Speaker 1: This is he said a Yadiho with Eric Winter and Rodlin Fantas.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to another episode back he said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the listeners, we are like the third week, third week of January or January. It is already going so fast. Yeah, so freaking fast.
Speaker 2: A lot of positives, a lot of negatives, a lot a weird way to start this new year. But we're gonna keep picking up and try to, you know, turn the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ya yah. Not the not the best beginning for twenty twenty five. But things will settle, Things will settle.
Speaker 2: So we thought we get some of your questions in common sense. A lot of a lot has been coming in and it's it's been a minute since we were able to do this together, right, because you've been gone. You might leave again. Oh my gosh, I might leave it. I don't know. I'm out of the country.
Speaker 1: It's Gary, really Budapest really far away. It's really far away, but I've never been to the country and I'm trying to see if it pushes a little bit. So it's you guys can come for maybe a week and a half or something, and but it's good. It's it's I've never done horror, so it's a lot of fun scripts and really really good actor that I love. He's like a legend, so it'll be amazing. Like we'll talk about it more soon if it materializes.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is from first question from Marine Happy New Year. Can I just start by saying, I absolutely love your podcast. The idea that you guys have a sick compass in your life is unreal. I would definitely watch Thank You. We want to make that happen at some point.
Speaker 1: We've been trying to make that happen for years.
Speaker 2: Well, we stopped trying because I got the rookie and you got Grand Hotel. That's why it stopped.
Speaker 1: Maybe at some point, some point we'll revisit, like give us a name. It'll be interesting if we do end up working together and we have our own comedy. Can you submit some names for us? What was it going to be called? I've what was the name?
Speaker 2: I never had a name.
Speaker 1: We never had a name. Now was untitled Rosson in scentiez Eeric Winter Project. Remember Eric winter rosens it first because I'm the female.
Speaker 2: Just kidding.
Speaker 1: That was interesting. Guys, did you did you put a check on that I was joking, Wow, he's upset that I've put my name first.
Speaker 2: You know how long I was, Wow, Eric Sanchez, since we've been dating, Like, how'd we go anywhere? It was like, mister Eric Sanchez, Eric Winter, mister Sanchez, do you what the heck? No?
Speaker 1: But no, everybody knows Eric Winter. Now.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was Eric Sanchez forever. The question all right, So we got totally sidetracked here kind of related to the choices you're currently making in life. If you could choose any career any place in the world, where would it be and why? I know Roslin's answer, what is what is my answer? Actress in Spain right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to act in Madrid, Oh, Valencia, Oh see to act in Spanish. It's much easier for me.
Speaker 2: Listen, If I had any career to choose, and this is I don't. It's so weird to think about that. What I would do differently? I would still if I had a family and the family's all with me and we can all travel, I'd be an actor and I would go work in Europe somewhere. But my other career path in life, you never really had another career path. You always wanted to be an actress or a performer, but I believe it or not, I wanted to be a firefighter paramedic, so I would have probably loved to have done that.
Speaker 1: You would have been fighting the fires if I would have chose that path, guys. You know, I don't know if I ever said this story. For the longest time, I remember when I had a manager. Her name was Dian Perez, and she was my manager for many, many years, and she said to me, what would be your dream? And I said, besides doing brought Away, I want to have my own my entertainment show, meaning like Share, like Saunia Share, like that kind of thing. I said, I want to be Share. How do you pronounce your name? Share? Right? I want to be I want to be Shared. I want to be able to do interviews and perform with with my guest stars, and and do comedy sketches, you know, and look fabulous and have designers like dress me. So every time I come out like Share, you know, it was like a fashion statement. I wanted that so badly. So I ended up having a big development deal at the time with ABC and they I remember we sat down with all the executives and so what is it that you would like to do? And I said, I want to have my my one woman show like Share and they're like, oh, that's very interesting. But it's very very difficult because you know, it has been we have tried before, like the Mary Taylor More era. It's very difficult. But we actually have Wayne Brady. Now that it's doing one, it's not performing the way we want to, but would you be interested in being a guest star and doing a show with him just so we can see you in your element? And I was like, oh my god, that'll be a incredible So I did. So I was a guest star on the WAYN Brady Show and I danced and I sang and I did like comedy stuff. It was. I was in heaven. He was lovely. I had a great time. It never aired because the show got canceled before my so I was like, oh my god, I'm doomed because if that didn't work and he was Wayne Brady, you know, and he's incredibly talented, there's no way they're going to give me the chance because they have tested it and it didn't work. And I will never forget. Oh my god, I wonder if they would have seen it, and maybe if the show was highly rated, if I was ever going to have the opportunity to have my own show. So for a long time that was my dream. But everybody, guys, every single person, even my team, it's too difficult, it's too hard. Nobody's doing that. That format doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 2: Watching something like that. I wouldn't watch something like that.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Why I don't care about watching someone be one person show. It was incredible at the time because that's all it was on TV.
Speaker 1: It's like sn L. It's just a bunch of comedian No, I know what is a lot of comedians doing comedy and singing and and somebody opening the show for you is like, why can't it work?
Speaker 2: That show wouldn't work at like primetime television either it's a late night It's been that time forever. It's what works. I don't think it woul work at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Guys, I would eat that if I had a man or a woman and they were comfortable and they were talented, and I will watch.
Speaker 2: One man show like watch just stand up comedy. Get that's what I like.
Speaker 1: No, but I want to sing it at Anyways, next question.
Speaker 2: Don't work, Sue. Thank you so much, Sue for loving the podcast. Yeah, the naughty professor thing was out of control. That clip Rosland say and nutty instead of not.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, guys, I didn't mean.
Speaker 2: To question for you. Is you're giving a green light for a twenty episode season or of a new show, either acting in or producing directing. What is the premise to this show and what other TV actors would you want to start in it with. I'm gonna tell you right now, the comedy with Roz and I. That would be my dream gig. Twenty episodes, shooting a comedy in Los Angeles, producing it Rosin condrect an episode. That'd be my dream gig.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Was like, I want to go to Greenland and be on the smallest part of a city somewhere else and shoot a very dramatic piece where no one recognizes me. I would love that, and then where we don't see her for five months.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so sad, I did. I did tell my.
Speaker 2: Mind was about the family game, be like I would to be on the moon shooting an as my family around, because it'd be great to be an astronaut and I make it nominated.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I had a conversation with my agent last week. He said, well, I'm so excited for twenty twenty five, and like, what do you want? What is it that you want? And I said, I want you to give me a gig where I do a find out they can do a movie that is critically acclaimed. Just give me one scene, one freaking scene in a movie that gets someone. You never know what's going to get I know, And he was like he's and then he laughed and Eric, I whant to told Eric the story Eric is. Of course he laughed because it's not that easy. It's not That's how my laugh is. All right, we didn't we know that mine is the comedy Rosland's is something critically acclaimed, which probably wouldn't be our comedy. Why not just you know, why what if we?
Speaker 2: Demi Moore just got her first Nomina, and.
Speaker 1: You know how inspiring that was to witness something to no she's not sixty ye I don't know. And her speech was so incredible, like like like like you know what speaking her truth about Nobody ever thought that I was capable of doing that because I am. I just do popcorn blog Boster. You know, she's so stunning and and nobody really she was incredible. She's incredible. And finally, so you don't what. I'm fifty one. I still have time. Although guys, it's not about being nominated and none of that. I just want to give me more.
Speaker 2: Sixty two years old. Wow, So dude, you're plenty of time. You had a decade.
Speaker 1: I don't really care, Eric, to be honest with Yeah, I don't really care. I just want to work.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go next question.
Speaker 1: I just want to. I just want to work, and then a brand to do well so I can so I don't have to work.
Speaker 2: You're gonna work. You're gonna work, just fine. And yeah, a brand I want to. I want to have a business. Will probably what we have fun Republic to be jamming. All right, Michelle, Happy near to you as well. The Rookie on Hulu over your Christmas break you Binge watched the whole thing Fantastic Love It. Season seven's out now, although I think our first episode got preempted in some areas, so you can check it out on Hulu. Watching The Rookie led me to finding our podcast. Great to Know the personal side of the actress watching. Thank you so much, and I'm so glad you're you know, you're just happy with us being willing to share everything. That means a lot. I don't see a question here from you, Michelle, but we appreciate everything that you said and being a fan of the podcast and a fan of the show. It's awesome. Lynn. This is for Roz. Do you want to read it.
Speaker 1: What's happening with your clothing line? We haven't heard anything lately. Will you have new styles coming out and when might they be available?
Speaker 2: Also, the audio movie and English.
Speaker 1: So would your Daary movie have English subtitles? Yes, it already has that. We're working on that. It was interesting because we have one of my producers of me, I'm doing the subtitles, and we both our first language is not English, so I'm so proud. We're so proud. We do the whole the subtitles the way I think work, and then I have my American, non Spanish speaking producers proof reading it.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of naughty behaviors down now.
Speaker 1: They're like, there's so many mistakes that We're like, what do you mean? Like, I work so hard and I guess we're redoing them because we need an English but it's tricky because it's in Spanish. Yeah, so a lot of mistakes. But guys, I guess it's someone is you know, medi the your mind is what it is.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm gonna I'm want to take the question for you on on the clothing line, because I helped you orchestrate that deal and I know it's something that's just has been tough for you in general. Listen, her clothing line, she did. Rosland did everything she could to be an inspiration to build this clothing line up. Now, the people designing the clothes didn't come to Roslind for enough input. They didn't come to her for her for her feedback as much as we wanted early on in this deal. And to be honest, Ross has never really worked with celebrity brands in a way to launch one. They've taken on brands that celebrities have had that have already been out in the marketplace, so they're just placing it there, but they don't really know how to launch. I'll say that I don't think they know how to launch a brand new celebrity brand because they don't market towards it. Ross is all about the scavenger hunt. That's their branding, and when you're launching a new brand, very difficult to have a scavenger hut when people don't know where to find it. And so I'll be honest, We're going to and I say we because like I said, I helped orchestrate the deal with Ros, but we are going to part ways with that partner with Ross, and we are going to and even our design partner, and we are going to get back out there and find another deal with the product with the same you know, the Ross Essenti's clothing line.
Speaker 1: Guys. It was very launching it difficult for me. Since the beginning. I was super excited because of the possibilities. Ross is a massive, massive store. They have almost three thousand yeah stores nationwide. Clearly, their business model works incredibly well. People love it, you know, and a lot of Hispanics go to Ross. So they have their business model so tight that they don't really care to be honest with you about doing celebrity collaborations because they don't have to because they do extremely well. We got the opportunity and immediately I was like, this is incredible. I want I want to do something that is for the masses. I want things that are affordable because you know what, I come from very normal beginnings, and my mom was a same stress, so I know the value of fabric and clothing. So it's like I want to do something that is getting to me, which is something very pretty, very affordable. Very early on we realized Ross doesn't want me to do any kind of publicity. So every single thing that you guys saw that I posted, I was advised not too because Ross they didn't want me to post absolutely anything. They wanted to be a discovery. Whoever goes to Ross, if they see it, and if they're interested, they'll buy it, But they want no publicity and no attachment because that's not their business model. So that was a little hard of me. So for many months I couldn't post anything. Then finally, after all a lot of us pressing guys, if I have a line that has my name and has my face hanging on the tag, I want to be able to promote it. So I was allowed to in a very simple way. Don't do too much, just to a little bit. And that's what you saw when I was posting, and I was so excited, and I try to make everything look very, very very pretty. But again, since the very beginning, I thought I was going to be able to be part of the designing team and I was not allowed to. They will send me samples and they will send me stuff, but I will always have some kind of like feedback about what about this? And I like, I don't respond to this fabric, what about that one? And it was not a collaboration per se. It was more like, this is what Ross wants, this is what works, They know their market. Just trust, just trust and somebody as me that is very alpha, that is very controlling. It was very difficult for me to swallow that pill of going, guys, if it's my face, if it's my name, I want to be able to absolutely love everything that I'm selling. What I posted is I did because I liked. The other stuff that I didn't post is because I was not going to post something that I know I was not gonna wear. And I'm not discrediting the company that we had to design because you know, they do great stuff and they know their market. It doesn't mean that it's my taste. So there was a big disconnect with not being able to promote the way I wanted to not being able to design the way I wanted to, and ultimately I was like, I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to walk away because I just don't want to do something to see if it sticks, you know, because I don't. I don't have to. I honestly don't have to. If I'm going to do clothing is because I have a passion for it, not because I need the money, not because I need to do it, just because I like I like it, So it wasn't a good match. Again, I appreciate the opportunity. I think it was a great experiment for them, you know, to be able to allow somebody that has a bit of a resume, you know, in their entertainment business to do it. We could have continued doing it. But if I'm not happy and I want to be super happy and proud of what I'm doing, if my name is involved, that's why we're like, you know, it's better two part ways. Again, I appreciate the opportunity. I think it's a massive department store that does incredibly work incredibly well, that serves a purpose. You know, you want to buy cute stuff that is affordable. I'm all about that and hopefully I get to do it my way very soon. You know, we're cooking something. But until I have something that I'm one hundred percent happy with, I'm not gonna say anything. So I appreciate your question, and I hope that clorifies everything.
Speaker 2: Another question before we head out. I think those great job clarifying. By the way, Edith is actually pretty funny. Thank you for the congratulations on the podcast. And you're loving our little love fights that we have. We have a lot of love.
Speaker 1: Fights, love fights of love fights.
Speaker 2: Question one, this is fun. Imagine you had to live in one of these two worlds Rosland, one where everyone sings instead of talking, or one where everyone dances instead of walking. What would you choose. I'd be dead because I had to sing and dance all day long. Forget about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know dance, I'd probably, but I'll probably do the dance.
Speaker 2: We'd never meet the end of it.
Speaker 1: I know they'll be there. Can we have a world where everything is singing and dancing, so everything is a musical all day long.
Speaker 2: I would love that, two different worlds. That question two. If your life had a soundtrack, what song would be its main theme and why? That's tough on the spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to think about it.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: I don't live my life like a carnival at all, but if I could, yeah, I would live like your sorrows go away by singing.
Speaker 2: I have no idea how to squabble up.
Speaker 1: Kendrick guys Okay, parentheses over here. So my kid, our kid, Daylan, seven years old, is obsessed with that song that it's all fwordwordword no. But then lest yesterday, he goes daddy and then he has a repeat because he goes, hey, hey, what is the apple? Alexa? Hey, Alexa, And he asked Alexa for the songs over and over again, and it was cute like we are cleaning the closet where he was losing his mind because they have no school because because the fires. So we're clean the closets and he is unrepeat right putting all the stuff is inside his shirt, jumping from the bed to the floor. Unrepeat. It was I can lude to that song doing Japarazzi Parazzi, Lady.
Speaker 2: Gaga and Jack Harlowe love it on.
Speaker 1: Me, love it. But the funny thing is that he asked daddy. They're they're playing the explicit right, and Daddy goes, you know, it's okay, that's fine, but maybe just make sure that you don't repeat the bad words. Okay, don't, don't, don't, don't listen to the.
Speaker 2: Battery way, listen to the songs.
Speaker 1: I had a game, so I keep walking by, and every time there was an F He's sitting on his rocking chair and he's like loving it, and I'm looking at him. And every time there's an F he's laughing, hysterical, and then the song keeps going another F word and he's laughing historical. Oh my god. It was cute. But are we damaging our.
Speaker 2: Yeah, said no, we're losing our minds. I was just trying to keep entertaining. I know, all right, let's see, uh TikTok. The third question. If you had to give away all of your things, and you're only allowed to take back one item each day, what would those What would be the first three things you would choose? You gave away everything, what's the first thing he'd ask back?
Speaker 1: Material?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wedding ring, okay, I would agree with.
Speaker 1: That, my wedding album.
Speaker 2: Okay, on the Bible, those are the three things you take back?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I have all the pictures for the kids and the kids albums. I don't know. It's very tricky.
Speaker 2: I do the wedding ring with you, and I take my phone because then and then I also have my website, so I could order more Palm Republic, I wouldn't have to take it back at his buying new ones. And then the third thing I would take already car so I could drive around to get places. Yeah, the car, I can't just you're just sitting in the front yard with as.
Speaker 1: I get my dogs that.
Speaker 2: But so I'm driving around on my phone with Palm Republic and wedding rings and you were sitting in the front yard looking at pictures and you have your ring and you have no what was your third thing? You can't take one of mine. Now You're just stuck.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'll do, and that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Good questions, though, And answer your other question. You saw the clip about me playing guitar on TikTok. I have not played guitar in about a year. I'm about to stop production, so I'm gonna start getting back on the guitar. I have been terrible and I have slacked. It's really bad, really bad. My guitar skills.
Speaker 1: That I wonder why people a lot of brand new guitar Why do we do that?
Speaker 2: What do we like?
Speaker 1: And I think this is like a very common thing within human beings. Like you say you're going to start something and then you're I've got to get back DV eight and then you forget about it. It's like we do it all the time, and it's very it's very weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really. It was a mess.
Speaker 1: Like I wonder if there's a human being that will actually start something and stick to it until it's completion. It's so hard to do marriage, which leads us to our no not even that people like different an exit? What about?
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 1: I mean this was announced a couple of Let me ask his last fan question because it's about the topic.
Speaker 2: Michelle, Oh, no, this is kim on kim On. I hope I pronounced that correctly. Thank you for loving the podcast and everything we're doing on it. Your husband said, it's I guess it's your new fix, which is great. Let's see you absolutely love decided right and okay, I know you have a how would you do it? I was wondering how to deal with grief in your marriage. My husband and I have been married for one year and two months. We both lost our moms and the first year of marriage, we have been trying hard to be strong for each other, but I'm dying inside. I feel depressed, broken, and I know he must feel the same way. I have tried many times to get him to open up about it, but he always says he's fine. So what does he said AAD hosts say about this m that's tough.
Speaker 1: So they both lost lost their moms.
Speaker 2: They're both struggling inside. She has been trying to get him to open up about it. He just keeps saying he's fine. How do you handle?
Speaker 1: I think they have to talk about it, but she's trying.
Speaker 2: He just says, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I guess you're going to have to keep trying and just tell him. Listen. I know you're saying you're fine, but I I went through the same experience and I'm not fine. So either you tell me what's going on, or I'm going to talk to you about what's going on with me because I need I need a release.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a version though, of just giving him space as well? Maybe he processes differently.
Speaker 1: For sure, and that would be me. You know, like between you and me, I think you're more and more open to speaking about everything. I'm more into. Can you just let me be for a second because I don't want to speak, but I think at some point it has to be And.
Speaker 2: Look, we can. We've been together for nineteen years, you know, sixteen married, so it's easier for us to kind of understand each other's dynamic. You've been married for a year.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I do think Rosland's right though in this regard that, you know, it's fine line. I think you've got to give a little bit of space. But if space has been given for quite some time now and you feel you need someone to talk to, you could ask him if you're able to share what you're going through to him, because you want to have someone to lean on. And if he says I don't want to hear that, I don't want to talk about it, then that's tough. You might want to go to therapy. Ask if he'd be open at therapy, not marriage therapy, but just therapy for each other what you're going through and how to navigate it.
Speaker 1: Or write it down. If he says I don't want to hear it. Just write him a letter, you know, just write something, put all your thoughts into that, and then just leave it on his nightstand and he's going to read it, and that might trigger something.
Speaker 2: And it's fair enough to say in that letter probably how it makes you feel that the two of you aren't communicating about it, and you know, for the sake of your marriage, you want to be able to communicate. You want to be able to air these things out. You want him to be there to be your rock even though he's struggling, and you want to be his rock even though you're struggling. I think it's important to keep that communication somehow. So writing is a great idea as an alternative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm sorry, so sorry the bull you're going through that at the same time, losing a parent. I've had to go through it. It is very difficult. So I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's interesting because when we were cleaning up and cleaning the closets and the bedroom to donate because of the fires, I've found a lot of pictures of events that I've done in Puerto Rico, my triathlons and things that i've done that. My father was a part of it, and from vacations, you know, the when my kid, when Sabella was born, that my parents came to Los Angeles to be with me when I deliver the baby. Both times, actually my father was so healthy and so vibrant, and I'm going, oh my god, this is not my dad anymore. And I'm kind of like preparing myself because I don't know. I mean, listen, my dad is such a lucky person that he always like nine eighty four, but he's the unhealthiest person that is still alive. We don't want to, you know, and and he's just been very lucky even though he's sick with longevity. You know that he's still fighting. So we think it's just a matter of time. But who knows, he might live ten more years.
Speaker 2: Do you have no idea they're going to confirm cancer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's a it's a mess. But it's sad. Man. When you lose a parent, you you lost your dad, and I know that was to this day. It's very hard. I have never experienced that because they're both alive and I'm trying to prepare myself. I'm dealing with my own issues. With daddy issues, you know that I have because I have no idea how I'm going to react when they comes I have. You know, it's so crazy. I have no idea. I don't even know if I'm going to cry.
Speaker 2: You will at some point. It might be by yourself. At the end of the day, I'm wed. I think that's the tricky part. And and I can't say I had dad issues, but I think when you have issues, you know it's your parent. There's still going to be good memories with your parents. There are going to be moments that were powerful and it's still your dad or your mom, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Who really the most vivid memory that I have about my dad growing up is I mean in terms of a good one Like my dad, I used to like, I don't know, you don't believe it, but I used to run very very fast. And my father was always like so proud of of any form of athletics that I would do. And he'll be like drinking his rum in the terraces, right, And I decided, oh, I'm going to exercise, and I will exercise in front of him, right, And I will do jumping jacks and I will try to be super super, super super active. And he was just looking at me, into his trios, his music, drinking his rum, looking at me so proud because I was working on in front of him. Yeah, isn't that crazy? And I wanted to like do it so well because it was so important to do it. He's approval, you know what I mean that? Oh, he's proud of me. He's proud of me. He's proud of me. So weird, so weird.
Speaker 2: Great question and great and thank you for sharing. Honestly, listen everybody out there. We love doing these listener questions. So if again, if you have more you want to send to us, stuff you want to talk about, send it to our dms at he said a a DHO or email us at ericin Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. Then we covered it real. Yeah, I love you, love you, Thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 1: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check goes out at, he said. As an email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. He said, AJAB is part of iHeartRadio's Mike would do that podcast network.
Speaker 2: See you next time. I