Speaker 1: Oh hey, there, it's me Jack. You've caught me unwinding, enjoying a large goblet of delicious eggnog, untangling my brain, gaining five to fifteen pounds of eggnog while we unwind. Here at Daily Zeitgeist, in addition to publishing our normal year end episodes and Santa's University, etc. We've decided to take the opportunity to count down the top ten episodes of the year published over the next ten days. The ten days that will be off Monday through Friday, two weeks in a row. How Jack, how did you guys determine the top ten episodes? They were all equally incredible. Well, we used a little something called democracy. Ever heard of it? Depending on when you listen to this episode, that might not be such a rhetorical question. But anyways, we let you vote on the most listened to episodes of the year to see what you liked best. And you're about to hear your answers. Just ten bangers right in a row. We've got a trending episode in the mix. We got a lot of good ones and at number one, well, let's just say you'll find out, especially if this is the number one episode we're putting this same bumper at the start of all ten, so we hope you enjoy it. We hope you enjoyed listening to this year of TDZ as much as we enjoyed making it. And we will see you all in twenty twenty five. We hope you have a RESTful holiday.
Speaker 2: Has my audio by the way, do let me make sure my.
Speaker 3: You sound great to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh good?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, select America's blue snowball? Right, oh yeah, I wasn't supposed to say out loud. I'm still on my blue snowball.
Speaker 1: You're on a blue snowball. Holy wait, old, I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know what that is. I don't know what that is. You're the podcasters are like so it's like so old school.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like circa Obama era started a podcast.
Speaker 1: It's in the shape of a little ball and it's got little legs on it. I think it's actually pre dates my time.
Speaker 3: And does it looks like it looks like what you thought Xenon would use you know what I mean? Yeah, it's like a prop from Xenon. Girl of the twenty first century.
Speaker 1: Like one of the thirty movies that came out after Star Wars, where they were like, we could do that too with just stuff we have around the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I love I don't know how to tell your listeners this, but Xenon Girl of the twenty first Century is better than Star Wars. Come in my DM, bitches.
Speaker 1: Star Wars doesn't have that many fans actually, and the ones that does have very chill, so chill, very chill and reasoned circumspect. I would say the number one word that comes to mind for me with Star Wars fans circumspect, good priorities, everything's in its right place. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty five, episode five of DORNELLY'SA Guys Stay production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness and we are, of course America's only undecided podcast. Uh wait, toasted by me, an undecided voter. We're still just like not sure what to think about these two and the New York Times throws us parties all the time. It's great. It is Friday, September thirteenth, twenty twenty four. My name is Jack O'Brien aka me and you Slurping soup like effeminine dudes, person lips on some thick ass straws, plumpers out, homophobes jawed. That is courtesy of Wacaronio on the discord A Little Elevators Outcast at aliens Aka, I am thrilled to be joined by a hilarious stand up medium, writer, actor, improviser. You can catch her on stand up stages everywhere, check her website and at the monthly Facial Recognition comedy show, which she also produces. It's poligna.
Speaker 4: I'm never leaving.
Speaker 3: I've come back, that never going away.
Speaker 1: Every time Want Miles or I is out and you fill in for us, there are people who come in and are like, take your time getting back guys. Paulavi has this. I'm like, I know Paulavi has this, but kind of fuck you. That hurts my feelings. I don't need to hear. I don't need to hear someone's better at my job than me, even if they are.
Speaker 3: Coughing on your kids hoping you you guys will get sick.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you don't have to, by the way that that job has been taken care of by everyone else in first and second grade.
Speaker 3: So incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's great. To have you back, Paula, be happy to be here, Miles still not feeling well. Send the good vibes out to Miles heading into his birthday weekend. Also send him birthday wishes. Yeah, easy way to remember. He and Prince Harry born on the same day, in the same hospital and where they switched at birth.
Speaker 3: I don't know who does the Queen love more or loved more? Probably Miles at this point.
Speaker 1: Miles may not look like Prince Charles and Diana, but you know who else doesn't Prince Harry, So you know what I mean. I'm just saying, just putting it out there. Actually, I don't think he was born.
Speaker 3: In the same love child of Sharon and Princess Diana.
Speaker 1: Somehow, Well, Paula Vey, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our very favorite guests, a very funny comedian and activist, the host of the great award winning podcast Good Muslim, Bad Muslim, the senior Fellow on Comedy at the Pop Culture Collab. She's written in The New York Times, wrote and performed a piece on NPR's Fresh Air, and his guest producer to Academy Award winner Lupita Nyongo's new podcast, Mind your Own, available wherever you get podcasts. We don't usually like to acknowledge other that other podcasts exist on this show, but we will in this one instance because it sounds pretty fucking cool. It is the hilarious and talented Zara Normal.
Speaker 2: What Oh my god, it's so good to be here.
Speaker 1: So good to have you back.
Speaker 3: I like obsessed that, you know, Lupita Nonga.
Speaker 1: I talk with her like crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I bet she just smells so nice. In love with her. I'm obsessed with the fact that she got a cat because of a quiet place after having to have cat therapy because she was scared of cats, and then she filmed that movie and then she adopted a cat, and now she posts like photo shoots with a cat for its birthday, and I'm like, obsessed, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: You just rattled that off like everybody knows. That is that something everybody knows?
Speaker 3: If you heard me on the last episode, I'm obsessed with Moodang, the pygmy hippo from Asia, and I'm obsessed with Lapida Nonga and her cat. And that's the only two things on my timeline.
Speaker 2: Actually, she has many superpowers. One of them is just you would tell her your name pronunciation and then it's just there right right away, right away. Yeah, and just like so fast with every I mean, she's an Academy Award winning actress. Of course you can retain mountains and mountains of information. But it's just like so smooth, so professional.
Speaker 1: Knows its way around a word or two.
Speaker 3: But that was the creepiest way to say that.
Speaker 1: Still is that weird? Why do we keep talking about her mouth? From that?
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: I'm still recovering.
Speaker 1: I really apologize. Jesus Christ was that.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful mouth you got there seems to know it's.
Speaker 1: A way around. That is a compliment I like to give people. Is it not good? I mean I could just you can maybe you can be honest with me.
Speaker 3: Here, give it to really macho man and see, God.
Speaker 1: Damn, your mouth knows it's when.
Speaker 2: I've read that's like a skirt that really knows her way around all fill in the blank.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, yeah, well he didn't say skirt.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be fair, Zara, that I understand why you said that. But Brian has been instructed to edit out all the times when I say skirt, so it won't be in the final cut.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the way to do it. Just erase any history a skirt.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. Well, I apologize for that, but I am thrilled to have you back on the show. Out. Yeah, how's motherhood treating you? Oh my god, that's all we need to hear. I think that says it all.
Speaker 3: But that means if you're not an exhausted parent, then like you're a bad parent, you know what I mean. So that means you're a great mom.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, thank you much. There's just things I can't do anymore. Is just like most conversations, like thank god this is pre recorded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we it's taken it. It's taken us forty five minutes to get this much. Just so the listeners aware, we're nobody's making sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Why do people ask how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like I just did. I don't know. Fuck those people you.
Speaker 2: Said how are you doing? Like just stand for you know, just standard like small talk, right, But then there are those people who grab you by the wrist and pull you toward them and say no, really no you do.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is something that like some dads do is they want to have like real conversations like that at the like jump that, like they just like see you and they're like, no, mate, how you really doing? Man? You know, I'm like, judge your body language and stuff.
Speaker 3: I think people like I think people like during COVID were like, check it on your friends, and it's like, bitch, don't check it on me. Okay, you're gonna make it worse. You're bad for my mental health. The people who need to check on me will.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you know how long it takes me to stand up. I have to breathe in from my deepest core that is so stretched out I might leaking blood cloths.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like alien.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like alien, but I'm more hollow inside.
Speaker 3: That should be a Mother's Day card, like forget this bullshit, flowers whatever, be like thank you for being inside.
Speaker 1: Just a picture pointing to the guy on the table after the chest burster, just like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it's like you're like you cut out a picture of your face and put it on the little alien.
Speaker 1: Have you have either of you seen the new alien Romulus?
Speaker 3: No? But I saw the behind the scenes thing where it was like a real guy and not CGI and it was like the tall they.
Speaker 1: Killed a guy. Oh no, no, you're not checking about I thought that you met the person having the thing come out of them. Uh yeah, no, they have a person in a suit. But the connection of chest Burster being like childbirth is made and remade and underlined in that movie. They're like, but like, have you thought about it? Like really but in some.
Speaker 2: Way revolutionary and it's time Oh yeah, ye yeah, because in this time they were still I think I talked about this last podcast where like they were still putting women against their wishes under general anesthesia for delivery right and birth. Yeah, and birth was just like not a thing that you talked about, discussed or showed in any kind of quote unquote vulgar way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And back then aliens weren't allowed to open credit cards on their own, so like that was really fun change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wow, they put them under general anesthesia and we're just like, yeah, so you're quiet during childbirth or something like stop.
Speaker 3: Your screaming, broad We could hear you from where we're smoking our cigar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it seems like your mouth might know its way around a word. We're gonna we're gonna ask that you, right, I cant stop saying it. I'm sorry, all right.
Speaker 2: And now I can't stop doing it. I'm just putting my mouth all around around.
Speaker 1: All right. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in the moments that our First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're just gonna continue to talk about the debate, the responses, what early, what the flash polls are saying. Also, we are, of course, kind of talk about the new season of Network TV show nine to one one, which has a three part season premiere that I'm pretty excited about, where bees form a tornado and attack Los Angeles. Oh hell yes, yes, all of that plenty more. But first are we do like to ask our guests what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Okay, I asked my search history if one piece of cheese and a pack of slice mozzarella cheeses has mold on it, does that make them all bad?
Speaker 1: Great question that has come up in my mind many times and that I have never I've never bothered to google it. I will tell you that much. I depending on how much I want the cheese, I will either throw the one piece away or throw the whole thing away. But it's totally dependent on like how bad I need cheese in that mine.
Speaker 3: I know I was gonna say, it's dependent on like how much money is in your bank account at that Yeah, it's like what I am able to throw a whole pack of cheese away. It's like you don't care about your bank account, your neighbor's bank accounts. No one cares. But like if you're like, oh, I can just eat around it on this slice, like I can just cut out the bad part of this life, then you're like you're down bad. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: So you're taking just the mold off the one slice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean that's to that point, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean smell test obviously, right, we're using the smell test. If all the cheese smell bad, we're.
Speaker 3: Probably victor of asking if they're individually wrapped. And I'm sorry, Victory, that's a different tax bracket than what we're talking about. If your Jesus individually wrapped talking about.
Speaker 2: Craft singles, Victor, So now I understand.
Speaker 3: What craft we're talking about. If it's hot. It's melting together into one big.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean, typically I do the partner test where I give it to my husband and watch him eat it and just stare at him for a while and.
Speaker 1: Just put him under a round the clock observation for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: That's what husbands are for. My dad would always eat the leftover bad stuff.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 3: We'd be like, I don't want it. I don't want it, mom, and he'd be like, okay, give it to.
Speaker 1: Me, my baby.
Speaker 3: So I had to be like super for sure, for sure, Yeah, we can take it.
Speaker 1: We can take a little bit of bout.
Speaker 3: I will say, I haven't told it, especially for like bread, the spores spread and you should toss it. But I'm also a big fan of eating questionable stuff and then wondering if I have IBS for the rest of my life. So I'm a.
Speaker 1: Huge Then you have something to blame your IBS on besides just your.
Speaker 3: Anxiety, hot girl, And that's why I have IBS and not design. Just like, don't pay attention to the mold in my friend.
Speaker 1: That's right. I like that. We just rushed past. Like did Google have a satisfying answer of on this question?
Speaker 2: It actually said everything that you guys just said. It said you can either discard the moldy slice.
Speaker 1: It was thanks Google, I didn't know, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I wasted gallons of water.
Speaker 3: You're throwing away gallons of water to figure out if you should throw away a slice of cheese.
Speaker 1: You definitely don't need to throw away craft Like if one gets moldy, you don't have to throw away the rest.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about craft singles here. We're talking about whole foods, organic.
Speaker 1: Singles. Oh okay, sorry, sorry, cheese I'm aware of You're like.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what's other cheese?
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay? I stand by this baby talk. Baby talk, it's hugely underweighted.
Speaker 3: Okay. I don't know how I felt about. I was like, I was like, it's cute because you talk to your babies and maybe your dogs or your cats or whatever, and that's a cute bot. And then when you said it to me, I was like, oh, no, like this like this, I want to talk to everybody, like yes, why do you sound like you're from New York when you do?
Speaker 2: I want to talk everybody.
Speaker 3: My way I'm walking here.
Speaker 1: Is a little bit like a South Park character is supposed to be from New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but so cute went up babies from New York.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna move right along to what you're on that one, I guess yeah, no, no, no, we all agree that was underrated and great. What's what's ups overrated?
Speaker 2: Being old and having children hugely. Please don't wait for your life, Zara.
Speaker 3: You you're so young, Yeah, exactly. No, I'm not young people twenties.
Speaker 2: Yet. I'm very out and clear about this because everyone has been telling me. Everyone I know who's in their thirties and their twenties keep saying to me. Yeah, I was so stressed about my career choices. But then I saw that you had a baby at forty three, and I thought, I can wait. And I want to say to you, don't wait, don't be crazy. Just decide to get a surrogate. Just save up for that now. If it's important to you, save the hundreds of thousands of dollars of that or adopt, you should start that. Adoption is a long process, none of it, none of it that you undertake in the world of child rearing, other than free sex babies for whoever gets to do that now.
Speaker 1: For whoever gets to do that now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you freat sex babies.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a long ass sciences like something that Trump would have said in the debate.
Speaker 3: Transgender illegal alien surgeries. Free sex babies for whoever gets to do that.
Speaker 1: Wow, free sex babies for whoever wants to do that now, and we want.
Speaker 3: And they will to them after none months.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I will say none of my family ever takes me seriously fair, fair, totally fair. But my brother one time when he was walking with my nephew like strapped to his chest, he was doing like his daily walk or whatever, and he was like, are you guy, I was thinking about having kids because if I because he got a house and then a child. He was like, I would have done it backwards. I would have had the kid first. I don't care where I was living. I would have just had the kid. It's so tiring. I'm soaring And ye had just kid when he was like thirty seven, so like that's even really He's like, I would have done it sooner. I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know what else, because like I just feel like in the United States people don't have like real conversation anymore. We just have like cult culture conversation.
Speaker 3: It's just interesting. That is rat Yeah you thank you.
Speaker 1: That point is so brat. It is about how we only how we like cram pop culture into like important conversations. Saying that is so brat. So what, Oh my god, Sorry, I'm end of this episode.
Speaker 3: I had the Daily Zeitgeist in general.
Speaker 1: This is the last episode of our podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the last episode.
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is the last episode of our podcast.
Speaker 2: We can sell like Elmer Fudd. It's true, no, okay, I had. We tried to have an IBF baby, which is extremely expensive, tens of thousands of dollars expensive, and it failed and we had my baby. But it's still like, I know very clearly that it's the IVF hormones and process that supported me and having my quote unquote free sex baby. Like it definitely was.
Speaker 1: That a free experience gets to do that.
Speaker 2: Now, we tried for three years, nothing happened, and then after.
Speaker 3: If that with the sex, you guys got to come.
Speaker 2: A lot, right, It's true.
Speaker 3: That's really hard though, that's like a heart process.
Speaker 2: I say all this just because I feel like in our culture of CULTI conversation it's we never can't down just what the fuck stuff costs and how you're gonna mesibly do it, you know what I mean? Like, no one's talking about retirement, even though it's like terrifying out there. Nobody's talking about how.
Speaker 3: You die of natural disasters because of climate change. That's my retire What I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying is like how am I supposed to pay for like solar and the down payment to a house in California and my kids education because you know, hopefully they don't get shot at school, and also figure out my retirement all at the same, all at one time like that you have to do that all at one time when you have your babies in your late thirties and early forties. Is a fun accounting experiment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough out there.
Speaker 2: I just really ruined everyone's day.
Speaker 3: What a blessings, the.
Speaker 1: Great impression of the of the mom not listening at all, just bringing bringing the vibes. What a miracle, What a little blessing. Wow, I'm an immense debt. What a little blessing, And what a blessing debt is because it's just kind of you know, discomfort brings us into our own bodies yes, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll get together, get ourselves together, and we will respond to the debate. Uh, and the fallout from the debate in baby talk, we will be white black, white, black, and we're black. And everybody watched the debate, Yeah.
Speaker 3: To.
Speaker 1: Watch it, rewatch. It didn't actually take in any Twitter commentary, made my own judgments. Uh, and I'm still an undecided voter.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I keep saying this because the New York Times the headline. So if you go to that, like conservative places like the Drudge Report, their response was like, oh my god, Trump totally tanked that. You go to the New York Times, They're like, some may think Trump lost that debate. Undecided voters, Yeah, undecided voters less certain. And then this yesterday morning, they published this episode of their podcast that perfectly crystallized why I think their obsession with undecided voters is so funny.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: They well, so, first of all, immediately after they had their five they I have just these five people who are undecided. One of them is undecided because they're not paying attention to the election and keep being like, I don't know, man, I'm like not into politics, leave me alone. But yeah, that that is like one of their talking heads about the election that they keep coming back.
Speaker 3: To, interesting, what a miracle?
Speaker 1: And then they have what a miracle? Such a blessing even talking about. So they also drop this episode of their podcast, uh the run Up where they literally go to jd Vance's hometown uh and a watch party. You know, they throw a watch party for two people who are undecided. So they're like buying. They're rewarding these people who are somehow still undecided about what they think about Donald Trump. They're like bringing them snacks and food to like throwing a little party for that. It's so beneficial to be undecided somehow. Like you can hear them the person like thanking the New York Times for the snacks they brought. They're like, oh, you brought the red ones. I couldn't find them. Thank you so much. I love them. And then they interview them and the husband is like full Trump voter and the woman is leaning Trump. And then just like the interview, the person's finally like, okay, so what is Trump's because she keeps being like, yeah, she was good on this, she was good on this. I'm a pro choice. Uh, and the person's like, Okay, so what is Trump's biggest plus for you? And she's like, huh, he does seem to want to better immigration. Oh wow, that's not a big issue for me. But it's his biggest talking point and it can't be denied and it can't be ignored. So it's just like racism. It's just like that. It's just all like he's willing to be racist in public essentially, and they are, yeah, and they are willing to, you know, go and throw a party for these people so that they will like talk on the record.
Speaker 3: But have you considered that he is running against someone who is black and Indian? Have you considered that maybe that's dissuading her. Maybe it's not whatever you just said.
Speaker 2: What if the White House smells like delicious.
Speaker 1: Food right in the White House?
Speaker 2: Again, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: We're gonna take our spices.
Speaker 1: So there's a Twitter account called Decoding fox News at decoding fox News and they put together a fun little real of first like a quick cut together of the vibes before the debate where they're all just like, here's what's gonna happen. Trump's about to fucking mop the floor and then right after. So I just thought this was kind of helpful.
Speaker 3: I just love that they're so dumb that they would think that, But like, I know that they have to say it, but I do think some of them are genuinely surprised every time he disappoints them, And that's really funny to me, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it's all bizarre to me because he was very disappointing the first time with.
Speaker 1: Biden, just in general as a president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in general as a president, and then also with Biden, he was already like ranting and out there and not making any coherent sense because he was just like a racist, ranting lunatic. But like now Republicans are, like, you know, I really am seeing him differently, Like what are you talking about? Like nothing actually has changed, It's just whatever gigantic media conglomerate is going to acknowledge it is.
Speaker 1: Now yeah yeah, yeah, And the New York Times is doing their best to not acknowledge it by filtering everything through the eyes of somebody who's planning to vote for Trump. But Fox News is I thought this was just kind of informative to see vibes before vibes after. So we'll just skip around here a little bit.
Speaker 9: You say, debates maybe don't move the needle that much in the big picture. This one seems like it's bigger. But I think on the getting under his skin point, that's really her only card to play. I didn't say what his advice was, but it is so stunning. And you saw that timeline piece seventy five days ago. We're on this set watching him come out for that first debate and the entire race changed.
Speaker 1: You're on set, all of us. The last time there was going to be a big Jessie Waters. It's unmiked for some reason.
Speaker 6: At first for the debate, I said, I don't think this debate's going to change much.
Speaker 1: Thanks, So, I don't know if you really want to hear what I have to say. Give it a shot, Give it a shot.
Speaker 6: This is going to be so unpredictable because both of these people can self destruct. We've seen Trump blow himself up. You've seen Kamala blow herself up and just wander around and search for things to say and maybe land it. Are they going to fact check Trump live? If you had said ten years ago the Democrat nominee would support that, I would have said you were cuckoo.
Speaker 8: I have a feeling that he'll come out of this debate in about the same position with the public that he that he holds going into it.
Speaker 7: So you have to assume that he won't be bellicos and pugnacious.
Speaker 1: So you have to assume he won't be bell pugnacious. And then they bring in Sean Hannity. Here comes Hannity say, just laying down like this is what we think his challenges are and how we think he'll do with those challenges.
Speaker 10: Tamala Harris tries to make him angry, not to get angry and how to get angry, stays calm. I think it could definitely be a big night for I think that she will be able to rattle him in any way.
Speaker 3: I would argue right now.
Speaker 10: The chance is zero points zero zero one percent.
Speaker 3: So I like that he's genuinely That's the reason they're discussing that is because they are afraid he's going to lose his shit.
Speaker 1: Right, they're afraid. But Hannity is laying the odds that she's able to do that at a pretty startling zero point zero zero one percent that she will be able to rattle him at all, and then post debate, Yeah, people seem a little less confident and sure of how that went for him.
Speaker 9: President Trump did take a lot of the bait that she threw out in some of those answers.
Speaker 11: Have to be said that she was really never held to the fire. She was not pressed by the moderators on her past positions and how she got from a very progressive, most progressive senate her to where she is now. And that falls on ABC.
Speaker 1: So then we get to Breed Hume, who went in saying, like, I think he's going to be fine. I don't see this debate mattering much or that like I think they'll They'll both be fine.
Speaker 8: Make no mistake about it.
Speaker 1: Trump had a bad night oop.
Speaker 8: He rose to debate repeatedly when she beated him, something I'm sure his advisors had begged him not to do. You know, in the first debate when Biden attacked him, he just kept as cool and kept going. And in this debate he rose to a debate. He and we heard so many of the old grievances that that we long thought that Trump had learned were not winners politically.
Speaker 10: The biggest loser in the debate, and we talked about this pre debate is ABC.
Speaker 7: Got reaction from Republican friends. The two common things were train wreck and he needs this to end. I've never heard Donald Trump not be definitive about a set of points. He said, I have concepts of a plan.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So this is Fox News and they're like, yeah, I'm getting text messages, so obviously they have their talking points of like what they want to say. ABC News did bad job. But then they're like, but people are using words like train wreck and how do I make stop?
Speaker 3: For Trump, I loved the concept of a plan thing. I love that so much because we can all relate to that. Like that is very la, that is very like, yeah, I have a concept of a plan. That's like what Stuffian Stevens said when he was like, I'm gonna make albums about every fifty states, you know what I mean, all the fifty states. I have a concept of a plan for it. Which I love that. That is so so good.
Speaker 1: It is so good. It also does seem to be uh probably checking in with our undecided voters on the New York Times, that does seem to be a point that really stuck with people where they were like, because like one of the arguments people have like given themselves for like how they can justify voting for Trump was that like, well, he's definitive, he's a decider. He fired all those people on the TV, so he's like a definitive person, and that line really fucked with people. The other thing they really seemed to respond to in the very small sample size that the New York Times uses is like her going up and introducing herself, They're like, damn, that was very assertive and cool of her.
Speaker 3: That's like, I think that's like an example of like how people because we were talking about like who they're going to side with whenever, however the wind blows or whatever, but it's literally whoever looks more powerful, because that's what like the Republicans are all about, is power. So it's when going in they're like, oh, like he's going to look more powerful whatever, that's all we care about, and then coming out they're like, oh, she actually did look more powerful, and like she's like laughing at him, but like not too much or whatever. She had like those lines about how eighty million people fired him, she did. Like there were times where I was like, she is kind of attacking him when she needs to talk more policy. But she did come out looking stronger than him. Yeah, especially when he was able to be so easily baited about his rally numbers and all of that shit, Like he just looked weak as hell, and they will let it go. Yeah, and that's what rattles like Fox News. They're like, I thought he's a winner. We don't like losers, so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just like this moment where they're like Jesse Waters, our number one person who has told us dringing out of straws and eating soup is for beta males. What what do you say? What say you, sir?
Speaker 6: I don't think the American people are watching and thinking any of these people won.
Speaker 1: I don't think the American people these people won.
Speaker 2: It's a good impression, but didn't have like a rhythm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was the general vibes is like somewhere between God, that was a bad look for our guy, and I don't think anybody watching. That didn't to anybody want.
Speaker 3: Trump did come on to Fox News and he was like he kept saying that all the polls that he won like ninety to ten, eighty to twenty like what he was like, we said, and then he was like, we sent over poles to you and you can check them. All of the polls we sent you basically said that we won.
Speaker 1: Yes, So yeah, I want to get to that moment where he just came out to do the spin room stuff because and seemed to be just saying numbers at random. But just in response to the I don't think any American people saw that, I think anybody won. Washington Post reported that a you gov poll showed Kamala one fifty four to thirty one from people. CNN had her winning sixty three to thirty seven percent. Like when you think about how evenly divided, like it's a meme that, like, you know, one of the sides seems to be free puppies for everyone, the other side seems to be diarrhea forever, and it's like fifty one to fifty percent. We have it like and neck. It's just wild how close every single presidential election is Obama over McCain, which is like the last time there was anything described as a landslide, Obama got fifty two percent of the vote, So like that's a massive landslide. So just like those types of numbers in response to the debate are pretty staggering that it would be sixty three to thirty seven. Also, thirty one percent of Trump supporters said he lost, wow.
Speaker 3: Which is but they don't care, but they don't there not that.
Speaker 1: They're changing anything. Yeah, but that is, you know, I think noteworthy. So it's just funny in comparison with the moment after the debate where Trump came out and he first of all, he's unmiked for some reason, and he's just yelling at reporters. We had a great debate. I won, clearly. I'm getting polling eighty six. Some are saying ninety two. I've heard the number eighty two.
Speaker 3: That's like, how old we think he is.
Speaker 1: I was wondering because they were in Philadelphia. I was wondering if he was like looking at the last time, like at the banners in the arena at the last time the seventy six ers, like won anything was like the eighties sports jokes self phoned for a self loathing Sixers fan. But yeah, I don't know. I guess it wasn't a total Kaisersos situation. There was. There was a fair and balanced Newsmax snap poll of people who were on Newsmax during the debate and ninety three percent of them said he won.
Speaker 2: So I will say something that is kind of surprising to me this election just even going into it at all, is how underfunded and just not at all funded. A lot of graphic design and artistic messaging is going into the election.
Speaker 1: It is wild how little money that we were talking on yesterday's episode, Andrew t was on and he was talking about how it is mind boggling how bad Elon Musk is at posting when he has enough money to hot just hire away the entire Abbott Elementary writers room. Yeah, to write every single one of his tweets for him, like he could.
Speaker 2: He's a narcissist, He's not going to do yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, but like, yeah, the amount that they could put into content, and yet they like the graphic design, like you're saying, any of the writing.
Speaker 3: Jason Derulo on TikTok where they had like remember how he just like went from doing he the reason he became like he had this big like leap again in popularity was because he was like hiring camera crews to make his thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and then even on the nonprofit scale, like in my world, where we have like, you know, groups of nonprofits that come and like ask comedians to like put together a thing or artists to put together a thing. It's just not happening on the same scale, anywhere near the same scale as previous elections. Plural.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like we got this, We've seen Trump just off the handle.
Speaker 3: So clearly Kendrick sand because he doesn't appreciate ghost writers.
Speaker 2: Well, I do wonder, like how much of it is a has to do with the sort of romy Yusuff and Susan Sarandon and a bunch of folks just came out talking about the McCarthyism in Hollywood, and a lot of these nonprofits are right now coping and managing Zionism, and the sort of huge gag order on talking about genocide at all in Gaza has really rattled the arts in the nonprofit sector. And there's just folks that I thought would be working right now, like would be funded and would be putting out content and there'd be like campaigning and conversation, and there's just like nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's also why I'm not successful. It's because of my not my ability back order. Yeah, totally totally free pub.
Speaker 1: Please, yes, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about the bees, and we're back. Are either of you fans of the network TV show nine to one one?
Speaker 3: I am unfamiliar.
Speaker 2: I am undecided.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna we're gonna come over the New York Times and I are gonna come over. We're gonna make nachos for you. You can, you can just tell us the ingredients that you're interested in, will make nachos for you. We will watch the show with you, and actually, so that's not entirely true. You will watch the show while we watch you and take diligent notes of what you are doing during during the watching, and then we will feed the nachos to you while you kind of make up your mind and just relax.
Speaker 4: We want to feed, okay, always, Let's get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: It's like Michael Barbarow. So this is a trailer that has been playing across various sporting events and TV shows for the upcoming season of the TV show nine one one, And I guess, I guess I'll just play it for you guys. It's pretty pretty good, all right. It says the average human cannot survive five hundred beast things. We see a single bee joining a be tornadogency. Now, has there ever been a more effective piece of ghost audio than nine one one? What's your emergency for me?
Speaker 2: It's all just less effective. I just want to be out there saying I really prefer ants.
Speaker 1: Why didn't they make the case for bees over ants as a villain for this episode of nine one one?
Speaker 2: Really effective? Really powerful? Ants are really diligent.
Speaker 3: Is there is something going on? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Jack, I just I was a little worried that that wasn't enough information. And this is how I took this in. First I saw the teaser, and up next, I just want to give you the full thirty seconds of an exclusive first look. Be Nato is coming to nine one one on September twenty. Let's do it all right, Okay, So what happened there?
Speaker 3: Collins?
Speaker 2: Nice call it?
Speaker 1: And by the way, what they can feel coming in the air tonight in case you were wondering.
Speaker 2: I just want to say I would be behind it, but I feel like if it was cicadas, we.
Speaker 1: Might be a little bit more scary. And it is incumbent on them to change my mind and give me the details that will make me realize it should be bees instead of cicadas. So that opens with a tractor trailer on you know, a mac truck on Los Angeles Highway, almost crushing a family, but then instead the boxes on the backtip over and slight buzzing sound.
Speaker 6: The truck was calling twenty two million killer bees to kill forty four.
Speaker 5: No, oh not the guy prepared fly away.
Speaker 1: That's right, he said it.
Speaker 3: He said the name of the movie.
Speaker 1: He did. He looked up at the sky, squinted and said, it's like a.
Speaker 2: B Nato, the part where they go and they'll just fly away. Not likely?
Speaker 1: What if they just fly away? Not likely?
Speaker 2: The Western fear of retaliation for colonialism.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this, not likely.
Speaker 1: These are bent on revenge.
Speaker 3: There's savages and they didn't take the rule of the Sharia. They would subscribe to Sharia law bringing it.
Speaker 1: Can we look at the name of the show nine to eleven eleven, and it's just a bunch of flying things swarming towards a skyscraper in ju.
Speaker 3: I want the next one to be about that elephant that like the woman who like was bad to the elephant and then it killed her and then it stopped her out at her funeral, Like, I want that to be the next enemy. Is that fucking dope ass elephant?
Speaker 1: It's just animals.
Speaker 2: Away from this really clear that bees are Muslim. Yeah, and I'm ready to claim my brethren.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do think bees are Muslim. I do I agree with you. I think they're very clean. They washed themselves like with the dew of flowers like five times a day, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, unfairly maligned in the mainstream media in the West.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and make honey for bub blah blah.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so true.
Speaker 1: Really good at math.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the scene that we're not seeing here is after they said they'll just fly away. No, they wived and then the bees are like, listen, we've made quite a lot of contributions, right, yeah, And they put together a whole, you know, little mini trailer of all the things that Muslim bees have contributed to the world.
Speaker 3: The FBI is always trying to get into their hives. That's why they're called the FBI. They're trying to five seventy.
Speaker 2: Two virgin drones.
Speaker 3: One queen, there are drums.
Speaker 1: They are sexless. Yeah, yeah, interesting, Wow, A lot to think about here, folks. We're not here to make your decision for you, Zara. We're just here to kind of present the information, just like kind of vibe see where your vibes are shifting. So we appreciate you me.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: In exchange for nachos, I will pretend like I haven't already decided to vote for Trump. Seems to be because anyways, Uh, Zara, what a pleasure of having you on? Thank you always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 2: You can listen to me or listen to my work and support on Lupita and Jango's new podcast, Mind your Own. Shout out to Regina Bidiaco, who is a lot of the brains and hearts behind this project. And I'm working on a book, so you haven't seen me as much on the media's because I'm taking a time machine back through the most painful periods of my life and finding.
Speaker 1: Joy and amazing. It sounds like you have more than just a concept of a book. Sounds like you have a whole plan for a book. I've got concepts, Yeah, I have so many concepts of a plan for.
Speaker 2: A bout how many concepts.
Speaker 3: Ideas?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, hanging out with a bunch of Muslim beans.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of medias are that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out my friends, Publication Convergence, Kaiden Malick. You can find them on you can find them on.
Speaker 1: X IS.
Speaker 3: It's ex No, it's still Twitter. Just still call it Twitter. We're not doing this, Nope, I can't. Every time I go to do it, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, phenomenal work with all kinds of toolkits for the election for all you one decided's out there some good stuff, maybe not nachos, but just as good.
Speaker 1: Amazing, a pleasure having you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am at polavigonal and p A L L A V I g U and A L A N everywhere and Facial Recognition comedy is coming up on the twentieth and hold on. I want to share screen to show you this tweet at Miss White xoxo said every nine eleven in this is the only thing I can think about, and it's people singing and here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh you'll see what he's got.
Speaker 3: You, God, You'll see what he's got and then they're in front of a chalkboard and they're singing this it's.
Speaker 1: Like in a university classroom.
Speaker 3: Puts your fingers down and goes nine eleven.
Speaker 1: I like to answert that in between sentences really quickly.
Speaker 3: You didn't, yeah, nine eleven, and then her fingers go down just like the towers, And it's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: That's just great music teacher direction, you know, where they're like I need you up here. You know, they'll like slide something in in between, like you're they're saying, singing, sing and I need you up here. And but for her it was eleven. It's really truly wild.
Speaker 3: I just needed people to know about.
Speaker 1: All Right, a tweet I've been enjoying from at ron Ui r O n n U. I underscore like on Wi ron We. I guess I'm friends with him ron We underscore Ronnie there, Yeah, yeah, I once pronounced on this show. Actually, I think I've probably done it frequently on we as n Ui so and I just did it again.
Speaker 12: Ron We.
Speaker 1: Anyways, uh Ron just had this public health announcement. Parents, you have to vaccinate your children. They're diseases that we eliminated ages ago. That are coming back now. I just met a kid who tested positive for lynsanity. Lynsanity folks. Another sports joke, spar boy joke. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore ol Brian. You can find us on Twitter at at Daily Zeikeeist. We're at v Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook champage and a website, Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy with both of our normal song recommenders, mister Miles Gray and super producer justin Out. Brian the editor filling in, Is there a song that you think people might enjoy? Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Me and my partner have been enjoying DJ Assault. Shout out to Bay. Yeah, he reintroducing me to DJ Assault. This song is called Sex on the Beach. It is a fucking banger. It's just it's it's impossible to feel sad or in a bad mood when you put on this, so check it out.
Speaker 1: Six on the Beach DJ Assault. All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeitgeist is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ab Apple podcast or wherever I pime podcast giving away for free. That is going to do it for us. This week, we are done for this week. We will have a the Weekly Zeitgeist, which is the highlight reel of episodes from this week, dropping tomorrow and then we will be back on Monday morning or Monday afternoon to tell you what was trending over the weekend and what's trending on Monday morning and we will talk to you all then bye bye bye why why why by bye by