Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright Episode to seventy nine, seventy to seventy seven. Thank you very much to want Hey, my apologies. I skipped ahead a bit a ton to do uh important Monday night football game line night wasn't the most well played game. And I'm gonna say this before we get to the playoff picture in week ten everything NFL. I mean two, I guess he's just gonna play football the way he wants to play football, and we all gotta be okay with it because he's he is playing with quite a bit of reckless abandon including leading with his head on an attempted tackle after an interception, and I can't. I have to imagine even the defensive players are playing, you know, with a bit of their you know, heart in their throat. So I it's a weird viewing experience where you're just like, get the ball out, go down, don't do that. Like So, I don't know. I am a little squeamish watching to a play, and he does not seem to be. He plays a style last year that was different than at any other quarterback. Ball out instantly, any pressure, go down. This year he was struggling, stopped playing that style, suffered another brutal concussion, and now has come back and seems to be like, well screw it. So I don't know what we do with that. But that's my viewing experience watching Tua. All right, here's what missed the cut. Bronni's G League debut, the Saints' interim head coach. We don't do scatological humor on this show. The producers should know this. Two hundred and seventy seven episodes in that probably didn't even need to be on the screen. And Demons's breakdown of Carolina versus the Giants that missed the cut because it actually was kind of a fun game. But that was the old six thirty am West Coast start time. That was a zero watch. Even though you're a Daniel Jones guy, I guarantee that was a zero watch. So all that coming in. Did your teaser hit this week? I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: It didn't hit three team or hit pretty big? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Three teamer hit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 2: What a run three team or teaser for Demansee, we'll get into that on the Gambling Show. My five picks started out three and oh and sadly ended three and two. Lost the Sunday night football game by the hook, and but I had no business winning that game anyway. I had Detroit laying points. Jared Goff goes full, you know Jared Goff. And then Monday night I had the Rams. They had some opportunities to steal it, but didn't. Speaking of that, demands, let's get right into Monday night before we get into the rest of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. Yeah, So, in a must needed win, Miami keeps their season alive against the Rams last night. Could you see Miami sneaking into the AFC playoff picture.
Speaker 2: So Rams quickly. The Rams playoff hopes are very very simple and siffer than Miami just got to win the division. Because in the NFC right now, you have Detroit, Philly, Atlanta are leading their divisions and are all going to be playoff teams. You then have Washington and Minnesota both with seven wins, so those teams look very good for the playoffs, and Green Bay sitting there at six and three, which leaves you one team potentially out of the NFC West, and the Cardinals are sitting at six and four, the Niners at five and four, and Los Angeles and Seattle at four and five. So for the Rams, that was a bad loss last night. The question is, though, can they make up enough ground to steal the four seed and keep the Cardinals and the Niners out of the playoffs. If you're the Rams, you're like, man, the Niners won a game they almost blew at the end. If the Bucks can just punch it in and then you have a game that you're the favored in that you end up losing, that one's simple. The AFC playoff picture is very very different because three of the divisions feel totally locked. The Chiefs locked in the AFC West, the Bills triple locked in the AFC East, five games clear of the Dolphins and the Texans, even though they're not playing well as of late. The cult season has gone off, the Rails going to a thirty nine year old Joe Flacco, where the future and the present seem to be in trouble. The Texans are gonna win that division. Then you have the AFC North, where Pittsburgh and Baltimore are going to be fighting for that division. There's five playoff teams, and then the Chargers, who have all of a sudden one six three in a row. They're six and three. Their losses this year don't look bad at all. A ten point loss to Pittsburgh, a touchdown loss to Kansas City, a two point loss to the Cardinals. Now they don't have any great wins, but they look to be positioned pretty well. So we are looking at one AFC playoff spot for the following teams. Denver at five and five, Indy at four and six, the Dolphins at four and six, and Miami sneaky alive at three and six. Miami's next two games demonse home for the Raiders home for the Patriots. You then are at the Packers. That's tough, but you also have two left against the Jets and a Browns game left. Your tough ones are Packers Texans. Now, So can the Dolphins get to nine and eight maybe? And would nine and eight be good enough? I think nine and eight is probably going to get you in as the seventh seed. The question is what will your tie breakers be? Who else will be nine and eight? So let's just go through it real quick, because I think that in the AFC, the Chiefs, Bills, Steelers, Ravens, Texans feel like close to one hundred percent for the playoffs right now. Now the Steelers, by the way, quick note there's seven and two and we'll talk about them later, do you know, I mean, there's no way you would know off the top of your head. I just I had been talking about it yesterday. Their final eight games demands ey because it's insane. Does the Steelers no? It incredibly tough. Wheelers have not played a single divisional game yet, so they have six divisional games. Yeah, the Steelers and the Bears to the two toughest divisions, two teams that have not played a single divisional game. Really bad news for the Bears. The Steelers have six AFC North games left. Now you can say that's not that tough because the Browns stink, the Bengals aren't that good, but it's the AFC North, like those are gonna be slugfests. And their two non divisional games are Philly and the Chiefs. So that is actually really good news for your Ravens and their ability to climb up and steal that division. But I don't think Pittsburgh's gonna fall out of the playoff picture entirely, obviously, so we'll put them in even though they have the brutal schedule, and the Chargers have given themselves given themselves a little bit of a margin of error. They end the year going Broncos, Patriots, Raiders. So as long as the Chargers don't just fall apart over the next month, Bengals, Ravens, Falcons, Chiefs, Bucks, they should be good. So that then again leaves us Broncos, Colts, Bengals, Dolphins, four teams for one spot. What do the Broncos have coming up home for the Falcons, at the Raiders, home for the Browns, home for the Colts, and then very tough stretch at the Chargers at the Bengals, but maybe a super lucky And we talked about this. If you remember before we the Broncos preseason win total was five and a half and we took the over. They're sitting at five already, they were five and three. One of the reasons they got the best Week eighteen game you can get. They get the Chiefs in Week eighteen. And the reason that's the best game you can it is it's the one time all year if you have to play the Chiefs you might not be playing Mahomes. So the Broncos schedule is pretty beneficial for them. I'm almost just ready to cross off the Colts. And the problem is the Colts do have games left against the Giants, Titans, Jets, Jacks, Yis. But man oh man, they are falling apart, so to me, I'm gonna remove them, and then you have the Bengals and the Dolphins. Bengals schedule the rest of the way not easy. At the Chargers Sunday Night Football, two games against the Steelers, and then I guess it's not brutal at the Cowboys, at the Titans, home for the Browns, home for the Broncos, and then we get to Miami, which was the purpose of this conversation, and we talked about their schedule earlier Raiders, Patriots plus two Jets games. I'm not ready to cross off the Dolphins entirely. I think the Bengals are the most dangerous of those teams. But the Bengals might end up being like the eighth best team in the NFL and not make the playoffs because they've lost all of these heartbreakers to really good teams. Having heard all that demands a Broncos, Colts, Bengals, Dolphins. Who would be your bet to be the seventh seed in the AFC.
Speaker 3: Broncos, Broncos, Colts, Bengals, Dolphins. I can't really, I don't. I honestly would have to go with the Dolphins because the Bengals, I don't know if they're going to be able to turn it back on Colts. I just don't believe in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Broncos defense is really good, but I don't buy. I think bo Nicks has played fine, maybe a little better than I expected. I don't think he's been great. What they do have going for him, obviously, is they already have five wins and the Dolphins are only at three So I just I think that we're in a weird spot in the AFC where a lot of the playoff picture is gonna be pretty set, but that's seven seeds wide open. In the NFC, meanwhile, we might be in a position in a few weeks where the only real race is divisional races, like who's gonna win it between Philly and Washington, who's gonna win the NFC West, But the NFC West, whoever wins it could is likely also the only playoff team out of there. This is the first time we've really done this on the show where we do like a full playoff picture, but through ten weeks is about the time it starts to crystallize and we can get into it all right. One team we don't have to worry about missing the playoffs, of course, is the undefeated, two time defending champion Kansas City Chiefs. Demons, go right ahead, and we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it looked like the Chiefs are gonna lose for a minute there, and they blocked the field goal. At the end of the game, they pulled it out. This dark magic just continues. But you were saying that this stretch of Denver and Buffalo was going to be complicated from Homes, and the Chiefs thought that they were going to lose. They're now underdogs to Buffalo. I know how you always say you should take the Chiefs when they're underdogs. What are you doing here? Do you still think that the Buffalo is going to be the Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Going against Mahomes.
Speaker 2: For the year, this was a game I had penciled in as a loss. The Chiefs try to be good League teammates, and since they win all the actual Super Bowls, they like to have other teams have a chance to win their super Bowl. And the Bill's regular season game against the Chiefs is, of course Buffalo's super Bowl every year, and they've wanted a few years in a row, and so shout out to them. Last year, the Bill's Chiefs game, if you remember, was the Travis Kelcey lateral to Cadaria's Tony game. He was lined up off sides and that kind of got Buffalo rolling on their stretched in the season. It was one of the low points for the Chiefs all week. I said, I thought the Chiefs could lose to Denver. It felt very trap gamy, and it played out very trap gamey also Denver's defense. There's only two defenses in the league that are top five scoring and top five yardage, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Denver Broncos. So that game, being a low scoring defensive slugfest shouldn't have shocked anybody. And the one weakness right now on the Chiefs is that left tackle spot, and Denver ate that spot a live all games starting left tackle went out with injury. The rookie came in. He's not ready right now. The starter came back in later, but he's shaky. And listen the Chiefs. I will not abide people saying the Chiefs got lucky. Getting lucky is the other team missing the field goal making a damn play? Is you blocking the field goal? The Chiefs didn't get lucky, They executed and stole a win that Denver could have had. But that's what great teams do. So I'll get to the Bills piece of it in a moment. But here's why this Chiefs team is so special. So throughout the year, there have been a number of spots, number of games demons where Mahomes has not played well early and then Mahomes has made the plays late to win it. So Cincinnati. He played terribly throughout long portions of that game. But then fourth and six game on the line, hits the pass, called back dude to penalty. Fourth and sixteen game on the line, hits the pass, they interfere. They win the game. The Niners game, he was not playing well. Hits the down the sideline, then runs over Mustaf on the goal line to win the game. There have been a number of spots where Mahomes has kind of cleaned up his own mess, so to speak. But there have been now two games where Mahomes had a chance at the end to ice the game and didn't do it. The Falcons game got the ball back up five two first downs, win the game. The Chiefs go three and out, Mahomes misses a pass and all of a sudden, the Falcons are driving to win. Third and one. The chief Stone b genre Algier don't remember. Fourth and one, the chief stoneum Chiefs win, defense bailed him out, and then Yester or Sunday, Mahomes had an opportunity third and goal from the two Travis wide open. He sails the pass that would have put the Chiefs up eight points, essentially the game. Mahomes misses the throw and the special teams and Leo Chanal, who's a regular player as well linebacker but plays special teams, saves the day. That is so much more reassuring for the Chiefs Super Bowl chances than if it was just one guy constantly doing it, if it was just always Mahomes magic, then you feel like, man, it's a lot of pressure that Mahomes has to do it every single week. That's not the story of this Chiefs team. So that was a great win, a great win this Bills game. Let you mentioned the point spread. The Chiefs should never be underdogs when Patrick's healthy, and the results showing he's now eleven to one and one in his career against the spread or I'm sorry, no, is it eleven to one on one?
Speaker 3: No, he was.
Speaker 2: He's ten and eleven and three straight up as an underdog and twelve one and one. Yeah, twelve one and one as a dog against the spread, and eleven and three straight up. He's won five straight. There's no scenario where when Patrick is healthy the Chiefs should be underdogs, so the line is insulting. I do think for the Bills this is almost the only meaningful game left on their schedule. And here's why. If the Bills win Demansey, because the Bills already right have locked up the AFC East. If you bet one hundred dollars on the Bills to win the AFC East right now, you win two dollars. They are minus five thousand favorites, like, so that's done. So if you if they win this game, they get one game back of Kansas City with the tiebreaker for the one seed. If they win this game, all they have to do is make up one game of ground on the Chiefs and they're the one seed. Flip side is if they lose this game, they are four games back of Kansas City, So it goes you're either one back or four back because of the tiebreaker principle. So if you're Buffalo and you win, then all of a sudden, the stakes of this season are the rest of the regular season are massive. But if you're Buffalo and you lose, then it's a really weird next six weeks. Like what are we playing for? We can't lose the division and we can't catch the one seed. So for all those reasons, I think Buffalo is going to be a peak peak motivation. The Chiefs also listen. They are already on one of the longest winning streaks in the history of the NFL. The full list of winning streaks longer than the Chiefs, thus the one they're on right now. Here's what it is. John Madden's Raiders seventeen, Don Shula's Dolphins eighteen, peak Montana Niners eighteen, Patriots undefeated year eighteen, peak Lway Broncos back to back championship eighteen, the Bears in the thirties eighteen, the Bears in the forties eighteen, Rogers Packers when they won the Super Bowl and then started thirteen to zero nineteen, and the Patriots back to back championships three to four twenty one. That's the full list all of NFL history of winning streaks longer than the one the Chiefs are on right now. So they are due for a loss. I just don't think it's coming this week. I had said going into the year that the way I thought the chief season would go is they would lose Week four to the Chargers, Week eleven to Buffalo, and then a dumb one sometime after that and finished fourteen and three. I think the juice they got from that stolen victory yesterday. Now they are. While they won't talk about it, there has to be a bit of could we go undefeated bouncing around in their head. And if they're not going to I don't think it's Buffalo that ends it. And if it's not Buffalo, here's what they have demands. After the Bills, Panthers, Raiders. Okay, so now you're twelve and zero after that, home for the Chargers at the Browns, home for the Texans at the Steelers at the Broncos. Now I'm gonna say something else that is controversial, not controversial, but maybe unpopular. I don't want them to go for undefeated. They play the Steelers on Christmas Day on a Wednesday, after playing the previous game against the Texans on a Saturday. One of those games. If they're fourteen to oh going into the Texans game, one of those games, I want them to sit there. Guys, that is a recipe for massive injury. Playing on a short week Christmas Day against the Steelers a Wednesday one o'clock start against Pittsburgh is just an absurdity. It's kind of redem The NFL is having the defending champs going for a three peat.
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 2: The first ever Windnesday game in NFL history. But so I would be fine with them punting on the undefeated season. And there is a there is a fun wrinkle to the end of the chief schedule, which is this, Let's say they're fifteen to oh going into that Steeler game. If they were to punt on the Steeler game and have that be the reason the Steelers not Baltimore win the division and then punt on the Bronco game and have that be the reason the Broncos not the Bengals make the playoffs. That'd be pretty sick if the Chiefs can get rest while making the path to the Super Bowl easier in the AFC. Just something to think about. So, but I think they're gonna beat Buffalo this week, and I think they're gonna get to I think they're gonna be twelve to oh hosting the Chargers on Sunday Night Football, and that could be a tough spot. Hosting the Chargers at twelve and zero and having locked up the one seed at that point, that could be a tough spot. That's the next one I'm circling. But yeah, I'll be taking the Chiefs plus the points on my card this week. You're damn straight about that. It was alright, let's move on.
Speaker 3: You you were saying that the best bet is to lie. I have bet the Chiefs w when they're down or whatever, and I went to I went to fandue when I checked when they were down, and it was like they were like minus two ten and they were down four down fours, yeah, seven, whatever it may have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, yeah, I mean four hundred. They started the game minus four hundred. You get the All right, let's go on to the Texans.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah, CJ stout of the Texans. They looked like they had rallied there and turned a new leaf, and they got shut out in the second quarter of the second half and got overcame by Jerry Golf Alliance. Everybody loved Houston this year, but they obviously have not met expectations. Do you think everybody was too quick to throw Stroud into that great category?
Speaker 2: Listen, I think Stroud's very, very good. But you know, coming into the year, I said, Packers Texans, at least one of the two is going I said.
Speaker 3: The said, I said the Packers weren't going to disappoint. You said the Texans weren't disappoint.
Speaker 2: You're you're right, they might both we'll see like you know what I mean, like the and both quarterbacks have not looked as good as they did last year. You know, Jordan's been banged up, and Jordan's been very boom busts so far. A lot of great plays, a ton of touchdowns, a ton of interceptions. Cj who threw no interceptions last year, is kind of his calling card, has been a little more mistake prone. His receivers have been banged up, and for the Texans it they don't really have. Listen. Their win against Buffalo is a great win, don't get me wrong at all. But if you remember that was the game Buffalo had the ball on their own goal line and threw it instead of running it, and then they ended up punting people killed McDermott for it, and the Texans get a field goal at the end. That's an excellent win. There are other wins. Two point win against the Colts in week one, six point win against the Bears in week two, four point win against Jacksonville in week four, they blew out the Patriots, and they sneaked one away against the Colts a few weeks ago. In the meantime, they lost to the Packers, lost to the Jets, which is an abysmal loss, lost to the Lions in a game golf through five picks, got blown out by the Vikings. Now what the Texans have going for him is they have a lot of time to get healthy, get Nicocollins back, because the offense has look the same, and before the playoffs start, we are gonna find out who the Texans really are from a playoff standpoint. In December. Mid December, they have a stretch of Dolphins, Chiefs Ravens and they're on the same schedule of the Chiefs of they play Sunday, Saturday, Wednesday, so the Ravens do as well. Again, I don't love how the NFL set this up, but it is what it is. In the meantime, get right game for the Texans this week against the Cowboys, then home for the Titans, then out at the Jags. So all that is. You know, they should stabilize, but right now they don't look like they have a They have a well enough rounded offense, particularly when mixing's not cooking, to be a real playoff threat. The defense has been a little better than I expected particularly getting after the quarterback. The offense has not quite been there. I still think Stroud is excellent, but people putting them in the Super Bowl and him as the league MVP probably need to pump their brakes just a bit, go ahead, just a bit.
Speaker 3: Do you think that Detroit has like a similar end of game magic like the Chiefs, They just seem to pull out the win.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I think that they fully believe, and I think they love their head coach, and I think that they are in a spot right now where at the end of games you've got to feel like, if it's close, they're going to come through. So I think all of that works really well for them. Dak is done for the year. We'll discuss that on the other side.
Speaker 3: What's Right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back What's Right with Nick Wright Episode two seventy seven, And this episode is brought to you by Lexus Racing. If you're a fan of high octane excitement and precision racing, I've got something you got to hear. Since twenty seventeen, Lexus Racing has been pushing the boundaries of precision innovation and pure racing excellence. Last year, Lexus Racing, alongside their partners at Vassar, Sullivan took home the twenty twenty three IMSA GTD Pro Class Championship with the stunning Lexus RCFGT three. That's right, their first GT Racing championship, and it certainly won't be their last. Now the team's revving up for an epic twenty twenty four season, so make sure you follow along every race weekend. Keep an eye out for those eye catching day glow yellow and black Lexus rcf GT three's, and listen for the roar of the Lexus V eight engines. Want to witness history in the making, follow Lexus Racing every step of the way. Visit Lexus dot com slash motorsports to learn more about the team, the cutting edge technologies behind these incredible racing machines, and to get all the details on upcoming races. Lexus Racing where luxury meets high performance and the pursuit of victory never stops. That's Lexusracing dot com slash Motorsports. All right, demons, before we get to our game, let's talk a little cowboys in a little poker. We'll do all. Let's just get into it right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So DAK season might be over with his injured hamstring. Now the Coboys can focus on more important things like stadium upholstery. Micah Parsons didn't exactly stand up for his coach when question about him give us a three step plan to fix Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, So Jerry just announced on the radio that Dax season is over one hundred percent done. He's having surgery on the injured hamstring. So here's the deal. And we talk a ton about the Cowboys on TV, and I don't apologize for that. It's smart business. But without Dak, they're not that interesting. So the we're not gonna spend a ton of time on it.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of things they should have done differently, but they didn't. So now that they're in the bed, they're in. The number one thing they could do is bring in a real football person. Unfortunately, Jerry would have to fire himself and he's not going to do it. And in the past I have thought some of the Jerry Jones blame was overwrought. I do not think that is the case this year. I think nearly every single major decision football wise, the Cowboys made over the last nine months was the wrong decision From bringing back McCarthy, to slow playing CDs deal, to not getting Micah done, to waiting on Dak and then folding at the very end and re signing Dak, sitting out free agency, telegraphing your draft plans, not getting involved in the running back market, which by the way, I advocated for, but I was wrong on letting your team wilter away. All of those are football moves. Jerry's over. It's not a single one that worked out. And so there are a lot of things they could do, but I simply know they won't. So first one would be bring in a real football person. Second one would be and this is a take nobody has about Micah's podcast, and I want to know how you feel about it. Demands. I have no problem with Micah doing the podcast, but you know the old Laura Ingram nonsense, stick to sports, shut up and dribble all that BS. I actually want Micah to do the opposite. Micah keep the podcast. One rule. You can talk about anything you want except for football. You want to talk basketball, you want to talk politics, you want to talk dating, you want to talk cooking, you want to talk anything you want, just no football. Keep the pod. Expand your horizons. I don't think it's like taking away from your training time. I do think every time you do a quarterback ranking it's a pain in the ass for the team. It's like Jesus Man, did Micah just do ten quarterbacks and not list Dak well christ now? And then he does a new quarterback ranking includes Dak but puts him fifth of like most clutch quarterbacks. That's even worse than leaving him out. Then he's talking about Mike McCarthy like, Micah, do the pod no.
Speaker 3: Full Yeah, I've hilarious.
Speaker 2: And then like he he torches McCarthy says it's unintentional, then tweets out the real story will be on the edge with Micah Parsons like buddy like, it's just just bad news. So that would be my advice there. I know there is some thought the Cowboys should trade Micah, not because he's not awesome, but it's because it's the only way to kickstart or rebuild. You just you can't have the highest paid quarterback in the league, one of the highest paid wide receivers in the league and be rebuilding. You just can't. Once you paid Dak, you're not rebuilding. Trading away the best player on your team who's twenty four years old does not make you better. So you have to build around Micah, Dak and CD. It's what you have to do. And as far as coaches, realistic coaches, I'd bring in Mike Vrabel, I'd bring in Mike Rabel, a real football, no bs, no nonsense person. That's what I would do. McCarthy's out, Vrabel's in Dax's rehabs, you re signed Micah, and you hope to hit on a draft and spend some damn money in free agency. Those are the things that I would do. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, last week you went to Vegas to play poker with the Gronk Uh mind telling chat how it went and myself because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know either, Well, so I'm not going. I can't reveal the results because it's gonna it's gonna be turned into a six episode YouTube show. Like you knows there's gonna be, so I don't want to spoil it. And that's coming out in a few months. I will say it was me Gronk, Phil Locke, Antonios Fondiari, Phil Helm, youth Poker. People know who those last three names are. Uh, for twelve hours playing cards. It was an unbelievable time. Gronk is so much fun and such a good dude, and he and I had spent no real time together. I will tell one kind of funny anecdote of it. So Phil Locke, who is one of my favorite poker players ever in a legend used to be called the Unibomber, wore the hoodie like over his eyes, sunglasses, whole thing. He was one of the alternates, so he was only gonna play if someone busted out, and someone did bust out, so he was gonna come join us. And I was like, you know, I don't get like nervous about meeting athletes. I was not nervous about meeting Gronk at all, Like I'm not that part of what I do. But I do get nervous about meeting these pro poker players who I've always looked up to and enjoyed watching and all this stuff. So I was nervous about meeting Antonio's fondiari who might be my favorite player ever. But by the end of the night, Man again, I don't want to spoil anything, but at one point it might look like I might need more money and Antonio just says across the table, He's like, He's like, Nick, you know, if you need like fifty thousand, I'd just toss it to you. We had met ten hours ago. He was just gonna loan me fifty grand on reputation like the so like he and I are like text buddies now. It's one of the coolest things ever, Antonio. So he was meeting Antonio is great. I've known Phil Helmut for a while. But when Phil Lock's coming over, I'm like, man, I was like, there's a chance Phil Lock knows me. Like, if you're a big sports fan, there's always a chance you know me. I was like, it'd be really cool if Phil Locke knew me. So Phil Lock comes over to the table, seies Antonio, gives him a hug, Seese Helm gives him a hug, sees Rob Gronkowski and says, Hi, I'm Phil what's your name? And I'm like, oh, I'm drawing stone dead on Phil Locke knowing me. If he didn't recognize Rob Gronkowski, Uh Like, I was like, so I'm at about zero percent for him knowing me or thinking what I do is cool or any of that stuff. And also how like disconnected from sports you have to be to not recognize Grunk? Like who are the Who's the full list demons of active NFL players more famous than Grunk? Full list? I think it's three people long. I think there are three active NFL players more famous than Gronk. Do you do you have a guess?
Speaker 3: Very smallest? I mean, Patrick Mahomes gotta be one. What I mean, I imagine what the whole Taylor Swift thing. You're probably Travis Kelcey is in there as well.
Speaker 2: Travis kelce to Travis Kelcey, this is a quote from Wilds before you Guess the third, But it's true. This is one of my favorite wild isms. Wildest said Taylor. He said, Taylor Swift is so famous that her boyfriend's brother's wife is now famous. And I'm like, oh, that's true. I'm like, uh, that's accurate. Like Kylie Kelsey is a celebrity, Jason and again Jason Kelsey was already I understand it, but like the right lineman. But now, yeah, yeah, Taylor Swift is so famous that her boyfriend's brother's wife is a celebrity now. But yeah, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelcey, and I think there's only I don't think Lamar is more famous than Gronk, meaning like you know what I mean, like if you showed if you showed my sister just a headshot of Lamar, I don't think she knows who it is. But I but Gronk because he's in all the commercials, and you know what I mean, Like, I think she knows who Gronk is. Who do you have a guess on the third?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Maybe? Oh? Aaron Rodgers? Aaron Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who were you about to guess when you were saying.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say? Dak just because he plays for the Cowboys and that's America's team.
Speaker 2: No, but he's not more famous than Gronk. No, I think that. I think that if we are ranking football players by fame, I think this is active or retired. I think the list is Tom Brady won, Patrick Mahomes two, Travis Kelsey three, Aaron Rodgers for Rob Gronkowski.
Speaker 3: Five Odell We did forget all. He's not active. He's not an active player active.
Speaker 2: Odell played last night, yeah, but I mean barely. He did the celebration with Tyreek. But the Odell is So that's what's weird, Like, is Odell more famous than Joe Burrow? The answer that question is yes, yeah, he just is like you know and so like.
Speaker 3: Famous because is obviously more prominent in the NFL right now.
Speaker 2: Correct, But it's the same type of thing like we I was discussing this with Wilds. Actually, are the three most famous people associated with are three of the four most famous people associated with baseball? The retired guys on the Fox postgame show, A Rod, Jeter, and Big Poppy. Are those three guys currently more famous than any active baseball player other than Otani? And Otani's a weird one because again, I think Otani is somewhat as far as his face anonymous domestically, but he's one of the biggest celebrities in all of Asia. But like again, Otani and Judge are the only two guys even in the room as far as like compared to Jeter, A Rod, Big Poppy like so yeah and the and so I don't even so why do we talking this? Oh A grunt? The so yeah? The thanks of Poker Stars. It was unbelievable. And when I when the episodes come out on their YouTube page, I'll obviously push them out and show you guys, and you guys be able to watch me play and bardon me see how the whole thing went. It was a whirlwind. Forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I flew into I I did the TV show Tuesday, went to the airport, watched the election results on the plane Tuesday. That was a treat. Was a little under the weather. Landed in Vegas at one am, Vegas time, Tuesday night. Wednesday morning, four am my body clock. Got to the hotel around two am, Vegas time. No that's not right, Yeah, whatever it is, doesn't matter, and went to bed, got up, did the show, did hours of like interviews, photo shoot whatever for the poker thing. Got up the next morning. Poker thing started at eleven am. We finished playing at ten pm. Ninety minutes of interviews. Then get on a flight one am flight Thursday night, Friday morning that lands in Philly. Get to Philly at eight thirty in the morning, take a car home, shower, and come and do the TV show Friday. I mean, that was I lot. It was a lot, Yeah, a lot going on. All right, let's the hold on mirror, Oh, myriad corpse, says Nick didn't say if the guy knew him, well, he didn't know Gronks, so no, he didn't know me. The point that was myriad corpse. There were some context clues there that if the guy who's not a big enough sportsman know who Rob Gronkowski is, he's not watching First Things First? Or what's right with Nick?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: All right, let's play a quick game of right ends.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Maria corp right ends. The Cardinals are favored to win the NFC West, but the forty nine ers have CMC back, and you can't count up in Veay and Stafford. Despite the loss last night. The winner of the NFC West will be hold on.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked by the nine by the Cardinals being favored, and it's because they're not. The Niners are the Vegas favorites. Niners are plus one oh five Cardinals or plus one forty. Now the Cardinals are have the better record, but the right now the Niners are the slight favorite over Arizona. I gotta say the Cardinals deserve some respect at this point. Like the Cardinals don't have a bad loss. Now they got blown out by the Commanders, but the Cardinals loss is demonse Week one against Buffalo came down to the final drive week three, a touchdown loss to the Lions. Week four, got blown out by the Commanders. Oh, and they got blown out by the Packers. So they've gotten blown out. But they've lost to Bill's Lions, Commander's Packers, so you know what I mean, they haven't lost. They've handled their business against bad teams. They stole one against San Francisco, they blew out the Rams on their own. So if they're a team right now that is not going to lose to the bad teams. Here's their schedule at Seattle, at the Vikings, home for the Seahawks, home for the Patriots, at the Panthers, at the Rams, home for the Niners. So that sweet, no no no, I wasn't saying it's.
Speaker 3: No no, no. Oh.
Speaker 2: I wasn't saying it was good. I was just trying to, kind of in real time in my head, say, if we think they lose to the good teams and beat the bad teams, right, so let's say that means let's see that that means they split with the Seahawks. That seems fair, and that they split at the Vikings at the Rams, that seems fair. So that'd be two wins. And they beat the Patriots and Panthers, that's another two wins. That puts them at ten going into Week eighteen home against the Niners. I think I might have just stumbled on Sunday Night football Week eighteen. That might be the final game of the NFL season. Mark this down, social media team, please a little see if we can get a nice little classic two eventually. Correct, I'm putting my flag in the sand. Week eighteen, Sunday Night Football, Cardinals Niners with the NFC West Division on the line, I think that's the game we're gonna get. So the if we're if I'm right that the Cardinals, yeah, we'll be at ten and six going into that game the Niners. Let me look at the Niners schedule the rest of the way. Play a little again, mad Dog Mike and the mad Dog style win loss, win loss. Here's what they have home for Seattle at the Packers, at the Bills, home for the Bears, home for the Rams, at the Dolphins, home for the Lions, and then at the Cardinals. So if we think that Packers at Packers at Bills, yeah, I mean I feel like there's at least two.
Speaker 3: Losses, the games.
Speaker 2: Really losable games home for the Lions, at the Bills, at the Packers. Yeah, I mean, it's totally reasonable that the Cardinals could be leading the NFC West the rest of the way. In fact, you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and say, the Cardinals are gonna win the division. Say it again.
Speaker 3: They made it over that home. We were just talking about how they had one had one back to back games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three years and now they've won.
Speaker 3: By the way as well.
Speaker 2: And I know Kyler is still cooking. And here's the other thing that here's the other thing the Cardinals have going for him two and ohero in the division with the Niners already being one and two. So the Cardinals put they beat the Niners head up. Now, the Niners can get back on them on that, but they could be in a position where they hold tie breakers over the Niners, which is huge. Man, that Rams loss. If the Rams had won last night, you'd feel like they are five and four, healthy and right there to win the division. All right, next, uh, so you have divorced her?
Speaker 3: Did you want to talk about We're gonna hit on the deebo Samuel the kick? It was that where you or is it just done?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, we can talk about the Deebo Samuel thing. It's a punk move by Deebo flatly. And here's why. Any time you put your hands on someone who's not allowed to put their hands back on you, it's a punk move. Those are the rules, and people like, oh, it's pro sports. There's arguments, there's whatever. It's why I've always had a visceral negative reaction to the college coach who pushes or grabs the face mask of a player because the player is not allowed to respond. If Deebo had done that to George Kittle, I'd be fine with it because Kittle can be like, all right, let's go. And it's not just about the fact that Diebo's a favorite in the fight. That's not even what I'm talking about. I'm saying the second year kicker and the long snapper are not allowed to hit Deebo Samuel in the hierarchy of the It would be again bad example here. But I almost feel like it's the difference between at work if I and I wouldn't do this, but if I shoved wilds versus if I shoved one of the interns, Like if I shove wilds. Wilds can shove me back. We are peers. There is not a power dynamic that is missing there. But if I shove it intern, the guy's like probably like what am I supposed to do here? Like? And so that I that's what I didn't like about it. And not only do I think it did, it's I know he made his next kick to me. That's not related. It puts more pressure on the kid. It's not helpful. I don't like any of it. I just don't like the it's it's.
Speaker 3: You can't do that guy jo either. You can't do that guy's job. You can't kick the ball in the field goal like you go out there and do it, like, come on, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good that's a good point too, which is, yeah, you can't do that guy's job, and there's nobody else there to do it. If you go down, at least they have backups. There's nobody else to do his job. I didn't even think about that, but I was just more along the lines of like, I just don't like the uneven power dynamics of like, I am not someone that thinks, oh there's no setting, there's no instance where putting your hands on someone is acceptable. I don't. I think that is too black and white actually, and I hate when people are like, well, imagine if that happened at your workplace, bro, It's not your workplace. Different workplaces have different dynamics, and like the you know, I grew up in firehouses, that is a different dynamic than if you grow up in an accounting firm. Like, there's just different you know, acceptable norms for different environments. Football is one of them, where, eh, settling things with a little bit of physical violence between co workers might actually be okay, but not when one guy can't hit the other one back that that's just.
Speaker 3: What Bob jumps. Like, so if he did something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like it was people people, you know, we're like, Nick, you didn't get this worked up with Travis and Andy. The thing I didn't love about Travis and Andy was the age dynamic. Was that Andy's forty years or thirty years older than Travis, and you know, that felt like he could have heard him. But if you remember Andy, Andy is still a fiery son of a gun. And when he was asked about it, about Travis knocking him backwards, Andy was like, well, he caught me off guard. And Andy's a huge dude, and Andy was gonna make it, make it clear if need be. I think I could take that guy for as long, at least as long as we need it until someone else came. I would feel if Travis had done what he did to Andy to the equipment manager, I think that would be so so different. But like, you know, Andy's allowed to hit Travis back like and honestly Travis can't then respond had bumped Andy and Andy had slugged him, Travis just has to take it like he certainly can't punch that old head coach back. And so I just the again, I'm belaboring the same point, but that's just what bothered me about it. Like I would have no problem with Mahomes getting into a true screaming match with Chris Jones or Travis Kelcey. It would really bother me if Mahomes got like dressed down screaming match for like a practice squad receiver, because it's like, well, that guy know, even if you're wrong, you're right. So that that's that's my short takeaway of it, all right.
Speaker 3: Next he pops chill oudebo, you have divorced your your bear's super Bowl take and not a moment too soon. The Bears fired their offensive coordinator and he Reflus had to confirm Calebi remain the starter after a loss to the Patriots because reportedly players have been asked sking him to be bench for Tyson's badget the Bears.
Speaker 2: Problem with respect with respect to Wadal and Sylvie the radio show in Chicago. I don't buy that. I don't buy that there's multiple players on the Bears who want Tyson Badging as the starter. I don't buy that.
Speaker 3: Do think there's some beef in in Chicago. I don't know what it is, but I do think there's something brewin. It might not.
Speaker 2: I think there's a ton of problems. Yeah, oh, I think there's a ton of problems, and I think guys are probably some guys are unhappy with how Caleb has played, and he hasn't played well last few weeks. There's no denying that. But Tyson Bade Badgint is barely an NFL player, Like that's not a thing. The short version is the Bears problems are too big to be fixed during the season. If firing Shane Waldron was a good first step, but uh, they have coached the aggressiveness out of Caleb. It is not lost on me. Demansay. That is worst three game stretch of his career, his young career. He hasn't turned the ball over, no picks he is he's gone too far in the other direction. He's not taking it. He's holding onto the ball if it's not wide open, he's not throwing. So I to me, that is that is coaching getting in his head. I now he again he needs to overcome it. He needs to be better and he needs to be more accurate on the easy stuff. But he's not all of a sudden throwing the ball over over the field. It's the opposite. He's refusing to throw the ball. He's and so he has in this three game PFF has n't rated with over the last three games, Demonsee. One big time throw and zero turnover worthy plays. That's not how a rookie quarterback supposed to develop, you know what I mean? Like, give me ten big time throw and twelve turnover worthy plays. Give me the whole gamut, like Peyton Manning his rookie year, twenty eight picks. Fine, what and.
Speaker 3: So I think he's got a lot of his shoulders man like I think even like some of his teammates don't like him, like he obviously had all the hype coming into this season. You got Jayde Daniels lighting stuff up. I think he's got like a lot of stuff on his shoulders and in his mind a lot and he even sometimes I seem like, go ahead, yeah, sorry, no you go. Sometimes you go, just like players like the fifty to fifty balls. Like even I know that he's missing his receivers sometimes, but sometimes I feel like his receiver can go out there and go get the ball, like I maybe two out of six times.
Speaker 2: Doesn't seem like the whole team's pulling in the right in the same direction, And it seems like the defensive personnel was really mad at eber Flus for not taking more accountability for the hail Mary loss, and so all like they're that team that hail Mary, that Jayden Daniels hail Mary. Might now the Bears offense was already shaky, but might have broken the team. All right, Let's go to the other rookie quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Are the first four or first of the four first round quarterbacks who have played, Caleb has arguably been the least effective. Not all his fault. Daniels, May and Nicks have all been better than expected. Obviously, in a redraft, the quarterbacks go in this order.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, if it were me, they go in the exact order they were taken A Caleb, Jade and Drake Knicks and I And for the record, I think anyone who if you were out on Caleb before the draft, so fine, but if you had him as the number one player through you know, prior to this season, changing that based off nine games is idiotic in my opinion. Now, I do think a lot of people are reactionary and idiotic. So I think a redraft probably would go Jaden, Caleb, Drake bo. I don't think Caleb falls behind Drake May, who hasn't shown that much or bow Nicks, who's been as expected, kind of pro ready but low ceiling. Also, I am just gonna point out that, and I'm listen. I'm sad for Chet Holmgren that he just broke his hip. But you know, one of my less popular but it seems to be pretty relevant takes is careful of the super skinny athlete I have Kevin. You know, Kevin Durant proves it wrong and everyone else proves it right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if people have noticed, but Jade and Daniels since the ribs doesn't run quite as much and isn't quite as dynamic, and that is a concern, and so well.
Speaker 3: You definitely needed to take extra time off. Like he came back early. I think they rushed that. He's definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was so the listen. I think Jaden's been awesome. But part of that awesomeness is his dynamicism. Is that a word? I always want to say that word. It's like, no, I don't, It's definitely not that.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Uh, dynamicism the degree, Yeah, that is a word. Good job by me with his legs is a huge part of his value. And this last week he had three carries for five yards. What you look confused? What are you confused by? Is that not me dismissing your Yeah, you said dynamicy. That's not the word dynamicism from No, no, no, Uh, listen, maybe I'm using it wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, hold on, is it dynamicy?
Speaker 2: I that's why, God, this is an embarrassing one. So I think oh no synonyms? Uh oh no, yeah, no, I am wrong, it's not I'm trying to the words dynamic. I'm trying to turn it into dynamicism. I sound like a moron, but the word is dynamism for some reason. The Iced drop the Iced drops out. Gosh darn it, bad beat for me. Dynamism. That's it, that job, Nick Wow, drop a few of the old IQ points there, Pal, All right, let's do u uh. Let's do Giants real quick.
Speaker 3: The Giants lost to the Panthers, but you see a silver lining for their future and your tweet Uh yes, yeah, so you seem pretty optimistic. The worst NFC team in the last ten years will turn it around. The Giants future looks.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think that. I think, let me do this and then we'll do listener questions. I think both New York football teams have a big opportunity here. We didn't talk Jets at all in this show because how many times can I tell you, guys, I told you dope. So, but the Jets, Woody Johnson is gonna have to hand over control of the team to Christopher Johnson because Trump won. So he's gonna get another cushy ambassador gig and so he can't run the team for at least four years. Uh So that'll be good for the Jets. If Christopher Johnson's like man, I didn't make this deal with Aaron Rodgers. You're you're. We don't want you back next year. Buddy, you're you're. You're You're old, injured, ineffective, a terrible leader. Don't don't take accountability. You're not good anymore. We're moving on. Jets can have great draft pick, try to get Sauce back to where he was, because Sauce is going in the wrong direction. Quinn William's still awesome, Garrett Wilson's good, and build around a real coach and a real court, a young quarterback fun Giants have a sick defensive line. Neighbors is awesome. A franchise left tackle who's out with injury, but he'll be back. Bring in Bill Belichick to set a culture. Draft a quarterback with your top five pick, and get rolling. So I mean, I think that's the path forward for those teams. Oh hey, Pacheco designated return to come back for UH from IR So he'll be back in the next few weeks. Probably not gonna play against the I'd be very surprised if he plays against the Bills, but he'll be back for the December. Oh checko and green Hunt Moms. I only have to throw the ball fifteen times a game. What a funny team. The Chiefs have turned into defensive oriented ground and pound ball control. Love it. Answer some quick listener questions next, What's right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright? All right, let's do some listener questions quickly to Monsey.
Speaker 3: So chat suggestions on the most NFL most famous NFL players. They chimed in and they said, uh, Sean or Peyton, Sean Payton or Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: Peyton man Sean Payton never played football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just a coach, Peyton the dion Odell. Those are the honorable admissions.
Speaker 2: First, let me answer your quest us and Sean Peyton played for the following football teams all justin nineteen eighty seven, the Chicago Bruisers, the Pittsburgh Gladiators, the Ottawa Roughriders, the Chicago Bears, and the Leicester Panthers. So my guess is he was a quarterback would be my guest. I don't know the answer to that, but regardless played at the Austra Illinois. Now to answer your questions, Peyton Manning should have been on the list. You're right, he is super duper famous still and Deon Sanders too, so I forgot I yeah, so I don't know where those guys fall on the list, but you're one hundred percent right. Those guys are more famous than any active player other than Mahomes, Kelsey and Rogers. There's no doubt about it all right.
Speaker 3: Now, Randon Swayze, H, do you think we'll start seeing no podcast clauses in contracts with guys like Micah seemingly undercutting teams pr.
Speaker 2: H. I think that would be a tough sell. I think here's the problem. The the only guys who are big enough to where they would have a podcast that'd be worth their while are guys that are big enough two guys that are big enough to have enough juice to be like, you're not telling me what I do in my off time, you know what I mean? And so like, now, it'd be one thing if it were injury related, like can't play basketball. Jalen Hurt said he has a handshake agreement not to play golf, which is a weird one. But uh so, no, I don't really think that's coming. Let's go to Let's go to Sakura Chew.
Speaker 3: Support you. Does Rabel even want Does Rabel even want the Dallas job? Lmao Jerry over is yeah, al Jerry over his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Well, so I'll do this this very quickly. Jobs that will be or should be open, we did this the other day, but we'll do it again. No NFC West teams, NFC South Saints job, Sorry about that. One of the worst jobs in football right now. So the Dallas job is better than that. NFC North Bears job, great job, but I gotta think the Bears are going to go with an offensive mind to pair with Caleb. Giants job, good job. Potentially Cowboys job is what we're talking about. Raiders job could be open, bad job. JAG's job could be open. I think that could be a good job if Bulky is gone. But I'm higher on Trevor than most. And then Cleveland job probably not going to be open. Jets job worse franchise in the league. So you can say, does he want it? How many jobs are going to be opened that are better? Maybe the Giants, the Bears, but I don't think they're going defense. So you know, it's just.
Speaker 3: Ever saying anything about the Cincinnati job.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that would be an amazing job because you have Burrow cheap ownership. And I don't think they're going to fire Zach Taylor like they would have to, really, if you're a Bengals fan. Honestly, what the probably best thing for the Bengals if you're a Bengals fan is for them to not win another game. Let me, that's not fair to Zach Taylor if you're a Bengals fan who doesn't like the head coach, because it would take a real fall off the cliff. I think for them to move on from the coach, all right. Last listener comment chartlet five said, Demanday is really developed into his own personality. It's been so cool to see. I could not agree more. These have been so much fun. I was bummed on Thursday when we couldn't do the pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so yeah, there was some want of a lay that teaser on Live. Thank you Charte love It's it's been a journey, honestly. I used to be super yeah, super nervous doing this stuff, and I still get nervous about it, but it's it's really been a journey, and I appreciate the support. I've enjoyed doing it.
Speaker 2: It's been great.
Speaker 3: Used to love doing it, but I really love doing it now. I was scared and tild Not a little boy anymore, no, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, it's been great, bigger and better as we move forward. All Right, I got a run. I'm gonna see you guys on Colin in a little over an hour, see you on the TV show round three o'clock and see it. Woolman Rink in Central Park today for an ice skating party for Deanna's school. If anyone's in the area, actually don't please, I'll be with my daughter. Talk to you guys. Let her see you. What's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We love to get to two hundred thousand. Get to Monday, another plaque, so like subscribe rate, send a rating too, do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,