when we were there at USC. But my number one, a good friend of mine to this day, is quarterback Jim. And now it makes sense a little bit. Let me tell the backstory. When I was in middle school, right, you'd always look at those rivals dot Com and ESPN. Who was the top guy? Who was the highest rated quarterback? Jimmy classon was that dude, right? He was the guy that everyone looked up to. He wore the headband. And I don't even if he knows the story. I'll send him this and he's probably gonna get a kick out of it. But he wore the head band in high school. So then I started wearing the head band and took it to my high school. They still wear it to this day there and they call it the Cody headband. They don't know that I got it from Jimmy. Now they do. But Jimmy Warden in high school, iighly as a guy. I thought he was just he was a guy that I wanted to be. I wanted to be the number one quarterback in the recruiting class. I wanted to be, you know, that guy that came up and was going to get to go to Notre Dame, right or have all these offers. Unfortunately, Notre Dame actually never offered me. So man, Tau, you can talk to them about that. But ended up going to USC. But yeah, I know, shout out to him. I've got my guy, Jimmy Closs and so I talked to him this day. I just saw him with the Notre Dame USC game this year. Loved the dude. He's awesome. But yeah, that was what really started me, or what really started my fandom of becoming a Notre Dame fan. And that's how I got to know Brady Quinn because at the time I knew Jimmy was going to Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: So I went and watched.
Speaker 6: Quinn was a quarterback then and then also, Tom Zbikowski is back there hitting people in returning punts.
Speaker 10: I love it, brother, what a great game. Let's let's let's turn over to the screen. Let's see our picks.
Speaker 2: How we stack up against each other.
Speaker 10: Obviously I got Junior say Oh number three, Reggie number two, Troy number one, Cody, you have Zibby, Brady Quinn number two, and Jimmy Clauson.
Speaker 2: So what a game? Now?
Speaker 9: Before we start, Now, before we go to sister Jamie, can we switch sides.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to be clear, let me be clear before before the Notre Dame Irish come after me too. I'm not saying top three Notre Dame players of all time. These were the Notre Dame players we need to become a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we watched.
Speaker 5: I don't want anyone to come out here.
Speaker 4: I saw your face and you couldn't have your mic boat. There was one name, I think it was Abakowski. When he hit Toms of Bakowski, you were like.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was awesome.
Speaker 7: I mean and also went to the Ravens and was like a punt returner who never called for a fair catch, just wanted to pain, wanted to just take every Zibakowski was like.
Speaker 3: Notre Dame in that era.
Speaker 7: I want to ask both these guys if I say a name. This is so deep cut, but like it says, like, what do you got on matt Levechio? What do you got on Matt Levechio? Can you give me anything?
Speaker 3: This was a Notre Dame quarterback my generation, my.
Speaker 2: Race to Peter's generation.
Speaker 3: This was this was like the number one prospect. He was the quarterback of Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 7: But when you start going down the list of names like Jimmy Clausen and you go down and you start talking Brady Quinn.
Speaker 3: There is a golden era of Notre Dame quarterbacks. Lovecchio was in there as well.
Speaker 4: All right, can we do a little memory tracer to November twenty fourth, twenty twelve, the only time Mantai and Cody were on the field at the same time. You did not play in this game, but there is a I don't want to, I don't want to make fun of Max Wittek, but like, what was going on.
Speaker 5: That day that helped you out? Yeah? So so Max and I are still good friends. Love the guy.
Speaker 6: It's one of those things, those awkward things in college, right, you guys, we both sat behind Matt Barkley.
Speaker 3: Okay, hung out a lot.
Speaker 6: When Matt left, we got into an open quarterback competition that actually got hurt that year. So Max Whitty goes in and we're playing against Notre Dame. I told Manti jokingly that he picked off witting in that game. So he helped me in an open quarterback competition the following offseason. And then, like I said, Max is a great guy. We're good friends. But yeah, I know it was. It was awesome and wish we got thee we got to play that game. I had to wait another year to become the starter, but yeah, I looked up the Mantai as well.
Speaker 5: As a player at Notre Dame.
Speaker 6: I was again, always a diehard Trojan I always will be forever. But there is a little soft spot in my heart for the Notre Dame firing Irish because it kind of got me into football.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 6: And the big part of that was Jimmy Clauston.
Speaker 4: We're entering blue blood's territory with March Madness next month, but these two schools definitely blue bloods category when it comes to college football. Good job you too, Cody Cluster manthideo Here, a.
Speaker 2: Stringer with the what was that guy?
Speaker 6: Matt I got one more honorable mention Jeff some margin, Jeff
Speaker 3: Yeah No,