Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast is V Joey, P Joe Pi Zapia and we are almost there, folks, opening Day, just days away, hours away, minutes even if you can count that high, and the Welsh and I will be there live leading off for you twelve thirty Eastern right here. Of course, you can always listen back or watch it back on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB every Monday through Thursday, though we excuse me, Monday through Friday, and I don't know who's taking Friday off. Monday through Friday, we're gonna be live here on the show doing leading off, giving you the best there is in fantasy headlines, the best there is in fantasy content, of course, a little betting content to to wet your whistle with. And if you have enjoyed all of our draft coverage leading up to the baseball season, well make sure you go ahead and leave a nice review Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review and subscribe to the YouTube channel. That's the best way to thank us for all the support we've seen you screen shotting all of your many drafts. Welsh, I'm sure you're getting a ton of grade my drafts. It is like I have in the last couple of weeks and so far, I have to say our audience is pretty smart.
Speaker 2: I had somebody hit me up.
Speaker 3: It's like, I was gonna ask you to grade my draft, and then I wondered, how much do you get asked that? And I haven't answered him yet, be like, oh, it's all you would think. I am my own product right now. As far as the Welsh Wizard of giving you guys a grade, you can do that here at Fantasy Pros with the Draft Wizard and the Draft Assistant, you can get grades and we can tell you how you did. That would actually, by the way, be the best suggestion for all you guys that are asking us to grade. Go and do your drafts. Make sure they're attached to the Fantasy Pros product, because you will literally get approval from us.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's definitely a lot.
Speaker 3: The grades are interesting, and sometimes you get those people that you're like, are you in a three person league?
Speaker 2: How did you dominate?
Speaker 3: How you did? But people are doing it. I am still drafting all the way up until opening day. By the way, I'm going to do another DC. I got the home league on Wednesday, all the way up until leading off and opening Day, which I will be at Bogman flying out here to Phoenix. We'll be going to Diamondbacks opening Day on Thursday.
Speaker 1: So how fun. The Mets opening Day I think is gonna get rained out. So that's a win that's appropriate for US Mets fans. But again, if you've enjoyed everything, it takes two seconds to leave a review wherever you listen to your podcast or of course go to Fancybros dot com slash MLB review and please subscribe and ring that bell till it goes dang. And you love when you ring that bell. We love when you ring the bell because when you subscribe and do that and you drop a comment below on a video, you might win our new prize, which is the Trophy Smack Ultimate Fantasy Baseball Championship give Away. We're giving away the trophy. Make sure you get in there and get it sooner than later. Again, it's from Trophy Smack. It is incredible. We're giving that away for one of the lucky leagues, So make sure you take advantage of this opportunity to go ahead right now and subscribe to the channel, drop your comments below, and ring the bell so you know if you're the big winner of the trophy Smack Prize. Today's show is going to be about the end of spring training, the things we are taking away where some guys are going on the upsosse maybe some guys that are going on the downswing at the very end. Spring training, I always say doesn't mean much except for the people that it means everything for and for some guys it just means a little bit more in terms of proving you're healthy, proving you are back on track, or also whether or not you're coming away in the spring into the regular season with a job that's very important. So Welsh, give me three guys that are actually on the rise after spring training that you feel really good about where their directions going as we head into the regular season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I just want to like add on to what you're saying. Spring training is tough because like the teaching moment for all of us is like, don't fall into what happens in spring positively or negatively. But spring does become narrative based, and I would totally acknowledge that, like everybody, like the joke meme going on right now in the fantasy baseball space is like, you know, hey, spring stats don't mean anything except when it improves my narrative except for this guy that it does, so like I acknowledge that, but listen, it does go both ways. There are guys that are gonna show with signs in spring that carry over and amazing things happen. There are guys that are going to struggle in spring that's gonna be like completely out of our brains once the season starts. So this is tough. This is narrative base I completely acknowledge it. So here were three players I kind of painstakingly was trying to pick between because, like I said, there are plenty of guys that put up just insane numbers. So who do you pick from? So my number one, I'm going over to Pittsburgh Pirates starting pitcher who just made the team, Jared Jones. These are the type of guys that I'm really hyper focused on. I got Lucky bog Me and I are doing the Shares episode coming up here soon on itl and he said one of my highest shares was Jared Jones. And he's like, you're gonna look pretty smart because I got him in very early drafts, and Jared Jones is coming off of what is a pretty great spring. The greatness is he did not give up a single run in spring over sixteen innings.
Speaker 2: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: What's not great the strikeout numbers, based on where he usually is, seemed to be a little bit lower under nine K pro nine. He was kind of wid and that's gonna be something I'm a little worried could come back to haunt him. But he made the opening day roster. And this is a guy that has popped really in their minor league system for quite a long time.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be in the rotation. This is huge.
Speaker 3: There are big strikeout numbers, He's got a good arsenal of pitches. I think this is a guy that's got to be picked up pretty much everywhere. Maybe not in ten team leagues, but I'm putting him on the back end of my bench. Your drafts are over, okay, maybe you can try to slide him through on some some free you know, waiver claim or maybe really low fab or something like that. I'd like to get him.
Speaker 2: Spring did Jared.
Speaker 3: Jones really really well, and he's gonna be on the rotation number two, Colton Kowser with the Baltimore Orioles. How disappointed was I when Jackson Holiday did not make the team a lot?
Speaker 2: So much so I'm gonna put the I'm gonna put the excuse.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go print the excuse out all the nonsense they said, I'm gonna put it behind me for leading off, and we're gonna just keep that there until.
Speaker 2: He gets up there. They're like, oh, you know, he's got to learn.
Speaker 3: He left, he's a little bit more and little lack of pro experience and okay, learning a new position. He's fine, he's great in spring. But the guy that was able to kind of push all of that, it wasn't Kobe Mayo, wasn't Jackson Holiday, it wasn't Heston Kershed. It was Colton Kowser, who lost prospect eligibility I.
Speaker 2: Think last year, but had six homers.
Speaker 3: This spring. He hit three h four and he made the team. Do we want to read too much into those home run numbers? No, not necessarily, But here was the deal. He was a really good contact hitter in the miners leading up to last season, and then the power just kind of dissipated.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh, Oh, who is this guy? He is a home run a hitter.
Speaker 3: He's a twenty five plus home run guy, and he now made the roster and he's gonna get time. Colton Kowser with the Baltimore Ools is another one of those players I would try to be picking up and Spring did him well the spring numbers and pushed him into the starting roster. It's something you should be paying attention to.
Speaker 2: I know I was.
Speaker 3: And then the final one, I got a picture for you. How about aj puck aj pukright, phenomenal thirteen innings with a one three to two Spring Era, fifteen strikeouts, which equated to a forty one percent K percentage. Why else do we like this? Well, they're kind of a mess. That Marlin's rotation is just kind of disastrous. He gets a longer lease, he added in. Everyone talked about it. He's got that sweeper slider, he add in, kind of a more bullet slider, which is just more of a like it's kind of cutterish. It's just like the sweeper is coming across his zone. This one has got easy bite, having two versions of that slider to go along with that fastball. He's being a little bit more consistent, not walking at bad rates that he did before, and a forty one percent k percentage in Spring. Let's not not pay attention to that. Let's pay attention to the added repertoire to his arsenal. Let's pay attention to the strikeout numbers. And now let's throw him in to a team where he is going to have a longer leash, really because they have to. Ajpuck is a huge riser from Spring, So Colton kwser Aj Puck and throw Jerry Jones. Those are three guys that were on my Spring rises.
Speaker 1: And another guy too who you know. I mean, we're looking at him now. Puck is going to be twenty nine years old this year, which is kind of stunning to think of that. I feel like there's so many years there. We were waiting on him to pop with the Oakland A's all these years, it just never really came to fruition. Injuries derailed him. The A's organization itself, I think you could probably argue derailed him too. But he's also a bigger guy. He's a six to seven pitcher Welsh and sometimes those guys take a little bit longer. I mean, Randy Johnson was a bigger picture. Took him a long time to really kind of harness mechanics and all that. There's been a lot of guys in that ILK that you could say that about, and maybe it's a late bloomer situation, but you're right, man, Miami needs him in the worst way, especially with that Perez injury. Max Meyers another guy is who's eventually we're gonna, you know, see him. I think too, and we'll see you know. The Marlins certainly were more competitive last year than people realized, but Puck could be a huge addition to this rotation. They desperately need somebody to step up. Let's take a quick break in the action and tell you about Underdog Fantasy. MLB draft season is here and the easiest play to play fantasy baseball is it Underdog Fantasy. We've already been active in their best ball format fantasy drafts, where you draft your team over twenty rounds at The best score from your team that you drafted becomes your score for each week in the MLB season. Drafts are constantly filling each and every day, So go to Underdog Fantasy right now and draft in the dinger for your share for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars in prizes, with first place being a cool one hundred k. It's only ten dollars a draft, and the tournament closes on opening Day, March twenty eighth. So jump in now, sign up for Underdog and use that promo code fp MLB. That's FP MLB to get your first deposit match up to one hundred dollars. That's ten free dinger drafts. And that promo code is fp MLB. And join the Underdog today and get drafting in the upcoming MLB season. And now back to the action. My three guys on the way up. As spring training came to a close, Johnny Brido of the San Diego Padre is gonna be the fifth starter in that Padres rotation, which is deep, folks. I mean that is a good rotation. I keep saying it's the best rotation in that division, and that's saying something I think. But top to bottom, I think it's the deepest one. I think it's going to be very good so far. Johnny Brito in spring got enough's a really good start thirteen innings, pitched a one point two to three whip, a two point zero eight Era sixteen strikeouts, just three walks. That's the thing. It really stock out to me when it comes to Brito too, and he's got this spot here, I don't think it's going anywhere. I think he's gonna have a decent leash here in this rotation. So you know, Michael King's gonna be the fourth starter. Then he got Darvish, Dylan Cec and Joe Musgrove at the top of it. That is a formidable group. I think the Padres are gonna be very competitive. I think we saw a little snippet of that last week in the Korean series, and the Padres are going to be something you have to deal with. Machado is gonna be fine and everything else either without Sodo, that lineup still has enough in it between Tatise and Machado in the middle of it and Away Kim played last year and of course Versusandre Bogart's second half very encouraging. So Brio's a guy that I'd be picking up everywhere, stashing on my bench two start weeks. Brio would absolutely early on if he can continue this pace, be a guy that I'd throw out there. Frankie Montas closed Spring very well, I know you look at the era when it comes to Mantas, but even though it was a little high in the fives in spring, I think the thing you take away is over the sixteen innings, sixteen strikeouts, five walks, it's a good ratio for him. The last start he had was very good. He feels healthy. It's not that long ago. It's a few years ago. This guy had two hundred strikeouts in the season. Right. It's health when it comes to Montas, not talent. I think we can all agree on that. We were all very excited about him back in twenty twenty one in the fantasy community, but unfortunately injuries kind of took its toll. We know last year was a lost season for Montas. We all knew it was a bad idea with the Yankees trade for him. We said it on the show, and of course is exactly what happened on leading off is exactly what we predicted, which is things we're going to go south. But now a guy who qualifies Welsh in some spots at RP and SP that gives you a lot of flexibility. I think Montas is a guy worth taking. I took him for a buck in my last draft, and you know what, it's looking pretty good right now because that Reds team also has a chance to be very good and could even challenge for that Division two. And the last one is another Cincinnati read Christian Incarnassion Strand, who why everyone's talking about White Langford and they should. But Strand is also a guy who had a phenomenal Spring five homers, fourteen RBI hit three point thirty three with a three eighty two OVP and a seven eighty four slugging and eleven sixty six ops. The guy was tremendous. Now, look, we all know that, you know, every young player is always going to have ups and downs. He's still a young player. But Welsh coming out of Spring the way the Wyatt Langford ADP and price just has skyrocketed. I mean, he went for thirty five dollars in a last salary cap, but we got it was crazy thirty five dollars, right. Strand is not going for that. Strand is not going to be that same kind of thing. He is kind of floating under the radar, underneath guys on his own team, guys like Elie de la Cruz, guys like Matt McLain. You know, he is still kind of floating in relative and they by comparison, and I don't think you should be I think you should take advantage of that while you can. So those are three guys going in the right direction, Welsh. Give me some guys that maybe are going in the wrong direction, or maybe you have concerns about as we enter the season because spring trading was not necessarily kind to them for one reason or another.
Speaker 3: Now you know, And I think here's a great question to throw out too, because I am I'm gonna pick on myself for this one, my first one. But you know what are you more prone to focus on with spring? Are you more prone to focus on the ups? Or are you more prone to focus.
Speaker 2: On the downs?
Speaker 3: I feel like me I tend to put a little bit more focus on the positives. I feel like publicly we put more focus on the negatives. I could be wrong about that, of course, and you know people disagree, but I feel.
Speaker 1: Like negatives in spring are tough because you have those moments where a picture is just working on a pity. I'm just throwing fastballs today. Kids sure like they don't care about results. That's the danger of it. It's the little ballparks. It's the uh, you know guys that I've never faced before, and you know I can't throw you know, high fastballs to you know these guys because they're gonna hit out of ballparks or the wind is blowing out that day. I mean, there's so many weird variables in spring it makes the negatives difficult to gauge. I think, well, that's the hardest part for me anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of agree, especially when it's like two talent. So again, this is the here's the balance. You guys figure out your own balance, so here's mine. So here's the way I'm picking on myself while also giving a slight caveat.
Speaker 2: I talked a lot about.
Speaker 3: Jared Kelnick early on when we were doing early draft videos that I think he's a guy.
Speaker 2: That can break out.
Speaker 3: But Jared Kelnick had a poor Spring, and that's saying it lightly. So number one on this list is going to be Jared Kelnick, because let's not deny that he is a faller as far as Spring goes from a performance standpoint, he hit one thirty five gross, He had one extra base hit the whole time he was hitting everything into the ground.
Speaker 1: He had a.
Speaker 3: I think it was sixty percent pull rate within over fifty percent ground ball, So he was just seeing everything get bad and putting everything on the ground.
Speaker 2: Can that balance back?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think again the ballpark factor for left handed hitters is beneficial for Atlanta. Kelnick started to come on right towards the end of spring. He's gonna steal He's just got a hit for average. That's a big thing. But so why if I'm caveating being like, hey, he could still be kind of good, why am I putting him on this list? The biggest negative is they brought in Adam de vall and I think that one stands out to me of some form of platoon. There's no longer the DH spot for a guy like Devaal to go to. That's Marcelo Zuna's, so they're legit could be platoon situations. This also might not be the worst situation for Kelnick. If you can get Keelnick away from his from whatever bad split platoon situations are going on, and you can just put him in the right one. Maybe he gets less at bats, but categorically he can put up big numbers. But I'm not gonna deny that he didn't have a bad, bad spot down.
Speaker 1: I think all the guys we're going to talk about. Down doesn't mean done, It just means down. So understand that. It doesn't mean you're avoiding these players all together. It just means, hey, you got to be aware of the downside of spring training, as you mentioned, filtering into organization's minds too, as they and to make roster moves based on how guys were before me in the spring, because they need insurance too, just like your fantasy team needs insurance.
Speaker 3: And ADP's are going down too. That's the other thing. Like this spring, here's another one we're not going to deny. This spring has moved Jared Kelnick's value down dramatically. Yes, but I'm still taking him now because he's even he's becoming like free. Before he was like, oh okay, he's in like the two hundreds twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Now he's becoming free.
Speaker 3: I just did a dinger draft and I took him as like my seventh outfielder because I'm still gonna take the shots, because I don't want to say spring is everything. But on the down here's another one. This is like one of the most popular last pick sleepers. For so many people. But it's been a spring for him. Matt Walner. Matt Wallner because he had you know, huge hard hit numbers. It can barrel the ball. If given the opportunity, he could be a thirty home run hitter and you're getting him for free.
Speaker 2: All of these things can still be into play.
Speaker 3: But he has had a piss poor spring, hitting one oh seven with a forty percent strikeout rate, which is so here's the big thing I want to throw out to this because it's not that Matt Waldner can't not be good. But they've got other guys. They've got Willie Castro, who's a player that stole a ton of bases in short sample sizes, that can play the infield.
Speaker 2: In the outfield, You've got keer Lof still dealing with the DH spot.
Speaker 3: You've got brooks Lee who got sent down and probably deserved to stay on this team. I'm not saying all these guys are outfielder's. What I'm saying is is there are other players ready to snatch up potential opportunities here, and Matt Waldner may have put himself into a situation where he did not take the job and run away with it.
Speaker 2: You could see him get into platoons.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was always going to be there where Willie Castro takes that so really really bad spring.
Speaker 2: He's on the down. And my final one, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Take it to a pitcher in Eric Fetti, who was again a very popular sleeper. Scott White, me and him talk about it a bunch. He was like a Muss draft guy. Started moving down the list first off the spring, pretty bad five over five era x FIP was right into the mid fours. Strikeouts looked really low. Fourteen innings, he only struck out eight, which is not really what everybody wanted. Everyone thought he was going to come over with advanced splitter and everything is going to be amazing. Here's the other deal. The team did pull the trigger on getting Dylan Ceeze off of this team. So they're now going to war with guys like Garrett Crochet, who's the opening day starter, and you've got Eric Fetti and you've got Mike Soroka. The rotation doesn't look great. The offense is still kind of stuttered. Defensively, they're not that great, and Fetti banged himself up the other day. I think I don't know if he's going to start the season on the il, but he's already showing some injury stuff.
Speaker 2: This is a plus thirty year old.
Speaker 3: Guy whose stuff hasn't looked fantastic in spring, who's getting a little bit banged up on a horrifically bad team.
Speaker 2: I'm picking on low guys, so it's.
Speaker 3: Like, who cares about these players that are going up and down and rising and falling. But Fetti was a guy who's drafting everywhere. I'm a little tenuous about it now, and I think we have to consider that the spring has moved him to maybe not a must draft, to maybe a player that you're looking to stream if he gets off to a hot start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely U Again, you gotta understand the context. We're not saying these guys are completely avoidable, but we're saying that spring does matter sometimes for certain guys. I think it means a little bit for DJ Lemayhew. That's the way I'm going to start here with my guys moving down. Not just the injury unfortunately to him, but also if you look at what he's done this spring, or should I say hasn't done this spring? A five point thirty five ops and a two twenty two batting average spring before the injury. That's not making me feel warm and fuzzy. I know he's going to hit at the top of the Yankee lineup. Theoretically when he's there, it's healthy. Yeah, but again it's theoretical at this point. And then conversely, we've talked a lot about the possibility of Vulpi taking that spot from him sooner than later, and I continue to beat that drumwells because I think it's going to happen to Vulpy. Conversely, had a very nice spring showing you all the things you got excited about Anthony Volpey. I mean, I remember having Eric Cross on last year and the year before, and he kept and this is a Red Sox guy, just continuing to talk about how great Anthony Volpi was, and he would just go on and on out of and he was right. And I think that d J. L. Mayhew is a player that a lot of people thought, Hey, I'm gonna take him a He's gonna be the top of the orders again to score one hundred runs. I don't know. I'm starting to think that we might be at the end of the road here, but possibly with DJ Lemayhew like this, the guy's gonna get dropped in the order. There's a guy that could even get replaced at some point at his position as the Yankees continue to struggle with health right now, between Cole and Rizzo now le Mayhew. I mean, it is a lot going on here for the Yankees, and I think le may is a player going the wrong direction. Age is not his friend. Previous performance the last couple of years is not his friend. I think this is kind of a fork in the road, and if the Yankees were smart, they wouldn't dwell in the past year. If it's not working out. I understand wanted to give the guy as benefit of doubt. You give him a month in that spot when he's healthy, see what happens. But if it's not working out and Volpi's hitting, you have to make that change. Next on this list again kind of like one of Welsh's here with kell Nick and Duval Mark Vientos. So the New York Mets qualifies at first third d h kind of guy, right, I think with Viento's basically it comes down to this. He did flash power. He had five home runs in the spring, but the problem is he had nineteen strikeouts, too way too much swing and miss, two thirty two batting average, a two fifty nine OVP. Those things aren't good. So what did the Mets do? They signed Jad Martinez, which is very very smart here because the Mets are probably not going to be competing. In my opinion, I don't think that pitching staff is good enough to compete for a playoff spot. We'll see, maybe I'll be wrong. Typically I'm right when it comes to the Mets, which is unfortunate because usually it's a negative. But at the same time, Jady Martinez probably not going to spend the whole year with the Mets if things do go south, so Biento's will get a shot eventually. It makes him a really fascinating by low in dynasty leagues right now, Welsh, because the market's kind of gone the other way on him. I think he's a player that has twenty five home run power at the big league level. He does need to fix the strikeouts, he does need to make more contact. I think those are things that he could work on. But my goodness, that interview that he gave after when they realized that they signed Jad Martinez. Vento's clearly was not happy about this and clearly new I'm going back to the league's things are not going to work out for me here, at least not yet. And sometimes players respond very well to that, They respond with a chip on their shoulder, and I think that's a good thing, possibly for Vento's, so keep that in mind. Interesting by Lowen dynasty not a guy right now in redraft circles need to pay attention to. But the JD. Martinez thing, He's an older player. It's not gonna last all year. Vento's at some point will get another shot, so this is more of a long term thing. But certainly a guy going the opposite direction this spring is not going to start twenty twenty four in a good spot here, but hopefully in the minor leagues he produces, and if he does, put him on that watch list because you might want to add him sooner than later, because there's always going to be injuries and opportunities at some point in the season. Third one is a big name Welsh and I'm not saying I'm not drafting this guy. And I remember some spring trainings in fact one in particular years ago it was Zach Greenk's first cy young actual season where I think as ERA was like nineteen. In the spring, it was terrible. I'm exaggerating only slightly. That's how bad Granky was that spring. He ended up winning the cy Young that year, and people were fading him and freaking out because it was such a terror. Oh my god, what's wrong with Cranky. I don't want to say, oh my god, what's wrong with logan Web, but Welsh, Oh my god, what's wrong with logan Web. He's a ten nine to six ERA over twenty one innings this spring. He whip is at one eight seven. Now, the strikeout rate's still pure goal twenty two strikeouts, just three walks. So that's kind of my safe haven when it comes to logan Web. But he has given up thirty seven hits in those twenty one innings. Now I assume this is a guy just working the kinks out. Logan Web has been so consistent. He's kind of like my safe word in fantasy logan Web. Like when I don't like how the pitching looks on the board or things are getting uncomfortable, I'll just scream out logan Web and draft logan Web. But all of a sudden, it feels a little less safe this spring after this last couple rounds here. So I'm gonna put this to you. Is this the classic case of you overreacting to spring with a guy who's got nothing but good track record. Is he hiding an injury? Is there something more brewing here when it comes to Logan Web or what? Because these numbers are not great when it comes to Logan Web, and this is another picture we're counting on to anchor fantasy rotations.
Speaker 3: This is an ear muff situation. I'm just put my ear mus on. I'm not listening to any of it. These are all bad words, not doing this. This is the example, and by the way, this will be what we look back on if Logan Web like starts off really rough and then maybe he picks.
Speaker 2: It back up blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But this is the prime like spring example of I don't care to your point, though he's given up the most earned runs of any single picture in all of spring training, he is getting demolished. There's not a lot of that stack cast data is just not like available unless he's gone to Salt River, which is the bummer. You'd like to see more of it, you'd like to assume there's a lot of work. But this is like the safety there's a safety net to this. Here's a positive. By the way, some of these pictures you go and look at, and this is what worries me.
Speaker 2: I pick and choose some of the things.
Speaker 3: One thing that worries me with pictures is when I see walk numbers get out of control, like era is whatever and whatever. But like when I see walk numbers that look at normal or walk numbers that are carrying somebody, listen, Jerry Jones ten percent walk rate. I don't love that. And I picked him as a as an up. Logan web is three walks, all spring pitching to a ton of contact. Unfortunately a lot of contact.
Speaker 1: Maybe, so I mentioned earlier. I was like, I'm, uh, walk rates low, strikeout rates high. I don't care about the five VRA. Yeah, And that's how about Logan Webs the RA because he's getting hit all over the ballpark, and that to me is a little troubling here.
Speaker 2: I'm just you know, yeah, I'm I'm I'm ignoring all of it.
Speaker 3: If if he had really bad like walk numbers and we had reports of like really bad v LO decreases and stuff like that I'd be more worried push comes to shove into season. It's a great, uh pitcher friendly ballpark. You heard JD Martinez. I don't know if everybody saw this. JD Martinez talked about why he didn't sign with San Francisco. He literally cited how not hit or friendly that ballpark is, and how if he were to go there and his power numbers were to struggle, people would think he's done and he might not be able to earn some more money. He literally went to Mets because it's more friendly and avoided. That's a good pitcher thing. So he you know, the stuff is about the same. He's not abnormally walking guys. It's just bad spring numbers. Right now, I am not paying attention to any of it, and I am drafting him, but we will go back and cite this if he does start to struggle early in April.
Speaker 1: Or if there's an injury or something else is wrong. I don't know what's going on. Look, and sometimes there's personal things going on. These are not just you know, numbers on a page or people. There could be a lot going on this guy's personal life for all we know. All I know is that's not the Logan Web we signed up for. It's not the guy we're seeing in the Spring so far, and it probably means nothing, like Welsh's saying, I'm ninety percent sure it means nothing, but there's that ten percent where I'm just a little concerned. And when I have to pay that kind of price for a picture, it gives me pause because he is now even higher up on that trope.
Speaker 3: If you were in a draft right now, I feel like that would be in your head and I'm trying to think of who the guy you like are between.
Speaker 2: But I feel like the.
Speaker 1: Other tyler Glass now or you know, Logan Web right now, I think I would doe tyler Glass now, like.
Speaker 2: Are you a Curby guy? I don't know if you're a Kurby guy.
Speaker 1: I would take Kirby Overweb right now. I wasn't before the Spring.
Speaker 2: I could tell you about this, How about this Yamamoto or Web struggle.
Speaker 1: I'll take Web, but it's for different reasons. But again, like I think the Web track record, he's earned that respect a little bit, and it's not a disrespect Yamamoto, and it's not because of what he did in the first start. You throw these things out the window. I think sometimes with the travel and all the pressure on the weirdness going on there. But there's a question for you too. In a time when we're trying to evaluate players the most, it seems like, don't you think it's weird that stack cast isn't available for every ballpark?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think there's, uh, there's financial components.
Speaker 1: There might be You're right, MEMLB doesn't make a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Right, No, But I'm saying, like teams committee, okay, well, I mean there's a lot of things we could cite to, but it just took like you know, lawyers and public outrage for years for them to like, you know, pay four hundred extra dollars a month to minor leaguers so you know, to put in the bat. There's also advantages if you remember when there was like bubbly type of things going on, teams were allowed to tell other teams, oh, you can't come scout our prospects.
Speaker 2: They weren't allowed to go do it. So like people will take.
Speaker 3: The advantage of hiding certain things or you know sometimes that.
Speaker 1: Crazy like how do you how do you you know, if I want to scout your prospects, I have this thing called the Internet. I can look up pretty much every app bad.
Speaker 3: But they weren't allowing people to come back to backfields and see guys in live looks, which hurts the scouting departments and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, it's all goofy uh there are.
Speaker 1: It just feels weird. This is the time of year where we're trying to evaluate guys. I agree to get into the season to make sure number one they're healthy. Number two who were sending down who we're calling up. And it's like, oh, well, that one ballpark you know has it?
Speaker 2: No, I know, it's stupid.
Speaker 3: It should be a unanimous thing across all parks to have stack cast data so we could see it. But it is available on true media has like all the stuff I think.
Speaker 1: You know what, go fund me, Go fund me. It is stack cast. Go fundme. Sure we can get support for it. We'll create the link it, we'll send it, or we're gonna have one of those sad Sarah McLaughlin commercials where you know, like I do a sad sort of you know, do you realize that almost none of the minor.
Speaker 2: League ms of the pitch.
Speaker 1: Fastballs away understand their hard hit rates in.
Speaker 2: Their barrels of the split.
Speaker 1: You can help if you donate right now. Drops away funny MLB. That was beautiful. That was really good, and this is why you're gonna be with us every single Monday through Friday. Thursday too, but Monday through Friday. If we're leading off right here on Fantasy Bros. MLB, and don't forget, and make sure you drop a review of the show too, because we appreciate It's literally like the least you could do. It takes two seconds, but we really appreciate it. Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review. If you've been watching the shows, listening to the shows, or both, we appreciate you being part of it, and clearly are because subscriber numbers just keep ongoing up and up and up. And remember that trophy smack giveaway is not gonna give itself away, So drop your comments below. Ring the belt to that goes ding and we will see you Thursday for opening day where Welsh and I are gonna wig out. Baby. That's right, we hit eighteen thousand subs. We will be wearing wigs on the program. What kind of wigs? Yes and stashes? What kind of wigs, well, that's to be determined, but wigs nonetheless, so that'll do it for us. However, the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, We'll see you on opening day.