Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting, you guys.
Speaker 1: His celebrity baby videos have gone viral, including the one he made of our Beverly Hills nine two and oh cast, which we're all obsessed with right.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, us as babies.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're so excited to chat with the talented content creator Michael Waller of junk BOXAI dot com, who is doing amazing things with artificial intelligence. Today we're going to pick his brain about everything AI. Welcome Michael Waller to the nine O two one OG podcast.
Speaker 4: Hi Toy, Hi Jenny.
Speaker 2: Hi Mike. Good to have you. Okay, this is this is wild.
Speaker 4: We we know this is wild. You guys have any.
Speaker 3: Thanks for making us relevant on social media again.
Speaker 2: Oh my god your posting.
Speaker 1: Your post had us group chatting and laughing so hard and just loving what you did for everybody that doesn't know there was a post put up. You made this with AI, I'm assuming and then it was the cast when they were babies, and this is our cast.
Speaker 2: Is not the first cast that you've done this.
Speaker 5: For right now, I've done quite a few. Now, it's hundreds of babies at this point.
Speaker 3: Hundreds of babies junk boxai dot com.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's your website.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop watching it.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, and actually, let's see how many views does it happen?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 5: Five million views on my page? Over sixty one thousand shares, So everybody can't stop watching it apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some you watch over and over and you're like, oh my god, look how cute they were when they're babies. But I told us that he wasn't chubby like that as a baby. He was really skinny.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. And for me, I wish I look like that as a baby. You are so shute, and so were you. I couldn't. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And it kind of takes the adult features and brings it kind of like, you know, twenty years or you know, it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: What gave you the idea to do this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I experiment with a lot of different art styles on my page. If you scroll down past the babies, you'll see a bunch of different styles of animation. I've been kind of experimenting with different styles for the past two and a half years now with that page, and I just kind of landed on that, but I gave it a shot. I wound up doing a piece with a bunch of iconic celebrities like Snoop dog Bruce Lee, Mike Tyson, Leonardo DiCaprio, and I put it out on my page just just like a random post. I didn't really think about making much of a campaign out of it, and I randomly collabsed Snoop Dogg on it because he's collaborated with me on a few posts, randomly like I'll just you know, how you can add somebody as a collaborator.
Speaker 4: I added him as a collaborate on it. Within ten minutes, he collaborated.
Speaker 5: On it, and it got such an awesome reaction and it went like megaviral.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I gotta do this again.
Speaker 5: Did it again, and then it went just as viral, and I was like, all right, I got something here, And then I just kind of kept trying it out to see like how long or how many babies I could do before people got sick of them, and and they're.
Speaker 2: Not sick of it.
Speaker 3: They want more and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, the friends cast video that you did got what eighty million?
Speaker 5: Yeah, almost almost ad eighty million views, you know, what's crazy about that video?
Speaker 3: Film?
Speaker 4: Ok, there's a statistic about that video that blew my mind.
Speaker 5: So that video has sixteen years watch time and it's like a fifteen second video.
Speaker 4: Wow, So that means that it's out for like.
Speaker 1: People left, people spent fifteen sixteen what'd you say, sixteen years?
Speaker 2: Sixteen years of their life?
Speaker 5: Well, if you have a yeah, accumulatively, it's sixteen years of time that people have spent watching the video, which blows my mind.
Speaker 2: Does that like just get you so excited and want to do it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: Does? It motivates me a lot.
Speaker 5: It makes me want to stay up all night just cranking out these babies.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're cranking out babies on the internet because yeah, that would be too many babies for you.
Speaker 3: What's next? Are you going to keep doing babies?
Speaker 5: That's a good question. For now, I'm gonna I think it's gonna be a baby filled spring for me. I just launched this. I know the context of it, it's kind of weird, but I just launched this book, the junk Box Baby Book, and that's kind of brand new. So even although I've been doing the babies for like maybe a month now, the book still has a lot of uh kind of work ahead of it before I, uh kind of start something else. So I think I'm going to run that campaign for spring, and I'm also going to experiment with some other stuff. But honestly, I usually just kind of it come to me naturally, and when I feel like doing something different, if my audience reacts to it, I'll.
Speaker 4: Continue to do it. And so far they just keep asking for babies.
Speaker 5: So that's pretty much that's all that's in my sights for now.
Speaker 2: I mean, what you do is so cool.
Speaker 1: We hear everybody hears about AI, and you know, being as gifted as you are at using it, should we be scared of it all?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's your take on.
Speaker 3: That in the future we never going to work again. Just break it down for us.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that so.
Speaker 5: Like, I have a pretty extensive background in traditional videography before I did, before I became an AI visual creator, I shot a lot of videos, music videos, short films, commercials, and advertisements. When social media reels became popular, I kind of moved on to doing that. But I will tell you from my experience, you can't really replace like traditional videography with AI not yet at least, and I don't think anytime soon. Creators like myself are are good at figuring out what AI is good at and capable of, and then.
Speaker 4: Kind of working within that pocket.
Speaker 5: But there's so many as as many things as AI is capable of, there's even more that it's not capable of. Going back to your question about it being scary and kind of like is it destructive, I think that in the wrong hands, I think it definitely can be misieused.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, like.
Speaker 5: Well even even in terms of just like general CG people have been able to kind of do what we're doing with AI for years now.
Speaker 4: It's just that we're able to do it a lot faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how long does it take to make a baby video?
Speaker 4: I do about one baby video a night.
Speaker 5: It takes me about four hours from conception to the final kind of run through, and then sometimes it takes a little bit longer. But the longest part actually is creating the data sets. Like so like for you guys, for example, to create a data set, which is pretty mu it's just like a it's like a hard drive full of information that I feed to an AI model to pretty much understand what it is that makes up Tory and Jenny. So like for you guys, I went on Google and I just typed in Tory spelling Jenny Garth, and I downloaded fifty images of Toy, fifty images of Jenny, and then I trained an AI data set. It's called a Laura, that's the technical technical term for it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Laura, Yeah, Laura l r A.
Speaker 5: It's an acronym for something, but I can't remember what it is. And then when you're done with that, you essentially have the ability to kind of type in whatever you want and then get an image that's based on the data that you trained it on. So like if I was to say, create me a baby Tory, it would use Tory's face and create a baby. If I was to say, create me a medieval kind of hammer.
Speaker 3: Stream to put postnoes job or like like that.
Speaker 4: No, to answer that question, really, it really all depends on the.
Speaker 2: Content knows it's perfect.
Speaker 3: I loved it, yeh, you guys.
Speaker 5: Data sets came out flawless, so there was no extra tweaking or anything I had to do to those.
Speaker 2: Well, you captivated us.
Speaker 4: It's funny though.
Speaker 5: Last night I actually put together an animation to kind of show you a little bit more of kind of what can be done with AI. Since I already had your data sets, I figured it'd be cool to kind of make something to show you guys here today at some data sets.
Speaker 2: I'm so impressed, so very personal.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's got flustered blush, Mike, tell me again, what was that?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Software?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So there's a bunch of different programs that I use. The main one to generate images. It's actually a developer tool called flux f l u X. But I think what you were asking was was the technical term for the data set is called.
Speaker 4: A Laura Laura.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, A lot of this stuff is really a lot of the information that I'm talking about is it's all available on the internet. If anybody in the in your audience wants to learn about this stuff, you can easily just find it by typing in image generation or data set creation and then like wright AI after that and you'll see thousands of videos.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of videos up too.
Speaker 3: There's so many apps, though, how do you know which one's worthwhile for the beginner?
Speaker 5: That's the secret sauce, and you, guys happen to be with the experts, so the best.
Speaker 4: Ones to use right now? If you do, you guys use tchatchipt rarely.
Speaker 5: Okaypt is a very commonly used AI software.
Speaker 4: So I figured you guys might know that.
Speaker 3: We're traditional in so many ways, that it's so hard and everyone's like it's life changing, you've got to try it, and I just it's been hard.
Speaker 4: So I have a couple of things I want to show you guys.
Speaker 5: This is called the Tory and Jenny Multiverse.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, jenns a.
Speaker 4: Couple of different looks.
Speaker 5: I just kind of went wild and put you guys in a bunch of different lights and a bunch of different environments. I wanted to say this, A lot of the decisions in attire and clothing I kind of just left up to the AI.
Speaker 4: So don't pick it apart, uh too much, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No problem, We're so impressed.
Speaker 3: We have already blown away yet no pig in here.
Speaker 2: This is both bizarre. Mike what.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Oh my god, that just made our look at us both smiles that it's fun, Like it's just fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's super cool to kind of see.
Speaker 2: Yourself things that you would never see like.
Speaker 5: Totally totally, that's the whole point of it. I think that's the kind of that's the gap that it kind of feels for people like me. For the longest time, creating stuff like that was only kind of accessible for people who had an extreme amount of knowledge or had an extremely extensive background in that type of stuff. And to be honest with you, there's so many more creative people who who who are creative up here but don't have the hands or the tools to get out what they have in their head. And I look at AI as kind of like the bridge to kind of allow people like myself to kind of get out what's in my head without having to, you know, walk a mile backwards, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like, are you an artist? Like can you paint?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I've always been a visual artist.
Speaker 5: I can draw, I've practiced every medium from photo manipulation to video. I've always went with the most kind of like dense visual art form. So I went from photo manipulation to video because video just seemed more and then AI kind of unlocks this other kind of realm of creativity. But it also kind of rides the video train, so it's even more than that to me, so and also having the ability to be able to kind of create these worlds from start to finish without leaving my Sometimes I'm laying in my bed while I do it, and you don't have to go out and shoot anything. It's it's really I don't know, it's really cool. This is really fun.
Speaker 1: It's a whole different art form. But what about the lost art a form of actually getting out of your bed and going and filming something.
Speaker 5: I will say from my experience, I can definitely tell you that I pretty much took my own job as a videographer. You know how they say, like AI creators are going to take the jobs of videographers. I think that if you look at it as a tool like the way I do, you could kind of use it to kind of help yourself as a videographer and grow your brand in business. Like I don't think I ever had any opportunities like the opportunities I'm getting today. Even being able to talk to people like you guys and get on shows like this wouldn't really I've been doing content creation for ten years and I haven't really been able to make it as much of an impact as I was without these tools, So I'm very grateful for them, and I feel blessed that I that I happen to be able to create in a time that they're available, you know, or as available as they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess with anything.
Speaker 1: I was recently having a conversation with someone and talking about AI and how you know it can be a scary thing, and he pointed out that, you know, a surgeon holding a knife a knife can be a scary thing, but when a surgeon is holding it to save your life, it's a good thing. Agree, And like, you know, someone bad is using it to hurt someone, then it's a bad thing. So it's very similar with AI. I guess, like it's it can be good, can be bad. Hopefully people will use it for good, but I don't know if I have that much faith.
Speaker 4: I try to. I try to.
Speaker 5: I know, I know that that's a pretty hot topic when it comes to AI, and I'm very very aware of how far you can push it in terms of kind of like deceiving people or manipulating people's thoughts and stuff like that. And I think it's really important to find a pocket where you can make art but still kind of hold a level of respect and kind of have like a sense of honor when you're creating it. I try to think a lot about like what would the family members of the people who I created this art about, or what would their fans, or what would the people who think first when I create the art, not like what would be an awesome joke, Because even if you guys don't ever see it, I still think that it's important to kind of kind of like show that level of respect, just to kind of put a good name out for AI. And I feel like if more creators like myself are passionate about making art like that, maybe we can like kind of lean Hollywood's perspective a little bit more and kind of see maybe we can work together in a way.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I agree. I've I've heard so many people speak the way you're speaking about it, where it is about bridging a gap and being respectful to the original form of art and content creating and just kind of I mean, we have to evolve, things have to go a certain way. It just can't all be manipulated one way or another. So and I know there's so many people that speak towards your movement of incorporating it and using it the right way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean a lot of people nowadays. I mean honestly, a lot of people are copying my videos and it's awesome to see a lot of other people kind of taking those kind of ideas and pushing it more in that direction. It definitely helps in that area of trying to make a more lighter kind of environment for people to come and create. And it's not it's not just this scary world where we have these uh like where our fingers on the nuke button and we can just kind of blow up Hollywood at any moment.
Speaker 4: It's really not like that.
Speaker 3: It's not like War Games.
Speaker 4: No, not really, It's really just kidding.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember that movie Matthew Broderick.
Speaker 4: Yes, I should do a War Games animation.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: What like, we both commend you for using AI in this fun, creative, artistic way. It's so entertaining, it's so refreshing. I think my mom is going to love to see it. I'm gonna show it tour sure.
Speaker 5: If you guys have any requests, If your mom likes any shows, let me know. I love I have such a huge running list.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm sure everyone and their mother are now saying like, you have to do this for me?
Speaker 4: And right, oh my god, yeah, that's the only text message.
Speaker 3: You're screwed. Wait are you on cameo?
Speaker 4: No, that's a good idea. I should Maybe I should make one of those.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me the referral.
Speaker 1: Thanks well, good luck on your adorable coffee table book. Yes, coming out junk Box Babies. Right, where can people find it?
Speaker 5: You can find it on Amazon, so it's sold right on Amazon. Also my website, there's a ton of links on there. You guys can definitely find it on there, and in my Instagram. I have a bunch of links in my bio for it. It's pretty much everywhere.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to be looking for you.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate you guys having me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you, and thanks for including us. There's so many shows and movies and you could have done so you do do and we're grateful to be a part of it. And our kids, well my kids right like.
Speaker 5: You guys will definitely be featured on my page again in the future. So I appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, Thank you, Mike be Well