Speaker 1: Fotball team who was well deserving and winning that football game. I felt like we did some good things in that game, but we didn't finish in the matter in which we should have on the defensive side of the ball, which is, you know, finding way to take the ball away and give our offensive chance. I thought we played hard, I thought we were competitive. I thought we had a good game plan. But we need to find a way to finish and make some more plays. The great thing about this league here, you don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for yourself. It's a constant, ever evolving week getting ready for the next opponent in Washington is a real good football team, all right. We got the word that Jacoby Brissett.
Speaker 2: Is going to start.
Speaker 1: He is a proven veteran in this league that has shown that he can win football games at every place that he's been.
Speaker 2: They have a solid run game.
Speaker 1: I think Robinson is probably going to be back this week, and McLaren and you know Curtis Samuel's are are pretty good receivers and that they can make things happen at any time. So in no buy, no way, by the stretch of imagination that this gonna be a easy game for us, you know, so uh, we gotta you know, show up and play well and be ready to execute.
Speaker 2: And with that, I take your questions, how do you feel just about the secondary right now? Because it seems like there's some movie parts that could be based on injuries, whether the Jay or Ambry.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel real good in regards to the guys that we have all the way down to Lootter. You know, if he has to come in and play, uh, he has definitely shown and I've gotten a lot of trust from.
Speaker 2: Me that he can go in and execute.
Speaker 1: Uh. So is that time of the year that we're dealing with, uh, everything that all other thirty one teams are dealing with with your injury, so we can't find any excuses in regards to that.
Speaker 2: We gotta show up and play. Looter. That established that trust that you He hasn't played a lot in games, I mean, is it is it the practices that he's uh?
Speaker 1: I I think his is how he practices. I think is how he cares himself. He's a he's a professional. He is definitely a guy that's a little bit more mature to be a rookie. And how he goes about his day to day operation. Even when he was hurt, he was constantly here getting treatment.
Speaker 2: He stayed in there with uh.
Speaker 1: You know, Daniel Bullet, the dB coach, trying to get better and uh you've seen this development and growth.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And with that when he's out on the field, that's where that trust comes in with me talk a lot about.
Speaker 2: His maturity since he was drafted on the field.
Speaker 1: How how do you see that that's different maybe from other lookies. Uh, Well, number one, I don't think he gets rattled at all. You know, something good happens, you know it is on to the next play. Likewise something bad. Uh. And that's the sign of a guy that has maturity to understand that position.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get down on himself.
Speaker 1: And you know, going back to the play against Seat on special teams, you know, just that effort to be able to save that touchdown to give us the opportunity to hold those guys to a field goal. Uh. Those kind of plays and those things that he he puts on tape is how I uh he equate that trust.
Speaker 2: Assimilated to the system. You want me to give him credit for that question? To you?
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, Logan has done a great job. You know, I was excited when we got him. I knew at some point in time that he was gonna do a great job and stepping in for us, uh, his leadership there. And I talked to Fred about this coming off the field yesterday and it's like, you know, did you did you feel and see a logan?
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, man, he talks.
Speaker 1: And that's the great sign of a safety, you know, his ability to communicate, Uh, particularly when you got a new guy in there and he's stepping up and doing those things. So uh, I like his presence. He has skin on the wall, as I call it. He's been around the league for a while, uh, playing in a couple of Super Bowls, so he understands the magnitude of where we are at this time of the year.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris does a tremendous job him in tap you know, for us meeting with uh, those new guys that we have in and you know, they took him out there early, took him to the side and start really trying to change up. You know, his stances get off. He's been more of a two gap guy his whole career. And of course you all know that our mindset's a little different we come off the ball here. So Uh, I like his explosion and how he comes off. He he plays with valient hands. So I'm excited to have him and looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.
Speaker 2: If you went with Verrett over uh willmat this week? What went into that decision? What do you wanna see from Samuel Walmart? Uh?
Speaker 1: Consistency, you know, Uh, with all our guys, and you know, a a a lot too goes into you know, special teams, you know, and in regards to him, uh being up and not being up, and we wanted to give barretta opportunity and a chance to be able to get his feet wet, try to get back into the floor of things and seeing if you know, you know, he can be one of those guys that I think that can help us down the stretch here, Uh as we progress towards the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Totally against that touchdown in Manzella. Otherwise, what did you see from him.
Speaker 1: On the field?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I I thought, you know, he worked within the defense. I thought his technique was good on that one particular play. I I felt like, you know, we teach chess to chess, you know, particularly when you get in the end zone.
Speaker 2: You can't turn away from the receiver.
Speaker 1: Uh, and that's what he did and he lost 'em, you know, in that split second when the ball was being thrown. So uh, definitely something that's correctable and coachable whatever.
Speaker 2: But is do you view Forett mainly as a diggle right now? Is that where you're gonna use to get mostly in practice? Uh? Right now? Yes.
Speaker 1: Just for the matter of fact, again, I feel very confident in Looter. And then you know, you mentioned Sammy as well, so I feel like we have uh, some some players out there that we can stack a little bit. To me, it's always that that ability if something happens with Demo and then Oliver, who's that third guy playing Samian.
Speaker 2: To speak just at day having on Sunday, Uh, it varies, you know.
Speaker 1: It's something that uh we're talking about as as a defensive staff most important, something that I communicating converse with with Kyle can planning to get.
Speaker 2: The Fowls who played safety at t at Arizona.
Speaker 1: Could he be in your emergency safety in a situation if you need need.
Speaker 2: A body on game? Uh?
Speaker 1: I think Oliver is that guy, you know. Uh, I like flying closer to the line of scrimmage. I think it's more effective there. But you know, I think you know, as we try to you know, think ahead and you know, I don't know if you guys seen that practice, but Oliver has been really taking a lot of reps at safety the last couple of weeks, so you know, that's that would be our next step if something where to happen there.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm back to Ryan for a second.
Speaker 1: I you don't often see thirty two year old guys lining up and the outside going down and cover and kicks.
Speaker 2: What does that say about him to you?
Speaker 1: Uh? Team player? Uh, committed and then also understanding it. It's the standard here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Well I was talking about many parts one body at work. It nobody's bigger than the actual calls. So Uh, guys come in and they adapt to how we do things, and that's what he's done. So Uh again, I like him a lot, Uh as a player in and as a person pre church. You guys, thanks, you heard of that.
Speaker 2: Hope you enjoy it.