Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, This is mick Shot streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And the official Dallas Cowboys APT.
Speaker 1: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Here we Mingo on mickshots.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Save me. It's NFL Trade day and nick Cowboys have made a trade. You're on Mickshots President by Miller Lite, Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Mickey Spagnola. As we are now less than three hours away from the trade deadline in the National Football League, and the Cowboys have made a trade, picking in the dog guys Jonathan Mingo, wide receiver from the Carolina Panthers for a fourth round draft pick. And that's how we get started here on mix shots. How we doing?
Speaker 3: That's nice? I'm good. Well are we making moves now?
Speaker 2: The important thing?
Speaker 1: Did you all vote?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah? Two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's that's ourry.
Speaker 1: The trade deadline's kind of pushing that down the prior list.
Speaker 3: Right. There was no way I was gonna wait, Jerry.
Speaker 2: Jerry was asked on his radio show last Friday, if there's anything that he could do on Tuesday that would uh put the put the other news of the day on the back burner. And that's what prompted him to say that he wants us to move move the ball forward as a country and move the ball forward as a team.
Speaker 1: Then at the end today to something.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't hear today with something.
Speaker 1: About the election when he signed off.
Speaker 2: Good yeah, d that's right, that's right. Yeah. So there we go have the Cowboys moved the ball forward as a team with a trade for Jonathan Mingo.
Speaker 3: This guy I don't know. Talk to me.
Speaker 1: Well, what did the Big Green Notebook have to say about him? There?
Speaker 2: Well, it says that he was a second round draft pick last year, thirty ninth pick of the draft for the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 1: And they want to know what it said before the draft.
Speaker 2: I failed a note back to the twenty twenty three Green Notebook. He was not Keon Coleman. Let's just put it that way, okay, okay, And Keon Coleman well, of course went to the Buffalo Bill's early second round this year. He was my guy this year. Yes, but you're back more than one guy, No, but he was the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, everybody's guy, but it was.
Speaker 2: But I said on draft Day, when they didn't take a wide receiver in the top one hundred picks, that they're going to be making a trade for a wide receiver at the trade deadline because I felt like there was a need on this team for a wide receiver. And I go back to two thousand and nine when my guy was Jordy Nelson, and it was it was Mike Jenkins and Felix Jones had two first round draft picks that year, late first round, and he went to the Packers' early second round, about the same place that Jonathan Mingo did to Carolina last year. And the Cowboys wound up at midseason that year trading and trading away a first round that was two thousand and eight, and then in two thousand they traded away their two thousand and nine first round draft pick for Roy Williams. Okay, so it was the eight draft was the Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins and Jordy Nelson came out. And then fast forward to twenty seventeen, I guess and my guy was Juju Smith Schuster and uh he went. They could have taken him, uh, and they didn't, and they wound up trading for Marii Cooper that year.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Cooper was better than Juju Smith's shooting.
Speaker 2: But they wound up giving up a future first round draft I know, I know, so I'm not I'm not saying that. I'm not saying was it better then? But you're giving up a first round draft pick for it? And Juju was the second.
Speaker 1: Round and they got first round return.
Speaker 3: From damn right, I try. Yeah, turned the season around.
Speaker 1: For a couple of years until he got too expensive.
Speaker 3: How that?
Speaker 2: How that draft go? The following year, that was the Tristan Hill draft in the second.
Speaker 1: Round, So Tristan oh yeah, okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And we know how bad the two thousand and nine draft was. It was one of the worst in history. What well they only had they had a because they traded away the first round draft pick.
Speaker 1: And they traded out of the second.
Speaker 2: So this is on a lesser this is on a much lesser level. They're giving up a fourth round pick for Jonathan Mingo. And this, in my opinion, this trade is not about this year. It's about the next two years.
Speaker 3: Well, so what you mean they're going to hold him for bait.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying that that he's this guy's not gonna come in and save the seasons.
Speaker 2: People are comparing the value the compensation of the DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, DeVante Adams. Well, the Cowboys are gave up too much. They gave up a fourth round draft pick and the other and I've got the list in front of my we go look it up. But it's the difference is this Mingo is twenty three years old, he was a second round draft pick last year, and the Cowboys have him for the next couple of years. He does become a free agent until twenty twenty seven, so they got him for the twenty five season, the twenty sixth season, and they're gonna need a wide receiver in twenty five and twenty six and we'll see how he develops.
Speaker 1: And from a salary standpoint, he's not gonna cost And.
Speaker 2: So that's why the compensation was what it was, rather than on these rental players that other teams UH traded for this year.
Speaker 1: So let's just start here. You're not going to change six two two twenty four point four to six. That's what he was coming out in the combine. Uh, so you've got that and everybody's looking at it. Twenty he's big, yeah, and he can run two bench reps and twenty two bench reps. Yes, absolutely, four four six.
Speaker 2: So everybody's reminds me of from the way he runs and stuff. It's not the wide receiver, but DeMarco Murray and I went back and looked at this, Say really, I went back and looked at his measurables, and DeMarco's is very similar. That he's a slightly shorter six foot instead of six to two, but two hundred twenty pounds and ran a four to four to three. And this guy Mingo's got thirty nine vertical eleven foot broad job. It's got explosion.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And so there's some run after catchability. So that's what the Cowboys see in him. Cowboys, I think had him as a top fifty prospect last year, and other teams probably had him well, obviously had him as a fourth round you know, maybe, but he was taken with a thirty ninth pick in the draft. He's been in a horrible offensive offensive situation in Carolina with a rookie quarterback. But this is about Okay, we see what he can provide this year, and the Cowboys have a real need right now, especially when you consider they almost lost CD for a while in the game the other day. They got lucky on that and Brandon Cook's coming back that when's he coming back exactly? We don't know when for sure he's eligible to come back this year. The window we soon will be he can come back this week, but we'll see where he is.
Speaker 3: And about it.
Speaker 1: What if, so say Brandon Cooks doesn't come back yet, CD probably no better than questionable this week.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Mike said he's gonna play. He said I can't. I can't imagine he won't play. But what if he doesn't, You're going to trot out there with Jayleen Tolbert, Cavante Turpin, Jalen Brooks, and Ryan Flanoy.
Speaker 3: I thought they.
Speaker 1: Needed another receiver and maybe Jalen Cropper coming off the practice squad, Right, what if somebody gets hurt?
Speaker 2: I thought they needed They didn't replace Michael Gallup all year, right, he didn't replace him in free agency. I mean, you're hoping everybody steps up, whatever, but they did not replace who they lost in free agency. Michael Gallup And here's the other thing about Jonathan Mingo. And I don't know. I haven't seen him play. You know, we'll see all of this is off the table if he's a bus Okay, he's twenty three years old. He's only twenty three years old. He is he's two years younger than cd he Brandon. Obviously, he's eight years younger than him. He is two years younger than Jalen Tolbert. He is two years younger or one year younger than Jalen Brooks. He's two years younger than the sixth round rookie draft pick you had this year, Ryan Flinoy ILLINOI turned his twenty five, and Mingo's twenty three, and he's so and I'm guessing he's he had a circuitous route to no.
Speaker 1: But and I bet he's seriously younger than Turpin.
Speaker 2: And yes, Sir, Turpin's twenty eight, So I was five years younger than Turpin.
Speaker 1: Now know this, So at old miss right his senior year or last year whatever it was, fifty one catches, eight hundred and sixty one yards, five touchdowns, he averaged sixteen yards of catch, So there was something there. I think obviously, I think I read word. Dane Brugler had him as a late second third round pick and a eventual starter in the league. I think that was his analysis I saw. So, I don't know, you know, everybody's looking at what he did this year.
Speaker 2: At Carolina, and he's got twelve catches this year, right.
Speaker 1: And he's only played.
Speaker 2: And last year in fourteen starts as a rookie. Last year he had forty three catches. Still as you have to score touchdown.
Speaker 1: Four and eighteen yards. Yeah, but he was also having a raw rookie not ready to play.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm not blaming those those stats on him, right, not at all, right, because I would imagine the best receiver on their team didn't fare too well.
Speaker 2: But let's just clear this up as far as comparing this acquisition with the other wide receivers that have been traded this year, and these are Pro Bowl caliber wide receivers for the most part. The first three I'm gonna mention here, I mean Davonte Adam and these are top of the league type wide receivers. Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins. Okay Adams was traded for a third round pick. Okay Adams has three years eighty million dollars left on his deal. He becomes a free agent in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see eighteen million this.
Speaker 2: Year, and we'll see how long he is a Jet. He's going to be a Jet as long as Aaron Rodgers is a Jet for sure. Amari Cooper at thirty years old. He's in the last year of his deal and Buffalo only is paying him eight hundred thousand dollars this year. Okay, he's a rental for this year, and they gave up a third round draft pick for a player they haven't they have for half a season. They also gave up a seventh rounder next year. In twenty twenty six, Hopkins goes to Kansas City for a fifth round pick. He is on the one year deal or Kansas City's paying four and a half million dollars. He becomes a free agent next year. That's the reason, okay. And then Deontay Johnson is the most recent one, who's twenty eight years old. Carolina dealt him to Baltimore. He's on the last year of his deal, which is no money whatever, and Deontae went for a fifth round draft pick. Okay, the reason. The Cowboys are paying a fourth round draft pick for Mingo is because he doesn't become a free agent until twenty twenty seven and had a very reasonable number as far as the salary cap is concerned. They got three years, three million dollars counting this year, in the next two seasons and now. And the Cowboys, by the way, Jalen Tolbert is in his contract year next year and he becomes a free agent in twenty twenty six, and Brandon Cooks likewise is a free agent next year.
Speaker 1: Turpin will be restricted.
Speaker 2: And so anyway, there is from a depth standpoint going forward and a young player's standpoint at wide receiver, they needed to add to that room with a guy that they their scouts had as a top fifty pick when he came out last year. It'd be different if he's going to be a free agent next year or that. But the reason that you have to pay a steeper price as far as a draft pick goes, is because his salary is not up there.
Speaker 1: Too, because those other teams when they were trading him, those veterans, they were also trading money off their catch right.
Speaker 2: That's that's the benefit for so they don't need a Las Vegas. Las Vegas did not need as much in return for DeVante Adams. They got a third round pick for him because they're taking his money off their books.
Speaker 1: So much instant analysis.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: So there we are, and we'll see what he can do this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see what we'll do.
Speaker 2: We'll see what he can do Sunday against Philadelphia. Why not, they'll be here at practice tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I would imagine we'll see how fast he picks things up, right, you know. Look, you know when they when they signed Carl Lawson. Look how long it's taken him to flourish, right, But he didn't go to training camp, he didn't wasn't with a team, he wasn't playing.
Speaker 3: How many sees happen?
Speaker 1: Well, he got two Sundays Anna and a force fumble, but it took a while.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Here's what Washington just acquired, cornerback Marsha and Lattimore from New Orleans. Washington is sending third, fourth, and sixth round picks to New Orleans for Lattimore and a fifth, So basically, it's a third and a fourth for their cornerback.
Speaker 1: And his salary whatever.
Speaker 3: Big guys salary.
Speaker 1: Right, Because he's and he hasn't been playing all that well, if I remember correctly, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think anybody is on that team. That was amazing how they were doing what they called the Saints fans doing the called the second.
Speaker 3: Line dance.
Speaker 1: For two games.
Speaker 3: They do that at funerals.
Speaker 4: You know, you celebrate passing on our three games pointing, so you know they were celebrating. But I guess they didn't know they were celebrating their own death.
Speaker 2: And they had to go to right too, exactly. A Lotimore is on a ninety seven million dollar contract. He becomes a free agent in twenty seven to alli have ingim for a couple of more years. His cap number, his cap number this year with New Orleans was fourteen point six million, next year thirty one point four million, and the following year twenty eight point five million.
Speaker 1: There you go, So they got rid of all that, see and the other thing that this thing came up. And I don't know why it comes up, because this ain't baseball. Are your buyers or your sellers? The Cowboys have never been a seller that. It just doesn't happen that way, and it's not gonna happen because what are they gonna sell Who are you gonna trade away?
Speaker 3: Talked about that yesterday, right, what do you?
Speaker 1: Who do you? Who are you gonna trade away? And how you going to replace them if they're a good player? And what are you gonna get in return?
Speaker 2: Let me throw another one out there, because the Lions acquired Zadarias Smith from Cleveland edge rusher. Okay, and my memory serves me they gave up a fifth next year and a sixth and twenty six if it's given their a seventh rounder is coming with Zadarius so I okay, just think about this from a Cowboys perspective, and and the Cowboys obvious need at edge rusher okay, this year and Darius Smith his numbers, his cap number this year's five point two million, nine point four next million, and fifty million a year after okay.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: At age thirty two? And so would you give up a fifth and a sixth for the edge rusher?
Speaker 1: But not for that salary? Right if I'm planning, if I'm planning on paying Michaeh. Parsons, and that's that's what you what you know.
Speaker 3: Who else is coming up besides Mike for like.
Speaker 1: A big one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jake, Ferguson is still a year away.
Speaker 3: We always just talk about Michael Well, I mean, Zach Martin.
Speaker 1: This is his last year. I think it's his last year.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, here's one for you that we're not thinking about now. But they'll have a fifth year option on Tyler Smith. Tyler Smith still will have two years.
Speaker 1: Two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: DeMarcus Lawrence, he's in his contract year. Don't need to be guessing.
Speaker 2: Uh Osa Osa is in his contract year right now, OsO Digazoo. So Darn Bland will be up before you know it.
Speaker 1: I'll give you your guys that are going to be unrestricted free agents.
Speaker 2: Now, well, Darron Bland, that's you're talking twenty five. I'm talking Darn Bland. You've got another year. He becomes a free agent in twenty twenty six. But if you want to do something on him, you may want to.
Speaker 3: Write next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so twenty five, Trey Lance, Cooper, Rush Ric O'Donnell, Zeke, Brandon Cooks, Chuma, Zach Martin, Chauncey Golston, Lynnville, Joseph DeMarcus Lawrence, Karl Lawson, Osa, o'diggie Zoo, Jordan Phillips, Carlos Watkins, Eric Kendricks, Nick Vigil, CJ. Goodwin again, Jordan Lewis, Israel, mclamu, Owarie. That's a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So we're just getting started here on a trade day edition of mix Shots. We got much to get to and uh, when we come back, how about we hear from a coaching legend about someone in the room. Oh, that's coming up next here on mix Shots one surprise.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and cowboy let you want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 5: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 2: Wincot kitchen slid for the first.
Speaker 5: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 2: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 5: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colst can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot Com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape. The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 2: What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling.
Speaker 2: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 1: Hell mindset.
Speaker 2: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine Legal Guy, Celebrate Responsibility, Walky Wisconsin Beer amty six thousands to be point two grams cards.
Speaker 1: For twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than Canium regular beer de mixed shots.
Speaker 4: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, DOCU series like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is great, all right. The Steelers have just now acquired wide receiver Mike Williams from the New York Jets. Okay years old, thirty years old? Okay, Jonathan Mingo with Carolina twelve catches this season. You said, Mike Williams with the Jets twelve catches.
Speaker 1: And he's got guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Okay, and Mike Williams Okay. It was the seventh pick in the draft.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: In twenty seventeen, now thirty years old, and of course with the Chargers. He never was a Pro Bowl receiver, but had good years with the Chargers. In fact, average twenty yards of catch led league. Back in twenty nineteen, his best season, he had seventy six catches. Of course, with Keenan Allen over there, he had eleven hundred yards and nine touchdowns that year. Okay, that was in twenty twenty one. Okay, but twelve catches this year, Steeler, Steeler.
Speaker 3: That's for six year olds.
Speaker 2: Okay. Steelers gave up a fifth round draft pick for Mike Williams. Okay, I bet you there are people out on Twitter right now saying.
Speaker 7: How come the Cowboys gave up a fourth round pick for Jonathan Mingo and the Steelers only gave up a fifth round pick for Mike Williams.
Speaker 2: The stats are exactly the same this year. Here's the difference age age. He's seven years younger, and he's under contract at a reasonable price until twenty twenty seven. Mingo is Mike Williams becomes a free agent next year, So the Steelers just gave up a fifth round draft pick for a rental player with the same exact stats. This year as Jonathan Mingo, who won't be they will not have next year on.
Speaker 4: Their I hope we don't become like the Jets to where this is where players go for their careers to die.
Speaker 2: And again, when I'm talking about the Mingo, I have no idea whether he's going to be a player here or not. But I'm just giving you here's the reason, and here's the reason. The compensation was a fourth round pick for Mingo as compared to some of these other guys that are getting traded. Anyway, all right, did you watch the Monday night game last night?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you weren't watching the right network. Probably you didn't watch the Manning cast. Okay, why not? There was great excitement on the Manning cast last night. Fan of the Manning cast was.
Speaker 1: Belichick on Belichick he is always on that the first half, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Was always always on. I watched, I don't watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, I was out on him on Belichick. Yeah, because his radio show that he has on Monday nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the games? Yeah with Jim Gray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was his guest?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody running for president?
Speaker 2: All right, Belichick after that was on the Maning cast okay and on the Manning cast. I was alerted to this by someone, and uh, I feel like the audience needs to hear what Bill Belichick had to say about one of his former players, and that player would be Everson Walls. Producer Supreme. Do you have what Bill Belichick said last night?
Speaker 8: You know, one of the best ones I ever had was Everson Walls. And Everson Walls, you know, came out of Grambling, ran four to seven, played for the Cowboys, and when I got him at the Giants, he was the most unorthodox corner I've ever coached. Still, I've never seen anybody play like he does. And you know, had fifty seventh career of receptions. He had a great career. I thought he should be in the Hall of Fame and I told Everson were gone. I said, look, Everson, I'm never gonna tell anybody there's probably the way.
Speaker 7: You do it.
Speaker 9: I don't know how do you do it. I don't believe in it. I had great tew there's Kelsey pulling up on that set, flagger out again, right the whole the Hols. I'm never gonna tell anybody to do it the way you do it.
Speaker 8: But I'm gonna let you do it your way because you're still successful with it.
Speaker 9: So you know, I'll let Walls play it his way, and he did it his way. He was the most successful. Walls a great kid.
Speaker 8: You know, he donated his h his kidney to his teammate Ron Springs, so, you know, really un selfish player. But Walls's technique is unlike any corners I've ever.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: You go, well, he's talking through the commercial, that's what's right.
Speaker 3: They show them I'm still talking, so.
Speaker 2: That like the last twenty seconds of that they've got a billboard up coming up next or whatever.
Speaker 3: He's just still going it.
Speaker 1: So why did that come up?
Speaker 2: They were asking a question I did.
Speaker 3: Asked him about go ahead, Chris.
Speaker 10: They were talking about the throws from from the quarterback, you know, like throws sideways and all this kind of stuff. He's talking about being unorthodox, you know, how you throw the ball.
Speaker 3: And he's like, well, he gets the job done.
Speaker 4: And he said, do you do you know what did you coach any players like that?
Speaker 3: I think it came yeah, an unorthodox check there.
Speaker 4: For some reason, he brought up LT because of course LT was I wouldn't say on orthodox, but he just did what he wanted to do. And then he brought up Brady, which I know he's not thinking unorthodox in that manner, but he brought it.
Speaker 3: He brought him up, but not to him.
Speaker 4: He actually put those names in there first when they talked about the players that you've coached, and then he's kind of stumbled a little bit, and then he said, oh, Man, Everson Walls, and then that's when we started talking about me and Dad.
Speaker 3: He put me in there with.
Speaker 2: Those and it was great, great timing to for the Hall of Fame. For the Hall of Fame pitch, and so I tweeted, sent it out and twet I tweeted it out and I tagged Gary Myers on it and he reposted it, and we're starting to get some Hall of Fame run here forever. Sin. I tagged Scherene Williams and these guys on it too, And so.
Speaker 4: I tried to put you in on it, but you know, you and your freaking android man. I kept trying, I kept said, and I asked, Chris, Chris, did you get my text?
Speaker 3: I was asking you if you could send it to spags?
Speaker 1: Well you.
Speaker 3: Well, I was. It was a video.
Speaker 2: Is a video we can text with we can text text.
Speaker 3: With it comes yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the other thing. Isn't that the most tag?
Speaker 3: Like all these people with green text?
Speaker 2: My son in law, My son in law had an Android, and I wouldn't let him marry my daughter until he got an iPhone because I didn't want my group text to begreed.
Speaker 1: So funny, So your yours comes in black and white?
Speaker 3: Way to go, Bill?
Speaker 2: He asked me to bury just good. I said, nope, can't do it until you get an iPhone?
Speaker 3: And what do I get an iPhone? Next day?
Speaker 2: Funny?
Speaker 1: Lasey didn't have to pass a baseball test.
Speaker 2: Right, what do you expect? He's from Coppell.
Speaker 1: Yours comes in black and white, US comes in green. Well, mine comes in mine accepts everybody not.
Speaker 3: On the video. You can send the video to us and we can get it. We can't send the video to you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just got a text. It had a picture, and I got.
Speaker 3: It from somebody probably with an Android.
Speaker 2: No matter of fact.
Speaker 1: It was from Savannah.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, how's he doing?
Speaker 1: Good? Okay, he's back in time?
Speaker 3: Yes, very good, good good good okay?
Speaker 4: Anyway, Oh, speaking of on top of that, Ron Springs birthday was yesterday. Oh really, I forgot to bring that up yesterday because we were so upset about the game. But yeah, Ron Springs birthday was yesterday. My wife's birthday is today. Happy birthday to Charail. All right, he's having the good she's gonna have a good day today. She's gonna be stressed out about the the.
Speaker 3: The votes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you probably won't find out till tomorrow.
Speaker 3: If we can go out to eat, it's gonna be okay. It's still gonna go on eight December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we won't know the results until your birthday.
Speaker 3: That's funny. That's good.
Speaker 2: All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment. That's so good one.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes, learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Scott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 5: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With Blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 5: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Star Sports Tools is the only.
Speaker 4: Official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 3: You want to stay at the Team Hotel.
Speaker 4: Attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star, and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 3: To mix shots.
Speaker 4: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Join us every.
Speaker 4: Friday and Saturday Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for a spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, Rowdy Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appliances. I'm sorry, appearance from your favorite Cowboys heroes. I'm not going out there. Best of all, the show is free. For details to visit the stardistrict dot Com and don't miss out on the holiday magic.
Speaker 2: That was a lot. Okay, we continue with mixarchs here and some more news from the Cowboys. The Cowboys have released a player, cornerback Andrew Booth. Shocking could come back to the practice squad?
Speaker 3: Could? Could? How about that Booth?
Speaker 2: Booth, by the way, was a second round draft pick of the Vikings a couple of years ago. He went in the trade from Minnesota for Nashon Wright. How's Nashon Wright doing? By the way, he is not playing. I saw his name's not on the team.
Speaker 1: Oh they got rid of him.
Speaker 2: I don't believe. I don't believe he made the team.
Speaker 1: I thought I heard his name recent I'm confused.
Speaker 3: Now, who's not with.
Speaker 2: Thee He is with the Vikings. But but however, he has not appeared in a game this year. He was, He's on the practice squad.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 2: The King Booth for the Vikings.
Speaker 1: So it's it's it's even because Booth played one game a half and he got burned several times and hasn't played since.
Speaker 2: And that would have been that's in the regular season, that county in the preseason.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, he set the table in the preseason. Was he that bad? He's been active, He's been inactive.
Speaker 2: That shows our judge of talent because we both like Josh Butler, right, And by the way, Josh Butler elevated for the game on Sunday, played on special teams, and so he's got two more elevations left. So there's where you're set for depth at cornerback.
Speaker 1: So both played the first three games, and then he started that half against the Giants, and I thought he was in act of the next three games.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, what else you got in your legal pet? You heard from the coordinators yesterday? Let's get to go real.
Speaker 3: Quick, zim. Basically on the.
Speaker 1: McLeod no, the mooney wheel route touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hear this.
Speaker 1: Basically said we were in zero coverage, so everybody was in man, and he said we misaligned. It was basically what Everson told us. That they had everybody lined up on those three guys, or at least two of them were all on the same plane, right, and you don't want to be everybody even and so depth the depth.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: He also said that they missed fifteen tackles in the game. Fifteen He said some were diving at guys and some were not wrapping people up. He also pointed out when they talked about losing Dak and does that put more pressure on the defense, And he goes. In twenty seventeen, he goes, I lost the starting quarterback before the week before the first game, we traded for Sam Bradford. He played the first game and he injured himself and was out for the season.
Speaker 2: That was a Teddy Bridgewater injury in preseason, preseason.
Speaker 1: And then he said, oh, no, Bradford was the third quarterback. I guess, and he was pointing out, no, he said he got hurt in the first game rest of the year. And he goes, so we were down to our third quarterback. It didn't write down who it was. And he goes, he took us to the NFC title game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, um, maybe maybe, but maybe earlier. I'll find out. Okay, continue on. So his point was, I'll correct you in a second after I look it up.
Speaker 1: I can't, he said, we can't worry about who's there and what's not there. You just gotta go play.
Speaker 3: Every other team does right, every other team does.
Speaker 1: Next, I was looking for my notes on Schottenheimer, Well, we can go uh to it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: John Fossil said that he was on the headsets on that fake punt and he said, Mike said punt and I said what about? And they had a code word for that quid play and he said he listened to me. So I'm taking full responsibility for it not working out.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't regret it.
Speaker 1: Either, and he said, I didn't regret it because it was the right call. They just didn't have it.
Speaker 2: Takes responsibility for the lack of execution on it, right, And the guy that was covering didn't do what he was supposed to do. He didn't cooperate.
Speaker 1: So you know what, it reminded me of, reminding me of Parcels talking about Paula Malo. He would and he was one of those guys that was unorthodox, by the way, and he said, you never know what he's going to.
Speaker 2: Do because he doesn't do what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: And he goes, how do you play quarterback against that? Something to that effect.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want to compare this guy unless he's a Troy pol of special teams.
Speaker 3: Right, Uh, what did you expect for him to.
Speaker 1: Do to bail like your gunner.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure they saw that on film.
Speaker 1: But this was a rookie they called up from the practice squad, so I.
Speaker 3: Think he was sharp enough to know exactly.
Speaker 4: Somehow, somehow, somebody tip tip to try somebody try.
Speaker 3: So do they always bailed on the gunner?
Speaker 1: Usually yes, because they run down with them and try to block them as they're as.
Speaker 3: They're going, Why don't they do jam them?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Well, is that I've seen the other guy bailed on the other side.
Speaker 2: So what so?
Speaker 3: So basically he wasn't they never try to impede their progress.
Speaker 1: Well, I think initially they do and then they run with them. Well yeah, okay, so they do, and he initially did. Yes, and they were hold They were hoping to get a holding call, not past interference because you can't interfere with that because he's not a receiver.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, wait's talk to me. They were expected to get a holding call.
Speaker 3: Well, no, he was.
Speaker 1: After he saw it. He said, he was hoping that you because you can get a holding call in you.
Speaker 2: Can't get a past interference, but you can get a holding Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't just just just grab and as it turned that's a lot of hoping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, no, after it turned out that they weren't anticipating, I thought that was it was still just a bad Yeah, well, the gamble at that time, they were trying to change the momentum.
Speaker 3: I don't mind the gamble, right, it's the play.
Speaker 1: Well to me, But it's I was going to say they only needed two yards.
Speaker 2: Ford about if you're going to run a fake punt, a better fake punt, like like snap it to the up back.
Speaker 4: Something like that, because that's that's too chancey. It's really you're expecting this guy who's.
Speaker 3: Never consistent probably on how he does.
Speaker 4: Even if he is consistent on it, that's still a tough throw for a punter to make.
Speaker 1: No, he can make that throw on it before with him, I mean I've seen him and and.
Speaker 4: But also hoping he thought this guy cooperates on the other side, and that's the tough part.
Speaker 1: And he thought anger As he was getting ready to throw, he kind of saw and it was too late to like, but he didn't fire it.
Speaker 3: It didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not going to work, and I'm it didn't matter right.
Speaker 3: It wasn't gonna work.
Speaker 4: It was poorly designed and the way whatever they came up with for the reasons for that design, it has so many.
Speaker 1: So many handed to Jan Thomas, your boy in there?
Speaker 3: What's the lip lip key? Is he in there?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm sure probably.
Speaker 1: He's probably on the line. Probably.
Speaker 3: I think he'd be in the bag. Your protector.
Speaker 1: I think Thomas was the protector.
Speaker 3: Okay, he does that. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And he only needed two yards? Right?
Speaker 3: Too much for? Two yards?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Too much for because all you had to do is complete the pass and it would have been two yards. Ben't even need to run with it.
Speaker 3: The guy, the guys a football player out there as well.
Speaker 2: Do you prefer that player? Do you prefer the fake punt end around Cedric Wilson and throwing the ball? Do you remember that one that's from the twenty twenty season, Yes, yes, but it was it was it and it was a deep pass down field right well, well as I recall, it went, no frump he was passing. He was the passer.
Speaker 3: I can't remember he was.
Speaker 2: It was a it was like an end around pass down field that went.
Speaker 3: But we just needed two yards. Not good, We just needed two yards.
Speaker 2: And that one I was I'm looking it up. It may have been like fourth and ten or something.
Speaker 3: If I'm going to it was fourth and ten.
Speaker 2: That one in twenty twenty was fourth and ten from the Cowboys twenty four yard wow. And so this is nothing compared to that one.
Speaker 1: And by the way, by the way, there there was a wide open receiver down the field and he didn't throw it. He tried to run it.
Speaker 2: Oh, is that what happened on it? I can't remember.
Speaker 1: It was right down, right down the slot and he kind of just c J.
Speaker 2: Goodwin was down the field on that one, and here's a quote. Cedric said he could couldn't really see him because they had that guy kind of slough off. The time clock is going in his head, and so he ran it and it would not work.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it was still just as bad, you know what.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing Jerry today and Schottenheimer kind of he didn't really say it, but they were talking about Trey Lance, like getting him ready now because he's got to be the backup quarterback. And Jerry said, yeah, we might have something for him, meaning maybe, well, Number one, they better because he's one play away from having to go in and play, and number maybe they designed something for him to run with the football.
Speaker 2: We saw Cooper run the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we probably want Trey Lance running with the ball, right, But they've got a lot of confidence in him. Shottenheider called him unflappable, and he you know when he's played that they've won. But the defense have played well in the games that he won. And now that's all you need, man, if you can, right, just give me some help. Can you just hold somebody?
Speaker 2: How about we get Michael back.
Speaker 1: Seventeen or well, yes, it would because if you saw what Lawson was doing, if that's Micah, he might have had four sacks in the so then.
Speaker 2: We might have broke Adrian Claiborne's records.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure you've said this before. But when is his return?
Speaker 1: They they're hoping he can practice this week, which means he will play. In fact, he dron Bland. They're hoping he's going to start rehabbing and they're hoping that he can get into practice because Kaylen.
Speaker 3: That means that they're not going to practice play this week, kayl.
Speaker 1: And Carson looked like he had and played in five or six weeks. Early in the game, he was getting burned. He I think he was, and then he missed the tackle again.
Speaker 2: But Josh Butler there, he doesn't get nervous. He's got three million followers. Let's see how many how many?
Speaker 1: How many snaps did Josh Butler get on special teams?
Speaker 2: And then we can go.
Speaker 1: Twelve twelve special team defense? Because he ran in there and then CD called him off. So finally, I mean not CD, Trayvon called him off and went back in.
Speaker 2: So finally, and yeah, he called him off. And then that was the wheel route touchdown.
Speaker 1: When he didn't get lined up.
Speaker 3: I got you, I got you. I supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Finally, Cooper rushes five and one as a starting quarterback, what do the Cowboys need him to be? Let's say THATAK goes on I R and so he's out four games. What does the Cowboys record need to be over the next four games against Philadelphia, Houston, Washington and the Giants to start your December run to the postseason. What do they need to get It's.
Speaker 3: Gotta be three and one, That's what I was going to say. It's with I don't want to and two. We got to have three and one.
Speaker 1: And when you're talking a backup quarterback two and two, you would say.
Speaker 2: Three and one gets you Yeah, so three and one gets you to six and six at Thanksgiving and then you're and then you got five games left. So then you would need to win four out of your last five in order to get to ten wins and have a hope of getting in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Can we can we break it down to they need to be division wins.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the other thing they need the Philadelphia Washington well and the Giants, but especially Philadelphia Washington need to.
Speaker 1: Be It would like three division wins, that's what you want.
Speaker 2: So if you're going to lose one, to lose to Houston, yeah, that's what I see. But if you went to and two, then you'd have to win out the last five games, just real quick, real quick.
Speaker 4: I mean, and these things that we're talking about they're not uh you know, they're not undoable.
Speaker 3: I mean, they can be done, okay about it.
Speaker 2: So if you went to and two, your last five games are Cincinnati at home at Carolina, Tampa Bay at home at Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: And Washington at Philadelphia and at Washington.
Speaker 2: Now Washington is at home.
Speaker 3: Once again. That Philly game will probably end up being so there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, hang on, wait one thing, Okay, hold on.
Speaker 2: The exit polls are uh Mackey's got some information on extra coles.
Speaker 1: So last year Green Bay started the season two and five, three and six before.
Speaker 2: They turned it, and the Rams were three and six and got to nine and eight. So so the Cowboys can afford to lose Sunday and still did there? Wow, And so say Parsons. Another week, I went on, I think if you, if you, in fact, just just make this a Trey Lance game, get him.
Speaker 1: Some experience and you get to nine and a can you get to nine and eight?
Speaker 4: Oh man, Hey, stranger things have happened, and you don't you don't call it strange. It's just played teams going on the run. Sometimes it's a match up, sometimes the back part of the scheduling. But it has happened every year. Some team has made it an improbable run that either got them in or just misgetting them in. So it's not like it's something that we haven't heard of before.
Speaker 1: One last thing.
Speaker 2: The Packers, one thing, One last thing.
Speaker 3: The Packers were.
Speaker 1: Six and eight and won their last three games. Last year finished nine and eight A playoffs, so the gold.
Speaker 2: To be six and eight, Yeah, all right, win three more, all right, and we will shout at you again tomorrow here on Mick Shots, Go Go Boys.
Speaker 9: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club