Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo jess hilarius to be here in the second what I'm charlamage the gun.
Speaker 1: Most of the planet is Monday.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners. What's happening? That's right, It's Monday. Back to the work week. Hopefully you guys had an amazing weekend. I know I I was on cheered dad duties all weekend. Man. So you know, you know, my daughter is a competitive cheerleader, so she had cheerleading competition, which I actually love going to not just to watch, you know, my daughter, but you know, the whole.
Speaker 3: Cheer dad cheer mom circuit is his own thing.
Speaker 1: So you know, we all go to these different places, you know, every every weekend. We were in Atlantic City this weekend, so just getting to see all of the different cheered dads and cheer moms and you know, walking around connecting with them and telling they telling me, they listening to the breakfast club and brilliant idiots and read my books and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 3: It's just good breaking bread with them, man.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm a dance dad, so you know every week and we hit the road. We were in New York City this week, and so it wasn't too bad. But I want to salute to Kevin Hart and the Plastic Cupboys.
Speaker 2: Drop a bomb for them. Kevin Hart was on the show last week and I did a date night. I took my wife to see Kevin Hard, actually my daughter and her boyfriend when we double dated. And when I say, one of the funniest shows I see this year, hilarious. And I know that they always have this talk that Kevin Hart is not funny, and I don't know what this talk comes from, because that show was freaking hilarious from.
Speaker 1: And you don't get to the level Kevin Hart is that if he's not funny, and Spank and Naim and all the Plastic Cupboys are funny as well too. You talk about OG triple OG veterans in the comedy Game, by the way, and.
Speaker 2: You know the funny thing about it, It was really talking about you know, people thirty five and plus majority of the night. So it's the act of my age, that's right. So they were talking about you. I know you guys thought this show was going started at eight so you can get home by eleven, but we started a little late like and it it went from the whole old g o to it made you feel good. But I had a great time. But all of them were just hilarious. So Shaluta salutor Spank saluted, Naim salutor. Kevin Hart saluted the whole team. I had an amazing time and they rolled out the red carpet. I mean, we had food, we had drinks. It was it was a dope experience. So again salute. If you get a chance to check them out in your city, definitely definitely do that.
Speaker 3: But I'm just good because they kick you out last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't know.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is, so my phone went off during the during the during the show this time too, so I walked, I got my ass up. I said, I'm not gonna check my phone right here. I walked my ass up all the way to the back and when I when I opened up my phone, they came in and got me again. It was like there's no phones in it. I said, bro, I'm not inside, I'm outside. There was like, don't you know there's no phones in it.
Speaker 1: I said, you need to start respecting people's comedy shows. You're coming up now, Kevin out there making all that money doing his stand up special, and and he's going to turn that into a special at some point, respect people show.
Speaker 2: I stepped out. I walked all the way out so I wouldn't have that problem. They still damn there threw me out.
Speaker 3: Well, they told you keep your phone away.
Speaker 7: They definitely did what. I'm just what I was CALLI and Kelly was good. Shout out to Oakland, San Francisco, Sacramento, the Bay. Everybody came out. They always treat me good man. You see how hardly got a voice. Tired as hell, but I'm good though.
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 7: Traveling back from LA, I'm back on the East coast. That's the all thing. That's the all day thing. It don't matter like how early you get up. You still three hours link at home, that's right.
Speaker 2: And then the clock changed, Yo, Then you tired, yep, And then you had some of that smoke from the West.
Speaker 9: Coast, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then you know still brustban and still got a pomp and all that come home to a baby who just want her mother.
Speaker 9: That's right crazy, but it's amazing though.
Speaker 2: All Right, well, let's get the show cracking. Andrew Schultz to be joining us this morning. He has a new special on Netflix's Life. Yeah, so we're gonna be talking to Andrew Shelton. Then also Congressman Al Green.
Speaker 1: He's uh, well, I actually joined us on a Friday, and we did release that that interview digitally this weekend, but we're getting it back on for our listeners this morning.
Speaker 2: Right, And if you don't know who Al Green is not the singer, he's the congressman who actually uh stepped out last week as Donald Trump was speaking. You actually got thrown out. So we'll talk to him about all that in a little bit. All right, Well, let's get the show crack, and we got front page news a lot going on this morning. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Jesse, hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news now. Lebron James he's expected to miss one to two weeks. He has a growing strain, so you won't be seeing him for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: All right, what's up Morgan God Morning, dj MV, Charlomagne the God and Jesse Larious. How y'all feeling happy? Happy Monday morning? Oh goodness. Okay, let's wake up y'all.
Speaker 11: So let's try and he got the work.
Speaker 10: I know I'm giving energy. Come on, come on, get some of this energy, Get some of this energy.
Speaker 12: Let's talk. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 10: Thousands of people gathered in Selma, Alabama, yesterday to mark the sixtieth anniversary of Bloody Sunday. That was the day in nineteen sixty five when civil rights demonstrators were attacked by police and a clash that shocked the nation and Galvin I support for Voting Rights Act of nineteen sixty five. National Urban League President and CEO Mark Morial. He spoke at the event and says that many of the people are concerned about the recent job cuts implemented by the Trump administration, and it's also renewing concerns about civil rights.
Speaker 12: Let's hear more from Mark Morrel.
Speaker 13: There's a strong sense of indignation against these steps, which you're seen as not in the best interests of America, but also that could hurt Black America, Brown America, poor Americans, and even disadvantage white Americans. So there's a resolve I believe coming out of Selma that this is going to be important work and an important fight, and we must do it.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries he led a bipartisan congressional delegation of about forty lawmakers during the ceremonies. Activities also included the annual walk across the Edmund Pettis Bridge to commemorate and recreate the nineteen sixty five rights March to from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 12: Did you guys see any of that coverage?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: And you know what, when you when you hear stuff like that and you watch stuff like that, you know, even with the attack that is happening on civil rights right now, you have to applaud black people for how far we've come in sixty years. Like this is to think about how how short sixty years ago was and all of the different things we've accomplished, you know, us since then.
Speaker 3: So drop on the clues bombs for us, man.
Speaker 12: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: You don't give you don't give ourselves enough credit.
Speaker 12: No, for real, that's right, pop Yo pop yod.
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, the Army has officially changed the name of Fort Liberty back to Fort Bragg. But it's not the same Fort Bragg as before. So Fort Bragg is being named for Roland L. Bragg, who earned the Silver Star for carrying wounded Americans and a captured German ambulance twenty miles under enemy fire, not the Confederate General Braxton Bragg from nineteen twenty two.
Speaker 12: So Lieutenant General Gregory K.
Speaker 10: Anderson he oversaw a transitional renaming ceremony at the North Carolina Army Installation on Friday, and here's what he had to say in regards to the renaming.
Speaker 15: Fort Bragg is just not any base. It is our nation's premiere force projection platform. It is a culture of toughness and war fighting, and it is a way of life. Fort Bragg is a place where ordinary people transform into heroes, ordinary people like Private first Class Roland L.
Speaker 4: Bragg.
Speaker 12: So again, Roland L.
Speaker 10: Bragg is not the initial of Fort Bragg as General Braxton Bragg. And again we will see a lot more of these type of changes. Luckily, you know they named it that way, but at the same time you're going to start seeing a lot of more reversals. For example, in Washington, DC, black Lives Matter Plaza near the White House is being replaced. The DC Department of Transportation will are working on that today and the work we'll take about six to eight weeks to complete. The decision to paint over the mural was announced last week after Republican Congressman Andrew Clyde of Georgia introduced a bill to with hold funding from DC if it wasn't removed now. The bill also demanded a name change from Black Lives Matter Plaza to Liberty Plaza. DC Mayor Muriel Bowser says, you won't jeopardize the much needed funding for the district.
Speaker 12: Let's hear more from her.
Speaker 16: We have bigger fish to fry than fights over what has been very important to us and to the history and especially and our ability to keep our city safe during that time, that mural played a very important part. But now our focus is on making sure our residents and our economy survives well.
Speaker 1: I understand her choosing our battles and not wanting to fight for the mural, but is that legal?
Speaker 3: Can you say I withholding funding if you don't get rid of.
Speaker 10: This, Yes, because you are, because that's the district and what I want people to know, and I know we're running out of time. DC does not receive federal funding on the same level as a state. It does receive federal funding on the same level as a municipality like a city. So you got you know, think about New York. New York has Manhattan, Brooklyn and all different boroughs. Well, DC is only going to get a portion of that like a city, which is why they're pushing for statehood. So you know, I'm not gonna get too much into that. We'll talk more at seven a m. That's your front page news for six am, and uh yeah, I'm Morgan Wood. So we'll talk more about it at seven am. Yes, somebody was at the White House, pulled up on the White House and was trying to, you know, maybe take out the president. We'll get into that at seven.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent phone line to wide open, let us know how your weekend was, what you did all that other stuff. I eight hundred five eight five five one is the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: Five five one. We want to hear from you the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: This is Tatara.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tatara, good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 17: I just want to say, MV. I saw you at that show Saturday with your phone, and I said, he didn't learn from the last time getting kicked out of the show.
Speaker 2: Habit You see me? You see me when they pulled up on me when I went to the back.
Speaker 17: No, no, no, you were sitting down in the seat and you had it out.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying live to the people up.
Speaker 2: No, I had my phone before they started the show, but when they started to show, my phone went off. I walked to the back cause I was like, they ain't kicking me out again, he said, I say.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 17: I said, he didn't gonna get kicked out.
Speaker 2: I was told on him, man, and my wife told me. My wife said, if they kick you out, I'm not leaving with you. I told you to put your phone away back.
Speaker 17: I said, she's gonna be like, I'm not leaving you go. But it was a good show. The plastic coupleways that they think cant did this thing.
Speaker 1: He is so.
Speaker 17: Amazing and funny and he's back like I don't know if you have a last but he's packed the show.
Speaker 2: How old are you, mama?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: That show was for us, wasn't it for us?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Definitely, definitely. I was cracking up at all of the forty five and over jokes.
Speaker 2: Hilarious. But I didn't get kicked out just so, but I didn't get.
Speaker 4: Have a great thing YouTube.
Speaker 2: Man, Hello, who's this this?
Speaker 18: J Middle?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: J Mat to get it off your chest as it going?
Speaker 19: Man, Well, first of all, good morning to all of you.
Speaker 16: O morning.
Speaker 13: I just want to.
Speaker 19: Say that you know, everything going on in this country right now, A lot of people are talking about but the United States and this and that.
Speaker 17: But at the end of the day, man, I went to visit the country where I.
Speaker 19: Come from, and I got robbed that gun point, and it said the reality of like how prison is.
Speaker 4: The life here?
Speaker 20: Is?
Speaker 3: You know? You try where you went to visit.
Speaker 19: I went through this New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Oh well, if it makes you feel better, somebody's getting robbed that gun point right now as we speak.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in America.
Speaker 19: Damn yeah, yeah, but I'm saying that the quodium life here is better. You know, you you have food in your plate, you.
Speaker 17: Turn on the water, you have water right away.
Speaker 19: Most places where you live, and a lot of countries don't have that privileged life that we lived here, Okay, And I just want to say, you know, with everything going on with the administration, people talk bad about the country and saying this is that and this is that. But at the end of the day, you gotta be, you know, thankful for everything you have. Instead of break country, you get to enjoy life that you wouldn't be able to live somewhere else. And and just to put into perspective, I've been to Mexico four times in the last three years and I got robbed three times, and one time it was by a cop.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you shouldn't go back if you can't getting robbed in the same place all the time.
Speaker 19: It's because I got family, I got I got Okay.
Speaker 2: Well I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 19: No no problem, no problems, you know, but just wanted to spread that message that you know, despite everything happening, at the end of the day, this is a beautiful country and everything's gonna get better in a minute though.
Speaker 1: You know all right, bro well, I respect your positive out look. All praises do to God.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest? Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one. If you need to ven hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Ray right, ray yo, charlo Man, Damfy what up are we lying?
Speaker 4: This is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: I got an indoor pool, out door pool.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: We can get on the phone right now.
Speaker 21: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 14: We lie.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: It's ride from Month's Corner, South Carolina. How you doing this morning?
Speaker 9: What's that?
Speaker 18: Rob?
Speaker 3: A fort three rod hapening?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: We chilling, Sharloan, we're chilling with something empty.
Speaker 22: Hey.
Speaker 6: I called to see if charlanknew that. Then our Berkley Clowns won the five they state championship over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I did congratulations to the Berkeley Stags women's basketball team from Winn's state championship this weekend.
Speaker 6: Hey man, we were hey, we were we were in one represent man. We brought that championship back to the corner brut.
Speaker 3: When the last time that happened for the girls.
Speaker 6: Man, never never we got we got coach Peace Man African American coach and the girls have never won the state championship. That was the first time.
Speaker 1: Man, Wow, congratulations dropping the clues bombs for the women, broke the stars.
Speaker 3: Man for winning state for.
Speaker 6: The first whoever, absolutely bro We proud of them. Ball ahead, man, they go tied. And I listened to y'all every morning. I just want to say God bless and keep up the good word.
Speaker 3: Absolutely appreciate you. Brother long y'all have a building.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Who is this Troy from Baltimore?
Speaker 9: What's up? Troy from Baltimore with GERG Shredan for this drafting. Yeah it is Jess. What's up?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man Heast east side of the house?
Speaker 18: Razy tilling me the coach first?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I want get off the chest. I walked it off the chest album that type type Davis issue.
Speaker 9: Man, what's up?
Speaker 21: Type Davis?
Speaker 6: He even started playing with coach travel coach.
Speaker 21: Call pretty bad?
Speaker 9: What do you do? He was running away?
Speaker 6: That's why he That's why he's got that drawer man he had Hunter. Hunter is from b see hundred. That the guy, you know, the tall black guy that had the cut of that door, that.
Speaker 21: Was that was coaching them.
Speaker 6: Why would you he was undefeated.
Speaker 17: With hunter man?
Speaker 6: Why you said to something that ain't work?
Speaker 18: And it seeing like he it seemed like he just had Calvin there.
Speaker 19: Has he had to have him there because they're just saying right.
Speaker 6: But he wasn't coaching him, like what did you he trying to prove. Seemed like he tried to prove like he don't need Calvin or something. Calvin is all he needed. He better got playing with him. You see how he was shunning him a little bit fast, stop playing with him with Calvin with his hand going.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you even he changed coaches. And maybe that's a good perspective.
Speaker 21: If you go back why the fight we got the guy?
Speaker 4: Why are you hunter?
Speaker 6: Hunter is from deep deep heady body his gym. Did you know Calvin is the Calvin the once started up? If you go back on the why the guy that was doing the fox and stuff on the why that's coach Calvin.
Speaker 21: That's Calvin.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I ain't even know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we counted like ten games in the Jordan, thank lord.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and father trigger club.
Speaker 6: You better stop playing with.
Speaker 2: Her, right, Troy, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. Now we got h the latest with Lauren coming up. What we're talking about that man?
Speaker 7: She told me that I'm poor Drew Ski and Oldell Beckham Jingian's.
Speaker 9: This raper salt stuff with Diddy man, Jesus all right and break it down.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody's t J n V jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 23: Lauren be coming a straight thing.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 2: She gets the from somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 3: She gets to detail.
Speaker 9: I'm a long god that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest tongue.
Speaker 4: Lawn is the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 24: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the latest on the Breakfast me.
Speaker 9: Alrighty.
Speaker 25: So now we've been reported on like the Diddy lawsuits right for a while in here. Back in October, we actually reported on a lawsuit that was recently amended recently, as in Friday was amended to add Drewski and Odell Beckham Junior. And what the woman is accusing them of is raping her allegedly along with Diddy. So back in October, there's a woman named Ashley Parham I believe that's how you say her last name. And she said that she had met one of Ditty's like colleagues in a bar. He was basically trying to flex on her face timon Diddy, like, you know, to show that he knows Ditty or whatever, and she wasn't pressed.
Speaker 9: While Puff was on the phone, she.
Speaker 25: Says that she said or she over he overheard her saying I don't really care about him anyway, jokingly, and she says she was saying it like jokingly, but she accused him of having something to do with Tupac's murder. And she says that he visibly was upset over the phone when that happened. A month or so later, this woman, I guess, she still kept in contact with the friend. She agreed to go and help this friend Diddy's friend administer some cancer medications that he needed help with at his home. She goes into the home. She's there there, you know what I mean, doing whatever it is that I guess she needed done. They take a ride and come back to the house. The door was left open when she gets back. Now Puff is there with others allegedly right now, Back in October when this was first five, we didn't know who the other parties involved in this were. So yeah, it was John Doe. They were just listed as John Doe's. But now she's saying that those John Does were Odell Buckham Junior and drew Ski. So now bringing us up to speed on what she's alleging that drew Ski and Odell Buckham Junior were part of. So in this document, she says that Diddy was forcibly, allegedly forcibly raping her to the point where he even used like a remote to do it at one point in time. And she says that when he comes to drew Ski, that Diddy allegedly instructed another defendant who's dough, to also rape her, and that defendant has been determined to be drew Ski. Instead of immediately raping the plaintiff, the defendant, I mean the plaintiff, the woman actually is alleging that Drewski doused her with more oil and lubricant and then jumped on top of the plaintiff neked with an oil body, treating it like a slipping slide and knocking the win out of the plaintif due to his enormous side.
Speaker 9: That's a jump on. That's what she's alleging happened, yep.
Speaker 25: And then she's saying that Drewski caught himself from sliding over the plaintiff's oil body and off the bed and then he began raping her, allegedly raping her vaginally. Now she says that wild this was happening, Puff was, you know, somewhere off in a chair in the room, watching and pleasuring himself. He was also recording as this was happening as well too, So she's these claims, Are you know what I mean? Because she's saying that this was like a violent rape, like to the point where when she was up and trying to leave, it took her a minute to kind of get herself together.
Speaker 9: But there's a lot to this.
Speaker 25: Even in the beginning of this in October when she first alleged it, she said that like on her way out, she went to the backyard and these people were in the backyard are still, so she was trying to figure out how she was gonna leave now that we know it was Drewski allegedly a Drewski and Odell Beckham Junior. She said the day after they violently raped her, allegedly they went to this backyard to smoke marijuana and cigarettes, and on her way out she ran into them and there was a whole like exchange of like a gun went off at one point. Attorney, No, her attorney is, it's not attorney Busby. I'll get the attorneys in for you. Her attorney's name is.
Speaker 1: This document was pretending that a young lady was a slipping slide.
Speaker 9: Come on now, yeah, come on now, it's insane.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 25: And basically, so the way that it's set up is like she's a legend that like Drewski and Oldub Beuckham Junior were like doing anything at the beck and Call of Puff. So he was telling them what to do they were doing it. But yesterday Drewski did respond to this and he says, this allegation is a fabricated lie. I wasn't a public figure in twenty eighteen. I was broke, living with my mom without any connections to the entertainment industry at the time of this allegation, so the inclusion of my name is truly outlandish. My heart breaks for actual victims of abuse, but I'm fully confident that the evidence will expose this falsehood and that individuals who are maliciously trying to gain the legal system uh will be exposed. People who are trying to gain the legal system in pedal false narratives.
Speaker 3: Iwas Drew Sky.
Speaker 1: It didn't even dignify that foolishness with a response like whoever created that story didn't even try to make it sound believable, And stories like this one just make it harder for real victims to be believed.
Speaker 7: And then also it's just still just a stain on your name. I get why he did say something. I mean, I I'm almost certainly got a publicist that probably would tell him like not to. But when something like that, it's like, yo, come on, y'all, like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think his brand deals and stuff like that.
Speaker 25: I think the thinking behind releasing the statement was like it's moving already, and if you don't say anything, it grows bigger.
Speaker 1: But I mean, when you say something that grows bigger. When when Drewski actually says something. That's when it becomes a real story.
Speaker 25: I think for me, when I saw it, I thought it was fake. Like I literally I went.
Speaker 2: Still a laws because it is yea, But I mean I.
Speaker 25: Didn't I didn't think that it was actual lawsuit that was fired. I thought someone created paperworking because it was only circulated on Twitter. There are no outlets had it picked it up. So I'm like, this paperwork has to be fake, like someone had that make this up. Then I went on the online system where you could pull the filings and I saw it and I was like, oh, okay, this is real because I just said it.
Speaker 9: It seemed that the claims were like so outlandish.
Speaker 25: And then I also was able to speak to some attorneys and things, and I'm like, okay, no, this is real.
Speaker 9: Right he said something maybe he shouldn't have, but I get exactly why he said.
Speaker 2: But the reason why, yeah, the reason why he probably said it because he was like twenty eighteen, I'm in my mom's house. I knew nobody, so it's like I wasn't even famous at this time, so call this is frivolous. But he's still is gonna have to, you know, get an attorney and pay for it, which is gonna cost him a couple of hundred thousand, which sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now because he gotta sp he gotta spend money for a lawyer just to prove his innocence because somebody's looking for a quick payday. And I promise you, if people realized how often these civil cases go nowhere, they would stop doing this because folks do these cases thinking they're gonna get paid, and they rarely do.
Speaker 3: If more people knew that, they more people knew they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Get no money from this, they stopped wasting folks time by filing this foolishness.
Speaker 2: Wasn't you know?
Speaker 7: There was a lawyer and she said, Drewsy, I've been like, yo, you're serious, Like you really expect me to like fight this for you?
Speaker 25: And Jewski the attorney, I know you asked me that, uh NV. The attorney. Her name is, I believe I'm saying correctly, Ariel Mitchell. Yeah, and she's she's an attorney. I've heard of her before in like some of the cases that she's worked on before, so you know, she's not new, she's you know what I mean, like she's not new or whatever. But no, it's not attorney Busby. So I don't know if that changes anything, but.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious now, Charlamney, what you said is not true. The reason it's not true is because people don't have to pay for an attorney, right. A lot of these attorneys are doing it for free, or they'll get a third or whatever they you know, they'll get a percentage of whatever they win. And because of that, people won't fly file a lawsuit. Now, if people actually had to pay an attorney to follow.
Speaker 3: Them suit, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: What I said was if people realized how often these civil cases go nowhere and they don't get paid, they don't win these they filed the suits, They file these suits with these frivolous claims and they go nowhere. If people two things, if they couldn't if they didn't have to remain anonymous, if they had to actually put themselves out there and say, hey, my name is such and such, and they realized they.
Speaker 3: Wasn't gonna get no money from these cases, they wouldn't file them. They wouldn't waste their time.
Speaker 25: She's out there and she's been out there since she first filed. And I will say Aerol Mitchell We will remember her because A Diddy's team when they filed the fifty million dollar defamation laws. It was against Courtney Burgesses, who was a music manager. And then the attorney, Aerol Mitchell, who's also filing this, so she's kind of so that's the victim's then the name in this.
Speaker 9: Case is Ashley par Him.
Speaker 25: But I was talking about the attorney because she's been she's been involved in a few other cases that I am familiar with, so I'm just you know, let and.
Speaker 9: We know who that was.
Speaker 1: You know, people are only doing this stuff because they think they're gonna get some mayday.
Speaker 11: Of course, if they.
Speaker 1: Knew they weren't gonna get no money, if they knew how slim the chances were of them getting paid, they wouldn't file these cases.
Speaker 2: I still don't think they would care because it's costing them nothing, like it really costs of nothing. They can go to attorney, and the attorney do is do it all the work for free pretty much. But if they actually had to pay an attorney and money had to come out their pocket they had to do it, then they wouldn't do it. But if the attorneys are willing to do it for free, it'll continue on and on and on and on.
Speaker 9: Well, I will say, Obi, I'm sorry, go ahead, shouls.
Speaker 1: Now I was gonna say, they really need to change the laws in this country too, because you should not be able to make those kind of claims just because you feel like it. In fact, claims like that should only be allowed to be made criminally, and after someone makes the claims criminally, police should have to investigate the claims before they decide it's enough to file charges and the rest of them. With these wild salacious claims in civil shoots suits, they should be illegal.
Speaker 25: Man, and OBJ hasn't like directly responded at all. He had posted some things prior to like right before this drop, talking about God has them covered, He's forever grateful, pictures of him his son.
Speaker 9: I think that that was just like an ironic thing.
Speaker 7: Random observation though, look really good, Lauren, like crazy.
Speaker 9: I appreciate and make up, look cool, look good. That's random ob Thank you positivity. Yeah yeah, I just wanted to say that, appreciate that we work hard to look good.
Speaker 11: You sick?
Speaker 7: Yeah no, my voice is almost gone.
Speaker 9: Because I told her she sometimes.
Speaker 2: A little blind. You get sick, you can't see and that is.
Speaker 9: Worry. I got you all, and when I sit up that right along, they riding right, y'all, keep with me.
Speaker 3: I've been told you what to do. Line yeah, sent ice right over there.
Speaker 9: Don't worry. I'm calling people. Yeah, I'm a carler.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we got front page news that don't go anywhere as the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, wake up, waol if you're like into the breakfast club or everybody.
Speaker 2: Is dj NV, just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 12: Oh hey, m B, how you doing all right?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 12: Cool, Let's see if we could all wake up just a little bit, y'all.
Speaker 10: Did y'all know that the US Secret Service agent shot a man near the White House over the weekend?
Speaker 2: I heard that they got the They knew he was coming.
Speaker 12: Poor yeah they yeah, yeah, somebody dropped the dime on.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So, the agency spokesperson says the agents confronted a man about a block from the White House from the West Wing. The man allegedly pulled out a gun before being shot. He was taken to the hospital in unknown condition. Now, the Secret Service was reportedly notified by local police who said the suspect travel from Indiana and was suicidal. So again, like you said, they already got it to President Trump. He was at mar Largo at the time of the shooting, and DC police have joined in on the investigation, which is, again, like I said, ongoing.
Speaker 12: So I'll keep you guys posted us to what comes about with that.
Speaker 10: Speaking of President Trump tariffs, tariffs, we love thearrahs on goods from Mexico and candidate are subject to change now. In an interview with Fox News Sunday Morning Futures, the President was asked if the business community would get clarity regarding his tariff plans. He also spoke about the delay delaying the tariffs to give Mexico and Canada a break. So let's check out those comments from President Trump on Fox I think so.
Speaker 5: But you know, the tariffs could go up as time goes by, and they may go up for years. The globalists, the big globalists, have been ripping off the United States. They've been taking money away from the United States, and all we're doing is getting some of it back. I thought it would be a fair thing to do, and so I gave them a little bit of a break for this short period of time.
Speaker 10: So the short period of time, they've only been delayed till April second.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 10: He has insisted that he's committed to stopping the US from being ripped off, and he will in fact be implementing these tariffs on April second.
Speaker 12: He said he's not going to do it again. You're not going to do delay again.
Speaker 1: Remember when President Trump said he won the election with one word, groceries, and he was going to bring down the price of groceries. Why would he ever do anything that would make the price of groceries go up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ah yeah.
Speaker 12: I can't answer that one. That's question for Trump for sure. But let's get into some foreign affairs.
Speaker 10: President Trump's envoy for hostages Saysian the group HAMAS is open to a peace deal with Israel where they disarm and give up their political power. Adam Boehler told Fox New Sunday his direct negotiations with HAMAS aimed at freeing American hostages are showing promise.
Speaker 12: Let's hear more from Adam Bowler.
Speaker 26: We also discussed what the end might look like, and I will tell you that HAMAS did orient toward a long term truce as they called it.
Speaker 3: And so what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 26: Is say, one, how can I get our hostages out as soon as possible? I feel every single day when they're not out, And then how do you create the circumstances to stop this war?
Speaker 10: So he went on to say that he's keeping Israeli officials informed on the progress of the talks as well. In the event that a truce is reached, Boler declined to say what concessions Israel might have to make or whether a ceasefire would lead to the creation of a Palestinian state. Also, I think it's important to note that these hostage excuse me negotiations and these ceasefire negotiations are happening during Ramadan.
Speaker 12: We'll moving on to other fours affairs.
Speaker 10: US and Ukrainian officials are planning to hold peace talks in Saudi Arabia this week. President Trump's Special envoy, Steve Whitkoff, addressed the coming discussions while speaking to reporters last week.
Speaker 12: Let's hear briefly from him, Steve Whitcoff.
Speaker 27: And I think the idea is to get down a framework for a peace agreement and an initial ceasefire ceasefire as well.
Speaker 10: So this comes as Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky is still attempting to repair relations with the US following that he did exchange with President Trump in the Oval Office. In the fallout of that meeting, Trump halted military assistance to Ukraine and cut off intelligent sharing between the two governments. Zelensky has since gained more support from the EU European Union following that meeting. So, yeah, and bringing things home, well, not necessarily home to you guys, a home to anybody, but listen to this story. Former Vice President Kamala Harris, he's reportedly seriously considering a run for governor of California. That's according to Politico, who cited two sources close to Harris having a knowledge of a conversation with Harris that we're supported that when she was asked at a pre Oscar's party about it her decision, her answer was basically.
Speaker 12: That she'll make a decision at the end of the summer.
Speaker 10: So polls have also shown that Harris is leading the field of a possible Democratic presidential election for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think, I think the vice president or former vice president Kamala Harris can do whatever she wants in the future. You know, seriously, She's created that kind of you know, lane for herself. So whatever she chooses to do, she can do. If she wants to run for governor California, she could do that. If she wants to run for president in two thousand twenty eight, she can do that as well.
Speaker 3: Who's stopping her.
Speaker 12: Nobody's going to stop her.
Speaker 10: But I mean, do you think it's you know, it's she could do it in a sense that well, obviously you said she could do it, But I'm just saying, do you think it'll it'll actually work out for you think she can win?
Speaker 12: It's the question?
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think she could win governor of California for sure. As far as president, I don't. I don't have any faith in any Democrat until they get their messaging together for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 10: Oh it sounds like we're probably going to talk more about that later though. You guys got congress An out Green on the show, right, m all right, So I'm gonna wrap things up.
Speaker 12: And in case you missed it and you didn't.
Speaker 10: And y'all not following me, you know, I was named twenty twenty five Outstanding Young Alumni for Morgan State University City. O, right, can I.
Speaker 28: What I want on me?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 12: So I'll wrap it up, y'all. That's your page news.
Speaker 9: Happy Monday. Let's make it a great week.
Speaker 10: I Morgan would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage follow AP Black Information Network, download the free iHeart radio app and visit us at b I nnews dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, Morgan. And also I just want to send a resting peace to New York police officer Joseph Ascona.
Speaker 3: He was killed as horrible.
Speaker 2: Killed on duty Friday by there saying a fourteen year.
Speaker 3: Old I saw that man, So I just god, dang.
Speaker 2: I just want to send a resting peace to to that gentleman and condolences to his family. And uh, I think he had five brothers who went to the hospital to you know when when he did get shot. So I just want to send a resting peace and salute to all the police officers around the world.
Speaker 1: Question whether the targeted hit or was he doing a random stop?
Speaker 3: Like like what happened? And what the hell of fourteen year old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they made it seem like I guess they got a call and they said as soon as they the two officers stepped out the car, they would hit with gunfire. Both officers were hit. Joseph was the one that passed away. So getting more more details out there, man, absolutely, all right, well that is front page news.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: When we come back, Andrew Schultzer be joining us. They don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Chelamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, Lawn La Rosa. It's here, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: Hello Kyle Walker.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, Andrew says, ladies and gentlemen, welcome.
Speaker 11: How's it going.
Speaker 2: How you feeling?
Speaker 11: I feel good, man.
Speaker 27: I want to tell you had all of us thinking that that poor girl's family doc.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Portia Williams was terrifying. He's looking at this, to see her looking at the note.
Speaker 27: And then I'm like, damn, somebody died, and the only thing I'm thinking is is she gonna stop the interview?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 27: Like, there's this moment where you're like, does she care so much about fame. She's like, well, they already dead. They ain't gonna be boring.
Speaker 4: Death.
Speaker 25: She started to get teary eye, and the way she looked at her sister, I thought somebody died too.
Speaker 9: And I'm like, all I was thinking, is weird getting exclusive?
Speaker 3: But she worked to me, I'm just trying to get a You're just.
Speaker 2: Trying to get a.
Speaker 9: Major exclusive right here.
Speaker 3: You know, It's funny when Schultz walked in.
Speaker 1: Shultz looked at that couch and he was like, Yo, that's the whole couch big day.
Speaker 11: I didn't know the sessions.
Speaker 27: Now, the couches, the I mean, I remember we were on Brilliant Idiots when we first saw that and uh yo, oh my god. And charl said, uh so, why is she called the lyft?
Speaker 11: She should you know? She why didn she call a she called a fork lift? And uh she looked at the enough.
Speaker 2: And then she came on.
Speaker 27: It was really funny, Like I was watching the episode and she's quite endearing. She's just like really really endearing voice. But when you guys moved the couch up and I walked in, I was like, oh, that's the famous couch. And I didn't know that there are three pieces semi circle out.
Speaker 2: So you know, we pulled the whole thing up.
Speaker 27: Yeah, she feeled that thing out. There's no way she's making into a Honda Civic, Like there's no way.
Speaker 9: She said she could get into PC Cruiser.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't know. Yeah, maybe, but God bless her.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know. You know, with this day and age with comedy, right, we've recently seen Damion Waye say he's not going back out on the road because they will cancel you for everything. But you are somebody that don't give a f what you say, what people think, and why is that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know. That's a good that's a good. Uh, I don't know why.
Speaker 27: I don't really care. But I think that the days of canceling are done. Like I think, I think it's changed. I think they kind of like pendulum is swung, and I think people kind of have a sense of humor now or they feel like less effective and there's their ability to cancel.
Speaker 1: I think you don't care because you threw what could have been a hail Mary r could have been a well coordinated play.
Speaker 3: It turned out to be a well quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when Hollywood there was a period and I remember this vividly.
Speaker 3: One time Andrew comes in the studio.
Speaker 1: And Andrew was saying how his agent told him that Hollywood does not want white straight.
Speaker 2: No, they tried to gave me white straight male.
Speaker 11: So they they gave you.
Speaker 2: They gave me every day with me, they.
Speaker 27: Gave me, and they made my character gay. I remember the guy who it was his show. He put me in the show, Paul Riser. Remember Paul Riser. He I mean he was making a million dollars an episode on his show on sitcom back in the day, and we were doing the show.
Speaker 11: I think it ended up on Hulu. He called me.
Speaker 27: He's like, listen, man, you know there's a lot of white people on the show. That took place in the seventies. It was about the Johnny Carson Show. He's like, two weeks before you start feeling me. He's like, hey man, we gotta make a character gay. So I was he was like how. I was like, how gay? And he uh, he's I was like, why do we have to make it gay. He's like, it's just a lot of white people on the shows. We got to find a way to mix it up. They made one guy crippled.
Speaker 11: That was the most hilarious I know.
Speaker 27: But it was like they couldn't make us all gay, so like one guy gotta be crippled, and I was like, why don't you ask?
Speaker 2: I better be lipping around?
Speaker 11: But you know so, and that's.
Speaker 29: Both here, guys, that's a question.
Speaker 27: So h so yeah, so they made it was crazy, like I had to change one of the script.
Speaker 11: It was to one of the guys.
Speaker 2: It got too gay. They want the game.
Speaker 11: Gay now like they had so they had like his one script. I got it on the day.
Speaker 27: They're like, yeah, it'd be really funny if you were like walking into this room there's three guys behind you.
Speaker 11: And I was like, man, let me tell you what's not that.
Speaker 3: Y'all taking this too far?
Speaker 9: I want you to get the train.
Speaker 11: It was and it was like in the seventies or like it was like aides you know what.
Speaker 27: There was no protection for that and now we got three different guys balled me.
Speaker 2: Into a bedroom.
Speaker 11: So that was in the script when I was in the script and I was like, I ain't doing that, so what did you do?
Speaker 27: There's a scene where apparently like my hands are on the wall and then like John, yeah, yeah, but nothing I don't do anything, but the audience is gay for thinking about it, y'all.
Speaker 4: I don't set my.
Speaker 11: Hands on the wall.
Speaker 1: But all I was simply saying was there was a point where Andrew was like, look, I'm gonna go out on my own terms, you know what I'm saying. So if everybody's going this way, I'm gonna make the kind of comedy I want to make.
Speaker 3: And if it works, it works. If it doesn't, it does it. But it ended up working.
Speaker 4: I did. I did.
Speaker 27: My thing was like I saw a lot of people kind of watering down there for what the TV networks were putting on. I got empathy for the people that work at the networks too, Like you got a kid who's in private school, you want to build a pool at your house sort of, or you're not trying to lose your job because I want to make some crazy joke. So but it felt water down, and I didn't want to change the comedy. So I was like, where can I put out the comedy? And honestly, like having the pod with Charlottage and we're putting out like brilliant idiot stuff and we're saying crazy jokes, and like people really seem to like it, and I was like, I think there's an appetite for this online. I saw your Guys success, Like just seeing your Guys show kill it on YouTube, it just kind of reminded me like people are consuming stuff on YouTube, They're consuming high quality content, long form. What if we just started putting a stand up out there?
Speaker 11: And I think knowing that.
Speaker 27: There was this place for it made me feel way more confident. I didn't really care if it was like on a network. I just wanted to do the comedy I want to do and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people off you ever got threatened? Yeah, think Diddy. But when I was asking have you got threatened to a point where you was like, I got a chill out because you know anybody anyhow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I got punched on stage.
Speaker 27: I used to get me fight uh not I mean box, Yeah, use a box like I wasn't like, but I'm not like some like trying to fight everybody, tough guy at all, but.
Speaker 9: Box and do pilates.
Speaker 2: Yeah there you go, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Yeah, if we're organized and we're in a ring, I'll probably you up the streets.
Speaker 11: I'm like, I don't really want to go do all that.
Speaker 27: But yeah, Yeah, I used to go through through that kind of stuff all the time, but I just wasn't really funny enough back then. That's the way, you know, like you have the ideas, you just don't got the skills to execute it.
Speaker 11: It's not silly enough yet. And then eventually I.
Speaker 27: Think you could develop the skills and then you could say even wilder jokes but in a way where people find it kind of funny.
Speaker 25: And you talked about the censorship era being good for comedy because it set like certain boundaries like what.
Speaker 11: Not to got to be naughty.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but so having those boundaries and then you say, you look back at your old tape, you weren't as funny, so you had to develop. So you have like there's a whole system behind you of like like you sit and watch your highlight tapes and you use all of that to Yeah.
Speaker 11: I also think censorship, like in a weird way.
Speaker 27: I don't believe in censorship, but the fact that it exists makes you have to be sharper. We're in the era if you could say anything right now, and comedy will probably get a little bit more like an absurdist and a rev because you could say anything, so there's nothing that's like two edgy.
Speaker 11: Does that make sense? So now comedy usually gets like a little like weird.
Speaker 27: And out there, you know, like remember I remember Zach Allafanakus Remember him?
Speaker 11: Yeah first, yeah, yeah, yeah know, Zach's great.
Speaker 27: That type type of comedy where it's not like here's a political take, but it's more like he's a character.
Speaker 11: It's a little weird.
Speaker 27: That type of comedy gets popular when you could say anything, and then when censorship comes back, usually the guy's like a Chris Rock.
Speaker 11: I mean, just these like historic figures.
Speaker 1: But that's why I think well crafted just that's why the Life Special is actually special, because well crafted jokes have to make a comeback now because we live in the world where everybody just says, in what's the what's the joke? How are you packaging?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 27: Yeah, and people will give you that liberty like if if it's good, if the joke is good, they'll let you rock with it, even if they don't like the topic or even the opinion. They you know, they're they're like, Okay, I know what you're trying to say. Also, the Life one is just like so personal and it's so vulnerable. I think I get a little leeway with the other.
Speaker 2: We got more with Andrew Schultz when we come back. His Special Life is on Netflix right now. It's The Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning, Everybody's DJ NV Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren is here as well. We're kicking it with Andrew Scheltz.
Speaker 1: His new comedy Special Life is out right now now, Lauren, you watched it, right.
Speaker 9: I had to watch it twice.
Speaker 25: No, I don't like celebrate it, but Okay, So the first time I watched it, maybe because it was so personal, like I was like, Okay, where's the fun Like I wasn't laughing at everything was really yeah, but it was because I was trying to follow the story and I'm like, wait, like low key you like that was that had to be tough for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 25: And then I went back again and I watched it and it was funny and I was like, okay, but I'm like, I don't know why I had I've never had to do that. I brought that up because I'm wondering, like, is there is that on purpose?
Speaker 27: Well, there's a there's an interesting thing that like so the beginning of the special. I say we had the baby specifically for that reason is that I felt like the audience would be too concerned to destroy.
Speaker 11: So if you paid attention to the beginning, you might have felt better.
Speaker 25: Well, I did hear that in the beginning, and I watched you a brilliant idiot, So I thought you had the baby. But I think it is it felt so heavy because you don't necessarily hear men. And you talked about this in the special, talking about, Okay, we couldn't have the baby because it was.
Speaker 9: My fault, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 25: Like and I'm like, he's laughing and joking, but like, as a man that probably it probably still strokes your ego a little bit.
Speaker 11: When you talk about honestly know, like it's it's weird.
Speaker 27: At first I dealt with it, right, like, so my sperm, my sperm doesn't swim.
Speaker 11: That's like the issue that I talk.
Speaker 9: And there I heard the joke that Tailor dropped to him.
Speaker 27: What Taylor killed me? She said yeah, because we I beat her in a race. And then I was saying something to her. She was like, yeah, I run fast in your sperm was bad.
Speaker 3: And nobody knew it. We knew it at the time when he was the people.
Speaker 9: Yes, I remember ahead.
Speaker 11: So it was like that tough room over there.
Speaker 27: Oh no, it was, but the joke was fantastic, like you got to keep it in so uh yeah. So it's like when when I thought it was my wife's fault, which is what every guy thinks that's going through fertility is, I felt uncomfortable talking about on stage because that's like her very deep personal business and a lot of women feel incredibly insecure right about that, right, it makes them fee less of a woman, et cetera. Once I found out it was my fault, immediately after that.
Speaker 11: I actually want to like beat the system. I was like, now I think I could do it anyway.
Speaker 27: Like I got like really competitive, and then every time that we would try my and it didn't work, my wife would like cry, and I felt like it was really selfish if we just didn't go through this other process. Second we went with the other process, I felt really comfortable talking about it on stage. Like, actually, once I found out it was me, I felt comfortable talking about the stage because it wasn't like my wife's issue and I'm like exposing her like deep dark secret, right and when I started talking about on stage, man, the amount of people that would like come up to me and send me these dms, like these beautiful things about like what they're going through and I actually IVF and like eventually having kids, and like when you talk to IVF couples, you are or are talking to the people that face the reality they might never bring life into this world. And then by the grace of God, we're able to see this thing that they've cherished and maybe we're trying to make for years.
Speaker 11: So you have the most gratitude for your child.
Speaker 2: It's a tight knit community, like most people don't necessarily realize. You know, I got six kids, so the first fall big them out. We were trying to have the fifth one and we couldn't get pregnant, so we tried IVF. Oh really, we tried IVF for it because assurance didn't cover it. But as expensive as an effort, to the point when when we had the Powerhouse concerts up here, I would have to give my wife the shot because you have to give her a shot at a certainty.
Speaker 11: You gotta make it. It's like a cocktail, like I have to make it at home. They're giving you syringes.
Speaker 2: So in the middle of the concert, I'm in the back doing the shot, this, that and the other, and it still didn't work.
Speaker 1: So we was like we took it as well. Maybe God said four is enough, but at least you had four. Imagine the one that have zero.
Speaker 11: But it just got one.
Speaker 2: It happened, happened naturally, which was the craziest thing.
Speaker 27: Sometimes it's the stress, Like I know, it's the most it's the dumbest thing that you guys probably. I mean, you know about this just because all the mental health stuff you do, but like the way that you're can play tricks on your.
Speaker 11: Body that you got you put so much.
Speaker 27: Pressure on, like having a kid, and your body reacts negatively like that. Like there's a lot of people who try IVF it works, and then the next kid they have naturally, and it's just your body goes all right, this kid time, Like now you're not so stressed.
Speaker 11: You got one, and that might be it.
Speaker 27: You guys went all right, you know, if we're supposed to have four, that's what we're supposed to have.
Speaker 11: Forget it and then you stop trying and immediately.
Speaker 2: Bang, I'm glad you spoke about it because so many people dealing with it. Like we talked about it in the book that when you do it, so many people hit you.
Speaker 11: You'd be surprised and shot. It's the last.
Speaker 27: Taboo thing, and people are feel so insecure about it because you don't want your partner to be embarrassed. So like I'm telling you, it was easier that it was me. If it was my wife's ovaries, I don't think I'd ever talk about it, right.
Speaker 11: Because it could be humiliating for women.
Speaker 27: For dudes, yes, humillion for me, But like as a comedian, I think I'm a little like I find the joy in that humiliation.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's just it's easy for me to deal with. But I'll tell you, after.
Speaker 27: Talking about it and seeing all the other people going through it, it's like, yeah, that's why. Honestly, when we had Trump on, there was like three things that I want to ask him, and one of them I wanted him.
Speaker 11: To say publicly that he would he would protect IVF.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about that. How did you meet troum? How did you get like how are you to get this?
Speaker 27: They reached out and they were like, uh, do you want to have them on? And We're like yeah, we want to do in the studio. And then they were like, we can't do it in the studio. Like you know, Seanman goes. It's like it's a you guarantee the assassination. It's like windows everywhere. It's like, I don't even know why we were trying. It's like you walk right out the elevator, it's windows everywhere.
Speaker 11: But its bad.
Speaker 27: But uh but right, like you know, I hope that doesn't happen, but you know, but we were really pushing for that.
Speaker 11: And then and then when we did the pod, yeah, I like spoke to.
Speaker 27: His kid for a while before and I spoke to Dana White, which one junior junior, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 11: Just tell me some stories, and like I just kind of wanted.
Speaker 9: To the party. You talked about the party.
Speaker 27: Oh yeah, So he told me about that one. He told me that, yeah, yeah, there's a part I didn't say on the interview, but uh, because I said he just went up to the roof and kicked everybody out. But like what Junior told me is he was in his underwear. So like just imagine and imagine Trump Trump underwe Junior.
Speaker 25: For the people who haven't seen the interview Schultz in the group they talk about Donald Trump Junior had like a huge yeah, and then they had a third body out because Trump found out about the party.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, he was supposed to be back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was supposed to be back.
Speaker 25: It was kind of like something on like a movie my dad comes home, but he like never mentions it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So Trump Junior is like almost.
Speaker 11: Like it didn't happen exactly.
Speaker 9: We didn't know he was in his underwear. So that party got real crazy.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that was the first time he addressed it in like forty years or something like that.
Speaker 11: He never addressed it with his kid.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a guy in this room, a young black male who said he watched Trump on Flagrant.
Speaker 3: He goes, Yo, that flaggerant interview is gonna get Trump elected.
Speaker 27: That guy that you're talking about, he's been magging for a while.
Speaker 11: He was waiting for that moment.
Speaker 9: I felt the same way.
Speaker 25: That was the first time I looked at him as like a person. I was like, why am I Like, I was like, oh my god, he's a granddad. He cares about his kids. Like but it was like y'all made him.
Speaker 9: He was having a good.
Speaker 2: Time that and the commercial where another young black guy in this room did a commercial that Trump used and played over.
Speaker 11: I met that nobody who made that commercial.
Speaker 3: Over and over again.
Speaker 27: What he said, Yeah, he was like, hey, thanks, Charlotte Mane really helped us out.
Speaker 11: I mean that commercial was unbelievable.
Speaker 27: It was really crazy that the election was decided in this room right now.
Speaker 11: We don't get enough credit, but do.
Speaker 9: You get that response from people?
Speaker 25: Don't like, yo, ill humanized somebody that like we low key? Even even when he got shot, felt like people were like, oh, we don't want that to happen.
Speaker 27: But so what I'd say to people, and I have like a way more humble take than I think most like. I don't think that we had any impact on the election. I don't think that any of the podcasts like I think that America. I think what America had decided is a lot of America weren't voting for Trump. They were rejecting the current administration. They just didn't like what was happening. And I think the way that the current administration was campaigning, they're basically kind of saying, Hey, everything's good, We're gonna kind of keep doing this. I think a lot of Americans were like, I don't really feel like it's good, so I'm gonna go for anything but this.
Speaker 11: But I think the idea of Trump.
Speaker 27: Is always he's a populist, So if you vote for him, it means you love him and you're obsessed with him and your maggot till you die. Where I think a lot of it is really just rejection in the same way that when people voted for Biden.
Speaker 11: They ain't really vote for Biden. They voted against the chaos of Trump.
Speaker 2: All right, we got more with Andrew Sheltz when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning Morning. Everybody is ej Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura Roaster's hat with us as well. We're still kicking with Andrew Schultz. Now, what do you think about everything Trump is doing?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 11: Well, what specifically?
Speaker 2: There's a whole lot. I mean, there's so many orders that Joe Rogan.
Speaker 27: I think it was Megan Kelly, but yeah, I love the Yeah, the Gulf of America. I mean it's North America, Central America, South America. Why we call it the Golf of Mexico. It should feel like the Gulf of America. It's not the Gulf of North America. It's just the Gulf of America. But again, what I like is just like I like saying audacious. I'm an American, like Americans in general, like in our DNA, where like we like risk takers and we like people who are brave. And I think that's like the tricky thing for Democrats right now. And keep in mind, I'm like a lifelong Democrat. I grew up in an arts family. Both my parents were dance teachers, Like I live in New York City my whole life. So what I need is some energy on the Democratics side. We talk about this all the time. Is I need some like talk. I need some bodacious talk. And I think the thing that really Americans care about right now is that things are expensive, and I think Democrats need there build the wall and whatever that is. It has to happen to what people are struggling with right now.
Speaker 1: So if they first have to build a team, well exactly, but yo, it could just be one outsider, like like I think it's dollar eggs, Like eggs are a dollar.
Speaker 27: I think you just start saying like that it doesn't matter if you don't know how to do it.
Speaker 11: But you start saying something that's gonna resonate with people, and that's.
Speaker 27: The only And I think that if they make it a class issue, they win this election pretty easily come the next election. But they're afraid to do that because a lot of them are in the pockets of the billionaire class and the corporations. So they make it about identity politics. They it's all these people that go to like Harvard and Yale that like pretend to give.
Speaker 11: Up about you guys. They don't actually give up about you guys.
Speaker 27: But they get patted on the back for pretending to do it. And now they're in this situation where the rest of America is like I can't afford eggs, so I can't really care about the bathroom. Like I don't give about who goes in the bathroom because I need to buy eggs. Until I can buy eggs, I don't worry about the bathroom. So you got to start addressing people where their problems are. You like djaving a Crockett though I love that girl, but like that's the type of language that I want to start. I want I want people to start using like when she said you're putin's hoe. I don't agree with that sentiment actually at night, but I like the I like the energy because what people like about Trump, despite him being like a billionaire who got money from his dad, right, he doesn't talk like them. He talks like me and you. The Indian journalist is asking him a question. Dibbl dabbled, and then all of a sudden, dibble dabble, dibble dabble.
Speaker 11: And then he goes, I don't know what the hell that guy just said.
Speaker 27: That to me is the most relatable thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 11: I go, Yeah, that's what I would have said. That's what he would have said. That's what you would have said if we were just hanging around on the corner talking.
Speaker 2: I want to ask too, because you talking about walking the line, you walk a dope line because you have white fan base and black fan base. Is that difficult for you?
Speaker 11: Well, I said, I got your.
Speaker 2: Jokes go everywhere with you.
Speaker 27: I got the most diverse audience in comedy. It's not even close. Like it's just like you come to my show. It looks like the un So it's like in my experience in my life. I'm a pretty curious guy. So like, if I find out something about your culture, where you're from, whatever, I like talking about it, and I'm going to make jokes about just because that's my way of communicating the world.
Speaker 11: What I found is is.
Speaker 27: Like when you make fun of people based on things that they're proud of or they haven't realized about themselves, they don't feel offended. They feel kind of seen, they feel noticed, and they appreciate it. So all these different groups would start coming out to shows, you know, and I was like, oh, this is really cool. And when you ever, whenever it comes out to the show, we all kind of submit to this idea like everybody's gonna be made fun of, we all gonna laugh at each other, We're gonna laugh at ourselves, and it's a cool, little beautiful thing. So to me, it's never been like like black people found out about me before white people, Like I'm doing brilliantaires with him, like Guy Code, to be honest, black people were on way before white people. I mean, eventually towards the end seasons the guyde Code, I think it like just crossed over. But early on MTV two was more like hip hop related. Yeah, and then I think Rogan, I think white people started to find me, and then like you know, Indians found me. Obviously I do the pop with Akas, but also some standard clips that would go viral out there Albanians when we've seen me from some clip and like all these different groups would come out. Yes, it's my favorite thing of looking out in the audience. But I used to go to comedy clubs when I was on tour and the the owners would be like because would be all black people for the weekend. They would think I was like Gary Owen or something like that.
Speaker 11: They were going on.
Speaker 3: I never called you, like, man, what's the secret?
Speaker 2: Man? How do you get white people to I do also want to ask, do you still want to make love to Kendrick Lamar?
Speaker 11: I mean, like, honestly, it's hard to say no to that.
Speaker 2: You find the attractor?
Speaker 25: Yeah, man, did you see him in the clean jean?
Speaker 27: When I saw those jeans, I was like, boom, boom.
Speaker 3: Stop put it out stop.
Speaker 2: That was a joke.
Speaker 27: But somebody that raises him so fast, I'm just saying he's little, Like I hate having to explain jokes. He's any baby, So why is he telling he's gonna kill my friends. The biggest thing about this whole that nobody I don't even cared that he said about like me. Not saying jokes like that to me is like a million people said, not say jokes. The next line where he goes into the m words that coon and the Edwards being groomed, slide on both of them.
Speaker 11: What a slide mean to y'all?
Speaker 9: Take you out? But that's because I ain't no explaining him.
Speaker 23: You will say he.
Speaker 11: Killed my friends. Everything after that is fine. You took it there if you say kill.
Speaker 27: My friends, because a lot of people thought that was Charlemagne and alex Media.
Speaker 11: So if you go the next line you tell your fans to kill my friends.
Speaker 3: You getting made love to listen.
Speaker 1: I appreciate my friend trying to stick up for me, but I don't think he was talking about I don't think about.
Speaker 11: But how am I supposed to know?
Speaker 1: Weren't talk about Gary Owes that that's a good point.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 9: I'm not about.
Speaker 25: We know exactly what he was talking about because I heard, and I knew exactly.
Speaker 11: What I think it was.
Speaker 27: I didn't think it was me. I was like, why are you talking about me because of the and all the last Yeah, maybe he was talking about Matt he got I kept saying he was talking about me, and I was like, wait, if he's talking about me and is he telling people to kill my friends.
Speaker 11: Well, I gotta do something about that.
Speaker 3: I got to do something.
Speaker 27: I gotta do something, like I'm not a tough guy, you know, I'm a certified love the boy.
Speaker 3: It's Lucid Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Because Kendrick does what he wants to do and he gets rewarded, Like you can do that.
Speaker 27: This whole thing got blown out of purport. Like honestly, I think he's like obviously a prolific rapper. And I have a lot of respect for anybody that puts something out for judgment. I think there are a lot of people who like they just make reaction content, right, so they don't really know what it's like to like create a piece of art and put it out there in the world and let the world judge it.
Speaker 4: With that.
Speaker 27: That takes balls, and I admire people that have balls.
Speaker 1: Trump's trans executive orders, what he do his executive he got rid of trans, he got rid of trans what women they're not around anymore him?
Speaker 11: But That is how it is, though, isn't that how it is?
Speaker 4: Every day?
Speaker 9: Shine but the sun still come up.
Speaker 11: Well, here's the thing. I think there are trans people.
Speaker 2: No there are, but yeah, just recognize him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but that he's allowed to like, you can't force me to recognize.
Speaker 3: He's allowed to not believe. But that don't mean that it's not.
Speaker 11: True he was watching with game.
Speaker 27: If they didn't have the numbers, I don't know if I'm recognizing what, you know, what if they didn't number them, I don't know if I'm recognizing everyone.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what I'm saying right now.
Speaker 27: Listen, let me apologize before an Asian rapper comes from me.
Speaker 11: Gin, I'm sorry, Jen hits me up, all shout out.
Speaker 9: Get what you mean by the numbers?
Speaker 27: Now?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 11: Ever watch comedy to watch.
Speaker 4: The life is out right.
Speaker 2: Now, right now, it's Andrew Shultz. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning morning. Everybody is d J n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 23: Lauren be coming a straight fast.
Speaker 2: She gets them from somebody that knows.
Speaker 11: Somebody gets to detail.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonnad. Thats a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: Having the latest on.
Speaker 4: The latest with Lauren.
Speaker 24: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: It's the leads on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 9: Talk to me man, I like that.
Speaker 25: Yes, running it up all right, real quick before we get into the next story, I want to go back to the Drew Ski Odell Beckham Junior being accused of sexual assault with Diddy. Odell Beckham Junior did respond to U Drewski's tweet, So I wanted to make sure that we got this in in Drewski's tweet that I'm referring to is the statement from drew Ski that we read in the last hour, and Odell said he's talking to Drewski. He said, boy, I'll tell you what. This world makes absolutely no sense. I am covered by God. He will prevail. I know who I am. I know who you are talking to, Drewski. Keep your head. That name will be cleared. And then you call it the whole thing stupid. So didn't want to make sure that we mentioned that because I said that he hadn't directly responded and that was an update on that, all right.
Speaker 9: So moving on some confrontation.
Speaker 25: We had talked about steven and Lebron running down on stephen A Smith sideline of the game. Well, stephen A went on First Take in the stephen A Smith Show to talk about what actually happened. Now, first, let's take a listen to what Lebron actually said to steven A. Smith because people were trying to figure that out.
Speaker 9: For Yeah, I have even seen a couple of voiceovers. Yeah, let's take a listen to Steven A saying what Lebron actually said to him.
Speaker 30: I was sitting courtside and the next thing, you know, out of the blue, Lebron came in my face. He approached me during the game and he said, stopfing with my son. That's my fing son. Stop fing with my son. I said, what nah nah nah, straight up, man, the man real talk stop fing with my son. And I saw how furious he was, and I said, we talked about a nah that f that stopfing with my son. That's my son, that's my son. I said, all right, fine, and he walked away.
Speaker 25: Yeah, so just to clear up what we thought was said, I mean, it's instead of infected what people kind of thought.
Speaker 9: But those were the exact words now.
Speaker 25: Steven A then went on to talk about just the whole confrontation in general, and you know how an unfold. And I will say, when I watched it from steven A, I was like, I was a little disappointed in stephen A's And we'll get into it.
Speaker 9: Let's take a listen to the confrontation conversation.
Speaker 30: That wasn't a basketball player confronting me. That was a parent, That was a father. I can't sit here and be angry or feel slighted by Lebron James in any way in that regard.
Speaker 4: By all accounts, he's obviously.
Speaker 30: A wonderful family man and a wonderful father, kids very very deeply about his son. For the record, his agent and friend Rich Paul has my number. Lebron James knows how to get in contact with me if he wanted to.
Speaker 2: He never called, because had he called and wanted to talk to me, I would have.
Speaker 3: Accepted that call.
Speaker 30: But if we had had that conversation, I would have said to Lebron James, I never would speak negatively about your son. I was talking about you. I have nothing but the best wishes for Bronnie James. I wish him nothing but the best. I hope that he flourishes into an NBA star. I don't know anybody who roots against him, and it certainly isn't me.
Speaker 25: Now, there's one word that I want to play, and I want to get your thoughts on this. So then he talked about like the gist of it, like right, like people saying, Yo, stephen A, you becoming at Bronnie like crazy. He talks about why he actually talks about Bronnie. Let's say listen to that.
Speaker 30: The time that we were talking about him, he was percolating to such a degree that the Bronnie James stories had gone viral. And when I said the things that I said, I wasn't talking about Bronnie James because my attitude is he's a rookie. It's gonna take some time to get himself together. He'll be just fine, especially with JJ Reddick and the staff coaching him. I was talking about the position that he was put in by his dad. There was a quote that he gave in February of twenty twenty four, the work and results will ultimately do talking no matter what the size. If y'all don't know, he doesn't care what mock drafts say he just works earned, not given, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: But he also had said.
Speaker 30: His son could play on the Lakers right now, and he was better than half the dudes in the NBA. He instructed everybody before the draft that y'all want me drave Bronnie. Wherever Bronnie is at, That's where I'll be. My point was that because of who you are, one of the top two players in the history of basketball, there's an immense amount of pressure that comes with that.
Speaker 25: How y'all feel about all that, how y'all feel about Steven it's response to what happened.
Speaker 7: I thought going back to because I wasn't even y'all originally talked about it.
Speaker 9: But I don't think it was nothing wrong with Lebron did.
Speaker 7: I think it's a difference between doing commentary and then just streak coming at somebody like do you know how stephen a talk his delivery. He's never subtle about anything, Like he's very opinionated, and sometimes it definitely can come off as disrespectful, you know. And I felt like Lebron had a dad moment, like he said, like he came to me as a father, like not even a basketball player.
Speaker 9: Stop playing with my son.
Speaker 7: Now, I know that Brownnie is not exempt from commentary or you know, yeah, no he ain't. He ain't as fall, but he's not the most skilled player right now. But don't play with my son.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody's exempt from critique, and I think he's critique. And I think the whole world has been critiqued in Bronnie. I think you know, they put a lot of pressure on Bronnie because he signed to the Lakers, he went straight to the league. Yes, he deserves that critique. And for every action, it is a reaction. I have no problem with Steven A. Smith said, I have no problem what the world say. But I also have no problem as a dad Lebron saying something as well, because if somebody talks about my son, we know I'm going down. But same thing with John Moran, John Moran's dad. John Moran's dadd is very critical about people that talks his dad, and he can that's his son. At the end of the day, I'm on both sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I said Friday, I understand both angles. Stephen and they got a job to do as immediate personality, and Lebron got a job to do as a father, and steven A did say he wanted Lebron to stop as a father, so Lebron approached him as a father, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see the issue with either side.
Speaker 9: And I agree with the father conversation.
Speaker 25: I agree with Look, you say something you can't respond to how I mean, you don't know how Lebron's gonna act. And I love the fact that Lebron did it in person because he could have called steven A.
Speaker 9: He could it. Whatever you're gonna have to see me. I'm down with all that.
Speaker 25: The only thing I didn't like was I felt like steven A was like back skating away from having an opinion about it player, which is your job. And I thought that to me, that's not That's not what I look to hear from steven A Smith. He doesn't have to be disrespectful. He can say I respect what you're saying and do it as a father. But I do think you saying, oh, I was only talking about BRONI because of what Lebron said.
Speaker 9: No, you're talking about him because because he's being an.
Speaker 25: NBA player, So that's how you feel standing on that, and then also do that.
Speaker 1: I do think that when you listen to steven A's critique. His critique was mostly aimed at Lebron, which is why Lebron got pissed off because he literally said, you know, as a father, I'm begging you to stop this. And it's like, yo, what Didbron do other than get his son drafted regardless of what happens after his son get gets in the league. Lebron pushed to get his son drafted, as steven A just explained, So a lot of his critique was Lebron, But what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with using who you are to get your son a job?
Speaker 2: Nothing? But now, now, the only other thing that I would do as a father, I would make sure my son is the best. So when he starts kicking ass, I'm gonna come back and say, say what you gotta say now, stephen A Smith, I would prove it with actions, prove it with scoring twenty, scoring thirty, being able to guard the toughest people in the league, and then just give him the middle figure.
Speaker 3: What else gonna take time?
Speaker 2: It's gonna take time.
Speaker 25: And I just feel like steven A could have even said that, but to be like, you know what, I'm sorry, I'm leaving alone.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 25: It was the fact that he said he was sad by the response of like.
Speaker 1: Just like a lot of times you get in front of these microphones and you say things and then you know you might regret it later. You know, somebody might approached you. It might be backlash. If that's how he feels and you want to do that, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Wrong with that.
Speaker 9: I just don't see.
Speaker 25: I don't think that there was anything wrong with what he said. Like I feel like steven A just had a job and he was doing it.
Speaker 2: Like I don't see nothing wrong either. But I don't see nothing wrong with Lebron did either.
Speaker 7: It's the same thing like that people used to get made at Wendy, like for doing her job.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean like that love Wendy to death. That's my Girlma talked about Wendy.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about Wendy like on the show, Like if people get mad about saying anything, it's like, nah, she is doing her job.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but she, you know, Wendy get a little crazy. She used to put up the chart to the baby moms and stuff like that. You know, stephen A's was a little bit more not as salacious, but yeah, definitely was in Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is the latest with Lauren Charlamane. You want to apologize for for calling me Dominican all the time when I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, you should thank me for, you know, allowing you the opportunity to pick up your heritage what you.
Speaker 3: Never which is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Who are you giving your donkeys?
Speaker 4: Man for?
Speaker 1: After the hour, we need a young lady from Maryland to come to the front of the congregation. Now we're gonna do breakfast club court.
Speaker 3: Okay. Her name is Jaila Cunningham.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you might have seen the video where she dragged this person across her head salon floor because the person allegedly was running out on her.
Speaker 3: I want to take this to breakfast club court.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell y'all the story four after the hour, so I'm gonna let y'all decide whether or not she should get donkey today.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast club. Don't be out here acting like a donkey.
Speaker 4: It's time for donkey of a day. I'm a big boy.
Speaker 2: I could take it if you feel out deserve it ain't no big deal.
Speaker 3: I know, charlomagea god gonna have funny you've got to say. Then you may not agree with it, doesn't mean I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing Who's getting that donky?
Speaker 18: That donkey that don't don't don't don't don't.
Speaker 4: Dunk the other day right here.
Speaker 3: To the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Bitch you you could call me the donkey of the day, but like I mean no harm.
Speaker 1: Yes, donkey of today for Monday, March tenth, possibly could go to a young lady named Jaela Cunningham. Now we're gonna take this one to Breakfast Club court. I am gonna have to let you the jury decide if Jaela is going to be receiving donkey of to day because Jayla is an eighteen year old hairstylist who is facing a second degree assaul charge after dragging her fifteen year old client across the floor of her hansaloon. Okay, Now, Jaela claims the fifteen year old client tried to leave without paying for one hundred and fifty dollars service, but the young lady's mother says she accidentally sent the money old to the wrong account just a bunch of mess. Let's go to Fox five DC for the report police.
Speaker 20: In the video that has more than fifty four million views, you can see eighteen year old Jayla Cunningham dragging her fifteen year old client by the hooded sweatshirt, saying Jayla claims the fifteen year old was trying to leave without paying for the one hundred and fifty dollars service that included a weave with tracks. Jayla cutting the weave out of the teen's hair with scissors because she says the teen did not pay for the service.
Speaker 28: She ran forget tried, she ran without paying me, and then what did you do? I dragged her by her hood back into the salon until I can get paid, or know, until the police come, or until you know. She let me take out the service, and I feel like if I didn't do that, she would have been gone and I would have just never been paid.
Speaker 20: But the fifteen year old's mother says Jayla also dragged her by her hair when she grabbed her hood, and says that her daughter accidentally sent the money to the wrong cash app and was trying to pay Jala.
Speaker 10: It's just absolutely absurd and how he's dealing emotionally with this emostly not good, not good at all.
Speaker 1: Now, when I first saw this video, I had a few thoughts. One of my first thoughts was, well, maybe she asked for layers, and I guess the hairdresser thought that included the layer of linoleum on the floor. My second thought to myself was who is this woman that don't got no squabbles? That she let Jaela Cunningham drag her by the hair across the floor like that. But all I did was see the video. I wasn't aware of the ages eighteen and fifteen, so that gave me more context. That's why she was able to manhandle that individual that was a little girl. Then I thought to myself, I understand the frustration. You were a business owner, you're an entrepreneur. You might have had a few people do this to you before, so you fed up. But the one main thought I had was you can't handle a situation like that. You can't handle a situation with this type of violence, because truthfully, I'm shocked she's not charged with kidnapping. If you force somebody somewhere and hold them against their will, that's kidnapping.
Speaker 3: So Jayla, I understand you, young, okay.
Speaker 1: But as an eighteen year old boss CEO of your own company, business owner, A slutely positively cannot conduct yourself like this. Okay, See, you had this woman's information already, you knew who she was, and I'm assuming you knew her age. Just go tell her mama and tell her mama. If you don't get paid, you're gonna press charges. But what makes this even crazier is clearly this was all one big misunderstanding because you heard what the mama said. The mother said, the young lady just sent the money to the wrong cash act.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds believable.
Speaker 1: I just don't know why Jaela didn't take the time to even hear the young lady out. You can't go from zero to dad deevil in zero point six seconds. I mean, this type of vigilante justice only works in TV shows and movies. Batman wouldn't even do no no criminal and got them like you did this young lady, dragging her across the floor like a body at a crime scene. You ever heard somebody say, I'll mop the floor with your ass, Jayla, literally looked like she.
Speaker 3: Was mopping the floor with this young girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not what this young lady thought she would receive, Jayla when you told her to come get snatched.
Speaker 3: Okay. This is why you don't react emotion.
Speaker 1: You don't make decisions or take any action based off how you feel in the moment. You should take a breath and consider the situation calmly and rationally before responding. I understand the emotional response, the emotional response that someone stealing from you can trigger. I understand you done worked hard installing this woman's hair, and when she doesn't pay you for her unit, okay, you want to show her your unit is g but even fifty cent will tell you.
Speaker 3: Don't move off emotion.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: He wrote a great book called Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter, and in.
Speaker 1: That book he says you should always fight for your worth, but never take offense that you have to fight in the first place. When you do that, you're moving off of emotion. It might not be fair, but to get what you want, you can only move off strategy. The moral of the story is, don't move off of emotion, move off strategy, jailor you moved off of emotion here and now you're gonna need way more than one hundred and fifty dollars to get you out of this situation. Now, I personally feel like this story is all the way true. She should get donkey of to day, Meaning if she wasn't trying to run off, if the little fifteen year old girl wasn't trying to run off, she just sent the money to the wrong person like her mother said, then jail Is should for sure get donkey of to day. But even if she was trying to run I think Jailer should still get donkey because you simply can't conduct yourself like this as the owner of a business.
Speaker 3: But what do y'all think? What do y'all think?
Speaker 1: One? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five win, Let's take her to breakfast club court Jailer cunning Ham's Jala cunning Ham, eighteen year old hair stylist.
Speaker 2: Yes, drag the fifteen year old girl. Don't sit off the floor, say nothing yet off the floor of the hair salon. Well, we're gonna take the calls when we come back. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. I just have to throw this out there. I'm sorry, Charlamage, because I feel like you're trying to swear to jury just a little bit now, ja that I'm just telling the fact. Jaala did respond. She said, y'all feel bad because it came out to me that she was fifteen, which I never knew. But what about me, I'm an eighteen year old business owner who constantly has to deal with people trying to get over on me. Just call the cash at mistake was not on me, but since she sent it to the wrong person, what I was supposed to not get paid like that's wrong as f It was very unprofessional. But you don't run out on nobody while they're waiting for you to send the money for your services to them. When I was nothing but respectful and nice to her the entire appointment. So if she ran out, she did not know the young lady was fifteen. Let's discuss eight hundred and five eight five one oh five. One will take your calls should she get donkey today, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's theej env justilarious, Charlomagne the God we are the Breakfast Club. Now for if you're just joining us Charlomagne may or may not have the given donkey of the day to who.
Speaker 1: Jayla Cunningham Jaela Cunningham is a young hairstyle She's eighteen year old, eighteen years old from Maryland, and she's facing a second degree assault charge after dragging her fifteen year old client across the floor of her hand salon.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 1: Jailer claims the fifteen year old client tried to leave without paying for one hundred and fifty dollars service, but the young lady's mother says she accidentally sent the money old to the wrong account.
Speaker 2: Right, so we're asking should she get Donkey of the day. Let's start with you, jess. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 31: Uh?
Speaker 7: No, I don't think she should win because look, we ain't going like this. Well, I don't know if y'all know or that this happens all the time all the time. I believe she acted like that because she's eighteen years old, like she's not grown yet, you know what I mean? So yeah, whether you know people run out all the time, and look and look, if you did send somebody wrong cashit, why you ain't shure me? And why was you trying to run? Why are you running? So yeah, you know, they both young. It's just that Surety wasn't eighteen. She fifteen, right, And she didn't before she sat in the chair.
Speaker 9: She didn't tell her I'm fifteen years old.
Speaker 7: Jayla also didn't check her ID because that's on her website too, like you gotta be eighteen or whatever, But she didn't check the girl I d But the girl sat down knowing that rule, like.
Speaker 9: All right, I supposed to be eighteen. People run off all the time. You got dragged back in.
Speaker 1: I mean it is what it is.
Speaker 9: You lucky shit like she said, lucky, I beach ass, but you got dragged. I mean that's it.
Speaker 7: I don't think Jayla's wrong, and I think the mom is wrong too. I mean the the client's mom is wrong for sticking up the behavior like that. If the cash Act thing was.
Speaker 2: A lot, well, I will say this, I tend to agree with you, Jess, and I'll tell you the reason why. The young lady Jayla, who owns a business at eighteen, who just did all that work, and how long does it take to usually do that to those type of breaks.
Speaker 9: Three to four hours?
Speaker 2: Three or four hours? And she did not know the young lady was fifteen. She thought the young lady was eighteen. Right, if it was fifteen, and it's a different call. But if you're an adult or an eighteen adult, yes, people run out all the time. Sometimes you gotta grab it with the hell you think you're going. That's the main thing. Now send in to a wrong cash app. That happens all day long. I sent somebody a wrong cash app before, but that person still needs to get paid. That's not that person's fault, that's your fault at So do I necessarily think that she should be arrested, in charge and get donkey of the day, I don't. I disagree. If she knew the child was fifteen, then yes she deserves donkey. But because she did not know she was fifteen, she thought she was eighteen and the young lady ran out on her, I'll say allegedly, I don't think she should get donkey other day.
Speaker 4: Charnavielle.
Speaker 1: Both of y'all are omitting the fact that she ran after the young girl grabbed her and dragged her back in the handsalon. So once you do that, you've made a choice, and that choice is actually a crime. I'm actually surprised you didn't get charged with kidnapping. It's crime because whenever you move somebody against their will, that's kidnapped. But it's I'm actually I'm actually shocked she didn't get charged with kidnapping. But also in a woman's statement jailer Cunningham, she said, because you sent somebody the wrong cash app that's my fault.
Speaker 3: No, it's not your fault.
Speaker 1: But the mother also said they were trying to figure out how to rectify the situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so suit your ass right here. Why y'all figure it out because I still need my bread.
Speaker 11: Don't try to run out.
Speaker 9: I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't. Yeah, I don't know if she tried to run out of not. But even if she did try to run out, that does not Yeah, but that don't justify sure, but that listen, you can say that she had the right to assault her, but it's still a.
Speaker 3: Crime, y'all.
Speaker 7: I didn't say she had the right to you. I said, I don't think she I mean, I listen, I did the same. So that's what I'm saying. I didn't say she.
Speaker 9: Had the right to Yeah, it's wrong, but yeah, both was wrong.
Speaker 3: That you got to be so you got to be willing to deal with the consequence of your acts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maintained maybe eighty three I wouldn't have did that, and she didn't, But.
Speaker 1: Eighteen eighteen is still an adult in the eyes of the laween.
Speaker 2: That is true, But she thought the girl was older. And also she didn't hit the girl. She could have said I was holding her, detaining her until the police came because there was that kidnapping. It wasn't a way, and it's not that's not kidnapping. If she's running out on the charge, that's not kidding. If the police can Daddy, call your dad.
Speaker 3: You know for a fact, we've had this conversation.
Speaker 1: If you move, if you move somebody afoot against their will, that's kidnap.
Speaker 2: If you do something illegal and I'm detaining you into the police coming, I don't think it's the king away.
Speaker 9: That's not the charge. Kim Napping is not the charge.
Speaker 3: Right, Second second degree assault is though either way.
Speaker 1: But let's she's gonna have to spend way more than one hundred and fifty dollars to get out this situation.
Speaker 9: Not the charge, just assaults.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the phone lines, and I'm sure this happened before, so she's probably like none, Hello, who's doing Hello?
Speaker 18: Heying me?
Speaker 19: Lorme?
Speaker 11: What's your name.
Speaker 2: And what's your thoughts?
Speaker 18: My thought is I don't think to hear someone stylace is wrong. Like in this dame age, everybody knows how past after work, you're gonna show your phone like look this you yeah, okay, now I'm gonna send it. No, when you were going down the shop, you knew that you didn't play that girl her money. Now maybe she should in the blast of her heart, but maybe she was resistant. Oh get your coin playing in my face. I think the person who disves it he has here today? Is that why he had to say that she got towing the track.
Speaker 29: That was.
Speaker 2: Take you jocko?
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this was good?
Speaker 21: It was good?
Speaker 2: It's animal to God, good morning animal. Talk to us what she thoughts?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 21: Honestly, I feel like at the end of the day, the mom should be you know what I mean. So the mom should be on point, like if she felt like if he felt if she felt like it was a mistake, why did she run off? You feel what I'm saying, Well, she.
Speaker 2: Ran on now, I'm sure because she was fifteen and probably scared. She'd probably been there all day and probably wanted to go home. But the thing is, we didn't know. She didn't know, But that's what you know.
Speaker 21: But that's what I'm saying. Though she didn't know that. She was fifteen and on top of the and on top of that, like she ran off. So it's like, it's like, you don't do It's like you don't hide or lie.
Speaker 6: You don't lie.
Speaker 21: You telling the truth what you're running off for.
Speaker 7: It's a mistake. If I honestly sent it to somebody else. Hold up, I'm gonna set her hands and we get this right. My mother gonna send you this, or we gotta make sure the person sent it back.
Speaker 9: Something like that. You wouldn't have ran if you did make the mistake.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: It's wipe Montale Man little well Kentucky.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Jens?
Speaker 4: And Queen's what's up? Brother? Talk to us?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 3: Don'ty of the year?
Speaker 4: She don't just get to day. She get the year.
Speaker 3: Man at the end of the day.
Speaker 21: If Thatt little girl was running, she wouldn't have called her. You see guys all the time, run from barber shops and don't get caught.
Speaker 18: And just like this, Lebron James, y'all laughing, Sir Stephen A.
Speaker 6: Smith, Lebron James, that's a parent.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even be a mom.
Speaker 18: That's like, oh, I'm just too bad that she.
Speaker 21: I would be up fut with lawyers, police officer d A B I B A B breakfast cloud.
Speaker 6: N for life.
Speaker 22: She ye is they hired.
Speaker 1: They hired a law firm called Jackson and Associates to represent the teenager.
Speaker 3: They about to suit the hell out this woman.
Speaker 2: But she eighteen. She probably ain't got much like what they gonna get.
Speaker 11: She was chasing her.
Speaker 1: She keep saying she's eighteen, Like y'all keep saying she eighteen, Like she's not an adult.
Speaker 3: That's an adult, bro, She is an a woman.
Speaker 9: She's eighteen, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's an adult in the eyes of the law.
Speaker 7: One, No, she's got much of experience. She eighteen, whatever, both of me, that's an adult in the eyes of the law. Be in high school, basically a senior whoop a freshman on sophomore's ass.
Speaker 3: That's it eight hundred if listening talking about real quick.
Speaker 11: If that school wasn't mad at though.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, I know y'all keep saying that, but eighteen is an adult because if that was an eighteen year old sleeping with a fifteen year old, he would get.
Speaker 3: Charged on straight. Like I'm just telling you eighteen is an adult. You keep backing like that's not an adult.
Speaker 2: Eighteen is an adult, right, But she thought she was eighteen on the thing it says you have to be eighteen to get here. Now, she should have checked. This is a young girl that started her own business new she she just thinks that she don't know and it's horrible. But I don't think she should go to jail.
Speaker 5: That she.
Speaker 3: Us like you know what I mean, She's like you. She wanted to learn a hard lesson.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one? Shd she get donky today? Will take you when we come back. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody at seej Envy just hilarious. Charlomagne the god we are the breakfast club. If he's just joining us, Charlemagne might or might not give donkey to day to.
Speaker 1: Who Jailer Cunningham Jaela Cunningham is a young lady who is a hairstylist. Eighteen year old hairstylist in Maryland who was facing a second degree assault charge after dragging her fifteen year old client across the floor of hair hair salon. Jail claims the fifteen year old client tried to run out without paying for one hundred and fifty dollars service, but the young lady's mother says she accidentally sent the money to the wrong account.
Speaker 2: Right now, there is there should be a charge for the young lady from running out on the bill as well, then, right, because it's the same thing. If you go to a restaurant and you eat and you run out, they charge you. Correct, it's the same thing, right, But there's no difference if you like dash, yeah, because that's what she did.
Speaker 4: Dash.
Speaker 2: Right, it's the same thing.
Speaker 9: You be charged, right, I don't know if that's charging. Yeah, well yeah, yeah, you get arrested for that.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this J?
Speaker 2: Hey J Good morning?
Speaker 22: Good morning's Jay? So my thought is the silence she handled it correctly because these fifteen year old they're not the same fifteen year old side from back in the day, So you have to handle them accordingly. You want to act grown where I'm gonna treat you like you've grown. And if she sent the payment to the wrong cash at, she could have showed that to the silence and said, hey, look at my phone.
Speaker 9: I sent it.
Speaker 22: I sent it to the wrong person. Instead of trying to run, we're gonna figure this out. And the mama, she's just as dirty as the daughter because now you're trying to cover up for your child instead of you being holding her accountable. That's why these kids run.
Speaker 9: Around like this.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you mama. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Told us?
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts? Man?
Speaker 18: My thoughts is I see I'm a father of five, right, so to me, they all here like eight. Things don't make you grow, you know what I'm saying. That was a child and a child not knowing how to handle a mature is the situation. The fifteen year old's crazy. God think the eighteen year old, she' you probably still in high school? Like what you gonna do if another high school suit take your money in there at once? You're gonna be ready to fight kill a kid. So I think they need older people to guide them. I mean, he got all these little gun girls, and you have people doing last years at sixteen seventeen and doing hair. I think there needs some type of like guidance or they have to take some type of like a little month's programs to.
Speaker 9: Classes. Yeah, all of that business my daughter do last.
Speaker 18: Yes, you know what I mean. Me and my wife always try to tell her, make sure you get your at least your other positive up front. Do you know this girl before she comes to your house? Do you know anything about them? Like we just asked them pleasures, try to make them be like alerting and certain about what they're dealing with. But I do think that little girl is trying to get away because Tanchat has no return policy. So if that was the truth, then she ain't about to get that money back. That little nobody to have them more money. She probably just paying. She probably didn't need to call them out. He's like like, this is my allounce mane. Just when I say that I ain't got no let me get the heck up out of here. I think it was an instant probably if she really distant to the wrong person and the other girl, he's only eighteen. You ain't gonna play with me.
Speaker 21: I'm gonna see you at.
Speaker 18: Fool when I never get you at school, fool woman, are you the way I'm gonna sink you? It might be a night this girl trying to play meet kid?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Thank you brother?
Speaker 2: All right, ch'alamaine, you got about what nine ten calls just wanted.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: The jury doesn't want jailer to get donkey here today. But you know, as a business owner, you can't carry yourself like that. You still have to be responsible for your actions. And you know, we keep saying she's eighteen, which is true. You know she's not emotionally mature enough, but in the eyes of the laws, she's an adult and a business owner. Now she's gonna get sued because they are. The teenager's mother already got the girl a lawyer. Now she already got a charge. So it's gonna cost her way more than one hundred and fifty dollars to get out of this situation. But y'all don't want her to get donkey of today, so she's not getting dounky to day.
Speaker 23: All right.
Speaker 2: I wish you would have ended, you know, a lot easier than that, because, like you said, one hundred and fifty dollars eight worth none of this, and I'm sure that's the whole point of us would one hundred and fifty dollars just so both these girls wouldn't have to go to the court system and all that bs.
Speaker 29: You know.
Speaker 9: But like from an eighteen year old perspective, somebody run around on my businesses.
Speaker 11: Probably this is my bread.
Speaker 9: I just spent four hours doing. Yeah, what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: And that's why, and that's why us as grown people are here to communicate these things to the younger generation. Like the dude that called and said, these people should have some type of u epics classes, you know, before they open the business. Yeah, but that's why we're here to teach the next generation. And this should be a teachable experience for other young entrepreneurs. You can't move like this is a business owner.
Speaker 4: It just can't.
Speaker 9: It's a teachable experience.
Speaker 7: But both of them now, she probably won't run out no more and Jayla won't be dragging nobody else.
Speaker 2: But it's also difficult, right, like would you pay your ball before you get a cut? Would you pay your hairdresser before you get a cut?
Speaker 3: With yes, you don't, I'm talking about just don't. Most handsome laws take a deposit, Oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, take the posits yeah, but I'm not paying that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but no they yeah, they were wire and if you cancel anything, you can't even get.
Speaker 2: That posit back here. But the reason that most people don't want to pay it front because if you mess up my head. I got at the deposit. You pay a deposit. All right, Well we got the latest with Lauren coming up. What we're talking about and LEADYG dropped the song. He said he just want to see his son. Okay, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 11: Just add him.
Speaker 9: Yoh, we always got him.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast slog. Good morning the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody's d J n V. Just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 23: Lauren, you're coming with straight fast.
Speaker 2: She gets them.
Speaker 3: Somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 9: I'm a long bir was a little bit about everything, and.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on.
Speaker 4: The Latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 24: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little.
Speaker 4: Bit of everything on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 29: Oh so.
Speaker 9: Switch her dis real quick because it's just like laughing joking, just really quick. I broke his.
Speaker 25: Story over the weekend if you guys are not following me outide of Bakfast Club and you followed me at Laura la Rosa Twitter Instagram, because we you know, latest keeps going twenty four hours Angie Stone, so we knew that she would be having two services. There's going to be one in Atlanta, Georgia, on Friday, March fourteenth, which is open to you know, public, friends, family as well. And then Saturday, March fifteen, she's having another homegoing service in her hometown of Columbia, South Carolina, which is private. But over the weekend I was able to release some details on the performers and the guest speakers who will be involved in the services. So on the list we have Tyler Perry who will be speaking, Kirk Franklin will be performing the Angie Stone Memorial Choir under direction of Rickie Dillard, Anthony Hamilton, the Walls Group, Kecky Wyatt and Malaman Music Soul Child Hugh Parker Stout. So it's I just wanted to, you know, make sure that we show some love and uh, just let you guys know what's about to happen. Because there were details circulating about who people thought are going to come so yeah, absolutely, Yeah, so that'll be going down this weekend. I also too quickly wanted to say rest in piece of Dwayne Wiggins, the founding member of Tony Tony Tone, who also it was announced they passed away over the weekend as well too, from bladder cancer. So our legends are, you know, yeah, getting up out of here, but shifting gears.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, they're transitioning, Lord Lord.
Speaker 9: When when when Dwayne Wiggins passed away this weekend?
Speaker 25: Literally, I was like, man, like, I know that people are getting older and the transition is happening, but it feels like it's all happening at once.
Speaker 7: It's like, but do you look at the cause of it too, you know, the bladder cancer, And it's just I just that's a bigger message for people to.
Speaker 9: Just take care of themselves. Yeah, try to catch problems head on before it gets worse. Yeah, it feels like it's like every day at this you could.
Speaker 2: And you could tell her age because she said Tony Tony Tone, it's Tony to the last one has an east, but it's Tony Tony.
Speaker 9: Has a mark over too. But I didn't think that that was the thing.
Speaker 2: No, I just thought it was Tone has done it.
Speaker 14: That feels good.
Speaker 9: Let's move on because you still look like no, it's Tone. No, I didn't know to be get into the song. And when you said feels good, I knew that part of it.
Speaker 25: Yes, okay, also too, I didn't know how incremental he was in Beyonce's career.
Speaker 9: I learned that over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Did you know that they signed.
Speaker 25: Yeah, he's the reason why we have Destiny Shout and Beyonce. He took them to get their first deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 25: So her mom and dad you know, showed him some lover of the weekend as well. So learning, We're all learning here, Okay, now switching gears.
Speaker 9: Doci. I love Doci to death, of course, my girl.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 25: She first of all just killed Paris Fashion Week, popped out with Lauren Hill after that.
Speaker 2: But Little Coach was out. Yeah it is what it is.
Speaker 9: It look was it was the outfit though.
Speaker 3: It was amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah it was great.
Speaker 25: But Doci was you know, she sat down and did an interview and she was on First We Feast and she's with her DJ DJ Miss Milan and are talking about red flags and just asking each other questions.
Speaker 9: Let's take a listen to doci's biggest red flag when dating? What's my biggest dating red flag? Is it being on the d L.
Speaker 8: You know what's so crazy? I was gonna say men, like I mean strike one, you're man, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 9: A sex Yeah. I was gonna say so technically because my mind was already there. I don't think I deserve to eat a wing.
Speaker 3: I think you do.
Speaker 19: Friend.
Speaker 25: So when when the buzzer goes off, though, she shows a board where she has straight men written on the board, and people were upset because they're like, what does she mean her biggest red flag is straight man? And I'm like, obviously that's her preference. She says that she dates, uh, you know, men that are by as well. But even if I think she was jokingly, I think this is my interpretation of it. She was jokingly kind of throwing jabs at like men who are super like super super heterosexual, Like the woman has a certain place in the home and you can't speak speak when spoken to, like making a joke about that, because that's a conversation as well. And baby, when I say hit dogs were hollering over on Twitter they were so upset.
Speaker 9: I'm like this it was a joke. I didn't think it was.
Speaker 7: That was Shane elabret or she said was straight men. Yeah, but I mean you you get what she was saying. I mean, I don't even know what you think. I don't even know that you know what I mean. She probably just really liked the bisexual people, because she did say when she was up here, how she's going to like contradict herself. She was like, a lot of people got problems with dating by men, But if I'm by why would I have a problem with somebody else being bisexual?
Speaker 23: You know what I man?
Speaker 25: So they just turned this into the whole black did I seen people like, oh, let me go and follow her and let me I'm like, they said that she's somebody tweeted every year the calendar changes and black women find more ways to turn black men off. What And then they said she's destroying the black family home.
Speaker 9: It's just another preference for somebody. That's her preference, and I love her. I'm going to keep on real straight. When you come over, you got to be a little sustant. I mean, okay, and do we have time?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 25: So DDG speaking up the Black family. DDG is now coming out and seeing that Hally won't let him see his son.
Speaker 31: Say listen, every single day or every other day, I'm trying to see him. I'm trying to get him to come over. I never get him dropped off. I always go pick him up. I live far, so I'm driving hours to go get them, and then I get there and I can't get them. I can't see him. My son is sick right now. I want to see my son. I want to hold my son. I don't get the chance to do that. I get pinned against the wall. And then everything else is variables on why I can't see my son. They don't have nothing to do with me working. By the way, I'm not gonna air out her business, but me and her has not been together for a long time. Like I don't know if it's I don't know what it is, but it's been going on for a minute. But I'm really just coming on this month. It's just a dad that really don't know what to do at this point. I really feel like I'm a nanny at this point, the nanny has been able to have my son more than me.
Speaker 9: As a dad. You don't know what to do at this point, Like there's no courts.
Speaker 7: There's no legal situation. There's nothing that you can do. If you feel like you, if there's nothing else you can do, let me just go to the internet.
Speaker 1: And yeah, kids live for the internet, Like I don't understand why they have to vent everything to the internet.
Speaker 3: Go tell that to the lawyer and try to get some custody of your son, Like why rent to the internet with that?
Speaker 9: And then I hardy just said that hearing the baby hit RSV.
Speaker 7: People don't understand how the sikest that is, yo, Like, that's why you couldn't That's why because it was a thing where he was she said. He said, she told me, I can pick him up, but I can't hang out, like I can't be with him at her house. All right, y'all if y'all broken up, you don't need to be with him at my house, like because he was saying that also in one of them lives as well, like I can pick him up, but I can't be He wanted to be in there, you know what I mean? But no, And you probably got RSB from being somewhere, you know, just being in people's face and all. That's where it comes from. And then now she got it too, so it's just they just have to quarantine right now, so you ain't gonna be able to see your baby.
Speaker 3: So I'm pretty sure he's talking about before they were sick.
Speaker 9: Though I think that since the baby was felt like this, I think.
Speaker 1: They conflicting two different stories because Holly came out with that and then now people are trying to combine it too.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure he's talking about before they were sick.
Speaker 25: He also did mention though, to Justic's point, when it like right now, he was saying, basically like, my baby's sick and I want to be able to help my baby get better, but I can't go see it.
Speaker 9: But I think it's a thing of there not together.
Speaker 25: But both of them are like super parents, so they both want to be there every single time, every single moment, but they're not together. So it's causing some difficulty now as far as like the core thing, he did, so he's keeping track of the days that go by that he is not able to see his kid, so that's not off the table. But I mean when I heard this, I was like, well, this saying that's I mean, that's telling you if you tell me if you think otherwise.
Speaker 9: But DDG got the baby more than she do. If were looking at what we see online, he posts the baby alive, I will say that it was.
Speaker 7: Since the baby was born. Like I feel like we see the baby with him more than anybody.
Speaker 25: He might just feel like it's not as consistent as he wants it to be because he's so involved.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's going on off camera. But I'm like Yo and Holly don't. Probably don't live for the internet like DDG does. Because just because DDG shows the baby more online, that definitely don't mean that the baby's with him more.
Speaker 3: Just because he shows the baby more online, right, Well.
Speaker 25: He dropped a song about this as well too, and that didn't work out well for him. People really a song my Baby back by that sound like a.
Speaker 7: But it ain't only about Halo. It's about Halley too. I don't know, moving on, I know you're not. Yeah, this ain't all about Halo, all right. That is the latest with Lauren. Al Right, it's the Breakfast Club coming to Mix Up next year. You're checking out the Breakfast Club more than everybody is.
Speaker 2: DJ v Jesse, Larry Schela mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club. La La Rosa is here. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed if Congressman Al Green, welcome, bro, thank you, thank you, thank you for joining. That's how you feel it.
Speaker 14: Well, I'm feeling quite well. Better than I deserve is what I usually say, because candidly I had the gift of life. I didn't earn it, and I'm appreciative and I try as best as I can to appreciate the life that I have. But current events obviously are on my mind. And notwithstanding these events, I still say that I'm better than I deserve.
Speaker 3: And not only do you have one of the greatest R and B singer's name, you got an R and B voice smooth.
Speaker 14: Well, I've never been acknowledged in this fashion before. I have had people to say to me, well, let me give you this example. I was introduced and it was a great introduction, one of the best introductions.
Speaker 3: I've ever had.
Speaker 14: And as I was going to speak, the gentleman said to me, before you finish what you just please sing one song. He knew not that I was just give us one one song?
Speaker 2: What do I want to start from back? Before we get into everything that's going on. Who is al Green and what made you wanted to get into serving people?
Speaker 14: But probably started early in life when I was a child in elementary school, my teacher, Miss Graham, I believe was her name. I had the class to all assume some office or run for some office, and I was running for class president, and my theme was go with Green. And that meant something to me then and it continued. President of student body, president of freshman class in college. Once you get into this, it seems to envelop you and you just don't leave it immediately. So I didn't plan to do this. It sort of consumed me in a sense.
Speaker 3: And here I am.
Speaker 14: So it's not a contrived thing.
Speaker 1: You know, you caused some good trouble the other night when you stood up and spoke out of the Joint Session of Congress. I think was getting lost is what you actually said. Thank you, and you said that you have.
Speaker 3: No mandate on Medicare, no mandate to cut.
Speaker 14: Medicaid, no mandate to cut Literally. I had my coat, my cane, and I was about to make my exit because I really didn't want to sit through what I knew the president would do. So as I was about to make my exit, he made this statement about his mandate, and I said to him, you have no mandate to cut medicaid. And by the way, I didn't come to say that. I did not. It was spontaneity.
Speaker 4: It was just something.
Speaker 14: Yes, So I said it, and of course the speaker admonished me. He said that I should take a seat, but at the moment I had to make the point, so I said it again. Speaker monished me again, and the speaker did his job. He said, well, you got to be removed. And so I was evicted. And by the way, the officers who evicted me were very kind. They didn't say anything to me that was out of order. They were very kind to me. But it didn't matter to me what the consequences were. And I've shared this with other people. John Lewis and I were friends. We talked about this notion of peaceful protests, and a part of it is is not just getting in the way. As he put it, you have to get.
Speaker 4: In the way.
Speaker 14: You have to be disruptive. People are not going to like you some but when you do this, you have to also be prepared to suffer the consequences. So when I did it, I was prepared to suffer the consequences, and I'm prepared now, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to like the consequence. You can be prepared to suffer things that you don't agree with. I don't agree with what happened, but I was prepared to suffer because Medicaid means so much to so many people. One in every five persons with insurance in this country is covered by virtual medicaid, and if we lose Medicaid, we're going to lose lives. The President buying through his agents in Congress, as should a mandate Repast legislation to cut eight hundred and eighty billion dollars from the committee that has jurisdiction over Medicaid. You cannot do that. You cannot do that without cutting into Medicaid. And if you do that, you're going I heard a lot of people that I represent, so I'm standing for them because they can't stand for themselves understanding that they need this health care.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you explained that, but I also you said something. You said that the speaker was doing his job. So if that's the case, why didn't Democratic speakers do their job and kick out Joe Wilson when he yelled at Barack Obama, you lied, why didn't do their job? And kick out Marjorie Taylor Green or Bolbird like, why don't they do their job?
Speaker 14: This is why I came to the program because I would get a question like this, And I really appreciate this question because it gets to the essence of where we are. But a good many of us don't realize it. There is still invidious discrimination. There is invidious discrimination in the House of Representatives. And when the Speaker decided that I would be removed, and then there was this motion, this resolution to censure me, it became obvious to me that I was not being treated as others were, And candidly speaking, it is invidious discrimination, harmful discrimination. I don't agree with that, but I was willing to suffer that because I knew that I had to get that message to the president and put this issue before the public, because the public has not grasped what's going to happen if Medicaid is cut. This is not about black people. Most of the people of the plurality, their Anglos. Black people are smaller percentage of Medicaid. But this is about people who need health care. This president is a person who uses his incivility to take advantage of our civility. When I left, I went home and I saw the rest of the event on television, and I saw him point to the Democrats and say, these people are lunatics. He called the Democratic members of Congress lunatics. Now, that is incivility. He will not be punished for that. He's not going to be sanctioned. He's not going to be reprimanded, he's not going to be censured. He does this with impunity. I believe that we have to meet incivility with incivility. I have to be prepared to suffer the consequences, but I'm prepared to meet his incivility that he uses to demean people. We have to use our incivility to uplift people. I think that at some point, even if nobody stands with you on some issues, they are so important that if nobody stands with you, it is better to stand alone than not stand at all.
Speaker 2: Now you talk about consequences, yes, sir, what are the consequences or what you do?
Speaker 14: Well, I'm about to suffer double jeopardy. They have censured me, which was to bring me before the house and read the statement that was a statement of censure, but there is now a movement to strip me of my committee assignments. I would call that double jeopardy. I will not agree with it, but I will still say to you, if I could do it again, I would knowing that they would do these things because it's not about me. It's about the healthcare. And somewhere along the way we make sacrifices. Sixtieth anniversary, is that what it is of crossing Edmund Petti's bridge today? John Lewis and those folks made sacrifices. John Lewis explained to me he thought he was gonna die on that bridge. Some people have to make sacrifices. So if sacrificing a congressional seat is going to help people get healthcare, then that's a fair exchange to get that healthcare for people who need it.
Speaker 1: Congressman Algreen, we appreciate you for joining us this morning. All right, salute to Congressman al Green.
Speaker 2: If you want to see the full interview, you could definitely hit up the Breakfast Club YouTube page now. This week, Jess is gonna be out in Atlanta, Will Man.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be in Atlanta. I got shows Wednesday and Thursday of this week. We got two shows Wednesday evening and the two shows on Thursday evening at Atlanta Comedy Theater in Northcross. Make sure you get your tickets at jess Hilarious official dot com or show clicks dot com.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 7: I'm also going to be doing meet and greet after the late show on each night, so make.
Speaker 9: Sure y'all get y'all tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what somebody called this morning? We get her name, man. Her name was Stephon. I'm sorry, his name is steph On. He's coming to the show in Atlanta and he wanted to ask about meet and Greece for him and his wife. But you just said that you're gonna be doing it. So Stephan, if you're listening, your good money, she's gonna be doing those meet and greets. Yep, and Charlaman, you got a positive note all I do.
Speaker 1: But first I want to tell y'all man, make sure you get your tickets for the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty sixth in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullman Yards. Okay, it's hosted by Decisions Decisions, which is weezy and Mandy. We have the Woman of All Podcasts, which Sarah Jakes Roberts is gonna be live on that stage. The R and B Money Podcast with Tanking Jay Valentine gonna be live on that stage, just to name a couple of them. So make sure you go get your tickets right now at Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival. And the positive note, Since we've been talking about controlling your emotions all morning, remember that emotion can be the enemy. If you're given to your emotion, you sometime lose yourself when angle rises, think of the consequences and never make a permanent decision based on a temporary emotion.
Speaker 3: Have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club bitches, do y'all finish for y'all done.