Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Jenna is on the phone today and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Pete. We're gonna help her find out why in just a second. But first, Jenna, how long has it been since you heard from Pete.
Speaker 3: It's been a week or so, I'd say.
Speaker 4: And how many times have you reached out to him?
Speaker 3: I reached out a few times. I haven't heard anything. You know, we had a great first date. We met at a sports bar. I met him on Hinge and then we found out that we have some mutual friends, and you know, they were like, yeah, you guys definitely need to hang out.
Speaker 2: So you met him on Hinge and then you found out you had mutual friends, and then you told your friends and they were like, yeah, you guys would be a good fit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so tell us about the date.
Speaker 3: So we went to the sports bar. You know, our mutual friends both said that were laid back, so we both decided to just go to a sports bar and get some wings and some beers. And you know, he was such a gentleman the whole time. He opened the door for me, and he even let out my chair. That's never happened before. And I just don't know. He's super hot. He's like a ten out of ten a gentleman is super good looking. So I'm really into him. Great personality. I mean, his mannerisms were a one. You know. The thing is I noticed he was using a napkin when eating the wings. And the only thing I can think about why he goes to me was maybe I was like licking my fingers when I was eating my wings. That might have grossed him.
Speaker 4: Rather than using anafgan or like washing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like using a napkin. He was really like prim improper. I don't want him to think like I'm this gross girl. He's the weird one. In my opinion.
Speaker 6: You're supposed to like your fingers after you eat wings, right right.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, give me some tea.
Speaker 6: They were good.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing you can think of is maybe he thought that you were a barbarian because you were licking your fingers instead of using a napkin like a classy lad.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I can think about.
Speaker 4: So what was your last interaction?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: I texted him to let him know like, what a great date, and he just never responded. I mean the end of the day, it was great.
Speaker 4: You know, did you like kiss or anything?
Speaker 3: We did. We had a little small It wasn't like, you know, tongueing down, but the conversation was really well. I mean he talked about his grandparents and how he admired their relationship, and we talked about music. We have a lot of artist that we like, some of the same artists and.
Speaker 4: Music compatibility is really important on a date.
Speaker 3: Right, it was pretty lightly back. I mean what really got me is that he was just such a gentleman.
Speaker 5: I've never had that before, okay.
Speaker 3: Never, and he completely ghosted me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back, and then call him and then ask him why he's ghosting you see if he tells us, and then maybe get you another date if you still want one. Okay, okay, all right, Well pla us on come back and get your first day follow up, Next.
Speaker 1: First date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up, Jenna is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Pete. So we're about to call him and see if we can figure out why he's getting ghosted and maybe get her another date if she's still into it after she hears the reason. Before we do that, though, Jenna, why don't you catch everybody up on your time with Pete.
Speaker 3: My time with Pete was incredible. He's an awesome guy. He's everything that I'm looking for in a man. He's really good looking, and I just don't know what happened. I text him and never heard anything back from him. We just have so much in common, common friends, common music.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's a napkin user.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that that was the issue. If I had to assume I was licking my fingers when I was eating my chicken wings, he was using the napkins.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, the only weird thing about that would have been if you would have grabbed his napkin and then licked the napkin clean as well. I don't see that it's a weird thing. All right, We're about to call him.
Speaker 3: You ready, Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go. I may speak to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hey.
Speaker 5: Pete, how are you? My name is Jewbel hosts a radio show and it's called The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, Pete, the show is here as well. My name is Nina Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's going.
Speaker 7: Okay, what's what's going on?
Speaker 5: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I've listened to the show.
Speaker 7: And I mean, did I die win something? I mean that would be great.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could have won something. I'm not really sure yet. Okay, I'm not sure if you've heard a first date follow up before. But that's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you get ghosted, you can email us to get that person on the phone and ask why you're getting ghosted. So you are currently ghosting somebody and they want to know why.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, who am I ghosting?
Speaker 4: You don't know who you're ghosting on any dates? And just stop talking to somebody recently.
Speaker 7: Oh, you guys are talking about jen Orange you yes? So yeah, no, Jenner. I mean, don't get me wrong. I had a lot of fun on the date, you know. I yeah, I thought we you know, shared a bunch of mutual interests and she seemed very engaged in everything. But I don't know what happened, but a couple drinks in and she starts calling me Steve, and I understand that, you know, Pete and Steve kind of sound the same. Definitely have you know, certain consonants at play here, So I don't know why, and I kind of I was trying to like write it off, you know, but yeah, no, she she kept calling me Steve, and it was it was a turnoff. It kind of it seemed disrespectful. I don't know, she has a thing for a guy named Steve's still hung up on somebody. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Did you say anything to her when she called you Steve? Did you correct her? Did you ask Steve?
Speaker 3: Was At first she was like slurring her words a little bit.
Speaker 7: Don't get me wrong, Like I, you know, I can hold my own when it comes to alcohol, and I've dealt with a couple of lightweights in my day, so I didn't think much of it. But then I realized, you know, yeah, it wasn't any kind of mistake she was. She was definitely saying Steve over and over again. So I just it really started to wear on me. I didn't want to say anything, and I didn't want to also, like cause any kind of scene. I didn't want to be disrespectful to her because she was, you know, getting more and more intox kid and whatnot. So I just decided.
Speaker 5: To call it there.
Speaker 7: One time, I was trying to get things back on track, and I was like telling her a story about, you know, trying to throw my name in there. I was like, you know, a friend was like, hey, Pete, and I was like yeah, and they were like, Pete, can you do this for me? You know. I was trying to like reiterate, and she wasn't getting the hint. I don't know. So that's why I haven't followed up. That's why I haven't like returned to any text or anything, just because I felt a bit disrespected, a bit dejected, because you know, I don't want her mistake you made for some other dude.
Speaker 5: You know. Yeah, all right, well thanks for telling us, Steve. Appreciate that, Thank you, thanks for that.
Speaker 7: That's great. Now, your entire listenership, I appreciate that. My name is Pete.
Speaker 5: Pete on the record, got you Pete. Well, I guess what.
Speaker 2: On the record, Jenna is actually on the phone too, and she's listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: She's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hi, and Jenna, it's Pete. Hi, Pete. I'm so sorry. I was super nervous on our date, and I apologize completely. Steve is my boss and I'm with ohous all day and it's just kind of by default. I don't want to say anything because we're on the radio and he might be listening in. So great boss, But yeah, I work a lot, and I'm I try to do my job as best as I can.
Speaker 5: So I'm I'm a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of a workaholics. So please forgive me. I know your name is Pete and I just asked for a second chance to get it right.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I can't get over this boss thing. Victoria.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine going on a date and call on somed double Can you text me to ask me questions? I purposely.
Speaker 1: Later.
Speaker 6: I know, Jenna, when you're nervous, things happen. But that's so funny.
Speaker 3: I know I would have never imagined that was the reason. I'm so sorry. How many times did I call you, Steve?
Speaker 7: I mean I lost count after the first eleven.
Speaker 5: Went in on the Steve.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 4: Probably called them Steve more times than you call them.
Speaker 3: Pete, I admitted.
Speaker 7: Wait, no, I can appreciate, you know, the work ethic and everything, and I can appreciate having a hard boss. So that is I'm glad it's not next. That's understandable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not into anybody. I have no one in my life. I'm totally interested in seeing where things go with you and I. So just to make that clear.
Speaker 5: Pete, would you like to go out with Jenna again on another day? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: You know that sounds that sounds like a lot of fun. I did have fun on the day of Jenna. And you know, just as long as there are no other names tossed around besides Pete and Jenna that then I'm okay. That's fine.
Speaker 2: We'll find a place to send you that involves name tags. Just be safe, bring your own.
Speaker 4: My name is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Please let's go.
Speaker 5: Ju Will's first
Speaker 1: Day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney Online at Advocateslaw dot com.