Speaker 1: When there we go. Hi, Hi, quick one today Andrew, welcome to bowl. Chat's Wednesday. Okay, we do this on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's when nest day. I call it Wednesday. All right, it's so, what's today November? What?
Speaker 2: Now it's a fourth Wait? No, it's not today's seventeenth. Yeah wow, Yeah, I jumped the gun, as they.
Speaker 1: Say you did. Because next week is our oh my god, discussing disgusting dinner party. So we have everything all lined up. I've already got the crackers. I've got the cheese, I've got the chef Boyard Dy want to try a soda cracker? No, you'll do it next week. That's what this is all about. I found my ambrosia recipe. I'm very excited. I got to make an ambrosia. I have the black licorice on order. Now I'm just waiting on whatever. The next chosen side dish was that our listeners chose. We had lots of entries. We had suck atash, which I love. So I don't think we should do that. You think it's disgusting and I could fake that. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: The number one everyone keeps saying is sardines, and we're both very much not a fan of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I mean, yes, we're sinking. We're supposed to not like it. But that's the thing that's going to smell. It's going to stink the whole studio and I'm just going to gag from the smell. And that's not what this is about.
Speaker 2: Oh hold on, please get here, we go, Here we go?
Speaker 1: Should I just stop it? Should I stop it? Okay, So we've gotten a lot of suggestions. I didn't see a whole ton of them. I did respond to a few of them. Again, suck atash eh whatever. Somebody said, vanna sausages, I think I don't know. Aren't those just like the little meat things that are in a baby food jar? I never really understood that. Somebody said pigs feet. I don't think I'm going to do that. Somebody said the chickens feet, which I don't understand those. I've seen them in the supermarket, and I don't know what people use them for. If sometimes if you go in the meat section back by like where the butcher is, there's a package of chicken feet with the claws and everything, and maybe people use them to make soup with or chicken stock, or perhaps they have some sort of flavor that they boil into stuff. Because I don't think that you're supposed to eat those because it's basically bones and skin and claws. I don't even think you're supposed to give those to your dog because they would probably choke on them. So yeah, I don't think we'll be doing that. There were a few other discussing suggestions. I think what we're gonna do is we're gonna put up a pole of the three most voted on or the most suggested suggestions, if that makes sense, and we'll choose from those three. So, oh, here comes Andrew, he's back. I was just saying that, well, we'll choose from the top three suggestions, and well, we'll have a pole up and we'll pick from that. Oh that's exciting because people were saying stuff like green beans and lime of beans, and I like all that stuff. Let me tell you something, lime of beans is one of the most underrated vegetables. I love live They got to be the baby lima beans, the big giant ones. Eh, but I love liabe. Even the butter beans are good to have. You ever had butter beans They're like big giant white lima beans. I think I did in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, possibly, and they were really good. It wasn't a nice sauce. But let me tell you something. Sometimes the canned green beans, I'm okay with it. It has a very particular taste that I'm not always a fan of.
Speaker 1: I'm a strange person, as you may know. And there are times where I'll just pop the top on a can of vegetables and just eat them out of the can. I'll do it with string beans. No, I'll do it with mixed vegetables. No, ill, Oh my god. Corn. If we're having canned corn for dinner, I'll usually eat the entire can of corn before even heat it up, and I'll have to make a new one.
Speaker 2: I am begging you, what please?
Speaker 1: What end this convo? How about frozen? Oh wait a second, I was supposed to try to find the B and M canned bread right? Oh yeah, it wasn't that a thing? Yeah that was a thing. All right, I'm gonna but we still need another side from a listener. But I'm gonna try to find the bread. But no, I just don't like the juices.
Speaker 2: You just like that's the thing that disgusts me, Like you just drain it, So you drain it and then just eat them out the can.
Speaker 1: No, I eat them out of the can. If I'm just eating them out of the can, you don't have to drain it if you're just eating it out of the can, sir. How about frozen vegetables, I'll cut the bag open and just eat a handful of frozen carrots or peas. Frozen peas are my favorite. I love frozen peas. That's another thing I'll eat in the can. You get the silver can of the sore peas, and I'll just drink that can of pease. I love them. They're so sweet and little. The juice, I don't know. I'll drain that. I don't drink the juice, please, I can't have the vegetable juice, Oh God, because it's just basically water that it's packed in it. I don't mind eating the vegetable. I just like it cooked. Something about once it's cooked. This is fine, FYI. It's cooked. It's just not heated. I know. I just don't want it when it's in the juices. What if I strained it and then it was just room temperature no, okay, So what if I heat it up a can of corn, but then it got room temperature because you didn't eat it yet, then is it okay? Different?
Speaker 2: It makes me think that it was cooked yours. I'm just literally picking, like I'm just picturing the top coming off and just that'sugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that vacuum seal sound.
Speaker 2: With garbonzo beans because chickpeas well whatever, the same thing, okay, whatever, but I put those in my salad right out the can.
Speaker 1: That just has two names. That's one of those things that has two names. Garbanzo and chickpeas, same thing. Yep. Interesting. I do not like pine nuts or pinoli, same thing, I think right what it was such a segue.
Speaker 2: We're talking about beans, and all of a sudden you're like.
Speaker 1: And I do not like pine nuts, I don't, okay. Or capers, stupid capers. Oh capers are the worst. I guess we're gonna have to have that.
Speaker 2: No capers. No capers are legit the worst. I got them in my salad ones. I know we bitched about this before, and they're salty af Yeah, no thanks.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing with sardines. That's why I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: No, it tastes like fish. That's what I don't want to do with something.
Speaker 1: Well, it is fish. When I was a kid, my mom used to have me buy her Kansas sardines. I didn't understand, like, I bought sardines so long ago that they used to have a key on it. You know, the cans used to come with a key, so you could open it on top of the can that was like a metal thing and you would stick it in and roll the can back. That's how you opened sardines. There might still be I've seen that. I feel like I've seen the cartoons. Yeah, there might still be some old timey companies that make it like that. But I used to I remember buying it like that. And then my mom would always say, do you know that roller skates used to have a key too? And I'd be like what, But yeah, you used because back in the day and like the forties and fifties, the roller skates were just a thing that just like went onto your sneaker and you would have a skate key that would like tighten it so safe, that would tighten.
Speaker 2: It or something like that that seems really safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, hey, they didn't invent stuff yet, Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: I mean air bags were only invented like five years prior to.
Speaker 1: That, So prior to what roller skates.
Speaker 2: While you're saying the nineteen forties, air bags were only like an invention put in cars.
Speaker 1: In the eighties. Wait what Yeah, eighties were airbags? Yes, holy crazy, and they didn't really become standard until the ninety belts. I was thinking about seat belts, Yeah, Andy, very different. Yeah, but airbags were in the eighties. That's when they started coming to I'm sure they were around in the late seventies, but you didn't really hear about airbags with the dummies, the crash test dummies and all the PSA's and stuff until the eighties. That's absurd. Yeah, and that was a while where they were they were options. Now they're I mean, they're standard in cars. You have to have airbags. But my dad actually has some cars from the early nineteen hundreds that have no seat belts and it's crazy. And while it's perfectly legal, it's very dangerous.
Speaker 2: There's one thing that they are now going to put in cars, and I feel it needs to be said because it's in the build back Better plan that was just passed. Yeah, and this is a little it's a little scary.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: So now what they want to do is, yes, it's one of the mandates. Along with a burst of new spending, the trunk.
Speaker 1: Safety, the drunk thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, one trillion infrastructure. Under the legislation, monitoring systems to stop intoxicated drivers would roll out in all new vehicles as early as twenty twenty six. It would install millions of vehicles and automakers, giving them time to comply.
Speaker 1: In Layman's terms, apparently this device kind of recognizes if your eyes are wandering or something like that. Yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Picturing almost like a mini breath all.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's court ordered if you are a drunker drunkard. But no, this thing is like it's some kind of sensor that if your eyes are not like focusing on the road and they're like wandering or something like that, it gives you a warning or something and then yeah, then you get reported. It called. It is in a Volvo. I think it starts in the volvos they have it.
Speaker 2: Don't know how I feel about this technology.
Speaker 1: Watch me all you want, I don't care. I want to be safe. I guess I.
Speaker 2: Agree with that, but I don't necessarily understand, like, if we're so close to just getting automatic self driving cars and just do that step at this point, if I'm getting watched while I'm driving, just make the car drive itself.
Speaker 1: I don't care anymore. Well, you know what should happen is it should kick into that mode if it realizes that you're not paying attention. Because my car, which scared the hell out of me jammed on the brakes for me the other days, does that. I didn't even know that was a thing. I know that it steers for me sometimes, like it will. It has lane assist. Yeah, so if I start drifting into the other lane, like they say, it gently glides you back, but it does no, gentle, No, It's like, but no, what just happened? Yeah? And you feel it fighting the steering wheel while while you're you know, if you change lanes and you don't signal, it fights you because it thinks you're going over the line. Yeah no, I mind beeps.
Speaker 2: It's like baby baby, right, But I I but it stops too, like if I don't stop in time, it like all of a sudden on my little monitor goes stop.
Speaker 1: I didn't know my car did that and I got too close to somebody that was turning, but I knew I was going to clear it, but they took too long to term and it was like, oh, yeah, which is my kids. I didn't do that. I swear the car did it. Yeah, you know, like, dad, why are you jamming on the brakes? I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm loving that because eventually, like in the next ten years, it's going to be all electronic vehicles coming out, or electric vehicles. Sorry there bringing back old retro designs. I think that is so cool, like car designs. Yes, so they're bringing back retro car designs because ultimately, when they make these electric vehicles, you don't need to have the amount of stuff that you currently have in a car, so they can go back to retro designs that maybe we're a little boxier or more interesting because they don't need to be like aerodynamic to save gas mileage.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's really cool. That's interesting. I didn't see that. Yeah, I actually just learned that the other day. That's why basically all SUVs look.
Speaker 2: The same, all trucks look the same, and everybody is doing the same type of pattern because they have to be aerodynamics so it can save you gas exactly, but with an electric car doesn't matter. Okay, So I think that's going to be a really cool, weird future where it's like, oh, is that an old car. No, it's a new car, but with the guts rip. They've done that with a couple of models, like the Broncos. Yeah, but that doesn't look like the old Ronco. No, they completely different.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: So they made a classic Bronc go. They only have a certain number of them, and they brought that back and I think it's all electric on the inside.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, I'm telling you it's gonna be really cool thing. I would like it an electric car. I want one so bad. I just get so nervous that it will run out of charge while I'm driving because there's always traffic. You know, you only get a certain amount of miles, and I'm just scared that it would run out. No.
Speaker 2: So again, with this infrastructure plan, there is so much money that is. My dad actually said this couple years ago because I was like, I want a Tesla. He's like, don't get a tesla now, he said, in the next ten years. And he's been right so far. The amount of charging stations are going to go up insane. And you look at it now, you go to malls, what did you see so many Tesla charging stations. You go to hospitals, there's Tesla charging stations. In Jersey City, there's so many charging stations.
Speaker 1: Kind of like cemeteries. Though eventually you're going to run out of room for chargers.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is, they can really kind of just be anywhere.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you something, what Maybe this is a silly question, but why can't electric cars be recharged by the sun? Why can't they be solar panels on the roof of cars and let that be like emergency backup charging.
Speaker 2: That I have no idea, And I'm gonna one up you on the dumb.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was dumb, No mine is dumb.
Speaker 2: I thought Prius is for the longest time, we're solar powered, and that's why the hatchback on it. I always thought that was solar panels. Oh, and then I found out it wasn't. That's not what a hybrid is.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but yeah it could. A hybrid could be because hybrid just means that he uses two different kinds of energy. True.
Speaker 2: And for a second, they were using corn oil, remember when that was the thing.
Speaker 1: That time when I lived in Iowa, because they put corn in their gas a lot. It's called something canola No no, no, no, it's a percentage. I think they do it all around the country, but in Iowa they use they used a lot of corn in the gasoline. There.
Speaker 2: Wow, yep, Well there's the Iowa mentioned, just saying, well, I really want an electric vehicle. They're going to become way cheaper. They already are really cheap, Like Moss is coming out with a new one.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 2: In the next five years, you're going to see a ton of new electric vehicles coming out.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. So I don't really know. I don't know like how it works. Yeah, but what I guess I should just ask somebody that has an electric vehicle, like, how much does it make your electric bill go up? Because yes, you're not paying for gas, but you are constantly charging this battery. No.
Speaker 2: So the thing is you can go longer distances. So it's kind of like which is a good thing and a bad thing. Because again, for someone like me, I enjoy doing like a road.
Speaker 1: Trip, say to Ohio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seven hour trip, I might have to make two stops and the stop would be at least thirty minutes. For someone like me who hates stopping on road trips with like a deep passion, me too, it would not be convenient for me. However, if they make one with a bigger battery or something, maybe I could make it there.
Speaker 1: But you don't like stopping for like, if you have to go to the bathroom, just pee on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: Or I will stop if you want to go to the bathroom, but do not waste my time with.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're at the food court. Should we eat? No, we shouldn't eat. You should have gotten snacks. I have to tell you, I was like that when I was younger, but now with a family, I like stopping at restaurants and you know, for a half hour, forty five minutes or whatever, you know, a little waffle house whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, electric vehicles might be for you then, because that's what it's going to be, but you also have to pay for this. I also thought it was free to charge, which like, why would I ever think that? That's also really stupid.
Speaker 1: It is for some some vehicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get like a pass almost depending on what charging station, but like fifteen twenty bucks to charge it up.
Speaker 1: So that's no different than filling your tank. I mean it's cheaper, yeah, I guess depending on how far you can go on it. Yeah, and it takes a little longer.
Speaker 2: So they're probably gonna come out with like faster chargings in the next couple of years, and it's going to be bigger batteries.
Speaker 1: Can we call elon Musk and like pitch my solar idea? I would.
Speaker 2: I've always had this idea for solar. I think you know how they have roofing tiles.
Speaker 1: Yes, why don't they just.
Speaker 2: Put like something that could condense, like get solar on the roof that like feeds it through, but put it inside. What the what the roofing tile is made out of?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry in a car? No, I'm talking about for powering homes. Oh well, those solar panels are getting thinner and more nondescript. Yeah, because those things they are like most people have those giant, ugly ones, but I've seen ones that look they're thin like a pool cover, you know. And yeah, there are thinner ones now, but again I don't know the whole thing. Some companies, most of those companies that are out there giant scammers. There are obviously some that are legit, you know, but some companies you have to rent them, some you have to buy the system, some you have to pay back this, and so I don't I wish I could get a straight answer and whether it's really worth it to figure.
Speaker 2: Out who we could get on the show that's like an electric expert. I would love to talk to somebody who's an expert in this.
Speaker 1: I just I feel like I need someone that just won't yank our chain, you know, like, even if I were to do it on my house, I'm not just going to call a random, random company. I want somebody that I know and trust. I just don't we get I don't get.
Speaker 2: It on my email, I get random like, oh, don't you want to interview this person. I'm going to see if there's one that's like talks about the electronic things and then could come speak to us about it.
Speaker 1: Because they probably own a solar company and they want to push their crap on us. You know, it needs to be it needs to be an expert on solar panels. Well, but I'll look for that specific kind of you know what, why don't we get somebody from Consumer Reports because they're true the emails I get from Oh, because they're neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I check that because I feel like I have so many questions.
Speaker 1: You know, I used to get consumer reports when I was a kid. I don't know why, but I had a subscription. I had a subscription to Consumer Reports and Popular Mechanics. I don't know why. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I had Nickelodeon magazine.
Speaker 1: I had kids stuff also, but I just I don't know why I had those two. I mean, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Makes me sad, because kids nowadays don't do magazine subscriptions. No, Like that would make me so happy. I remember getting them from my birthday.
Speaker 1: It would be like, oh, you have a year subscription to Nick magazine. I did order what is that, damn it? Highlights? I ordered Highlights first. I had highlights. Actually and Trooper both had highlights when they were a little but they were They would come and they'd like, peel off a sticker and then do nothing else. So it was kind of a waste. But I like I like finding the little umbrella and the stuff in the picture. I like the hidden I like the hidden picture.
Speaker 2: One Highlights magazines always remind me of doctor's offices. Yeah, where it's like, oh hey, this one looks new. Oh it's from nineteen ninety six, right.
Speaker 1: And then they had the Sweet Pickles bus Sweet Pickles. I think we mentioned this also once a long time ago, but you don't remember Sweet Pickles. Sweet Pickles is great.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: No, it had mother Goose and they had all these books and if you saw them in the doctor's office, they had little tear out cards in the middle where you could order Sweet Pickles stuff. Oh. It was a commercial in the eighties where the Sweet Pickles van would come down the road and the kid would get so excited and the goose and the all the things.
Speaker 2: No, man, yeah, okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Were you a child, I was you know Richard Scary?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, of course, the crazy world of Richard Scary with the apple and the worm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big fat book that had all the other books in it. They.
Speaker 2: I loved that show. It was on Nick Junior.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was a show. It was a book. To me. They had McDonald's toys for well, I mean that's more recent, like in the seventies it was books.
Speaker 2: Well, for me, it was a show, okay, and it was great. Little Bear was also a show. I loved Little Bear. That was legit one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Little Bear. Little Bear was so good.
Speaker 2: It's such a calming show, like sometimes I'll even put it on now it's on Amazon Prime and it's so just like calming. I know it's a kids show, but the music, the bears talking to each other, they have little British accidents.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, it's soon noise. I at Berenstein Bears. Were you into them? I had the books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're coming out with an animated movie, Little Golden Books. I had a lot of Little Golden Books.
Speaker 1: The monster at the end of this book was always my favorite. I do you have that one?
Speaker 2: I buy from your recommendation. I bought that for my godchild. I bought that for Tiana Grover.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was always trying to get you to not turn the page. Yeah, and then you finally got to the end of the book and nothing happened. I read that to Tiana. It was great.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, Little Golden Books is getting a little carried away though, because now they've licensed stuff with all these movie companies where it's like the Avengers a little golden book. You can't make that a kid's book. Then the Avengers came to the rescue. Look at the aliens. They killed all these people. Then the Avengers came.
Speaker 1: That's really a little golden book.
Speaker 2: Yes, they have Marvel movies condensed into little golden books.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, what's next? Seven?
Speaker 2: He asked what was in the box?
Speaker 1: It was his wife's head. Do you know that on the back of cereal boxes. When I was a kid, that used to be records. Like you, they were literally printed on the back of the box. You would cut it out and there were ridges and you would put it. You would put it on a record player with a penny on it or a quarter to hold it down. Sometimes it was inside the boxes. Sometimes it was actually on the box and you would cut it out.
Speaker 2: Ooh, yeah, it's a really cool it is and it would.
Speaker 1: Play like messages or songs or whatever. Well.
Speaker 2: I remember when I used to subscribe to PlayStation magazine. They would give you a free demo disc and they let you try like five games at a time.
Speaker 1: And now, to think back, a floppy, what was that on a floppy? No, it was a PlayStation so it's a disc. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: And now to think that they would ever give you a demo of anything without paying, that would never happen right now.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how it used to be with you're probably just a little bit too young. But every place that you would go, you know, in the nineties, there would be a box of discs at AOL, discs at the register that you could take to sign up for AOL. Yeah, there were thousands of them, and then they were DVDs or CD ROMs, whatever the hell it was, and then it went away.
Speaker 2: I actually have that in my parents' house because that we've been there since nineteen ninety nine and when we moved from our old house, pretty much the desk that was in that room we packed it up and just sent it. That console has every AOL trial disc CD you could possibly think of.
Speaker 1: Every company had the discs. Yeah, Like you would go anywhere and it would be a disc because that's the only we could load it. You couldn't download it off the web back then. The starter thing was always on a disc or a cdrom. Ugh, dial up Internet. What a tragedy that was. Well, you know what, it was cool for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was because immediately you could get online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it would take pictures like seventeen minutes to load. It would be like dud dude. It never went faster, right, Like, nothing could make it go faster. I mean, as as as the dial up got faster, whatever the speed was, the bit rate, what the hell is it called, I don't know whatever it is. Whenever that got faster, then it would go faster. Our. By the time, like toward the end of like dial up our AOL was pretty quick, you could doubt and things were like popping up pretty fast. Yeah. I think it depended on your motem speed or whatever.
Speaker 2: I had an AOL kids page what so AOL like you would have profiles, So my profile was catered towards children.
Speaker 1: Oh like under thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was no nudity, no nudity.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm sure something slipped through the cracks though, some creepy fifty year old guy in the chat room asl.
Speaker 2: No. I never was in the chat rooms, never, never, never never.
Speaker 1: You know, that's where Scary met his girlfriend. Wow? Yeah, an AIM chat room. Guess what, that's where we all met Scary's girlfriend back in the nineties. Oh wow, yeah, that's cool. Good times. Yeah, how would you find? So?
Speaker 2: Would you just like go to events and just be like, hey, follow me on aim.
Speaker 1: See I was never in No, I would just go into like chat rooms. It would be like Long Island singles and that seems safe. Yeah, and well I don't know. And people you would it would always asl HX location, you know, so you would just put you know, mail twenty Long Island whatever, and you know, I never met anybody off of it. What was your first user name? I can tell you mine my very first. I don't know my very first one is, but I still have one that I've used for twenty five years wow or twenty? Yeah? Yeah, what was it? Andy? I know what yours is. Well, my first one I think was Z one hundred Scott. Of course that was my very first one.
Speaker 2: Mine was a Bart boy seven twenty.
Speaker 1: To eat my shorts man.
Speaker 2: I loved Bart. I was a boy. And then for some reason I went with my friend Justin's birthday. What was the number seven, twenty seven twenty that.
Speaker 1: Was his birthday? Why didn't I do four thirty for mine? I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then I had another one which was Pug, a lug pug a lug yeah for dog. Uh yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: See, most of mine are still in use, so I'm not going to say them.
Speaker 2: Oh, but yeah, I'm not. I haven't used bart Boy seven twenty for quite some time.
Speaker 1: That's the thing though, when you when you have an email address for such a long time and you have so many things associated with it. That's why I can't get rid of mine. Yeah, Like people will say, what's your email address blah blah blah blah at AOL dot com. I said, please, don't laugh. That's just that that's where I have. Everything is signed up under that one email address. Yeah, and that's where I get everything. So I just I can't change it at this point, So I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my parents had optim online emails for the longest time, and now I feel like everyone's just on Gmail, which makes everything easier.
Speaker 1: My personals are still AOL. I don't care. Wow, yeah, big deal still works. I'm for now. I'm pretty sure I have a Yahoo and I have a Gmail. I don't use them, but I have them just in case. You know, that's where I send junk to and free samples. Free samples. Well, if I need you know, if you need another email address to get another free something or a coupon or whatever. I'll just use another like Wayfair. Oh my god. If you want to save temperson off of Wayfair, Oh you go just what I need. You can. They only let you do it for new orders, but to them, a new order is just a different email address. So every single email address I have, I've gotten a tempercent off code.
Speaker 2: Let me say one thing about Wayfair. My friend ordered Casey, who has been on this podcast. She ordered a couch from Wayfair. The couch looked like it was this nice sectional it came and it must have been some dollhouse furniture because it was so small. Two people could not say on the couch at the same time. And this was a sectional that happened to my sister in law as well. She bought something off an ad.
Speaker 1: I think it was a gnome. Was it a gnome or one of the It was a holiday type thing and it looked like it was I don't know, three feet tall, but it was literally three inches tall. It was so small and it was the price of a big one. It was the weirdest thing.
Speaker 2: I think we should do, like a wish shopping spree. We'll each get ten bucks and we'll see what we could spend the ten bucks on on wish dot com, and then we'll present it to each other that Wish is like okay, so something on Amazon that.
Speaker 1: You know is like great? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I want this cup. I go to Amazon. I know I'm going to get this exact cup.
Speaker 1: Wish.
Speaker 2: I might get this cup, but it might also come in pieces for some reason. It's like the knockoff to the knockoff brand, and you can get a lot of things for very little money.
Speaker 1: Is this stuff that's like returned items open box? No idea, It just knockoffs of things. Huh.
Speaker 2: So I think we should each give each other some money and then do a Smith's shopping spring or Christmas Hanukah.
Speaker 1: Spree for ten dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we'll each go on there and we'll each go buy some gifts for each other, and then we'll present it to each other as a future bull Chat episode. All right, Well, but on a and then we would have to make a YouTube thumbnail where it's like.
Speaker 1: Wish shopping spree. Yes, but we have to seriously, though, be serious about our discussing dinner party because that is next week. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: So I'm not ready to eat this cheese on the toast.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm sure to think so. And I'm gonna make a prediction here that ambrosia will be my new favorite dessert.
Speaker 2: Well, you can only go to Senior Citizen homes for it.
Speaker 1: So I did find a recipe, though, I did find a recipe that uses mayo in it. I'm not going I can't see may like mayo but not my dessert.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Well, see, some people consider it a salad, and there are some it's a Southern thing that's where it started, and some people consider it a salad on the side, like a fruit salad.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something from now you serve me mayo this podcast over.
Speaker 1: Well, you wouldn't know. You'll never know. I would.
Speaker 2: Something tells me you're going to go back to your junior high school days where it's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, maybe put some eggs in there. I've never put in rotten eggs in anything. First, I didn't have junior high school. It was middle then high school. There was no junior David, there wasn't I didn't go to junior Did you go to junior high school.
Speaker 2: No, okay, elementary school right, Well, I didn't have a junior high school.
Speaker 1: They did in the seventies and they got rid of it. Now it's just middle school and high school sad, which is debatable because a fifth grader really shouldn't be in middle school with eighth graders. I don't think they should be in the same school. There's such a divide, is a very big difference in a maturity level between a fifth grader and an eighth grader. You know, I just don't think they belong together.
Speaker 2: Well, mine was kindergarten through eighth grade, so we were all in the same school.
Speaker 1: Well he was a private yeah, okay school. Yeah, I was K through four, then five through eight, nine through twelve. Well, the local school by US did K through five? But why would you go to Why would you go to a local school and not one that's really far away? I'm just curious, what do you mean? Well, you said the local school by us, Well why would why wouldn't you go to one like Connecticut? What go on with your story?
Speaker 2: What do you mean why wouldn't I go to Connecticut?
Speaker 1: Scott's being such an asshole.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused. Just go it was the next town over where I would it was close.
Speaker 1: Never mind, go on. I just think it's funny when you say the local deli, the locals the local that because you wouldn't go to one that's like really far away. That's all eh, humor brought to you by Yeah, it's not humor. I'm just pointing something out. Yeah, go on.
Speaker 2: Well, as I was saying, yeah, I don't actually know what I was saying, Yeah, they did K through five and then six through eight, okay, and then there was high school.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what the point of this was, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you were talking about schools and how you don't believe that kids should go to school.
Speaker 1: I didn't say no. But right before that, what were we saying? Ambrosia led us to that somehow, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, because I was saying, you're gonna give me mayo ambrosia and nice to do it in junior high school, right because you're gonna make it like a prank and then I'm gonna be like vomiting.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be like, isn't it funny? I promise you there will be nothing wrong with the ambrosia that I make because I will eat it too.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I don't know because in the last episode of Serial Killers that comes out next Monday, you told me that I wasn't going to be eating you, we were going to eat the stale cereal at the same time.
Speaker 1: Then I'm the idiot eating the stale cereal that tastes like plato. They all you have to look and just see that I didn't pour it for myself. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: When I'm focused on eating, do I have to stare at you while I eat?
Speaker 1: No, But if you want to, you know, make sure all is on the up and up, you would just look over this wa Why would I know? I just trust that you're a good person. But a good person, Andy I am. I just didn't want to eat that crap.
Speaker 2: You gave me Plato apple jacks. That thing was nasty. The marshmallows were shriveled. And I'm telling you that heat the temperature differences in this studio are like horrifying.
Speaker 1: You know that that was from that's from Halloween twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: And in that time, it's been eighty degrees in here, and it's been fifty five degrees in here. So those things have expanded and shrunk. Yeah, and they're like they're not even stale. That's the worst part. Like a stale cereal you could at least say to yourself like, ooh, that's a little too crunchy.
Speaker 1: This is rubbery. Like I can't explain it, but I have to say, if we were trapped on a desert island and all we had was the cereal vault, we would eat it to survive.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god that this studio is connected to another room and a whole hallway, so the chance of this floating off into nowhere.
Speaker 1: Is very slim. Yeah. Well, but thank god we can keep this old, disgusting cereal for you. Anyway. I never did anything with rotten eggs in high school, so I'll just leave it at that. Okay, you know, Okay, we did like smoke grenades and throw them in the hallway, but I never did anything with rotten eggs.
Speaker 2: But you put like disgusting things in people's.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. I stored it in my locker and then we'd go out in the hallways during class and break it in the hallway, and then I would get suspended.
Speaker 2: I don't Everything that you're saying just makes me think that I'm about to eat Mannies next one.
Speaker 1: You're not. I promise you you're not. I bet or not because I don't think it belongs in there. Some recipes have mayonnaise, some recipes have sour cream. Some recipes have like sour cream.
Speaker 2: I've never been a sour cream fan. Really, it's in later years I have grown to like it. In a cheesy Gordia crunch.
Speaker 1: Look at the calendar behind me. Look at the calendar. Have you ever had a loatka? Uh? A potato latka with sour cream? Delicious? What is it? It's a potato pancake. Oh okay, that sounds fun. It's basically a giant flat tater tot, is what it is. Andrew, I love tater tots. Yeah, that's what I say for you. It's a giant French fry. Right, that is correct? And you put You can use sour cream or some people use apple sauce. I like both, not at the same time, but I'll switch off.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Carla Marie Carla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I called her up. My mistake, didn't I.
Speaker 2: Her new name is Carla Marie Carla okay CMC. She's been listening to all of the Serial Killers again. She agreed with me that tater tots are not considered French fries.
Speaker 1: The thing is, we never put that pole up like you said we were going to. So this week we have like six poles going up. Okay, but you say that, but the poles never go up in Well.
Speaker 2: People agreed with me that shorts and a long sleeve shirt was not weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, you only read the ones that agreed with you. Well, there were plenty that was like, I'm with Scotty. Shall we go to the actual Pana posted. It was probably like sixty four to you, Yeah, which is still enough. Okay, so you won. That's fine. I did.
Speaker 2: Then I don't need to show the poll. That's all I wanted. That's all I wanted.
Speaker 1: It's fine, Andrews. Some people are cool with it and some are and you know what everything in life is like that you're not going to find one hundred percent of the people that agree with you or like something or aren't offended by something or whatever.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want to look up a list of things that are universally loved or as close to universally loved as possible.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'll find it like Disney World to me, chocolate chip cookies. I mean, no, I have a nut allergy. I was thinking Disney World also, but I don't. I think there are plenty of people know it's a corporate headquarters. Yeah, that's like yeah, sunshine Andrew, Oh my god, I get sunburned. Look, there is nothing in the world else. There's nothing in this chocolate. Again my nut allergy, but there's no nuts in it. Yes, there is coco. People are allergy to coco. That's not a nut.
Speaker 2: Well, whatever it is, cocoa bean. Well, people can be allergic to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah they can. Sure, That's that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Was it treated in a facility that's close to tree nuts, because that's very possible.
Speaker 1: How about free money from the government. Someone's got to pay for it in the long run. See, there's nothing. There's absolutely nothing. Yeah nothing. I mean that was the COVID check pretty much. Yeah. Well that's the thing. So you can never get everyone to agree with you or whatever. Yeah, and that's fine because if we were all the same, we would just be idiot robots that thought alike, Well, maybe you should make that a children's book Idiot robots, Idiot robots who don't think alike. I'll reach out to Richard Scary and see what you can whip up. I can just see it now.
Speaker 2: This is about the idiot robots with illustrations by me.
Speaker 1: I would just do its stick figures. Sure it'd be great. Why not? I love it? Can we talk about something real quick? Sure? Holidays on the way? Yeah. Serial KILLERSPC dot com wax cabin candle collection featuring flavors right there, event this way. Frosty snowballs. Love that? And where's my Coco peppermint? I don't know that's your candle, So Cocoa crunch it's up there. I don't feel like getting up, but it's delicious. We burned it. We actually burned it in the house this weekend and we blew it out. We went out for lunch, went to the mall. We came back and it still smelled like delicious Coco peppermint crunch. It was spectacular.
Speaker 2: Frosty snowballs smell delicious. It's vanilla, it's wonderful, it's cinnamony.
Speaker 1: It's great. And if you order them at Serial Killers pc dot com, be sure to use code serial killers at checkout and you will get ten percent off. They make a great gift and the packaging is super fun too, and we'll be back right after this. Did it work? Yes, we're back. Every time that we do that, nothing happens. Yeah, my friend Matt will texting me like, dude, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like, I mean, how long have we been talking? At least forty minutes?
Speaker 1: Oh with thirty five? Yeah, so there was no natural middle cuts.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess this is the middle now. So we just came back from a commercial break. Hopefully it wasn't one of the lude commercials that I just realized we were playing.
Speaker 1: We play lude commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put filters on it, I thought, I did, I.
Speaker 1: Wait, what was lude? The only thing that I heard was maybe a controversial one because some people might.
Speaker 2: Not like that, and yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: It might shut us off. So I shut that filter off. Yeah, but on I put that filter on. But also remember that was only in New York because they are regional. That one was the New York Department of Health, so they're regional. So I don't know what they heard in Iowa. Say, maybe they got a corn commercial. There you and this corn canned corn, eat it straight from the can? Please don't, please don't.
Speaker 2: In a new commercial, the CDC warns you not to eat corn can please boil it because you will die.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it'll boil corn from the can just throwing a microwave. Not in the can though, As I found out, do you love a good cream corn? I like cream corn too. People gag from it, but I love cream.
Speaker 2: Corn is delicious. My mom makes her own cream corn, and I mean it's not like the recipes at heart. She just puts like heavy cream with some corn.
Speaker 1: But it is suck good and I'm sorry. If you have a Ruth's Chris near you, Oh my god, I love ruth Chris. They have a seasonal corn pudding. They haven't had it in quite a while, but the one by us will order it for us because we know the guy. Yeah, and they order it from like corporate ahead of time. Who it is so good that it's so good. It's like a dessert. But I will down an entire side of it in one sitting. Wow.
Speaker 2: So those holidays are coming up, Yeah, time to get your stretching pants out day, am right, that'll be our next endeavor, we'll do some merch serial killer killers stretching pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that'll be great with just a string, no waistband. Oh what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So that really just says you can go for miles.
Speaker 1: Or just it'll just be no band at all, just be a rope like in the cartoons. You just tie it around. That's it'll be like one of those ropes. Get a serial killer sack. That's right, burlap sack, two holes in a rope.
Speaker 2: It's a DIY sweatpants experience exactly. That sounds great. I so support that.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have serial killers bowls? I mean that is the most logical thing.
Speaker 2: Well, we should get in touch with somebody, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Lenny Mud. Where are you, Lenny Mud?
Speaker 2: Can you just like re email us and then we'll put that at the top of our inbox.
Speaker 1: The thing with them is they're very high quality, great thick, awesome ceramic bowls with wonderful artwork. Yeah, that would be really expensive. I think if we sold it, and I don't know that people would spend thirty dollars on a cereal bowl.
Speaker 2: I don't know they spend twenty dollars on a candle. No, that they do well with ten percent off. It might be a little less, but exactly, yes, just saying.
Speaker 1: And then you're gonna say T shirts. So it threw me off a fun cereal bowl that you could always say, this is my Cereal bowl. Bul Yeah yeah, serial killers bul bull that Yeah. I was thinking of the T shirts, which there are still some available, by the way, zero killerspc dot com. Yeah, pick up a T shirt and two candles.
Speaker 2: I want a shirt that says Team Andy. Why because this way people could wrap their support for me.
Speaker 1: Well, they Posts used to have those shirts that said Team Fruity and Teamcoco. I was I was always Team Coco. That's great until I'm sorry that we had to do the gay Pride thing in Miami and I wore the Team Fruity hat. What it was colorful, that's all. I just kidd I got a lot of compliments on it. They're where'd you get that hat? I want one? I'm like, I got it from Post.
Speaker 2: I could just see you being like this, like I could wear this to pride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got rainbow colors. That's right. I thought it was really cool. I'm telling you a lot of people liked it. Wow, almost gave it up? Was that the one that we had bad coconuts together? Yes? That was terrible. I'm not really into street vendors anymore. Yeah, after that, and I'm sorry. If you're from New York, you know what I'm talking about. When you're stuck in traffic somewhere and some little lady comes up with a tray of mango cut up in ziploc bags? Am I supposed to buy those? Okay?
Speaker 2: It depends. Are there seasonings on the mango?
Speaker 1: I don't really care. It was in somebody's house with a dirty knife and a plastic.
Speaker 2: Zip because a lot of times, at least in California, they have little fruit stands where they cut it up and they put this salt on it that is so freaking good.
Speaker 1: Is it like Old Bay spice seasoning?
Speaker 2: No, it's not Old Bay it is, but I don't understand though for war.
Speaker 1: It's it is not Health Department regulation. Ta heen, that's it. Ta heen.
Speaker 2: To heen is wonderful on fruit. They do it in California.
Speaker 1: What does it taste?
Speaker 2: It's like a salt almost, but not really. It's like a little it's a little hot.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: It's delicious and you could put it on your fruit.
Speaker 1: I put it on my fruit at home, okay.
Speaker 2: And there's also a something you could drizzle on it, almost like a sauce. That one I haven't bought because I can't find the right one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just don't trust the street vendor with unregulated ziploc bags of cut up mango.
Speaker 2: Can I say another thing, then, if we're talking about street vendors, I have never had a good street vendor pretzel.
Speaker 1: I have no Well, sometimes I get them.
Speaker 2: Those things are stale, cold, cold in the middle.
Speaker 1: Do you get that charcoal kind of smell? But they're never that great. They are never good. They tease you and they think it's going to be good. And I'm not a fan of street meat. I never know what I'm getting. I held hot dogs just period. I'm done. I haven't bought from a cart in a long time. Coffee yass, but food not so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the nuts always smell good, but I'm always kind of like, do I really want to buy?
Speaker 1: You know what's really good at the nuts? Dad nuts? Coconut? They have coconut that's coated in that stuff that is it's deadly, but it's delicious. What do you mean deadly? It's not really good for you. Coconut is extremely high in cholesterol. It is yeah, yeah, or bad fats or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems like we both really care about that. So yeah, well as we eat terrible cereals every week exactly.
Speaker 1: There's a street vendor cart guy that I pass every morning at four forty five on the corner of Canal and Broadway, and he has one of those digital light up signs up top. Every single word is wrong and it is so funny. I have to record it. I can't even tell you what they are. They're very fin like one of them says gat or aid o gatorade. Yeah, it is so hilarious, and I'm not like trying to correct the guy. I just think it's funny. It's hilarious how everything is. It's written as he hears it, you know what I mean. Obviously he's an immigrant of some sort and he doesn't really you know, can't spell the words, but it's just it's hilarious and I need to I need to record it because it's very fun.
Speaker 2: Well, gallery, it sounds like someone from the South saying gatorade.
Speaker 1: You want some gatorade? No, just some gatorade. It's gonna tights good. You need damn electroax. Yeah, it's spectacular. I love that. Uh maybe I should go support him because his sign makes me giggle. Maybe you should go get some galleried. It's just it's frightening in that spot at four forty five am. I really don't want to get out of the car there. It's just it's not a very savory area at that point. So I just passed him by. So wow, Yeah, all right, Okay, are we good? I think we're good. Yeah, it's not quite as long as people are accustomed to. But what is it? How long is it? Forty wit two minutes? But ate needs my parking spot?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, on that note, say Clink Scott, I don't know, I feel like we're giving up. Well, I mean, do we pad another eight minutes?
Speaker 1: No? But I would really like in all honesty, I know one or two people have sent us ideas for fodder on the show. So if you could just reach out to us via Instagram or Twitter or whatever at Cereal, let us know what we can talk about. And then obviously we just come up and ramble on stuff. But we'd love to have you be a conversation starter for us.
Speaker 2: Yes, And on top of that, we're going to do a Wish shopping spree for each other soon.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Sounds like fun. That'll be a lot of fun. I still don't really know what that is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go on wish dot com after this is over. You're gonna look at it and be like, how is this an actual site? The items may take at least forty two weeks to get to us, so we better order now. So basically, it's just one big giant Instagram ad essentially. Yes, Like, you see a money gun and then you buy it from wish dot com and you get like it looks like it's the one that shoots it like that. But meanwhile you get a picture of someone with a money gun.
Speaker 1: I told you I bought that cream from Instagram, I wish. I just brought it home the other day. It's in a red tube and it's all Asian lettering. I have no idea what it says. I don't remember what I ordered because it was so long ago. I have no idea what it does. I don't know if it's toothpaste, or if it's some sort of cleaner or glue. I'm not sure. I don't know what to do with it. Well, maybe don't put it on your face right away. I won't. I just like spread it on the desk and see what happens. I don't know. Love that? Yeah, perfect, all right? It could be food, that's true. Paste, food, might be some kind of jam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's marshmallow fluff in a tube, that is very true.
Speaker 2: Shoot it right into my mouth, I don't think. So let's let's bring it down a notch sparky all right? All right, Well, and this is for Carla Marie Bourbone.
Speaker 1: Check on what they thought that was funny? All right, I don't know from the food court, Thanks Carla Marie. Anthony. Anthony actually called me. He called me last week, dude, we really love it. We heard you say that and we had to laugh and call you. They want to have us on their Twitch show, so maybe we'll go on one day. What does that mean? It means that we're all basically I guess it. I've seen them on Twitch. I got it. But like, so we are like on a box on their screen. Yeah, and so we're with them. So is it the Carl Anthony Show or is it the serial Killers podcast or is it like well, they said they would make it like a joint thing so we would be able to broadcast it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we could say, like serial Killers are going live with Carla Marine Anthony.
Speaker 1: Or can't we just record it and put it out as one of our podcasts. We could actually if we wanted to. Okay, so go over and get the ball. Oh look, that system to shut off. So even if I wanted to play some fun sound effect, I couldn't. All right, well I can fun sound effect. It timed out. That was cool, right, Thank you for listening to serial Killers bowl Chat, the sister podcast to serial Killers. That means, but they do, yeah they do. Okay, it's not the actual serial Killers, it's just the the offshoot ce all right, until we see you on Monday with an all new serial Killers and then Wednesday with our Disgusting Dinner Party. Yikes on bikes, say click, Andrew, I've never heard yikes on bikes before. I've said it a million times. Are you sure it was yikes? Yeah, yikes on bikes? Oh, okay, have a good day you two. Bye bye Team forty,