Speaker 1: Hey guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll access to our full shows, unedited, ad free and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, Happy Wednesday, Welcome to Breaking Points.
Speaker 4: So it's just going to say we are in the habit of saying welcome to Counterpoints, but this is not breaking Points.
Speaker 5: It's all Breaking Points.
Speaker 6: Where you're going to create a little artificial scarcity around the show Counterpoints to increase its value over time.
Speaker 5: No one knows what these mugs will go for in ten years.
Speaker 6: Actually you can still get them, but there only might only be like eleven left. So you go into the old Breaking Points shop, you're going to find Points mugs, which doesn't make any sense, which.
Speaker 3: Is why we're kind of letting them all together. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: So we're going to start by talking about this across the board pause on student FEESUS that Marco, Rubio and Trump announced yesterday. Then we're going to get into the horrific debacle yesterday, the predictable debacle that was the attempt by this Israeli US quote unquote humanitarian organization to deliver aid. We'll talk about whether or not it was this was exactly as expected and intended, and what it means going forward. The images that came out of this are going to be indelible, I think, an indelible stain on the US and Israel's approach to the region. Kamala to Palestadians, Kamala Harris hit the speaking tour, but privately some of it leaked, Yeah, some.
Speaker 5: Of it leaked.
Speaker 3: Are fun.
Speaker 4: She was at the Australian real Estate conference getting paid presumably, so we have.
Speaker 6: Least no, no, that's a pro bono one for she just loves the Australian real estate industry.
Speaker 5: It's a deep passion of hers.
Speaker 3: Yes, who's not passionate about that.
Speaker 6: We cannot not talk about Jordan Peterson agreeing to be one Christian debating twenty like twenty year old atheists, perfect and emerging completely eviscerated.
Speaker 4: But also getting the video title changed. We'll get into all of it.
Speaker 3: You've lost a debate so badly they had to change the video title.
Speaker 4: It goes about as you would expect it to go. So we will have some really fun clips from that. And then we're going to be talking about Trump's pardoning spree over the last couple of days. Not only the Chrisly family, which was announced yesterday, so Todd and Julie Christly from the reality show Chrisly Knows Best. Trump said he was pardoning them yesterday in the Oval Office, but a couple of other pretty interesting pardons Ryan just in recent days, a sheriff and a nursing home executive.
Speaker 5: Looks a little suspicious, to say the least.
Speaker 6: And then we're going to be We're going to finish by interviewing an official from the energy industry, and not just the clean energy industry.
Speaker 3: This is the dirty energy industry.
Speaker 6: Although his company tries to make the dirty the fossil fuel industry a little bit cleaner. He's going to talk about the industries to react the energy industry across the board's reaction to Trump's big brutal bill, big beautiful bill, whatever you want to call it, brutal, big brutal bill, because it's not just clean energy that it takes a sledgehammer to the entire energy production infrastructure.
Speaker 3: Across the board.
Speaker 6: Is getting whacked by this bill to the point where Exon mobil is like, wait a minute, what are you doing this?
Speaker 3: This is really bad.
Speaker 4: And lastly, on that, speaking of the Big Beautiful Bill, Elon Musk is making an even we'll say harsher break with.
Speaker 5: Diversion, the trumpet illustration.
Speaker 4: He's going to be on CBS Sunday Morning this week, and so teasers that have been really least show him saying that he fleshes out his point about how the Big Beautiful spending bill undermines Doge. He's recently said he feels like the Trump administrations or that Doge became the Trump Administration's whipping boys.
Speaker 5: So we will have some updates on that front as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of sad that the moment that Musk says something decent is also the moment that he's totally lost all his juice.
Speaker 5: You're about to buy more tuslas again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, and long testlas all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Well, let's start with the news about student visas. We can go ahead and rule this first element. Secretary of State Marco Rubio was in a cabinet meeting with President Trump yesterday and a cable had leaked saying that the administration was pausing student visas as it prepared a social media vetting system. And we've covered news about the social media vetting system here. You've probably seen this in the student visa controversies that you know, the administration was citing social media posts, but also was citing it's new efforts to do mass data scrapes for these social media posts. It appears that this is culminating in what is a it's said to be a temporary pause in all student visas. There are more than a million students on student visas as of this school year. So here Secretary of State Rubio explaining the policy yesterday at the White House.
Speaker 7: So when we identify lunatics like these, we take away their student visa. No one's entitled to a student visa. The press cover student visas like there's some sort of birthright. Now, a student visas like me inviting you into my home. If you come into my home and put all kinds of crap on my couch, I'm going to kick you out of my house. And so you know, that's what we're doing with our country thanks to the President.
Speaker 4: All right, Ryan, So again, more than a million students that are going to be affected, thirty percent of Harvard roughly. We have Trump talking about this as well, but we can put the tear sheet up on before we get to Trump.
Speaker 5: This is a two an Axios story on.
Speaker 4: The policy, but it is about thirty percent of Harvard students. Some schools have massive foreign student and populations for reasons we can get into. They can pay generally full tuition, so it's helpful on that front. But also we've long been a magnet, obviously for the world's top talent.
Speaker 5: American higher education has.
Speaker 4: Now people don't always stay here, but many do and a lot of you know, great American companies were founded through people who came here for school and state and then created some amazing stuff in the United States. Here's Donald Trump from over the weekend talking about student visas.
Speaker 5: This is a three.
Speaker 8: Part of the problem with Harvard is that they're about thirty one percent, almost thirty one percent of foreigners coming to Harvard. We give them billions of dollars, which is ridiculous. We do grants which are probably not going to be doing much grants anymore to Harvard, but there are thirty one percent, but they refuse to tell us who the people are. We want to know who the people. Now, a lot of the foreign students we wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Have a problem with.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to have a problem with forign students, but it shouldn't be thirty one percent. There's too much because we have Americans that want to go there and the places, and they can't go there because you get thirty one percent foreign Now, no foreign government contributes money to Harvard.
Speaker 9: We do, so why are they doing so many?
Speaker 5: Number one?
Speaker 8: Number two, we want a list of those foreign students and we'll find out whether or not they're okay.
Speaker 5: Many will be okay.
Speaker 8: I assume, and I assume with Harvard many will be read.
Speaker 4: And lastly, let's past this clip of an international student at Harvard discussing the climate for international students.
Speaker 10: Right now, there are very few international students who are even willing to speak to the media who are willing to, you know, just posted something on social media or participate at a protest, because we've seen people have had their visas. We vote for that reason, but also some examples of students who have been snatched off the street and put in detention centers in Louisiana. What the Trump administration is doing right now is a full scale attack on free speech in this country, and you know, we simply have to resist it, and we have to fight it with whatever it means possible.
Speaker 11: Given that climate that you describe and the persecution of some universities, would you feel confident would you be allowed to go on and maybe study a post doctoral at another university?
Speaker 10: I mean, I honestly don't know. I'm very happy that I've made a decision to leave the country and that I don't have to live with this uncertainty, and I know that's how many international students are feeling right now.
Speaker 11: So what would be your advice for people who might be watching you were thinking about a degree in the United States.
Speaker 10: I think it's incredibly hard because I've had such a great experience here and these have been the best four years of my life. So it would break my heart to tell anyone to not apply to Harvard or any other institution in the US. But frankly, I do understand that people I think twice about coming here, because why would you apply to a university in America if you don't even know whether you will be able to finish your degree, if you can't study what you want, if you can't speak out about political issues because you're afraid that you might be put in at detention center and deported, then I truly understand why people are worried.
Speaker 4: So the Trump comments, and that comes from that student, came in response to, obviously the administration's decision to prevent Harvard from accepting foreign students period that happened.
Speaker 5: We covered that on last Friday Show.
Speaker 4: But that was a decision that came last week from Christy Nome technically because DHS oversees a vetting process and they say Harvard is not complying with the vetting process, and then made a list of pretty wild demands, intentionally wild demands that Harvard wouldn't be able to meet about foreign students, and Harvard obtained a restraining order in court shortly after the administration came down with that decision.
Speaker 5: So Ryan. Right now, we don't have a lot.
Speaker 4: Of details about what this would look like, but it almost certainly is about Israel, because that's everything I've seen so far, the vetting Rubio.
Speaker 6: Rubio was putting it in the same framework. Yes that look, it's a privilege to come here as a student. But basically he's saying, if you're going to protest Israel and we don't want then we don't want you in the in the country. Now that the thing he said right after that clip, He's like, like my wife and I want to announce something. What he says is he's just so proud that University of Florida's basketball team won a championship. Two of their five starters are on student visas, one from Nigeria, one from Australia. The Australian is it's pulled himself out of the NBA Draft. It's going to look Alex Connon is going to go back to Florida, he said, Now maybe he won't. He's all right, forget it. I guess I'm going to go mail. I'll play in the NBA. If I'm not welcome here, I guess I'll go play in another professional basketball league.
Speaker 3: Somewhere else and make much less money though.
Speaker 4: Either that all of the athletes first and be like green light, you guys are fine, or they will just not even ever look at the athletes social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, joe El Embiid, you know he's you know, he's from Africa at some French citizenship. The French wanted him to play the Olympics for them, but he wouldn't because he didn't like France's kind of colonial approach to Africa?
Speaker 3: Are we okay with that? Like tell us what tell us what you're allowed to say about foreign countries?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: And we have no idea how they are.
Speaker 6: You can criticize France, right, I assume, oh, they're a very close ally of ours. But you so you can just make a list what are the countries you can't criticize because you can criticize the United States?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: That's okay? Is and it is it Israel and d or is it just Israel?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Why don't we have Israel do the vetting?
Speaker 6: Like why are US taxpayers funding all of the kind of social media research to find out if these seventeen year old said anything positive about Palestinians When it's for the benefit of Israel. Israel has all of this cyber tech. Just let just let Israel run our state department and run our DHS, like, and they can tell us who's allowed to come in the country. Like, why are we paying for that? It's we send them. We'll send them money anyway, So I guess we're still paying for it. Never mind, I thought I was trying to help us. I can't figure it out.
Speaker 4: It's like in theory, I actually am not at all opposed the idea.
Speaker 6: I mean, so what this is of the US vetting its students based on what they think about Israel.
Speaker 5: No, I'm very opposed to that.
Speaker 3: I'm not no, no, no.
Speaker 4: In theory, I'm not opposed to the idea of saying, okay, we should have a social media check of whether or not people are openly saying like Chrystal and I interviewed this guy, Mama Dutal from Ornell and if he went and went back and looked at his social media as he was applying, he was talking about how awful the American Empire is, et cetera, et cetera. And but fine, that's a perfectly fair free speech argument to make. But is that someone you prioritize over another person who maybe actually.
Speaker 5: Loves the United States, wants the United States to.
Speaker 4: Be better and is like deeply passionate about are a lot of people like that, and a lot of them come over on student feesas and have great lives and productive lives in the United States of America and do make the country better. So I don't I'm not like in theory a posts. So maybe we should be checking what people who have social media are saying in the context.
Speaker 5: But what we have zero idea.
Speaker 4: From the State Department right now about what they're looking for. And our best guest, our best guest, based on the framing that Secretary Rubio adopted, as you said there, Ryan, and how they've been doing this so far, is that they're looking for op eds like the mesa Os turks op ed for the tough student newspaper that was promoting a BDS policy at.
Speaker 3: Her school which passed like the Senate.
Speaker 6: It was so Romesa wrote was one of four authors supporting a Senate campus Senate resolution that said something about Israel, which passed like And I don't know if you've ever been involved with like student governance like to get some like, yeah, they're to the left of the average, like town council. But to get them all together to agree to a resolution, it's not going to be like fire and brimstone. And so she was the op ed that she got jailed for passed the student Senate. It passed anyway, completely ridiculous. So what else on this, Well, we don't know.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing is we don't know how temporary the pause is because as we're sitting here right now, this could apply to millions of people for years to come. It could last a month, and that's the thing with the Trump administration. It could last a month, and it could be screening for like in theory, it could last a month, and it could be screening for genuine terrorists or loss sympathety, yeah, which they should be doing. Or or it could be treating people like the administration treated is osterk And we really don't know, and it could be doing that indefinitely because right now it's his temporary pause. So this could mean the next three years of the Trump administration there's a de facto ban on student.
Speaker 5: Visas, or it could mean a month from now.
Speaker 4: They have their social media policies in place, and they're stringently applying them and you know, screening for people who are pro Palestine, but it's not a de facto ban for the next three years. It's hard to say, but given how they've handled cases like Ousters, they.
Speaker 5: Don't really get the benefit of the doubt on them.
Speaker 6: Let's take Trump's argument, and this might be something that we disagree on. You know, he says the problem here is that you know, the taxpayers fund these universities, and the American taxpayers then aren't able to benefit fully from these universities because they are taking in x percentage of What I would say is, you know a couple things on this. First, if his issue is actually accessed to colleges and universities. One, something like more than a dozen colleges and universities went under last year and the year before, and we're in a crisis of colleges and universities going under, like they're going bankrupt, so there's fewer places for people to go.
Speaker 5: Your alma mater struggles with that.
Speaker 6: Saint Mary's College of Maryland, they're doing okay. I mean, they're a state school. A lot of the it's more private universities like the smaller private universities are going.
Speaker 5: Under even state schools are having enrollment.
Speaker 6: Yes, and there's an enrollment problem because of birth rates like there was, there's a baby bust that is now starting to move in to university.
Speaker 3: So it's it's causing a huge problem for them.
Speaker 6: And now you're going to say that, let's say foreign students can't come either. On the question of the taxpayer funding, yes, like taxpayers are funding these colleges and universities.
Speaker 3: Harvard gets a lot of money.
Speaker 6: The money that the Trump administration is cutting off from Harvard is specifically earmarked for grants and research because it is one of the great research universities in the history of the world, four hundred year old university. It produces research in all varieties of fields that is then beneficial to the entire world. So it's not that we are subsidizing the foreign students tuition.
Speaker 3: It's the opposite.
Speaker 6: The foreign students, for the most part, are coming with grants from their home countries. So it's not true that no foreign countries are funding Harvard, because there are grants coming.
Speaker 5: From these subsidizing tuition.
Speaker 6: Subsidizing tuition here, or these are the wealthier kids from around the world.
Speaker 3: Who are paying the sticker price at Harvard.
Speaker 4: Which is often not meritocratic to be fair, I mean, a lot of those kids are buying their way into this.
Speaker 3: Same with the American kids who get yeah there.
Speaker 4: But it does undermine the argument that everyone who's coming from and I just said this because I do believe this to be true, but that we're a magnet for the top, top, top talent. Sometimes there are foreign students who are buying their seats at these universities too.
Speaker 3: Right, But that's our system.
Speaker 6: We are not a meritocracy, like we are a place where you can buy your way to the top.
Speaker 5: Although we're more of a meritography. We can say we're a meritocracy. I mean it's it's a lot worse elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Maybe in any event, they're they're not morods, Like you have to pass a certain threshold and lots of these lots of people passed a certain threshold. And then yeah, a lot of these foreign students are are they're gonna they're gonna pay the full freight, They're going to subsidize it. So I would also let's say, let's take Disney World, for example, gets enormous amounts of tax paramoney enormous. In fact, De Santas tried to take someone look what happened to him.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, we actually he won that the Ready Creek thing, and.
Speaker 6: Not really and they still get enormous amounts of tax breaks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's absolutely true.
Speaker 6: When you go to disney World or Disneyland, you're going to see enormous numbers of foreigners there. It is annoying to stand in long lines and a lot of the people in front of you in the line are foreign. So wouldn't it make just as much sense, by which I mean zero sense at all for Donald Trump to say Americans pay to support disney World and so therefore Americans should be the only ones that get to go to Disney World. That's where his logic takes you. And you might be watching this and be like, yeah, that's fair, I agree with it. If so, you are a moron like that's crazy, because what you are saying is that we should not be a great country. We should not be a country that people want to come to. We should be a country where if you're a very good basketball player, you hope that you get recruited and go to Lithuania rather than being a great Lithuanian player and get recruited and come to the United States. You are welcome to be one of those countries. You can be an average or below average country where people want to leave. That's a choice that is available to the United States, which is currently heading towards that on purpose. So congratulations, you can have shorter lines at Disney World. But just play that out. What's going to happen.
Speaker 4: So maybe we do disagree a little bit because I think there's a long overdue renegotiation of the relationship between the federal government and higher education. And maybe this is actually more of a middle ground than a disagreement, because I don't agree with all the particulars of how it could play out. I don't know how they actually intend to play it out. And that's a problem with a lot of their policies, is that they're intentionally messing around.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, And the thing that makes me angry is that they have me sitting here defending Harvard. Like if they want to take three billion dollars away from Harvard for its research grants and give it to the fifty state schools, like the flagship states schools around the country, be my guest, please do that would be amazing.
Speaker 3: You know, screw Harvard. I'm not here defending Harvard.
Speaker 6: The idea that you're going to take that money out and then you're going to do a seven point five trillion dollar tax cut for the rich like that is suicidal.
Speaker 4: Well, they're also doing endowment taxes that have higher education freaked out.
Speaker 5: So Harvard is.
Speaker 4: A fifty billion dollar endowment and their money is absolutely fungible. And I do think that a lot of these schools coast off. The largest of.
Speaker 6: Taxing dollary gives the University of Michigan, Wisconsin, tradeskab College of Maryland.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, you're right with the trade schools.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which is something that Trump sort of was trolling with Harvard as well.
Speaker 6: But to destroy Harvard just so you can do tax cuts is suicidal. Or just to destroy it just to destroy it for the sake of Israeli uh propaganda.
Speaker 4: Hell right, for the sake of like our Middle East policy, whatever that is according to them and according to him ever takes over. By the way, which is part of the that the Obama administration was seen as egregeous by conservatives is that they were using the strings attached to federal funding to coerce different policies out of Title nine. And it was just happened in dear colleague letters, so like little missives from the Secretary of Education that could be fired off at a moment's notice, And Conservatives were really opposed to doing that because it was this expansion of Title nine policy from Washington, DC that affected every different school. So I think there's some of that to be opposed to and to not have double standards. I think absolutely there's some of that going on here. I do, though, generally think some of this money is the same way I feel about a lot of the cabinet agencies. I do think if you're there are strings attached to public money. And I don't have a problem with the duly elected president and his administration saying that there are strings attached to the money. But they should also realize that it's a mutually beneficial arrangement for a reason. And the mutually beneficial part of that still Harvard acting badly doesn't mean the entire arrangement is a disaster in and of itself.
Speaker 6: And what's their big complaint that they did that they didn't arrest more student protesters.
Speaker 3: I mean not that it depends on your four hundred year old university, right, It.
Speaker 4: Depends on who you're talking to. I mean, if you're talking to Alan Dershowitz, that's probably it.
Speaker 6: If they did a three hundred page report, there was somebody who said that, you know, once they were posting on Instagram that they were supportive of Israel, some of their friends ghosted them like that, like that that type of complaint and that literal complaint like made it into this like report on anti Semitism. And so if we just pull enough research grants from Harvard, like we will you know, pressure people to go on walks with their friends who support genocide. Like like, hey, look, you said you would go on a walk Tuesday morning, and I showed up. You weren't even there. I just had to walk by myself.
Speaker 5: I think it.
Speaker 4: Depends what you're talking to. For some people, they would basically be in that camp as.
Speaker 6: You just spont to whoever you ghosted your friends, Now you destroyed Harvard, well done.
Speaker 3: All you had to do was just like not talk about the genocide.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, that's.
Speaker 6: What they were trying to do, by the way, just not talking with the genocide bid, like just being like, you know what, this is your thing. You support this, I don't, So let's just not be friends. That is apparently bigotry. I mean that needs the state to intervene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean I could go to well.
Speaker 3: Trump will not countenance such ghosting.
Speaker 5: He would never treat a friend.
Speaker 3: No, he would not.
Speaker 5: But it depends what you're talking to you.
Speaker 4: If you're talking to some people, then yes they would say something along those lines. You're talking to other people, they would cite Aaron Sibarium's, you know, a couple of year record of excellent reporting on how Harvard's DEI policies have genuinely eroded what was already in a roded system of meritocracy at Harvard.
Speaker 5: And there's some really legitimate stuff to.
Speaker 4: Take issue with their This is if this is the pressure campaign lasts for a week, then it lasts for a week. If this lasts for three years and is an indefinite pause on student visas not just at Harvard but basically everywhere, I mean legally, except.
Speaker 6: Just replacing DEI with one marginalized group, yes, supporters of Israel, not even Jewish students. Because if you're a Jewish student who opposes the genocide, then you are bad and big at it at.
Speaker 3: H the only so it's de i.
Speaker 6: But for supporters of Israel, unapologetic supporters of.
Speaker 5: Israel, we'll see how it's implemented.
Speaker 4: Many such cases, as Donald Trump would say about his early policies. In fact, a Financial Times columnist, did you see this coin to the term taco. Trump always chickens out on on tariffs, and it's just these policies. It's the Jackson Pollock approach to guidence. You just actually he's making this, you know, mess and hoping that it turns out right.
Speaker 6: This briefing that Rubio or Rubio is going on about this coming as Trump was chickening out on European.
Speaker 4: Literally yes, in the middle of the cabinet meeting where he.
Speaker 5: Backed off the fifty percent.
Speaker 3: Ran.
Speaker 4: Let's move on to Gaza. A lot of updates from the Middle East. Let's start by playing b One and Ryan. Maybe you can describe a little bit of what we're seeing on the screen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So this organization absurdly named the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation, which is which according to the Arii Lipede. You know, foreign Prime Minister of Israel is funded by Israel. It's a kind of a joint the US Israeli organization which is trying to supplant Unrede, the World Food Program and all the other humanitarian aid organizations that bring in assistance. What they did is they flipped delivery of humanitarian aid on its head, like the way that the established organizations do it to make sure that they don't get food riots is that you need to kind of you need to flood the area with aid, and you need to have it decentralized at lots of different places, and you need to have it near where people are so that it's as convenient as possible and you have as short lines as possible, because you don't want hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands.
Speaker 3: Is definitely not hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 6: Of people who are haven't eaten for long stort and an had a good meal probably in twenty months. You don't want them all congregating around this one particular area. But the GHF is not designed to efficiently distribute humanitarian aid. Its design is explicitly for depopulating Northern Gaza. Like Yahoo has set out loud that the goal of this organization is to entice Palestinians into the south of Gaza into particular areas where they have to then present their ideas and lead their homes, at which point they will not be allowed to return to their homes. Like he has said this out loud, this is not leaked audio. Like he's been very clear that that's the goal of this. So therefore they set up just four distribution centers for two million people who haven't you know, had aid distributed since March second, and they set up you saw that. You saw that zigzag barbed wire fence.
Speaker 3: They set that.
Speaker 6: They set that like corral up as as their way because they understood that there would be large desperate crowds there. Of course, that did not hold people back. People had to walk ten fifteen kilometers to get to this place as well, which immediately means who are you going to get like the people who are in the best possible shape, not great shape, but the best possible shape. If you're desperately malnourished, you can't walk fifteen kilometers through the sun to get to this place. And so then so the desert people broke through the fence. Apache hell, as you saw in the video, there a patchy helicopters.
Speaker 3: Like start firing on the crowd.
Speaker 6: Nobody was killed, thankfully, but it was it was a complete catastrophe.
Speaker 3: Then what people got.
Speaker 6: Were these little boxes that had flour, dried pasta, and some dried beans.
Speaker 3: Now think about that.
Speaker 6: What it's better than having nothing in your hands, but what do you need to take that to something edible like water and an energy source which you're also extremely hard to come by. Deliberately so, humanitarian aid organizations were saying this is deeply inappropriate, Like this is not the thing you would give to malnourished people. First of all, it's not the kind of nourishment that you need. Like there are very particular types of food packages that you could give to people who haven't had a decent meal for two months and that that need to recover their health a little bit pasta, beans and rice and like that. That's that's not it. And you don't want to give somebody something that needs to be cooked with clean water and heat if they don't have clean water and heat. Of course, though that that assumes that any of this is on the up and up, which they have acknowledged it is not. It is about at the cleansing is about It's about deepop It's about depopulism. Depopulation, uh, the other concern that Palestinians had and which was born out immediately. It is reported by my colleague Jeremy Scalhegn put this third element up on the screen. This is a statement from Aamawi who from the Gaza relief committees where he's if if you're watching this, you can pause and read it. But basically what he's describing is that is is the situation, uh that I just described. Amawi also reported and these are the details of it. Amawi also reported that there are reports of people and they were directly involved with this, who went to get.
Speaker 3: The aid, you know, to give their idea run.
Speaker 6: Their name gets run through there and the guy gets snatched.
Speaker 3: A family then gets a phone call.
Speaker 6: From this guy saying I've been snatched. They they want me to ask you. This is so now we're two degrees of separation away. They want me to ask you about this other person that they're asking about that's a member of this other families you know out outer orbit, they said, and they say, and they tell them like, we haven't seen this guy since the beginning of this war. Now Presumably this is somebody that Israel's looking for. Presume like let's say somebody in Hamas or a fighter or some other resistance group. Like that's the assumption, because you know, you can't find the guy, you ask his relatives, can't find the relatives, you ask the relatives friends, and then so there, so they snatched the guy, extored him, uh, just to try to find somebody three or four degrees removed from him.
Speaker 3: And he's like, that's all I can do.
Speaker 6: Like they said, they haven't seen him, you know, in this long and they're on the phone with him. They're like, Okay, come with us, and they just arrest him and detain. You know, we don't know if he's still alive. We don't know if he if he's if he's been tortured, or what kind of abuse he's suffered at their hands. And this is violates one of the top principles of a humanitarian aid organization, which is neutrality, that the aid is not a weapon in pursuit of like Hamas figures who are three or four degrees connected.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know who they were looking for.
Speaker 6: We don't know, but let's assume it was that like, that's not what an aid organization is supposed to be doing.
Speaker 4: And so this has exploded predictably into an international controversy.
Speaker 5: Ongoing international controversy. Let's roll. I'm going to skip ahead here to be five.
Speaker 4: This is a clip of Press Secretary for the State's Department, Tammy Bruce, responding to questions yesterday.
Speaker 12: The world has been shocked by what's happened in Gaza over the past few days.
Speaker 3: The silhouette of the little girl.
Speaker 13: Well, I said, it's been obviously, it's been shocked over generations about what you absolutely and that Jamas certainly is refused to stop that violence.
Speaker 14: But go ahead.
Speaker 12: So but just in the past few days, we've seen the silhouette of a little girl trying to flee burning classrooms surrounding her, killing people around her. We've seen thousands of Palestinians starved by Israel's blockade, heard it between fences as they try to get fed. Today thousand excuse me, a doctor who'saw nine of her children killed by Israeli bombs. All the while this administration, of course, as we've has talked to deport students who protest this, including one student who wrote.
Speaker 3: An op ed against this kind of behavior.
Speaker 12: The administration came in telling Americans it would be more pro peice, more anti war.
Speaker 14: And this is beginning to sound like a soliloquy. Sir, do you have a question, please please, I'm curious.
Speaker 13: Yes, I have this very serious issue, and everyone has your question.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, I ask it.
Speaker 12: I wonder how you see this administration being more pro piece or more anti war than the previous administration given these kinds of horrors that Americans are witnessing.
Speaker 13: Yes, well, you know it is a dynamic. Whereas I also just mentioned a little bit ago, we did achieve a ceasefire, something which nobody thought would be possible after the heinousness of October seventh, the nature of what had occurred on that day, the fact that there has to be a new way. The President has stated, we have to have new ideas to make a difference so this stops and doesn't go from generation to generation. What we've got here is, after I don't know what has it been three months a bit over one hundred days of President Trump managing to get I think every warring party, every hostile party against other people on this planet to a table to stop now that's the simple part. Making things happen and making it last is another thing.
Speaker 14: Hamas.
Speaker 13: We did have a ceasefire, and then Hamas decided once again that that was just not going to do and they can and you to do what they do.
Speaker 5: Ran, I think you wanted to toss to another club.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, Andrew Mitchell lacing it up has been going to the State Department press briefings, she asked. She asked a question about this aid delivery mechanism as well, like why are you using this when you've got Sidney McCain for the World Froot program doing, You've got the un You've got plenty of people who could do this. Why are you, like, what are you even doing here? And she elicited a fascinating response from Tammy Brucelett.
Speaker 3: We can roll B six B here.
Speaker 13: There's certainly and this is something the world is watching, something we've all cared about getting resolved. It is not an uncomplicated situation. This is, however, the first delivery of major aid, if not the only aid we've been hearing for months.
Speaker 14: I wish that Cindy McCain had spoken up that.
Speaker 13: They had found a way to move food into gossip because that certainly hadn't been conveyed to us.
Speaker 14: But now, which if that's the case, that's great.
Speaker 13: What I do know is that the people on the ground now as we're as the number I told you I think is rather significant, four hundred and.
Speaker 14: Sixty two thousand meals. That's what we're focused on.
Speaker 13: And this is and I'm not going to address either gossip or complaints or people who knew or weren't included or would do it a different way, or.
Speaker 14: Who's shooting at whom that Hamah, It's not the real story here. The story is that aid.
Speaker 13: And food is moving into Gaza at a massive scale. At this point when you're looking at eight thousand food boxes, was this going to be like going.
Speaker 14: To the mall or through a drive through?
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 13: This is a complicated environment and the story is the fact that it's working. I find it difficult that there are people who would go on television shows to complain about a process that is working and moving food into the area.
Speaker 6: So the idea that it was a mystery that the World Program had found a way into get to get food into gas is absurd. Like the everybody has been witnessing that for up until March.
Speaker 3: Second, when it Israel blocked it.
Speaker 6: The argument that Israel makes publicly is that, well, Hamas is stealing the aid. The whole reason that we have to blow up the entire system of humanitarian aid delivery and GAZ is that Hamas was stealing it. And we have no obligation to give aid to Hamas just to use against us and sell on the black market. So that's that's the argument they make publicly. So let's let David Saderfield respond to that. So David Satterfield was the Biden administration official who was responsible for humanitarian overseeing humanitarian aid and negotiating negotiating with the Israelis over that. According to people in the State Department that I talked to, like Satterfield almost never pushed back on the Israelis, Like he was a very very sympathetic figure. In two thousand and five, then you guys can google this, U Sadderfield wasn't was listed in an indictment for leaking this is under the Bush administration for leaking classified information to a pack and two and to uh you can look it up like to this. Then a Pack was linked up with Israel, so it wasn't just to a pack, but it was classified information. Uh so this is now. He was never officially charged, he was never charged, and he did and he defended. He said what I what I did was above board and it was not a crime. The point here this is somebody who is close enough to Israel that it was listed in a two thousand and five indictment for having leaked classified information to Israel. So this is not something In other words, this is not a Hamas sympathizer. This is not even one of these eight department officials who you'd call like an arabist, which are mostly all gone from the State Department. So that's the context I want you to have when you listen to Sadderfield get asked the question is Hamas? Is there any evidence that Hamas is stealing the AID? So let's roll B six.
Speaker 16: Hamas was stealing, profiting and diverting the majority of the AID that was coming in. That that is Israel's claim. How do you respond to that?
Speaker 9: No such allegation or evidence in support of allegations like that were ever provided privately by informed Israeli security or political officials. It is a claim which on the face of it is not reflected in any of the experience that those involved in the humanitarian effort have seen. Did ham US benefit politically from its presence at distribution sites to reinforce to the population of Gaza that they remained effective and in place. Certainly they did. Did HAMAS take some assistance, quite likely, but from the UN and INGO channels, which were highly accountable. Whatever aid was ultimately diverted in any fashion by Hamas was minimal compared to the aid that was received by the general population. Now, the same can't be said about aid that came in outside UN or international NGO channels. That's a different matter. In Israel understands that. But we're speaking now of the UN. The allegations that the majority I've heard some claims all of the assistants was seized by Hamas. That has never been made privately to officials involved in this process, nor demonstrated through evidence.
Speaker 6: What's so fascinating to me about that answer is he's not saying they never provided evidence that Hamas was stealing the aid privately. They never even made that claim. In other words, they know it's not true. They say it publicly because idiots on X will repeat it. But privately when they're talking to other state department officials in their counterparts in the in the like relief world. They don't even claim it, let alone provide evidence for it.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought it was helpful nuance when he said, because he himself wasn't saying that no AID has ever been diverted or sure like Hamas just executed four people under the like Reuter says, this st this morning, and they did it a few weeks ago as well, for diverting AID, right, which is like, that's what.
Speaker 6: Israel backed gangs that are like looting drugs and then Hamas is going back after them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's quite an upside out.
Speaker 4: World, but it's helpful nuance of what he's saying is that it's minimal whatever is being diverted.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: The Hamas has tens of thousands of fighters.
Speaker 6: People are starving in the last nineteen months, those fighters have eaten yep, some with some of that food that came in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, no doubt like he's saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But the the accusation made broadly is that they take the aid, they take it all, and then they sell it back into the black market at exorbitant prices and then they use that money to then fund their war effort.
Speaker 3: Where what are they buying?
Speaker 6: Like there are no weapons getting in, Like they make all their own weapons underground. So like the even even that argument falls apart, because what are you gonna do with cash? Like when you're in a full blockade, Like a lot of reporters and gaza who have been able to freelance for international organizations and have like decent amounts of money in their bank account, it's like it's it's like ash in their hands. It's like you can't there's nothing to buy. So setting that all aside, Yes, have they eaten some of the foods come in, Yeah, I mean they've eaten like the human beings. But yeah, so anyway, that like that, if you wanted to know how serious Israel is about that allegation, they never made it privately. And that's according to Sadderfield, who was literally an unindicted co conspirator in a Israel conspiracy in two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: And we can also roll this this clip of the little girl that was being referenced in the question to Bruce. This is really difficult to watch, but we can roll this is before Yeah, you can see this on your screen, right, do you know where this is around?
Speaker 6: And one of these girls, I'm not sure exactly where, but one of these girls, one of the girls lived and is in the hospital. Her entire family there, she is, her entire family. This is at a school wiped out. And it's just another horrific atrocity in an ongoing series of atrocities.
Speaker 3: And this is what you know.
Speaker 6: Netanyahu was pushing against the ceasefire to be able to continue doing this.
Speaker 5: And I want to rule both B two as well.
Speaker 12: Run.
Speaker 5: These are the mercenaries. This is what you're going to see on the screen. And you'll hear.
Speaker 4: This a little bit are So this is from Mohammad Shahada who says those are the American mercenaries running GHF's quote unquote AID concentration camp in Rafa.
Speaker 5: One of them speaks in an Iraqi dialect.
Speaker 4: Most of them served in Iraq and Afghanistan, some of them with the infamous Blackwater. They each get paid over thirty three thousand dollars per month.
Speaker 5: The second clip here, what you're seeing are is.
Speaker 6: This even an authentic clip? I've seen this one going around, Yeah, go ahead, it.
Speaker 5: Was as Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this is from Cassi Akiva, who's at the Daily Wire so obviously enormously pro is a real popular or population outlet, sours that one of the Gaza distribution sites tells me that Hamas set up a roadblock to prevent Gosins from getting aged. She said, they broke through it and we're shouting thank you America.
Speaker 5: Upon reaching the site.
Speaker 6: I'mas put out a stavement saying that that's absurd, Like they did not put up any checkpoints.
Speaker 3: They would be bombed, Like if they did that, Like.
Speaker 6: That's just yeah, that's just there's just no way that's true that they set up checkpoints to block people from going there. A that would turn the population completely against them.
Speaker 5: They're starting turning against them.
Speaker 6: Right, but completely Like Okay, so now there's eight here. I can't get through because the mass is blocking me. A. That's why they wouldn't have be If a moss is out in the open like that in southern Gaza, surrounded by Israeli military, they would bomb them.
Speaker 4: I just also wanted to quickly touch on one of the interesting points from Tammy Bruce. You mentioned that her answer was pretty interesting in response to Andrew Mitchell. I thought her other answer was pretty interesting as well that we played because when pressed on this question of how is the Trump administration the pro piece more pro peace than the administration before it, she pointed at the ceasefire and she did reference the kind of conscience shocking images coming out of Gaza in the last few days. And that's where this is for the Trump administration. I think going to culminate in something with Trump maybe wit Coough as well, where they ultimately just have to make a decision and Yahoo, and I think that's coming up in the next couple of weeks. Is it is it Yahoo or is it your your new what does it? What did he say during the campaign he was president of peace, right, like, do you want to you have to at a certain point, as this is coming to a head, make that decision.
Speaker 6: Quicker than that, because yeah, this is this is moving so fast a Gaza city by the way.
Speaker 4: And they're coasting right now, you know, they're they're sort of coasting on this feud back and forth in the press, like the leaks to Barack revive that harken back to the Biden administration about how Trump is frustrated and Trump probably is genuinely frustrated with net Yahoo, but that it it feels like it's coming to a sort of Manichean with me or against me choice in the days ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the New York Times reporting that Nanya Who's still agitating to bomb Yeah Aron right while the negotiations are ongoing, that it led to a tense phone call between Trump and Manya who that has echoes of the.
Speaker 3: Biden administration too. Bbe stop Boebe stop n Yahoo.
Speaker 6: Get getting a tongue lashing from angry presidents of the United States, and you had continue to do exactly as as he pleases with US weapons and funding.
Speaker 4: Let's move on to this conversation between Timpoole and Bill Maher on a recent edition of Club Random. We have another interesting Tempoole clip versus Adam Conover that will roll right afterwards, but let's start here with B seven.
Speaker 15: That's one of the main reasons why the far left started to really hate me is because I call out Islam as what it is extremely illiberal. That's what's what's so ironic about liberals being so supportive of hamas is because you're liberals and these are the people. I'm sorry, but this ideology Islam, even in its more benign forms. Yes, I agree most the vast majority of Muslims not terrorists, of course, but Islamists, which is the word we used to describe people who are not terrorists but kind of agree with the things terrorists are doing and are for. That's a much higher number. That's many millions of people, and even the rank and file. I mean, most Muslim societies live under some form of Sharia law, which no Westerner who thinks that Tamas is so great could ever live under your fundamental rights that you take for granted here in America. You would not have, you know, I mean, all the protesters who are protesting in Gaza against Tamas, they've all been killed. They killed protesters women. I mean, do I have to say anything more than just just if it was just that issue how women are treated? Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 17: And the narrative is when I talk to some of these academics, like the anti wokee people that are like, well, it's because they say that, you know, Gaza is oppressed, and I'm like sure, but they're siding with the second biggest religion in the world, which is authoritarian, fundamentalist. And I don't care if you practice whatever religion you want to practice. It's fine, but it's strange to me to claim that Islam is oppressed in any meaningful way.
Speaker 15: Well, I do care what you practice, and I fully defend to the death your right to practice whatever religion you want. Just don't lie to me and say all religions are alike. All religions are not alike, and what makes them different mostly is how fundamentalist they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Fundamentalist means you actually believe what's in the Holy Book. I mean, there's the Quran, there's the Bible, and they're both full of nonsense. But we have learned to wink at the Bible in the way.
Speaker 6: So timpoole going on this very bizarre Bill mahershow and knowing, oh yeah, Bill Mars, Bill Mahers like this. He's proudly Islama focally, he really really hates Islam.
Speaker 3: He hates all religions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he really really hates Islam. If people are curious about his history and his kind of take on fundamentalist Islam, should google Islamic Renaissance or Islamic Golden Age.
Speaker 3: Just go go do the Wikipedia on that.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just not the case that there's anything inherently backwards about Islam, like and go go While you're going through that, then just just jump over to like the Christianity and Catholicism Wikipedia page and check how things were going during that period of time.
Speaker 4: You and I gonna have to smoke a blunt on club random and hash this out.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody would debate that.
Speaker 6: I think the best argument would be, well that you know, you have to go back to the that was only five hundred years. It was this first five hundred years is pretty It's pretty I wan't.
Speaker 4: Say the first five hundred years there was a pretty violent period at the inception of Islam.
Speaker 6: Fortunately, no other religion has been linked to any violence around.
Speaker 5: The world, so yeah, they're really rarely over.
Speaker 4: So what is interesting about that is even if I disagree with you on that point, I also completely disagree, and I think a lot of people increasingly disagree with Bill Maher that there was this neo conservative and I know he's not technically a neocon, but there was a neo conservative linking intentionally after nine to eleven of political Islam fundamentalist Islam with this particular conflict as though because there are radical there's political.
Speaker 5: Radicalism in Gaza.
Speaker 4: That that necessity that necessitates a policy that is pro Israel no matter what Israel wants to do, whenever Israel wants to do it, and that conflation is absurd and I feel like it's falling apart. The sort of construction that gave that created public support for policies predicated on that as falling apart right now, it's fallen apart since you know, after October seventh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would, I would just say this, like the Islamism that he's talking about is a fairly recent innovation, like to talk about last hundred years, and like a kind of reaction in some.
Speaker 3: Quarters to modernity, but.
Speaker 4: Actually also partially a reaction to the policy of Palestine. The policy towards from the West towards Palestine after World War.
Speaker 3: Two predates that a little bit. But yeah, it does.
Speaker 5: But it's definitely and all that. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's not irrelevant.
Speaker 6: And in the with the collapse of kind of pan Arab socialism, why.
Speaker 4: Does Iron support Hamas to some extent, because it's an extremely important question for a lot of fundamentalists, So it's it's not irrelevant. And actually you can make the argument that continuing sort of blanket check policy towards Israel actually makes the problem worse.
Speaker 6: Although yeah, Iron supported the resistance from the beginning of the revolution in seventy nine, and Amasa doesn't come around until like the nineties or whatever.
Speaker 4: In seventy nine, but that's after the creation of modern Israel.
Speaker 5: It's it's like.
Speaker 4: That's since like that that has been baked into it for since the creation of Israel.
Speaker 3: And so watching pool, he doesn't, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't quite understand what's up with this guy's guy was taking money literally from Russia.
Speaker 5: Right unknowingly, but yeah, alleged.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's actually it's it's a crazy story.
Speaker 3: He's taking he's taking money.
Speaker 6: Whether he knew it was from Russia or not, he knew it was money, and it was to influence his editorial content.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, that is so that aside.
Speaker 6: Here here he is talking to Adam Connover with one of the most hair brain things I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: This is incredible.
Speaker 18: And then she's being like four simply deported. Do you think that's good for America? Like this is okay? So you know, marginally you think, what do you what do you think is good, even marginally, Like, what's the what's the minor small benefit to America?
Speaker 17: Do not our country and rally against it and its interests to you?
Speaker 18: So what is the what is the US interest that her writing an op ed the Suez Canal?
Speaker 17: The United States?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 17: The reason why the US is so I love these zi Jews, people that are like.
Speaker 9: Israel controls the forum of Pulzy.
Speaker 5: Oh, shut up.
Speaker 17: The US interest in is with Israel, Egypt and Saudi Arabia has a lot to do with like the Red Sea and the Suez Canal. This is why Donald Trump is obsessed with Panama and Greenland. He wants to control the global trade routes. Is what America's largely done.
Speaker 5: This is that.
Speaker 17: That's why I say it's it's it's it's a It's a gross mischaracterization to claim that an op ed is a threat to national security in that it is in the smallest of senses, students coming here and telling us to oppose our support with Israel puts it puts us at risk in terms of the sentiment of a younger generation as to whether or not we'll fund Israel and control the Suez Canal.
Speaker 18: But I asked you if you thought it was good to deport her as a marginally all right.
Speaker 4: So Suez Canal, that's my new anytime you say something, you asked me a question, I'm just gonna sit back and go Sue's Canal.
Speaker 6: So if you write an opad that could have a bank shot. Okay, well, all right, sue has canal is so important. Then lifting the kind of red sea blockade of all shipping like he just's been really suffering with with you know, foreign currency coming in because of the hoothy kind of shutdown of shipping lanes. So shouldn't shouldn't it then be in the US national interest to end the siege of Gaza, create a Palicity estate so that this conflict ends, so that the traffic flows more freely through the Suez Canal.
Speaker 3: Therefore, that's a good point.
Speaker 6: Apak is actually the one that is undermining US national security.
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Anybody associated with them who's not an American citys and according to Pool, should be deported.
Speaker 4: Like in fairness to Pool and that I've been on a show and I don't really have anything against him, but in fairness to him, I think what he was trying to do is explain the administration's point of view on this.
Speaker 5: But I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I doubt that's.
Speaker 6: Actually I think there their point of view is Canary Mission or one of these other organizations gave us the name Rumesa ods Tark and we arrested her.
Speaker 3: Done, that's it. Yeah, we do what we're told.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 4: Suez Canal, that's just that's that's the it's like washer happens, live drinking game, the little Neon sign in the corner of Suez Canal from here on out.
Speaker 5: I know you're probably watching this around noon there.
Speaker 4: One pm at your ask, but it's it's gonna every time you here that you drink incredible stuff.
Speaker 8: H m hm