Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album have you Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt rodgersofficial dot com to see me in a city near you.
Speaker 2: And now Lost Cult drums look mare, Oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture? Yes? Yes, wah, Lost Culture.
Speaker 3: Sing don last culturistas calling tactile is fuck coctile eff.
Speaker 2: I've been smiling and beaming all day. I woke up with a giggle. Oh my gosh, I sort of left out of bed, and then I looked at myself in the mirror, and then I immediately got sad because I think I'm actually developing a sty blufferitis.
Speaker 3: No, it's if you develop a sty you just nip it in the butt and you put rice in a sock, you put in the microwave for thirty seconds and then you just warm.
Speaker 2: Is that there? Are all right? Good? I was all nervous today because so I literally was so excited for this. I got a facial. Yesterday, I got a facial for the episode. Oh fun. I went to the Equinox Spot and Hotel. I love ten Yards really the best area of New York. Remember when I was looking for an apartment in Hudson Yards. I don't think I gave you any guph for it. I was like, if that's for Matt's happiest Matt belongs at the theme park of New York City all And this is what I wanted to tell you, Yeah, are you what do you?
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Rockefeller Center making a real play at being the only real technical zoned theme park in New York because that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: As the Prince of Rockefeller Center, I actually have to say, we actually are the royal court of Rockefeller Center. If you think about it, we're the gestures in the court. So as a representative of the zone, I couldn't be prouder of my sisters who are making that place a theme park. They really are.
Speaker 3: It's ticketed rides, you got to strap on a seatbelt.
Speaker 2: You know. I've gone to the top ye in Rockefeller Center and like go on the beam and it spins around. It's very thrilling. You would love it? I think not yet though?
Speaker 4: Is that my cue?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, never mind, don't worry. So if you sort of just like heard the voice, no, come.
Speaker 5: On, I just need you to stay.
Speaker 2: You got it? How would you like me this way? You actually meaning to your right, which you feel natural? Can we go touch to our lefte? Yeah? Yeah, guy, I'm so sorry, just the tiniest mean, I'm getting a lot. So what do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: I just need you to yes, of course, so much perfect.
Speaker 4: No, it's okay. I'm really glad.
Speaker 5: It's that and not what I thought it was.
Speaker 4: She was coming in like we gotta get out of here. Come on, un coat came in and I was like, something's happening.
Speaker 2: You had the energy of like it's an emergency.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, that was emergency energy.
Speaker 3: The way the hair moved was urgent, gorgeous. It was scary, excited and scared.
Speaker 2: Here we go. No, we're back. We're using all of it. We're using all of it is being used and I won't even.
Speaker 3: The part where I got a little snippy. It was like, I'm getting a lot.
Speaker 2: What do you want to know? Honestly? Like that's authenticity. Moment. And that's why people love Lost cults with Matt Rogers and bowing, because this is a real ass show. Oh yeah, and that was a real moment. And here's what I really want to say. You've said the theme park thing. Do you know how I spent my morning. I've been thinking about the Wicked theme park ride all day. I've seen the film, and I want to unveil, like what I think the experience of the theme park ride at and at the Universe, at the Universe. Put it in between there's a spot for it. You put it in between Super Nintendo World and the Dark Universe. I thought that's a perfect meeting for Wicked. It's Emerald City, slash Oz whatever they want to do. And I can't wait to pitch to our guest my idea for the theme park ride, the story of it. Okay, because I know we're with one of the true girlies. We're with one of the true Floridian girlies. Let's bring her in. Talk about your pal. She literally saved my life. If I can't.
Speaker 3: Even look at you, fucking love you. She's the legend. She's playing Glinda in Wicked Part one, maybe part two. She's playing Glinda. You'll have to wait to see what happens at the end of Act one. Does the character die?
Speaker 2: Who knows the imagine the twist of like they killed Oh my god, they really took a swing. That sucks. We loved her performance in the first if the Munchkins in munchkin Land. It's like a dark Wicked, Like the Dark. Our guest is a singular talent and icon. I mean, I am a fan. I've always been a fan. This is surreal. I can't believe she's here. I mean Eternal Sunshine one of the albums of the year, like to say nothing of everything else she's ever put out. I mean, I can't believe this is happening. It's the film of the year, Wicked, and this guest you're about to welcome into your ears is the one, the fucking only.
Speaker 5: C Yeah, I've attempted to do been every third sentence. That's sort of so sorry, I know, but it's just been so tempting.
Speaker 3: We really work our guests up and then and then they chime in and then they're ready to go.
Speaker 5: Okay, soy, pitt, Hi, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: This is a blessing and a half and three quarters know this is perfection. Okay, do you want to know the Wicked theme park ride?
Speaker 4: Tell me now?
Speaker 2: Because you want this to happen.
Speaker 4: Of course I do, and I have ideas as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's collab. I think you go to like it's not it's the Emerald City and the vibe is like Glinda Live Today is going to address everyone, the Aussians like, it's like we're all going already taking It's like, okay, so it's.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about what when we're gonna have to shoot that?
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, you'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: I think about that sometimes, you know, shooting.
Speaker 2: Like the theme park roll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shooting like you know Hermione being like don't forget to wear your seat belts. Yeah, you know that that vibe.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I feel like are they still doing that? They to go out to like d Radcliffe and're on a contract and they're locked into something. Can you do your Hermione impression? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Wrong?
Speaker 2: That been spleech All right, Sprange there is what is that?
Speaker 5: No you call?
Speaker 2: I know the vocal phrase, it's so good local what the fray? Oh my god?
Speaker 5: I love it so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, So Glinda is it today, Glinda is address today, Glinda live like it's you and then like we as the guests coming in are going to like see the speech and then something is like happening.
Speaker 2: So this takes place between Wicked one and two.
Speaker 3: Okay, so in that that's fun.
Speaker 2: Like so it's like we believe that Alphaba's like like there's signs that are like get the witch, you know what I mean. Like, and then like we get in the ride and I don't know that they like the rest of this, but like that's the setup and like you are like get ready to speak, and then there's like weather Weather Steve start to move. We think it's Alpha, but but we know it's.
Speaker 4: More of Michelle going yeah, yes, don't let her get her way.
Speaker 5: If that's the best shot on the whole thing.
Speaker 4: When she turns and the monkeys go, oh my god, it's the best shot of any movie I've ever seen in my life. She's so hot, she's so beautiful and regal and powerful.
Speaker 2: And when she goes Wicked Witch.
Speaker 5: Yes, what a choice to get quiet Wicked Witch.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love's brilliant. I've seen it. I'm blown away by the movie. And it's just like you guys, just to leave the fake world of the theme park right now, like we'll figure it out like t K t K theme park ride. The very real film is so brilliant and like you know it, you know it. You Wickeds is a film about Fanny. He's a gay boy. He's a gay boy who wants to make it big in the world, right yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He knows that the media landscape of oz is not ready for a very homophobic city homophobic.
Speaker 4: The best video in the world, if you rehearsing it, is that it's been in my drafts for two years of him his little pink like cap over your hair because weren't ready to film yet with your little clips in and he's like half in wardrobe, half in like some cute like bowen thing, and he's just like what did he say? Wait what matamor will say? Mustn't get all right? Fine, I'm gay? Z be the most interesting thing about Yeah, I've watched it three hundred times.
Speaker 3: How do we feel about the original person who read for Fanny at the table read for Wicked? It was something Foster? What have I desecraated Sutton's name?
Speaker 2: Wait? No, what are you talking to like in.
Speaker 3: The original sort of like tailor d for Wicked, before any of the shows, any of the whatever, any of the Sutton Foster. They had Dina and they had Kristien, but then they had Sutton Foster as Fanny.
Speaker 2: Fanny.
Speaker 4: That is the most important thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: That is so spectacular, like two thousand and one, or did I not know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this either until people like we're sending to me.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I mean she's going to be so floored and proud and absolutely.
Speaker 2: You could run. And I've been saying it's brilliant in this film. I mean he lights up, He lights up my life every time you come on the street. And I'm like, in a word, period, just.
Speaker 5: So incredibly brilliant.
Speaker 4: And I also just want like a string out of everything you said, because I just I really do.
Speaker 5: I want to string out. Let's bring string outs.
Speaker 4: I love string I want to string out of everything he said on that Setee I got to see last night, Cynthia and I went to go do like watch along and make commentaries.
Speaker 2: Oh fun.
Speaker 5: But while we were there, they showed us deleted scenes. Oh and I got to see I've been through.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, talk about that.
Speaker 3: So they did a spoiler alert. They did cut the scene where Glinda meets Fanny and sheenshin again.
Speaker 4: But it's very cute and you will get to see it.
Speaker 5: Oh really, you will get to see it's coming out because.
Speaker 2: I want to see it. But that was my one notice. I was like, well, who are are?
Speaker 4: We kind of just made it all up, kind of just like John was like, all right, you guys meet here, uh huh, and maybe you do a little you know, and we were like, perfect, we'll do it. And so we did the weird dance thing whatever it was.
Speaker 2: We did the weird dance thing.
Speaker 5: And then I, oh, how are you guys really?
Speaker 3: And yeah, so so aria is. Glinda goes, so, how are it's been so long? How are you guys really? And then I for some reason made a choice to go I've I've been.
Speaker 4: Through, and we said I've been through for two years.
Speaker 3: After that, I've been through and then and the other with the other phrase was I have had I.
Speaker 2: Have had candle.
Speaker 4: Scandal, I have I have, I've been through, I've.
Speaker 2: I've been through.
Speaker 5: Which I've been through I've been through is not it.
Speaker 4: I've been through.
Speaker 5: I've been through, just I've been through and we just all collapsed. It was so ticklish, it was so funny.
Speaker 2: There was the coolest waitress I used to waitress with would always say, oh my god, that person is so and never ever said the word after.
Speaker 4: That's the safe thing to do, very safe.
Speaker 2: You know how she was so?
Speaker 5: And then you get to you know.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Yeah, it's an invitation for more projection.
Speaker 2: It protects and projects.
Speaker 4: Yes, it protects and protects. Wait, but you I've been through is so funny to me because that's like minute three of the film.
Speaker 2: It's too much. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: I understand why it's cut because it makes no tonal sense with the rest of the film.
Speaker 4: This it lives on its own, but in the most brilliant way, the same way that I don't see color lives on its own.
Speaker 3: Do we think do we think that that comes to I.
Speaker 4: Know, it's so funny and it's so brilliant. And it also was like, yeah, we're commenting on what we're commenting on in this film. It's actually the most brilliant comedic way of saying, yeah, that's what this is about.
Speaker 2: I can't believe.
Speaker 3: I find it miraculous that that stayed in the final It's the best.
Speaker 4: I was hoping and praying. I had literally my fingers and Toest Cross that was sitting in the audience watching for the very first time, and I literally John Chu was sitting right next to me that he was like, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was like, thank God, thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Bowen Yang ad libs in the final cut.
Speaker 3: You guys, there's something terrible about an ad lib that you do on suck because you're with like a friend and you're disarmed and you're you're being stupid, and then you see it and then you go, well, fuck, a good jillion people are gonna watch me do this stupid.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of feelings about it as well, and it you know totally. It's like once you once you leave the set and you're like, the fuck did we just.
Speaker 2: Want to that's what we filmed?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: I hope anything's okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 5: I feel like a blacked out for two years and now I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh, right now the people are come in, come on, are going to sit there and be like, we have a lot of feelings about what this has always been to us, and now this is the film which is.
Speaker 4: Such a beautiful which is such a beautiful blessing and responsibility to have as people who also love it and have lived for this for twenty years. I have done the research, like read the L. Frank baumb books and and done their homework and have lived it and loved it. And you know, it's such a beautiful celebration and we welcome, we welcome the feelings.
Speaker 2: We wasn't the feelings.
Speaker 4: I'm a fangirl with those feelings about the things I love totally.
Speaker 3: Of course, to quote the show, I ask you a question, what is this feeling now for you? Like so sudden and new, So sudden and new, it was like two years of your life where you were like monastic, You were a monk being like I'm gonna be so disciplined about this, and now I feel like it happened yesterday, and now all of a sudden, we're like, oh fuck, we have to like in a way like relive what happened and then also like package it into a way that like feels good for a sound bite, right.
Speaker 4: And promote and sell the thing. And it's just like it takes this transition from being this intimate, really real feeling thing to us talking about it like it's a product. And it's a very strange shift. But I'm really trying to hold onto the humanness of it all and kind of just like let that be what we talk about because it's so exciting to.
Speaker 5: Be able to talk about it. So it doesn't feel like a press tour.
Speaker 4: The way it has maybe when I was doing it for music or something like that, because it feels, I don't know, it feels a different for a million reasons. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you know.
Speaker 3: What we kept saying when we shot it was like it feels like we're shooting a little dye.
Speaker 5: A little student film, a student.
Speaker 2: Film, right, Like all of a sudden, there's like a mark, Yes, I'm stepping on tape to do it, Like it's never been done like this before, and yet we're committing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That wall broke when there was like a man on a hang glider with a camera in the sky and they said like Daily Mail on a parachute. We were like, oh, oh shit, yes, oh sure, sure, oh it's.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, So someone flew in to try to get like footage people. I actually saw it on Twitter, and I was like wait what there was like literally like hundreds of yards away, like yes, I think you could hear you doing your like color torah.
Speaker 5: That was one of the rehearsals.
Speaker 4: And they were like all the way across the water there was a little like river pond thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there was a body of water.
Speaker 4: One thing about Ariana, she knows her bodies of water.
Speaker 2: She knows.
Speaker 5: Yes, she'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 4: Across the way there was across the brook, over the brook. Yes, there was a ladder. There was there was a guy with a.
Speaker 2: Cat, said a flying gay guy with the camera from there, We need you for the shot. Damn it. It was a guy.
Speaker 3: It was a guy standing a drone. It was a guy standing a drone up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But my favorite thing about it was like I was like, I'm easy, peasy. I was like, oh, it's you know whatever, if Mark doesn't have a problem with it, or John is okay, like I'm going to just like do my job.
Speaker 5: I'll ignore it and I'll block it out, blinders on whatever.
Speaker 4: But like you know, a lot of people were concerned because it's a big deal, you know, for that to come out before it's supposed to come out, but no one.
Speaker 5: Really cared.
Speaker 2: What are they going to do exactly?
Speaker 4: And I was like, yeah, totally. I mean I think I heard that there's people and I think I just saw saw some stuff and they were like, oh, well from the top, and I was like, oh, that's amazing, that's really cool. I was like, if you don't care, I don't care exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, freeing, and we love and we bless the people who's concern and job it is to like make sure things are like secure and safe and like that. Absolutely, but sometimes it is like other people kind of like working you up right into thinking that it's a huge problem when you're like when deep down like in your person, you're like, oh, it's fine, Like I'll just keep doing what I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we were all kept very safe and like there was never any sort of like danger in that way. And there's only so much you can do when we're shooting on these like massive outdoor sets. Yeah, so instead of having everyone stressed about it and become like anxious, like you said, and you know, if there wasn't anything that we could do, we just start to have fun with it. Like when the drones would come me and the munchkins would be like hello, and then I started like taking my want and be like okay, that's enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, trying to make it fun, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, crazy, when did this happen? Like when did you guys know it was friendship and not just like a colleague. I enjoy I mean I.
Speaker 4: Was so so over the moon excited that you were going to be able to see it.
Speaker 5: I called Lauren, is that okay?
Speaker 3: That I almost like, you're comfortable?
Speaker 4: Well, because I knew that it was a huge, massive ask and also probably an impossible one, and I didn't have anything any sort of resolution to pitch him, but I just called him and I was like, hi, lone, Oh my goodness, how are you? And he was like, Warrior, is there anyway? Is there anyway? And I was that was the most nervous I've ever been.
Speaker 5: But you know, yeah, we made it work.
Speaker 2: He made it work.
Speaker 5: You made it work.
Speaker 4: You exhausted yourself and worked yourself to the bone.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: It's the only time that I've ever pulled like a poudy face in front of him to be like I really want to do this. And then he was like okay, okay, we'll.
Speaker 2: Do that again. Because it was cute as fuck.
Speaker 3: I was like, I really want to do this, and then I did.
Speaker 2: I basically did.
Speaker 4: It was really tough. Would you put yourself through?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: You were amazing regrets And I think the answer to the question is the minute you got there, I was just kind of like, oh my goodness. I hope that he is having the same experience that I'm having because I, like, I really want to be friends.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was a star shower when I saw you when we met for the first stars the stars exploded. It was at Leavesden. We're doing rehearsals. Yes, and then I remember like I was in my little room. I was reading a book and then you came in and no, it was so perfect.
Speaker 4: I was too excited.
Speaker 2: No, you weren't.
Speaker 3: Cynthia came in and gave me brothers and she was so fucking sweet. I'll never forget it. And then and then you came in and then like it was like I just like it was a meteor shower around you, and I was like, this is so fun. I think the moment that it was like friends, I think was when we watched Mommy Dearest together and then VHS.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Ari loves you.
Speaker 3: Guys don't totally align on this. But Ari is a huge horror freak.
Speaker 2: Oh you're a horror freak, I am.
Speaker 4: And the way.
Speaker 2: You said that is a huge horror That sounds bad.
Speaker 4: No great, I've heard a lot worse. But yeah, no that's lovely. Thank your kindness, a mass of kindness. Thank you.
Speaker 2: What's your horror pick? What's what's the best horror film?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I really like what.
Speaker 3: Give it? And you loved v AHS And I'm just thinking because I watched Smile last night alone in my apartment two or one Smile one because I want to smile.
Speaker 4: To smile, I would go tonight, let's go as soon as we can.
Speaker 2: Wish and how would you?
Speaker 4: How did you feel?
Speaker 2: It was? Disturb it?
Speaker 4: It's a good one, really good one.
Speaker 3: I do Socie Bacon love so so she is a talent. She's a talent. But god, that ending is crazy. Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: So I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: I love heart Wait apparently well, because.
Speaker 2: Apparently Smell too also ends in a way that you're.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, let's go, let's go. You don't like those I.
Speaker 2: Get really anxious, upset, scared out, frustrated, and I got you, you got me, You're protect me out there. You know what I do do though? What haunted house? And we just did the sickest talk about this. We were truly in the woods in Pennsylvania. Were in Pennsylvania, Okay, yeah, so Studie Bowen and I went just to like get a little fall moment. It was like an unassuming haunted house, like it's like, oh, this is like in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 4: It's not going to be like those are the ones, Those are the ones, are the ones, Those are the ones.
Speaker 2: Because there wasn't that many people there, which meant the groups when you're traveling through were small. It's not like Halloween Harry Knights where it's like you've just signed.
Speaker 4: You just signed like waivers and stuff.
Speaker 5: So we did what I'm saying, That's.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: When there's no waivers, all bets are off.
Speaker 2: But usually usually though if they touch you, you're supposed to have signed a waiver. We were getting really harangued by these people and I loved every secondment.
Speaker 4: But that's what I'm saying. There's no waiver in place, so they really cane Wi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were in the wild Poconos. That the craziest what the house you can think of? I want to go now. It was what fortnutes long? How was it?
Speaker 3: I swear to God, no breaks, no breaks, relentless horror.
Speaker 4: Did that take up?
Speaker 5: It was a big was it like a two mile yeah?
Speaker 3: Big big footprint, like a compound. Basically it was we stayed at this resort and and like the guys like as they bring in, they're like, okay, guys, so it's a bunch of actors, but like they're just doing their jobs.
Speaker 2: So those people work in the kitchen at the resort.
Speaker 3: They said, like, these people were in the kitchen, so it's like los so we we were like, okay, so it's loose steaks, not at all.
Speaker 2: It was insane.
Speaker 4: Well they're letting it out.
Speaker 2: They're letting it out, they're letting it out. Oh, the screams were not safe. Let's just say they came from here. Like it was like a woman flying out of a corner, Like like what it was you, I'll do it. It was like this. It was like, get out.
Speaker 4: I love screaming.
Speaker 2: The only way you can respond to that is with a scream at that level yourself. So we were just like, a.
Speaker 4: Right, I love when you scream.
Speaker 3: How do you feel as the professional, celebrated vocalist.
Speaker 2: What is your sure you? Is this?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 4: I needed that?
Speaker 3: What is your opinion on screaming? Because some people it's a device?
Speaker 2: How do you scream like that? Like that? Wait for that to have happened in the second way, By the way, we saw how she screamed, and it's like this. Oh it was giving the soft palette. Yes, she cleans up her own eyes. Look, everybody, Oh, I loved getting my god. What is your opinion on screaming?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Listen, you're a Halloween horror Nights and something. She kind of did it social.
Speaker 5: No, that's not my, that's not my that's not that I think it's.
Speaker 2: Like you don't have to do it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'd like to. I'd like to, I'd like to, please, thank you. No, I'd like to.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it depends on the context.
Speaker 4: But screaming is weird because sometimes I guess I subconsciously scream in a healthy way because sometimes after I scream, like there were several scenes in Wicked where there's lots of screaming, and I was like, oh my, I love screaming.
Speaker 5: But afterwards I felt like warmed up or something.
Speaker 4: So maybe I subconsciously scream healthily, but I actually don't know that I intentionally. Yeah, I mean like there are ways to do it, but I don't think it's something I choose when in fear totally?
Speaker 3: Does this inspire or motivate you to do a horror movie?
Speaker 4: Like? Well, you know, it depends on the context, depends on the script. I'm not like a gore for the sake of gore personally. And I also like, I don't know, I want I would want to do a great job. I want to do an incredible job. So it really depends if I could lend myself to the character in a way that I felt would be really purposeful and great.
Speaker 5: Yeah then sure, but you know, I'm a project.
Speaker 4: But I like horror that is thoughtful, Yeah, thoughtful, not just blood.
Speaker 3: For fun totally? What would you categorize BHL blood for fun?
Speaker 2: Blood for fun? Would you categorize VHS as? I don't have to talk about it really, right?
Speaker 5: How did I make you watch that?
Speaker 3: Because you were being a good friend and I was going through a hard time.
Speaker 4: But that's it's like not the thing to watch when you're going through hot time. It's so anxious to it was cathartic. Did you feel better afterwards? You sure weren't thinking about whatever you came there thinking period.
Speaker 3: And also we did really scary. We didn't enjoy that. We did not that we didn't enjoy the whole thing, but we did not stick with it because that's at a certain point I've.
Speaker 4: Never seen the whole thing. Yeah, I just VHS because it's vignettes, and I love the first vignette because this like fierce goblin woman like rips seven dicks off and flies you're goin.
Speaker 5: She's just like it's.
Speaker 4: Really cool splits and she's gorgeous and cool and like kills.
Speaker 2: Are you going to see the substance?
Speaker 4: I am going to see this. I'm dying to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard it incredible. Everyone I'm talking to that's seeing is like, I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 5: I need to see it. Yeah, I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: Se October thirty first on movie, but that's.
Speaker 5: Not my favorite horror film.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, that's going to like lead people to think I really I don't know. Would you like to have a favorite Would I like to address this problem? What's your favorite heartor film?
Speaker 3: I'm not a huge I don't know it too well. I'm not very literate, but I think I'm going to say, oh God, recently I really.
Speaker 2: Did love Are you gonna say what?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, not the Hills have Eyes, No girl, no way.
Speaker 2: Not that the one that was it was like the demon came out of her head, the one that was on HBO mad. You know what I'm saying, magnant. Didn't you love Malignant? I didn't seem like malignant? What was the other one?
Speaker 4: It's such a joyfully chaotic it's crazy.
Speaker 2: See I appreciate complete insanity back when I was watching them, like if it would get completely absurd, Like I loved saw the first song.
Speaker 4: Right because it's so brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant, brilliant, the way it comes together in the montage. I was like, oh my god, I didn't know I was watching art.
Speaker 4: I can endure that much gore. If it's that smart, If it's that smart, I love it so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to switch gears, I really have to apologize to you in person for what I opened my mouth up too much.
Speaker 2: When we kissed on.
Speaker 4: You absolutely did. I was shaking no, no, no, no, no, not in a bad way, not a bad way, in just like a disarming way, because you know what, like the recursis was so good. Oh my gosh, thank you. I mean it comes from a.
Speaker 2: Real place, you know it does.
Speaker 3: But I kissed you too too much, you know what.
Speaker 5: That's okay, And I know we were really dropped in.
Speaker 4: We were dropped in, dropped in and it felt like what these people needed at that time. It felt like what these characters.
Speaker 2: It was motivated required.
Speaker 5: Yeah a little, I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: I just should we talk about like how we arrived at because there was not a kiss originally.
Speaker 4: Right, No, there wasn't a kid, which was well that here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Go where you go?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I when we rehearsed it a little, I don't know. Yeah, in my head, I was like, I didn't say thing because I like, oh, everyone's to think I'm absolutely insane and too comfortable. But I was like, oh, funny if we kissed at the end, and then Bowen texts me a few hours later, I was like, it's totally fine. This is way too crazy. But we were talking and thought it would be so funny if we kissed at the end, and I was like, wow, what if we kiss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like wow, I was thinking that. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: We're immediately on board. Yes, So do you rehearse it? Do you do it in dress? Or like? What's because I always feel like with rehearsing a kissing, Oh it's I've only had to do it a few times, but it's like the rehearsal of it is like are we doing it? Like what is it?
Speaker 4: It's like, shit, are we reading for real? This time? We kissing this time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: So what was it?
Speaker 4: We kissed in the dress rehearsal.
Speaker 2: We kissed in the rehearsal, but in me and I will.
Speaker 4: Admit we had a very grown up conversation about it, said we're doing it or not?
Speaker 3: We did have a grown up conversation just like that, a little.
Speaker 4: Talking about how she comes out.
Speaker 2: Or not.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I also, I think in the grand scheme of things, I was maybe a little over eager because to run through on Saturday. So so on Saturdays in the afternoons, I go, I go. I was like, so should we do it? I did say do you want to do it for run through? I said, I phrased it in like a leading way of like should we and you were like.
Speaker 2: Shall we kiss?
Speaker 4: I feel like, well, because there was we talked about maybe waiting till the real thing, just just to like sween it and see how it was. And I was like, let it be on the live you know, but then we were like, no, let's let's be adult. Lets rehearse it just so we know how it feels, not have that surprise on live television.
Speaker 2: And so your take on it and just talk to me as so his mouth was a little too open.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's it came from him, not for me.
Speaker 2: But you you acknowledge you said you absolutely did open.
Speaker 4: It was absolutely to open.
Speaker 2: It was a little open chemistry.
Speaker 4: But for the characters, I think it was perfectly open.
Speaker 2: I would agree. I was watching it and I'm thinking I.
Speaker 5: Did start shaking giggling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well you got it absolutely. I broke.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is yeah.
Speaker 2: I always seemed incredibly purposeful and motivated, and it felt incredible.
Speaker 4: As long as that's how it felt for the audience, Yes, it's all good. Here.
Speaker 2: Have you ever told beef here.
Speaker 4: It's official.
Speaker 2: I'm happy we put into bad.
Speaker 4: Thank you me too.
Speaker 3: Can we quickly brief about how a sen was for you? Because that was that was a top tier, a plus, all time perfect episode.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's it really was.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I had the time of my life. I would have done it right after we finished at one am. Again, like, I really love being there.
Speaker 4: I love every single person there, Like I just had the loveliest best time with everyone.
Speaker 5: And I love laughing, I love comedy, I love bits.
Speaker 2: You're so good at it. Thanks and also you can take it leads from a joy that you have to do it and like a motivation to like work hard and get it right. And I also can't believe you've only hosted twice. You give the energy of someone that's been there, and again it throws like how good JT worth the show back in the day of like you know, coming in, Like what do you think it is that prepares you to do something like Saturday Night Live? So well, Oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, I don't know. I mean that's really nice. I think I find like a comfortability and getting to know everyone.
Speaker 5: I love getting to know people.
Speaker 4: When I come to a place, I want to like befriend everyone and be open. And when you're meeting all the writers and collaborating with everyone, everyone is super just kind of open and talk about where you can go, like trying things and whatever. It just is a really safe and fun experience. I don't know, it's like constant, but it's the best and it's so much fun. And I think I just love comedy, So maybe that is like why I was so excited to go, and I felt very excited. I think when it comes to doing big, exciting things, sometimes you know, it can become like a scary, daunting thing. But if you hold on to excitement and gratitude and let that like fuel the whole experience, it can really change the tone of everything.
Speaker 5: It's something I like learned.
Speaker 4: In my late twenties. But no, I don't know, it's just it felt really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, rock confort.
Speaker 4: Texting with Bowen constantly having having a literal best friend there, and in the weeks leading up, I felt like I was bothering you because I was it's my turn to apologize now. I felt like I was. I felt like I was blowing you up because I I couldn't stop like texting insane like ideas for bits and like silly, silly things, and I was just so excited to get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why I think when you're excited about people. Yeah, yeah, it shows I don't know almost.
Speaker 2: Like it's like it's like and with Wicked too, and I was just gonna like pose it that maybe like when you get the audition for Glinda, right, that has to be a thing where you're like, holy fuck, Like it's something I've thought about for a very long time. Yeah, Like it's one of those roles that's going to be someone's going to get it and it's going to feel like, yes, incredible that person, but like a little part of you is like, oh God. And so when you get that audition, I wonder is it all just like joy and like how do you approach the comedy of something that's so iconically done and like you respect but you bring yourself to it because you do do.
Speaker 4: That, Yes, thank you. I think it's kind of like it was one of the most important parts to me was finding that balance between like honoring the iconic Glinda that we have had on our on the soundtrack for twenty one years and the role that was like written really by Winnie Holtzman and Kristin Chennaw with like, you know, honoring what made it so iconic, which is like the original material and you know people, while also.
Speaker 5: Kind of like bringing myself to it.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because knowing something and being a fan of something for such a long time is very different than having to become it and sort of take it on. So I don't know, I mean a lot of just like trying and playing and reading the script one hundred times fully through even before the audition, like not the movie one, the Broadway one, so that sort of you know, choices of my own could come through, and finding new truth to little beats and moments that play differently on stage because this isn't the stage show. And finding that balance was of course the most important thing because I know as a fan of it how important it is to walk that line. And that's really all you can do is the homework and also trial and play. I have my amazing acting coach, Nancy Banks. You know, we did a lot of playing and grounding my vocal placement and even finding like okay, like what inflection, how far do we want to go with it? And older vocal versus younger Glinda vocals and the tonal shift when she's young versus when she's old, and.
Speaker 2: You know, incredible playing in that regard to like, I have to say one of my favorite things about the movie just holistically, and I think it's so funny that you guys didn't chemistry test because the chemistry is two is just nuts. And one of my favorite things about a vocal choice in that movie is that Cynthia is like singing her whole part very clean until you get that note and it has so much gut in it.
Speaker 6: Well it is a war cry, yes, and that that like ends it, and you know that everything has changed in the way that note is sung and that intentionality.
Speaker 4: Is just brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was in the room. I got to be there.
Speaker 2: When she actually like was doing it, Like you mean the studio you had to hear.
Speaker 4: Her singifying gravity. I mean I was there when we cheated the rehearsal tracks. Yeah, but you know I was also on set when she was flying above me singing.
Speaker 3: You know, you had to wit and you had to be there to witness it. And also just like this is not a spoiler, but it does cut to Golinda pretty frequently during that moment, and I think the way because you have an impossible thing to do in that moment, which is just to like internally project that outward as everything in your world and your circumstances changing, Like even hearing you just talk about the prep and the consideration that went into this, like you have the most expansive knowledge of this character, and like, thank God it's you because you're like rising to every occasion with it, like you rose to the audition obviously in such a storied way. Like I love the lore behind it now that people know about and I just know, Yeah, it's fucking amazing.
Speaker 2: You know that the movie is like about you forget sometimes, like especially seeing it now in the way that you guys have like made it brand new, like you really remember what it's about. And it's about like speaking truth to power and how hard that is. Yeah, and what your character is going through. What Glinda is going through at the end of at least this movie, is she's not able to be strong enough yet to really be a face of like dissent and rebellion, Like she's seeing a truth and she's it's like the journey that you have to go through there of like I know what's right, but I'm just not there.
Speaker 4: It's also just like a different I mean yes, but also there's a different version of that, which is that she is strong enough to know that she will never choose that because she can't she doesn't have the tools, and she knows what is important to her.
Speaker 5: Yes, And it's.
Speaker 4: Like it's not that she's not ready to do that, it's just that she's not a person who's going to do that. And having the strength to know that the past, Oh my god, annoying. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so curious about what you're No, it's.
Speaker 4: It's just like emotional because it's like, of course it's acting and I'm not gonna you know whatever.
Speaker 5: We hit our marks and we do our thing and we.
Speaker 4: Sing our songs and we do what we're supposed to do. But it really felt so real, and it feels how it feels in real life when you really love someone, but the paths that you need to take for your own truth and life and who you are, it's like you can't actually you can't actually continue growing together. You're growing apart, and you can still love that person, So much and acknowledge that that's going to be best for them, but it's not going to be best for me. So I do have to not self abandon in this moment, and I have to stay where I am and I want you to go there, but I can't do you. So I think it's certainty. I think she's really sure in that moment, and I think that that's strength.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: God, I don't think that it's that she's not strong enough to go. I think that she's strong enough to not go right.
Speaker 3: Because there were This is not to switch gears, but like there were so many moments. There was one moment. I think it was during that I've Been Through I've been through. It was during the I've Been Through scene where like we were just like ad libbing and like I was, I forgot what I pitched you, but I was like, okay, maybe like we do want to dance from S cool and like I don't know, Like I pitched you a line and then you you looked me in the eyes and this is done with such love and care in respect. I pitched you like a stupid fucking line of like like we do like an accent or something, and then you just look at you looking dead in.
Speaker 2: The NiFe, and you go, I'm not gonna do that?
Speaker 4: Did I?
Speaker 2: Really? It was so funny.
Speaker 3: We were dying laughing because I was like, of course, I was like, it was like, this is me playing too much.
Speaker 2: With my friend.
Speaker 3: I was like, she's gonna do She's playing Glinda and the Wicked movie.
Speaker 2: I can't tell her. I can't tell her to do bits.
Speaker 4: Well, yes you can, but literally we always tell always, we always.
Speaker 2: We always did that.
Speaker 3: But at that point, it was like, you know, four months in the Strawberry Bush, the strawberry Bush broke.
Speaker 4: Me and John can't find it, but I've been I've been anxious to see it forever.
Speaker 3: So in the scene when it's Dyloman's classroom and he's in Leman's getting the lecture about like the history and like what happened and right, food, food grew scarce and people were angry, and then what's the line, like what.
Speaker 4: Do people people were looking for? And she's like something to someone and then something to whatever.
Speaker 5: But there's one about food.
Speaker 3: There's one about yes, yeah, yeah, yes, the Great Famine occurred and people and people wanted to people were were very peven.
Speaker 5: We're looking for something to.
Speaker 3: People were looking. Angry people look for and then and then Alphaba says someone to blame.
Speaker 2: But then it was on our coverage on our character reached out of me, Bronwin and you. We did an a lib.
Speaker 3: It was like and and because he mentioned the famine, and then what do angry people do?
Speaker 2: What do people try to find? I'm that I'm.
Speaker 4: Literally he said, like a strawberry bush and smacked him, laughing. I literally strawberry's my paper because it was hell. It was so good. I wish I wish it.
Speaker 2: Were somewhere, find it, find it, strawberry.
Speaker 4: Strawberry bush was incredible. And also so was when NASA flies up in the in the sky scream. I know that's your scream, and that's your scream, and everything is flying around and things are falling and the thing falls on the ground.
Speaker 2: I know how it was the best time.
Speaker 5: It was the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: Before we ask you the question that it's the central question of this podcast, I also want to say one other thing, which is that this scene of the year for me is dancing through life when she comes into the Osta sport. Yeah, and that that moment, Wow, can you talk about shooting that, Yeah, like, what what was that experience?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I love, first of all, I love the little shot of her peeking around the corner like with her little hat and she's so excited and whatever. But it's just it's hard to describe because how it feels to watch picture that a solid twelve hours of that that particular section. The main bulk of it was like one and a half days, but it was like one and a half days of utter pin drop silence, and every single person in the room was absolutely just right there with Cynthia and kind of holding a very warm space, you know, for how much she was giving the whole time. And it's such an isolating and painful scene, you know, and even if you're acting, you know, it's just like it's such a heartbreaking feeling. And I had such flutters and butterflies that whole day, and it's just like holding space for her and then having this guilt and this realization that I'm responsible for this, and just sort of like looking at a friend and trying to course correct it just so much. It was a really intense day and I feel the same feelings when I watch it back that I did in the room on the day, Like, yeah, it was. It was a really intense day and she's so beautiful in it. And I just remember at the end of like the twelve hour me and Mark and John all just like took her aside and we were like and yeah, it was just a very very very powerful, emotional day and she did such beautiful work and everyone just held the safest of spaces for her. And yeah, I like feel it when I watch it back, certain scenes, like when they start happening, my body has like a physical reaction, like when she peaks around that corner, I like get anxious for what I know is going to happen because I know how it felt on the day, and I think that's a sign of what beautiful work was done, because I feel like when you watch it back, you feel how it felt in.
Speaker 3: The room, and it's a wonderful reminder that you were so dropped in and present in that in that span of time, which was a very long time. And I say, I say four days because it was like with all yours stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, yes, with the dancing and stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about this parting about.
Speaker 2: The loneliness of that Cynthia is going through up I'm gonna, you know, have this dancing moment and everyone's watching it being like, what's happening, and it's your realization that like, this is a human being who I've heard and now I'm going to show up for her. And the really wordless connection that you guys foster in that moment is so beautiful and everyone's gonna love the movie so much, obviously, so so.
Speaker 4: So unfathomably spectacular, so great.
Speaker 5: The choreography.
Speaker 4: I actually, even though we rehearsed it like once or twice before that day, said I never learned it. Like I didn't want to remember it because I just literally wanted to be like following her hands and like letting her lead the way, because I felt like the more awkward it looks on Glinda, like the more beautiful it can be. You know, we're both just like little like wild deer greeting each other and trying to figure out how to speak the same language. And it's so beautifully awkward, and I love it very much. It's very I loved her very much.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's a ride.
Speaker 4: This movie. Going from that into popular is such a ride, and then back again and then back again, and you.
Speaker 5: Know it's just like it's it's a wild ride.
Speaker 3: The popular is everything.
Speaker 5: I want to thank.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Wait, can I just share one more of my favorite memories from the Osdas Ballroom. Yes, other than the fun stuff that we did, the dancing and everything in the osdesk, we had so much fun in the It really was like a week there, really was.
Speaker 5: It was a week, yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they gave us these like universal iPhones for behind the scenes stuff. It was actually only one and I think you and you and Bronwyn had.
Speaker 3: It for that whole week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I just remember the vibe that day and and you both being like not no time, like you know, like this is intense and everyone's like like, Okay, we're at the dance is happening, Like no, we're not. It's not the day actually.
Speaker 2: For that, And I'm so excited. Biggest today is that.
Speaker 3: We're about to group bully Cynthia Rivo For three days straight. I was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: They were like, are you guys getting fun stuff?
Speaker 5: And it was like no, no, no, not today. In fact, not today.
Speaker 3: It was like universal social media people doing their job.
Speaker 2: Give it being so commed. Not because it also is a little bit of your characters, like because your character doesn't get it. And by the way your your you play a really good natural bully. You really say your coverage.
Speaker 4: In the ass. I remember I got to sit behind the monitor and watch you and bron Win experience that, and it was just so beautiful.
Speaker 5: You too are so brilliantly hilarious.
Speaker 4: But also just everything was so palpable, the shift, the it was so funny and so beautiful.
Speaker 5: And I love to have I have an iPhone video that whole take if.
Speaker 1: You like it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, because you had the it was the univers my personal one.
Speaker 4: I filmed everything that happened from the whole tears.
Speaker 2: That was against the rules, but I'm very honest. You would say, he sent me some videos from the set. Yeah, what can I say? Yeah, well, it's over going to do edit you out. Oh I hope not.
Speaker 3: I perished the thought, but I not to place myself in that moment, in that scene, that very intense scene, but like I kind of feel a degree of that same thing where I watched it back and I was like, god, I feel like absolute hit because even in doing it, because acting is acting whenever, but even in like bullying Cynthia throughout this movie, Like, there were so many times where I went up to her and I was like, I'm so sorry. This feels so rotted in my soul to treat you this way. I think it's just a testament to like the way she's being so completely raw and beautiful and vulnerable in every frame of this. And God, you're both. You couldn't ask for two better people to do this.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful and good.
Speaker 2: Let's asking the question.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm sorry, what is the Why are you apologizing.
Speaker 4: Because I did?
Speaker 5: I'm taking us miles back. No, I still have so much more to say about everything.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it. We got to talk about What's the one question, the one question that we have to ask you is what was the culture that made you say culture was for you? If you can look back in your life and you think Ari Grande became Ari Grande as a result of this, influenced this thing in pop culture, this moment, whatever it is, can you speak on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think musical theater.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I think Sherry Renice.
Speaker 4: God, Wow, my answer, I love that answer.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: I mean I loved the soundtrack.
Speaker 4: I was really little. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I actually I saw it with Tony Braxton, but oh my god.
Speaker 4: Were no, but I saw I saw her dirty rotten scoundrel, and I remember being like, that's life changes. Yes, to see she's the best in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look at someone doing musical theater at a level like that and you're like, oh, well, I'm watching the most talented person on earth.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean her and Kristen and Sutton Foster and just these like ladies who I grew up just listening on repeat and just like my musical theater goddesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Does it feel like yeah? Absolutely? And I guess my question for you is like, you know, I'm watching Wicked and I had that feeling of like, well, she needs to act more. But then also at the same time, it's like you are probably the most like just important, gifted, like relevant pop artists. No, but let me say it because I believe it. And then I'm then you're like, does Broadway fit into that, Like is it something that would make sense for you? And is it in your heart to actually go to the stage and do that?
Speaker 5: It's it is my heart, you know.
Speaker 4: It is like I'm going to say something so scary it's going to scare the absolute shit out of my fans and everyone, but I love them and they'll deal, and we'll be here forever. I'm always going to make music. I'm always going to go on stage. I'm always going to do pop stuff. I Pinky Pram. But I don't think doing it at the rate that I've been doing it for the past ten years is where I see the next ten years. I think I love acting, I love musical theater. I think reconnecting with this part of myself who started in musical theater and who loves comedy, and it heals me to do that, finding roles to use these parts of myself, you know, and put them in little homes and characters and bits and bass and songs like it really does in a different way than songwriting and writing about my own pain, because it's just kind of like constantly reliving that one thing that you wrote the song about, or that is, you know, and finding a character and putting the pieces there, finding it a homes for them there, and then them coming back and feeding you and teaching you new things through performing the act of being Glinda. Whatever you know, and taking pieces from her back. It really feeds you. And I think that I would love to and whatever makes sense or whatever roles that we see fit or where I could really do a good job or honor the material, I would really love to because I think I think it's a lot better for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you, but I want you to know, like when and I've been listening to I listened to you all the time, but like so many of my favorite songs of yours, I can tell are unbearable for you to put out there, Like I listened to I won't even say the song title. I mean, I imagine, I mean like I hated you, Like I had such an experience, and I have my own theories about like what we can't be friends is. But I think the video like is something that spoke to I know, me personally and so many people in such a visceral way. And there's that moment in the video, which by the way, is the video video and everyone knows it. So there's that moment where you hesitate in the process of having your memories removed, and you're it's like I don't want to let go. I'm actually uneasy, Like maybe my pain is really important. And if I lose that, like where am I going next? Like it's scary. And I think that that's such a specific thing to get across, but like has to be painful to literally fixate on the idea of eternal sunshine, because the idea is that we want to we feel this way, we want to create something called eternal sunshine because we're fixating on wanting to remove those emotions, right and yet here we are literally performing them. And I think that you're so sensitive and such a you know what, you could say, cancer vibes or whatever, but like you're so in tune to your work and you're so giving of yourself that it has to feel fucking exhausting. And so if you have other talents and other like interests, like I get that I love you back.
Speaker 4: That was such a thoughtful parade of like thoughtfulness, I love you thinks I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I hear.
Speaker 3: You that he's got the thoughtful thoughtfulness.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, but talking but no, I guess what I'm saying is like the thing is, I'm not even asking you a question.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just acknowledging and seeing and I want you to know that as your fan, like we just want you to feed yourself and like do what makes you feel good and evolve, and you are evolving like like in this movie. Like I'm telling you, like Noma are gonna cry, Like I just feel like it's so amazing to see someone do something that were born to do, like and I don't know, I've always felt like, especially because you've been such a good sister to my sister, I just like I want you to be happy and I'm sorry, man, oh my god. Okay, I feel like I feel you know, you're just but this is like what you do. You're such an available, open, emotional person and I deeply.
Speaker 4: We're for taking the risk. I think my chair is like cemented to the ground.
Speaker 2: No, no, okay. That remind me of when I did Celebrity Will of Fortune with Paula Abduel. She's so small that she she would do the wheel and that we would take. She's in the middle and like I'm here, like this is Faula. She goes all right, here we go away and like her leg went up.
Speaker 4: Can I just thank you for saying that, just because it was so incredibly kind and I really appreciate it, and I am going to carry it with me. Art also is what feeds me, So in whatever capacity it is, I'll always be doing and creating six different things at once.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just I don't see that going anywhere. I just see it kind of like shifting and becoming a little different.
Speaker 2: My chapters, you know what I mean. Like there's I'm thankful to you for Positions because that was my album for the Pandemic and I'll look you in the eyes and oh my god, I'm telling you, there's not a better piece. But like, yeah, I did it.
Speaker 4: It was beautiful, the characters needed it, but yeah, thank you. That's such a funny thing the life cycle that album is taken, because when it came out, it was kind of like.
Speaker 2: It didn't go so well in a soft way. Whereas that think you there had been such moments or do you no, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, not even like that.
Speaker 4: I just mean as far as like what my fans were saying, and like I feel like in the beginning of the Positions of it all, like it kind of was I got a little I'm not going to like use this word and bully, but you know, you know, Yeah, I just got like a little bit of this is not what we want vibes, I think, and I remember that really.
Speaker 5: I'm such a sensitive artist.
Speaker 4: Whatever, Yeah, this is the point you put ours there so that people can tear it apart and do whatever they want with it or celebrated whatever. I understand. I'm very grateful in an acceptance to be here. When I preface this, I need to preface it with that because I know it comes with being an artist, but I also am a cancer and very sensive. So I just remember that really like put me in a cage of like judging every single piece.
Speaker 5: I like scrapped so many things that I was like gonna.
Speaker 4: Put out for it, and now people are just they love it like it's the best thing I'll ever make, And I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 2: How is that fair? Sometimes, especially when they really get worked up in their heads that we're going to get a certain thing and then it's a little different.
Speaker 4: But I love them for it, and it's okay. It it's fine, and it's not mine anymore. And that's the thing that I also have to say, because I am aware it's like a part of it, and I'm grateful for the voices and for the passion I am, I really am you release it and.
Speaker 3: Then of course, and so this is what makes you a true realized artist is that you you You are incredibly emotionally intelligent. You're I think EQ You're You're the highest Einstein. I think that like every artist, not every artist, but like it kind of is this fun little jewel now and everyone on every artists like Crown where it's like, oh you you you put out a body of work that ends up being at the time mischaracterized or misinterpreted, and then over time it develops the patina and people were like, oh my god, this is this was always great.
Speaker 5: It's strange to watch happen.
Speaker 4: It's kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: But I feel like with what you're saying about being an artist, Like, I mean, we've had conversations about this, especially when a Turtle Sunshine came out. We're like, god, this is a really everything is so considered. And I was even watching you do your makeup video for The Boy's Mind and I'm like, and I want it to is the stupidest question, but I have to ask you, okay, because because you're so good at makeup, do you have an interest or have you explored drawing?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you're so dexterous with your like like you you're able to know No, look at me, like.
Speaker 5: Dray draw painting me today.
Speaker 4: He brings out a diesel and some oil paints. I actually I paint. I paint with my dad sometimes, do you like little like paint and SIPs sometimes watercolors? And I painted for Cynthia. Actually I painted a cute little thing of munchkin Land and it's like the tulips with the yellow brick road up the middle, and then there's a little bubble in the sky and there's a green like cloudy behind it and a little tiny little elf and the monkeys behind. So I painted that for her. But I don't have that much time to color a paint side. I don't, but I love to and I'm very creative. My dad is like an artist in every way, graphic designer, photographer, a painter. Yes, and he's super creative in that way. And I thought, that's so nice talk to me about painting coloring.
Speaker 3: Right, that makes sense to me, Like you're with the hands amazing love a coloring book.
Speaker 2: I love a coloring book, especially like when it's a funny concept.
Speaker 5: The one of oz for Cynthia.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the thing is the way I said that. And the thing is is that when you get like a wicked coloring book, like you kind of think like, oh, I know what everything should be, and so then you just do it your own way. Suddenly Alphaba is not green, she's purple for once.
Speaker 4: But my mom recently was like, oh is that a coloring book? Is that she came over and I was like yeah, and she she self proclaims.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't seen one of those.
Speaker 4: Wild but no, she she says she's not like creative and that she doesn't like things like that, but she loves it. And I was like, mommy, you don't need to be you know, creative. She's a business brilliant person. But but she I gave her the colored pencils and the coloring book and she loved it. But also picture the character from SNL and she was coloring so hard.
Speaker 2: She was like, and I was like the reality, Oh yes, would we talk about the story of that?
Speaker 3: And this is why you should like you did not text me a bunch before in the leader like this is thank god you did, because like literally.
Speaker 2: We're helping, right.
Speaker 3: This happened two months before the show, before you came on.
Speaker 4: I was it was it was Labor Day weekend and Hale and my brother in law, Hale's family was visiting, and we had a lovely, fun game day and it was so fun and funny and sweet. And my mom is, by the way, the most generous, kindest, giving person in the entire world. Yes, she is like the hostest with the mostest you will walk in.
Speaker 5: And there are like a million fruit trays and.
Speaker 4: Vegan options for the vegan people being me and Hale only. But even that deserves you know. She wants to take everyone everywhere, and she's just the best. She's the kindest, most generous person in the entire world.
Speaker 2: But competitive, yeah.
Speaker 4: And fiercely protective of her children.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 4: So even if we're playing you know, charades and whatever, you don't fuck around. So this is what happened. And I excused myself immediately to send a voice note to Bow and I said, okay.
Speaker 2: Well there is something brewing here.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're playing, we're playing charades.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 4: Hell's brother, my brother in law's brother, who they're also sweet and amazing, was like.
Speaker 5: I was like ha ha, like we're winning vibes.
Speaker 4: Like that was the extent of it. Was like he was like, wear heads, we're ahead, and my mom goes tiny dick syndrome.
Speaker 5: Huh And I.
Speaker 4: Was like this.
Speaker 2: Tiny dick syndrome.
Speaker 4: Mommy, wait, like that's not funny. I was like, mom, that's intense and harmful. That's like in so intense, and we all were laughing, and of course, like he laughed and everyone was laughing, but she was like, well that's a sign of what that is. And I was like, Mommy, this is insane. And then I started doing it as a bit for Jesse Hill's other brother, and he was like crying tears tears, and like it lasted the whole day. So I was like, well, when we have to do something with this, please, it's just so silly and jaw dropped.
Speaker 3: I was like yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And also we have like a very aggressive game playing family too. I'm like the opposite so where my mom and Frankie and Hale sit on the spectrum of I'm an alien in my family a little bit because I'm like I don't care. I just want to have fun and I want to be there and I'm here for a good time.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I just want to play the game. I'm happy to be there. I don't even know half.
Speaker 2: The rules of just winning be here.
Speaker 5: Being here is a great.
Speaker 4: Time and I and I miss everyone when I'm not home. And you know, this is a great time, not for Hale or my mom. It is real. It's real deal. Hale's a real gamer though. He knows games that no one's ever heard of in the world. He's like a genius nerd person who loves games. And Frankie can't can't lose a game, Mommy can't lose.
Speaker 3: A game because you know what, First of all, they can't lose a game on jock Box.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: A plus plus, I love jock Box. We need to do please, that's what we need to do. We need to do that.
Speaker 4: We need to do jack Box.
Speaker 2: We need to get Jay and a.
Speaker 3: Josh and Air to be this. I see it in my mind.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 5: I love your whole.
Speaker 2: They're the best. They're the best. They really truly are the funniest. Have you seen identical twins? I watched it, watched sticks together.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm obsessed with them. There are Angels from Heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a truly fun game too, because really, who cares if you win? Like, it's fun if you win, but it's really more just about making each other.
Speaker 3: Frankie was about the points that it's always about the points too.
Speaker 5: It was so funny.
Speaker 2: I know what that might be though, because I also am like I'm the oldest and I'm a gay son, So there's that little bit thing of like best little boy in the world. I'm gonna win the game because like, you know, what I'm saying is that might be a thing. You're not really competitive, need to win? No, never, You're really not.
Speaker 4: Can we wait? Sorry, I'm sorry, but speaking of Frankie, can we can we go see Rocky Horror?
Speaker 5: It's still happening?
Speaker 2: Please? How longer is it happening? Happening?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: To night, I'm gonna nice Cabaret. Oh my god, I'm seeing Marty and Cabaret. Jealous. I know. I saw it in the West End with Jake Shears. Oh great, and it was great, and I'm seeing it again. I haven't seen it yet a new I love Cabaret.
Speaker 4: It's one of my good wish Are you coming to the screening tonight.
Speaker 3: I wasn't told the details and so I wasn't playing. I would love to.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you the details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually going to be really fun because it's going to be all the Broadway people. But I was seeing it be.
Speaker 4: Coming with you. We wish we could have boot both at the time. Marty and Cabaret, they're my favorite.
Speaker 2: MC really love that. I cannot wait. What a beautiful person inside and oil absolutely absolute a great when like because you're like a drag Race fan. Yes, you watch every season?
Speaker 4: I watch almost every I mean I try to. Yeah, I'm a big drag Race fan.
Speaker 2: Have you been judged twice for once twice? Season seventees? I remember season seven iconically. That was a really amazing episode the first time you were there, and they did break free at the end.
Speaker 4: I wish I remembered more of that experience.
Speaker 2: Okay, it were great and they did break free and it was Candy Hoe versus who won. I'm not who won the show, but won the lip saying I'm forgetting her name Jars Yes, Jane Door Fears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was crazily The morning after we shot the Bang Bang video and I had no sleep and I came straight there and it was like a full twelve hours.
Speaker 2: It's just surreal thing to me. When we were there. We also had a really good episode, great episode, but it was those were those were long days?
Speaker 4: Your episode?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was beautiful and we got hallucinated by DUA was the and we are screaming the whole time we were. They cut to us and we are living the fantasy because it was Jasmine Kennedy of course, really ripping it up.
Speaker 3: It was that was a great, great, great episode.
Speaker 2: Well we'll figure it out, we'll go see it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Marty, but hold on, we need to talk about something before we move on. I don't think so, honey. And then I can't even.
Speaker 2: Believe we're gonna move on. Why is it? Why could this.
Speaker 4: Give me a little more?
Speaker 2: Of course, hold on, No one has to be.
Speaker 5: Your twenty No one has to be anywhere you.
Speaker 2: Sure are, because this isn't like a press day for you, or is it?
Speaker 5: This is a press day for me? But this is the most important part.
Speaker 2: What else are you doing?
Speaker 4: I do have to leave at three, that's perkay problem. No I hear that it's two twenty. If I can leave my three. We're good.
Speaker 5: I'll be completely early and on time.
Speaker 2: You know what else you need to go see? And you need to go see?
Speaker 4: I know, I know. I mean, that's that's everything I could want for a person. I love this moment for her so much. She is so in her element, so dropped in, so beautiful, so talented. Yes, and I love that the pictures of her and blood at the stage door, It's like, that's me.
Speaker 2: That's a mood.
Speaker 5: That's a mood.
Speaker 2: But I love watching someone you in the Wicked movie. It's like when you watch.
Speaker 5: Someone and you that's where they're supposed to be. How beautiful that is happening.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you right now night of sunset of Art, I sat next to Candy Bursts. Oh my god, the legend like literally star studied. So many people there like sitting there watching her, and I thought, Wow, she is stepping into destiny right now. She's giving one of those performances everyone will always talk about, and it is. It is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's beautiful to see, even like from Afar as a person who hasn't even seen it yet, I'm like, oh, I know exactly what's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to talk about figment.
Speaker 4: Oh, we do need to talk about figment.
Speaker 2: So this this is also another moment where I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're supposed to be in each other's We're supposed.
Speaker 3: To be in each other's lives. And then I also thought, and I did not tell you, I was like, you need to meet my friend Matt Roger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was actually the moment that.
Speaker 2: We need to go to Disney together.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Actually which one? Which one? Okay, I mean, I'm connected, me too, me too? We share that, Yes, we share that, I mean. And also it's where the Tower of Terror?
Speaker 2: And can you speak on this because this is really important because you know this came up with Mariah. We mentioned episode and speak on Tower of Terror speak on Disney.
Speaker 5: WHOA, Okay, I want to speak on the Tower of Terror.
Speaker 4: Yes, start there, because I love, I love and I respect the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I do.
Speaker 4: I think it's a beautiful experience, a beautiful thing, Raccoon. It's impressive, it's amazing. I'm like a big baby group person. Yeah, really cool. I don't remember you know much about her, but I love her.
Speaker 2: Yes, And.
Speaker 5: I just think that it is that that was a zipper.
Speaker 2: That was not a far I'm sorry. There was a noise over there was a noise down there, which could have gone either way now, but it had to be called. No. No, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. No.
Speaker 5: Please, this is yours. I'm in your home.
Speaker 3: No, and you're literally about to meditate on terror.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm glad that happened because something needed to break the tension of what I was feeling inside the tower.
Speaker 2: You're angsty about this because it's an endangered species.
Speaker 4: It's not angst, it's it's dire, desperate, real dexy central to protect and preserve what is the Tower of.
Speaker 2: Tir Yeah, it should be a historical landmark.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And I think it's really important and great that there is the Guardian's Galaxy ride in California. I think that's perfect. And you know Aurora's Castle, keep it all. That's great and I love that that's the first and it's there. Ye when it comes to Florida. When it comes to the Disney in Florida, first of all, we get Cinderella's Castle, which you know, also a landmark.
Speaker 2: She's large and in charge.
Speaker 4: Yes, she is my mom tells us too often that she wants her ashes sprinkled over it, and I'm like, Mom, it's Christmas. Do we have to talk about this right now? It's just like, yeah, you have to make sure that that happens, And I'm like, Mom, I don't want to make sure that that happens. Also, like, I think that's like I think there's like actors back there working and so have you gonna sprinkled on people's heads who are like dressed a stinker bell waiting for their cue.
Speaker 3: Totally, there's like there's like a hotel room in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, there's lots happening back there.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's kind of small, right, I've heard the like, like what you think the experience of saying in that.
Speaker 4: I've been in there?
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 4: I've been in there because I performed at the Castle one time and I got to change in there, which was really cool, and it's really beautiful and it's really it feels very real.
Speaker 2: Do you have a Club thirty three membership? I don't, but you've been in.
Speaker 4: I've been there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been through.
Speaker 2: I've been through.
Speaker 4: I've been through.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it feels a little extreme to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure you do, you do, you have somehow gotten in.
Speaker 4: But do you have a thing.
Speaker 2: I am like the kind of mental illness where it's like I will one day sure, like I have a stick disease that no one can figure out what it is, where like I will go there, something happens to what do you do it?
Speaker 5: I'll do it.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 2: Put us on the list whoever the powers that.
Speaker 5: We have to make that happen.
Speaker 4: Keep talking, No, I just I think it's actually one of the most important things. It's art that it's day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. Did you ever tell ari about when we had to be evacuated It broke on us the tower literally a metric ton of edible. What did we do?
Speaker 4: My goodness?
Speaker 3: And it broke down, and it broke down, not like as you're about.
Speaker 2: To go in when she goes forward, she goes forward. It broke down.
Speaker 3: That's so scary, and we were stoned out of our gorge, being like, yo, is this happening.
Speaker 4: It's not fair, that's not good.
Speaker 2: We were between worlds, were like between the world, and so what they ended up doing was someone kind of comes in out.
Speaker 3: Of the shadows, out of the proscenium to get hot.
Speaker 5: Wait, how did they get in there?
Speaker 2: So I hate an illusion being shattered, I know, but it was kind of fascinating because they go, you guys need to get up, walk into the twilight zone and step out through the exit door.
Speaker 3: Take a real elevator down.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: Where the exit door is.
Speaker 2: We're not going to tell you. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: Really crazy? I'm so glad that you're safe and that it was fine.
Speaker 2: I hope one day you experienced this.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know where the exit is.
Speaker 2: I don't like when I like breaking news. Have you been down there to do the Guardians roller coaster in Epcot?
Speaker 4: Amazing another that's what it should be. Yeah, close, that's what it should be. That's incredible. And the music is different every time.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's just fabulous when Conga plays crazy, crazy crazy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely So glad you brought that up because I was going to.
Speaker 2: Bring it up so you this was funny. So we go. We ended up going a bunch of times and I was like, God, I wish it was Conga And they go, they say that it's going to happen in two things, and they can put you on the train for conga and we did it and it was the best. And then what was it that you want?
Speaker 3: I really wanted tears for fears. Everybody wants to rule, right, and we never got it.
Speaker 2: They couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 5: No problem, and well we'll have to go again.
Speaker 2: We'll have to go again.
Speaker 3: On set on Wicked, there's a sculpted sort of thing, a gigantic sculpted Jeff, a thing of Jeff Goldlands the Wizard.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you.
Speaker 4: Remember when we discovered his head and we didn't know about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, And then I remember, I remember, I have pictures of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we were going for a walk. We were going for a walk talking about life.
Speaker 3: And then we must we happen upon this gigantic face of Jeff jo face.
Speaker 5: And we were like, dear god, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Basically a two story tall sculpted face mask of Jeff gold Bloom, and we're like, wow, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: And then it's in the mood. It serves a.
Speaker 4: Purpose, Yes, it serves a beautiful purpose, but we just had no idea. We were so disarmed by it.
Speaker 2: Yes, this figment, no figment.
Speaker 5: But in a way.
Speaker 4: One day we were on set, we were ont and and we were just like.
Speaker 2: Talking about our favorite.
Speaker 4: Said you undertourney into the imagination. Yes, because we were like, oh my gosh, like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: We had said, oh my gosh, you know who I love that figment that my guy. No, get up, girl down. Wait no, here, here's here's the actual question I need answered absolutely right now. If they were to add one of your songs to Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 5: You don't want They don't have to do that because.
Speaker 2: I want it. Why is it into you? Why is it into you? Can you imagine? So it would be gagging.
Speaker 4: You're like, I would love to ride the ghost in Guardians or the Galaxy ghost in.
Speaker 2: No. I was watching for some reason. Sometimes as I want to do I'll watch like old clips of the voice. Yeah, would you ever go back and do that again? And do you think you mostly did it because the chair spun.
Speaker 4: So No, but it was a perk.
Speaker 2: It was a good perk.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's so crazy.
Speaker 5: It is really fun. You have to get you have to go do it.
Speaker 2: At some point, I have to hit the button.
Speaker 4: It's really fun. It's really fun. I got so emotionally attached to everyone. That's my problem. I can't really do that because I really get in I really get in there with everyone, and I love everyone so much. I love meeting people, and I felt so invested and I still do. Like I see them all on Instagram, and I yes, I mean not, I've been busy. I haven't really been in touch with anyone, but I love them and I'm in touch with them on Instagram. Like I like their posts, I see their things, I see what they're up to. Bell ahead of Baby, Sasha's putting out solo music, Sasha of Jim and Sasha and you know, I mean like he sent me his project last year and he's so talented, and so I'm still in touch with some of them, but I it's just like I get very involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also like for a non competitive person, like the rest of those judges were really competitive, Like Kelly is really competitive.
Speaker 4: I love her.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Number one, that is she's the best in the world.
Speaker 2: Is she the best singer in the world. I think it could be key, it could be a thing. She's unbelievable, just wild.
Speaker 4: She really is one of the greatest vocalists that there ever husband ever.
Speaker 2: So you being like, you know, like young when she was on American Idol. Was that like a trip for you? Like, I wonder, like when you meet these people that are like, you know now your peers, well, it feels probably odd to say you as someone who's like a really reverent like respector of these vocal legends like now to hear them, just to be able to engage with them, Like right, where how do you approach to that?
Speaker 4: I mean, so many things that have come to be in my life feel like such a dream, Like I can't really fathom a lot of things, you know, even getting to know Image and Heap just kind of meeting her was one of the best things that has ever happened ever. You know. I was so in shock and all the first time I went to go meet her, I thought it was being catfished.
Speaker 5: Wow, I didn't really think it was going to be her. I was really scared.
Speaker 4: And then I got kind of like lost in the woods and I was like, this is it. I'm done, well the journey there. I'm not gonna like, I'm not gonna like drop I'm not going to drop the location Emmy's house.
Speaker 2: In the Polkon.
Speaker 4: But it really is a trip. I just feel so deeply grateful because so much of the art that I have loved, I've developed an interesting relationship with or artists that I've loved, and you know when they say don't meet your idols, I've had so many positive experiences of that and I'm so grateful for that. You know.
Speaker 3: Can I share what the moment was that I got to win us a view meeting Stevie next. Yeah, it was for promo on Thursday, and she.
Speaker 4: Had written me a letter a few years ago, so we had spoken in contact.
Speaker 5: We had spoken once before, but we had never met.
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, and ari and I were already on the floor just like giggling, being stupid, and then they bring Stevie on and I just kind of immediately need to back away. And she took Arii's hands and was like, I have to tell you that I loved your video.
Speaker 2: For a week. Can't be friends.
Speaker 3: It reminded me of so many people that I have come across.
Speaker 2: In my life, probably Lindsay Buckingham.
Speaker 3: Sure, totally and like for whatever the song means, like for her.
Speaker 4: To oh it's not just a real moment. I couldn't I couldn't believe anything. She's so kind and so cool and so beautiful. I can't I can't really get over what that was like, spending those few days together and sharing a space with her. Just such a warm, beautiful, good witch in every sense, you know, you know, just overly generous, like overly friendly, overly kind. And I don't know, I feel like I love meeting people and talking, but sometimes I can go and stay overstay my welcome.
Speaker 5: I feel it.
Speaker 4: And I felt like I like I wasn't doing that. She's wanted to keep going with me, and I was like, oh my goodness, we're both going and going and going, and she's such a just a sweet, kind, kind energy, and I just I couldn't wrap my head around it.
Speaker 2: What she's offering right now too with this new song. Like I was watching an interview with her a couple of days ago, and you know, the song is about like women like acting right now and like you know, voting and fighting the fight, like and really making sure that we don't lose rights. And but she was really talking about it in a way of like service and she's like she said this line in this interview where she was like I was given this gift and I'm doing my job she's like, I'm out here, and you get the sense that it's just like, you know, she didn't have to do Saturday Night Live. No, you know what I mean. I would imagine that's a pretty daunting thing to be asked. And she spoke on how nervous she was, but you get the sense that she's like, no, hear this song. I'm being given this opportunity. I have this to offer. And she kept saying like, you know, I tell a good story, so I'm gonna go out there and tell the story. And it was just like there was like a selfless like artists mentality that she so clearly had and has had.
Speaker 4: There's work to be done and I'm gonna do it. Yeah, she's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a serviceability and what she does that she knows about.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'm gonna like be the vehicle for this message. That's God. I just love her. I loved seeing you guys together.
Speaker 4: It felt really special.
Speaker 2: Yeah the BT, yes, I love because I remember we got to be on the floor for at just seventeen and so there was a moment where for some reason they had to hold it back for a second, like I guess maybe some commercial was going too long or whatever, and there was a moment, but I was watching you guys interact with each other and like have a moment of play in that oh yeah, And I was like, this is very It's like obviously a cool live TV moment like where they get to count down a few different times, but just watching you guys together was really fun.
Speaker 4: It was really people kind of looked at each other and we were like yeah, and it was very sweet. And you know when when live things like that are happening, it's everyone gets a little like nervous, and we felt like the audience get a little tense too, so we started doing like a bit with them too.
Speaker 2: It was really fun to play her in a biopic.
Speaker 4: Oh why.
Speaker 2: If that not not to be like that should happen in the way that you can cut it if you.
Speaker 4: Want, but you could, Oh my goodness, there are so many girlies that would be perfect for that.
Speaker 2: Well I'm just saying you remember one of the girlies.
Speaker 4: Should play Stevie. Oh you go, No one can do Stevie minutes.
Speaker 2: It's like when Fantasia played herself. Absolutely remember that. It was years ago. Fantasia played herself and her own biopic for lifetime. Yes, yes, genius, Yeah, it could happen more.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when Share played everyone in west Side Story Side Story?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Iconic fabulous.
Speaker 2: You could pull that off.
Speaker 4: That's really that's really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I want to know what that meeting was.
Speaker 2: You think it was just one meeting? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: With our final twenty minutes, let's cross into I don't think so honey, because I don't think. Money always pvokes conversation, and I want to leave room for it. So I don't think so honey. Is our sixty second segment where we all rant, rail and rave against something in culture that just bothers us and we It's a cathartic moment and we're all going to be made better for it. I have something that I'd like to do. I don't really have, like, I haven't planned anything out of just have my emotions on this thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, This is Matt Rogers. I don't think so honey. As time starts, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so honey, Klamari? Can I ask you a genuine question? Who actually cares? I? Do you actually care about Kalamara? You think that you I don't think so, honey, that it's ever different one place to the other. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good appetizer. There's no versatility. And if you get into being versatile with your calamari, what's gonna happen is it's not fried. Then it's just like what boiled calamari? Sure, I'm sorry, but it's boring. It's boring the things we can do with other appetizers. Look at my girl wings. You can have a lemon pepper, you can have a buffalo, you can have a barbecue. And I've only listed three. I don't have time to list the rest. But what I'm saying is the versatility. Now I hear you at home, Matt, what about buffalo klamari? You have a point fifteen seconds but you don't see it. You don't hear about it. Calamari physics something that's on the table constantly. And I'm like, that's great, but are we just not using our imaginations By Brussels sprouts on the table as an appetizer, I'm saying it, but heat is nodding, And I want to say, let's get more creative with appetizers. Seafood restaurants I'm looking at you, like, come on, let's get the raw bar together.
Speaker 3: That's quite enough. That's one minute.
Speaker 2: Well, I just feel I don't think anyone agrees with me.
Speaker 4: See I agree, I don't think. I mean, but I also never had it. I don't want to eat them.
Speaker 2: You don't want to eat them.
Speaker 4: I don't want to eat them.
Speaker 5: I think it's better for the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear that deeply.
Speaker 5: But to each their own, to each their own.
Speaker 2: Because you're right, it is better for the world. I mean, when Natalie Portman came out with that documentary that was did you ever watch her doc No Eating Animals? That was what it was called, And it was so crazy to watch her due press for it because she was like, listen, my documentary does talk about how it's much much better for the world for us to not do it. But I'm not telling you not to. I'm just here with my documentary. Yeah, and like, watch it or don't. This is the choice I made for myself. But I don't that you're wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm just right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just right.
Speaker 3: Which is a vibews can be true, Yeah, two things can be true.
Speaker 2: It's not that you're wrong. I'm just right. Right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm right and you might be wrong. I'm big and you're small. What's that round trunch bull? The legend's name trunch crunch bowl.
Speaker 4: I have a question. Yeah, should my thing be about my the Tower of Terror?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yes, yes, hold on, when I get it, do you want to go in that pull it up?
Speaker 3: I just I do want to say. I want to push back and say that you cannot say that anyone who likes Klamari is not is unimaginative when it comes to appetizers.
Speaker 2: I just think that you're there.
Speaker 3: All the sauces you named for wings can easily be slathered onto, but you don't want to talk about it like that. I'm just offering up my my rebuttal. That's all you are, Queen. I love Calamary.
Speaker 5: Have you ever watched the like my best friend.
Speaker 4: The Octopus Octimus Teacher Teacher, that's what it's called for dads for sure.
Speaker 2: My dad loves that.
Speaker 4: For dads and me.
Speaker 2: Dad, you know what I've said, like four times Blackfish. Yeah, that watch doesn't stay with you after mental illness that no one can tell me what it is. The things I do Twitter will tell you come on one day. They all came from me. They were like Matt has adhd and I was like stop and then I was now, I'm like, I do.
Speaker 4: They tell me?
Speaker 5: I have a lot of things God, And you know I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: I'm joking. You're actually invasive and scary.
Speaker 2: I look at them like, what do I say? I write that down? That down?
Speaker 5: Know, just wrong and loud and.
Speaker 2: Wrong and loud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's toxic.
Speaker 2: Ready to be right in loud? Yeah yeah, So here comes Bowen Yang. By the way, I was showing Ari the intermediate playlist, this is.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: Okay, so bow and Yang locked loaded, ready to rip, roar and ride. I don't think so, honey. Time starts now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so honey, Ginger. I don't like the way you're shaped. I go to the grocery store. You're you're shaped like branched dicks. And I don't like how you slice into it and you leave it on the counter and it becomes stringy. And then Nigella loss And describes ginger as having a spicy warmth. I go, shut up, it is it doesn't do anything. When was the last time a ginger shot kept you from having a cold?
Speaker 2: Me? Yeah, damn it. It is it is. It is not pulling its weight anymore. Ginger. You think it's the placebo, y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you for a fact, it is not actually doing anything. You're you're eating something spicy and gross and it's not actually good anymore. And Ginger has making all these can is now that make make you feel like you're supposed to be healthy. No, I don't think somebody ginger, you're shaped weird. I don't think we're ever supposed to have eaten you. We're supposed to letting you grow in the ground and take roots. That's one meant to be buried. Look at the faces of your friends.
Speaker 2: They're laughing. They're laughing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't have been a us.
Speaker 2: I think they're laughing at us. If you're laughing at us, say whoa, oh no, no, thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you God, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I think, well now we're both embarrassed. You stand by your calamari. I don't think soonny, this is a disaster.
Speaker 2: Ginger.
Speaker 4: Ginger is fabulous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always thought so until I used it for a dish yesterday and I went, what was the dish?
Speaker 2: A curry?
Speaker 4: It belongs it has to be in curry doesn't.
Speaker 3: It You would think too much, well much too much?
Speaker 2: Did you just put too much in?
Speaker 3: That's on Ginger, that can happen, that's Inger, much.
Speaker 4: Like Starnice has a big presence, sucks up all the space in the room. Certain flavors really can't be You can't share a dish with them.
Speaker 5: I think they're very self conscious about it.
Speaker 4: I think Starnesse comes into the room and is like, Hi, hey, I'm sorry, it's.
Speaker 5: Going to see and claries like fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't think people know you as a culinary icon. You are has it been something you're holding back from the world?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I don't think I'm a culinary icon.
Speaker 4: I'll say Jada is shook.
Speaker 2: Jada is shaking. I do like to don't you feel Jada shaking? I think Jadas is shaking. What does Jonda delient just have anything to do with? I think Joda Delarentis is watching this right now being like, fuck, Marianna is good as she's coming from me cooking. She's cooking now.
Speaker 4: I am cooking. I am cooking. I like to cook.
Speaker 5: I do you think that's enough of that?
Speaker 4: I don't think there's life there. I don't think that's interesting or adds value to this podcast, asked a ship, Am I going to sit here and talk about like roasting mushrooms for the next ten minutes?
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's amazing. Tell more about that, honestly, anyone like King.
Speaker 5: Oyster trumpet, like the trumpet ones, the.
Speaker 2: Trumpet mushrooms, the trumpet ones, I do like those.
Speaker 5: There's so many different ways you can work those, guys.
Speaker 2: You know, so many differents you can work.
Speaker 4: Crazy, especially something that looks as falic as it does so many but you can make them into little like you can make them into scallops if you just all tell them like that, or you can chop themisast like make them in their little chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to take her to Brooklyn Crab. Yeah, the restaurant in Red Hook. You can't take me, you.
Speaker 5: Drink, I can have the sides.
Speaker 4: That's the one thing you really get to know, this sides queen. It's like kind of the Saudi's finish? Is it in butter? You got to ask, don't you know?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of I told you.
Speaker 5: That wasn't going to go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Serving up a dish here it is? So are you ready? Because oh yes, so this is the moment, and it feels like you've now thought.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't know what I was going to do, but I feel like now that we've talked about it.
Speaker 5: I should use my letter.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now is the time use the letter. It's time for everyone to hear the letter. This is a gand times, so this is gonna be a different take. And I don't think sowney. This is an historical artifact. It's a written document that really serves as an I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Honey, and here we go, here we go. This is Ariana Grande's I don't think so, honey. Her time starts now.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, honey. The guardians of the Galaxy ride in Disneyland, California, No offense said with much love and respect, an open letter to Disney World, Orlando.
Speaker 5: Hello, I hope this finds you well. My name is Ariana Grande.
Speaker 4: I've been a frequent visitor and a great admirer of your park since I can remember. Some of my fond is the Professional Memories have been collaborating on my cover of Allan Makin and David Zipple's tremendous hit Zero to Hero and performing in front of Cinderella's Castle along a magnificent choir that you so graciously provided. Further, some of my oldest and warmest personal memories include spotting hidden mickeys across the parks, driving up from Boca on the weekends, counting the purple signs, knowing we were nearing your parks, and alas Dot da data Dot doa dat riding the absolute masterpiece that is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror for the first time once I was finally tall enough. Perhaps this message comes prematurely, but I would be remiss if I did not reach out with a potential matter of grave concern in the wake of the most recent alterations that have befallen your historic Pulse Park in California. Yes, I am referring to the calamitous loss slash makeover of the Tower of Terror. Ride here, I humbly implore you to not follow suit. Please allow the iconic and tremendous Tower of Terror to stand tall permanently in the name of historical preservation, spooky honor, and good old fashioned fun. I hope that you'll consider this humble plea from a passionate fan and my way over while asking that my own pastn't devoted fans signed the attached change dot org petition just in case. I never posted this, but I really wanted to me and that's one minute best. My best friend Aaron and I worked on this together during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: You can tell it went through drafts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, the votecab yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah you and did they so you never sent it?
Speaker 4: No, I never posted it, but I was ready, but it felt like there were more important things going on in the world, so I didn't. I don't know, this was really up there. I'm kidding is here's the thing, like joking, but it's not a joke.
Speaker 2: You know. I once created a change dot org petition for Disney World and it actually got a lot of signature. Really was I did not want them to make Donald Trump in the Hall of Presidents.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, this would be ridiculous, and they did do it. And then they did.
Speaker 4: Oh they put them there.
Speaker 2: That's so famously they what you know what I'm going to say. So they started to make a Hillary animatronic because everyone was so positive. So when you go down to if you ever go to the Hall of Presidents and you see the Donald Trump atamatronic, he kind of has Hillary's face.
Speaker 5: No, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about exactly what I said, Oriana, I'm talking about exactly what. But literally he's got the face shape. You can confirm this, right, So he's he's gone her face. I can't say anymore. Well, I'll post it. But like I did a change dot org and it did some numbers.
Speaker 3: And we will and we will post the change dot org petition that you're referring to.
Speaker 5: You know what, I I don't want to rock the boat.
Speaker 2: That's it. This is a duty. The boat rocked as it is.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I say goodbye.
Speaker 2: Why was this so good? I literally I had been waiting.
Speaker 5: To meet you every finally met I know.
Speaker 2: And also I felt like it was the Essenal after party and it was so there was so much going on. I literally like.
Speaker 4: You had a glow around you, you had a halo around you coming towards me, and it felt like an angel descended from the heavens. I was literally like this person, wait, I literally because we have a messaged and I know you and we know now. Yeah, absolutely, but I was just I told Boone, I was like, oh my goodness, he has such a disarmingly warm energy.
Speaker 5: I am so obsessed with him.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I felt like I was like I was like meeting Ari and so it was just like I like, I give her a hug, and I'm like, I just want to say that, you know, And I started to like, I was like, I have this conversation with her later about how meaningful it is to me that you were there for him when he was going through things, and I just like, I've like, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I just always felt very connected to you because I could tell that my friend had a friend. So anyway, that's how I feel about that. And you just are such a sensation in this movie and in everything you do, and we love you.
Speaker 3: We knew you used to sing for good.
Speaker 5: I'm need to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was off of that. I'm glad that's tracks it does. We actually had it.
Speaker 3: We had we had it together there for a while. We had a great rendition.
Speaker 4: There was once a video of us, Like, I feel like I have seen it, but I want I want to see it in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we gotta do it. We'll do it soon. Well, there's Sunday. But it's so emotional to get through. Oh, forget about for Good. That must have been crazy shooting that.
Speaker 4: I was hovering outside my body for two weeks. And also we shot it on a rain cover day, so it wasn't even supposed to be When we were shooting. It got you, which I loved because I love not over rehearsing or knowing fully. You know, when you know the girls, you can just jump in and do it, but you know it's fine, and we just were. It was a lot we had to do. Movie two's going to be a lot. We're not allowed to talk about it much, but I just will say it's going to feel different.
Speaker 2: Than every one.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Everyone that was like it should be one movie, Like you're gonna feel silly, you know.
Speaker 4: I think you understand once you see it that there's just simply too much. There's too much to get through that deserves and needs to be honored and explored and fully fully represented. We got one shot to make these movies until they remake it and you know and whatever. Yeah, but we had to get it right. There's so much story that deserves the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You are brilliant. I love you both so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for loving me.
Speaker 4: This was so much fun.
Speaker 2: We end every episode with this song, switching the positions for you indroom not you not knowing it in front of her.
Speaker 4: I know it's a strange key.
Speaker 2: We're done fine.
Speaker 3: Last Culture Racist is the production by Will Harreld's Big Money Players and I Heard Radio.
Speaker 2: Podcasts created and hosted by Matt Rodgers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Anna Hasnier and Hans Soni, produced by.
Speaker 3: Beck Ramos, edited mixed by Doug bamim Anika Bord and our.
Speaker 2: Music is by Henk. Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers letting you know.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album Have You Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot.
Speaker 2: Matt Rodgers Official dot com. See me in a city near you