Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody. It is Wednesday, December third, and it is day three of our holiday gift Guide. We are sharing with you some gift popular holiday gift items, some hot gifts that our producers sent to our apartment and said check them out, see what you think, and let everyone know if you would recommend purchasing this gift. And so, yes, we're all creating our holiday gift lifts. We're all trying gift lists. Say gift lift, I did. I'd like a gift lift, but I'm instead trying to check off a gift list. How you doing on your shopping?
Speaker 2: I am way ahead. I am far far ahead that I am used to And maybe that has something to do with you, and it really might be the case. There are a lot of people and a lot of things and a lot to you know what, It's a lot to get done. We have such a busy rest of the year that's just not going to have time for this and to enjoy the rest of it. I want to have this off my plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, So hopefully this list helps you all at least decide what you want to buy, maybe what you don't want to buy. And by the way, we are not getting paid by any of these products, but we're going to post each one each day on our Instagram account at Amy and TJ Podcast, so you can check it out and there'll be a link to buy it if you so choose. I think everyone has someone in their lives who is well traveled, who's a traveler who jumps on planes and trains and vehicles. I would say we are among those. Yes, So how well do you sleep on planes, trains and vehicles?
Speaker 2: You're asking me, but I'm asking you know the answer to that, Yeah, I don't. I usually just don't sleep, not because I'm uncomfortable, I can't get comfortable. I just I'm off. I'm enjoying the experience, I'm doing something, so I just don't sleep necessarily.
Speaker 1: I consider it a blessing. If by chance, I happen to sleep on a plane, which is rare, we have to be dead tired, exactly, And guess what, we're not alone because this is according to this is the product we're about to announce. But according to the company's website and National Sleep survey of over two thousand US adults found that sixty five percent of people have difficulties sleeping while traveling. I would even think that number might be higher, but more than fifty percent of those who were asked agreed that their ability to enjoy an adventure was then compromised by that jet lag or by travel fatigue.
Speaker 2: So this is not just a matter of let me get some sleep, it is it can impact your vacation.
Speaker 1: Correct exactly. So enter gift number three, the Pluto Pod Travel pillow Okay.
Speaker 2: Pluto Pod Travel.
Speaker 1: Pillow o correct Okay. Here is the product description Arrive Rested not Wrecked. The patented Pluto Pod is one of the most complete and customizable travel pillows ever made, created using feedback from everyday travelers, flight attendants, sleep researchers, researchers, and a design from IDEO. The structured next support keeps your head supported no matter how you sleep, while the pillowy side padding ads comfort from every angle. You control your environment. You can wear the hood up for privacy or down for airflow, and you can pull a built in eye mask over your eyes for darkness, or you can keep it up if you want to stay alert. So they say it creates a sensory deprivation feel and even helps you get real rest in noisy, cramped airplane seats.
Speaker 2: So hiory deprivation feel they want you to experience.
Speaker 1: Yes, because if you have all this noise and chaos and crying babies and bright lights and someone's got their computer screen on, you can kind of shut it all out with this neck pillow with a hood.
Speaker 2: Okay, two things first, What is there something did I miss in your description? You said block things out as a sound deafening element to this.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're just assuming you can put air pods in. So it's true. So I you saw me. I took it out of the box. It was actually packaged very nicely and neatly, and that's one of their big pluses. Oh, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I had two questions.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: My second one is what many people might be asking, how is this different? Oh better than my neck pillow? Because I have it right. This is a neck pillow for the most part, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes? But it's very different. So we're used to seeing those bananas shaped or U shaped neck pillows. In fact, we always kind of chuckle when we see people walking around the airport with them on a bash. They may look silly and ridiculous, but they don't think so well.
Speaker 2: It's they look silly and ridiculous, even if you're sleeping on the plane, correct, But when you're walking through the terminal wearing your neck pillow, and not because you're close to your gate. I mean, these are people who are in restaurants and just walking through. It is we get a kick out of it. But hey, do you think it's.
Speaker 1: One of our fun people watching moments where we get to see all the folks walking in with neck pillows, even people walking on the plane. When you get seated and you walk, people watch people walk in with their neck pillows. I always laugh, like, who's doing it? Everyone? There's not even one type of person who does it. It's very funny, kind.
Speaker 2: Of big, right, it's the best way to carry it that's not going to get in the way. I get it.
Speaker 1: People love their neck pillows. This one is different though, and actually the company on the website points out how silly people look walking around. The company even says it yes, because they say theirs is designed to look sleek and different. And also they have a way that you can connect it to your luggage so you don't have to wear it around your neck. You can wear it actually, or you can just like basically fasten it around your luggage so you don't have to look silly. They actually point that out. But this one, I have to say. I looked at the models on their website looked way cooler than I did. You saw me put it on.
Speaker 2: I didn't see them models on the website.
Speaker 1: Though they look there. They're wearing it a little bit more weakly. Yes, the website is is it plutopillow dot com And you'll see, like I want to get more take on it. So anyway, when I pulled it out, it was in a really nice packaging, like it's all and they said that was a big part of their design to make it so that you could wrap it up and put it either in your carry on or attach it to your bag. But they claim that it has a hood with it, so you put the hood. You're laughing at the fixtures. They look cooler than I did. Really, they kind of look like astronauts. So you you actually put it on and you vel crow it around your neck. I have a thing about things around my neck, so you you clearly have to be somebody who loves turtlenecks, so like, I can't wear turtlenecks even a cowl neck will get me. So this probably is not a design for me, but a lot of people don't have issues with things around their neck. But then it has a hood, and I will say you pull the hood over and then you can pull down a built in eyemask and you really don't know where you are. And for people who would like to just disappear on a plane, I would say this is probably for you.
Speaker 2: And when you say disappear, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: You think you're disappeared? Like you basically feel like you're in another space and time.
Speaker 2: And here's I thought you were saying, you disappear because nobody can see or recognize you once you put this thing on.
Speaker 1: That is true, That is absolutely true. And if you put air pods or any sort of you know, oh man, any sort of listening device, you will completely not even know you're on a plane. Yes, oh yeah, yes, this wait, this is funny. I want to actually read what they say about other people's pillows. We knew that after dedicating years on improving the pillow in the bedroom, and that's what they're known for, Pluto pillows, it was time for us to try our hand at the pillow you take with you on trips. We were tired of seeing the same horse shoe you shape design or the tacky ones that make you look ridiculous. So they think that this design makes you look sleek, stylish, stylish. I think you kind of look like an astronaut. There's also a guarantee on their website. They say, get amazing sleep on your trip, or get your money back.
Speaker 2: Okay, how are you going to confirm or how are you going to do that? How does that work?
Speaker 1: You just say I didn't sleep.
Speaker 2: And then give me my money back.
Speaker 1: That's what they claim. And they also claim that yes, they have the hygienic, hygienic way to transport it. Either you wear it around your neck or they you roll it up into a small burrito shape.
Speaker 2: Now that part is good, that's very cool.
Speaker 1: You can really make it into this small little shape. And they say in that small little shape, and they give you a little sack to put it in that it actually can work as a back cushion or lumbar support or a mini mini pillow. My mom has a bad back, and so when she sits in cars even or in any sort of seat, she actually gets like water bottles and puts them on her back, so she would actually probably use this neck pillow more for that than she would even on her head. But anyway, there are lots of ways to wear this useful travel pillow for the traveler in your life. Initial thoughts of when you saw me put it.
Speaker 2: On, you look nuts. There's no way you're going out in public like that on your own, and you certainly certainly are not going to be a companion of mine if you're wearing that. There is no way. And I think for most people this will prevent them from having this product before, because folks, we are not joking. When you put this thing on, fully think moon landing. It looks like an astronaut's helmet the way it covers you, and it just doesn't have that mask on the front. But you can pull a mask down that's black and it pretty much does ful. I'm telling you you will. If you see anybody out in public with this on, you're gonna like, what the hell is going on? I'm not talking. You said it was effective. It works, and it might, but you're gonna have to overcome what you're gonna look like.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, I'm going to give my thoughts on, putting it on, wearing it, tried it, you saw me, I was rolling my yourself, and I did look in the mirror. And then we'll tell you where to buy it, how much it is, and we'll.
Speaker 2: Cost you.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. Welcome back to our holiday gift guide. We are in day three and we are talking about the Pluto Pod travel pillow and I tried it on this morning. DJ has given you his thoughts on what I looked like. I can tell you what I felt like. So I did look in the mirror. I did think I looked a little silly. I think I believe I did describe myself as a astronaut. Now, I will say the color that they sent us was like a gray and then when you pull down the imask, it is black, and so that does create a helmet looking like a space helmet looking look. But they do have it in all black. So I wonder if it were black on black, if it would look less like an astronaut's helmet, maybe more like a motorcycle helmet.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it now. In the mask that comes down, you look like one of the guards on Squid Game. Almost the way the mask comes down, this is bizarre. You said it worked and it's cool.
Speaker 1: But Rhodes, come on, mate, he took a picture of me. You know what, we should put this on our story. We will, We'll put it on our I will put it on our story. I absolutely will. I will say this. The fabric is like really high quality. You can feel it. You can tell it's really really well done. But as I said, he's showing me the picture, I looked a little bit like an astronaut. I will say, it does feel like you're on your own planet. And there are people who want to feel like they're on their own planet and look like it. You literally fade away and disappear. Now, I do want to point out for me the neck phrase was a little uncomfortable. But I am not a neck person. But it does give you nex support.
Speaker 2: But I'm asking it was uncomfortable because of you. It wasn't designed.
Speaker 1: It's because of me. I have a thing. I don't like things around my neck at all, like even when and this was such an amazing luxury. Anytime I get to be in a hair salon or anyone's doing my hair, they always like to put those capes on you getting a haircut I'm like, please don't, please don't, and I have to unsnap it. I can't have anything up against my neck. So I want to say that that is me. That's a me thing. I don't know you have it too, though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Oh maybe a lot of people do we just maybe it? Yes?
Speaker 1: Maybe, yes, yes, I don't like smocks. I would say, I don't care if you get makeup on my clothes. I don't want that smock on me. I can't take it. So yes, I'm not the right person to ask about that. So I need an open design. So I'm looking at this picture. I even tried to pretend like I was asleep.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna look like on a plane. You almost look like a superhero because you can only see your mouth. It's like you're hiding your identity.
Speaker 1: It almost looks like with the design again, we have to put this picture up. It almost looks like I am a monster in an alien movie, not even an astronaut. I think I'm on the other side. I'm playing for the other team.
Speaker 2: Right, clearly, folks, we are not. This is not a criticism of the function of this and maybe it's not even a criticism. It's an observation. I think about the appearance.
Speaker 1: I think some people might think that appearance looks really cool, like you're kind of in a futuristic spa experience and you're looking at something. It looks like you're almost watching something with the cover over your eyes.
Speaker 2: If that were all black, right, is what you said.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking it would look a little And there is a picture of a woman who has it in all black on a plane. So again, I highly encourage you to go to plutopillow dot com if you're considering this first, just to see the pictures and see what they look like, and see if your loved one or if you wouldn't mind looking like that on a plane or walking through an airport. So the retail price, it is not better.
Speaker 2: I see the all black.
Speaker 1: It's not better. Okaytail it is pricey. It's one hundred and twenty dollars. But I do think it would be very effective if you are looking for sensory deprivation one hundred percent this and some comfort with your neck or your head. This is uh, this could be a really good purchase for you or for someone else. So that is where I stand on it. I understand I am not going to isn't bad? See?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay I didn't see this one. Yes, if you're wearing it around your neck and the hood isn't on it, I think it does look better than a regular neck put does it not?
Speaker 1: It? Absolutely? It looks sleeker it It looks much sleeker than a puffy you know U shaped.
Speaker 2: It without the hood on. It does look better.
Speaker 1: You know what I would say, It's a sophisticated neckpillow.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I didn't lead with the Oh now we're back to these other pictures.
Speaker 1: With the hood. Yeah. So if you keep the hood down when you're walking through, you get on the plane, you put the hood on. Who cares what people say or think? DJ just raised his hand. All right, I won't be purchasing this for you, but again, please check out all the details on this. I think very well designed neckpillow for the traveler in your life. All right, Tomorrow, we've got our gift number four. And I'm actually super excited about tomorrow's gift because it's a fun way to get to know your partner, your friends, or even some relatives on a much deeper level. It's time to get really honest, and we're going to try it out on tomorrow's episode of our Holiday Gift Guide. But until then, everyone, we hope you enjoyed listening to our thoughts on the travel pod Pillow I made me Robot alongside DJ Holmes. We'll talk to you soon.