Speaker 1: De Jontay Murray, DeMar DeRozan, Bruce Brown, Bucks, Mavericks, Lakers players, teams, all the trade talk we can stuff into an episode. All that's next here on the latest edition of This League Uncut. Welcome to This League Uncut.
Speaker 2: In you rule of twenty four hour NBA news, this news you love, Chris Haynes, it's go time, work's time, it's some time.
Speaker 1: This League Uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one. Everyone. Welcome in to the latest edition of This League Uncut. Chris Haynes and me Mark Stein. Recording late on Monday night, which means we basically have two days and change to go until the NBA trade deadline. The buzzer sounds at three pm Eastern Time on Thursday afternoon, so indeed, two days and change to go for the remainder of NBA trade season. And I'm guessing this is math that you guys really don't want to hear, but I feel compelled to repeat it because I do think it's important for context. We've had six trades already during the season. You expand that number to eight if you want to include Damian Lillard getting traded to Milwaukee right before the start of the season, and the Blazers turning right around and trading Drew Holliday to Boston. So six to eight trades already in season. That's quite a bit of action. But look, I know how this works. If we don't have something significant this week, everyone is going to say this trade deadline sucked, it was a dud. There was nothing, And like, no, I can't say there was nothing. Think about it. Just since September, we've seen Damian Lillard traded, Drew Holiday traded, James Harden traded on Halloween, Toronto traded Ogannanobi and Pascal Siakam. We saw Terry Rozier move, and we've seen quite a bit of action. But Chris Haynes, you know the masses and look us two in the media. Everybody loves the transaction game. We always want more, We always want maximum trade activity. So I got to ask you what kind of week you foresee. I think we're gonna get trades. For sure, there will be multiple trades this week. I have absolutely no doubt about that. I just don't know that we're going to see another star level, former All Star player move. De Jontay Murray to me in Atlanta is probably the best possibility, but things have certainly cooled on the Dejonte Murray front, and I don't know if there's enough time for them to spark up. Zach Lavine is another former All Star who obviously is now not getting traded after opting for season ending foot surgery. So I just don't know if we're going to see a real headline move. But you tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: You know, Stin, I would tend to agree with you on just on how many more trades we have left. I do think they will be a few trades left. I'm not sure it will feature a All Star big name. The John Tay Murray is still a name that could be moved. But you know, we're not hearing anything of significant substance leading up to February to a you know, Zach Levine obviously that him opting for surgery kind of removes him from the market. You know, there wasn't much of a market for him in the first place. But don you know, it's really a coincidence. And I haven't checked up on this. I haven't looked into this, I haven't asked around, So I'm not trying to make any connections, but you know, mighty coincidence that you know opts for surgery right now with the deadline coming up.
Speaker 1: Well, even if you're not trying to make that connection, there are certainly people asking the question. I don't have the answer either, but the question is out there. Did Zach Lavine opt for this surgery now to ensure that the Detroit Pistons back all the way from the table here because Detroit was that was the one team that was engaged with Chicago to some degree. So I think the question is at least out there at some level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mighty coincidence. But yeah, there will be I think there will be some trades. I think there will be some. Bruce Brown is still a name that I think would likely be moved before the deadline. I'm here in New York. I have the I got Tuesday, I got the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks. The Brooklyn Nets have a couple of wing players that intriguing. A lot of teams out there that's gunning for a title shot. Durian Finny Smith, Royce O'Neill, a couple of guys who intrigued. You know, there's a lot of teams looking for wing defenders, and so Brooklyn. I think Brooklyn is asking for for those For those players, Brooklyn believes that they can get a first round pick from teams. So yeah, it might not be big, splashy moves coming up, but they depending on the team, they could be moves that might have a significant that might play a significant factor in the postseason, in the regular season stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So with Dejontay Murray, we know the Hawks. We remember they gave up three firsts and a first round swap to get him from San Antonio. The Hawks are not going to get that much back when they trade de Jontay Murray, but they want to do They want to get as close as they can to that. So the talk has been for a while now that Atlanta's hoping for two firsts and a player of quality in return for de Jontay Murray, and to this point that offer has not materialized. So the big question here is two days and change to go, is that market going to change? Is someone going to step up and give Atlanta two firsts for de Jonte Murray. You still hear the Nets with some interest, but I'm not sure the Nets are prepared to go that far. I'm still trying to get a clear handle on that, but I think the nets are still in there to some degree. I think, you know, I reported over a week ago now that the Lakers and Hawks, the dialogue between the teams had tailed off considerably, and one source at the time, this was late January, one source briefed on the talks, one as far as telling me that they thought it was unrealistic for a Murray to Lakers scenario to materialize. And again, things can change fast. When the Lakers and Hawks have talked as much as they have to this point, it only takes one phone call to get that sparked up again. But I do think it's instructive to remember that Atlanta had John Collins on the trade block for literally four deadlines. Four So it is by no means inconceivable that after all of this Dejonte Murray talk that we've been engaged in for a month now, it's not inconceivable that Atlanta would say, you know what, We're gonna wait Because to me, de Jontay Murray and Kyle Kuzman and Washington they strike me as two players that you would classify as difference makers who are theoretically in play this week and at least could be moved this week, because we could come up with a much longer list of players who won't be traded this week, like you're Jeremy Grants or your Lowry markinins, or you're Donovan Mitchell's, you're Jared Allens. None of those guys are getting moved this week. But is it a Murray trade possible? Yes? Is a Kuzma trade possible? Yes? However, both the Hawks and the Wizards are extremely motivated to maximize the draft capital they get back in a trade. If Atlanta's given up to Jontay Murray this week, they want at least two firsts, and I believe the Wizards still want at least two firsts if they can do something with Kuzma, especially in Washington, because remember Washington traded Bradley Beal and Christops Porzingis without getting an outright first in either trade. This is all a long winded way of me trying to say de Jontey Murray's contract one fourteen million over four years. Kyle Kuzma's contract ninety million over four years, descending from twenty five million in year one to nineteen million in year four, those contracts will still have value at the draft in the summer beyond. Those teams do not have to trade him this week. There is a case to be made, both for the Hawks with Murray and for the Wizards with Kuzma. There is a case to be made that, you know what, wait till June. There might be more first round draft picks in play in June at draft time than there is right now. Bobby Marks from ESPN had the amazing stat the other day that eleven teams control seventy five percent of the tradeable picks in the coming June draft. It's just manufacturing first round picks right now is not easy, and Toronto is finding that out. You mentioned Bruce Brown. The Raptors made their trade. They sent Siakam to Indiana in mid January. Part of the reason they did it was because they wanted to get Bruce Brown as early as they could and give themselves as much runway to try to trade Bruce Brown for another first round pick, and so the Raptors could say we got four firsts for Siakam instead of just three. But you know, they're down to two plus days to get that done. The Raptors do not yet have the first round pick that they've been trying to get for Bruce Brown. Not easy to do in this marketplace.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to the Hawks, you know, I said, I believe it was last week or two weeks ago. You know how the Hawks they don't feel any urgency of making a Jante Murray deal at the deadline. They feel mighty comfortable keeping them going through the season and reassessing over the summer and seeing if there is a stockpow of first rounds out there available to be had. At that point where you see teams like, you know, just just throw the Los Angeles Lakers who have been tied to the jihnte as well, like, how desperate, how more desperate will they be if their season doesn't end, you know, end up the way that I'll just say this the way Lebron James wants it to end. You know, you have to think about what moves will he ask to be made, or he don't even have to ask what type of mood will he be in? Which will lead to the Lakers going out there and trying to see what can be done and getting other teams involved to try to to satisfy the Atlanta Hawks for a package that would include de Jhonta. So you know, another thing with the Hawks as well, is that you you reminded everybody about how long John Collins was on the market. It seemed like for four straight summers. He was on the market during the summer trade deadlines and they kept them. But this is a new regime, you know, this is Landry Fields in charge, but the ownership group still holds a heavy hand. And so you wonder if Landy will be that, if he's willing to go that route. I don't know, but you know, it seemed just just from what little I'm hearing on substance, I just say, right now, it's not looking it's not looking like as of right now, we record this with Monday, February fifth, Monday night. If you ask me if Murray's going to be traded by tomorrow, No, and which would lead me to think that I don't know if anything can pick up by the end. It could. All it takes is one folk call to start changing the situation. But you know it's the heat is not as burning as what it was a month ago, even a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: One team, I think a lot of people are curious about is Chicago and what the Bulls might do. Obviously, a Levigne trade now is unrealistic in the extreme, in the wake of him announcing that he's going for season ending foot surgery. I would say in recent days, the chatter about the Bulls has been Andre Drummond is the most likely current Bowl to be moved. I think that's the way most rival front offices see it. And there is a lot of demand for Drummond. I mean, who doesn't need another big man if you have playoff aspirations in a league where Nikola Jokic's team they're the reigning champions. Drummond has very quietly had a very productive season in terms of rebounding in short minutes for the Bulls, So I don't think Chicago will have any trouble moving him for some draft capital. And this is hilarious, folks. While we're literally while we're taping this episode, Chris Haynes just tweeted that Tyrese Maxi will be competing in the three point contest at All Star Weekend in Indianapolis, looking away from the screen, ignoring producer Ryan and I as I'm rambling on here about Andre Drummond. But now that you've put that tweet out, I guess I can get around to my long winded question. You know the Bulls, well, you know DeMar DeRozan. Well, what DeMar Derozen is headed for free agency? Could that be one of the surprises this week, that out of the blue something happens where Chicago trades DeMar Derozen. It certainly doesn't sound like that's in the ether. But I know that you know Damar in his situation pretty well, So give me your forecast on DeRozan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I'm hearing is that I'm not hearing really anything on a DeMar DeRozan trade front, which leads me to believe he will be kept through the deadline, and I would think that both sides will get back to the table and start trying to talk about an extension. You know, the Bulls and Tomorrow's and his agent, Aaron Goodwin, they had some they had some contact early on in the season. Both sides are far apart and that still is the case. But I think past the deadline they'll get back to the table see if anything can be hammered out, Because, as you mentioned, steinmar DeRozan will be an unrestricted free agent and they can risk losing him for nothing. I don't know. I don't know that they want to put themselves in that situation. I don't know that. You know, there are plenty of teams who have done it, have surprised us and went along and let a big fish just leave. But yeah, I think they will get back to the table at some point and see what can be done from there. But yeah, no, I don't foresee it, Jamar. The rolls and trade occurring.
Speaker 1: Man, the bulls are fascinating. Like their strategy what they are so hard to figure out? Man, they came into the seat. We've been hearing about potential Levine trade since November, and obviously, look, the market wasn't there in today's NBA with the first apron and the second apron and the tax consequences for teams that have high pay rolls. I mean, that's just gonna limit the kind of trade market there is for a player like Zach Lavine. Who if you've already got two max players and he's your third guy, I mean, you are just setting yourself up for an incredibly expensive payroll to bring him in, and that certainly limited the trade options but I just I don't know if we would have gone back to opening night when remember the Bulls were reputed to have a player's only meeting on opening nights. I just don't I was there. I don't know. I don't know what the Vegas odds would have been on Opening night that after that team meeting, that Levine and de Rosen and Vucevic, that they're all in Chicago after the trade deadline. I'm not smart enough to know what the odds would have been. But that's uh. That seem like.
Speaker 2: I got a question to posed for you that did not seem like the likes of scenario. The likely scenario would have been that we thought that Chicago would blow it up. So my question to you is Levine, at the time when all this is going down, Levine, at the time we thought had a trade market. We thought, you know, DeMar DeRozan, would you know be able to hit the market. He would have trade value as well as vou Do you feel like Chicago down too long and you know past their time? Do you think they played this right?
Speaker 1: Where are they going? Where is this team going? Like if you re signed to Margaret Roseen, I mean, this team has been scuffling for a playing spot all season long. I just you know. I mean the silver lining to the season is what Kobe White has become with Levine out. Kobe White has looked fantastic, But I don't know what the end goal is. They still draw fantastically well. But where is this team in the East? Where is this team going? I would love to have I would love to tell you that I have a handle on their long term strategy, but I do not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what we've we've been trying to gauge for this this first half of the season. Is what are they doing?
Speaker 1: Let's stay in the Central Division. Because earlier on Monday, I reported that there have been some exploratory talks between the Bucks and the Mavericks that would have featured Bobby Portis in exchange for Grant Williams. After my story published, I subsequently heard that Milwaukee would not be willing to do that as a one for one exchange, which does work salary cap wise, but Milwaukee would not do that trade unless there was more in it for them. I was told that that particular trade conversation would not progress to something serious without some additional names added. But look What it did underline is what I think you've been reporting as loudly as anyone in the league, how aggressive the Bucks are trying to find players who can help them defensively. The appeal there would be Grant Williams a disappointing first season in Dallas. Grant Williams, as a versatile defender, can guard a lot of positions, and Milwaukee's interested him naturally would stem from the fact that they need to improve on the defensive end and Williams could theoretically help them there. But we know the Bucks are trying a lot of things, and the reality is they can't do anything substantial salary wise unless they're willing to part with Bobby Portis and or Pat Conaton. So because they're obviously they're they're they're not. They're trying to strengthen the core around their four main guys we know, Jannis Dame, Chris Middleton, Brook Lopez. Nothing is happening with those four guys, but just the Bucks continue to be described to.
Speaker 2: Me as.
Speaker 1: Super, super aggressive. I cross paths with them in Dallas on Saturday night, and even though they came back from twenty five in Dallas and one there was an unmistakable. There's something going to happen with these guys. Vibe. When I was around that team.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. What was it like being a runner of team Start? Well, you got you got them, you got them in Dallas and then they went and laid the egg the next day.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it just it just felt me like something, some something's gonna happen there. There is going to be at least one move between now and Thursday at three pm Eastern, and I think I think they know it. I think they know something is coming.
Speaker 2: Well on something else. Sticking with the Bucks, Stein, you reported it, You reported it, but we'll lay it on here. What is Doc? What is Doc planning on doing? Because I believe Doc is one in three as a head coach of the Bucks right now, but he is going to represent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what it looks. Just to be clear, like so before the game, I had a chance to interview Doc Rivers, and the full interview it's a short inter but he actually we got into some pretty good stuff just about his return to coaching and championships and everything. That discussion will run on my Saturday radio show. But it's like Doc didn't walk into the Building announcing his plan to relinquish his All Star coaching share. I asked him. I asked him about it. He was responding to my question about it, because the Bucks came into that Saturday night game against Dallas needing a win to clinch the All Star coaching spot, because of course, the Celtics lead the East, but Joe Mizzoula and his staff they went to the All Star Game last season, so they're not eligible to do it this season. So the Bucks came to Dallas on Saturday night knowing that a win would send their coaching staff to the All Star Game. And I asked Doc about it before the game, and he was very sheepish about it. He said it's ridiculous and he doesn't feel good about it. And he actually told me again you'll hear the whole interview on my Saturday radio show. He told me that he asked the league, can I not do this. I've only coached this team three or four games. He doesn't feel right being the All Star coach. And the league told him, Doc, here, if the Bucks clinched the second best record in the East, you will be coaching. You will be coaching the East All Stars. So Doc Rivers will be there, but the coaching share and the all star ring he is going to make sure that Adrian Griffin gets those. But I think again, I think people reacted to it like Doc walked in, you know, announcing this plan for effect, and no I asked him about it. And postgame the Bucks won, so obviously he was asked about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm glad you set that straight, starn So. Bucks right now going through a tough period, adjustment period. I think we're seeing Doc Rivers starting to, piece by piece implement his own schemes. And you know, he implemented a defensive scheme that worked on Dallas, particularly on Luca down the stretch. One thing I want to know, You know, Dame was questionable for that last game at Utah. Didn't play well at all. His ankle, his ankle was he was questionable with an ankle injury. He shouldn't have played. He probably you shouldn't have played. You know that what I was told that that ankle, it was bothering him. So we'll see how he moves forward with that injury in the games ahead. I'm not ready to report on if he's going to miss miss any games right now, But I just wanted to just say that, you know, that's an ankle injury he's dealing with. That just came up recently.
Speaker 1: What about the three point contest. I thought your guy Dame was he won it last year, And remember he did an interview with us the morning of the three point contest when this league uncut was just in its infancy stages. Dame goes out wins the three point contest and I thought that that was going to be the last time we saw him on the three point stage. And then last week you reported that he's he's back in to defend his title. What happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was shocked, as you are. Stein. You know, he said that was it. He wanted to win, and he even said it after he won the three point contests himself that this was his last hurrah. He wanted to win a championship. Now he has it. That's something that he holds in high regard when you think about the best three point shoes in his game. To have won that, to won that trophy that was supposed to be it, I don't know what got him back in. I don't know if it's the just the chance to come to defend the title. I don't know. I have no clue, but he's in it, and not just that Stein see Stein, Dame has some good mojo. Came on our show day of three point contest, won it. Then you know our guy Malik Beasley. I want to say, was he the first player we had? Was he was?
Speaker 1: I have to say? When the Bucks? When the Bucks were in Dallas on Saturday night? One hand, I know you gave me very specific instructions to make sure that I speak with Dame while he was in town. And somehow you know the MAVs arena that's like my house, like I pretty much know every entryway, exit way. I have to admit to you. Somehow postgame, Damian Lillard eluded me. I never got near him the whole night. I don't know how he escaped me, but I did not see him at all. But more than once, I know how you.
Speaker 2: Could have Gattle Stein, Stein, I know how you could have got him.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't help me, now, why didn't you tell me? Then?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you when I go to Dallas. I know how you could have got him if you would have went in the locker room. Stein, How about that? Go with the locker room, Stein, because I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want if I'm in the locker room, then I lose my little hallway tricks. That's the he's he's So.
Speaker 2: This is this is a side joke.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: When I'm in Dallas, I always tell Stean Stein, come in to the locker room. Maybe come in locker room. No, I want to stay in the hallway. I see everybody come and leave here or no, I know what I'm like, stin since at least come in the locker room. Get to know some of these young guys, you know what I mean, Like let them see a face. Because a lot of these guys too that you don't think know you, they know you by listen to this.
Speaker 1: If you you were in Dallas, if you were in Dallas for a Dame game, obviously I'm going with you in there. But no, like I said, I perch in my I'm I'm in my little spot up spot. And I never imagine that Dame would find a way to the bus without me noticing. But he did. He did. He got away from me. But that was all long winded way of saying that. As I was watching Malik Beasley play, yes, I could not forget that. You you know, he is another player who has a he has a spot in the Haines pantheon and the distinction of being the first guest, the first player guest in the history.
Speaker 2: Of this show. Yeah yeah, and that was and so at that time he was with the Jazz Correct and he was this was a few weeks before he got traded traded, Yeah yeah. And at that time he was pleading to be in a three point contest, then didn't make it. So he does a one he does my br Live show comes on, same thing, Please to be in the three point contest, and now Stein he's invited, He's invited. Malik Beasley will be in a three point contest. Him and Dame have been talking trash all season about who's gonna win, who's gonna get the better of who. Malik Beasley shooting the lights out percentage wise for the Bucks this season. So you know you got in this, in this in this contest. You know, I reported it imported one let me see was it last week? I put it? Jalen Brunson is going to be in it. I just reported during this podcast that Tyrese Maxi is going to be in it. Donovan Mitchell. There's somebody else out there that I'm missing, but I think there's about once one more spot left out there. You know it's Stephen Curry going to do it. We know he has his own personal three point contests going up against Sabrina. But will he entered the big thing. I would tend to think so, but you know, I'm not sure. Tyre's Halliburton is another guy that's in Laurie Marknen.
Speaker 1: This is this is not tweet worthy for you. But I can also now confirm that I will indeed be in Indianapolis. I have finally arranged it. It is set, and I will be there too, hopefully make my way into the Chris Haynes orbit. Chris Haynes, folks, he's got a stacked work schedule Friday and Saturday of All Star Weekend, but Sunday before the big game, before he starts doing his various red carpet appearances and interviews in the hallway with various All Stars. I am going to do my best to pull Chris away from the madness, and we are we are going to get at least one episode of this league uncut done on All Star soil. That is going to happen now because I will indeed be that.
Speaker 2: That's a big time that's big time Stein and Indianapolis, that definitely is tweet worthy right there. Stein, first of all, happy to have you. Indianapolis and the NBA in the league. I'm pretty sure they're happy to have you.
Speaker 1: They've been up late at night wondering if I was gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it's All Star Weekend without you. But with that being said, Stein, with that being said, like King has walked viewers through like what is your doing All Star Weekend? Like what do you like? Because I have as I've gotten older, you know, as you know, you probably get these invites to come to this shoe like Nike may hold something, a Das may hold something. Then you have these different agencies they'll hold an event, and I would my first. These last couple of years, Steinn, I've tailed off a little bit, like I minimize my plate because I have a lot more of a workload, you know, with T and T having to Actually I'm working the Rising Stars game, then I'm working the HBCU Classic on Saturday on the sidelines for that, and then I'm doing interviews during Saturday night events, the dunk contests and all that. So I'm pretty busy, so I had to kind of scale down like all the off court activities that I will usually go to. So Stein, what do you do all Star weekend? What do you prepare for just in and covering the event and also take trying to take in what you can while you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is going to surprise you zero percent. But agency party Agency parties not a high priority on my list. High priority on my list in Indianapolis is I got to get into sant elmos Steakhouse at least twice before I leave town. That is a very high priority, right.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: But in all seriousness, what I'm probably look, I always want to try to get to the Tech Summit on Friday morning because there are just a slew of heavy hitters from all over the sports world. So I hope my schedule will allow for that. But honestly, I think what I'm most excited about is my dear friends from Panini Trading Cards and Collectibles. They sponsor my weekly radio show in Dallas. They are based in Dallas, and this year I didn't even realize it until the league started announcing all the participants for the Friday night game. Panini is the title sponsor for the Rising Stars Challenge, which has twenty eight guys first year players, second year players, guys from the G League, including Mac McClung, who we will see defending his slam Dunk championship in Indianapolis after he told me earlier in the season that he was still thinking about it, deliberating about it. So I'm super excited to see all my Panini pals and get with them and see if they can help me get to some of these younger guys that you are always telling me I need to do a better job of trying to connect with. So hopefully with an assist from my dear friends from Panini, I'm going to meet a few more of these younger competitors in the Rising Stars field and like here, you know, in all seriousness, Indianapolis is one of my favorite cities on the NBA map. I always love going there, and from the moment this All Star Game was awarded to Indy, I've been trying to find a way to get myself there and I'm just relieved in the end that I did come up with a way. But look, if we really want to go inside baseball here. I mean, I'm not going to lie to you. The All Star Game. My last four years at ESPN, I covered the All Star Game for ESPN Radio. ESPN Radio's All Star broadcast team gets the exact same access as the TNT squad. It's Chris Haynes level access. When you have that level of access to the All Star Game when you are on floor level, and then when you lose that and try to go back to the quote real world is very very hard. So I admittedly struggle with that because I remember how good I used to have it those you know, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, was it? Yeah, four at least four years, maybe five. And I also in twenty nineteen when I was at the New York Time Times, I got to pinch hit for a weekend and spend that whole weekend in Charlotte with the ESPN Radio. So doing covering the All Star Game at floor level is such an intoxicating experience, which is what you get to do. Once you've done it at that level, it is really hard to just go back up one hundred rows and be nowhere near the court. So I'm giving you the I'm giving you the reel there, man, that that's the real deal.
Speaker 2: So you're spoiled, spoiled.
Speaker 1: I was spoiled. I mean I think my last I think in that Charlotte All Star game. I mean I was on All Stars Saturday night. I basically got to sit right behind the bench. So when you're that, when you're that close, I mean it's uh, I mean you know you'll be down there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, So Stein, real quick, you were talking about the Rising Stars? What does the Rising Stars consist of? What do you have to be? Again?
Speaker 1: I think, Look, I don't I don't even know all the rules exactly, but basically there's twenty eight players. I think they divided into four teams of seven.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yep, what company? Like, what are the qualifications? Yeah, I am hold on, but I want to get I want to get I'm getting this something here. What are qualifications of competing in this Rising Stars game?
Speaker 1: You're a first year player, second year player, or a G leaguer?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm glad you mentioned that. Do you know that's this is Scoot Henderson's third time Yeah, being the Stars game. Don't you know he will most likely be there for a fourth time next year, and that's how many years can you be a rising star?
Speaker 1: That will be a record that's never broken.
Speaker 2: He's a rising star vet, you know, four it's gonna be four years, two years as a gen leaguer.
Speaker 1: You're covering it, right, I'm gonna ask him about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm asking about that. I'm like, I'm like, hold on, you have the most experienced at anybody here, Like, do you have any experience too, you know, to pass down to your other rookies, other fellow first or sophomore freshman of sophomore players here. You know, I'm joking here, but yeah, I forgot about Like this was Scoop's third and he's wife is going to get a fourth next year. Then he'll be done. I don't think. I don't think you get a red shirt or extra year. I don't know if he can do that, but four years is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Four is enough. Four is enough college. But there's no such thing as enough Chris Haynes. So get ready, America because All Star Weekend.
Speaker 2: Wife will say, All Star Weekend, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna see a lot of them. All right, let's put a bow on this edition of this league. Uncut. We really didn't get to the Lakers and their trade deadline machinations, but something tells me that when we RecA later this week, we will be talking about the Lakers plenty, whether they do or don't make a trade, because obviously all of that factors into the Lebron James calculus with what happens with Lebron after the season and his player option. And remember, as Chris Haynes has already explained to our audience, he's in New York all week. He's on the TNT sidelines Tuesday night for Mavericks at nets Kyrie Irving's return to Brooklyn, and then he will stay in New York to stay dialed in on this trade deadline. And Chris and I will get together again this week for at least one more podcast. Remember, as always, please follow the show, rate the show, review the show, Spotify, Apple, wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us as always, and be powers. Chris and I back together again with you very very take care everybody, and that'll do it for us, See you next time. This League and Cutta is an iHeartRadio production puck a lock up Chris Hanes and Mark Stein