Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Let's just do more.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast one eleven productions, iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia, iHeart Podcast. Let me take a knee and take a breath. I'm gonna be a Columbus Galaxy con in Columbus, Ohio, December second and third, twenty twenty three. So everybody come on out. Let's do a Saul thing, Let's do a Gilmore thing, and just celebrate. So that's that's December two and three, Columbus, Ohio, Columbus Galaxy Con. Hope to see everybody out there. Pop Culture Season six, episode nine, The Prodigal Daughter returns. I'm joined by my trepid Crewe, Amy Sugarman, Taras sued Suzanne French, and again Amy Sugarman. Lorelei calling Luke to let her in the house, with her head peeking through the crack of the door. Lorele land Shark Candygram, Here's Johnny. The land Shark was a recurring character from the sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live, which first appeared during nineteen seventy five as a response to the release of the film Jaws. The sketch depicted the land shark voiced by Chevy Chase attacking several people after knocking on their doors pretending to be a repairman, door to door salesman, or by saying candygram Lorelei is mimicking the iconic scene from the nineteen eighty horror film The Shining The film Jack Torrance played by Jack Nicholson, and his family as he descends into madness at the Overlook Hotel as he grapples with supernatural forces while being isolated in that haunted.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it in full. I mean, I obviously know it, but this is one day you can watch all these movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a classic Kubrick film, Stanley Kubrick film. Yeah. During his psychotic break, Jack breaks to the door with an axe and maniacally announces his presence by claiming, here's Johnny.
Speaker 4: That's the line we all know.
Speaker 3: Luke telling Lorlai to listen to the silence. I don't hear anything exactly. Luke Simon, Garfunkel, Simon and Garfunkle were an American folk rock duo consisting of singer songwriter Paul Simon, and singer Art Garfuncle. They rank as one of the best selling music acts of the nineteen sixties, and their most famous recordings include three US number ones, The Sound of Silence, But for Me, It's Bridge Over Troubled, and I love Paul Simon's later stuff. Remember that you can call me al? Remember that video with Chevy Chase good? Oh yeah, miss oh yeah, that's right, Scott good singing, thank you, good little background.
Speaker 1: I like doing it.
Speaker 3: I liked you did, and I appreciate it. It was it well done. And Paul Simon is married. I hope still to Edie Brokel? Do I have that right?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Remember Edie Brokel? Yes, and the Bohemians or something. I'm pretty sure that is Paul Simon's wife. I will look that up while you read the next one and make sure I'm not wrong.
Speaker 4: So Suki is saying she needs to travel to China for cooking inspiration. Laura says, say hello to Yao, Say hello to Yao Ming for me. Yao Ming is a Chinese basketball executive and former professional player. He played for the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball.
Speaker 3: He was so tall, was he?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, God?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like who he was, and now as I'm reading it, I'm like, oh yeah. He played for the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association and the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association, and during his final season, he was the tallest active player in the NBA at seven six.
Speaker 1: Right, he decided to be seven to six for his final season, Susan French Ladies and gentlemen stepping up to the microphone.
Speaker 5: All right, this is Laurel I inviting Suki and Jackson over for dinner on Saturday night, and Suki says Saturday Night, Laurel I says, I've heard it's all right for fighting. Get a little action in. Laurel I is referring to the song Saturday Nights all Ride for Fighting, originally recorded by Elton John. It was released on Elton John's best selling album in My Yellow Ridden Road in nineteen seven and.
Speaker 1: Was the first thing. Sorry Lane not making eye contact with Laurel I anyway, By the way, Elton John, I mean come on, right, great song, right, classic, I mean, come on.
Speaker 5: The whole album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a.
Speaker 1: Really good ah. Crazy the guy was, he's crazy talented. Lane not making eye contact with Laurelai. Laurela, Yeah, you're giving me a Valerie Cherish, you know, And I don't want to see that, Laurela. I was referring to an American comedy drama series, The Comeback, that stars Lisa Cudrou as sitcom actress Valerie Cherish in modern day Los Angeles. Her trademark trademark line was I don't want to see that. Vanessa Morano, who plays April and Gilmore Girls, stars as Lisa Kudro's daughter. Oh no way, I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's cool. That's a cool reference.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that show at all.
Speaker 4: I don't either, but I like her daughter. Can I do the next one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, you can. I'll let you. I'll lay all.
Speaker 1: Right, Amy, Amy is passing the ball to time.
Speaker 3: I loved it too, You do it?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Lorelei and Luke are fighting. Laura says, oh my god, enjoy with Siria Lane. You major drama queen.
Speaker 1: That was a devastating line. I hears that it's like a houch.
Speaker 5: Well he wasn't being a bit of a drama queen.
Speaker 1: I can. I guess you're right?
Speaker 4: So Laura I is referring to the American comedy drama series Desperate Housewives that ran for eight seasons on ABC from October third, two thousand and four to May thirteenth, twenty twelve, for a total of one hundred and eighty episodes. Set almost Seia Lane, the series follows the lives of a group of women as seen through the eyes of their friend and neighbor, who took her life by suicide in the pilot episode, I kind.
Speaker 3: Of want to rewatch.
Speaker 4: Oh I did it during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: Is it worth it? It's so worth it.
Speaker 4: It's like there are so many episodes that I forgot about and scenes and I was just like, and so many like guests, people who guest starre and you're like, oh my god, this person's in there. So it's a good rewatch And actually, fun fact you can see Withteria Lane when you do the Universal Backlot Tour. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do they still have that Tom Cruise movie where that planes all? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it the world? Yeah? And it's kind of near with Stereia Lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I just went to horran It's well, I mean in October and you walk through that for Horrannites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's legit. Luke, asking how Suki and Jackson are after their fight. I think they enjoyed watching a show for once that didn't have La La playing the guitar. Loralai, I didn't get this, but I'm glad we're I'm glad we do this show because I knew it was something like this. So Loralai is referring to La La, a character from the British children's television series Teletubbies, which focuses on four different colored characters known as the Teletubbies. Recognized for their TV screen bellies and their uniquely shaped antenna, the Teletubbies communicate through gibberish and were designed to resemble toddlers. Literally. I don't think I can watch Teletubbies. Wait, Juzane, did you ever show your Kids or Scott Kaiu? Do you remember Kaiu?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that show.
Speaker 5: My kids were that age. It was annoying.
Speaker 3: They didn't like it. My niece has never gone into the littler ones, never got into Kyu like the older ones. But they love Daniel Tiger. Oh remember, So Daniel Tiger's like mister Rogers, but it's like an spin off cartoon. I never did tell atubbies or what was that other one where it was like Tara, you know, I'm free kind of four kind of creepy guys, and they were like red turtlenecks and red pants.
Speaker 4: Oh that was way past my time. But they're now being what's it.
Speaker 3: Called they go on tour?
Speaker 4: What were those wiggles?
Speaker 3: Wiggles? Have you seen that?
Speaker 4: There's one wiggle that's like viral on TikTok for being so hot.
Speaker 3: I think it's purple. Oh my god, no, literally.
Speaker 4: Like he like post like kind of like thirst traps.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I literally am going straight to TikTok now. Oh sorry, my TikTok got so loud, like just type in like purple wiggle. I'm doing it as we speak, purple.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, while Amy is looking at wiggles on TikTok, I'll do the next one. This is Laurela I telling Luke all her secrets.
Speaker 3: Lor my gosh, what sorry, mam. He literally does he's all his tattoos and he's doing like one armed pushups. Oh my god, everybody join in the fun anyway.
Speaker 5: Sorry, continue guys, Okay, Laurel I says, when I was in fifth grade. I I told everybody that Eric Estrada was my boyfriend, and then he used to make out on his motorcycle. Eric Strata is an American actor a police officer, known for his co starring lead role as California Hiwie patrol officer Frank Llewellyn Poncerello in the police drama television series Chips, which ran from nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Tonight, who would like so many fun facts about Chips?
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 3: I know you do. First of all, doesn't it just make you hear d d? Okay, here's the best thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch that show?
Speaker 3: What? So you know their boss the captain Robert Pine, father of Chris Pine. Also who doesn't remember the Laife Garrett? I believe roller Rink episode, And remember when there was some sort of contract dispute and John disappeared for a minute, and then they had like the fake random fill in. They had John, they had that other blonde guy, and then there was like they did pull a cousin Oliver because then remember they brought in that young hunk. Oh my god, I love something.
Speaker 5: Pennhall.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he took over for Larry Wilcox for a minute.
Speaker 5: And there wasn't Bruce Jenner on it too.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, it's so like Conic. It was all around town too. It's just all around town.
Speaker 1: The next one.
Speaker 3: Remember seven Mary three and four, sorry, Scott Bring. That was their their badges or whatever, like when they got on the radio and they'd be like seven or when the nine one one person would be like seven Mary three and four there's a you know, gun incident on the blah blah blah. I almost haid a swear word. I watched it in reruns. I think I was born in seventy four, so like in the eighties, this was like full reruns.
Speaker 1: And I would offer this as a class at Berkeley.
Speaker 3: No, that was Star Trek the Next Generation, but that was Star Trek was chief. So I took that Star Trek the Next Generation.
Speaker 5: I watched them live as they aired in nineteen seventy seven Sunday nights at eight o'clock on Channel four.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dum dum, dum dumb.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And Eric Strata is still around just crushing it. I think he was.
Speaker 1: He was at he was at a convention I did.
Speaker 3: I think he Christmas Parade.
Speaker 1: Not too long ago, but he didn't. He didn't sit in the green room with the rest of us.
Speaker 3: Oh heat Paunch wanted to be on his own.
Speaker 1: He was at his own private area. Cracks.
Speaker 3: I think that one of them.
Speaker 4: I have to say this showed my age because I thought I was thinking of there's an Eric Estrada who's in hotown the bandits.
Speaker 3: It's not the same.
Speaker 1: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: No, I knew it. I knew it. But like you use a name though, eric Estrada.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's spelled the same way.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, amazing, amazing.
Speaker 3: There's only one Frank Pontrella right there.
Speaker 1: You're darn right there is well stated Amy Laurel I and Emily on a plane, Emily, because you don't do something like by a plane without looking at it first. I'm not Elvis, Laurel. I, Ah, my mistake. I thought you were. I apologize for sending those policeman badges for Christmas. Elvis Presley was an American singer and actor known as the King of rock and roll. He's regarded as one of the most significant cultural figures of the twentieth century. Over his career, Elvis collected a number of police badges from nearly every city he visited. Who saw the movie the Elvis Movie by was it? Boz Lherman did it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes, yes, with Austin Butler.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: There were moments where I was like, is that Elvis? Like Austin Butler was so elvisy that I was just like.
Speaker 1: He did a great job.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was just such a great film. And and you know, I know Hanks got criticized for his portrayal of the.
Speaker 3: Character Colonel what was that guy's name, the colonel Colonel Parker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did a great job. Great job.
Speaker 3: Okay, so everybody lengthy movies a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Let's hear your yeah right, because you wanted to get to chips reruns, Susanne, let's hear your Elvis impersonation. Elvis impersonations.
Speaker 5: I am not.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, go ahead, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even know how to do it.
Speaker 3: Elvis County Jail. Everyone was in it began to whale.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 3: I love that one lyrics of that our is so good? And what does he say, like, yeah, what's the second verse? When he's like, oh, so good. Have to look it up while you guys do your.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, thank you very much, Thank you very much, Tara, go ahead, you're Elvis impersonation.
Speaker 4: Please, thank you, thank you very much. I don't have anything else.
Speaker 3: I love what the lyric says. If you can't find a partner, use wooden chair. Let's rock so good?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: What, Suzanne? We need your Elvis impersonation. We need an attempt. You are the queen. Let's go.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, impersonations were not in my contract, but just that.
Speaker 1: The impersonation is that the impersonation? Yes, go ahead, here we go, French ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: I have to I have to copy Tara and say thank you very much.
Speaker 1: There you go excellent. Alrighty, alrighty, alrighty is that going to do it?
Speaker 3: That's that sounded like McConaughey, a past man, My god, see you.
Speaker 1: All next w all right, so next episode, Season six, episode ten, boy, it's flying bye kids. What are we going to do when it ends? Uh? He's slipping in bread dig see you next time. Thank you, ladies, she say French Tara sud Amy sugarman, We will see you next time. Thanks for your cards, your letters, your emails, your smoke signals, all that great stuff. Keep it coming, remember we I am all in. Stay safe, everyone, my.
Speaker 2: Modesty, everybody to forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com