Speaker 1: Welcome to it.
Speaker 2: It is a brand new episode right here on the Brook and Jeffrey Second Date Podcast.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: You get a little something different. You get a blind love is and it is different to say the least. Yeah, it's special for Alexis's birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh he needs.
Speaker 4: To wish Alexis. I'm gonna tell you right now, this is not the gift I wanted. What you're about to hear, That's all.
Speaker 2: I was giving you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, okay, maybe next year.
Speaker 2: All right, what do we see in the comments birthday girl?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, Ion commented. So I've been listening to the show for a while now, but I've never watched a video of the show. So today I decided to have a look on YouTube, and I couldn't believe my eyes.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: I always thought in the profile picture, Jose is Jeff and Jeff is Jose. And after I watched the verse video, I was sure that they changed voices or something. I thought maybe it was Ai. Nothing makes sense anymore, and I won't be able to watch another video because the voice doesn't fit the face.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, imagine is hanging out together and he's the one who speaks more spams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely check out our videos on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Is because she's the younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean everybody else thinks I'm the younger one. Of course, I don't want to ruin Alexis's birthday by getting older.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's get to your brand new episode right now.
Speaker 5: When you think of the most romantic movie quotes of all time, I mean, you had me at Hello, if you're.
Speaker 1: A bird, I'm a bird.
Speaker 5: Oh Houston, we have a problem.
Speaker 1: That's not romantic.
Speaker 2: That was scary rible. It really happened in real life.
Speaker 1: Jess'm sorry.
Speaker 5: What do you think Tom Hanks means when he says Apollo thirteen's ready for re entry? That is not what happens between the last time, I know what she meant. Those passionate quotes have stood the test of time because they're so romantic, and I just wonder what flirtatious words will be uttered today by one of our listeners and etched into radio history.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Because it's a.
Speaker 5: Brand new edition of Blind Love is, let's turn the steaminess up right after this. Welcome back to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we do this segment every now and again. You're familiar with the Netflix show Love Is Blind?
Speaker 7: Are we doing it?
Speaker 5: We're doing the radio version of that called Blind Love is Yoh yeah, legally it's airtight.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: They can't touch us with that name.
Speaker 2: Aka, our legal team is not listening.
Speaker 5: Yes, so please, if if the Love is Blind people hear this, just please don't sue us.
Speaker 1: Oh they have real lawyers, I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: But for us, it's just two of our listeners who are meeting for the first time right here on the show. They've never seen each other before, they've never heard each other's voices, but they've requested our help for other segments in the past, like a second date or an awkward Tuesday that just didn't work out. So now they're here open to the possibility of finding love by hearing a stranger's voice. We're magic workers, Are.
Speaker 1: I really do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just a voice. But let's not.
Speaker 5: Waste any more time. We're gonna get them on the phone. We've got Brad and d with us today. So why don't you two say hello to each other real quick?
Speaker 7: Hi? Hello?
Speaker 2: Well look at that they didn't even talk at the same time.
Speaker 5: Chemist already happening, but just for reference, D is an esthetician. Brad works in a warehouse, but he wanted us to make sure we say that he's a part time supervisor.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's important.
Speaker 1: That was important.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna throw out a question and the two of you can discuss it, and we're just going to back away after that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, if you two were on a first date right now with each other, what unique thing would you be doing to try to impress the other?
Speaker 1: Brad, Brad, you answer first.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay? What would be unique?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: I mean you probably be impressed by my beard. I'm not sure that's unique, but okay, can.
Speaker 2: You describe your beard more?
Speaker 7: Uh, it's big, it's like maybe about my chest that's long.
Speaker 5: Just trying to.
Speaker 1: Guess.
Speaker 7: Another thing would be you might be impressed by my ability to name all the snacks at a gas station in alphabetical order. A lot of people can do that.
Speaker 3: That is whoa okay for your like seven eleven.
Speaker 7: No one, no one said it like that before, but I like it. What about you? I mean, what would you impressed me with?
Speaker 3: Well, I remember the guys I've dated before in the past. It told me that I say the word pretzel sexy.
Speaker 7: Okay, could you say that again?
Speaker 4: Pretzel?
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, I do this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually did it for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I have a question for you. What's your biggest green flag that might secretly be a red flag?
Speaker 7: M okay, I mean I think it's a green flag that I respond to texts immediately, you know, like before you've even finished sending the next one.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm not sure what that means, but it's not fine.
Speaker 7: What about what about you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm very, very very agreeable, so much that I'll probably bring that later in a detail argument.
Speaker 7: Are you going to argue about how agreeable you are?
Speaker 3: Do you like that it's the green flag that could be read?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, maybe this is a good point for us to jump in.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Anyone understood the question.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're like, what's yourn? And You're like, I worked you hard?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think I'm being an a hole?
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: You definitely both are seem to be weird, and that's a good thing that you're both that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm weird. Yeah, Yeah, weird is the new cool. I don't think so. I read that somewhere.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we're in the middle of blind Love is where two of our listeners who've never seen or spoken to each other before are meeting for the first time over the radio to see if there's a natural spark there. It sounds like there's definitely so connection happening, but to really test it, I have an idea that you two will just do a little improv to try and help stoke the flames of love, because they say that the mark of a good relationship is how you handle disagreements with each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hypotheticals are always really good when you're meeting somebody near jazz.
Speaker 1: I think role playing is really fun when you meet someone new. I bet you do.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 5: Let's imagine both of you are starving right now. Brad is adamant that he wants burgers and beers for dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought we were on a deserted island.
Speaker 2: I thought we were going to eat each other or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight. Brad wants burgers and beers. D She's more in the mood for Chinese and saki. Obviously you have to use pet names when addressing each other because you're deep into a relationship.
Speaker 1: Now we don't have names, and.
Speaker 7: Go okay, okay, I'll start Look, honey, I know we're trying to figure out dinner. But I saw in the news that the Chinese place you like they increased how much enough, Gina use?
Speaker 3: Oh did they now?
Speaker 7: So maybe we should skip the kungkou chicken tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, sugar Bear, thank you so much for looking out for me. I actually did the.
Speaker 7: Same for you. Oh really, okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I called the head to your favorite burger spot, the one with the met head cook.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they just had.
Speaker 3: To eat coal I breakout. They weren't shut down by the health department, so they said that you can still come and risk it if you want.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, okay, col I okay, I did not hear about that.
Speaker 3: So it looks like both our places are risky. But we can get a little away with a little bit more at the Chinese restaurant because I've been stealing a nice poisoning chopsticks for years. Just make sure you wear some baggy pants because I really appreciate.
Speaker 7: If you did it for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, yeah, I think we're done with our scene. Looks like you two are doing Chinese tonight with some light mass on.
Speaker 2: You know what, Dating a klepto is kind of fun.
Speaker 1: You know, definitely exciting.
Speaker 5: Just remember after the meal to run, don't walk to the parking lot.
Speaker 1: You have to get out of there quickly.
Speaker 2: Well it's not too fast, so those chopsticks are falling out of your Yeah, good point.
Speaker 1: So all right, we're almost out of time here.
Speaker 5: I'm personally sensing some chemistry between the two of them.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's already in charge of the relationship.
Speaker 5: Yes, to be honest, but agreeably and yes, absolutely absolutely And as always though, we need our listeners to decide if they're a true match and should continue their conversation. So text in right now seven eight, five, nine to two. If you think they have a spark Brad and d and they should continue talking, text the word more. But if you think we should move on from the chopstick thieves, text next.
Speaker 2: Okay, those text words actually made sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like kung wow.
Speaker 5: If you liked it kung not now, but yeah, just more more next brought it up. Yes, we'll find out what happens when we come back for more. Blind Love is right after this. So this is a crazy turn of events. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. The text word overwhelmingly said yes for our Blind Love Is contestants Brad and d. But the thing I did not expect is when our producer spoke with Brad in the break, apparently he did not feel that way. What and I'm just gonna punch him up real quick, Brad, Brad, you.
Speaker 1: Want to tell us what the situation is? What you told our producer?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I'd actually like to see if I was compatible with the young lady from the show. Oh yeah, Alexas, you didn't have.
Speaker 1: To clarify which young lady you were talking about. We knew the young I'm hoping he means a. Brook only thought it could be me. You want to shoot your shot with Alexis, I do. Yeah, Well hold on, what happened to D? Yeah she's so good, she's so agreeable.
Speaker 7: Uh sure, but I don't know. I guess the heart wants what it wants, you know, to.
Speaker 2: Try to hit on Alexis.
Speaker 5: I mean, Alexis, you may not want to do this. I can kind of sense that but it would be pretty easy to tell where your heart truly lies, because with blind love is the chemistry either sparks or it implodes.
Speaker 2: And if someone's good at flirting in this room, it's Alexis.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Brad, I do have to warn you.
Speaker 5: Alexis can get pretty flirty.
Speaker 1: Alexis, do you think you can keep this? Like Pg? Thirteen?
Speaker 2: Try?
Speaker 5: Okay, So let's do a first ever blind love is with a listener and Alexis.
Speaker 2: So it's only released, will it's semi blind because we can see Alexis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but Brad can't see it. And he knows what I look like, but I don't know what he looks. That's true. There's not very fair. This is Oh god, I forgot Okay, all.
Speaker 5: Right, it is a little unfair because Alexis doesn't have any preprepared questions.
Speaker 2: She's a professional radio host. She could come up with something.
Speaker 4: I don't think I am. I don't think I'm capable.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll get Brad to start it off.
Speaker 5: Get the ball rolling, Alexis, try to behave yourself. We're gonna step away the love is Brad, go with your first question?
Speaker 7: All right? So question one? What is something you do on a date that you think is smooth but might not be.
Speaker 4: Kind of like that green smooth but might not be. I pretend I'm going to pay sometimes times.
Speaker 1: Answer what else to smooth?
Speaker 4: Maybe I take a photo of them for my friends. Maybe they notice.
Speaker 1: That, Oh answer here? Okay?
Speaker 4: Am I supposed to ask something?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how conversations work. What do you do that you think is smooth? But is it very creative?
Speaker 7: I think I like to say, uh, this is fun, you know, out loud on the date, so there's like no confusion about whether or not I think it's a good time.
Speaker 1: But I wish people did that more. I'm having a good time. Yeah, I'm having a great time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Brad. Do you have another question for Please don't make me ask?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay. Another question would be, what's something annoying I could do that would make you judge me by them this call.
Speaker 2: By the end of this call, by the end of this.
Speaker 1: Call, what annoys you the most?
Speaker 4: It sounds like, oh my god, I can't say green now, I'm so nervous. Could possibly want Okay, if you talk over me, if you just talk about yourself, if you turn it back to you. If you're sitting with your legs crossed, that's it.
Speaker 1: I can't see you said one thing that.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about your ex.
Speaker 2: We don't like who men sit with your legs cross That bothers me.
Speaker 1: I feel like if you talk about it.
Speaker 4: Used to play a sport in high school.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, it's a few things. I think Brad gets it. You know why don't you ask him? Yes, what it would be.
Speaker 1: Annoying about you? Because you sure did talk a lot about yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, Brad?
Speaker 1: What would annoy you that I.
Speaker 4: Could do in this call?
Speaker 7: Oh you haven't. I don't think you've done it yet. But I don't like you when people say no worries too much, because I actually think that makes me worry.
Speaker 3: No worries.
Speaker 2: Are trying to give him.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's move on from that one. Do you have another one? Brad?
Speaker 7: Yeah? One more. It's so I'm a big kisser. What three words would you used to describe your kiss?
Speaker 5: Your style? Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, good, great, amazing. I don't know. I don't know perfect, I'm good at kissing.
Speaker 4: I don't know another word.
Speaker 1: Like, do you have adjectives that describe the style.
Speaker 3: Juicy, good lips, like I don't know, it's not like a pack, like more than a pack.
Speaker 5: That's four words, great, perfect juicy lips.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: How do you describe a kiss?
Speaker 4: What would you say?
Speaker 1: Sensual? I think she's asking that back to you Brown.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for me, I would say, what, oh, dangerous and unforgettables.
Speaker 1: About a kid contract something when you're done with this kid. The danger makes you think he's gonna bite me.
Speaker 5: Let's fade the music back down. I mean, the chemistry off the charts right now.
Speaker 2: Dying so flustered, I'm dying sitting next to her. I'm just like picking up her vibes right Yeah, they're a lot.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: It's like in nervous excitement being on the phone with someone that she connects with so intensely.
Speaker 1: Brad, how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 7: I'm feeling super hot right now.
Speaker 5: That made you more attractive to alexis hearing about her kissing style?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it sounds like a great time. Okay, I'm ready to.
Speaker 1: Go where we're not going dangerous kisses. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Unforgettable Okay, we'll text in the seven eighty five nine two.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't have to say it's up to the You've giving up all of your decision making to our Yeah, yes, I mean I think it's a match one hundred percent Alexis and Brad.
Speaker 1: Alexis the bumper stickers.
Speaker 5: This is going to be huge when t MZ finds out that we shipped this.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm going to ship it for her.
Speaker 5: I feel bad, Yeah, Alexis, any last words for your future lover.
Speaker 4: No worries Brad.
Speaker 1: All Right, that was extra steamy edition of Blind Love Is I miss It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Brookn Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Who would have thought we just had another incredible turn of events.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Brad says he did not feel it with Alexis.
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 3: She's playing.
Speaker 1: She was crying in between.
Speaker 2: The be honest, you're a little consulted that he's the one turning you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually for the first time, I think, no.
Speaker 5: I can't feel the pain. But Brad said no to Alexis. He wants to try brook next week.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Coincidentally, he didn't even say young woman, He just said Brooks.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't he go for the easy one and just try to target you, jeff I.
Speaker 5: Mean he wants what he wants, So sorry, Alexis Brooke has once again snooped in and stolen your mans not missed.
Speaker 2: All the time between us selections.
Speaker 5: If it works out for you, brother, you know, well, make sure you listen to all of the Blind love Is segments our second date updates. We have them all up on our podcast, Brook and Jeffrey on Apple Spotify, iHeart you know the drill?
Speaker 1: Why do I need to say these everythings?
Speaker 2: And don't forget to watch the videos too. We got new live videos up on our YouTube as well for these segments.
Speaker 1: That's all right, go find it Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning