Speaker 1: You know what's about shipped me out on Bootleg care podcast.
Speaker 2: Yo Bootleg cav Show special guest in here. His new album is out Being One, It's going crazy. Uh, you've dropped that, man, you dropped a hell of visuals. One of the hottest artists on the planet right now, man fresh off tour ryl Rodriguez. We have a lot in common. You and I each have a white grandfather. I mean I'm white. So I saw you talking about your granddad and like how you grew up. He kind of like was like a big part of like, you know, holding down the family and ship.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: What is your like exact makeup ethnically, because when I see Rodriguez, I'm thinking like Dominican. But then I heard you got a white granddad, and I'm like, okay, what is it? What do you uh? What's your ethnicity?
Speaker 1: Joe Jim rid of the Black.
Speaker 2: My granddad are white black with a little bit of white.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that, But I don't know my dad. My mom said my dad yet, Like I have a son the same mixture. Shot to my son. Uh, what's up, man? How are you feeling? How? First of all, shout to uh, I saw the la show. Look crazy, you guys were just in the bay. Okay, Yeah, what's this? Like what's the arena tour vibe like compared to you doing like a cause you know you'll go to the club, get the brown bag at the back end, and then you know you can go and do a whole damn arena. Like what is what is the energy difference for you? And how do you approach like each each situation when it comes to performing that.
Speaker 1: Said, go you gotta go do it? Like the difference like I don't know, like more people, so more people, it's like more people in those songs. But it's different from the club though.
Speaker 2: You get nervous, like doing the arena.
Speaker 1: Shit, yeah, I'll be nervous everything doing club.
Speaker 2: Every time for real. I still get nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you get up there and you know, be nervous. W you walk out there, it goes away straight away. Wow, that's dope. You still get nervous because you have even doing.
Speaker 2: Again, get nervous list and less yeah yeah, yeahs that's shit crazy. It's wild too, because like you know, I feel like everybody, everybody should get nervous. I think it's important once you stop getting nervous. I feel like you stop caring, you know, because you just go out there and just you're nervous because you care what people care think about you. You want them to receive you the right way. Yo. What's up with these dice games? Bro? And how much do I need to get into one of them? If I pull up to wat saw the video you and baby, we know somebody who showed up, right, we knew, we knew one of the Armenian dudes that were there, and from I understand, he left one hundred k less rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like pretty serious money getting thrown around. So you're not the gambler. You were just kind of there for moral support. Nah, I was you was throwing the dice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been gamming later, but I don't give them like at all.
Speaker 2: How much money did you win or lose playing at that dice game that we all saw recently? I don't even know. I want that. Were you up or down? I one? So you were up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably eight bands? That's great, But the other night I would lose to the same Fuck.
Speaker 2: Really, what's your worst night in terms of losing that? What you mean like like like a at the end of the night. How much is most you lost in one night gambling? And I got to bet what I was down like twenty down twenty that's right, and got it. Bet. I bet on James Harden to win a game Christmas four years ago and I was like twenty five grand. Yeah, and forever, like James is the homie though shot to James, but forever. I just remember, like my my Christmas was ruined because the Rockets couldn't beat the Warriors with nobody. It was when everybody was injured. So I was like, that's why I about everybody was injured on the Warriors Christmas Day. Rockets have like the best record in the league. Oh Jesus A terrible time. Worst Christmas in my life, right, Yeah. Man, it's crazy too because like you, I feel like what I appreciated about how you kind of got like viral was like sampling going in over like classic beats, right, And I feel like you're kind of the first artist that really, at least in this generation, that really did that and did it like the right way. Now everybody is just jumping on old shite that, yeah, but you were kind of like the first guy to do it. You did it in your own way though it wasn't like so like when you see it kind of because you obviously influenced the game a lot without maybe the recognition, but like when you see that, like do you recognize? Like, man, I really kind of influenced a lot of this shit.
Speaker 1: About that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what inspired you to like originally start doing that?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? The old I had the old songs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like them.
Speaker 1: It will make you. It's different from R and B and so like it's really don't stick. Yeah, I just wanted to. I just big on music. No, like like R and B, like that old R and B. So I wanted to redo it.
Speaker 2: M hm Yo. You're from Mobile, right, Yeah, that's right near like Florida.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, it's a it's by Flora, like by pencil Colt.
Speaker 2: So I'd driven through Mobile like four times because I used to live in Tampa and I would drive from Tampa to my hometown of Phoenix, like each time I moved, So we'd stop in Mobile for like gas and ship and uh, it's kind of like a weird little pocket of the country because you're like not far from New Orleans too.
Speaker 1: No, you're like two while from the right and then you got parts of Florida. You got ain by Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Exactly like for you growing up, and like I'm sure like, uh, you know there's some legendary Alabama artists recipes Adobe shout to yellow Wolf, who's from Gadson, But like, uh, what what were your influences being from there? Because I'm sure you pulled from a lot of the places near you, some of like music, yeah, music, yeah, Like what were you bumping? Like who kind of helped you know, form your style? You would say in terms of you just like listening to.
Speaker 1: Him, We ain't nobody like helping me for my style who I was living to? But I ain't an Adobe. It's it's a dude. I ain't seen nah from obile him. It's like a lot of local artists. Adobe was hard bro were the one. He was the one, and like.
Speaker 2: We didn't even get to really he didn't even get to scratch the surface.
Speaker 1: And uh, he was the one, though, Jo.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have you ever heard of this group? When I was a kid, there was a group from Alabama. I'm not sure what part, but they were called Dirty. It was two guys called Dirty and had like videos on bt mm hmm, I think they might have been on rapp at. That could be wrong, but they were the first guys I ever ever remember like from Alabama. Never heard and then I mean yellow you ever with yellow Wolf? The white boy he's from He's heard he was assigned Eminem. Yeah, I heard he's from Gadson, which I don't know where. I don't know where that is. I think it's like by Huntsville. Yeah. The only scope of Alabama I know is getting gas in your Yeah, what do you think? Because I do feel like Alabama as a whole, like over the last I don't know, six seven years, you guys have had like a real run. Think you guys like you no cap Young Blue. I will go on and on and on. What do you think it is about Alabama? Right now? That's kind of like cutting through finally.
Speaker 1: Could we one like we were like, I mean like it wasn't nobody from from Alabama. Yeah, you're really gonna you're gonna need somebody like you kind of need somebody that nobody, Yeah to open the door.
Speaker 2: Who do you think open the door? I want to say, like.
Speaker 1: For the person goose Man from Alabama, Gucci from Goose Alabama. No fucking idea goose Man.
Speaker 2: This is new to me. Blue Blues been killing it. Yeah, like Man Cap, Yeah, you and Cap are definitely a lot of folks.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of folk.
Speaker 2: I wonder when I hear your ship, what is your writing process like? Or do you write? Are you going to do the melody first?
Speaker 1: You writing going into your home? But like the whole song, you have a melody, right, And I'm saying, I'm telling to keep that and I'll just put words in.
Speaker 2: So that your your first take is just strictly.
Speaker 1: Strictly how I feel. And I would go with the first one. I feel fire, and from there you put the words. Whatever I'm humming, I just make it words.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I might start right here and I might go to the end, but the middle might be over m hm, So I really record like it's kind of weird and really weird. I might start at the end and then go back to the front.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah that's dope. Yeah, it just depends on how you're feeling. I do that everything, So you start at the end. I start right here first. I might start first, then I might let the beat. I might go to the end and yeah, I do like that. It'd be like beats piece. That's crazy. I never heard that.
Speaker 1: It really I really like recording like that now because you'll be stuck on one part. You don't want to be stuck, right, So if you stuck, you get done, right, Yeah, just get stuck and then they don't even get kid your vibe. So I just don't get out the way it goes actually.
Speaker 2: Really efficient, right yeah, because like you said, if you have like some sort of like writer's block or you like it, I already got the front in there and done, so.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to do the middle.
Speaker 2: You gotta do the middle at that point or you at least gonna come back to it. No, I do I like that. Yo, talk to me. What has been your favorite experience on tour so far? Mm hmm? Just performing? But like, has there been a city or like maybe an after party or something like? Man, this city was just clear everything.
Speaker 1: It's a fun, it's a it's a super fun. But every city been.
Speaker 2: What's the bus life like the bus tour bus?
Speaker 1: Uh too? I'm gonna better in your bed.
Speaker 2: Well, I heard you're not allowed to shop on the bus. Is that true? Hey?
Speaker 1: No, I mean you can do, but I heard.
Speaker 2: That they try to be like, if you can wait, don't shoot on the bus.
Speaker 1: I ain't never sit on the bus yet, but niggas shipped on the bus.
Speaker 2: I'm sure if you gotta go, you gotta go. That's why it.
Speaker 1: Ain't shing like that told you that.
Speaker 2: Every wrapper, right know, like maybe they're on less nicer buses, but they're always like yo, the driver prefers nobody ships on the bus because then he's got to clean.
Speaker 1: This ship and then I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: So like usually there's like, you know, we hit hit a fucking liquor store or food truck stop or something. All right, So yeah, what what I always hear that a couple of things that people need on tour or that they're always short on our draws and socks? Is this true? Yeah? Draws on the club those are like the necessities, right, like you got you can never have too many socks and draws on the tour bus. Are you guys playing two K or any any ps five on the Call of Duty? If you were a playable character in Call of Duty, which is very possible one day, what's your like, go to gun.
Speaker 1: That look golden, that look golden stick, golden Golden a K.
Speaker 2: The Golden Ak. I feel like you could, like next year we might be like playing as right on Call of Duty. You could. They just dropped Ni Ni Nikki and twenty one Savage. Yeah, both of them. Yeah, so too, you could beat both of them. Imagine like getting smoked by Nicki Minajs though, bro, Like you're like running around and Nicky's sucking in her pink Like came ship you getting capped by Nicki? No, I'm not even talking about that. It'd be like a nine year old kid with the head playing Oh yeah, I forget that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Ship man, can you pick somebody else brother to kill me with? Who's your go to? On two K Madden?
Speaker 1: We go to on two k uh the Bucks?
Speaker 2: The Bucks. Yeah, the Eagles are great because you just run run, though, because Jalen Hurts is a monster. It's almost like did you ever play back in the day when Mike Vick was in Madden? Were you old enough there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was like a cheek code you know, played college football. Oh yeah he didn't playing with her brother. No, he was fine, Jill, like Mike it mark.
Speaker 2: What team was he on?
Speaker 1: RGIA?
Speaker 2: Oh? He went to Virginia Tech too. Yeah, that's probably why he went, are you a big? I mean, look, Alabama, we only like there's no teams, there's just college football, right, So are you like a college football fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is this? Is it Auburn? Is it Alabama? Alabama? Yeah? Have you been to one of those games? They look insane? And I heard the like, what's it called beforehand? What did they do beforehand? When they be fucking partying in park a lot tailgating? I heard the tailgate shit is crazy in Alabama? I heard that ship was lit. Bro, Yo, tell me this man. Let's say we fast forward ten years from now, where you hope to.
Speaker 1: Be at m ship the Grammys.
Speaker 2: You might get the Hey, yo, listen, you might You're gonna get You're gonna be in the Grammy soon sooner than that. Yeah, you state you still see yourself makeing music in a decade, Like, do you want to keep doing the ship? Like? Just as long as it makes song as I can, Yeah, it makes sense. As long as they're fucking with You're still gonna do it because we just saw like ships. I think Snoop just I mean Snoops in his fifties dropped Dres in his fifties, like Hove is up there like nas nas and not just trop you're fucking nas you. Uh, who's your who's your goats? Like give me your like top three or four of all time and well rap yeah, rap rappers, MC's.
Speaker 1: Top three, Tupac Little Wang.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm trying that.
Speaker 1: Tupat Little Wang.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, no, no, that's the two.
Speaker 1: No, like it's who I'm listening to. I just just like I see who you think is to go? Yeah two fill.
Speaker 2: Like, damn it, damn Max incredible, damn shout out to fucking Wayne. Now Wayne one, are you excited to watch him? He's on Uh he's supposed to be co hosting with Skip Bayless now on Fox. Remember that show that Shannon he no no, no no, so Shannon Sharp left and now Lil Wayne is gonna be Skip Bayless his new co host on Fridays. They're gonna be hut that ship should be crazy. Why ain't know? That's what Apparently he's into sports. I mean ship, he's gonna have to be. You're gonna have to be at airth I ain't at the box and ship he'd be everywhere. What's been. Have you Have you been any big fight check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been in the fights. I've been like, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You went to the Tank Davis to Ryan Garcia went.
Speaker 1: We're doing uh the TrailO trailer twins.
Speaker 2: I heard the Tank Davis fight. The atmosphere was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah that, like mister be I heard like a boxing Yeah, it's better than everything I.
Speaker 2: Heard people say, big fight. It's got like a super like you like you like the world. You see a big boxing fan. Did you watch what's his face? The logan not logan Paul Jake Paul ideas, Yeah, that what do you I mean? That was kind of I feel like if they would have been some MMA sh and they DIDs would have fucked him up.
Speaker 1: For ye, but I knew.
Speaker 2: I knew he was gonna beat Na. Yeah, but we're gonna quit. Yeah, he don't quit. Then when he lose, he like he won, so he ain't even really knows. Hey, that's what the chip for that he begins his ass beat and he just eats it up. So you funk with the UFC ship. Uf C is the best. What about wrestling? You ever watch wrestling? I used to back in the Day. Who was your guy? Uh Stone gul Oh yeah in the rock, that's the that's the attitude there. End up like, uh what the nickname man kind? Mankind end up like man? Remember he used to have the sock. Now my brothers do that ship to me? Ship? You used to that same ship. You just hit your homieright in the mouth, put on and yeah you should. And then he was also dude Love. Do you remember that man Love? He was the hippie dude. Yeah, shout out to Mick Foley. He's a legend. What the other man Man? I used to hate that name, which the grand Vince Vince big Man? Yeah, oh yeah, Vince big Man's a wild boy. He's also a billionaire. Like, Yo, you should go to WrestleMania. It will It's not like going to the fight. I'm sure you did, Doe here. I don't know where I was younger. WrestleMania is crazy. Yeah, that's like that feels like you're at some like big time. Like it's almost like you have to super Bowl, but it's wrestling. I can't remember. So you went as a kid, Yeah, I watched.
Speaker 1: You got to go though.
Speaker 2: Cogin's. He has a restaurant in Tampa. Terrible food, but nice guy. Yeah yeah, Hall Coogan is I don't know if he's the goat.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like put it on. He put it on, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: He also there's been some some some audio of him being kind of racist before. I mean he said some ship that was kind of wild, you know what I'm saying. They canceled they so he got in trouble and they deleted all his matches off of the w W network for like a year, and then they brought him back. Because it's like, if you're the WWE, like you're really gonna ban hal Cogan for life. He apologized, obviously, But yeah, Hall Cokain, you know, shouts a half man. We got to stop the interview real quick to tell you about our folks at my bookie. Man, Look my bookie. NFL season is approaching, and you know what they just added that I love is that early cash out. Let's say you got a ticket and it's looking great, you can cash out early on that ticket, all right, I love it, all right. Plus, of course my Booki's got the full casino going down and if you sign up right now using the promo code Bootleg. They will give you that first deposit bonus up to one thousand dollars. All right, So head over to my bookie asap. Look, we're got an NFL coming. There's baseball you can gamble on right now, and of course the full service casino blackjack with the real dealer, roulette, craps, whatever you're into, slot machines, you could do it and cash out right on my bookie. All right. All you got to do is sign up with that new promo code Bootleg. When you sign up, trust me when I say it's a new account, they're gonna get you that first deposit bonus, all right, So go to my bookie right now. Use that promo code Bootleg when you sign up for a new account. Also got to give a big shout out to the family at King Palm, the official sponsor of the Bootleg Cap podcast. So what I know about King Palm is, of course, it's all about organic, all right, No tobacco. This is the straight organic leaves. It's the only thing I smoke out of. And what I love about it is they have these turping infused flavor tips and they're so good. The squeezing pops. This is the watermelon Man, they got the dragon fruit, they got the grape whatever you're into. Trust me, they got it all right. They're available at your local smoke shop. You can also go to kingpom dot com and use the promo code boot leg and save half off. So fifty percent off if you use that promo code bootleg at kingpom dot com. And man, trust me, the squeezing pop is where it's at. I've had so many people come in here and they're like, yo, you squeeze and then you get the flavor right away. All right. It's and of course it's tobacco free. It's a healthy smoke. So make sure you rock with King Pom at your local seven to eleven, your local liquor store, or go get fifty percent off at kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg. Let's get back to the interview. What are you doing in your spare time outside of you know, running around the country grabbing bags, taking money at dice games, et cetera. What do you like to do, like if you're at home off day, what's going on at the crib?
Speaker 1: I do like white movies?
Speaker 2: That chip? What's your favorite movie ever? On Men's Society, Menace The society is a great one. Pain for paining fool is amazing. Cameron is a man. Killed that ship. He did know men, it's a society. Those was up there for me too, old dog? Is that much? Did you ever watch Don't Be a Menace to South Central? Oh? My god, so good, such a great movie. I maybe like love the Marlon Brothers. Bro, like that ship is a classic?
Speaker 1: Really hard too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Don't be a Menace? It was crazy now but that have you? Have you watched Cameron and Mace's show that they do. Yeah, yeah, fucking hillarious, bro, they be pausing everybody. All they do is hit people would egregious pauses. Oh it's so good. I think they had like a clip where they were like they were playing like some ship. Charles Barkley said, mm hmm, and he was. Charles Barkley was saying some wild ship on TV, but he was talking about basketball, but he sounded like literally he was saying, like some crazy shit. And Cameron and Mace just win it. Man, they're they're the best. Would you ever? Because I feel like you don't do a lot of interviews, so it's actually dope to have you here, So thank you for coming. I think the one I saw was you and DJ Smalls back in the day. Why is that that you you don't like do a lot of ship like that, You know what I'm saying, Because I feel like you got a great personality.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to like burrow myself out. That makes sense, Like, its just I wanted to wait, like late in my career. I like that to do it so it wouldn't be like I already did it won't do Yeah, So I just really wanted to wait.
Speaker 2: I respect that man. For you, Uh, what has been kind of like the last couple of years. Obviously you've been just leveling up every every every year, things have been getting bigger and bigger for you. What has been the negative of that? Because we always see the positive. We see you got bigger streams, bigger towards, bigger money, bigger jewelry. But what's the negative of the success that you have to deal with real like.
Speaker 1: Like like a bigger target. It's just like the bigger you get more haters. Yeah, it's just a bigger sight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to make you obviously you got to move a little differently too, Right, The bigger you get, higher profile, what's the dumbest thing you've bought so far, Lean Lean, Yeah, that's my dumbest. Is it still really expect I mean like obviously it's it's like because I mean they're like real, Like the ship, they're like like active. Ship's like done, Like they don't even make it done. They don't make that. Yeah, if someone has activists, they're lying they might have had to put up for years or so. It's almost like wine. At that point you're like, yo, I got this O nine activist aged it's brown, it's not even purple. That's got to be expensive as fuck. Like two thousand, bro, my freaking parents they had they had a I think from like two thousand and four, a prescription bottle of activists in there in their uh old, like their medicine cabinet. I was at my parents' house like maybe like six months ago, and I was trying to find something, yes, and I pulled this ship out and I was like, you guys, know what the fuck y'all got here? Like this is probably like I don't know, a thousand dollars at least line. See, I don't know. I never was. I'm a big shrew meater. I hate not have you tried them? Well, how do you hate them if you ever tried them?
Speaker 1: I just do for people say it said to be a loosener, ain't and.
Speaker 2: Ship listen, we can't hate so without trying.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to loosen it.
Speaker 2: I do hate crack though, and I haven't tried that you hate because I might be like, I don't know. I never thought of it that way. So shrooms is fire. People have told you bad things about shrimps.
Speaker 1: Ain't too man. They just like if you don't like, we don't try storms. So you're not a smoker, I don't like you've never been a smoker. You used to?
Speaker 2: Why don't you like it? Paranoia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day I just thought even paranoy. I ed to smoke a lot.
Speaker 2: Though, Like like that's like what about eating weed edimals like edibles? Would you? Yeah? I want them edible? Terrible. I woke up, Yeah, no, you'll wake up the next day. It'll put you down and then you wake up and over yet.
Speaker 1: Shit, you know, had we infuse we infuse what like it's like in the solution, but they were put in like a weed slushy. Yeah, like infuse.
Speaker 2: I've had the syrup that's actually the homie just gave me this. Try it. It's like a shot of like I don't know, you try it cannabis. This is supposed to be like a five hour energy shot, but it's this is is weed. Yeah yeah, but I wouldn't. The thing is you like supposed to port this into the sprite or something? Yeah? Yeah, No, I've never done a weed and fuse slushy.
Speaker 1: You have by mistake.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fucked up. Who gave you that?
Speaker 1: It laid out autumn fool?
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be friends with that ma anymore.
Speaker 1: If they gave you, no, I add for it, come thinking it, come with the fool thing and solution. But I said fuse and I ain't read.
Speaker 2: Oh hell no. Then I had to go report week, so you had to. Did you have to clean up your piss? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, no, I'll tell my poy. I'm trying my mistake. He ain't gonna believe that.
Speaker 2: So did you tell your po He ain't pissed me, so he was also, were you just on colors, which, but where I'm from they do this.
Speaker 1: I was on some cool probation. They don't do the color shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, because the color is like you just don't know if you're waking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yo.
Speaker 2: Trying to clean up your piss before a piss test is extremely stressful activity. Have you drinking some wild ship and I didn't even have to pee and it didn't even make you piss after. So you drink all that and then for nothing. That's what sucks about weed is two weeks if you if unless you drink all that ship and then you know, they say you drink a lot of water. I have my you know how many times my cousins are all being on probation, my freaking uncles, I as a child have pissed into pill bottles. I'm talking at least fifty times. I go in the bathroom, I'm pissing in a pill bottle. I'm taking it to my cousin and then they go and they'll microwave it right before they got to leave the house, so it's like right, kind of like room temperature by the time they get there and they pour that ship. I mean unless the po is watching, obviously, but a lot of back then they didn't watch what so like I was pissing for everybody. I was really tripping because I should have been charging for my pitch. Did you ever have to use someone else's pee? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, na out offensive the same day?
Speaker 2: Oh ship, Like yeah, let me get some of that. The only thing is is like you get caught. It's like, yeah, it's a strike for sure, right here. Is it a violation or why does that work? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think they do too much. They about gonna make the piss.
Speaker 2: You have tried some shroom, man, they catch I'm care for some shrooms to try them one day. I probably try the candy. Can I have some candy? Yeah, listen, it's better than lean.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's shit stank.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the candy it doesn't smell again. No, they don't have you best ship. Technically, yes, yeah, you like mushrooms on your pizza? Me either. I mean it's all a fungus, right, so technically you're right. Mushrooms come from shit, yes, but a lot of shit. I mean, look, all of our ship is buried, and there's a fertilizer. That's all fucking horseshit fertilizer. They just putting the end of the ground and make the ground real. You know, the soil and ship nutrient and when you bag, if you go to home depot right now, you'll buy a bag of fertilizer. That's just shiit, bro. So yeah, I mean, you know mushrooms, this ship for sure, you gotta give a shot for you. Like, have you ever tried to get off a lean? Yeah? Is it tough? Yeah? I heard it tastes good. I've never did. Tell I heard like I had like a homie who was like he was like real bloated dude, right, drank lean every fucking day. Finally got off. It took him a long time. Within like six months, he looked like a new human being because he got rid of that lean gut. See, I got a lean gut without drinking lean. That's a problem. Nah, just fucking I'm just white and old, bro. It's called being a father at thirty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They said, when you get that bit at thirty you can't get that more fucker out.
Speaker 2: I've been trying, I said, don't come on, you ain't lying, bro, I've been trying. Bro, I'm thirty six and I'm still fucking the gut. Is just I'm not like a fat dude.
Speaker 1: I won't get a right again.
Speaker 2: I ain't fucking Batman kevo bro. I ain't getting no gut mn BBL. I can't do that. Would you get a BBL like a fake six pack? M nah nah, you wouldn't. I respect that.
Speaker 1: I ain't not wrong with it.
Speaker 2: Whatever makes you happy, right if you're getting a six pack? Makes you happy? If you're getting you know what I said? Whatever you're into whatever, If it helps your self esteem, if it helps you feel happier when you wake up, Damn you gotta do it. Who do you think you have the best chemistry with when it comes to working with another artist? Like? Who do you think you're? Just like? You guys are just a bat in one thousand percent. You just love the chemistry. Y'all got in the studio.
Speaker 1: Together on the record, rid a cup, A couple of people, mm cap baby trench running poll.
Speaker 2: Yaddy yady. Huh what's the yachty studio? Sessh like because he's hilarious. I've been watching. I just watched his podcast. Did you see his podcast he did with Sexy Red?
Speaker 1: I ain't see that.
Speaker 2: It was so fun.
Speaker 1: I seen I seen clip fun.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just saw the I saw two clips. I saw uh. I saw the one that dropped today. She was her baby, she could her babydaddy was calling from prison, and then little Yachty interviewed him. Oh yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: That's not all right?
Speaker 2: So you what is it? What is it like recording with baby? Because I was talking to Eve J. Cole's guy. He was giving me some insight on when he hopped on cold ship, like how just like he's like an alien, Like he's so good. You know what I'm saying. Is it like that being in the studio with hwhere he's just like this is this ship? Is crazy? Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he good? Great, he re styled first, then you go in there.
Speaker 2: And clean it up. That shit's crazy because most people like you said, you'll do the fucking yo humm to like really go in and.
Speaker 1: Just here for he versus. He didn't batter on raps versus and you'll see what's one key?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Peace is like might he might grab one from the one from ever? But yeah, he just recorded out little one song, So six.
Speaker 2: Verses for one record and then his favorite parts for me first and then we got the superverse. Oh that shit is crazy. I've never heard nobody doing that.
Speaker 1: You'd be doing that here?
Speaker 2: So that shit wild.
Speaker 1: He might play your song, he might play you that song again, different, play up again, three different verses and.
Speaker 2: They only use one of them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That shit crazy. Are you going to do a deluxe for your project?
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm gonna do it another tape like three months in three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, soon come out to Oh you ain't playing, Yeah, you ain't playing. Hey, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at odd Socks, Baby, shout out to odd Socks man, the most comfortable socks in the world. Listen, they got all the licenses. If you love chips, you know what I'm saying. They got the Funians, they got the goddamn Dorito's, uh they got Godfather. What's double about odd Socks is not only is it the most comfortable sock in the world that you could put on your feet, they also just introduce their draws. That's right. We got odd Socks Basics underwear right here, which are amazing. So if you if you just like that clean cut, you know, we got the black ones, or if you're a fan of a little bit of the uh reesis you know what I'm saying. Look, go to odd Socksofficial dot com Right now, use that promo code Bootleg and you'll save twenty percent off at checkout. The most comfortable socks in the world. They got the basics. These are a pair of the basics. These are They're just so comfortable, dude. Like, trust me when I say, all right, if you're into wrestling, if you're in the Transformers Power Rangers, got damn Pepsi coke. They got both, you know what I'm saying. Shout out to odd Socks odd Socksofficial dot com. Use that promo code bootleg, save twenty percent off at checkout. Also got a shout out to the family at Blue Chew. That's right hot as hell outside. What does that have to do with Blue Shoe. I haven't decided yet, but I do know if you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction or maybe you're thanging like it should be thanging, you know what I'm saying, get that Blue Choo same active ingredient as Viagra and sialis. Yes, all right, but it's getting straight to your door in a very discreete package. No doctor's appointments, no doctor's visits, all right, it's all online Blue Choo dot com. All right, and this was dope about blue Choo one. It makes your dick work like it's never worked before. We're just being honest. Imagine like Barry Bond's seventy one home run season, but the dick form, that's how you're gonna be feeling when you're on these Blue choos. All right. Trust me when I say it's a chewable form. They just drop their mint chewables as well. There's so much to go down with a blue Choo dot Com. Use that promo code bootleg and they'll send you your first month for free. Yes, you're asking me, does blue Choo work? Of course it does. Find out for yourself for free bluecho dot Com promo code Bootleg. All right, go get you a month of blue Choo for free and thank me. Later. Your wife will be thinking me, your girl thinking me, Your dick will be thinking me. You know what I mean. All right, let's get back to the interview. Is it easy to record on the road or not? You just focused on performing? It's like hard you doing the bus bus do now we're going to studio? Yeah? Well then yeah, well that's what we've been.
Speaker 1: Having, like breaks out just every day, right, So we everywhere we go. We booked studio every city. Yeah, you still gotta record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the uh that's the only thing that was like you're like a random city, like I don't know if the studios fire, I don't know who the is gonna be there? All right, I know what security is like now.
Speaker 1: We would it would just bs we like, book the whole studio.
Speaker 2: Take the whole building. Yeah, that's how you gotta do it. Yeah, Yo, what it's for you? Man? What's next for you? Do you? Can you see yourself ever acting? Can you see yourself ever having like your own imprint where you're signing an artist like what I'm I'm gonna start saying some artists? That's something you want to do. Is there anything you've learned from baby being like a CEO that you would apply to your own ship? Yeah, I'm just learning where we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd be on a lot of stuff though, Yeah, as he's still learning to Is.
Speaker 2: It important for you to try to find artists from Alabama or you down to sign someone from wherever?
Speaker 1: From will?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well for sure Alabama?
Speaker 2: Though you got to put on Man, what is the food like in mobile? Like, what's the food spot there?
Speaker 1: Like, yes, good as food?
Speaker 2: Is it like soul food or what? What what we eat? So if we pull up, where are you taking me? Bro?
Speaker 1: Taking your hearts? Chicken?
Speaker 2: Hearts chicken?
Speaker 1: Taking you out of food sacklists? What's some take to that? Godfathers? If you like pizza, love pizza, I'm trying to thanks.
Speaker 2: So we got yeah, do y'all alligator over there?
Speaker 1: Alligator?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Have you had alligator? Yeah? That ship's fire frog. I haven't had a frog. I got a friend. We just went somewhere and you go to frog legs like chicken ves. Yeah. I can't do it when I think yeah, but but the difference it was like nuggets. So it was like a breaded alligator nugget.
Speaker 1: Now, but I can eat it then like that, I can't eat it.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, I don't. I don't like to me the frog thing. You see the frog legs and you're like, man, that's a fucking leg.
Speaker 1: Nah, But it looked like a chicken though.
Speaker 2: See if I know it's a frog, I ain't fucking with that, but you know it's a chicken. But I see, I'm my society is desensitized me. It made me okay with eating a chicken, right, but a frog like a frog could be my homie, you know what I mean. I got a pet frog as a kid, kept on my frog. Oh really, I had a pet frog named fat Joe.
Speaker 1: I think my ship.
Speaker 2: Now thet TJ that did because you're taking care of frog is tough for people. Don't notice fucking cage can smell. Did you have a turtle though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had a turtle. Ain't lighting turtle though. I had a turtle on the board and the frog is lit and that's a baby. Oh really, I was like little Yeah, what did you feed it?
Speaker 1: Like crickets and drip? I ain't feeding that's probably white die. Now they killed my killing my frog at daycare. I ain't putting a hole in the top.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he probably died from starvation and from.
Speaker 1: He probably both of them and Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Jimmy the frog. See, I see that's why I can't eat a frog.
Speaker 1: You can't eat Jimmy.
Speaker 2: You can't eat Jimmy. I don't have a pet fucking cow bro. I need a burger, you know what I'm saying. No, but the alligator nuggets. If you ever go to Houston, go to Papa Does and they got alligator nuggets. Them ships are amazing. I'm trolling, not bading. I've never tried. You know what. Another thing that I tried that I didn't see it and I was striking eating. No, not squirrel. That's some Alabama ship for sure. Uh rattlesnake. Nah, I didn't know it was. And then I ate it and I was like, what was that chicken? That is different? Now, like that's a snake, I said, a rattlesnake. Bro, they be serving that ship. You had a squirrel?
Speaker 1: N I ain't had no squirrel, but I know ful eat squirrels.
Speaker 2: Do they eat that ship in Alabama?
Speaker 1: Some fuck my eat squirrel?
Speaker 2: I heard some squirrel for Did you see the Alabama fight that happened on the on the pan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody sent me the other day.
Speaker 2: This is one of the craziest fights we've ever captured on video on American History and it happened in your home state. Yeah, Montgomery, how far is that from you?
Speaker 1: That two thirty minute?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sh it's insane. The chair man, that chair, the chair is gonna live in in for me forever.
Speaker 1: They gonna yeah, yeah, the chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah that My guy was out there like fucking like mankind bro in ninety eight. Wwe just cracking fools with the chair bro. You l what's your what's your face? Great song on Ben one. Mm hmm, there's a change.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I changed. I like Taylorport Jenkin and uh Taylor Port Jenkin and oh free game my son.
Speaker 2: Okay, free Yo. What I love about you is that like you're bringing back like you're doing like dope R and B records, like because you have records that are like very reminiscent, like we were talking about earlier, like to just like when I was growing up, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like a lot of a lot of male artists for whatever reason right now just eight applying themselves into making records like that anymore, Like a lot of Russian is happening. A lot of just half assed hooks just going with trying to give that there. And you're like putting out records or I'm like, oh, this is like this is a record rack, right like like for you, like, how do you feel about that the music industry right now, because it feels like the women are kind of running shit low key, you know what I'm saying. They're killing it, and I always say they're making records. They're like making records catch you as songs like, but.
Speaker 1: The women they for show running the game right now.
Speaker 2: They show running. Yeah, it's kind of crazy for you though, Like do you want to be that guy because I think back to like fifty always has them, like he has some gangster ship, but also have that ship for you, like for the ladies, for the Is that something you want to make sure you always.
Speaker 1: You always gotta make some for the female Yeah? I always got to.
Speaker 2: How's how's your female fan base? Pretty? Pretty crazy? It's super crazy, man. You must see some wild dms. Do you watch it? Like? Are your dms just fucking flooded NonStop? Heah?
Speaker 1: So yeah, damn some crazy head.
Speaker 2: For you. You get to cate more crazy DM like what though, like just random nudes not of your net like shit.
Speaker 1: Like folks just say some crazy said, can I perform? Can I come perform for his baby? His baby six month year? He's I just need to put her to sleep. She live your Can you come perform for her? He would see her though he.
Speaker 2: Was dead ass serious. Did you reply? Yeah, Like imagine hitting up someone like you and being like hey man, I just need you to come to my living room and like my daughter is six months old. I can't even speak. I just need you to perform for her. This is a serious. I have zero money for you. Do me that solid signed Jimbo from Montgomery, Alabama. No, no, would you do? Like, like, have you done any of these crazy private parties yet where like you fucking you'll get paid like three or four or five times as much as you usually get paid, but your perform for like you know, I mean, dude, I went to the Fanatics party in Vegas with a baby and that.
Speaker 1: Shoe was insane?
Speaker 2: Have you done any of that kind of ship like any of the did want to? But I ain't doing a tour started It wasn't that or something like that. What about like a like a football players bar mitzvah or anything you gotta do bar mitzvahs.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It's like a Jewish boy's birthday. Yeah, so then bar mitt that bar mits for money is serious. Uh so you say we're getting another project in three months? For sure? For sure you're slowing down, man, Yeah, so to tours over and you're getting right back to it. Yeah, then I'm going on to your own tour.
Speaker 1: I'm onto it. I'm going on my own tour.
Speaker 2: After who you taking on tour with you?
Speaker 1: What I got to see? I ain't even figured out it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I got to see anybody from Alabama? Maybe? Yeah? Yeah, I think I think you should go in a little vacation first, get off tour, go to go vacation somewhere. Bro, Like take a week to yourself. You gotta you gotta rest a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be on it. You gotta got to be consistent.
Speaker 2: Have you been on vacation yet?
Speaker 1: Vacation?
Speaker 2: Like have you like, like where'd you?
Speaker 1: I ain't up being that kind of vacation.
Speaker 2: You never been to like Kancon or like Tuloom or Paris? No, I want to go to You want to go to Paris?
Speaker 1: London?
Speaker 2: London is cool, but like I feel like if you went to London you wouldn't really relax. Why is it? Because London is lit? Bro, it's like going to New York. That's when people say yeah, But it's like imagine saying you went on vacation in New York.
Speaker 1: You're different.
Speaker 2: I just want to go to Yeah, you want to go to London? If you want, you need to go somewhere, or you could just sit on the beach and get fucked up.
Speaker 1: With the shi Somewhere you gotta go, but they gotta you get that you flattered in the drave you on the boat to the island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just sounds like a bunch of places. But yes, Bali, it might be that's what you had to go to. That might be Relax, take a lady friend, chill walk, go by yourself, go get sucked up, get fat, eat a bunch of food you shouldn't eat, then get back to the grind. One man, Hey man, anything else coming up for you? Obviously? How many more dats are on the tour?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Twenty more, got a lot more touring left to do. Album is out, new album on the way. Hey, would you and No Cap ever do a joint album?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We did one, but we got a knowle we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know you guys do one? Hey we're doing Yeah, we're doing Roger you guys? Would you guys would running back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna do What.
Speaker 2: About what you? Who is there an R and B artist? You would ever do a whole album with like some like best of both worlds j Z R. Kelly type ship. Yeah, Yeah, it's a couple. It's a lot of for that dude, like R M B with who's your favorite RB artists? Want to give me a couple of names. I want you to take one and then you know, piss somebody off and she will shout out to her. That would be a tough collab project. Shanty um. Great to see her and Nelly back together. Brent. Good for him, a young a young blue heart, young blue yeppart keep a home team. What theere it is? Man? Look, go get the new album. There's lots of records on it, going crazy being one. Go go check this guy out on tour with Baby. It's going crazy all over the country. Appreciate your time, Brian. You don't do a lot of interviews, so I appreciate you pulling up today. Ryler Rodriguez my guy Boom. Hey, what up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You just watched another episode of the blueleg Cap podcast brought to you by Hardan Baby. Shout out to the family at Hard Dean. Don't forget. Make sure if you're in Las Vegas you get into that taxi as soon as you land to get into that uber say take me to Harden, all right, they gonna take get you. Taken care of the most craziest premium selection of cannabis you'll ever find. Under one roof. It's a vibe in there. The butt tenders, they gonna take care of you. Man, Listen, tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you right. Shout out to the family at Hardean in Las Vegas, the number one dispensary in the world, all right, and we are so proud to be partners with them, So shout out to Harden. Go follow them online, Harden Underscore Las Vegas and check out their website Hardinlasvegas dot com. Get you some swag. You know you can't buy this, but you know, yeah, Shout out to Harden.