Speaker 1: Swings high, understanding, deep to center field, and it's gone, Wow.
Speaker 2: His first big league swing is gonna be a grand slam, the home line swing.
Speaker 3: Good time to the SUP.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Call Up, your go to podcast in the future Stars in Major League Baseball. You got arm Laighton, Elijah Evans, and we've got a heat sheet today. It feels like it's been forever since I said that we.
Speaker 3: Had the All Star break. We had a bunch of other things going on.
Speaker 4: The draft of course too, still have the draft recap coming up in the next few days. But men, it has been overdue to catch up with the minor leaguers that have been performing less of a break too than the big leaguers. We've got minor league games kind of more quickly on both ends of the break, So a lot of games to catch up on here, and a lot of new names that we're going to be talking about in today's episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a fun group today. We got we have a tongue going on in the JB world. You'll hear about them more later and into this week. We have like six different new fun ventures we're working on right now, which is keeping us both busy but the minor league side of things.
Speaker 5: There is so much.
Speaker 2: I angled this heat sheet basically all of July because we had two weeks prior to the break, we had the All Star Break, and then we've had you know, five games since then, so our four to three games since then, So combination kind of, like you said, a little bit overdue here, but a variety of like some top prospects, some names that we've definitely never talked about, some names, one name that I just heard of earlier today because you mentioned it to me. So it is a really fun group here. I think that the start of it is a little bit more some bigger end names. And we'll kick it off here with on Hellca now of the Guardians organization, talk about somebody that you know, I know you guys are going to get into this in the call at you with Jack sometime soon, but like get out could be locking.
Speaker 5: On the knocking on the door point.
Speaker 2: And he's had a good year, but really turning it up of late this past month for him. You see him finding it in triple after you know, starting the year double, getting the triple, being a little bit slower out of the gate the past month, he's been unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now has just always been one of the more talented players in the field anytime I watch it. And this is a guy that's in a really good farm system.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But now, even when the numbers didn't quite maybe match some of the people that you'd see around him or some of the prospects ranked near him, you would see the field to hit from both sides. You could project the power, the arm strength on the defensive side of things, and it was just kind of this waiting for it all to come together. This is definitely a guy that has added some strength now as he has progressed into his age twenty two ish season. He's in twenty one, I think for more of the season too, So age twenty one slash twenty two season. At the upper levels as a switch hitter, you've seen the hard hit rate jump by fifteen percent for her. Now you've seen the bats ball exactly the same, which is great because that's already been an asset for him, eighty eight percent in one contact, eighty one percent overall contact. So you parlay that with much better quality of contact. And the other aspect that I was always waiting on for him was the swing decisions, and he's cut his chase rate by eight percent this year. So you take a guy that always had good bats of ball skills from both sides of the plate, and you improve the quality of contact, you improve the swing decisions, and it's not a surprise that at age twenty one to twenty two you're seeing Canal really settle in at the Triple A level, where I'm really fascinated too.
Speaker 3: Now is just kind of where he fits in. But the fun part for him, and like you said, we're going to talk about guys that could get caught up sooner rather than later.
Speaker 4: The fun part with Henw is his arm strength is ridiculous and I think he could be a phenomenal third basement already played ten games at Triple A at third. I like him at short still, but obviously they've got Rokio doing great things there, and obviously Ramirez is still out, so you have a short term potential option there. Maybe with the injury they want a DH here and there. You could play hen now at a little bit of second base, but you've got Bizana, so now it becomes this complex situation there. I'm interested to see how they figure it out. But at least now gives himself a little bit more of an opportunity by being able to play all three infield spots. And the one thing that will answer all of those questions, or at least force the Guardians to find an answer, is if now hits, they need offense, they need power, and even all of a sudden, he's starting to add a little bit more of that. With the ten homers this year, They'll find a spot for him, one way or another.
Speaker 2: His approach has also been ridiculous the past month of games for now fifteen walks, three strikeouts, and he's hitting over four hundred in that spin in his last twenty games of play, So he's got to get on base at a five hundred clip. He's not striking out at all lately, and he's walking at a crazy high clip too. So like he just I think for a team like Cleveland right where like you look at it and you're just like without Jay Ram, like you need to find any way to get more offensive juice in that lineup. Yeah he's twenty two, and yeah he's kind of still mixing around positionally, but like that guy, it would be an improvement to their lineup. And you know, they're pushing for a division right now, they're in a really tight race with the Docks at the top, and like he's going to help that lineup one way or another at some point, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like and I'm excited to see how they try to find that, because the follow up on that is, like, the two things that I would be most concerned about for now at the big league level would be like, hey, the quality context isn't good enough, so it's gona put a lot more pressure on the hit tool and finding the gaps, which he's closed that eighty seven miles prior average xuvosity in ninety. The other is, hey, he's a little bit over zealous. Pitchers may pick on that he's improved that as well. So I know they have this love affair with Gabriel Arius, but there may be a point where they can't pal with the forty three percent strikeout right and they make an adjustment there. Before you know, you get Jose Ramirez back. But if not, it's gonna be tough to figure out where exactly good play Bizana. It's tough because his fun as he is offensively is not a good hitter. Excuse he's not a good defender, excuse me. So he's just not good at second base, you would presumably be upgrading there, but I don't think they're gonna want to take Bazana off a second. I'm I'm interested to see how the Guardians figure it out. But they have another guy knocking on out the door on Triple A that can swing the bat a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're gonna make that push, and he's another guy that will be right in the mix for them going forward. Going over to our second player up here, Peyton Graham of the Tigers organization. Not someone I think we've talked about on the call up so far, but the numbers are just dotty for this guy, so I had to mention it. He's you know, he's twenty five years old and was a second rounder in twenty twenty two. But it's been definitely a slower development track generally speaking for Graham, who really hasn't had you know, a plus minor league season.
Speaker 5: He helps injuries.
Speaker 2: Last year he was good in an HIA and this year has been even better at Double A. So yeah, he's a little bit old for the level, but fifty stolen bases through through seventy four games so far this season, it's getting on base in an over four to thirty clip, particularly of late Peyton Graham has just been awesome and has really looked like someone that the Tiger is like. I don't know if it's this year, but like going from a former second round pick who kind of didn't have a ton of energy around him, dealing with injuries a slower track, last year started to look like something, and this year really looks like something.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Yeah, this is fun.
Speaker 4: The Tigers seem to have these guys I feel like, almost more than other orgs where seems like they've stalled out developmentally, like oh, maybe not as exciting as you thought when you drafted him a little bit earlier, and then all of a sudden in year three or four, something seems to click and Graham seems like another one. And we saw Valencia make his big LEIG debut for them and hit that homer. This is fun because Graham is also really versatile, and this is another team that I think they're going to be interested to plug in certain guys of different spots, even if it's not this year when they're trying to project things out for next year. Graham has played, you know, and I think you can play a solid shortstop. But he's also because I think they want him to be the super utility type. He's played some center field, a little bit all of a sudden, he's played a little bit of left field obviously, plenty of reps at second base as well. You mentioned the speed and that wrinkle to his game. The fact that it's fifty one on fifty four tries is crazy. So it's not just high volume guy that's just exposing you know, bad catch and throw with catchers or just pitchers that don't hold anybody. On his average ex of voss, he's up two and a half miles per hour this year.
Speaker 3: He's elevating more consistently.
Speaker 4: And again the contact rates are holding serve exactly so when you see another player chase rate cut down by ten percent, so in decisions better hitting the ball harder and maximizing the other aspects of your game. I don't think it's a surprise that Graham is starting to put this together here. And yeah, he's twenty five years old, but I don't think it matters when you see the peripherals change that much, and again you see him make these changes in terms of being an asset on the base pats.
Speaker 3: And it's also.
Speaker 4: Not like it's a he's repeating high A for the third year. He made the jump to double A and is having this breakout. So this is a fun player to monitor that I think could be a really fun utility piece for the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's easy to look at these types of players and say, oh, a twenty five year old who was drafted out of college four years ago and just kind of write them off, right, But it's cool when you see these guys take a step and it's like, Okay, there was clearly some very noticeable development now for the past year and a half for Graham, and yeah, he might not be a high end prospect at any point just given his age and his status, but like it's having an incredible season and then one of the best in the Tiger system.
Speaker 5: So it's worth at least, you know, keeping a close eye on what he's.
Speaker 3: Doing right now.
Speaker 4: And they'll, again, I need the right handed bats that they have making their way up. I think are going to get a decent look at some point.
Speaker 2: They love balltooning, so that's how they roll, honestly. So the next one is I went a little bit out of order actually, because this guy didn't just get bumped to Triple A. But Cam Canerella of the Miami Marlins organization.
Speaker 5: Dude, I know.
Speaker 2: You've you've talked about Canarella. We've had him, you know, highlighted him a couple of times of late. It has been nuts so far for Canarella his first pro season. He is just destroying minor league baseball. His numbers and his you know, he played thirty four games in Double A, finished that span with a one seventy eight w RC plus hitting three forty four and now he makes his way to trips and he just made his you know, three games so far and trips obviously, but like his numbers in high and Double A are off the charts for for the you know, CBA pick from.
Speaker 5: Last year's draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit of a late start to being banged up and or just so not having the same body of work, I should say so. I think he got hurt early in the season and has quickly made up for lost time and is climbing so quickly. I think the quick push to Triple A says a lot and get probably another player that'll be nestled into the potential big league call up episode because the glove has not quite been as advertised in college. You see the finishing ability, the speed and the hand eye to be able to make these acrobatic and difficult catches and lay out and whatever it may be. The jumps are not great and the reads, like the routes are still just inefficient. So I think that's gonna be a big focus for him in Triple A because I think the Marlins are looking at a team right now that yeah, they've dropped seven in rows for recording this, but Jacob Marcy has been struggling a lot in center field. If they can get an upgrade and center and a guy that can give them a little bit more offensively, I think if Canarellas mashed his way through Triple A and the reads and routes look better, I don't know if you can rule that out because of what he's been doing offensively, the guys hitting three to fifty on the season with an ops over one thousand. Now, I have some questions about how it's going to translate, just because he doesn't really pull the ball much at all, and when you'll get the spray charts like only seven percent of his batted balls have been to the and really none in the outfield. He has not hit one batted ball to down the line in left field it or excuse me, down the line in right field, and then all the way towards about midway through right.
Speaker 3: Field, like that whole portion of the field.
Speaker 4: If you divvied up the field in one, two, three, four, five sections, the one of the five sections all the way in right field has.
Speaker 3: No badded balls in the affild. And that's a very specific nitpick.
Speaker 4: But like even the home runs are backside, the airpool's really low and almost everything's inside out. So if he gets just really busted inside on hard stuff, does that create a little bit of a problem. That's something that great, let's find out at the big league level. So clearly it's not an issue for him in the minor leagues. He still has the feel for the barrel to be able to inside out swinging and hit the ball the way that he has. The other aspect that's interesting is he doesn't have the top top nd eggs velocities, but he just finds the barrel so consistently. Whereas average ex velocity is ninety two miles per hour this year, despite the fact that the max air exs of velocity is one oh nine. So this tells me this is a guy that has a really high quality of contact floor and if he can find a way to pull the ball in the air a bit more consistently, I think there's a lot more to be able to see translate at the big league level.
Speaker 3: He likes to bar that arm out kind of.
Speaker 4: Late in his load, and I think it makes it hard to get the barrel, you know, out in front to be able to pull stuff more. Again, I think that could get exposed a bit at the big league level. But I'm talking about a guy hitting three fifty across the three levels right now with one thousand oh ps so from where he was going into this year, and those two little nitpicks defensively and offensively. The fact that he's brought himself to a point where we're nitpicking things that may translate to the big league level this early is crazy because I would have never thought he had a chance at debuting this year.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the.
Speaker 4: Marlins had to be really excited about where Canarella is at, and those little adjustments could be what makes.
Speaker 3: Him a well above average every day outfielder.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the track there too, like like forty third overall pick last year, and yeah, he was a college guy, sure for like I think compared to some other guys in that similar range of draft, I think a lot of people thought he was going to be a little bit of a longer development track for Cantarella compared to some of his peers who were that first second round college guys. And he's actually been one of the quickest movers in that entire draft class, Like he could be one of the first, you know, not the first, but like he could be in the first batch of compin jarms to debut from that draft class. And I don't think anybody really expected that coming out of his draft last year.
Speaker 4: No, especially because he had a great walk here, but power was cut in half, and I think that was something that the Marlins really wanted to see him tap intwo more and clearly he has. I think that the ball is flying a little bit more on each of these levels. But I still think there's there's a lot to be excited about there. The swing decisions are good, the quality contact for being where it's at, and I still think the airpool aspect and not being able to pull the balls consistently, could wear its head a little bit, but the fact that again that's the nitpick is an exciting development.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the next step.
Speaker 2: I've had some names written down, but I think I'm just going to rephrase this name to the Biloxi Shuckers, because this is just kind of the Biloxi Shuckers. There are six hitters right now in Biloxi over the past month with a nine to fifty or higher ops. I mean, what are we doing here? That is absurd? So I'll read the names to you and then you can choose which direction you want to go with this. But like, it's not it's some of the top guys. It's not even some of the top guys too. There's some guys that aren't necessarily as big name prospects who have had really good stretches of late. Blake Burke, Matthew Wood, Josiah Ragsdale, Andrew Fisher, Mike Bove and josh Adam Chevsky. Are these six guys with a nine to fifty or better OPS over their last month of play for Biloxi, obviously headlined by you know, Fisher, Adam Chevski. Even Burke too, who are all top fifteen prospects for us in that system. But like it's it's insane when you just look at that line up top down, and that doesn't include his Susmandet, who actually hasn't been as good marginally as he normally is compared to these six guys that are all just mashing right now.
Speaker 4: For blocks, it's Josiah Ragsdale was the latest one where I'm just like, dude, I mean, how am I supposed to How am I supposed to keep up with you? When you've have eight other teammates I've been locked in on, you know, on top, Like he was a seventh round pick in twenty twenty five out out of Boston College and with Ragsdale, I mean he was in iona transfer to Boston College and even in that draft year, like it was good numbers. He saw five homers in his first full pro season. This year he's got ten and he just mashes way through hya he gets up to double and he's torching the Southern League.
Speaker 3: Like that's a perfect guy. Where you have a college bat who.
Speaker 4: Really put up some good numbers in hi A, it's the perfect guy for me to be like, oh, he might hit me his match a little bit in double A like seventh round college bat later around college bat who handles high end and.
Speaker 5: Not even like it's you know, a top end school.
Speaker 4: Right transfers into the top end school for one year. You're like, You're like, that guy's gonna meet his match in double A. No, he's been better, And that's somebody that you look at this skill set.
Speaker 3: Its like, of course, of course the Brewers were all over. He's super twitchy.
Speaker 4: When I watched the video, like the bat speed is there, he can really move, and.
Speaker 3: It was somebody that you look at this team and say, what's.
Speaker 4: He gonna hit seventh's It's nuts what they've been able to do here. So Raxxale is a guy I'm really excited about to just continue to watch here because he's patient but not too too passive. Yeah, I think there's a good job of kind of controlling the strike zone. It's a sweet left handed swing that's geared for some lift, but he can also spray the ball to all fields and we've already seen him pop eggs evelosites as high as one to eleven. So this is a fun skill set that I'm just very eager to see more of he's been great on the base fats twenty eight for thirty. They've got him in a corner mostly, but yeah, I think starting to still mix in and center field enough.
Speaker 3: I have to watch more of the defensive video.
Speaker 4: But the fact that we've got this left handed hitter with the powers beat combination like Ragsteale has, on top of all of the other names that you mentioned, like I think Josh Adams, Schefski's proving at this point that he's just one of the better hitters period in the minor leagues when with the way that he controls his at bats, the field to hit, the ability to outslug the exs of velosities right, the exosites are fine, but he's able to just backspin the baseball to all fields and he's gonna just outslug them consistently.
Speaker 3: So you get this blend of hitt and power that you don't get very often.
Speaker 4: Burke is the guy where I look at and it's like it could be thirty homers, or it could be you know, Dan Vogelbach. But every time I watch him now, it just keeps progressing closer to that thirty homers, and you see him hitting balls one fifteen plus and he's almost an afterthought on these teams. It's really wild what they've got going here. And I just don't like a picture opposing this lineup.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 4: You don't get a break, and you never say that in the moments, you literally don't get a break.
Speaker 2: Matthew Wood was a fourth round pick in twenty twenty two. Is at a seven hundred career OPS through three year of IA League baseball. This series in the Southern League with a nine to twenty one OPS and twelve homers in the first half of the season so far.
Speaker 5: What are we doing here? This is insane? Another like kind of a dude.
Speaker 2: He's twenty five, sure, but like he's catching consistently left handed hitter with twelve homers in an over nine hundred OPS in the Southern League right now, Like that becomes a dude.
Speaker 3: And he's had some really good stretches.
Speaker 4: And that's why I mean, well, first of all, the approach fifteen percent chase, ninety percent zone contact for a catcher at that point, as long as you're a solid average defender, you've have a really long career there.
Speaker 3: And to be able to do that.
Speaker 4: Back to ball, wise and elevate though it's also an average launch angle with seventeen and a half degrees, So you have a guy that's completely leaned into being patient at the plate, has still been able to put bat on ball as consistently as anybody at the level, and then is elevating as well. Like, yeah, if matthew Wood is even an average catcher, he's going to have a very very long career there. And that's why Andrew Fisher was like some of the stuff he was saying, like this kind of I love how supportive he was of his teammates, just throwing away these amazing superlotives of all of them. But how could you not when you look around and you've just got dude after dude after doing. Matthew Wood's going to be a big league catcher. How long will be the question. But he's a left handed hitter with a good feel to hit that can slug a little bit as a catcher.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a long career.
Speaker 4: And Mike Bovie's a guy that I liked out of the draft just his bats of ball skills are crazy.
Speaker 3: He's just buried a little bit too in this organization.
Speaker 4: But bov is also someone that yeah, he's not gonna give you much value beyond the bat, but you're getting well above average bats of ball skills, you're getting the added power that he's just been able to find. And another dude that the Brewers swing decisions from top to bottom are so good. Another guy that's going to handle his at bats well. Bov's another piece where it's just like, that's why I look at the Brewers and I'm like, why not trade a couple of these guys and try to go for this year?
Speaker 3: You get the best record in the league. And I know I love all these guys.
Speaker 4: I don't Brewers fans for loving all these guys, but man, like, how are you going to protect all of them from the Rule five?
Speaker 3: Eventually there's not enough forty spots.
Speaker 5: You got to make a push. I think they have to.
Speaker 2: I think this has to be the year and they make a bigger push than they typically have in the past. It just it feels like it has to be. We got a couple fun things coming up at Just Baseball, one of which actually includes the Biloxi Shuckers, which is probably the most loaded minor league roster. You want to tell us a little bit about what we got going on this Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is gonna be a fun new frontier for us with with Bally Sports Live and we're gonna be doing a mi ILB simulcast, So we'll be whipping around about four games and it'll be myself, Elijah, Jack mcmollen just hanging out kind of like a MLB Biginning type of situation. I don't think we'll be whipping around as many games, but we had a handful. We're gonna be talking prospects, talking about the guys as it's going on, and just I think this is something that we've been wanting to do for I know this is something that we've been wanting to do for a long time. It took the perfect marriage where Bally has the minor league baseball rights we have now connect with them, and it's been something that we've been eagerly wanting to do and I think it's going to be a blast, So keep it out for that. We'll be streaming it on our YouTube. You can also find it on the Bally app and on their channels, but if you just subscribe to our YouTube, watch it with us. It's gonna be a blast. So we'll be streaming it out on there.
Speaker 3: I'm just excited. I think we'll get it's mine.
Speaker 4: With baseball, you're always gonna get fireworks, especially when we get a handful of different games being able to react to that in real time, break it down, talk about it. I think it's going to be a really cool opportunity and I can't wait for everybody's feedback. And I think it's gonna be something that's been missing in the space that can be really fun and new.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're pumped about it.
Speaker 2: And then if you're listening to that en simulcast and you're hearing about some prospects you like and you want to get into this, our card breaking branch is taking a whole other step up. We are officially launching on what not super excited about that. I'm fired up, man. We're gonna be going five days a week hopefully and getting a ton of card breaks. We're gonna have top Scrome, which drops tomorrow or probably today as you're listening to this. It's an insanely loaded path product and we're going to be ripping it the rest of this week and then probably have other card breaks over the next few months.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the link to follow our shop even if you're not able to make it this week or whatever. Follow our shop and you'll get notifications of you know, when we're live during the week, every evening.
Speaker 3: And also if you're new to Whatnot, use the link to join. You'll get a twenty five dollar coupon to be able to apply to a break with us as well. So we'd love to see you out on there.
Speaker 4: And also I'm able to kind of zoom in, so even when I'm not doing the breaks, I'll be able to hang out there answer some questions and I'm gonna be you know, on there hopefully doing that once a week or so too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it, man, It's exciting stuff where we're going to keep it rolling. But for now, let's get back into the heat sheet. Another kind of clump here of some players in will organization and we go from one loaded organization right over to another in Los Angeles Dodgers Trio here for you on's in double and then two are in Hia. Right now we got say your hope you put out a great tweet of earlier this week he has been going nuclear lately, and then Edwardo Cantaro as well as Emil morales at the high level. All three of these guys have been going off for the Dodgers of late and really all take me another big step forward.
Speaker 4: I mean, Hope felt like the guy that was lagging behind Sioda and Depaula a little.
Speaker 3: Bit and not so much anymore. Ops is up over nine hundred.
Speaker 4: And there's a subtle adjustment I've noticed he made just kind of with his hand position, and it just seems like he's I was talking to Max Clark about this too, because Max Clark coincidentally made a very similar adjustment recently where just the hands are kind of loose, the bats a little bit more upright in front of that back shoulder. But there's this feeling of kind of getting locked in just before you know, as they're loading, and just getting hands a little bit preset and locked, just a little bit more tension in the feel. And I know for Max he talked about just being able to feel like he has a lot more bat speed and catch up to velocity with the way that he's kind of getting slatted earlier and.
Speaker 3: Just the field.
Speaker 4: It's almost a little griffy ish, but I would say even a little bit more stated with how much you can see kind of the tension. You don't want to over grip, but just kind of feel that and locking those hands. It's the change that I saw from Zaire where the bats more upright, they're kind of resting. It's loose at first and twirling similar to Griffy, and then he locks it into place right as the pitch is coming. And I think it's made a difference for Zay or Hope as well, who since really making that change, I've seen him combine both the slug and just the feel of a hit that has improved, and a lot of the guys we're talking about VBA and vertical bad angle and like that's something that can kind of help you. Just pre setting there and feeling the bat be upright but loose, and then locking it in I think can help you kind of have that better vertical bat angle.
Speaker 3: And with Hope now, like.
Speaker 4: These have been majestic Homer's like we're talking thirty eight degrees just straight into the night and those are the ones that are just nuts to me. So seeing him elevate like this, but also it seems like he's just quicker and more direct to the ball.
Speaker 3: It's not a coincidence.
Speaker 4: That Hope has been one of the hottest hitters in minor league baseball and even those little feel adjustments can make all the difference in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's great stuff right there. He broke that down in a really cool way. And I mean, I think Hopes, you've had your name on Hope forevert, and you had him in as like a top ten borderline guy lab at one point or beginning of last year, I think, and like, yeah, it has been a little bit of a slower development, but I'm sticking with the not wrong, just early mindset on Hope because he's a freak. Man, He's been a freak for a couple of years. There's just some adjustments to make, and it seems like he's doing so now. And when you click it at double A that that's often when we see guys really start to take off from there. And like it's been a little bit slower than then, like you said, Zerota and Depaula maybe, but like he's going to be right there, man, I know he's gonna rise on your next list, and it's clear that he's finding it for the ridiculous amount of talent he.
Speaker 4: Has well and the thousand the last one hundred point appearance is twelve oh one ohps and an eighty three percent zone contact rate. If zayre Hope's running a zone contact right north to eighty percent and an overall contact rate of seventy five percent or above, he's going to be producing with the best of them.
Speaker 3: And so to see that improvement.
Speaker 4: Reminder, he's just twenty one, and he was twenty years old still at the start of the season. This kid is is going to be good. And I know there's a little bit more pressure to squad because he's more of a corner guy, and we'll see how valuable that defense might be there. But he's got a rocket for an arm. I think in aggregate he can still give you some value. And I think this is an he's tinkered a lot just with small things. I think he's tinkered to find the fields and the setup where he's a little bit more up right now and the other things that I mentioned that seems to be really working for him, because it's been some left on left damage as well.
Speaker 2: And then meanwhile, you've got Edward Locandero, who's one level below him, that has a twelve to fifty ops in the past month of games and on base percentage of five hundred, he's walked more than he's struck out over his past twenty games.
Speaker 5: He's a combination of of you know, speed and power.
Speaker 2: You're seeing on display right now, three triples, five homers, four doubles in his past month here of games, he's also been exceptional. And then a Miil Morales is not quite the caliber of prospect as those two, but still in his past eighteen games, Morales has six homers and seven doubles. So you're seeing him really start to get into even more of his jewe that he already had, you know, sum shown some of already.
Speaker 4: Kintaro is a crazy one because it's like you're watching Andy pi Haes load up again, but now he's like younger and further.
Speaker 3: Ahead than pi Haes was at that stage.
Speaker 4: And I know Pies had some really big numbers, but just when you look at the sum of Kintaro's parts are just a little bit more polished and and Pies wasn't the caliber of defender in center field that Kintaro already is at twenty years old.
Speaker 3: Kintaro's crazy.
Speaker 4: I think this is a guy that could end up being as highly ranked as any of the guys in this Dodger system because you blend the defense with the bats of ball. He's running an overall contact north of eighty percent this year with the bat speed with still room for more strength. He's still just twenty years old and it's a pretty slender frame. It is so easy to fall in love with with his game, and I think he's a guy that, no matter how aggressive the Dodgers may be in trade talks at any point, doesn't seem like they're gonna be overly this year unless they're just kind of playing possum. Kintaro's gonna be a really hard guy to part with because of the premium defensive value and the offensive side of things. Morales is guy that's going to really have to slug, but all he's done is sluck. I'm lower on Morales, I feel like than others, Like I've seen him on top one hundred list and all that stuff, and I understand it. I still think there's just a little bit too much whiff in his game, even if it doesn't totally show up on the surface level stats, like I think it's going to more so, and he's still kind of punching a little bit already to on the surface twenty six and a half percent kry.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of a rigid swing. But he's a guy that just could be a really really good mistake here for a long time because he destroys balls to the poll side, but also has enough present strength at nineteen years old where you can just catch a ball deep and flick it over.
Speaker 4: The right field walls. So the power proposition there with morals is amazing.
Speaker 3: But he's guy that's probably going to slide over to third, might not even be a great defense there.
Speaker 4: That said, he could still be a huge bat if he can cut down on the whiff. And he's again doing everything that you could ask so far in the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: Yo, next guy up has had a ridiculous past month, probably the craziest pure numbers of anybody on this list today, going from what had been a kind of disappointing season to now what looks like a good season. Sammy's deefora of the Pirates organization was an acquisition of theirs. Came over from Cincinnati, you know, recently this past year, and he like it is, last eighteen games mostly prior to the All Star Break. Twelve homers in that span. I don't mean a nine hundred slug in his past month of games. It kind of came out of nowhere. This guy hadn't been that great for most of the season and then has just gone nuclear the past you know, three weeks worth of games.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what makes it worse for the Reds fans? You know what trade this was.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember now I'm thinking about it as I should have had it up. Was it Cobrian Hayes Hayes, Yeah, of course it was.
Speaker 3: So Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always been more skeptical on Staffora.
Speaker 3: I just never loved this wing. But he's a freak athlete, super explosive, cold weather kid that you know, you have cold weather kid tools.
Speaker 4: Raw mechanics. Those guys we just talk about Peyton Graham and figuring out a twenty five. Those are the guys that maybe they figure it out, you know, twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 3: To twenty five.
Speaker 4: So if we're still twenty one years old, So like, I still think there's some things to iron out, but clearly he's ironed some of them out already. And one thing I noticed with stephorah is he kind of so he starts slightly open, and then right I would say, is the pitcher lifts his leg.
Speaker 3: He does this kind of preset.
Speaker 4: Coil where before he even loads or anything, he turns and coils into his back camp. And I always referenced Bobby Weig because he's one of the first guys that I really saw him do this so early, and Bobby doesn't even earlier than that, but it's less pronounced of that kind of turn inwards, feel the back camp like just he almost looks like he's just more trying to stimulate the back camp and slightly coil into it.
Speaker 3: So four is more dramatically coiling into it.
Speaker 4: So where you can see his back turn a little bit towards towards the h towards the pitcher, but still nothing that crazy. And I think that's helped him get over his backside and stay there and feel like he's holding it and think about engaging it because he has a little bit of a hovering leg kick, and if you're not engaging the backside with a hovering leg kick, you're gonna crash right back down forward steeper path and you're just not You're not.
Speaker 3: Gonna be able to hit breaking stuff nearly as well.
Speaker 4: I think the preset coil is helping him going to get there be on time for Velo, which fastballs he is an eleven sixty ops against. But it's also allowing him to stay back on breaking stuff and hammer mistakes. So I see a tangible adjustment. I see a guy that's hitting the ball quite hard. I mean average Exavaston's way up. Hard hit rates up fifteen percent. He's elevating the ball more consistently.
Speaker 3: His averagexat study is up almost five miles per hour to be exact.
Speaker 4: You marry all these things, and yeah, there's hit tool concerns, he's gonna whiff a lot.
Speaker 3: But if this guy can lean.
Speaker 4: Into power and you have all the other aspects of his game, he could be a solid defender on the left side of the infield.
Speaker 3: There's speed, There's all these.
Speaker 4: Different things like lean into the power and leverage that, and I think we're seeing that, and the bat speed is up as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like there's some things to look at there and buy into. And yeah, that definitely hurts Reds fans to hear. But at the same time, for pirates guys. I mean you think the Spora is like a catch lighting in a bottle and flip him type of guy potentially for the pirates who are trying to seemingly maybe buy, but maybe it's too exciting.
Speaker 5: And I mean twelve homers.
Speaker 2: In an eighteen game stretch, Like it's a little daunting to trade a guy that's.
Speaker 5: Doing that right now.
Speaker 3: But that is a crazy stretch.
Speaker 4: I do think, like there's still the double A hurdle to clear and like, so that could be Like, mind you, this is a guy that got up to high eight at.
Speaker 3: The end of last year.
Speaker 4: It struggled so much that they reassigned him to start this year at double A or a low way. Excuse me, So I think, yeah, I think in the right deal you consider it. But the fact that he's played himself into a position where there's some value there and I think some excitement. I think it big and get like because of the speed and the defense that he can bring to the table too, Like he has the tools to be a good defender up the middle. I think this is an exciting development for a guy that could now mash his way into a more legitimate outlook of being a big League regular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you there.
Speaker 2: Next guy up is someone you did talk to at the Futures Game, So I know we're during All Star week, so I think we can probably send you guys over to that interview if you want to hear more about him.
Speaker 5: But Dakota Jordan just got bumped to double his last.
Speaker 2: Sixteen games in High A, he had nine homers and seven doubles in that span.
Speaker 5: He was just going insane.
Speaker 2: He had a good year across the board, but clearly was ready for the double A bump. And now we're gonna get to see a full second half of to Cod to Jordan.
Speaker 5: In Double A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny because you would think like he made some major major adjustment given how much less Dakota Jordan was punching out of late, and you just said it was kind of a mindset thing, So definitely go check that out. But yeah, I was almost hoping he said like, oh, you know, I made this adjustment with my setup or this feel or that feel, and was just more like, no, I'm.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just adjusting my mindset going into my abs and it's been working. And sometimes it's that simple, especially for guys in the minor leagues.
Speaker 3: But what's amazing. Remember with was a huge concern with to go to Jordan.
Speaker 4: He was striking out thirty percent of the time this year, and when you have a stretch of you know, now, seventeen games, I think I could extend this to the full twenty and it'll go up a little bit, but it still makes the case. Here a twenty game stretch where he's striking out sixteen and a half percent of the time, Like if a twenty game stretch where he's literally striking out a fraction of the half the time that he was, and then he gets up to double a it's a three game sample, but he hasn't looked overwhelmed. There only a couple of strikeouts so far there. I think that's really fascinating. Whatever that mindset change was, forum clearly is helping him avoid the strikeouts.
Speaker 3: And that's really all that matters with him.
Speaker 4: If he he's not striking out, he's gonna have a long career because the power is crazy. We talked about he's in a homer one seventeen this year to cod to Jordan, and I asked him in the interview, I said, have you ever surprised yourself. You're the one to seventeen surprise you, he said, no. I was like, how much more do you think you got in there? You got one twenty? He said, yeah, I think I got one twenty in there. So I mean, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be the one that takes the under on that so pluming like it is potentially eighty raw power.
Speaker 3: If he's a thirty great hitter with a good approach, he's gonna have a long career.
Speaker 4: And there was some question about even being able to be that at the highest level. But the way his defense is progressed, the way his base stealing is progressed, and now if this is something that he can extend, the hit tools progressed, Now you could start to see a guy that, uh, you know, could be a solid center fielder, but at worst could be this short platoon, you know, outfield option that can play all three.
Speaker 3: And I love he shut it out Bo Davidson.
Speaker 4: They're really tight and the Giants did a phenomenal job with Bo Davidson, a guy that you entered pro Bawl later than the most and minimal experience as an amateur at Juco's and taking time off and and the hit tool went from I mean I remember watching Bo Davidson in his first year in the Arizona Fall League just completely raw, like really raw swing turned into a guy that's a really solid hitter. Now, Dakota Jordan could be falling a similar blueprint and and ends up you know, cutting down on the wif here.
Speaker 3: And if he does that, I mean that's extremely exciting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Jordan was also someone from my memory, like he was second round dish projection last year looking like he could be at least like a second round type guy, and then or two years ago and then fell to the fourth and the Giants ended up getting him for like well overslot too. And it was just somebody that clearly like identified as like there's the upside here where we should be paying up to get this type of guy and this type of talent, even if there is some bumps along the way, and then right now it's clearly paying dividends for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's one of those situations where you know, the talent we saw him mocked at a certain point monthslea thing into the draft and like the end of the first round and then the whiff was just such so prevalent in his draftyre even that, I mean, it spooks a lot of teams, and I get it. I mean, look at Van to Honeycutt can go different ways, but I think Dakota Jordan's already quickly shown that.
Speaker 3: He's not that type of it tool liability.
Speaker 4: And if this trend continues, I think we're gonna see a lot of people change their tune about Dakota, and including myself, which I think I haven't even been as much of a skeptic.
Speaker 3: I put out a tweet about him, and.
Speaker 4: I was really shocked at how many people are really like he has no chances. His second year at the lower levels, which by the way, this was his first days of high A this year, they were going very station to station with him. If he keeps that strikeout right below thirty percent in double A, I think people really need to change their tune.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see if he can.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break here before we get back into some more names on our heat cheet, talking about a power bat here, going from one with Dakota Jordan right into the next with Xavier Ninons of the Houston Astros, organization, nineteen year old, first round pick out of high school last year by Houston.
Speaker 5: He has been awesome.
Speaker 2: He was in Single A, just got bumped up to High A, and you know, there's some.
Speaker 5: Hittal concerns for sure.
Speaker 2: He's just about as three outcomings you can possibly get for a nineteen year old.
Speaker 5: We've talked about that before with him.
Speaker 2: Twenty six percent walk grate, thirty percent strikeout rate this season, but fourteen homers, sixteen stolen misses and some absurd raw juice. Really of late has definitely been better. I mean, the overall contact is still like pretty low, but in this past thirty days, twenty five walks to thirteen strikeouts.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he's gonna strike out.
Speaker 2: But if he's gonna strike out, at least he's walking a ton and he's hitting the crap out of the ball when he does make content.
Speaker 3: The power potential is is just so immense.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know, it's really tough to assess a player that at Low A swings thirty percent of the time. So I'm excited for the High A promotion even because he's going to see more strikes there. If you never swing except for the pitches that you key hole and you've got huge power and you cross the pitches at you keyhole. But you see a lot of non competitive pitches having never really swinging as well, Like you're going to walk twenty six percent of the time and you're going to strike out about thirty percent of the time.
Speaker 3: That's been the deal.
Speaker 4: So it's really hard to assess the hit tool of a guy that's swinging at three of every ten pitches. There is definitely with concern and I think hya is going to be a challenge for an Eyans. I do, but I think what you can see so far is that the strengths are there, and when you're evaluating him from together was what Northwest kind of under scouted area I think was in Washington.
Speaker 3: You don't know how he's going to perform in the pro ranks.
Speaker 4: A lot of people socided significant with in the summer circuit. That pushed some teams to thinking he's not a first round guy.
Speaker 3: Even just the.
Speaker 4: Ability to hold his I think it loway has proven that maybe it's not as catastrophic as people thought, But I think this is going to be a a big test there. The other aspect, though, is well, it's seventy raw, and sometimes that doesn't always immediately translate.
Speaker 3: Seventy raw is quite visible here with ny In, so.
Speaker 4: I think that's the thing is, yes, the swing and missus is prevalent and you see it, but at the same time.
Speaker 3: He's still giving you a competitive abs.
Speaker 4: And the other side is the power that was the calling card is also evident, and I think that's important. The other aspect is the defense, Like it's gonna take some time. I think at third base they started playing him a short top a little bit. I'm glad they put that on ice. He's a third baseman and so getting the reps there I think is good. I think can develop into a decent third basement there, but that's gonna be another wrinkle to monitor. I'm excited for the high a challenge. I think it's going to be tough, but even if it is, it's fine. This is the guy that they knew was going to be a project. He'll come back next year and get his second taste of high aim most likely.
Speaker 2: And he's so young, and I think this season can already be looked at it the success. Honestly, all things considered for ny INDs like it's already been a pretty good year. He's walking a ton, he's he's showing off the power, he's showing off the speed, even a little sixteen bags so far this year, it's been an effective base runner. So like, yeah, there's some things to work on there, but he's going to be nineteen until this winter, right, So like if he struggles a little on high A, so what you send him right back there next year and he spends the majority of point twenty seven at the higher level, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And this is an astro system, and an astros orgod typically is more than patient with with with and wanting to take that on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should be in his case because the upside is there clearly. Uniker Casarras of the Guardians is our next name up. You also put out something on him about on Twitter recently. Another recent promotion has spent the year so far in his age eighteen season at single a very very successful run there in single A.
Speaker 5: And just got the bump this weekend.
Speaker 2: Now is at the high level at at eighteen years old. So this is clearly someone in Cleveland's like got a little bit of a circle on, like, yeah, we're going to get this kid to say to hi a at eighteen years old. He hasn't turned nineteen until next month, so he's basically been eighteen this entire season. And now he's already at the high level because what he was doing in single A man like, the overall just bat to ball has just been so I mean, the overall just everything offensively for him has been great.
Speaker 4: This is one of my favorite hitters in the minor leagues, especially age to level.
Speaker 3: Lower level hitters. I don't know if there's a better lower level hitter right now.
Speaker 4: When you blend and consider all things, you consider bats a ball, you consider approach, and you consider the power that's already there for guys at the low A or high A level, and then if you really want to throw in the caveat of age, then it's even more impressive.
Speaker 3: It is an eighteen year old and full season ball.
Speaker 4: We had him in the top one hundred preseason for that reason, and when we did the unveiling of the list, and I think even when we did the breakdown of Cassarras, when we broke them the top one hundred list, the big thing I mentioned with Cassras was that he had so much success back to ball wise last year despite the fact that I thought there were some things to clean up McCann. He would step in the bucket a little bit and fly open, but his feel for the barrel and the bat lived in the zone so long that he was able to still spray balls all over the yard. But it was causing a little bit of a power leak and sometimes could give him some trouble on stuff inside or breaking away from him if he just.
Speaker 3: Wasn't timed up right. He's fixed that this year, where it's super simple in the box.
Speaker 4: Instead of stepping into the bucket, he has a moderate stride and he just coils into his backside and goes and it hasn't compromised his power at all. He's able to drive the ball hard to all fields. The pull side power is very prevalent, because, yeah, if you would go out sometimes and you catch something right on the inner half, like yeah, you can crush something, but you can also end up kind of rolling over it or pulling off of it, which is what ended up happening with him a little bit more often.
Speaker 3: Now he's covering everything because that field to hit is still clearly there.
Speaker 4: The bat speed is even more prevalent because he's engaging his well or half more properly and not leaking out with the front side, so he's holding the backside. The load is all predicated and really just a coil and go, and the timing mechanism is simple because he barely picks his foot up. He really just picks his heel up. So it is so much fun to watch this dude hit. And when you see what he does, like in the early part of the count where it's kind of just gather with a little bit of a leg lift and then two strikes, it's just kind of that coil and go and he doesn't really lose any of that explosiveness. That's why he's so good bat to the ball wise and never punches to a ninety percent zone contact rate, but he can spoil with the best of them eighty six percent overall contact, right, so he's making contact on pitches outside of the zone seventy seven percent of the time.
Speaker 3: That's not something you.
Speaker 4: Can do when you're flying open prematurely, so fixing that now it can spoil stuff away. He's still quick enough to turn stuff around on the inside part, so you can't punch him out by getting in to chase because he's gonna spoil it, but you're also hard pressed to get him to chase anyways. The twenty three percent chase rate, and then you look at the air pull ability and the ability to just drive the ball in the air pretty consistently. This is one of the best well ra did lower level hitters that I think we've seen it a little bit, and I think Casara's is going to be a consensus top fifty prospect by the end of the season.
Speaker 5: Bullish.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see how high he rises on your list because I know this has been someone you've liked from the start, and with the adjustments you just light out there, like I could see him continuing to climb up list, especially for you, but for everyone nationally, but especially for you as someone.
Speaker 5: Who's already kind of liked this guy before.
Speaker 2: He made some clear adjustments there and it's taken this big step so far this season.
Speaker 5: So he's he's the rising name and going to continue to be one.
Speaker 4: It seems like, yeah, I almost I wish I bought more Bowman cards before. It's it's crazy that the last thing I'll mention just is like the the hover and how early he sees the ball and the way he's able to hold and control that hover, because then two strikes he pretty much goes no stride to hold that hover and stay closed.
Speaker 3: Now after having the tendency to leak open.
Speaker 4: To make that change so quickly and so easily for a guy that when you have the tendency to fly open, a hovering light kick is not usually going to be the way to go because you're going to go right back out to That just shows me how easy it is for him to control his body and make the adjustments that he needs to make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dodgers have someone who was not on my radar at all until recently. The story and background is crazy Easton Shelton of the Dodgers organization.
Speaker 5: He was an undrafted.
Speaker 2: Seventeen year old free agent out of high school in twenty twenty three, so he doesn't get drafted, but the Dodgers take a free agency deal on a seventeen year old kid. He spent the last two years in the Complex, dealing with a couple of different injuries. Not a ton of success overall.
Speaker 3: He made.
Speaker 2: He played four games in the very end of last year and at the High A level, actually going from the Complex to high but really has played like pretty minimally going into this year as a kid who draft who signed a seventeen undrafted his first full season this year eighty one games now in single A one fifty five WRC plus, he's hitting the crap out of the ball. The past month of games, twenty games worth, he's hitting four O three with a twelve ninety seven OPS sixteen extra base hits in that twenty games ban so far for Eastern Shelton, who is Easton Shelton. The Dodgers just found him and he's going off right now. He strikes out a lot, but other than that, like some impressive numbers.
Speaker 3: The power is crazy.
Speaker 4: As you mentioned, I think there's gonna be some things that have to get cleaned up to hit enough. It's kind of got a Beer league softball swing, and I do mean that in like a totally disparaging way. He so as he's loading, like there's an early toe tap and then he lifts his leg up from there and the early toe tap where he settles right from there. When he then lifts his leg up, he gives you this huge hand pump, so like between the early toe tap into a leg kick where he pumps his hands down. I'm like, I played third base on my men's league softball team with a with a with a mask, because that's what those guys just absolutely rocketballs at me like it's that type of swing. But the power is immense max ev at one sixteen we've seen I think, what is Oh my gosh, I can't even count them any I think there's ten homers north of one ten this year, nine nine or ten homers north of one ten this year, including three at one thirteen and one at one fourteen. So the power is ridiculous. He's gonna need to refine the mechanics a little bit. Dodgers do a good job with that with guys. The bat speed's clearly clearly there. And another guy that I mean, where do you even come from?
Speaker 3: Right, he's got.
Speaker 5: Twenty eight bombs.
Speaker 2: Dude, there's nobody else in the California League with over fifteen home runs and he has twenty eight. I don't, I mean, I get it. He's striking out a ton. There's still sitting twenty eight homers sing in eighty one single A baseball games.
Speaker 5: Are we serious for?
Speaker 2: That's an undrafted out of high school?
Speaker 3: What that's the craziest part. I literally like an afterthought that guy, so, sir, so.
Speaker 5: This gets talented.
Speaker 2: Let's tell him to not go to college and just come develop with the Dodgers complex in the next two years.
Speaker 4: And I mean it's station to station. I get he's in his third pro year down there. Second he's we played any games. Yeah, they're making something happen here, and like, look, he's gonna need to continue to improve it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, to be doing this this year ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Oh another guy. Maybe when he's twenty six, we'll figure it out. But like and turn into like a huge power back. But the power is clearly immense. They clearly had a plan for him, and yeah, it's gonna the contactor is going to need to go up significantly. Course, but station to station, he's been better. And this has been a crazy power breakout.
Speaker 2: See what happens, uh, DSL guy that you wanted to ping and mention here on the heat sheet and then we'll get a couple of pitchers after our last break Albert for Mean of the ASTROS organization, going back over to Houston, h DSL guy with a one to fifty nine WRC plus so far this year, getting them based at a five to fifteen clip. But we know those numbers in the DALL are kind of misleading. So give me the reason why why he's on your radar as a seventeen year old down in the Dominican.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at the point with the DSL guys, the crazy outlier data.
Speaker 3: Will shout it out right like yeah.
Speaker 4: But also we just look at swings and when I see a swing, I like, I'm gonna shout it out because I don't feel like I see that many great ones in the DSL, because these guys are kids. That Chris Rodriguez, if everyone remembers, I was doing so many questions about that guy in the in the Tiger system in the DSL, I was like, I don't like the swing. I don't think it's going to play. Still battling it out in the Complex League.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: People were expecting him to be moving a little bit more quickly than that. That was a guy on like top one hundred.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: That was an example of a player where I'm just like you just you just got to look at the swings here.
Speaker 3: The data is now like he's put up some of the best EVS.
Speaker 4: Contact rates are okay, he's striking out thirty four percent of the time of the complex and got I just didn't like the swing. I think now with the DSL guys really focusing on the swing and then seeing something like pops like oh, you know if he pops a one oh eight or one oh nine, it's like, oh, not a lot of guys doing that at that level, right, But when.
Speaker 3: It comes to the swing decisions, stuff like that can help, right.
Speaker 4: It does help that for means only chasing fourteen percent of the time, but you see a lot of non competitive pitches. What I love about for me, this is a switch hitter who's six', three so very like long, limbed already for his, agent having just turned seventeen years, old and the swing from both sides is so smooth and the operation is already so. SIMPLE i like the whippy bat. Speed there's not a lot of lower half. Movement but he also you see some of these, young taller, guys they just get on the front side so quickly because it's like the baby drafting and you just don't control that lower half that.
Speaker 3: Well how could?
Speaker 4: You you're still kind of learning how to feel that, out and you didn't really need to control the lower half when everybody was throwing seventy five miles an.
Speaker 3: Hour now you have to the balls getting on you so.
Speaker 4: Quickly he already does the simple, moves the great path and just the repeatable swing from both sides and the athleticism with the projection dood, alert like we'll see so much can, happen so much can go. Wrong BUT i saw him recently when The astros put out kind of like this is OUR dsl performer right, now AND i, said.
Speaker 3: All, right that's a GUY i need to look more.
Speaker 4: Into the More i've, Watched i'm paying mentioned To albert for, me AND i just want to shout that, out dood.
Speaker 5: Alert we got to get that sponsored man that's. Sick that's a cool. IDEA i like that.
Speaker 2: One that got me fired up right, There so that was Good albert For meen is officially undood.
Speaker 3: Alert all, right there we.
Speaker 2: Go let's take one more quick break and then we'll get into some. Pictures arm Tops chrome is dropping. Tomorrow where you going to get your top Scrom BECAUSE i know Where i'm.
Speaker 4: Going you already know the, answer And i'm. Excited i'm going to my local. Lids the book a town center mall over. Here but to this we talked about it. Briefly the checklist is, crazy crazy. Loaded and the fun part is, like if you get a box at Tops, chrome like there's a good chance you're going to hit a good auto because there's this IS i think the deepest rookie class LIKE i can ever remember With Tops. Chrome but then also if you rip at. Lids at your Local, lids they have an awesome rip to rep program going on, Now so if you hit one of these seventy five autos that they have listed, out you will get a free.
Speaker 3: Jersey all just do is just rip the box.
Speaker 4: There they have top loaders there that you can buy and sleeves and everything.
Speaker 3: Like, that so you might as well just get your, box rip it right.
Speaker 4: There if you don't even hit the auto that you're, chasing you might hit an auto that gets you a free, Jersey so be sure to go to your local. LIDS i think the rip to rep thing is one of the cooler things that we've got going on in the hobby right. Now great intersection of lids and collectibles and just another way to win with these. Boxes so even if you don't hit the auto that you potentially. Want if it's one of the seventy five That lids has listed out, there you can get a, jersey which is yeah again for how nice these jerseys, are like you end up being the same price as the. Box SO i think it's a great opportunity there at Your. Lids and also let us know what you.
Speaker 5: Hit suchapool program you're going to be In.
Speaker 2: Boca then this weekend we'll be out In chicago With Colson montgomery doing a rip.
Speaker 5: Program so if you're out In chicago.
Speaker 2: Water Tower place eleven am On, satday come Meet Colson montgomery and you can also do RiPP to rep. There maybe you pull A coulson auto and then get A coulson jersey With Colson.
Speaker 5: Montgomery pretty cool, OPPORTUNITY i be asking.
Speaker 2: Me, so got a cool situation, There but a few pictures here on the heat sheet and we'll get more. PICTURES i know we don't always give pictures the most. Love we'll get into more pictures next. WEEK i promise we got a few hero.
Speaker 5: Though to wrap. Up Luis Parrales Washington Nationals.
Speaker 2: Organization someone you've been really high, on you, know part of that trade For Jake bennett at the, time it was, like, oh, MAN i THINK i think we kind of thought The nationals won that. Trade Jake bennett je turning into it to a real good picture here for The Red. Sox parales slow, start but really figuring out a little bit. Lately his last five outings he's got a three r and that span twenty five strikeouts across twenty four innings hasn't been, perfect but it definitely seems like he's trending the right direction after a slower start to the.
Speaker 4: Year, yeah and coming off WITH tj, right it takes some. TIME i definitely like have to just come out and say what's wrong about? That somebody brought it up ON X LIKE i Think paralys is gonna end up settling in and we're starting to see that and be a solid, arm whether that's in a high leverage relief role or carving it out as a, starter which is.
Speaker 3: Great that he's starting to show the signs of being able to do.
Speaker 4: That but with The Red sox have immediately done With Jake bennett and what he's been able to do now with The twiggs pitch mix with the sinker going a little bit of a tweet to the breaking, balls in the usage they acquired, him and they had a plan and that's, clear BUT i mean The nationals were more than prepared to be patient with, prows so not only had to get used to coming back off OF, tj also thrown with the big league ball in TRIPLE, a which is for a verdy guy going to kill that already trying to find that fuel again to spin. It that is take some time for guys off OF tj while finding a feel for the new, ball like we're Seeing Carson milbrant run into a wall and TRIPLE a just with the ball, period with the command and just some of the, shapes imagine that while coming off OF. Tj SO i Think paralys needs a lot of. Time AND i think this is a really good sign here that he's able to have kind of the success that he has had of, late BECAUSE i really do think this is a guy that has ridiculous. STUFF i, mean the fastball shape when he's right has crazy life to, it and it's he's sitting ninety. Nine so to have that, pitch and then WHAT i was really interested in seeing if it could come back was the feel for the, splitter because the cutter has always been there for, him and it's nasty and it's at ninety, Three but the splitter was WHY i thought he was one of the more exciting pitching prospects in baseball before going, down when he had that three pitch mix and the splitter off of that verty.
Speaker 3: Fastball it's good.
Speaker 4: Luck the splitter has been coming back a little, bit AND i think that is changing a lot for him and getting him back to that three pitch mix where guys can't just sit, fastball and you, know the pair of that with a better feel for the zone, overall AND i think we're going to see a strong finish of the season For.
Speaker 3: Paralys, YEAH i think.
Speaker 5: So it seems like he's trending that.
Speaker 2: Direction and you, know when he's at his, best he's one of the more electric arms in minor league.
Speaker 5: Baseball SO i think it's fun to get.
Speaker 2: Him you said to mention the. Splitter obviously he's just getting back in the. Group, obviously first year OFF dj, like it's no matter, what it's not going to be. Great AND i think that there's still a lot more better things to come From paralys and we're already getting a taste of it of. Late going over to a duo of names here skipping over to The Atlanta braves, organization a pair of NAMES i don't think we've talked about a Ton Lucas braun And cedric Dig Grand prix got to be a candidate for best minor league.
Speaker 5: Name first of. All but these two guys are.
Speaker 2: INTERESTING i ACTUALLY i did an interview With Boston smith recently For Future socks and another name that it's probably deserved a chat at some, point but he mentioned both these guys in just The Atlanta Braves Southern. League you, know their their double a rotation in general as like being a really tough rotation to face day in and day. Out Particularly grand Grand prix as one of the names that stood out to him as someone that just just impressed him out of the. Gate these two recently have been probably the two best pictures in The Southern league over the past month of. Ball Lucas braun with a thin point NINETY arra over his last handful of, starts Grand Day Grand prix with a one to five E ra over his last. Handful what stands out for either of these? Guys why have they had.
Speaker 5: So much success?
Speaker 2: Recently is it? PRINT i don't think it's a sick.
Speaker 5: NAME i, yeah that's.
Speaker 3: AWESOME i don't know if that is a sick. NAME i. Do we have a little bit more, background like.
Speaker 5: He's A, canadian SO i guess it probably Is.
Speaker 2: French, Yeah de Grand prix probably is, right, RIGHT i mean twenty twenty two to thirteen thrown pick out of junior college coming from A, Quebec. Canada, Initially, uh these, guys he looks like a.
Speaker 4: Dude the braves are so good at this. Too with the, arms he's underrated. Arms he works down the mound really. Well it's like a five three five four release height and and this kind of more horizontal, angle and then you've got a lot of different shapes coming at. You you've got a sweeping breaking ball with two plane, break you've got a gyro, slider a cutter above, that a four, seamer a change. Up, uh there's a lot of different looks from a tough. Angle, now the biggest thing for him is going to be. Command For Grand prex is going to be, command just BECAUSE i think one when you have all these different pitches working in different directions and you know this this more horizontal angle and really working down the mound sometimes timing it all up can be, difficult AND i think he's been challenged with that some but a forty five rate on his breaking, balls AND i think it sets up his fastball from that angle to really generate plenty of with at the top of the zone as. Well even though it's not maybe the hoppiest of, fastballs it's going to play up from that.
Speaker 3: Angle and even.
Speaker 4: At what is he sitting more, like, OH i mean he's sitting in mid, nineties so from that, angle, like, yeah it's gonna. PLAY i think he's a really fascinating mix and kind of a later bloomer that when you have that many offerings with the more horizontal angle that he can. Provide uh and and just all four directions. THERE i think That Grand prez a name to watch for sure in This brave.
Speaker 3: System, yeah, No i'm with you.
Speaker 2: THERE i think both these guys are interesting Arms Zach, Root, OH i Got Lucas Bron Brown, yeah, yeah Go bron AND i TOTALLY I almos skipped over him.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: NO i know this is going that we've paid a bit attention to a little. BIT i know we talked about a lot more last, year and there's just been some ebbs and, flows but another picture where you've got like the distinct sh between the four seam or the, sinker the change, up the, cutter a, slider and a. Curveball The braves are just so good at expanding guys, arsenals AND i feel like with him another solid back end type of. Arm in the, past he's been able to get ground. Balls he's been able to do a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Everything those are thrown a ton of, innings like give back to back.
Speaker 4: Years not often you get this in the minor, leges back to back years of north of one hundred and forty innings and with the ability to just get, outs miss enough bats and mix his, OFFERINGS i feel like this is Just brown just screams innings either and a guy that is going to be able to turn over, lineups you know several times because of the way that he can change his. Looks he gets plus extension down the. Mound The braves are just so good at stockpiling and another the ground ball right hasn't been quite what it has been in other, stretches but he just seems to to dodge hard contact and be able to get. Out another guy that just works down the mound, well and not just the seven feet of extension five to four release. Height it creates a deceptive and difficult look THAT i think just allows him to dodge barrels even if he's not piling up strikeouts with and you, know crazy.
Speaker 3: Bunches.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think both these guys are two perfect examples of braves arms who are just, like not the most talked, about maybe not the, flashiest but, like both could be big league pitchers and serve a role In atlanta next year and we wouldn't even be surprised because that's kind of how they, operate and that's kind of what they've done the past haenvile of years Now, yep jumping over to The. Dodgers back to The dodgers, ORGANIZATION i should Say Zach. Root interesting name from last year's draft class who has definitely taken a step forward recently and looks to be a guy that we definitely have clearly marked on the radar at this. Point his last four outings at the high level twenty seven strikeouts across twenty one and a.
Speaker 5: Third he looks really.
Speaker 2: Good this is his first pro, season obviously as a college, guy so you expect him to be you, know good and high a but really just put it together at a really good year just across the board and even better.
Speaker 3: RECENTLY i, mean he's he's just.
Speaker 4: Disgusting i'm interested to see if he can really stick as a starter from a man standpoint and things like, that AND i think that's gonna be the biggest.
Speaker 3: Question but arsenal, WISE i.
Speaker 4: Mean you've got the big breaking ball that's just sharp and tough to pick up from his angle gyro slider in between that and the fastball just takes off because he fully turns his back to the, hitter you do not see the ball and then just sling shots and gets on you so quickly with the way that he.
Speaker 3: Throws SO i still think there's the reliever risk. There he also mixes.
Speaker 4: In, though a really nasty change up with great vertical. Separation it's just finding the consistency and feel for that as. Well but when you've got the pair of breaking balls and the fastball and the.
Speaker 3: Change, up there's a lot to like.
Speaker 4: There and when he's around the zone, ENOUGH i mean he's racking up strike outs to the lower levels in. Bunches BUT i do think For roote like sixty one percent strike. Great, overall it's gonna need to get a little bit better. There AND i just think that.
Speaker 3: That, delivery when you look at, it is kind of hard to repeat and repeat that release point and all of. THAT i think there's no doubt this is to.
Speaker 4: Do that's gonna be a lot of bats, regardless AND i think that The dodgers are going to be more than patient and trying to keep him as a starter because the arsenal is already. There it's not like this is a two pitch guy that's trying to find this zone more consistently. Either like you got four offerings, here they all look, Good SO i think it's more a matter of just getting a consistent feel for all of them and the field of the change up when he has gone so it has been pretty. Good SO i think that's the biggest thing for. Him And i'm interested to see how slow The dodgers are with.
Speaker 3: Him but there's just clearly a ton of arm talent.
Speaker 5: Here, yeah that'll be interesting to see the.
Speaker 3: ROLE i.
Speaker 2: AGREE i kind of thought that coming out of college with, him where it's like it's very explosive and there's a lot going, On SO i was curious to see what the eventual usage would be, like but nonetheless a good first pro season and another guy, that LIKE i could see being a dangle trade ship as a team that dreams on him sticking as a, starter and you, know you can look at the upside and get excited about. It we'll see what The dodgers actually do with the, deadline but he does seem like a name that could be generating some interest with how he's.
Speaker 4: Throwing lately, well and JUST i think teams will see the whiff overall and just the that he can. OVERWHELM i, mean you got a forty five percent whiff rate on the breaking balls and a forty one percent on the change up and still twenty six percent on the fast thirty five percent. Overall that's crazy, stuff AND i think obviously it'd be hard to maintain that exactly in DOUBLE, a BUT i think with that pitch mix and the deceptive, release he would keep, it you, KNOW i think he'd keep racking him up in double.
Speaker 2: Two, yeah final name here on the heat sheet and then we'll wrap it. Up Kendrey churio of The royals. Organization we saw him at The Futures game he's just having a heck of a season across the. Board, honestly zero point NINETY ra across his last four, starts but in, general all seasons has been. Good this guy is was really impressive last year from a command. Standpoint but like the fact that he's doing what he's doing as an eighteen year old in HIGH a with a TWO era on the season now and not walking anybody, Really like it's not the flashiest of pitching compared to some other guys we will talk, about but Like churio is just so ahead of his years and it's abundantly clear The royals view him as this cornerstone pitching prospect who's way ahead of his time.
Speaker 3: Already it's crazy how ahead of his series. Is and like usually a guy.
Speaker 4: That's this much of a pitch ability, guy you'd, think like the fastball would sit like ninety one ninety. Two he throws. Hard it's it's just the, shapes you. KNOW i, think like that's something like the fastball shape is going to be something to. Monitor but the best way to work around fastball shape is throw it really hard and locate it really. Well and like looking at these last five starts in particular fastball's averaged ninety six point six miles per hour and a seventy six percent strike, Rate so, yeah may not have the ridiculous carry that some other heaters, have but if it's ninety six to ninety eight and it's where he wants, it it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be just.
Speaker 4: Fine and mind, you he's, eighteen so there might be another tick or two in. There the delivery is so, clean so, smooth and he's still got room for more. Strength LIKE i do think this is a guy that could end up finding more if he finds more than shape matters even. Less so the curveball off with that.
Speaker 5: Start, sorry, NO i she just gonna.
Speaker 2: Say and he's not walking anybody either with all, that with the stuff still, Growing he's not walking. Anybody.
Speaker 4: Nope AND i, mean seventy six percent strike right on the fastball is crazy in those last five, starts and on the, YEAR i believe it's not gonna be that far off of.
Speaker 3: That oh my, gosh seventy seven percent on the. Year he's just filling it.
Speaker 4: Up so the secondary feel is a little bit, behind and that's where it's, Like, okay you get to double a if hitters know that the secondary feels behind the fastball like they're gonna they're gonna hunt fastball and they're gonna dare you to locate the breaking ball and the change up. Consistently BUT i think he's got more than the ability to do, That SO i think that the curveball.
Speaker 3: Is way ahead of the change.
Speaker 4: Up the change up is kind of a distant third right now as he's, progressing but it flashes, still and that curveball at eighty miles an hour with the two plane break is dirty from that over the top. Release it tunnels off of the fastball well once the feel for the change up comes along a little bit. MORE i think like a gyro slider in between would be great for him as. Well this guy could be a, Monster but to already be thrown as hard as he, is filling up the zone the way that he is and having the success That trio's having already at now now.
Speaker 3: HIGH a or is he what level will we have now for?
Speaker 6: Him he's at HIGH, a but myself he's not even nineteen n til the offseason, too so we probably will reach DOUBLE a next year at nineteen years, old, potentially like is so far ahead of PACE.
Speaker 3: I, said HY, a AND i was, like, no there's no way he's at High, yes, yes he's made five starts at eighteen years.
Speaker 4: Old that for a picture is. Crazy, yeah, Crazy and just continuing to have his. Success thirty one strikeouts to five walks when you're making the adjustment to HIGH a is just unheard of. Stuff and so in those five starts to have the success that he's been having and to fill up the. Zone and the craziest part is he's doing that on not having the best feel for his. Secondaries what's he gonna look like when he's got the best feel for his. Secondaries that's What i'm really excited. For and DON'T i don't think it's too far.
Speaker 3: Away.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was a tip off for us last year when we saw him go FROM dsl to COMPLEX a SINGLE a in one, season because that doesn't happen ever for, pitchers especially.
Speaker 5: That literally is not a.
Speaker 2: Thing so we saw that happen last year and we talked about it on this. Show we were, like that means something in terms of how they view, him his talent, overall just like what he can. Be and this year it just is carrying it over After great eleven starts in single a now five starts off far on hig. A like he'll probably finish the year in. Hia but, like who's to say he can't get a couple starts and double at the end of the. YEAR i don't think, So but it's not impossible the way he's doing right.
Speaker 4: Now punnet's a hitting one sixty three against. Him sinces got up To. Hiya he has yet to give up a hit on that curve. Ball so it's just a matter of spotting it more. Consistently and this is gonna be one of the more exciting pitching prospects in baseball for a. Year next, year we'll he'll be, nineteen you, know the whole. Season what's it going to look like as a nineteen year. Old he could be one of the younger arms to debut that we've seen a long, time barring any.
Speaker 2: Roadblocks, yeah it's it's super.
Speaker 5: Exciting but that was a fun.
Speaker 2: Group we were going super long, here but it was it was a loaded list of guys and we were due for.
Speaker 5: The cch for a, while so that we were.
Speaker 4: Overdue last Thing i'll, mentioned he tore up that HI A wisconsin lineup For, brewers which is loaded. Too it's Not biloxi, loaded but there's there's trickle down to that high a lineup as. Well so at eighteen years, old to just take care of that lineup the Way trio did is, crazy but, yeah made up for some lost time here on this heat cheat. Year on the Call Up, no we shouted out a lot of things. Too links to all of them are in the episode. Description we'd love to see you at all of the, above especially at that simulcast and on, Whatnot but as, always thank you for. Listening look forward to talking prospects with you later this. Week we got draft and call up stuff later With tyler And jack